Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Hras
Description: Harvey rat sarcoma virus oncogene
Alias: H-ras, Ha-ras, Harvey-ras, Hras-1, Hras1, Kras2, c-H-ras, c-Ha-ras, c-rasHa, ras, GTPase HRas, H-Ras-1, H-ras 1 protein, Harvey rat sarcoma virus oncogene 1, c-Ha-ras p21 protein, c-Ha-ras transgene, p21ras, transforming protein P21
Publications137 found, 100 shown here
- Metastasis is driven by sequential elevation of H-ras and Smad2 levelsMartin Oft
University of California at San Francisco Comprehensive Cancer Center, Box 0875, San Francisco, California 94143 0875, USA
Nat Cell Biol 4:487-94. 2002..Here we show that during multistage tumorigenesis, discrete expression thresholds of activated Smad2 and H-ras are sequentially surpassed, driving tumour progression through distinct phases from a differentiated squamous ..
- Haplotype sharing suggests that a genomic segment containing six genes accounts for the pulmonary adenoma susceptibility 1 (Pas1) locus activity in miceGiacomo Manenti
Department of Experimental Oncology, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milan, Italy
Oncogene 23:4495-504. 2004..with 42 tightly linked markers, including intragenic polymorphisms in five genes (Bcat1, Lrmp, Las1, Ghiso, and Kras2) and amino-acid changes in three genes (Lrmp, Las1, Lmna-rs1)...
- 14-3-3 zeta negatively regulates raf-1 activity by interactions with the Raf-1 cysteine-rich domainG J Clark
Department of Pharmacology, Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Biol Chem 272:20990-3. 1997Although Raf-1 is a critical effector of Ras signaling and transformation, the mechanism by which Ras promotes Raf-1 activation is complex and remains poorly understood...
- NMDA receptor activation dephosphorylates AMPA receptor glutamate receptor 1 subunits at threonine 840Jary Y Delgado
Interdepartmental PhD Program for Neuroscience, University of California, Los Angeles, 90095, USA
J Neurosci 27:13210-21. 2007..Together, our results show that GluR1 phosphorylation at T840 is regulated by NMDA receptor activation and suggest that decreases in GluR1 phosphorylation at T840 may have a role in LTD...
- Genetic changes in skin tumor progression: correlation between presence of a mutant ras gene and loss of heterozygosity on mouse chromosome 7R Bremner
Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Bearsden, Glasgow, Scotland
Cell 61:407-17. 1990Initiation of tumorigenesis in mouse skin can be accomplished by mutagenesis of the H-ras gene by treatment with chemical carcinogens...
- Distinct genetic loci control development of benign and malignant skin tumours in miceH Nagase
CRC Beatson Laboratories, Department of Medical Oncology, University of Glasgow, UK
Nat Genet 10:424-9. 1995..On the other hand, probably a single locus on chromosome 5 affects both early and late stages of malignancy. The results indicate that benign and malignant tumours are largely under independent genetic control...
- K-ras is an essential gene in the mouse with partial functional overlap with N-rasL Johnson
Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02139, USA
Genes Dev 11:2468-81. 1997Mammalian ras genes are thought to be critical in the regulation of cellular proliferation and differentiation and are mutated in approximately 30% of all human tumors. However, N-ras and H-ras are nonessential for mouse development...
- Regulation of long-term potentiation by H-Ras through NMDA receptor phosphorylationT Manabe
Department of Neurophysiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
J Neurosci 20:2504-11. 2000The proto-oncogene ras plays a critical role in cell proliferation and differentiation. However, ras genes are abundantly expressed in the adult CNS, although neuronal cells normally do not proliferate...
- RGS14 is a novel Rap effector that preferentially regulates the GTPase activity of galphaoS Traver
Inserm U 528, Institut Curie Recherche, 26 Rue d Ulm, 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
Biochem J 350:19-29. 2000In an attempt to elucidate the physiological function(s) of the Ras-related Rap proteins, we used the yeast two-hybrid system and isolated a cDNA encoding a protein that interacts with both Rap1 and Rap2, but not with Ras; the use of ..
- Targeted genomic disruption of H-ras and N-ras, individually or in combination, reveals the dispensability of both loci for mouse growth and developmentL M Esteban
Centro de Investigacion del Cancer, IBMCC, CSIC USAL, University of Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
Mol Cell Biol 21:1444-52. 2001Mammalian cells harbor three highly homologous and widely expressed members of the ras family (H-ras, N-ras, and K-ras), but it remains unclear whether they play specific or overlapping cellular roles...
- A critical role for ras-mediated, epidermal growth factor receptor-dependent angiogenesis in mouse skin carcinogenesisM Llanos Casanova
Project on Cell and Molecular Biology and Gene Therapy, Centro de Investigaciones Energeticas, Medioambientales y Tecnologicas, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Cancer Res 62:3402-7. 2002..A large body of evidence indicates that in this model, activation of Ha-ras is the critical event in papilloma formation, a process that involves epidermal proliferation and stroma remodeling,..
- Allele-specific Hras mutations and genetic alterations at tumor susceptibility loci in skin carcinomas from interspecific hybrid miceHiroki Nagase
The Department of Cancer Genetics, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
Cancer Res 63:4849-53. 2003..The mouse Hras gene, located close to Skts2 on chromosome 7, had specific activating mutations in the Mus musculus allele in 23 of ..
- Involvement of H- and N-Ras isoforms in transforming growth factor-beta1-induced proliferation and in collagen and fibronectin synthesisCarlos Martinez-Salgado
Unidad de Investigacion, Hospital Universitario de Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
Exp Cell Res 312:2093-106. 2006..TGF-beta and Ras signaling pathways are closely related: TGF-beta1 overcomes Ras mitogenic effects and Ras counteracts TGF-beta ..
- Characterization of R-ras3/m-ras null mice reveals a potential role in trophic factor signalingNelson Nuñez Rodriguez
Department of Oncological Sciences, The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:7145-54. 2006R-Ras3/M-Ras is a member of the RAS superfamily of small-molecular-weight GTP-binding proteins...
- A mouse model for Costello syndrome reveals an Ang II-mediated hypertensive conditionAlberto J Schuhmacher
Molecular Oncology Programme, Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Oncologicas, Madrid, Spain
J Clin Invest 118:2169-79. 2008Germline activation of H-RAS oncogenes is the primary cause of Costello syndrome (CS), a neuro-cardio-facio-cutaneous developmental syndrome...
- Endogenous expression of Hras(G12V) induces developmental defects and neoplasms with copy number imbalances of the oncogeneXu Chen
Human Oncology and Pathogenesis Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:7979-84. 2009We developed mice with germline endogenous expression of oncogenic Hras to study effects on development and mechanisms of tumor initiation...
- Genetic analysis of Ras signalling pathways in cell proliferation, migration and survivalMatthias Drosten
Molecular Oncology Programme, Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Oncologicas, Melchor Fernandez Almagro 3, Madrid, Spain
EMBO J 29:1091-104. 2010We have used mouse embryonic fibroblasts (MEFs) devoid of Ras proteins to illustrate that they are essential for proliferation and migration, but not for survival, at least in these cells...
- Targeted deletion of the H-ras gene decreases tumor formation in mouse skin carcinogenesisK Ise
Department of Cell Biology, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Oncogene 19:2951-6. 2000To clarify the role of the H-Ras in vivo, we generated H-ras null mutant mice by gene targeting. In spite of the importance of the Ras in cell proliferation and differentiation, H-ras null mutant mice grew normally and were fertile...
- An interaction between p21ras and heat shock protein hsp60, a chaperoninS Ikawa
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, MA 02142
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 89:2012-6. 1992..In a search for proteins interacting with p21ras, we previously identified a protein of 60 kDa (p60) through use of a chemical cross-linker...
- Nucleotide sequence of c-H-ras-1 gene from B6C3F1 miceB Przybojewska
Department of Toxicological Biochemistry, Institute of Occupational Medicine, Lodz, Poland
Acta Biochim Pol 43:575-8. 1996The c-H-ras-1 gene of an B6C3F1 mouse was isolated and nucleotide sequence determined. Our study has revealed that this c-H-ras-1 gene consists of four exons, separated by three introns ranging in size from 150 to 649 bp...
- A novel RalGEF-like protein, RGL3, as a candidate effector for rit and RasH Shao
Department of Biochemistry, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, Kentucky 40536 0230, USA
J Biol Chem 275:26914-24. 2000The small GTPase Rit is a close relative of Ras, and constitutively active Rit can induce oncogenic transformation...
- Impaired Ras membrane association and activation in PPARalpha knockout mice after partial hepatectomyMichael D Wheeler
Laboratory of Hepatobiology and Toxicology, Department of Pharmacology, Curriculum in Toxicology, School of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 284:G302-12. 2003..after partial hepatectomy (PH) involves several signaling mechanisms including activation of the small GTPases Ras and RhoA in response to mitogens leading to DNA synthesis and cell proliferation...
- Role of Ras signaling in erythroid differentiation of mouse fetal liver cells: functional analysis by a flow cytometry-based novel culture systemJing Zhang
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, 9 Cambridge Center, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Blood 102:3938-46. 2003b>Ras signaling plays an important role in erythropoiesis...
- Single-molecule diffusion measurements of H-Ras at the plasma membrane of live cells reveal microdomain localization upon activationPiet H M Lommerse
Department of Biophysics, Leiden Institute of Physics, Leiden University, Niels Bohrweg 2, 2333 CA Leiden, The Netherlands
J Cell Sci 118:1799-809. 2005Recent studies show that the partitioning of the small GTPase H-Ras in different types of membrane microdomains is dependent on guanosine 5'-triphosphate (GTP)-loading of H-Ras...
- Harvey-ras gene expression and epidermal cell proliferation in dibenzo[a,l]pyrene-treated early preneoplastic SENCAR mouse skinGausal A Khan
Eppley Institute for Research in Cancer and Allied Diseases, Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 6805, USA
J Invest Dermatol 125:567-74. 2005..DB[a,l]P) to the dorsal skin of SENCAR mice induces codon 61 (CAA Gln to CTA Leu) mutations in the Harvey (H)-ras gene within 12 h after treatment...
- Crosstalk between Pten and Ras signaling pathways in tumor developmentMinh D To
UCSF Comprehensive Cancer Center, San Francisco, California 94115, USA
Cell Cycle 4:1185-8. 2005The Pten and Ras pathways are disrupted or activated, respectively, in a substantial proportion of cancers...
- Activation of the lutropin/choriogonadotropin receptor in MA-10 cells stimulates tyrosine kinase cascades that activate ras and the extracellular signal regulated kinases (ERK1/2)Koji Shiraishi
Department of Pharmacology, 2 319B BSB, 51 Newton Road, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, 52242 1109, USA
Endocrinology 147:3419-27. 2006..and the formation of complexes containing Shc and Sos (Son of sevenless), a guanine nucleotide exchange factor for Ras. Because a dominant-negative mutant of Shc inhibits the LHR-mediated activation of Ras and the phosphorylation of ..
- Constitutive activation of ras in neurons: implications for the regulation of the mammalian circadian clockTsvetan Serchov
Department of Molecular Neurobiochemistry and IGSN, Ruhr University, Bochum, Germany
Chronobiol Int 23:191-200. 2006..An upstream element of the ERK signalling route is the small intracellular membrane-anchored G-protein, Ras. In order to study its possible role in the entrainment of the circadian clock we are using transgenic gain-of-..
- p200 RhoGAP promotes cell proliferation by mediating cross-talk between Ras and Rho signaling pathwaysXun Shang
Division of Experimental Hematology, Children s Hospital Research Foundation, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
J Biol Chem 282:8801-11. 2007..by p200 RhoGAP is distinct from that formed by Rac or Rho activation but similar to that induced by oncogenic Ras, raising the possibility that p200 RhoGAP may engage Ras signaling...
- The Rb/E2F pathway and Ras activation regulate RecQ helicase gene expressionYongqing Liu
Molecular Targets Program, James Graham Brown Cancer Center, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Biochem J 412:299-306. 2008Disruption of the Rb (retinoblastoma protein)/E2F cell-cycle pathway and Ras activation are two of the most frequent events in cancer, and both of these mutations place oncogenic stress on cells to increase DNA replication...
- p21 Ras/impedes mitogenic signal propagation regulates cytokine production and migration in CD4 T cellsJan Czyzyk
Departments of Pathology and Immunobiology
J Biol Chem 283:23004-15. 2008..In this study, we examined the role of a recently described Ras GTPase effector and repressor of the Raf/MEK/ERK cascade called impedes mitogenic signal propagation (Imp) in ..
- Novel type of Ras effector interaction established between tumour suppressor NORE1A and Ras switch IIBenjamin Stieglitz
Physikalische Chemie 1, Fakultät für Chemie und Biochemie, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Bochum, Germany
EMBO J 27:1995-2005. 2008A class of putative Ras effectors called Ras association domain family (RASSF) represents non-enzymatic adaptors that were shown to be important in tumour suppression...
- 8-Oxoguanine-mediated transcriptional mutagenesis causes Ras activation in mammalian cellsTina T Saxowsky
Department of Biochemistry, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:18877-82. 2008..This system uses expression of the Ras oncogene in which an 8OG replaces guanine in codon 61...
- Neuronal Ras activation inhibits adult hippocampal progenitor cell division and impairs spatial short-term memoryM Manns
Molecular Neurobiochemistry, Faculty of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Ruhr University Bochum, Bochum, FRG
Genes Brain Behav 9:525-36. 2010..the impact of those factors, we used a transgenic synRas mouse model expressing constitutively activated Valin12-Harvey Ras selectively in differentiated neurons...
- The TGF-beta co-receptor endoglin modulates the expression and transforming potential of H-RasJuan F Santibanez
Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas CSIC and Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Enfermedades Raras CIBERER, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Carcinogenesis 31:2145-54. 2010..Because in this model system H-Ras activation drives tumor initiation and progression, we have assessed the effects of endoglin on the expression of H-..
- PEA-15 potentiates H-Ras-mediated epithelial cell transformation through phospholipase DF J Sulzmaier
Cancer Biology Program, University of Hawaii Cancer Center, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
Oncogene 31:3547-60. 2012The small GTPase H-Ras is a proto-oncogene that activates a variety of different pathways including the extracellular-signal-regulated kinase (ERK)/mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway...
- Ras activation induces expression of Raet1 family NK receptor ligandsXi V Liu
Immunology Programme, Department of Microbiology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore 117456
J Immunol 189:1826-34. 2012NK cells play a crucial role in innate immunity against tumors. In many human tumors, Ras is chronically active, and tumor cells frequently express ligands for the activating NK cell receptor NKG2D...
- Oxidative stress posttranslationally regulates the expression of Ha-Ras and Ki-Ras in cultured astrocytesSamantha Messina
Department of Human Sciences, Society, and Health, University of Cassino and Southern Lazio, 03043 Cassino, Italy
Oxid Med Cell Longev 2012:792705. 2012Addition of hydrogen peroxide to cultured astrocytes induced a rapid and transient increase in the expression of Ha-Ras and Ki-Ras...
- Genetic dissection of plexin signaling in vivoThomas Worzfeld
Department of Pharmacology, Max Planck Institute for Heart and Lung Research, 61231 Bad Nauheim, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:2194-9. 2014..In vitro studies have shown that plexins exert their effects via an intracellular R-Ras/M-Ras GTPase-activating protein (GAP) domain or by activation of RhoA through interaction with Rho guanine ..
- Loss of Cbl-PI3K interaction enhances osteoclast survival due to p21-Ras mediated PI3K activation independent of Cbl-bNaga Suresh Adapala
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut, 06032
J Cell Biochem 115:1277-89. 2014..In addition to PI3K, the small GTPase Ras also regulates osteoclast survival...
- Relevant role of PKG in the progression of fibrosis induced by TNF-like weak inducer of apoptosisPaloma Martin
Department of System Biology, Universidad de Alcala, Alcala de Henares, Madrid, Spain REDinREN Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Madrid, Spain Instituto Reina Sofía de Investigaciones Nefrológicas, Madrid, Spain
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 307:F75-85. 2014..higher levels of the extracellular matrix protein fibronectin and decreased PKG-I expression and activity via the Ras pathway...
- NF2 Loss Promotes Oncogenic RAS-Induced Thyroid Cancers via YAP-Dependent Transactivation of RAS Proteins and Sensitizes Them to MEK InhibitionMaria E R Garcia-Rendueles
Human Oncology and Pathogenesis Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York
Cancer Discov 5:1178-93. 2015..Nf2 deletion or Hras mutation is insufficient for transformation, whereas their combined disruption leads to murine PDTC with increased ..
- Intracellular NF-HEV/IL-33 harbors essential roles in Ras-induced cellular transformation by contributing to cyclin D1 protein synthesisSatoshi Ohta
Division of Structural Biochemistry and Medical Biochemistry, Department of Biochemistry, Jichi Medical University, 3311 1 Yakushiji, Shimotsuke shi, Tochigi 329 0498, Japan
Cell Signal 28:1025-36. 2016..demonstrated that the expression of IL-33 was markedly enhanced in NIH-3T3 cells transformed by an oncogenic H-Ras mutant (H-Ras (G12V)), and the induced IL-33 was mainly located in the nuclei of these cells...
- The rhombotin gene family encode related LIM-domain proteins whose differing expression suggests multiple roles in mouse developmentL Foroni
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, U K
J Mol Biol 226:747-61. 1992..These results suggest multiple cellular targets for the action of these proteins during development...
- Identification of a normal vertebrate cell protein related to the p21 src of Harvey murine sarcoma virusH Langbeheim
Virology 106:292-300. 1980
- Chromosome mapping of murine susceptibility loci to liver carcinogenesisM Gariboldi
Division of Experimental Oncology A, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milan, Italy
Cancer Res 53:209-11. 1993..An F2 population of 87 urethane-treated male A/J x C3H/He mice was scored with 83 genetic markers. Three regions, localized on chromosomes 7, 8, and 12, were found to contain putative liver tumor susceptibility genes...
- Ras signaling is essential for lens cell proliferation and lens growth during developmentLeike Xie
Department of Ophthalmology, School of Medicine, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65212, USA
Dev Biol 298:403-14. 2006..The signaling pathways downstream of the RTKs remain to be elucidated. Here, we demonstrate the important role of Ras in lens development by expressing a dominant-negative form of Ras (dn-Ras) in the lens of transgenic mice...
- Spatial regulation of Raf kinase signaling by RKTGLin Feng
Institute for Nutritional Sciences, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, China
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:14348-53. 2007Subcellular compartmentalization has become an important theme in cell signaling such as spatial regulation of Ras by RasGRP1 and MEK/ERK by Sef. Here, we report spatial regulation of Raf kinase by RKTG (Raf kinase trapping to Golgi)...
- Ras signaling mechanisms underlying impaired GluR1-dependent plasticity associated with fragile X syndromeHailan Hu
Department of Pharmacology, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
J Neurosci 28:7847-62. 2008..Here, we report an examination of small GTPase Ras signaling and synaptic AMPA receptor (AMPA-R) trafficking in cultured slices and intact brains of wild-type and ..
- Mouse mesenchymal stem cells expressing PAX-FKHR form alveolar rhabdomyosarcomas by cooperating with secondary mutationsYue Xin Ren
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Children s Hospital Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Cancer Res 68:6587-97. 2008..Additional activation of the Ras signaling pathway leads to highly malignant tumor formation for all of the populations...
- Constitutively active H-ras accelerates multiple forms of plasticity in developing visual cortexMegumi Kaneko
Department of Physiology and the Keck Center for Integrative Neurosciences, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0444, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:19026-31. 2010..We show that a constitutively active form of H-ras (H-ras(G12V)), expressed presynaptically at excitatory synapses in mice, accelerates and enhances multiple, ..
- Steatosis induced by the accumulation of apolipoprotein A-I and elevated ROS levels in H-ras12V transgenic mice contributes to hepatic lesionsAi Guo Wang
Laboratory Animal Center, Dalian Medical University, Dalian 116044, People s Republic of China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 409:532-8. 2011..The steatosis, in turn, promotes the development of hepatic lesions induced by H-ras12V oncogene...
- The small G protein H-Ras in the mesolimbic system is a molecular gateway to alcohol-seeking and excessive drinking behaviorsSami Ben Hamida
Ernest Gallo Research Center and Department of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco, Emeryville, California 94608, USA
J Neurosci 32:15849-58. 2012..Here, we report that the GTP binding protein, H-Ras in the nucleus accumbens (NAc) plays a key role in neuroadaptations that underlie excessive alcohol-drinking ..
- Ras signaling is essential for skin developmentM Drosten
Molecular Oncology Programme, Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Oncologicas CNIO, Spanish National Cancer Research Center, Madrid, Spain
Oncogene 33:2857-65. 2014..Here we deleted all three Ras loci (H-Ras, N-Ras and K-Ras) from keratinocytes in vitro as well as specifically from the epidermis in mice using ..
- Abnormal Ras signaling in Costello syndrome (CS) negatively regulates enamel formationAlice F Goodwin
Department of Orofacial Sciences and Program in Craniofacial and Mesenchymal Biology
Hum Mol Genet 23:682-92. 2014..One of these conditions, Costello syndrome (CS), is typically caused by an activating de novo germline mutation in HRAS and is characterized by a wide range of cardiac, musculoskeletal, dermatological and developmental abnormalities...
- Reduced HRAS G12V-Driven Tumorigenesis of Cell Lines Expressing KRAS C118SLu Huang
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, United States of America
PLoS ONE 10:e0123918. 2015In many different human cancers, one of the HRAS, NRAS, or KRAS genes in the RAS family of small GTPases acquires an oncogenic mutation that renders the encoded protein constitutively GTP-bound and thereby active, which is well ..
- The rat gene mapC Szpirer
Curr Top Microbiol Immunol 137:33-8. 1988
- Transcriptomal profiling of site-specific Ras signalsLorena Agudo-Ibáñez
Instituto de Investigaciones Biomedicas, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas CSIC, Departamento de Biologia Molecular, Unidad de Biomedicina, CSIC Universidad de Cantabria, Santander, Spain
Cell Signal 19:2264-76. 2007b>Ras proteins are distributed in distinct plasma-membrane microdomains and endomembranes...
- Ras subcellular localization defines extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1 and 2 substrate specificity through distinct utilization of scaffold proteinsBerta Casar
Departamento de Biologia Molecular, Instituto de Biomedicina y Biotecnología de Cantabria, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas IDICAN Universidad de Cantabria, Santander, 39011 Cantabria, Spain
Mol Cell Biol 29:1338-53. 2009Subcellular localization influences the nature of Ras/extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK) signals by unknown mechanisms...
- Molecular cloning and the total nucleotide sequence of the human c-Ha-ras-1 gene activated in a melanoma from a Japanese patientT Sekiya
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 81:4771-5. 1984..patient and maintained in nude mice has been cloned in its biologically active form and identified as the c-Ha-ras-1 gene, a homologue of the viral Ha-ras gene...
- Genetic mapping in human and mouse of the locus encoding TRBP, a protein that binds the TAR region of the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV-1)C A Kozak
Laboratory of Molecular Microbiology, National Institutes of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Genomics 25:66-72. 1995..Western blotting indicates that despite high sequence conservation in human and mouse, the TARBP2 protein differs in apparent size in primate and rodent cells...
- Reassignment of the H-ras-1 gene to the Hbb-terminus region of mouse chromosome 7A B Bianchi
University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Smithville 78957
Mamm Genome 4:220-2. 1993
- Serine and tyrosine phosphorylations cooperate in Raf-1, but not B-Raf activationC S Mason
CRC Centre for Cell and Molecular Biology, Institute of Cancer Research, 237 Fulham Road, London SW3 6JB
EMBO J 18:2137-48. 1999..Expression of Raf-1 with oncogenic Ras gives predominantly S338 phosphorylation, whereas activated Src gives predominantly Y341 phosphorylation...
- Both (+/-)syn- and (+/-)anti-7,12-dimethylbenz[a]anthracene-3,4-diol-1,2-epoxides initiate tumors in mouse skin that possess -CAA- to -CTA- mutations at Codon 61 of c-H-rasM S Tang
Department of Environmental Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, Tuxedo 10987, USA
Cancer Res 60:5688-95. 2000..the two metabolically formed bay-region diol epoxides of DMBA, and we have also analyzed mutations in the H-ras gene from tumors induced by these compounds...
- Ecdysone-inducible expression of oncogenic Ha-Ras in NIH 3T3 cells leads to transient nuclear localization of activated extracellular signal-regulated kinase regulated by mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase-1David Plows
Institute for Biological Research and Biotechnology, National Hellenic Research Foundation, 116 35 Athens, Greece
Biochem J 362:305-15. 2002The Ras family of GTP-binding proteins are key transducers of extracellular signals, particularly through the mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) pathway...
- RabGEF1 is a negative regulator of mast cell activation and skin inflammationSee Ying Tam
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Nat Immunol 5:844-52. 2004..Here we report that the regulatory protein RabGEF1 bound to Ras and negatively regulated Ras activation and its 'downstream' effector pathways in Fc epsilon RI-dependent mast cell ..
- Ras signalling regulates differentiation and UCP1 expression in models of brown adipogenesisMaria Murholm
Department of Biomedical Sciences, The Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, DK 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark
Biochim Biophys Acta 1800:619-27. 2010The Ras/Raf/MEK/ERK pathway has been recognised as an important signalling module in adipogenesis and adipocyte function, but whether it promotes or inhibits the formation of fat cells has not been reconciled.
- H-ras up-regulates expression of BNIP3Wojciech Kalas
Department of Experimental Oncology, Ludwik Hirszfeld Institute of Immunology and Experimental Therapy, Polish Academy of Sciences, Wroclaw, Poland
Anticancer Res 31:2869-75. 2011..Despite the postulated role of BNIP3 in the regulation of survival of cancer cells, the influence of oncogenic transformation on BNIP3 expression is unclear...
- Assembly and function of the regulator of G protein signaling 14 (RGS14)·H-Ras signaling complex in live cells are regulated by Gαi1 and Gαi-linked G protein-coupled receptorsChristopher P Vellano
Department of Pharmacology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Biol Chem 288:3620-31. 2013..signaling 14 (RGS14) is a multifunctional scaffolding protein that integrates heterotrimeric G protein and H-Ras signaling pathways...
- Dynamic palmitoylation links cytosol-membrane shuttling of acyl-protein thioesterase-1 and acyl-protein thioesterase-2 with that of proto-oncogene H-ras product and growth-associated protein-43Eryan Kong
Section on Developmental Genetics, Program on Developmental Endocrinology and Genetics, Eunice Kennedy Shriver NICHD, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1830, USA
J Biol Chem 288:9112-25. 2013..APT1) and APT2 are cytosolic enzymes that catalyze depalmitoylation of membrane-anchored, palmitoylated H-Ras and growth-associated protein-43 (GAP-43), respectively...
- Oncogene-induced liver neoplasia in transgenic miceE P Sandgren
Laboratory of Reproductive Physiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104
Oncogene 4:715-24. 1989..of hepatocarcinogenesis were generated by directing the expression of SV40 T-antigens, an oncogenic mutant of c-H-ras, or c-myc to the liver of transgenic mice using the albumin enhancer/promoter...
- The structural gene for the M1 subunit of ribonucleotide reductase maps to chromosome 11, band p15, in human and to chromosome 7 in mouseJ E Brissenden
Department of Human Genetics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510
Exp Cell Res 174:302-8. 1988..4----p15.5. The mouse Rrml locus was assigned to chromosome 7, where it forms part of a conserved syntenic group of at least seven other genes assigned to human chromosome band 11p15...
- Chromosomal mapping of beta-globin and albino loci in the domestic cat. A conserved mammalian chromosome groupS J O'Brien
J Hered 77:374-8. 1986..The placement of the albino locus on conserved syntenic groups of several markers (HBB, HRAS, LDHA) in both cat and mouse strongly indicates the conservative placement of the as yet unmapped human albino ..
- Assignment of three rat cellular RAS oncogenes to chromosomes 1, 4, and XJ Szpirer
Somat Cell Mol Genet 11:93-7. 1985..The rat cellular HRAS-1 gene, homologous to the Harvey sarcoma virus oncogene was assigned to chromosome 1, whereas its intron-less ..
- Chromosome assignments of four mouse cellular homologs of sarcoma and leukemia virus oncogenesA Y Sakaguchi
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 81:525-9. 1984..the oncogenes of Rous sarcoma virus (v-src), avian myeloblastosis virus (v-myb), Kirsten murine sarcoma virus (v-Ki-ras), and Harvey murine sarcoma virus (v-Ha-ras) were hybridized to the DNA from mouse-Chinese hamster somatic cell ..
- Mouse gastric mucin: cloning and chromosomal localizationL L Shekels
Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55417, USA
Biochem J 311:775-85. 1995..Due to sequence similarity and predominant expression in the stomach, the MGM gene may be considered a MUC5AC homologue and named Muc5ac...
- Uroporphyrinogen-III synthase: molecular cloning, nucleotide sequence, expression of a mouse full-length cDNA, and its localization on mouse chromosome 7W Xu
Department of Human Genetics, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029 6574, USA
Genomics 26:556-62. 1995....
- Novel RFLPs at protooncogene and cancer-related gene loci on mouse chromosomesJ Santos
Department of Pathology and Kaplan Cancer Center, New York University School of Medicine, NY 10016
Cytogenet Cell Genet 62:217-9. 1993DNA probes for the NRAS, HRAS, KRAS2, LCK, RAF1, MET, MYCL1, MYCN, MYB, ERBB2, FOS, CSF1R, and SRC protooncogene loci; the retinoblastoma gene locus (RB1); the tumor virus integration sites INT2, PVT1, and MLV12; and the locus of the ..
- Genetic mapping of three GABAA receptor-subunit genes in the mouseM Danciger
Jules Stein Eye Institute, UCLA School of Medicine
Genomics 16:361-5. 1993..The Gabrb-1, Gabra-2 pair of genes on Chr 5 maps near the mouse "circling mutation" pi (pirouette)...
- Multiple tumor types appear in a transgenic mouse with the ras oncogeneR D Cardiff
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, University of California, Davis 95616
Am J Pathol 142:1199-207. 1993A transgenic mouse strain with the zeta-globin promoter and the vHa-ras oncogene develops an array of mesenchymal and epithelial neoplasms described here...
- The protein tyrosine phosphatase epsilon gene maps to mouse chromosome 7 and human chromosome 10q26A Elson
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Genomics 31:373-5. 1996..Both isoforms have been suggested to arise from a single gene through the use of alternative promoters and 5' exons. The identification of a single PTP epsilon locus in both organisms is consistent with this suggestion...
- Cardiac and skeletal muscle troponin I isoforms are encoded by a dispersed gene family on mouse chromosomes 1 and 7J L Guenet
Institut Pasteur de Paris, Unite de Genetique des Mammiferes, Paris, France
Mamm Genome 7:13-5. 1996..The cardiac troponin I locus (Tnni3) also mapped to Chr 7, approximately 5-10 cM from the centromere and unlinked to the fast skeletal muscle troponin I locus. Thus, the troponin I gene family is dispersed in the mouse genome...
- Identification of Nore1 as a potential Ras effectorD Vavvas
The Diabetes Unit and Medical Services and the Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital East, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
J Biol Chem 273:5439-42. 1998The small GTP-binding protein Ras is pivotal in transmitting growth and differentiation signals downstream of cell surface receptors...
- Genetic events and the role of TGF beta in epithelial tumour progressionR J Akhurst
Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Richmond, CA 94806, USA
J Pathol 187:82-90. 1999..The use of transgenic and gene knock-out mice has contributed greatly to knowledge in this area. The H-ras genetic locus has been shown to undergo multiple genetic changes, including mutagenic activation, amplification of ..
- Alterations of oncogenes, tumor suppressor genes and growth factors in hepatocellular carcinoma: with relation to tumor size and invasivenessZ Tang
Liver Cancer Institute, Shanghai Medical University, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 111:313-8. 1998..To make a better understanding of the molecular mechanisms involved in recurrence and metastasis of the hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), some invasion related oncogenes, and growth factors have been investigated...
- Astrocyte-specific expression of activated p21-ras results in malignant astrocytoma formation in a transgenic mouse model of human gliomasH Ding
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 1X5 Canada
Cancer Res 61:3826-36. 2001Activation of the p21-ras signaling pathway from aberrantly expressed receptors promotes the growth of malignant human astrocytomas...
- The Tg.AC (v-Ha-ras) transgenic mouse: nature of the modelR W Tennant
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Laboratory of Environmental Carcinogenesis and Mutagenesis, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Toxicol Pathol 29:51-9. 2001The Tg.AC (v-Ha-ras) transgenic mouse model provides a reporter phenotype of skin papillomas in response to either genotoxic or nongenotoxic carcinogens. In common with the conventional bioassay, the Tg...
- The rasH2 transgenic mouse: nature of the model and mechanistic studies on tumorigenesisN Tamaoki
Tokai University School of Medicine, Central Institute for Experimental Animals, Miyamae, Kawasaki, Japan
Toxicol Pathol 29:81-9. 2001The rasH2 mouse is a hemizygous transgenic mouse carrying the c-Ha-ras oncogene and that gene's promotor/enhancer within the genetic background of a BALB/cByJ x C57BL/6J F1 mouse...
- Sodium arsenite administration via drinking water increases genome-wide and Ha-ras DNA hypomethylation in methyl-deficient C57BL/6J miceR S Okoji
Center for Occupational and Environmental Health, UCLA School of Public Health, 650 Charles E Young Drive South, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Carcinogenesis 23:777-85. 2002..the role of a methyl-deficient diet in combination with sodium arsenite on the genomic methylation status and Ha-ras methylation status of C57BL/6J male mice hepatic DNA...
- Genetic interaction between the unstable v-Ha-RAS transgene (Tg.AC) and the murine Werner syndrome gene: transgene instability and tumorigenesisAya Leder
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, 200 Longwood Ave, Boston, Massachusetts, MA 02115, USA
Oncogene 21:6657-68. 2002..AC transgene (consisting of v-Ha-Ras driven by an embryonic zeta-globin promoter) would not ordinarily be expected to develop skin and other adult ..
- G-protein-coupled receptor-mediated activation of rap GTPases: characterization of a novel Galphai regulated pathwayJacques T Weissman
ACADIA Pharmaceuticals Inc, 3911 Sorrento Valley Blvd, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Oncogene 23:241-9. 2004b>Ras proteins mediate the proliferative effects of G-protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs), but the role of Rap proteins in GPCR signaling is unclear...
- Phosphorylation of focal adhesion kinase at tyrosine 861 is crucial for Ras transformation of fibroblastsYangmi Lim
Department of Life Sciences, Ewha Womans University, Seoul 120 750, Korea
J Biol Chem 279:29060-5. 2004..FAK phosphorylation at tyrosine 861 was increased in both constitutively H-Ras-transformed and H-Ras-inducible NIH3T3 cells, in parallel with cell transformation...
- Activated H-Ras regulates hematopoietic cell survival by modulating SurvivinSeiji Fukuda
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Walther Oncology Center, Indiana University School of Medicine, Walther Cancer Institute, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 323:636-44. 2004Survivin expression and Ras activation are regulated by hematopoietic growth factors...
- Identification of PSD-95 palmitoylating enzymesMasaki Fukata
Department of Physiology, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Neuron 44:987-96. 2004..P-PATs) showed substrate specificity, as they did not all enhance palmitoylation of Lck, SNAP-25b, Galpha(s), or H-Ras in cultured cells...
- Analysis of p53 tumor suppressor gene, H-ras protooncogene and proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA) in squamous cell carcinomas of HRA/Skh mice following exposure to 8-methoxypsoralen (8-MOP) and UVA radiation (PUVA therapy)Luca Lambertini
Laboratory of Experimental Pathology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Toxicol Pathol 33:292-9. 2005..In the present study, we evaluated the protein expression of p53 and PCNA and DNA mutations of p53 and H-ras genes in both hyperplastic and neoplastic squamous cell lesions from the NTP study...
- Math1 target genes are enriched with evolutionarily conserved clustered E-box binding sitesValery Krizhanovsky
Department of Cell and Animal Biology, Institute of Life Sciences, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem, Israel
J Mol Neurosci 28:211-29. 2006..enrichment and clustering of MATH1-binding E-boxes only in a subset of differentially expressed genes (Nr2f6, Hras1, and Hes5) in both mouse and man...
- Hyperactivation of Ha-ras oncogene, but not Ink4a/Arf deficiency, triggers bladder tumorigenesisLan Mo
Department of Urology, New York University Cancer Institute, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
J Clin Invest 117:314-25. 2007Although ras is a potent mitogenic oncogene, its tumorigenicity depends on cellular context and cooperative events...
- Mechanical stress-mediated Runx2 activation is dependent on Ras/ERK1/2 MAPK signaling in osteoblastsTakahiro Kanno
Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Reconstructive Surgery, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Science of Physical Functions, Kyushu Dental College, Fukuoka, Japan
J Cell Biochem 101:1266-77. 2007..Small interfering RNA (siRNA) targeting Rous sarcoma kinase (RAS), an upstream regulator of both ERK1/2 and p38 MAPKs, inhibited stretch-induced ERK1/2 activation, but not ..
- Cooperation of Ha-ras and Bcl-2 during multistep skin carcinogenesisSangjun Lee
Department of Hematopathology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Mol Carcinog 46:949-57. 2007..Deregulation of bcl-2 and ras family members is commonly observed in NMSC...
- The RAS-dependent ERF control of cell proliferation and differentiation is mediated by c-Myc repressionMihalis Verykokakis
Medical School, University of Crete and Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Foundation for Research and Technology Hellas, Heraklion, Crete, 710 03, Greece
J Biol Chem 282:30285-94. 2007The ERF transcriptional repressor is a downstream effector of the RAS/ERK pathway that interacts with and is directly phosphorylated by ERKs in vivo and in vitro...
- Very-KIND, a KIND domain containing RasGEF, controls dendrite growth by linking Ras small GTPases and MAP2Jinhong Huang
Laboratory for Molecular Neurogenesis, RIKEN Brain Science Institute, Wako, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
J Cell Biol 179:539-52. 2007..Here, we report that a brain-specific Ras guanine nucleotide exchange factor (RasGEF) carrying two kinase non-catalytic C-lobe domains (KINDs), very-KIND (v-..
- Cell type gene delivery and alcoholic liver diseaseMichael Wheeler; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, through didactic training, and interactions with his mentor and key faculty, the applicant will acquire new skills that will allow him to become a successful member of the alcohol research community. ..
- Analysis and Identification of Skin Cancer in MiceHiroki Nagase; Fiscal Year: 2008..In the long term, understanding the genetic load which leads to cancer susceptibility in the human population will provide rational alternatives to cancer prevention, screening and risk assessment. [unreadable] [unreadable]..