Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Hoxb13
Description: homeobox B13
Alias: homeo box B13, homeobox protein Hox-B13
- Wnt signaling though beta-catenin is required for prostate lineage specificationBrian W Simons
Department of Molecular and Comparative Pathobiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Dev Biol 371:246-55. 2012..Deletion of beta-catenin in the adult prostate did not significantly affect organ homeostasis. Collectively, these data establish that beta-catenin and Wnt signaling play key roles in prostate lineage specification and bud outgrowth...
- HOXB13 homeodomain protein is cytoplasmic throughout fetal skin developmentLaszlo G Komuves
Department of Dermatology, VA Medical Center and University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
Dev Dyn 227:192-202. 2003..We initially isolated the HOXB13 gene from human fetal skin in experiments designed to identify candidate genes that regulate scarless fetal wound ..
- A molecular pathogenesis for transcription factor associated poly-alanine tract expansionsAndrea N Albrecht
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics, Charite, Berlin, Germany
Hum Mol Genet 13:2351-9. 2004..Our results provide evidence that poly-Ala repeat expansions in transcription factors result in misfolding, degradation and cytoplasmic aggregation of the mutant proteins...
- Range of HOX/TALE superclass associations and protein domain requirements for HOXA13:MEIS interactionThomas M Williams
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan, Med Sci II 4811, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0618, USA
Dev Biol 277:457-71. 2005....
- Hoxb13 regulatory elements mediate transgene expression during prostate organogenesis and carcinogenesisRyan P McMullin
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Maryland Baltimore County, Baltimore, Maryland 21250, USA
Dev Dyn 238:664-72. 2009..Paradoxically, known prostate-restricted cis-regulatory elements are androgen dependent. Hoxb13 expression is restricted in adults to the prostate and colon, and robust Hoxb13 expression persists after ..
- Ezh2 orchestrates gene expression for the stepwise differentiation of tissue-specific stem cellsElena Ezhkova
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Laboratory of Mammalian Cell Biology and Development, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10065, USA
Cell 136:1122-35. 2009..They maintain their proliferative potential and globally repressing undesirable differentiation programs while selectively establishing a specific terminal differentiation program in a stepwise fashion...
- Persistent inflammation and angiogenesis during wound healing in K14-directed Hoxb13 transgenic miceJudith A Mack
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Invest Dermatol 130:856-65. 2010..We previously showed that loss of Hoxb13 from murine skin results in enhanced cutaneous wound healing, suggesting that Hoxb13 has a negative effect on ..
- Cdx and Hox genes differentially regulate posterior axial growth in mammalian embryosTeddy Young
Hubrecht Institute KNAW and University Medical Center, 3584 CT Utrecht, The Netherlands
Dev Cell 17:516-26. 2009..Concomitant regulation of Cyp26a1 expression, restraining retinoic acid signaling away from the posterior growth zone, may likewise play a role in timing the trunk-tail transition...
- A FOXA1-binding enhancer regulates Hoxb13 expression in the prostate glandRyan P McMullin
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Maryland Baltimore County, Baltimore, MD 21250, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:98-103. 2010b>Hoxb13 is robustly transcribed in derivatives of posterior endoderm including the colon, rectum, and the prostate gland...
- Concerted involvement of Cdx/Hox genes and Wnt signaling in morphogenesis of the caudal neural tube and cloacal derivatives from the posterior growth zoneCesca van de Ven
Hubrecht Institute, Developmental Biology and Stem Cell Research, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Development 138:3451-62. 2011..They shed a new light on the etiology of the caudal dysplasia or caudal regression range of human congenital defects...
- Hoxb13 knockout adult skin exhibits high levels of hyaluronan and enhanced wound healingJudith A Mack
Department of Research, Cleveland Clinic Florida, Weston, Florida, USA
FASEB J 17:1352-4. 2003..Previous studies indicate that down-regulation of HoxB13, a member of the highly conserved family of Hox transcription factors, occurs during fetal scarless wound healing...
- Hoxb13 mutations cause overgrowth of caudal spinal cord and tail vertebraeKyriakos D Economides
Howard Hughes Medical Center, Department of Human Genetics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Dev Biol 256:317-30. 2003To address the expression and function of Hoxb13, the 5' most Hox gene in the HoxB cluster, we have generated mice with loss-of-function and beta-galactosidase reporter insertion alleles of this gene...
- PA28 subunits of the mouse proteasome: primary structures and chromosomal localization of the genesE Kandil
Department of Biochemistry, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo 060, Japan
Immunogenetics 46:337-44. 1997..It appears that the IFN-gamma-inducible alpha- and beta-subunits emerged by gene duplication from a gamma-subunit-like precursor...
- AbdB-like Hox proteins stabilize DNA binding by the Meis1 homeodomain proteinsW F Shen
Department of Medicine, University of California VA Medical Center, San Francisco 94121, USA
Mol Cell Biol 17:6448-58. 1997..DNA binding complexes formed by Meis1 with Hox proteins dissociate much more slowly than DNA complexes with Meis1 alone, suggesting that Hox proteins stabilize the interactions of Meis1 proteins with their DNA targets...
- Structural analysis and chromosomal localization of the mouse Psmb5 gene coding for the constitutively expressed beta-type proteasome subunitK Kohda
Department of Biochemistry, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo 060, Japan
Immunogenetics 47:77-87. 1997..These results were confirmed by fluorescent in situ hybridization analysis that localized Psmb5 to band C2 to proximal D1 of chromosome 14 and Psmb5-ps to band D of chromosome 11...
- The mouse chondroadherin gene: characterization and chromosomal localizationC Landgren
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Lund University, Sweden
Genomics 47:84-91. 1998..The chondroadherin gene was mapped to mouse chromosome 11, near D11Mit14, by single-strand conformation polymorphism linkage analysis...
- A large targeted deletion of Hoxb1-Hoxb9 produces a series of single-segment anterior homeotic transformationsO Medina-Martinez
Institute of Biosciences and Technology, Texas A and M University System Health Sciences Center, Houston 77030, USA
Dev Biol 222:71-83. 2000..The mouse HoxB cluster contains 10 genes, Hoxb1 to Hoxb9 and Hoxb13, which are transcribed in the same direction...
- Loss of orphan receptor germ cell nuclear factor function results in ectopic development of the tail bud and a novel posterior truncationA C Chung
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Mol Cell Biol 21:663-77. 2001..These results suggest that GCNF regulates a novel and critical developmental pathway involved in normal anteroposterior development...
- Expression of Hoxb13 and Hoxc10 in developing and regenerating Axolotl limbs and tailsM R Carlson
Developmental Biology Center, University of California, Irvine, California 92697, USA
Dev Biol 229:396-406. 2001..the role such genes play in appendage regeneration, we have compared the expression of two 5' Hox complex genes: Hoxb13 and Hoxc10 during development and regeneration of the body axis and the limbs of axolotls...
- PKHDL1, a homolog of the autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease gene, encodes a receptor with inducible T lymphocyte expressionMarie C Hogan
Division of Nephrology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Hum Mol Genet 12:685-98. 2003..Low level expression was detected in many primary immune cell subtypes but up-regulated specifically in T lymphocytes, following activation signals, suggesting a role in cellular immunity...
- Hoxb13 is required for normal differentiation and secretory function of the ventral prostateKyriakos D Economides
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Human Genetics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112, USA
Development 130:2061-9. 2003..In this study, the ventral prostate-specific function of Hoxb13 is described...
- Hoxb-13: a new Hox gene in a distant region of the HOXB cluster maintains colinearityL Zeltser
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Development 122:2475-84. 1996..Because of its separation from the complex, Hoxb-13 may provide an important system to dissect the mechanism(s) responsible for the maintenance of colinearity...
- Hoxb13 in Skin Renewal and RepairJudith Mack; Fiscal Year: 2008..a position as a Project Scientist at the Cleveland Clinic Florida to study the role of the transcription factor Hoxb13 in cutaneous wound healing using a Hoxb13 knock out (KO) mouse line...