Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Hnf1a
Description: HNF1 homeobox A
Alias: AI323641, HNF1, HNF1-alpha, HNF1[a], Hnf-1, Hnf1alpha, LFB1, Tcf-1, Tcf1, hepatocyte nuclear factor 1-alpha, HNF-1-alpha, HNF-1A, hepatocyte nuclear factor 1, liver-specific transcription factor LF-B1, transcription factor 1
Publications118 found, 100 shown here
- Transcriptional regulation of human and mouse organic anion transporter 1 by hepatocyte nuclear factor 1 alpha/betaTakami Saji
Department of Molecular Pharmacokinetics, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 324:784-90. 2008..that the expression of Oat1 was markedly reduced in the kidneys of hepatocyte nuclear factor 1alpha (Hnf1alpha)-null mice...
- Bone morphogenetic protein 3 controls insulin gene expression and is down-regulated in INS-1 cells inducibly expressing a hepatocyte nuclear factor 1A-maturity-onset diabetes of the young mutationCaroline Bonner
Department of Physiology and Medical Physics, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Dublin 2, Ireland
J Biol Chem 286:25719-28. 2011Inactivating mutations in the transcription factor hepatocyte nuclear factor (HNF) 1A cause HNF1A-maturity-onset diabetes of the young (HNF1A-MODY), the most common monogenic form of diabetes...
- The HNF-1 target collectrin controls insulin exocytosis by SNARE complex formationKenji Fukui
Department of Metabolic Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Suita Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Cell Metab 2:373-84. 2005..Therefore, collectrin is a regulator of SNARE complex function, which thereby controls insulin exocytosis...
- MFH-1, a new member of the fork head domain family, is expressed in developing mesenchymeN Miura
Institute for Molecular and Cellular Biology, Osaka University, Yamada oka, Japan
FEBS Lett 326:171-6. 1993..Our results suggest that MFH-1 might be involved in the formation of special mesenchymal tissues...
- Hepatocyte nuclear factor 1 alpha controls renal expression of the Npt1-Npt4 anionic transporter locusClaire Cheret
Unité Expression Génétique et Maladies, Unité de Recherche Associée 1644 du Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique CNRS, Departement de Biologie du Developpement, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
J Mol Biol 322:929-41. 2002b>Hepatocyte nuclear factor 1 alpha (HNF1alpha) is a transcription factor that is expressed in liver, pancreas, kidney and intestine...
- A nutrient-sensitive interaction between Sirt1 and HNF-1α regulates Crp expressionAndrew A Grimm
Department of Developmental Biology Department of Genetics, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 South Euclid Avenue, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Aging Cell 10:305-17. 2011..These findings reveal a novel nutrient-dependent interaction between Sirt1 and HNF-1α and provide important insight into the molecular mechanism by which Sirt1 mediates the anti-aging effects of diet restriction...
- Extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1 (ERK1) and ERK2 play essential roles in osteoblast differentiation and in supporting osteoclastogenesisTakehiko Matsushita
Department of Orthopaedics, Case Western Reserve University, 2109 Adelbert Road, BRB 329, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:5843-57. 2009..Thus, our results indicate that ERK1 and ERK2 not only play essential roles in the lineage specification of osteo-chondroprogenitor cells but also support osteoclast formation in vivo...
- HNF-1 alpha and HNF-1 beta (vHNF-1) share dimerization and homeo domains, but not activation domains, and form heterodimers in vitroD B Mendel
Beckman Center for Molecular and Genetic Medicine, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Stanford University Medical School, California 94305
Genes Dev 5:1042-56. 1991..These studies define a pair of homeo domain proteins that have the potential to interact to produce an embryologically complex pattern of gene expression...
- Mouse P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1: molecular cloning, chromosomal localization, and expression of a functional P-selectin receptorJ Yang
Center for Hemostasis and Thrombosis Research, Division of Hematology Oncology, New England Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
Blood 87:4176-86. 1996..PSGL-1 on mouse myeloid cells is critical for high-affinity binding to P-selectin but not E-selectin...
- Maturity-onset diabetes of the young due to a mutation in the hepatocyte nuclear factor-4 alpha binding site in the promoter of the hepatocyte nuclear factor-1 alpha geneC Gragnoli
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Chicago, Illinois, USA
Diabetes 46:1648-51. 1997..Moreover, it indicates that both the promoter and coding regions of the HNF-1 alpha gene should be screened for mutations in subjects thought to have MODY because of mutations in this gene...
- Hepatocyte nuclear factor-1 acts as an accessory factor to enhance the inhibitory action of insulin on mouse glucose-6-phosphatase gene transcriptionR S Streeper
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Vanderbilt University Medical School, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:9208-13. 1998..The potential role of G6Pase overexpression in the pathophysiology of MODY3 and 5, rare forms of diabetes caused by hepatocyte nuclear factor-1 mutations, is discussed...
- Neurogenin3 and hepatic nuclear factor 1 cooperate in activating pancreatic expression of Pax4Stuart B Smith
Diabetes Center, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Biol Chem 278:38254-9. 2003..In the current study we demonstrate that the HNF1alpha and Neurogenin3 binding sites are critical for activity of the region through synergy between the two proteins...
- Clinical application of 1,5-anhydroglucitol measurements in patients with hepatocyte nuclear factor-1alpha maturity-onset diabetes of the youngJan Skupien
1Department of Metabolic Diseases, Jagiellonian University, Medical College, Krakow, Poland
Diabetes Care 31:1496-501. 2008..In addition, we aimed to evaluate this particle as a biomarker for HNF-1alpha MODY...
- Mitochondrial dysfunction contributes to impaired insulin secretion in INS-1 cells with dominant-negative mutations of HNF-1alpha and in HNF-1alpha-deficient isletsRebecca L Pongratz
Department of Internal Medicine, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
J Biol Chem 284:16808-21. 2009....
- Expression patterns of vHNF1 and HNF1 homeoproteins in early postimplantation embryos suggest distinct and sequential developmental rolesS Cereghini
Unité de Génétique de la Différenciation, UA 1149 du CNRS, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Development 116:783-97. 1992The homeoproteins HNF1 (LFB1/HNF1-A) and vHNF1 (LFB3/HNF1 beta) interact with an essential control element of a group of liver-specific genes...
- Hepatic nuclear factor 1 (HNF1) shows a wider distribution than products of its known target genes in developing mouseM Blumenfeld
UA 1149 du CNRS, Departement des Biotechnologies, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Development 113:589-99. 1991Hepatic nuclear factor 1 (HNF1) is a highly diverged homeoprotein that is crucial for transcription of many liver-specific genes including albumin...
- Hepatocyte nuclear factor 1 inactivation results in hepatic dysfunction, phenylketonuria, and renal Fanconi syndromeM Pontoglio
Unite des Virus Oncogenes, Departement des Biotechnologies, InstitutPasteur, Paris, France
Cell 84:575-85. 1996b>HNF1 is a transcriptional activator of many hepatic genes including albumin, alpha1-antitrypsin, and alpha- and beta-fibrinogen. It is related to the homeobox gene family and is predominantly expressed in liver and kidney...
- Mutations in the hepatocyte nuclear factor-1alpha gene in maturity-onset diabetes of the young (MODY3)K Yamagata
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, The University of Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Nature 384:455-8. 1996..have mutations in the gene encoding hepatocyte nuclear factor-1alpha (HNF-1alpha, which is encoded by the gene TCF1)...
- Laron dwarfism and non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus in the Hnf-1alpha knockout mouseY H Lee
Laboratory of Metabolism, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Mol Cell Biol 18:3059-68. 1998Mice deficient in hepatocyte nuclear factor 1 alpha (HNF-1alpha) were produced by use of the Cre-loxP recombination system...
- Defective insulin secretion in hepatocyte nuclear factor 1alpha-deficient miceM Pontoglio
Department des Biotechnologies, Unité de Recherche Associée 1644 du Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Institut Pasteur, 75015 Paris, France
J Clin Invest 101:2215-22. 1998..These results provide further evidence in support of a key role for HNF-1alpha in the maintenance of normal beta cell function...
- Defective pancreatic beta-cell glycolytic signaling in hepatocyte nuclear factor-1alpha-deficient miceI D Dukes
Department of Molecular Endocrinology, Glaxo Wellcome Research Institute, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
J Biol Chem 273:24457-64. 1998..We conclude that hepatocyte nuclear factor-1alpha diabetes results from defective beta-cell glycolytic signaling, which is potentially correctable using substrates that bypass the defect...
- Wnt3a-/--like phenotype and limb deficiency in Lef1(-/-)Tcf1(-/-) miceJ Galceran
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Departments of Microbiology and Biochemistry, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Genes Dev 13:709-17. 1999..However, targeted gene inactivations of Lef1, Tcf1, or Tcf4 in the mouse do not produce phenotypes that mimic any known Wnt mutation...
- A molecular link between the common phenotypes of type 1 glycogen storage disease and HNF1alpha-null miceH Hiraiwa
Heritable Disorders Branch, NICHD, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 276:7963-7. 2001..g. growth retardation, hepatomegaly, hyperlipidemia, and renal dysfunction) are shared by Hnf1alpha(-/-) mice deficient of a transcriptional activator, hepatocyte nuclear factor 1alpha (HNF1alpha)...
- HNF1alpha controls renal glucose reabsorption in mouse and manM Pontoglio
Unite des Virus Oncogenes, URA 1644 CNRS, Departement des Biotechnologies, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
EMBO Rep 1:359-65. 2000Recently it has been shown that dominant mutations in the human hepatocyte nuclear factor 1alpha (HNF1alpha) gene, encoding for a homeoprotein that is expressed in liver, kidney, pancreas and intestine, result in maturity onset diabetes ..
- Hepatocyte nuclear factor-1alpha is an essential regulator of bile acid and plasma cholesterol metabolismD Q Shih
Laboratorie of Metabolic Diseases, The Rockefeller University, New York, New York, USA
Nat Genet 27:375-82. 2001..of the young type 3 (MODY3) is caused by haploinsufficiency of hepatocyte nuclear factor-1alpha (encoded by TCF1). Tcf1-/- mice have type 2 diabetes, dwarfism, renal Fanconi syndrome, hepatic dysfunction and hypercholestrolemia...
- Loss of HNF-1alpha function in mice leads to abnormal expression of genes involved in pancreatic islet development and metabolismD Q Shih
Laboratory of Metabolic Diseases, The Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Diabetes 50:2472-80. 2001..Our results indicate that loss of Hnf-1alpha function leads to altered expression of genes involved in glucose-stimulated insulin secretion, insulin synthesis, and beta-cell differentiation...
- Profound defects in pancreatic beta-cell function in mice with combined heterozygous mutations in Pdx-1, Hnf-1alpha, and Hnf-3betaDavid Q Shih
Laboratory of Metabolic Diseases, The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:3818-23. 2002..These studies also established polygenic mouse models for investigating the mechanisms contributing to beta-cell dysfunction in diabetes...
- Hepatocyte nuclear factor-1 alpha, GATA-4, and caudal related homeodomain protein Cdx2 interact functionally to modulate intestinal gene transcription. Implication for the developmental regulation of the sucrase-isomaltase geneFrancois Boudreau
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 277:31909-17. 2002..These findings imply a combinatory role of HNF-1 alpha, Cdx2, and GATA-4 for the time- and position-dependent regulation of SI transcription during development...
- Hnf6 and Tcf2 (MODY5) are linked in a gene network operating in a precursor cell domain of the embryonic pancreasMiguel A Maestro
Endocrinology, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, Barcelona, Spain
Hum Mol Genet 12:3307-14. 2003..These findings define a precursor cellular stage of the embryonic pancreas and place Hnf1beta in a genetic hierarchy that regulates the generation of pancreatic endocrine cells...
- Hindgut defects and transformation of the gastro-intestinal tract in Tcf4(-/-)/Tcf1(-/-) embryosAlex Gregorieff
Netherlands Institute for Developmental Biology and Center for Biomedical Genetics, Hubrecht Laboratory, Uppsalalaan, CT Utrecht, The Netherlands
EMBO J 23:1825-33. 2004..To gain new insight into the role of T-cell factors (or Tcf's) during development, we analysed Tcf4 and Tcf1 compound null embryos. These mutants showed severe caudal truncations, as well as duplications of the neural tube...
- Selective deletion of the Hnf1beta (MODY5) gene in beta-cells leads to altered gene expression and defective insulin releaseLi Wang
Pediatric Endocrine Unit, MassGeneral Hospital for Children, Boston, Massachusetts 02114 2696, USA
Endocrinology 145:3941-9. 2004Hepatocyte nuclear factor 1alpha (HNF1alpha) and HNF1beta (or vHNF1) are closely related transcription factors expressed in liver, kidney, gut, and pancreatic beta-cells. Many HNF1 target genes are involved in carbohydrate metabolism...
- Hepatocyte nuclear factor-1alpha is required for expression but dispensable for histone acetylation of the lactase-phlorizin hydrolase gene in vivoTjalling Bosse
Department of Medicine, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 290:G1016-24. 2006..markers and putative HNF-1alpha targets lactase-phlorizin hydrolase (LPH) and sucrase-isomaltase (SI) in hnf1alpha null mice...
- Plasticity and expanding complexity of the hepatic transcription factor network during liver developmentIrene Kyrmizi
Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Foundation for Research and Technology, Hellas, 711 10 Herakleion, Crete, Greece
Genes Dev 20:2293-305. 2006..The results illustrate the remarkable flexibility of a self-sustaining transcription factor network, built up by complex dominant and redundant regulatory motifs in developing hepatocytes...
- Targeted deficiency of the transcriptional activator Hnf1alpha alters subnuclear positioning of its genomic targetsReini F Luco
Genomic Programming of Beta Cells Laboratory, Institut d Investigacions August Pi i Sunyer, Barcelona, Spain
PLoS Genet 4:e1000079. 2008..This was carried out with primary beta-cells and hepatocytes freshly isolated from mice lacking Hnf1alpha, an activator encoded by the most frequently mutated gene in human monogenic diabetes (MODY3)...
- Hepatocyte nuclear factor 1alpha and beta control terminal differentiation and cell fate commitment in the gut epitheliumAnna D'Angelo
Expression Génique, Développement et Maladies Equipe 26 INSERM U567 CNRS UMR 8104 Université Paris Descartes Institut Cochin Dpt Génétique et Développement, 75014 Paris, France
Development 137:1573-82. 2010..b>Hnf1alpha and beta are closely related atypical homeoprotein transcription factors expressed in several epithelia, ..
- Hnf1α (MODY3) regulates β-cell-enriched MafA transcription factor expressionChad S Hunter
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Mol Endocrinol 25:339-47. 2011..Here, we describe that MafA expression is controlled by hepatocyte nuclear factor 1-α (Hnf1α), the transcription factor gene mutated in the most common monoallelic form of maturity ..
- A critical role for TCF-1 in T-lineage specification and differentiationBrittany Nicole Weber
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Nature 476:63-8. 2011..Our data suggest a model where Notch signals induce TCF-1, and TCF-1 in turn imprints the T-cell fate by upregulating expression of T-cell essential genes...
- The nuclear effector of Wnt-signaling, Tcf1, functions as a T-cell-specific tumor suppressor for development of lymphomasMachteld M Tiemessen
Department of Immunohematology and Blood Transfusion, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
PLoS Biol 10:e1001430. 2012The HMG-box factor Tcf1 is required during T-cell development in the thymus and mediates the nuclear response to Wnt signals...
- Hepatic nuclear factor 1-alpha directs nucleosomal hyperacetylation to its tissue-specific transcriptional targetsM Parrizas
Endocrinology and Hormonal Biochemistry Units, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, Barcelona, Spain 08036
Mol Cell Biol 21:3234-43. 2001Mutations in the gene encoding hepatic nuclear factor 1-alpha (HNF1-alpha) cause a subtype of human diabetes resulting from selective pancreatic beta-cell dysfunction...
- Common variants in HNF-1 alpha and risk of type 2 diabetesJ Holmkvist
Department of Clinical Sciences, Diabetes and Endocrinology, Clinical Research Center, Malmo University Hospital, Lund University, S 205 02, Malmo, Sweden
Diabetologia 49:2882-91. 2006Mutations in the hepatocyte nuclear factor 1-alpha gene (HNF-1alpha, now known as the transcription factor 1 gene [TCF1]) cause the most common monogenic form of diabetes, MODY3, but it is not known if common variants in HNF-1a are ..
- Molecular cloning, functional expression, and chromosomal localization of mouse hepatocyte nuclear factor 1C J Kuo
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Stanford University School of Medicine, CA 94305 5428
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 87:9838-42. 1990The homeodomain-containing transcription factor hepatocyte nuclear factor 1 (HNF-1) most likely plays an essential role during liver organogenesis by transactivating a family of greater than 15 predominantly hepatic genes...
- Expression of murine cyclin B1 mRNAs and genetic mapping of related genomic sequencesJ Hanley-Hyde
Laboratory of Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Genomics 13:1018-30. 1992..Cycb1-rs6 (on chromosome 13) is discussed as the most likely candidate for an expressed structural gene locus...
- HNF-1 alpha and HNF-1 beta expression in mouse intestinal cryptsM S Serfas
Department of Genetics, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago 60612
Am J Physiol 265:G506-13. 1993..Although HNF-1 is necessary for transcription of the AFP gene, other factors must be involved in eliciting the cell type-specific pattern of AFP expression in the intestine...
- Complex genetic control of HDL levels in mice in response to an atherogenic diet. Coordinate regulation of HDL levels and bile acid metabolismD Machleder
Department of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles 90095, USA
J Clin Invest 99:1406-19. 1997..Furthermore, we observed that two of the loci for C7AH expression contributed to differences in gallstone formation between these strains...
- Newly identified paralogous groups on mouse chromosomes 5 and 11 reveal the age of a T-box cluster duplicationI Ruvinsky
Lewis Thomas Laboratory, Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, New Jersey 08544 1014, USA
Genomics 40:262-6. 1997..This work facilitates our understanding of the status of the T-box gene family in different vertebrate lineages and also defines a novel paralogy group within the mouse genome...
- The tumor suppressor gene Smad4/Dpc4 is required for gastrulation and later for anterior development of the mouse embryoC Sirard
Amgen Institute, Toronto, Ontario M5G 2C1, Canada
Genes Dev 12:107-19. 1998..Rescued embryos show severe anterior truncations, indicating a second important role for Smad4 in anterior patterning during embryogenesis...
- Inactivation of the winged helix transcription factor HNF3alpha affects glucose homeostasis and islet glucagon gene expression in vivoK H Kaestner
Department of Genetics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6145, USA
Genes Dev 13:495-504. 1999..We also showed that HNF3alpha could bind to and transactivate the proglucagon gene promoter. These observations invoke a central role for HNF3alpha in the regulatory control of islet genes essential for glucose homeostasis in vivo...
- Renal tubular cells cultured from genetically modified animalsG Friedlander
INSERM U 426 and Department of Physiology, Faculte de Medecine Xavier Bichat, Universite Denis Diderot, Paris, France
Exp Nephrol 7:407-12. 1999..These observations illustrate the interest and limits of the in vitro models for studying renal function in transgenic animals...
- Hippocampus development and generation of dentate gyrus granule cells is regulated by LEF1J Galceran
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Microbiology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Development 127:469-82. 2000..Thus, LEF1 regulates the generation of dentate gyrus granule cells, and together with other LEF1/TCF proteins, the development of the hippocampus...
- Hepatocyte nuclear factor 3beta (Foxa2) is dispensable for maintaining the differentiated state of the adult hepatocyteN J Sund
Department of Genetics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6145, USA
Mol Cell Biol 20:5175-83. 2000..This is the first example of such functional dichotomy for a tissue specification transcription factor...
- Homeobox gene Hex is essential for onset of mouse embryonic liver development and differentiation of the monocyte lineageV W Keng
Graduate School of Bioagricultural Sciences, Chikusa ku, Nagoya, 464 8601, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 276:1155-61. 2000..factors involved in hepatocyte differentiation, hepatocyte nuclear factor (Hnf)3beta, Hnf6, Hnf4alpha and Hnf1alpha, were restricted to the capsule and internal matrix-like structure in the mutant liver and expression of a ..
- Overexpression of dominant-negative mutant hepatocyte nuclear fctor-1 alpha in pancreatic beta-cells causes abnormal islet architecture with decreased expression of E-cadherin, reduced beta-cell proliferation, and diabetesKazuya Yamagata
Department of Internal Medicine and Molecular Science, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Diabetes 51:114-23. 2002..Our findings suggest various roles for HNF-1 alpha in normal glucose metabolism, including the regulation of glucose transport, beta-cell growth, and beta-cell-to-beta-cell communication...
- Expression profile of MODY3/HNF-1alpha protein in the developing mouse pancreasT Nammo
Department of Internal Medicine and Molecular Science, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Japan
Diabetologia 45:1142-53. 2002..The pattern of HNF-1alpha expression in the normal pancreas has not been determined. This study aimed to clarify the profile of HNF-1alpha protein expression in the developing mouse pancreas...
- Hepatic expression of cytochrome P450s in hepatocyte nuclear factor 1-alpha (HNF1alpha)-deficient miceConnie Cheung
Laboratory of Metabolism, National Institutes of Health, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 66:2011-20. 2003b>Hepatocyte nuclear factor 1 alpha (HNF1alpha) is a liver enriched homeodomain-containing transcription factor that has been shown to transactivate the promoters of several cytochrome P450 (CYP) genes, including CYP2E1, CYP1A2, CYP7A1, ..
- Tmem27: a cleaved and shed plasma membrane protein that stimulates pancreatic beta cell proliferationPinar Akpinar
Laboratory of Metabolic Diseases, The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, New York 10021, USA
Cell Metab 2:385-97. 2005..Expression of Tmem27 is reduced in Tcf1(-/-) mice and is increased in islets of mouse models with hypertrophy of the endocrine pancreas...
- Wnt3a regulates Lef-1 expression during airway submucosal gland morphogenesisRyan R Driskell
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Dev Biol 305:90-102. 2007..early phases of SMG development and immunolocalization studies confirmed abundant expression of Tcf4, but not Tcf1 or Tcf3, at this stage...
- Regulation of tissue-specific expression of the human and mouse urate transporter 1 gene by hepatocyte nuclear factor 1 alpha/beta and DNA methylationRyota Kikuchi
Department of Molecular Pharmacokinetics, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Mol Pharmacol 72:1619-25. 2007..b>Hepatocyte nuclear factor 1 alpha (HNF1alpha) and HNF1beta positively regulate minimal promoter activity of the URAT1 gene as shown by ..
- Essential and overlapping functions for mammalian Argonautes in microRNA silencingHong Su
Department of Biochemistry, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois 60208, USA
Genes Dev 23:304-17. 2009..Thus, our results demonstrate that mammalian Agos all contribute to miRNA silencing, and individual Agos have largely overlapping functions in this process...
- Hepatocyte nuclear factor 4 alpha is related to survival of the condensed mesenchyme in the developing mouse kidneyTomonori Kanazawa
Laboratory of Anatomy, Graduate School of Veterinary Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo 060 0818, Japan
Dev Dyn 239:1145-54. 2010..These results suggest the possibility that Hnf4alpha plays an important role in the regulation of the cell survival at the CM stage in nephrogenesis...
- Alterations of epigenetic signatures in hepatocyte nuclear factor 4α deficient mouse liver determined by improved ChIP-qPCR and (h)MeDIP-qPCR assaysQinghao Zhang
Department of Pharmacology, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e84925. 2014..The underlying mechanism may be the induction of epigenetic enzymes responsible for the addition/removal of the epigenetic signatures, and/or the loss of HNF4α per se as a key coordinator for epigenetic modifiers. ..
- TCF-1 and LEF-1 act upstream of Th-POK to promote the CD4(+) T cell fate and interact with Runx3 to silence Cd4 in CD8(+) T cellsFarrah C Steinke
1 Department of Microbiology, Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA 2 Interdisciplinary Immunology Graduate Program, Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA 3
Nat Immunol 15:646-56. 2014..Instead, TCF-1 physically interacted with Runx3 to cooperatively silence Cd4. Thus, TCF-1 and LEF-1 adopted distinct genetic 'wiring' to promote the CD4(+) T cell fate and establish CD8(+) T cell identity...
- Reduction of circulating PCSK9 and LDL-C levels by liver-specific knockdown of HNF1α in normolipidemic miceVikram Ravindra Shende
Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA 94304 Department of Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305
J Lipid Res 56:801-9. 2015The transcription factors hepatic nuclear factor (HNF)1α and HNF1β can bind to the HNF1 site on the proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 9 (PCSK9) promoter to activate transcription in HepG2 cells...
- Hepatocyte Nuclear Factor 1A Is a Cell-Intrinsic Transcription Factor Required for B Cell Differentiation and Development in MiceKarin von Wnuck Lipinski
Institute for Pathophysiology, West German Heart and Vascular Center, University Hospital Essen, 45122 Essen, Germany
J Immunol 196:1655-65. 2016..In humans, HNF1A mutations cause maturity onset of diabetes in the young type 3, whereas murine HNF6 participates in fetal liver B ..
- Sp5 and Sp8 recruit β-catenin and Tcf1-Lef1 to select enhancers to activate Wnt target gene transcriptionMark W Kennedy
Cancer and Developmental Biology Laboratory, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute Frederick, National Institutes of Health, Frederick, MD
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 113:3545-50. 2016..Because Sp5 is itself directly activated by Wnt signals, we propose that Sp5 is a Wnt/β-catenin pathway-specific transcript on factor that functions in a feed-forward loop to robustly activate select Wnt target genes...
- Transcriptional regulation of N-acetylglutamate synthaseSandra Kirsch Heibel
Center for Genetic Medicine Research, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e29527. 2012..This provides molecular mechanism of regulation of ureagenesis in response to hormonal and dietary changes...
- Cohesin regulates tissue-specific expression by stabilizing highly occupied cis-regulatory modulesAndre J Faure
European Bioinformatics Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SD, United Kingdom
Genome Res 22:2163-75. 2012..Finally, we observe that the presence of mirrored CTCF binding events at promoters and their nearby cohesin-bound enhancers is associated with elevated expression levels...
- Identification of hepatocyte growth factor activator (Hgfac) gene as a target of HNF1α in mouse β-cellsTsuyoshi Ohki
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Faculty of Life Sciences, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 425:619-24. 2012b>HNF1α is a transcription factor that is expressed in pancreatic β-cells and mutations of the HNF1α gene cause a form of monogenic diabetes...
- vHNF1 is expressed in epithelial cells of distinct embryonic origin during development and precedes HNF1 expressionM O Ott
Departement de Biologie Moleculaire, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Mech Dev 36:47-58. 1991b>HNF1 (Hepatic Nuclear Factor 1) and vHNF1 are transcriptional regulators containing a highly divergent homeodomain...
- Abnormal gene expression and regulation in the liver of jvs mice with systemic carnitine deficiencyM Tomomura
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Kagoshima University, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1226:307-14. 1994..We suggest that elevated AP-1 binding induced by carnitine deficiency is closely connected with the abnormal gene expression in the liver...
- Immunological characterization of hepatocyte nuclear factor 1 protein: appearance of hepatocyte nuclear factor 1 protein in developing mouse embryosN Miura
Institute for Molecular and Cellular Biology, Osaka University, Japan
Eur J Cell Biol 60:376-82. 1993
- Mouse mutant embryos lacking huntingtin are rescued from lethality by wild-type extraembryonic tissuesI Dragatsis
Department of Genetics, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Development 125:1529-39. 1998....
- Reduction in transforming growth factor-beta type II receptor in mouse lung carcinogenesisS B Jakowlew
Department of Cell and Cancer Biology, Medicine Branch, National Cancer Institute, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
Mol Carcinog 22:46-56. 1998..These data suggest that a decrease in expression of TGF-beta RII may contribute to autonomous cell growth and may play an important role in mouse lung carcinogenesis induced by urethane...
- Functions of c-Jun in liver and heart developmentR Eferl
Department of Pathology, University of Graz, A 8036 Graz, Austria
J Cell Biol 145:1049-61. 1999..cells and hepatoblasts, whereas the expression of 15 mRNAs, including those of albumin, keratin 18, hepatocyte nuclear factor 1, beta-globin, and erythropoietin, some of which are putative AP-1 target genes, is not affected...
- The role of HNF-1alpha in controlling hepatic catalase activityV Muppala
Institute of Molecular Biology, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
Mol Pharmacol 57:93-100. 2000..Furthermore, our results of cell transfection and luciferase reporter assay indicated that the mouse ferrochelatase promoter could be trans-activated directly by HNF-1alpha...
- BMP type II receptor is required for gastrulation and early development of mouse embryosH Beppu
Department of Biochemistry, The Cancer Institute of the Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, Research for the Future Program, Japan Society for the Promotion of Science, 1 37 1 Kami Ikebukuro, Toshima ku, Tokyo, 170 8455, Japan
Dev Biol 221:249-58. 2000..Our results suggest that the function of BMPR-II is essential for epiblast differentiation and mesoderm induction during early mouse development...
- Regulation of the liver fatty acid-binding protein gene by hepatocyte nuclear factor 1alpha (HNF1alpha). Alterations in fatty acid homeostasis in HNF1alpha-deficient miceT E Akiyama
Laboratory of Metabolism, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 275:27117-22. 2000Hepatocyte nuclear factor 1alpha (HNF1alpha)-null mice have enlarged fatty livers and alterations in the expression of genes encoding enzymes involved in the synthesis, catabolism, and transport of fatty acids...
- Liver-specific reactivation of the inactivated Hnf-1alpha gene: elimination of liver dysfunction to establish a mouse MODY3 modelYing Hue Lee
Laboratory of Molecular Pathology, Institute of Molecular Biology, Academia Sinica, Taipei 115, Taiwan
Mol Cell Biol 23:923-32. 2003Mice deficient in hepatocyte nuclear factor 1 alpha (HNF-1alpha) develop dwarfism, liver dysfunction, and type 2 diabetes mellitus. Liver dysfunction in HNF-1alpha-null mice includes severe hepatic glycogen accumulation and dyslipidemia...
- Mutation of hepatocyte nuclear factor-1beta inhibits Pkhd1 gene expression and produces renal cysts in miceThomas Hiesberger
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
J Clin Invest 113:814-25. 2004..HNF-1beta directly regulates the transcription of Pkhd1, and inhibition of PKHD1 gene expression may contribute to the formation of renal cysts in humans with MODY5...
- Expression of the alpha7 isoform of hepatocyte nuclear factor (HNF) 4 is activated by HNF6/OC-2 and HNF1 and repressed by HNF4alpha1 in the liverNadege Briancon
Unité de Génétique de la Différenciation, URA 2578 du CNRS, Departement de Biologie du Developpement, Institut Pasteur, Paris Cedex 15 75724, France
J Biol Chem 279:33398-408. 2004..DNase I-hypersensitive site associated with P2 activity that is still retained in adult liver, contains functional HNF1 and HNF6 binding sites and confers full promoter activity in transient transfections...
- Hepatocyte nuclear factors 1alpha and 4alpha control expression of proline oxidase in adult liverAkihide Kamiya
Laboratory of Metabolism, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bldg 37, Rm 3106B1, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
FEBS Lett 578:63-8. 2004Adult liver functions are regulated by several hepatocyte nuclear factors (HNFs). HNF4alpha and HNF1alpha are involved in metabolic functions in the liver...
- Canonical Wnt signaling in differentiated osteoblasts controls osteoclast differentiationDonald A Glass
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Bone Disease Program of Texas, Houston, 77030, USA
Dev Cell 8:751-64. 2005....
- Alpha/beta interferon differentially modulates the clearance of cytoplasmic encapsidated replication intermediates and nuclear covalently closed circular hepatitis B virus (HBV) DNA from the livers of hepatocyte nuclear factor 1alpha-null HBV transgenic mAimee L Anderson
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Virol 79:11045-52. 2005..address this issue, the stability of HBV CCC DNA in response to alpha/beta interferon induction was examined in HNF1alpha-null HBV transgenic mice...
- Fascin, a novel target of beta-catenin-TCF signaling, is expressed at the invasive front of human colon cancerDanijela Vignjevic
UMR 144 Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique and Department of Pathology, Institut Curie, 25 rue d Ulm, 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
Cancer Res 67:6844-53. 2007..We propose that genes involved in cell migration and invasion, such as fascin1, could serve as novel targets for metastasis prevention...
- Distinct roles of HNF1beta, HNF1alpha, and HNF4alpha in regulating pancreas development, beta-cell function and growthMiguel Angel Maestro
Genomic Programming of Beta Cells Laboratory, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, Endocrinology, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Endocr Dev 12:33-45. 2007Mutations in the genes encoding transcriptional regulators HNF1beta (TCF2), HNF1alpha (TCF1), and HNF4alpha cause autosomal dominant diabetes (also known as maturity-onset diabetes of the young)...
- Expression of HNF-4alpha (MODY1), HNF-1beta (MODY5), and HNF-1alpha (MODY3) proteins in the developing mouse pancreasTakao Nammo
Department of Metabolic Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, B5, Osaka University, 2 2 Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Gene Expr Patterns 8:96-106. 2008..These results indicate that the expression of MODY proteins in each of the pancreatic cell types is strictly regulated in accordance with the status of differentiation during pancreatic organogenesis...
- Wt1 and retinoic acid signaling are essential for stellate cell development and liver morphogenesisA IJpenberg
MRC Human Genetics Unit, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK
Dev Biol 312:157-70. 2007..Mechanistically, at least part of this effect is mediated via the retinoic acid signaling pathway...
- Increased insulin sensitivity in mice lacking collectrin, a downstream target of HNF-1alphaSandra M Malakauskas
Department of Medicine, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Mol Endocrinol 23:881-92. 2009..5 yr of age. Our studies suggest that collectrin-deficient mice activate a number of adaptive mechanisms to defend energy homeostasis in the setting of ongoing nutrient losses...
- Hnf1alpha (MODY3) controls tissue-specific transcriptional programs and exerts opposed effects on cell growth in pancreatic islets and liverJoan Marc Servitja
Genomic Programming of Beta Cells Laboratory, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, Barcelona, Spain
Mol Cell Biol 29:2945-59. 2009Heterozygous HNF1A mutations cause pancreatic-islet beta-cell dysfunction and monogenic diabetes (MODY3). Hnf1alpha is known to regulate numerous hepatic genes, yet knowledge of its function in pancreatic islets is more limited...
- Interaction between Hhex and SOX13 modulates Wnt/TCF activityVanessa Marfil
Unitat de Biologia Cellular i Molecular, Institut Municipal d Investigacio Medica, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona 08003, Spain
J Biol Chem 285:5726-37. 2010..SOX13 is known to repress Wnt/TCF signaling by interacting with TCF1. We show that Hhex is able to block the SOX13-dependent repression of Wnt/TCF activity by displacing SOX13 from the ..
- Genome-wide analysis of epigenetic signatures for kidney-specific transportersRyota Kikuchi
Department of Molecular Pharmacokinetics, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Kidney Int 78:569-77. 2010..This process is thought to influence the ability of hepatocyte nuclear factor 1 (HNF1) to transactivate organic anion transporter expression in the liver and kidney...
- Loss of hepatocyte-nuclear-factor-1alpha impacts on adult mouse intestinal epithelial cell growth and cell lineages differentiationCarine R Lussier
Département d Anatomie et Biologie Cellulaire, Faculte de Medecine et des Sciences de la Sante, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
PLoS ONE 5:e12378. 2010Although Hnf1alpha is crucial for pancreas and liver functions, it is believed to play a limited functional role for intestinal epithelial functions...
- Metabolomics identifies novel Hnf1alpha-dependent physiological pathways in vivoJessica A Bonzo
Laboratory of Metabolism, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Mol Endocrinol 24:2343-55. 2010..type 3 patients, these mice also suffer from Laron dwarfism and aminoaciduria, suggesting a role for hepatocyte nuclear factor 1α (Hnf1α) in pathophysiologies distinct from non-insulin-dependent (type 2) diabetes mellitus...
- Cell cycle-related kinase is a direct androgen receptor-regulated gene that drives β-catenin/T cell factor-dependent hepatocarcinogenesisHai Feng
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
J Clin Invest 121:3159-75. 2011..Our results reveal a direct AR transcriptional target, CCRK, that promotes hepatocarcinogenesis through the upregulation of β-catenin/TCF signaling...
- The ubiquitous transactivator Zfp-38 is upregulated during spermatogenesis with differential transcriptionK Chowdhury
Max Planck Institute of Biophysical Chemistry, Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Gottingen, FRG
Mech Dev 39:129-42. 1992..The presence of both a transcriptional activating domain and 7 DNA binding zinc fingers, coupled with the cell type(s) specific expression pattern, suggests that Zfp-38 has the potential to regulate transcription during spermatogenesis...
- Chromosomal localization in man and rat of the genes encoding the liver-enriched transcription factors C/EBP, DBP, and HNF1/LFB-1 (CEBP, DBP, and transcription factor 1, TCF1, respectively) and of the hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor gene (HGF)C Szpirer
Departement de Biologie Moleculaire, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Rhode St Genese, Belgium
Genomics 13:293-300. 1992..binding protein), DBP (D site of albumin promoter binding protein), and HNF1/LFB-1 (designated transcription factor 1, gene symbol: TCF1), and of the hepatocyte growth factor gene, which is identical to the mitogenic and ..
- Cloning of human hepatic nuclear factor 1 (HNF1) and chromosomal localization of its gene in man and mouseI Bach
UA 041149 du CNRS, Departement de Biologie Moleculaire, Paris, France
Genomics 8:155-64. 1990b>HNF1 is a transcription factor that is required for hepatocyte-specific expression of several genes, including albumin and fibrinogen...
- Decreased Hnf-1 gene expression in mice homozygous for a 1.2-centiMorgan deletion on chromosome 7F J Gonzalez
Laboratory of Molecular Carcinogenesis, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892
DNA Cell Biol 9:771-6. 1990..These data suggest that the deleted region of chromosome 7 contains a gene encoding a trans-acting factor which is upstream (epistatic) in the regulatory cascade that includes Hnf-1 gene expression...
- The epimorphin gene is highly conserved among humans, mice, and rats and maps to human chromosome 7, mouse chromosome 5, and rat chromosome 12H Zha
Arthritis and Rheumatism Branch, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Genomics 37:386-9. 1996..The mouse and human homologs of this gene were localized on mouse chromosome 5 and human chromosome 7 by linkage analysis and chromosomal in situ hybridization, respectively...
- Transcriptional regulation of liver developmentS A Duncan
Department of Cell Biology, Neurobiology and Anatomy, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
Dev Dyn 219:131-42. 2000..The picture that emerges is that specific transcription factors use novel mechanisms to orchestrate changes in gene expression patterns that ultimately direct cell differentiation...
- The onecut transcription factor HNF6 is required for normal development of the biliary tractFrederic Clotman
Hormone and Metabolic Research Unit, Institute of Cellular Pathology and Université catholique de Louvain, Avenue Hippocrate 75, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Development 129:1819-28. 2002..We conclude that HNF6 is essential for differentiation and morphogenesis of the biliary tract and that intrahepatic bile duct development is controlled by a HNF6-->HNF1beta cascade...
- Hyperphenylalaninemia and impaired glucose tolerance in mice lacking the bifunctional DCoH geneJ Henri Bayle
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and the Department Pathology, Beckman Center for Molecular and Genetic Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Biol Chem 277:28884-91. 2002..Mutations of the HNF1alpha gene underlie maturity onset diabetes of the young (MODY3) in humans...
- FUNCTION OF A GROWTH INDUCED GENE IN LIVER REGENERATIONKLAUS KAESTNER; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Expression profiling of human isletsKLAUS KAESTNER; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Development of C57BL/6 ES cell technology for high thoughput use.KLAUS KAESTNER; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FUNCTIONAL GENOMICS OF THE BETA-CELLKLAUS KAESTNER; Fiscal Year: 2007..The new resources generated through this project will be made available to the NIDDK-funded biotechnology centers and the diabetes research community at large. ..
- Liver Biology, Development and DiseaseKLAUS KAESTNER; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..