Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Hgf
Description: hepatocyte growth factor
Alias: C230052L06Rik, HGF/SF, NK1, NK2, SF/HGF, hepatocyte growth factor, hepatopoietin-A, scatter factor
Publications121 found, 100 shown here
- Tumorigenicity of the met proto-oncogene and the gene for hepatocyte growth factorS Rong
ABL Basic Research Program, NCI Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Maryland 21702
Mol Cell Biol 12:5152-8. 1992The met proto-oncogene is the tyrosine kinase growth factor receptor for hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor (HGF/SF). It was previously shown that, like the oncogenic tpr-met, the mouse met proto-oncogene transforms NIH 3T3 cells...
- Functions of c-Jun in liver and heart developmentR Eferl
Department of Pathology, University of Graz, A 8036 Graz, Austria
J Cell Biol 145:1049-61. 1999....
- Hepatocyte growth factor induces delayed STAT3 phosphorylation through interleukin-6 expressionBok Soon Lee
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Ajou University Medical School, 5 Wonchon dong, Yeongtong Gu, Suwon 443 721, South Korea
Cell Signal 21:419-27. 2009Met receptor tyrosine kinase mediates pleiotropic cellular responses following its activation by hepatocyte growth factor or scatter factor (HGF/SF). STAT3 was reported to be one of direct downstream molecules in HGF/SF-Met signaling...
- Platelets Strongly Induce Hepatocyte Proliferation with IGF-1 and HGF In VitroRyota Matsuo
Department of Surgery, Advanced Biomedical Applications, Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Japan
J Surg Res 145:279-86. 2008..The present study was designed to clarify the mechanism by which platelets have a direct proliferative effect on hepatocytes in vitro...
- An essential role in liver development for transcription factor XBP-1A M Reimold
Department of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115 USA
Genes Dev 14:152-7. 2000..Therefore, XBP-1 is a transcription factor essential for hepatocyte growth...
- AP-1-controlled hepatocyte growth factor activation promotes keratinocyte migration via CEACAM1 and urokinase plasminogen activator/urokinase plasminogen receptorStephanie Schnickmann
Institute of Pathology, University Hospital of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 129:1140-8. 2009..Mesenchymal cell-derived hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) is a central regulator of this process...
- Expression of HGF and IGF-1 during regeneration of masseter muscle in mdx miceHidemitsu Honda
Department of Anatomy, Tokyo Dental College, 1 2 2 Masago, Mihama ku, Chiba City, Chiba, 261 8502, Japan
J Muscle Res Cell Motil 31:71-7. 2010This study investigated the expression of the growth factors HGF and IGF-1 during the process of muscle regeneration in mdx mice. HGF and IGF-1 are reportedly expressed during the regeneration of muscle tissue in vitro...
- Stanniocalcin 1 is an autocrine modulator of endothelial angiogenic responses to hepatocyte growth factorConstance Zlot
Department of Cardiovascular Research, Genentech Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
J Biol Chem 278:47654-9. 2003..g. tumor vasculature). In the present study, we report that STC1 is a selective modulator of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF)-induced endothelial migration and morphogenesis, but not proliferation...
- Hepatocyte growth factor acts as a motogen and guidance signal for gonadotropin hormone-releasing hormone-1 neuronal migrationPaolo Giacobini
Department of Human and Animal Biology, University of Torino, 10123 Torino, Italy
J Neurosci 27:431-45. 2007..Gradients of secreted molecules may play a role in this migratory process. In this context, hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) is a potential candidate, because it promotes cell motility in developing brain and has been shown ..
- Essential role for the c-met receptor in the migration of myogenic precursor cells into the limb budF Bladt
Max Delbruck Centrum fur Molekulare Medizin, Berlin, Germany
Nature 376:768-71. 1995..The specific ligand of the c-met protein, the motility and growth factor scatter factor/hepatocyte growth factor, is expressed in limb mesenchyme and can thus provide the signal for migration which is received by c-met...
- Scatter factor/hepatocyte growth factor is essential for liver developmentC Schmidt
Max Delbruck Laboratorium in der Max Planck Gesellschaft, Koln, Germany
Nature 373:699-702. 1995..Scatter factor/hepatocyte growth factor (SF/HGF) is the prototype of an emerging family of growth factors that resemble in their domain structure ..
- Placental defect and embryonic lethality in mice lacking hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factorY Uehara
Institute for Liver Research, Kansai Medical University, Moriguchi, Osaka, Japan
Nature 373:702-5. 1995b>Hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor (HGF/SF) functions as a mitogen, motogen and morphogen for a variety of cultured cells...
- Invasiveness and metastasis of NIH 3T3 cells induced by Met-hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor autocrine stimulationS Rong
Advanced BioScience Laboratories Basic Research Program, National Cancer Institute Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, MD 21702
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91:4731-5. 1994The met protooncogene product, Met, is the tyrosine kinase growth factor receptor for hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor (HGF/SF)...
- Structural and functional characterization of the mouse hepatocyte growth factor gene promoterY Liu
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261
J Biol Chem 269:4152-60. 1994To understand the molecular mechanisms underlying the regulation of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) gene expression and to define the DNA sequences essential for its cell-type specific and inducible expression, we have isolated and ..
- Scatter factor/hepatocyte growth factor as a regulator of skeletal muscle and neural crest developmentH Takayama
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892 4255, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:5866-71. 1996..Scatter factor/hepatocyte growth factor (SF/HGF) can stimulate motogenic and morphogenetic activities in cultured epithelial cells expressing the ..
- Expression of the met receptor tyrosine kinase in muscle progenitor cells in somites and limbs is absent in Splotch miceX M Yang
Molecular Oncology Group, Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Development 122:2163-71. 1996b>Hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor (HGF/SF) stimulates proliferation, dissociation, migration and morphogenesis of cells in culture...
- Diverse tumorigenesis associated with aberrant development in mice overexpressing hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factorH Takayama
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892 4255, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:701-6. 1997b>Hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor (HGF/SF) is a mesenchymally derived, multifunctional paracrine regulator possessing mitogenic, motogenic, and morphogenetic activities in cultured epithelial cells containing its tyrosine kinase ..
- The role of SF/HGF and c-Met in the development of skeletal muscleS Dietrich
King s College, London Bridge, London SE1 9RT, UK de
Development 126:1621-9. 1999..Previous work shows that the formation of migratory precursors requires the c-Met and SF/HGF genes...
- Hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor is a motogen for interneurons migrating from the ventral to dorsal telencephalonE M Powell
Department of Neurobiology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Neuron 30:79-89. 2001..The spatial patterns of migratory interneurons reflect the complementary expression of hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor (HGF/SF) and its receptor, MET, in the forebrain...
- Transgenic overexpression of hepatocyte growth factor in the beta-cell markedly improves islet function and islet transplant outcomes in miceA Garcia-Ocana
Division of Endocrinology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Diabetes 50:2752-62. 2001..We have developed three transgenic models in which growth factors (hepatocyte growth factor [HGF], placental lactogen, or parathyroid hormone-related protein) have been targeted to the beta-cell ..
- Generation of a mouse expressing a conditional knockout of the hepatocyte growth factor gene: demonstration of impaired liver regenerationDaniel Phaneuf
Gene Therapy Program, Division of Medical Genetics, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia 19104 4268, USA
DNA Cell Biol 23:592-603. 2004Hepatocyte growth/scatter factor (HGF/SF) is a pleiotropic cytokine originally identified as a potent mitogen for rat hepatocytes...
- Transforming growth factor-beta signaling-deficient fibroblasts enhance hepatocyte growth factor signaling in mammary carcinoma cells to promote scattering and invasionNikki Cheng
Department of Cancer Biology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232 6838, USA
Mol Cancer Res 6:1521-33. 2008..in fibroblast-epithelial cell cotransplantation studies in mice, correlating with increased expression of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF)...
- RhoA-mediated signaling up-regulates hepatocyte growth factor gene and protein expression in response to apoptotic cellsHyun Jung Park
Department of Physiology, Tissue Injury Defense Research Center, School of Medicine, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Korea
J Leukoc Biol 89:399-411. 2011Clearance of apoptotic cells by macrophages induces HGF secretion. We examined the regulatory mechanisms of HGF mRNA and protein expression in macrophages upon exposure to apoptotic cells. The interaction of RAW 264...
- Hepatocyte growth factor twenty years on: Much more than a growth factorTakahiro Nakamura
Cancer Research Institute, Kanazawa University, Kakuma machi, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 26:188-202. 2011..1980s, the method for the cultivation of mature hepatocytes provided an opportunity for the discovery of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) as a protein that is structurally and functionally different from other growth factors...
- In vivo administration of the recombinant IL-7/hepatocyte growth factor β hybrid cytokine efficiently restores thymopoiesis and naive T cell generation in lethally irradiated mice after syngeneic bone marrow transplantationJingjun Jin
Department of Immunology, School of Medicine, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
J Immunol 186:1915-22. 2011..We have identified a novel hybrid cytokine containing IL-7 and the β-chain of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) in the supernatant of cultured mouse BM stromal cells...
- Activation of HGF/c-Met signaling by ultrafine carbon particles and its contribution to alveolar type II cell proliferationChih Ching Chang
Department of Environmental and Occupational Health, Medical College, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 302:L755-63. 2012b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) is a potent mitogen and motogen for various epithelial cells...
- Loss of HGF/c-Met signaling in pancreatic β-cells leads to incomplete maternal β-cell adaptation and gestational diabetes mellitusCem Demirci
Department of Pediatrics, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Diabetes 61:1143-52. 2012b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) is a mitogen and insulinotropic agent for the β-cell. However, whether HGF/c-Met has a role in maternal β-cell adaptation during pregnancy is unknown...
- Apoptotic cell instillation after bleomycin attenuates lung injury through hepatocyte growth factor inductionYe Ji Lee
Dept of Physiology, Tissue Injury Defense Research Center, School of Medicine, Ewha Womans University, 911 1 Mok 6 dong, Yangcheon Gu, Seoul 158 056, Korea
Eur Respir J 40:424-35. 2012Apoptotic cell clearance by macrophages and neighbouring tissue cells induces hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) secretion. HGF plays a key role in alveolar epithelial regeneration and reconstruction after lung injury...
- Hepatocyte growth factor plays a key role in insulin resistance-associated compensatory mechanismsTiago G Araújo
Department of Internal Medicine, State University of Campinas, Campinas, 13081 970 São Paulo, Brazil
Endocrinology 153:5760-9. 2012..In this context, looking for candidates to be a circulating factor, we realized that hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) is a strong candidate as a link between insulin resistance and increased mass of islets/..
- Coordinated induction of cyclooxygenase-2/prostaglandin E2 and hepatocyte growth factor by apoptotic cells prevents lung fibrosisYoung So Yoon
1 Tissue Injury Defense Research Center, School of Medicine, Ewha Womans University, 911 1 Mok 6 dong, Yangcheon Ku, Seoul 158 056, Korea
J Leukoc Biol 94:1037-49. 2013Apoptotic cell instillation after bleomycin induces persistent HGF production and protects from pulmonary fibrosis, but the underlying mechanism remains unclear...
- Roles of hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor and the met receptor in the early development of the metanephrosA S Woolf
Units of Developmental Biology and Medicine, Institute of Child Health, London, United Kingdom
J Cell Biol 128:171-84. 1995Several lines of evidence suggest that hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor (HGF/SF), a soluble protein secreted by embryo fibroblasts and several fibroblast lines, may elicit morphogenesis in adjacent epithelial cells...
- Scatter factor/hepatocyte growth factor and its receptor, the c-met tyrosine kinase, can mediate a signal exchange between mesenchyme and epithelia during mouse developmentE Sonnenberg
Max Delbrück Laboratorium, Max Planck Gesellschaft, Koln, Germany
J Cell Biol 123:223-35. 1993Scatter factor/hepatocyte growth factor (SF/HGF) has potent motogenic, mitogenic, and morphogenetic activities on epithelial cells in vitro...
- Hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor induces feedback up-regulation of CD44v6 in melanoma cells through Egr-1Juan A Recio
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4264, USA
Cancer Res 63:1576-82. 2003The hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor (HGF/SF) receptor c-Met and variants of the CD44 family of surface adhesion molecules, including CD44v6, have been implicated in cancer progression and metastasis...
- HGF promotes survival and growth of maturing sympathetic neurons by PI-3 kinase- and MAP kinase-dependent mechanismsJane Thompson
Department of Preclinical Veterinary Sciences, Royal Dick School of Veterinary Studies, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH9 1QH, Scotland, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Neurosci 27:441-52. 2004b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) is a pleiotrophic factor whose many functions include promoting neuronal survival and growth...
- Epithelial-vascular cross talk mediated by VEGF-A and HGF signaling directs primary septae formation during distal lung morphogenesisHiroaki Yamamoto
Department of Medicine and Lung Biology Center, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Dev Biol 308:44-53. 2007..for distal lung morphogenesis, coupled with suppression of epithelial cell proliferation and decreased hepatocyte growth factor (Hgf) expression...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of cDNA encoding mouse hepatocyte growth factorY Liu
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, PA 15261
Biochim Biophys Acta 1216:299-303. 1993A cDNA encoding mouse hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) has been cloned and completely sequenced by use of reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) and subsequent cloning...
- Protective action of hepatocyte growth factor for acute liver injury caused by D-galactosamine in transgenic miceJ Okano
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Tottori University School of Medicine, Yonago, Japan
Hepatology 26:1241-9. 1997b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) has been reported to be a potent mitogen for hepatocytes in vivo and in vitro...
- A role for p75 neurotrophin receptor in the control of hair follicle morphogenesisN V Botchkareva
Department of Dermatology, Charite, Humboldt University Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Dev Biol 216:135-53. 1999..Although no significant differences in the expression of adhesion molecules (NCAM), selected morphogens (TGFbeta-2, HGF/SF, FGF-2, KGF), or their receptors (TGFbetaR-II, m-met, FGFR-1) were seen between DP of p75NTR knockout and wild-..
- Effects of thiol antioxidants on hepatocyte growth factor signaling in cardiac myocytesK Kitta
Antioxidants Research Laboratory and Cell and Molecular Nutrition Program, Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Antioxid Redox Signal 3:911-8. 2001..b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) transiently phosphorylated p44/42 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) with a peak at 3-5 min in ..
- Mitogenic synergy through multilevel convergence of hepatocyte growth factor and interleukin-4 signaling pathwaysRegina M Day
Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Biology, Division of Basic Sciences, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Oncogene 21:2201-11. 2002b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) regulates various physiological and developmental processes in concert with other growth factors, cytokines and hormones...
- Hepatocyte growth factor enhances adhesion of breast cancer cells to endothelial cells in vitro through up-regulation of CD44Shinichiro Mine
The First Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health Japan, 1 1 Iseigaoka, Yahata Nishi, Kitakyushu 807 8555, Japan
Exp Cell Res 288:189-97. 2003..Our results showed the following features of breast cancer cells: (1) HGF stimulated breast cancer cells by up-regulating CD44 expression in a concentration-dependent manner...
- Osteopontin contributes to hepatocyte growth factor-induced tumor growth and metastasis formationE V Ariztia
Department of Pathology, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Exp Cell Res 288:257-67. 2003The cytokine hepatocyte growth factor (HGF)/scatter factor-1 and its cognate receptor, Met, are involved in the etiology and progression of many types of cancer...
- Diverse and potent activities of HGF/SF in skin wound repairDamon Bevan
School of Biological Sciences, University of East Anglia, Norwich NR4 7TJ, UK
J Pathol 203:831-8. 2004..The present study shows that the plasminogen-related growth factor HGF/SF (hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor) promotes wound repair in homozygous diabetic db/db mice by recruiting neutrophils, ..
- The migration of bone marrow-derived non-hematopoietic tissue-committed stem cells is regulated in an SDF-1-, HGF-, and LIF-dependent mannerMagda Kucia
Stem Cell Biology Program at the James Graham Brown Cancer Center, University of Louisville, 529 South Jackson Street, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Arch Immunol Ther Exp (Warsz) 54:121-35. 2006..In this study we evaluated whether TCSCs respond to other motomorphogens, such as hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) and leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF).
- Hepatocyte growth factor up-regulates the expression of the bone morphogenetic protein (BMP) receptors, BMPR-IB and BMPR-II, in human prostate cancer cellsLin Ye
Metastasis and Angiogenesis Research Group, Department of Surgery, Wales College of Medicine, Health Park, Cardiff, CF14 4XN, UK
Int J Oncol 30:521-9. 2007b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) plays multiple roles in cancer, by acting as a motility, invasion and angiogenesis stimulating factor, which promotes metastasis and tumour growth...
- PAI-1 deficiency reduces liver fibrosis after bile duct ligation in mice through activation of tPAHongtao Wang
Division of Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
FEBS Lett 581:3098-104. 2007..Furthermore, there was increased activation of the tPA substrate hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), a known anti-fibrogenic protein...
- Met-driven invasive growth involves transcriptional regulation of Arhgap12A Gentile
Laboratory of Functional Genomics, The Oncogenomics Center, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, University of Turin Medical School, Turin, Italy
Oncogene 27:5590-8. 2008Invasive growth is a complex biological program triggered by hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) through its tyrosine kinase receptor encoded by the Met proto-oncogene...
- Hepatocyte growth factor and sonic Hedgehog expression in cerebellar neural progenitor cells costimulate medulloblastoma initiation and growthMandy J Binning
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
Cancer Res 68:7838-45. 2008..b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) and its cell surface receptor c-Met are highly expressed in human medulloblastomas, and elevated ..
- Noncompetitive inhibition of hepatocyte growth factor-dependent Met signaling by a phage-derived peptideEric M Tam
Department of Protein Engineering, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
J Mol Biol 385:79-90. 2009Dysregulation of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF)-induced signaling via its receptor tyrosine kinase Met results in tumor progression and metastasis...
- HGF and c-Met participate in paracrine tumorigenic pathways in head and neck squamous cell cancerLynn M Knowles
Departments of Pharmacology and Chemical Biology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:3740-50. 2009We determined hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) and c-Met expression and signaling in human head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC) cells and primary tissues and tested the ability of c-Met tyrosine kinase inhibitors (TKI) to block HGF-..
- Hepatocyte growth factor: molecular biomarker and player in cardioprotection and cardiovascular regenerationR Madonna
Institute of Cardiology, G d Annunzio University Chieti, C o Ospedale SS Annunziata, Via dei Vestini, 66013 Chieti, Italy
Thromb Haemost 107:656-61. 2012..b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), also named scatter factor (SF), has been identified as a primary candidate in promoting and ..
- Epithelial morphogenesis of MDCK cells in three-dimensional collagen culture is modulated by interleukin-8ERIKA K WELLS
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 304:C966-75. 2013..b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) induces MDCK cells in 3D culture to form linear tubule-like structures...
- Prenatal expression of MET receptor tyrosine kinase in the fetal mouse dorsal raphe nuclei and the visceral motor/sensory brainstemHsiao Huei Wu
Department of Cell and Neurobiology, Zilkha Neurogenetic Institute, Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, Calif 90089, USA
Dev Neurosci 35:1-16. 2013..we employed in situ hybridization and immunohistochemistry to map the expression of Met and its ligand, Hgf, through prenatal development of the mouse midbrain and hindbrain...
- Epigenetic upregulation of HGF and c-Met drives metastasis in hepatocellular carcinomaOlorunseun O Ogunwobi
Department of Pathology, Immunology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e63765. 2013b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) and its receptor, c-Met, are important regulators of growth and differentiation of healthy hepatocytes...
- Analysis of HGF, MACC1, C-met and apoptosis-related genes in cervical carcinoma miceXiao Ping Chen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yancheng City First People s Hospital, Yancheng, 215006, China
Mol Biol Rep 41:1247-56. 2014..chain reaction were applied to examine postive expression levels of Bcl-2, Bax and Caspase-3, HGF, MACC1, Caspase-3 and C-met proteins and MACC1 mRNA expression in tumour of CC mice...
- Regulation of hepatocyte growth factor in mice with pneumonia by peptidases and trans-alveolar fluxWilfred W Raymond
Cardiovascular Research Institute, School of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 10:e0125797. 2015b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) promotes lung epithelial repair after injury...
- Hepatocyte Growth Factor-c-MET Signaling Mediates the Development of Nonsensory Structures of the Mammalian Cochlea and HearingShumei Shibata
Tina and Rick Caruso Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Zilkha Neurogenetic Institute, and
J Neurosci 36:8200-9. 2016..the molecular differentiation of developing peripheral auditory structures, we discovered that hepatocyte growth factor (Hgf) is expressed in the future stria vascularis of the cochlear epithelium...
- VIP and growth factors in the infected corneaXiaoyu Jiang
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:6154-61. 2011..However, whether VIP treatment modulates growth factors to promote healing in the infected cornea remains untested and is the purpose of this study...
- Hepatocyte growth factor acts as a mitogen and chemoattractant for postnatal subventricular zone-olfactory bulb neurogenesisTsu Wei Wang
Department of Life Science, National Taiwan Normal University, Taipei, Taiwan
Mol Cell Neurosci 48:38-50. 2011..b>Hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor (HGF/SF) is a pleiotropic factor that influences cell motility, proliferation and ..
- SOCS1 controls liver regeneration by regulating HGF signaling in hepatocytesYirui Gui
Immunology Division, Department of Pediatrics, Universite de Sherbrooke, Centre de Recherche Clinique Etienne Le Bel, Centre Hospitalier de l université de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada J1H 5N4
J Hepatol 55:1300-8. 2011..Here we investigated the role of SOCS1 in regulating hepatocyte proliferation following partial hepatectomy and HGF stimulation.
- Hepatocyte growth factor/c-Met signalling is important for the selection of transplanted hepatocytesMichaela Kaldenbach
Department of Medicine III, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
Gut 61:1209-18. 2012..This study investigated the cursiv relevance of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF)/c-Met signalling for hepatocyte repopulation after transplantion.
- TGF-beta-1 up-regulates extra-cellular matrix production in mouse hepatoblastsDaisuke Sugiyama
Division of Hematopoietic Stem Cells, Advanced Medical Initiatives, Department of Advanced Medical Initiatives, Kyushu University Faculty of Medical Sciences, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Mech Dev 130:195-206. 2013..Taken together, our observations suggest that hepatoblasts predominantly produce ECM factors under control of TGF-beta-1 in fetal liver...
- Tpl2 regulates intestinal myofibroblast HGF release to suppress colitis-associated tumorigenesisVasiliki Koliaraki
Institute of Immunology, Biomedical Sciences Research Centre Alexander Fleming, Vari, Attica, Greece
J Clin Invest 122:4231-42. 2012..Tpl2-deficient IMFs upregulated HGF production and became less sensitive to the negative regulation of HGF by TGF-β3...
- Conditional genetic elimination of hepatocyte growth factor in mice compromises liver regeneration after partial hepatectomyKari Nejak-Bowen
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e59836. 2013b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) has been shown to be indispensable for liver regeneration because it serves as a main mitogenic stimulus driving hepatocytes toward proliferation...
- Purified scatter factor stimulates epithelial and vascular endothelial cell migrationE M Rosen
Department of Therapeutic Radiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510
Proc Soc Exp Biol Med 195:34-43. 1990..Purification of scatter factor (SF) activity from ras-transformed 3T3 cells was reported recently...
- Expression of the hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor receptor tyrosine kinase is localized to epithelia in the adult mouseX M Yang
Molecular Oncology Group, Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal, Canada
Lab Invest 73:483-91. 1995The met proto-oncogene receptor tyrosine kinase has been identified as a receptor for hepatocyte growth factor (HGF)/scatter factor (SF)...
- Molecular cloning and chromosomal mapping of the mouse cyclin-dependent kinase 5 geneT Ohshima
Unit on Mouse Genetics and Human Disease Models, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Genomics 28:585-8. 1995..Mouse Cdk5 was mapped to the centromeric region of mouse chromosome 5...
- Regulation of scatter factor production via a soluble inducing factorE M Rosen
Department of Radiation Oncology, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park, New York 11042
J Cell Biol 127:225-34. 1994Scatter factor (SF) (also known as hepatocyte growth factor [HGF]) is a fibroblast-derived cytokine that stimulates motility, proliferation, and morphogenesis of epithelia...
- Identification of a cell-type-specific transcriptional repressor in the promoter region of the mouse hepatocyte growth factor geneY Liu
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pennsylvania 15261
Mol Cell Biol 14:7046-58. 1994b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), a cytokine with multiple functions, exhibits cell-type-specific as well as cytokine- and steroid hormone-regulated expression...
- Structure, genetic mapping, and expression of the mouse Hgf/scatter factor geneC C Lee
Laboratory of Developmental Biology, National Institute of Dental Research, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892
Cell Adhes Commun 1:101-11. 1993The cytokine termed hepatocyte growth factor or scatter factor (HGF/SF) has been implicated in embryonic development and liver regeneration...
- Hepatocyte growth factor and its variant with a deletion of five amino acids are distinguishable in their biological activity and tertiary structureN Shima
Research Institute of Life Science, Snow Brand Milk Products, CO, Ltd, Tochigi, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 200:808-15. 1994A naturally occurring splice variant of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) lacks a 5-amino acid sequence in the first kringle domain...
- Involvement of hepatocyte growth factor in kidney developmentO F Santos
Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Dev Biol 163:525-9. 1994Using PCR, hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) and c-met (HGF receptor) expression were analyzed in the developing mouse kidney. Both HGF and c-met were expressed from Gestational Day 11...
- Defining the regulatory networks for muscle developmentJ D Molkentin
Hamon Center for Basic Research in Cancer, University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, 75235 9148, USA
Curr Opin Genet Dev 6:445-53. 1996..Elucidation of these aspects of the myogenic program is leading to a detailed understanding of the regulatory circuits controlling muscle development...
- Expression of hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor, its receptor, c-met, and tissue-type plasminogen activator during development of the murine olfactory systemD P Thewke
Neuroscience Program and Department of Biochemistry Biophysics and Genetics, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
J Neurosci 16:6933-44. 1996The expression of hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor (HGF/SF) and its receptor, the c-met proto-oncogene product, was examined by in situ hybridization in the developing and adult murine olfactory system and compared with the ..
- A natural hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor autocrine loop in myoblast cells and the effect of the constitutive Met kinase activation on myogenic differentiationS Anastasi
Istituto Pasteur Fondazione Cenci Bolognetti, Dipartimento di Biotecnologie Cellulari ed Ematologia, Sezione di Genetica Molecolare, Universita di Roma La Sapienza, 00161 Roma, Italy
J Cell Biol 137:1057-68. 1997As a rule, hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor (HGF/SF) is produced by mesenchymal cells, while its receptor, the tyrosine kinase encoded by the met proto-oncogene, is expressed by the neighboring epithelial cells in a canonical ..
- The mesenchymal winged helix transcription factor Fkh6 is required for the control of gastrointestinal proliferation and differentiationK H Kaestner
Department of Genetics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104 6145, USA
Genes Dev 11:1583-95. 1997....
- Multiple roles for hepatocyte growth factor in sympathetic neuron developmentF Maina
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Heidelberg, Federal Republic of Germany
Neuron 20:835-46. 1998We have studied the role of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF)/Met signaling in the development of sympathetic neuroblasts and neurons...
- HGF: a multifunctional growth factor controlling cell scatteringM C Stella
Institute for Cancer Research I R C C, University of Torino Medical School, Candiolo, Torino, Italy
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 31:1357-62. 1999b>Hepatocyte Growth Factor, also known as Scatter Factor, is a polypeptide that shows structural homology with enzymes of the blood coagulation cascade...
- Hepatocyte migration during liver development requires Prox1B Sosa-Pineda
Department of Genetics, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
Nat Genet 25:254-5. 2000..Here we report that Prox1 is required for hepatocyte migration. Loss of Prox1 leads to formation of a smaller liver with a reduced population of clustered hepatocytes surrounded by a laminin-rich basal membrane...
- Evidence that reduction of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) is not required for peroxisome proliferator-induced hepatocyte proliferationA Kiss
Laboratory of Experimental Carcinogenesis, Division of Basic Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Carcinogenesis 22:975-9. 2001..Administration of these compounds to rodents results in down-regulation of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) and supplementing culture medium with HGF is reported to suppress cell proliferation of ..
- Hepatocyte growth factor induces ERK-dependent paxillin phosphorylation and regulates paxillin-focal adhesion kinase associationZhen Xiang Liu
Section of Nephrology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
J Biol Chem 277:10452-8. 2002b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) modulates cell adhesion, migration, and branching morphogenesis in cultured epithelial cells, events that require regulation of cell-matrix interactions...
- Hepatocyte growth factor is essential for migration of myogenic cells and promotes their proliferation during the early periods of tongue morphogenesis in mouse embryosOsamu Amano
Department of Histology and Embryology, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa, Japan
Dev Dyn 223:169-79. 2002Temporal and spatial occurrence of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) and its cognate receptor c-Met in the mouse mandibular development was investigated by immunohistochemistry and quantitative reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction...
- Pleiotropic activity of hepatocyte growth factor during embryonic mouse testis developmentG Ricci
Department of Histology and Medical Embryology, University of Rome La Sapienza, Via A Scarpa 14, Rome 00161, Italy
Mech Dev 118:19-28. 2002The hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) is a pleiotropic cytokine whose action is mediated by c-met, a glycoproteic receptor with tyrosine kinase activity which transduces its multiple biological activities including cell proliferation, ..
- Involvement of hepatocyte growth factor in branching morphogenesis of murine salivary glandTatsuya Ikari
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Graduate School of Dental Science, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Dev Dyn 228:173-84. 2003We investigated the involvement of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) in salivary gland (SG) branching morphogenesis. The mouse submandibular gland (SMG) starts to develop at embryonic day 11.5-12 (E11...
- Hepatocyte growth factor promotes proliferation and neuronal differentiation of neural stem cells from mouse embryosJouji Kokuzawa
Department of Neurosurgery, Division of Neuroscience, Gifu University School of Medicine, 40 Tsukasa Machi, Gifu 500 8705, Japan
Mol Cell Neurosci 24:190-7. 2003b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), originally cloned as a hepatocyte mitogen, has recently been reported to exhibit neurotrophic activity in addition to being expressed in different parts of the nervous system...
- Foxf1 haploinsufficiency reduces Notch-2 signaling during mouse lung developmentVladimir V Kalinichenko
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, College of Medicine, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL 60607 7170, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 286:L521-30. 2004..Embryonic Foxf1(+/-) lungs exhibited diminished expression of hepatocyte growth factor receptor c-Met, myosin VI, the transcription factors SP-3, BMI-1, ATF-2, and glucocorticoid receptor, and ..
- Prevention of acute ischemic renal failure by targeted delivery of growth factors to the proximal tubule in transgenic mice: the efficacy of parathyroid hormone-related protein and hepatocyte growth factorNathalie M Fiaschi-Taesch
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 15:112-25. 2004..Parathyroid hormone-related protein (PTHrP) and hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) have been shown to stimulate proliferation in proximal nephron-derived cells...
- MUC20 suppresses the hepatocyte growth factor-induced Grb2-Ras pathway by binding to a multifunctional docking site of metToshio Higuchi
Central Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Pharmaceutical Frontier Research Laboratories, Japan Tobacco Inc, Yokohama, 236 0004, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 24:7456-68. 2004..docking site of Met without ligand activation, preventing Grb2 recruitment to Met and thus attenuating hepatocyte growth factor (HGF)-induced transient extracellular signal-regulated kinase-1 and -2 activation...
- A unique population of bone marrow cells migrates to skeletal muscle via hepatocyte growth factor/c-met axisMichael Rosu-Myles
Robarts Research Institute, Krembil Centre for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, 100 Perth Drive, London, Ontario N6A 5K8, Canada
J Cell Sci 118:4343-52. 2005..or CXCR4-blocking antibody, but could be reduced by addition of c-met-blocking antibody and augmented by hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), the putative ligand for c-met...
- A novel role of hepatocyte growth factor as an immune regulator through suppressing dendritic cell functionKatsuhide Okunishi
Pulmonary Division, Department of Allergy and Rheumatology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Immunol 175:4745-53. 2005b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) plays an important role in many biological events such as angiogenesis, cell proliferation, anti-fibrosis and antiapoptosis...
- Hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor and MET are involved in arterial repair and atherogenesisHeather McKinnon
Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Am J Pathol 168:340-8. 2006Several studies have shown that in the arterial wall hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor (HGF/SF) is expressed by smooth muscle cells (SMCs) but acts on endothelial cells, not SMCs...
- Rapid growth of invasive metastatic melanoma in carcinogen-treated hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor-transgenic mice carrying an oncogenic CDK4 mutationDamia Tormo
Laboratory of Experimental Dermatology, Department of Dermatology, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Str 25, 53105 Bonn, Germany
Am J Pathol 169:665-72. 2006..to spontaneous development of metastatic melanoma after a long latency period in mice overexpressing hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor (HGF/SF mice)...
- Gene expression profiles of drug-metabolizing enzymes and transporters with an overexpression of hepatocyte growth factorSatoru Kakizaki
Department of Medicine and Molecular Science, Gunma University Graduate School of Medicine, Maebashi, Gunma, Japan
Liver Int 27:109-19. 2007..In this study, we investigated the gene expression profiles of such enzymes with an overexpression of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF).
- CD44 regulates hepatocyte growth factor-mediated vascular integrity. Role of c-Met, Tiam1/Rac1, dynamin 2, and cortactinPatrick A Singleton
Department of Medicine, Pritzker School of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Biol Chem 282:30643-57. 2007..In this study, we explored the regulation of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF)-mediated enhancement of EC barrier function via CD44 isoforms...
- A central role for hepatocyte growth factor in adipose tissue angiogenesisLauren N Bell
Indiana University School of Medicine, 541 North Clinical Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46202 5111, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 294:E336-44. 2008b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) is a potent mitogenic and angiogenic factor produced in human adipose tissue...
- Coordinated integrin and growth factor regulation of primary keratinocyte migration mediated through extracellular signal regulated kinase and phosphoinositide 3-kinaseAlanna Watson
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Western Ontario, London, ON N6A 5C1, Canada
Arch Dermatol Res 301:307-17. 2009..On collagen I and fibronectin substrates, both epidermal growth factor (EGF) and hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) stimulated chemokinetic (random) and chemotactic (directional) migration...
- Blockade of the Ras/MEK/ERK and Ras/PI3K/Akt pathways by statins reduces the expression of bFGF, HGF, and TGF-β as angiogenic factors in mouse osteosarcomaMasanobu Tsubaki
Division of Pharmacotherapy, Kinki University School of Pharmacy, Kowakae, Higashi Osaka, Japan
Cytokine 54:100-7. 2011..the expression of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF), hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), and transforming growth factor-β (TGF-β) mRNA in the mouse osteosarcoma cell line LM8...
- Hepatocyte growth factor protects retinal ganglion cells by increasing neuronal survival and axonal regeneration in vitro and in vivoLars Tönges
Department of Neurology, University Medicine Gottingen, R Koch Strasse 40, Gottingen, Germany
J Neurochem 117:892-903. 2011b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) is known to promote the survival and foster neuritic outgrowth of different subpopulations of CNS neurons during development...
- A novel role for Bruton's tyrosine kinase in hepatocyte growth factor-mediated immunoregulation of dendritic cellsEshu Singhal
Division of Cell Biology and Immunology, Institute of Microbial Technology, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Sector 39A, Chandigarh 160036, India
J Biol Chem 286:32054-63. 2011The limited success of dendritic cell (DC)-based immunotherapy in multiple myeloma is partly due to hepatocyte growth factor (HGF)-induced DC dysfunction...
- Hepatocyte growth factor rapidly induces the tyrosine phosphorylation of 41-kDa and 43-kDa proteins in mouse keratinocytesY Chatani
Department of Biology, Gifu Pharmaceutical University, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 185:860-6. 1992We have examined the hepatocyte growth factor (HGF)-mediated changes in protein-tyrosine phosphorylation in mouse keratinocytes (PAM-212) and canine kidney epithelial cells (MDCK)...
- Hepatocyte growth factor in transgenic mice: effects on hepatocyte growth, liver regeneration and gene expressionG Shiota
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Charlestown 02129
Hepatology 19:962-72. 1994Attention has recently been focused on hepatocyte growth factor as a major candidate factor in liver regeneration because it is the most potent known mitogen for hepatocytes in vitro...
- Epithelial-mesenchymal interactions in gut morphogenesisDeborah C Rubin; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- FUNCTION OF A GROWTH INDUCED GENE IN LIVER REGENERATIONKLAUS KAESTNER; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Stromal TGFbeta in tumor progressionNikki Cheng; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Expression profiling of human isletsKLAUS KAESTNER; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Development of C57BL/6 ES cell technology for high thoughput use.KLAUS KAESTNER; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Hepatocyte growth factor activator and its inhibitors in mouse uterusXuan Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2008unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Increasing evidence indicates that hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) plays an important role in uterine development and pathological conditions such as endometriosis and carcinoma...
- FUNCTIONAL GENOMICS OF THE BETA-CELLKLAUS KAESTNER; Fiscal Year: 2007..The new resources generated through this project will be made available to the NIDDK-funded biotechnology centers and the diabetes research community at large. ..
- Liver Biology, Development and DiseaseKLAUS KAESTNER; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..