Genomes and Genes
heme oxygenase 1
Gene Symbol: heme oxygenase 1
Description: heme oxygenase 1
Alias: D8Wsu38e, HO-1, HO1, Hemox, Hmox, Hsp32, heme oxygenase 1, P32 protein, heme oxygenase (decycling) 1, hemoxygenase
Publications170 found, 100 shown here
- Overexpression of heme oxygenase-1 in murine melanoma: increased proliferation and viability of tumor cells, decreased survival of miceHalina Was
Department of Medical Biotechnology, Faculty of Biotechnology, Jagiellonian University, Gronostajowa 7, 30 387 Krakow, Poland
Am J Pathol 169:2181-98. 2006....
- Heme oxygenase-1 and carbon monoxide suppress the pathogenesis of experimental cerebral malariaAna Pamplona
Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciencia, 2780 156 Oeiras, Portugal
Nat Med 13:703-10. 2007..These effects were mediated by the binding of CO to hemoglobin, preventing hemoglobin oxidation and the generation of free heme, a molecule that triggers ECM pathogenesis...
- Heme oxygenase-1 affords protection against noncerebral forms of severe malariaElsa Seixas
Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciencia, Oeiras, Portugal
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:15837-42. 2009..In conclusion, we describe a mechanism of host defense against Plasmodium infection, based on tissue cytoprotection against free heme and limiting disease severity irrespectively of parasite burden...
- Induction of heme oxygenase-1 in vivo suppresses NADPH oxidase derived oxidative stressSrinivasa R Datla
Bernard O Brien Institute of Microsurgery, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Hypertension 50:636-42. 2007..Thus, systemic expression of HO-1 suppresses NADPH oxidase activity by mechanisms at least partly mediated by the bile pigment bilirubin, thereby reducing oxidative stress...
- Heme oxygenase 1, beneficial role in permanent ischemic stroke and in Gingko biloba (EGb 761) neuroprotectionZ A Shah
Department of Medicinal and Biological Chemistry, College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Toledo, Toledo, OH 43614, USA
Neuroscience 180:248-55. 2011..B (GB), and Terpene Free Material (TFM)] could provide neuroprotection in ischemic conditions through heme oxygenase 1 (HO1)...
- Heme oxygenase-1 protein localizes to the nucleus and activates transcription factors important in oxidative stressQing Lin
Children s Hospital of Philadelphia and Department of Pediatrics, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 282:20621-33. 2007..We speculate that nuclear localization of HO-1 protein may serve to up-regulate genes that promote cytoprotection against oxidative stress...
- Identification of a second region upstream of the mouse heme oxygenase-1 gene that functions as a basal level and inducer-dependent transcription enhancerJ Alam
Department of Molecular Genetics, Alton Ochsner Medical Foundation, New Orleans, Louisiana 70121, USA
J Biol Chem 270:11977-84. 1995..Induction by H2O2 was unaffected by the kinase inhibitors, but completely abolished by N-acetylcysteine. Heme-dependent induction was not significantly affected by any of these chemicals...
- Regulation of heme oxygenase-1 expression by demethoxy curcuminoids through Nrf2 by a PI3-kinase/Akt-mediated pathway in mouse beta-cellsSubbiah Pugazhenthi
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, P O Box 6511, Mail Stop 8106, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 293:E645-55. 2007..Our observations suggest that demethoxy curcuminoids could be used to induce a cellular defense mechanism in beta-cells under conditions of stress as seen in diabetes...
- The L-4F mimetic peptide prevents insulin resistance through increased levels of HO-1, pAMPK, and pAKT in obese miceStephen J Peterson
Department of Pharmacology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY 10595, USA
J Lipid Res 50:1293-304. 2009..The anti-obesity effects of L-4F are manifested by a decrease in visceral fat content with reciprocal increases in adiponectin, pAMPK, pAKT, and phosphorylation of insulin receptors with improved insulin sensitivity...
- Nrf-2 mediated heme oxygenase-1 expression, an antioxidant-independent mechanism, contributes to anti-atherogenesis and vascular protective effects of Ginkgo biloba extractJia Shiong Chen
Institute of Pharmacology, National Yang Ming University School of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Atherosclerosis 214:301-9. 2011..GBE was recently suggested as a heme oxygenase (HO)-1 inducer. The role of HO-1 in anti-atherogenesis and related vascular protective effects of GBE awaited further clarification...
- Anti-inflammatory mechanism of ginsenoside Rh1 in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated microglia: critical role of the protein kinase A pathway and hemeoxygenase-1 expressionJi Sun Jung
Department of Molecular Medicine and Tissue Injury Defense Research Center, Ewha Womans University Medical School, Seoul, Korea
J Neurochem 115:1668-80. 2010..Through this study, we have demonstrated that protein kinase A and its downstream effector, HO-1, play a critical role in the anti-inflammatory mechanism of Rh1 by modulating pro- and anti-inflammatory molecules in activated microglia...
- Fractalkine attenuates excito-neurotoxicity via microglial clearance of damaged neurons and antioxidant enzyme heme oxygenase-1 expressionMariko Noda
Department of Neuroimmunology, Research Institute of Environmental Medicine, Nagoya University, Furo cho, Chikusa ku, Nagoya 464 8601, Japan
J Biol Chem 286:2308-19. 2011..These results suggest that sFKN secreted from glutamate-damaged neurons provides both phagocytotic and neuroprotective signals...
- After vascular injury, heme oxygenase-1/carbon monoxide enhances re-endothelialization via promoting mobilization of circulating endothelial progenitor cellsH H Lin
Institute of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Thromb Haemost 7:1401-8. 2009..Heme oxygenase-1 (HO-1), a heme degradation enzyme with multiple vasoprotective functions, is systemically induced in pathophysiological states associated with oxidative stress...
- Induction of heme oxygenase-1 protects against podocyte apoptosis under diabetic conditionsSang Choel Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Kwandong University, Goyang, Gyeonggi Do, Korea
Kidney Int 76:838-48. 2009..Inhibition of HO-1 accentuated the increase in apoptotic cells both in vivo and in vitro. Our findings suggest that HO-1 expression protects against podocyte apoptosis under diabetic conditions...
- Heme oxygenase-1 protects against steatohepatitis in both cultured hepatocytes and miceJun Yu
Institute of Digestive Disease and Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Li Ka Shing Institute of Health Sciences, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Gastroenterology 138:694-704, 704.e1. 2010..Heme oxygenase-1 (HO-1), an antioxidant defense enzyme, has been shown to protect against oxidant-induced tissue injury. We investigated the role of HO-1 in nutritional steatohepatitis in vitro and in vivo...
- Heme oxygenase-1-mediated autophagy protects against hepatocyte cell death and hepatic injury from infection/sepsis in miceEvie H Carchman
VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Hepatology 53:2053-62. 2011..LPS induced phosphorylation of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase (p38 MAPK), in part, via HO-dependent signaling. Moreover, inhibition of p38 MAPK prevented CLP- or LPS-induced autophagy...
- Hypoxia-inducible factor-1 mediates transcriptional activation of the heme oxygenase-1 gene in response to hypoxiaP J Lee
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care, Department of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Biol Chem 272:5375-81. 1997..Taken together, these data demonstrate that hypoxia induces HO-1 expression in animal tissues and cell cultures and implicate HIF-1 in this response...
- Heme oxygenase-1 expression in macrophages plays a beneficial role in atherosclerosisLuz D Orozco
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Circ Res 100:1703-11. 2007..We conclude that HO-1 expression in macrophages constitutes an important component of the antiatherogenic effect by increasing antioxidant protection and decreasing the inflammatory component of atherosclerotic lesions...
- Endotoxin-induced myeloid-derived suppressor cells inhibit alloimmune responses via heme oxygenase-1V de Wilde
Institute for Medical Immunology, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Gosselies, Belgium
Am J Transplant 9:2034-47. 2009..Importantly, HO-1 inhibition before CD11b+ cell transfer prevented the delay of allograft rejection revealing a new MDSC-associated suppressor mechanism relevant for transplantation...
- Heme oxygenase-1 inhibits T cell-dependent skin inflammation and differentiation and function of antigen-presenting cellsJoanna Listopad
TRG Inflammation and Immunology, Bayer Schering Pharma AG, D 13442 Berlin, Germany
Exp Dermatol 16:661-70. 2007..Suppression of antigen-presenting cells may represent a main anti-inflammatory mechanism of HO-1...
- Heme oxygenase gene targeting to adipocytes attenuates adiposity and vascular dysfunction in mice fed a high-fat dietJian Cao
Department of Geriatric Cardiology, Chinese PLA General Hospital Beijing, China
Hypertension 60:467-75. 2012..These effects are reversed by the HO activity inhibitor, stannous mesoporphyrin...
- Induction of heme oxygenase-1 expression in murine macrophages is essential for the anti-inflammatory effect of low dose 15-deoxy-Delta 12,14-prostaglandin J2Tzong Shyuan Lee
Division of Cardiovascular Research, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, Taipei 11529, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Biol Chem 278:19325-30. 2003..Collectively, these data suggest that even at submicromolar concentrations 15d-PGJ2 can exert an anti-inflammatory effect in macrophages through a mechanism that involves the action of HO/CO...
- Heme oxygenase-1 modulates early inflammatory responses: evidence from the heme oxygenase-1-deficient mouseMatthias H Kapturczak
Division of Nephrology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham Alabama, USA
Am J Pathol 165:1045-53. 2004..The absence of HO-1 correlates with a Th1-weighted shift in cytokine responses suggesting a general pro-inflammatory tendency associated with HO-1 deficiency...
- Heme oxygenase-1 gene activation by the NAD(P)H oxidase inhibitor 4-(2-aminoethyl) benzenesulfonyl fluoride via a protein kinase B, p38-dependent signaling pathway in monocytesNastiti Wijayanti
Institut für Klinische Immunologie und Transfusionsmedizin, Justus Liebig Universitat Giessen, Langhanstrasse 7, D 35392 Giessen, Germany
J Biol Chem 280:21820-9. 2005..The data suggest that the transcriptional induction of HO-1 gene expression by AEBSF is mediated via activation of a PKB, p38 MAPK signaling pathway...
- Heme oxygenase-1 in vascular smooth muscle cells counteracts cardiovascular damage induced by angiotensin IIToshisuke Morita
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Toho University, School of Medicine, 6 11 1, Omori Nishi, Ota ku, Tokyo, 143 8541, Japan
Curr Neurovasc Res 2:113-20. 2005..The evidence presented in the current study indicates that vascular HO-1 exerts its protective effect against cardiovascular damage, possibly through the inhibition of oxidative stress...
- Heme oxygenase-1 protects brain from acute excitotoxicityA S Ahmad
Department of Anesthesiology Critical Care Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 720 Rutland Avenue, Ross Research Building 364 365, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Neuroscience 141:1703-8. 2006....
- Haeme oxygenase promotes progenitor cell mobilization, neovascularization, and functional recovery after critical hindlimb ischaemia in miceJörn Tongers
Department of Cardiology and Angiology, Hannover University Medical School, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 78:294-300. 2008..We postulated that haeme oxygenase (HO) is required for progenitor cell recruitment, neovascularization, and blood flow recovery after critical hindlimb ischaemia (HLI)...
- Heme oxygenase 1 is associated with ischemic preconditioning-induced protection against brain ischemiaEmil Zeynalov
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 720 Rutland Ave, Ross 365, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Neurobiol Dis 35:264-9. 2009..Our goal was to determine if the inducible heme oxygenase 1 (HO1) is required for such protection...
- Carbon monoxide rescues heme oxygenase-1-deficient mice from arterial thrombosis in allogeneic aortic transplantationBo Chen
Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
Am J Pathol 175:422-9. 2009..These studies demonstrate an important role for systemic HO-1/CO for protection against vascular arterial thrombosis in murine aortic allotransplantation...
- An anti-inflammatory role for carbon monoxide and heme oxygenase-1 in chronic Th2-mediated murine colitisShehzad Z Sheikh
Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
J Immunol 186:5506-13. 2011....
- Haem oxygenase-1 dictates intrauterine fetal survival in mice via carbon monoxideMaria Laura Zenclussen
Department of Experimental Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical Faculty, Otto von Guericke University, Gerhart Hauptmann Strasse 35, Magdeburg, Germany
J Pathol 225:293-304. 2011..We unravel a novel physiological role for HO-1/CO in sustaining pregnancy which aids in understanding the biology of pregnancy and reveals a promising therapeutic application in the treatment of pregnancy pathologies...
- Extract of Salvia miltiorrhiza (Danshen) induces Nrf2-mediated heme oxygenase-1 expression as a cytoprotective action in RAW 264.7 macrophagesSeung Eun Lee
Department of Microbiology, School of Medicine, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
J Ethnopharmacol 139:541-8. 2012..Induction of heme oxygenase-1 (HO-1) expression protects against oxidative stress-induced cell damage, which plays an important role in cytoprotection in a variety of pathological models...
- Heme oxygenase-1 mediated cytoprotection against liver ischemia and reperfusion injury: inhibition of type-1 interferon signalingSei Ichiro Tsuchihashi
The Dumont UCLA Transplant Center, Division of Liver and Pancreas Transplantation, Department of Surgery, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 7054, USA
Transplantation 83:1628-34. 2007..This study focuses on the role of type-1 IFN pathway in the mechanism of HO-1 cytoprotection during liver IRI...
- Melatonin enhances endogenous heme oxygenase-1 and represses immune responses to ameliorate experimental murine membranous nephropathyChia Chao Wu
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Tri Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
J Pineal Res 52:460-9. 2012..Melatonin also upregulated heme oxygenase 1 (HO1) and ameliorated MN...
- Heme oxygenase-1 accelerates cutaneous wound healing in miceAnna Grochot-Przeczek
Department of Medical Biotechnology, Faculty of Biochemistry, Biophysics and Biotechnology, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland
PLoS ONE 4:e5803. 2009..In summary, induction of HO-1 is necessary for efficient wound closure and neovascularization. Impaired wound healing in diabetic mice may be associated with delayed HO-1 upregulation and can be improved by HO-1 gene transfer...
- Dysfunction of the heme recycling system in heme oxygenase 1-deficient mice: effects on macrophage viability and tissue iron distributionGennadiy Kovtunovych
Molecular Medicine Program, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Blood 116:6054-62. 2010..Thus, in HO-1(-/-) mammals, the reduced function and viability of erythrophagocytosing macrophages are the main causes of tissue damage and iron redistribution...
- Antiviral activity and hepatoprotection by heme oxygenase-1 in hepatitis B virus infectionUlrike Protzer
Molecular Infectiology at Center for Molecular Medicine Cologne, Institute for Medical Microbiology, Immunology, and Hygiene, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Gastroenterology 133:1156-65. 2007..Induction of heme oxygenase-1 (HO-1) has been shown to be beneficial in immune-mediated liver damage. We now investigate the effects of HO-1 induction in models of human hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection...
- Adipocyte heme oxygenase-1 induction attenuates metabolic syndrome in both male and female obese miceAngela Burgess
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Toledo College of Medicine, Toledo, OH 43614, USA
Hypertension 56:1124-30. 2010..These findings offer the possibility of treating not only hypertension, but also other detrimental metabolic consequences of obesity including insulin resistance and dyslipidemia in obese populations by induction of HO-1 in adipocytes...
- Participation of heme oxygenase-1 in a model of acute inflammationAna María Vicente
Department of Pharmacology, University of Valencia, 46100 Burjasot, Valencia, Spain
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 228:514-6. 2003..Our data suggest an anti-inflammatory role for HO-1 in the response induced by this phagocytic stimulus...
- Induction of heme oxygenase-1 inhibits NAD(P)H oxidase activity by down-regulating cytochrome b558 expression via the reduction of heme availabilityCamille Taillé
INSERM, Unité 408, Institut Federatif de Recherche 02, Faculte de Medecine Xavier Bichat, 75018 Paris, France
J Biol Chem 279:28681-8. 2004..This study provides a new mechanism to explain HO-1 anti-oxidant properties...
- Heme oxygenase-1 prevents non-alcoholic steatohepatitis through suppressing hepatocyte apoptosis in miceYueMin Nan
Department of Traditional and Western Medical Hepatology, Third Hospital of Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang, PR China
Lipids Health Dis 9:124. 2010..However, the role of HO-1 on hepatocyte apoptosis remains unclear. We aim to elucidate the effects of HO-1 on oxidative stress related hepatocellular apoptosis in nutritional steatohepatitis in mice...
- The induction of macrophage hemeoxygenase-1 is protective during acute kidney injury in aging miceDavid A Ferenbach
MRC Centre for Inflammation Research, Queen s Medical Research Institute, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
Kidney Int 79:966-76. 2011..Thus, failure of HO-1 induction following renal IRI worsens structural and functional injury in older mice and represents a therapeutic target in the elderly. Hence, HO-1-positive renal macrophages mediate HA-induced protection in IRI...
- Protective effects of adiponectin against renal ischemia-reperfusion injury via prostacyclin-PPARα-heme oxygenase-1 signaling pathwayChing Feng Cheng
Department of Medical Research, Tzu Chi General Hospital, Hualien, Taiwan
J Cell Physiol 227:239-49. 2012..This provides in vivo evidence that APN mediated HO-1 expression depends on PPARα regulation. In conclusion, our results provide a novel APN mediated prostacyclin-PPARα-HO-1 signaling pathway in protecting renal I/R injury...
- Heme oxygenase-1 couples activation of mitochondrial biogenesis to anti-inflammatory cytokine expressionClaude A Piantadosi
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Biol Chem 286:16374-85. 2011..These findings disclose a highly structured transcriptional network that couples mitochondrial biogenesis to counter-inflammation with major implications for immune suppression in sepsis...
- Cadmium induces nuclear export of Bach1, a transcriptional repressor of heme oxygenase-1 geneHiroshi Suzuki
Department of Biomedical Chemistry, Hiroshima University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima 734 8551, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:49246-53. 2003..These results indicate that the nuclear export of Bach1 constitutes an important regulatory mechanism to relieve the Bach1-mediated repression of genes such as ho-1...
- Cardioprotection by hypoxia-inducible factor 1 alpha transfection in skeletal muscle is dependent on haem oxygenase activity in miceGabor Czibik
Department of Physiology, IMB, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Oslo, PO Box 1103, Blindern, NO 0317 Oslo, Norway
Cardiovasc Res 82:107-14. 2009The present study investigates whether the cardioprotection achieved by gene delivery of hypoxia-inducible factor-1 alpha (HIF-1 alpha) depends on the downstream factor haem oxygenase (HMOX)-1.
- Anti-inflammatory effects of sulfuretin from Rhus verniciflua Stokes via the induction of heme oxygenase-1 expression in murine macrophagesDong Sung Lee
College of Pharmacy, Wonkwang University, Iksan, Jeonbuk 570 749, Republic of Korea
Int Immunopharmacol 10:850-8. 2010..This indicated that the anti-inflammatory effects of sulfuretin in macrophages might be exerted through a novel mechanism that involves HO-1 expression...
- Different susceptibility to the Parkinson's toxin MPTP in mice lacking the redox master regulator Nrf2 or its target gene heme oxygenase-1Nadia G Innamorato
Centro de Investigacion Biomedica en Red sobre Enfermedades Neurodegenerativas CIBERNED, Instituto de Investigación Sanitaria La Paz IdiPaz, Madrid, Spain
PLoS ONE 5:e11838. 2010..Before targeting Nrf2 for PD therapy it is imperative to determine if HO-1 is neurotoxic or neuroprotective in the basal ganglia...
- Lipopolysaccaride induces autophagic signaling in macrophages via a TLR4, heme oxygenase-1 dependent pathwayPaul Waltz
Department of Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA USA
Autophagy 7:315-20. 2011..We found that LPS induced autophagic signaling in macrophages via a TLR4, HO-1 dependent pathway in macrophages. These data add to the developing contribution of autophagic signaling as part of the inflammatory response...
- Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt pathway mediates heme oxygenase-1 regulation by lipopolysaccharideS E Pischke
Division of Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, MUH 628NW, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand) 51:461-70. 2005..We demonstrate, to our knowledge for the first time, that upon proinflammatory stimulation heme oxygenase-1 gene expression in macrophages depends on PI3K/Akt and p38 MAPK acting upstream of Nrf2-dependent promoter activation...
- Endotoxin-induced down-regulation of Elk-3 facilitates heme oxygenase-1 induction in macrophagesSu Wol Chung
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 176:2414-20. 2006..Taken together, our data reveal that Elk-3 serves as an important repressor of HO-1 gene transcription and contributes to the tight control of HO-1 gene regulation in the setting of inflammatory stimuli...
- Nrf2 regulates antioxidant gene expression evoked by oxidized phospholipids in endothelial cells and murine arteries in vivoHenna Kaisa Jyrkkänen
Department of Biotechnology and Molecular Medicine, A I Virtanen Institute, University of Kuopio, Finland
Circ Res 103:e1-9. 2008..We suggest that the activation of Nrf2 by oxidized phospholipids provides a mechanism by which their deleterious effects are limited in the vasculature...
- Heme oxygenase activity modulates vascular endothelial growth factor synthesis in vascular smooth muscle cellsJozef Dulak
Division of Cardiology, Innsbruck University, Innsbruck, Austria
Antioxid Redox Signal 4:229-40. 2002..As CO and iron, respectively the inducer and the inhibitor of VEGF synthesis, are concomitantly produced during the degradation of heme, these data indicate that HO by-products may differentially modulate VEGF production...
- Heme oxygenase 1 expression induced by IL-10 requires STAT-3 and phosphoinositol-3 kinase and is inhibited by lipopolysaccharideGiuseppe A Ricchetti
Kennedy Institute of Rheumatology Division, Imperial College London, Hammersmith, UK
J Leukoc Biol 76:719-26. 2004..In summary, although IL-10 does regulate HO-1 expression, it does not appear to play a significant role in the anti-inflammatory activity of the cytokine...
- Simvastatin induces heme oxygenase-1: a novel mechanism of vessel protectionTzong Shyuan Lee
Division of Biomedical Sciences, University of California, Riverside, CA 92521 0121, USA
Circulation 110:1296-302. 2004..Here, we studied whether heme oxygenase-1 (HO-1), an important cytoprotective molecule, is induced by simvastatin and the role of HO-1 in the pleiotropic effects of simvastatin...
- Absence of heme oxygenase-1 exacerbates myocardial ischemia/reperfusion injury in diabetic miceXiaoli Liu
Pulmonary and Critical Care Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 75 Francis St, Thorn 932A, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Diabetes 54:778-84. 2005..Our data demonstrate that the absence of HO-1 renders animals more susceptible to myocardial ischemia/reperfusion damage and diabetes worsens the injury...
- Carbon monoxide ameliorates chronic murine colitis through a heme oxygenase 1-dependent pathwayRefaat A F Hegazi
Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
J Exp Med 202:1703-13. 2005..In conclusion, this study begins to elucidate potential etiologic and therapeutic implications of CO and the HO-1 pathway in chronic inflammatory bowel diseases...
- Heme oxygenase-1 gene transfer inhibits angiotensin II-mediated rat cardiac myocyte apoptosis but not hypertrophyRoger S Y Foo
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, School of Clinical Medicine, Addenbrooke s Hospital, University of Cambridge, UK
J Cell Physiol 209:1-7. 2006..Our findings identify the signalling pathways by which HO-1 gene transfer protects against apoptosis and suggest that overexpression of HO-1 in cardiomyopathies may delay the transition from myocyte hypertrophy to heart failure...
- The neuroprotective effect of heme oxygenase (HO) on oxidative stress in HO-1 siRNA-transfected HT22 cellsAsuka Kaizaki
Department of Biochemical Toxicology, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Showa University, 1 5 8 Hatanodai, Shinagawa, Tokyo 142 8555, Japan
Brain Res 1108:39-44. 2006..These results suggest that inducible HO-1 plays a protective role against oxidative stress in HT22 cells...
- Heme oxygenase-1-derived carbon monoxide enhances the host defense response to microbial sepsis in miceSu Wol Chung
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Clin Invest 118:239-47. 2008..These data advocate HO-1-derived CO as an important mediator of the host defense response to sepsis and suggest CO administration as a possible treatment for the disease...
- The transcription factor Nrf2 is a therapeutic target against brain inflammationNadia G Innamorato
Departamento de Bioquímica e Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas Alberto Sols Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas Universidad Autónoma, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
J Immunol 181:680-9. 2008..This study opens the possibility of targeting Nrf2 in brain as a means to modulate neuroinflammation...
- Heme oxygenase-1 prevents airway mucus hypersecretion induced by cigarette smoke in rodents and humansAbdelhamid Almolki
INSERM U700, Universite Paris 7, Paris, France
Am J Pathol 173:981-92. 2008..7% versus 8.6%, P = 0.047). No such results were observed in those who had never smoked (n = 297). We conclude that HO-1 has a significant protective effect against airway mucus hypersecretion in animals and humans exposed to CS...
- The heme oxygenase-1/carbon monoxide pathway suppresses TLR4 signaling by regulating the interaction of TLR4 with caveolin-1Xiao Mei Wang
Division of Pulmonary, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Immunol 182:3809-18. 2009..Upon LPS stimulation, HO-1 trafficked to the caveolae by a p38 MAPK-dependent mechanism, where it down-regulated proinflammatory signaling. These results reveal an anti-inflammatory network involving cav-1 and HO-1...
- Distal AP-1 binding sites mediate basal level enhancement and TPA induction of the mouse heme oxygenase-1 geneJ Alam
Department of Molecular Genetics, Alton Ochsner Medical Foundation, New Orleans, Louisiana 70121
J Biol Chem 267:21894-900. 1992..These functions are mediated by the AP-1 binding sites as multiple copies of the region A motif also confer TPA induction and c-Jun/c-Fos transactivation upon a heterologous promoter...
- Isolation and characterization of the mouse heme oxygenase-1 gene. Distal 5' sequences are required for induction by heme or heavy metalsJ Alam
Department of Molecular Genetics, Alton Ochsner Medical Foundation, New Orleans, Louisiana 70121
J Biol Chem 269:1001-9. 1994..A 5-7-fold difference in the levels of induction between stably integrated and transiently expressed mouse HO-1 gene constructs is observed in this cell line.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS)..
- Heme oxygenase 1 is required for mammalian iron reutilizationK D Poss
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Center for Learning and Memory, Center for Cancer Research, Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:10919-24. 1997..Here, we generated mice lacking functional heme oxygenase 1 (Hmox1; EC 1.14.99...
- Hypoxia induces severe right ventricular dilatation and infarction in heme oxygenase-1 null miceS F Yet
Cardiovascular Biology Laboratory, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Clin Invest 103:R23-9. 1999..Our data suggest that in the absence of HO-1, cardiomyocytes have a maladaptive response to hypoxia and subsequent pulmonary hypertension. J.Clin. Invest. 103:R23-R29 (1999)...
- The indispensability of heme oxygenase-1 in protecting against acute heme protein-induced toxicity in vivoK A Nath
Nephrology Research Unit, Mayo Clinic Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Am J Pathol 156:1527-35. 2000..We conclude that the induction of HO-1 is an indispensable response in protecting against acute heme protein toxicity in vivo...
- Heme oxygenase-1 protects against vascular constriction and proliferationH J Duckers
Vascular Biology Branch, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Nat Med 7:693-8. 2001..Induction of the HO-1 pathway moderates the severity of vascular injury by at least two adaptive mechanisms independent of nitric oxide, and is a potential therapeutic target for diseases of the vasculature...
- Heme oxygenase-1 mediates the anti-inflammatory effect of interleukin-10 in miceTzong Shyuan Lee
Graduate Institute of Life Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, and Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Nat Med 8:240-6. 2002..The identification of HO-1 as a downstream effector of IL-10 provides new possibilities for improved therapeutic approaches for treating inflammatory diseases...
- Heme oxygenase-1-derived carbon monoxide requires the activation of transcription factor NF-kappa B to protect endothelial cells from tumor necrosis factor-alpha-mediated apoptosisSophie Brouard
Immunobiology Research Center, Department of Surgery, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 277:17950-61. 2002..e. c-IAP2 and A1, to protect EC from TNF-alpha-mediated apoptosis. This effect is dependent on the ability of HO-1/CO to activate the p38 MAPK signal transduction pathway...
- Nitric oxide and prostaglandin E2 participate in lipopolysaccharide/interferon-gamma-induced heme oxygenase 1 and prevent RAW264.7 macrophages from UV-irradiation-induced cell deathYen Chou Chen
Graduate Institute of Pharmacognosy Science, Taipei Medical University, Taiwan
J Cell Biochem 86:331-9. 2002..These results demonstrated that inflammatory molecules NO and PGE(2) were potent inducers of HO-1 gene, and protected cells from UV-irradiation-induced cell death through HO-1 induction...
- Hemoprotein Bach1 regulates enhancer availability of heme oxygenase-1 geneJiying Sun
Department of Biomedical Chemistry, Hiroshima University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Kasumi 1 2 3, Hiroshima 734 8551, Japan
EMBO J 21:5216-24. 2002..Thus, regulation of ho-1 involves a direct sensing of heme levels by Bach1 (by analogy to lac repressor sensitivity to lactose), generating a simple feedback loop whereby the substrate effects repressor-activator antagonism...
- Nitric oxide-mediated cytoprotection of hepatocytes from glucose deprivation-induced cytotoxicity: involvement of heme oxygenase-1Byung Min Choi
Medicinal Resources Research Center MRRC and the Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Wonkwang University School of Medicine, Iksan, Chonbuk, South Korea
Hepatology 37:810-23. 2003..Thus, HO-1 might be an important cellular target of NO donor with clinical implications for the prevention of acute liver injury in several pathological conditions...
- Heme oxygenase and angiogenic activity of endothelial cells: stimulation by carbon monoxide and inhibition by tin protoporphyrin-IXAlicja Jozkowicz
Department of Vascular Surgery, University of Vienna, Austria
Antioxid Redox Signal 5:155-62. 2003..Thus, HO activity up-regulates VEGF production and augments the capability of endothelial cells to respond to exogenous stimulation...
- Heme oxygenase-1-related carbon monoxide production and ventricular fibrillation in isolated ischemic/reperfused mouse myocardiumIstvan Bak
Department of Pharmacology, Health and Science Center, University of Debrecen, Nagyerdei krt 98, 4032 Debrecen, Hungary
FASEB J 17:2133-5. 2003..Thus, interventions that are able to increase endogenous CO may prevent the development of VF...
- Carbon monoxide protects against liver failure through nitric oxide-induced heme oxygenase 1Brian S Zuckerbraun
Department of Surgery, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Exp Med 198:1707-16. 2003..is known that CO can induce production of NO and that NO can induce expression of the cytoprotective enzyme heme oxygenase 1 (HO-1), there is no information whether the protective effect of CO ever requires NO production or whether ..
- Role of heme oxygenase-1 in hydrogen peroxide-induced VEGF synthesis: effect of HO-1 knockoutJarosław Cisowski
Faculty of Biotechnology, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 326:670-6. 2005..Additionally, knock out of HO-1 gene impaired induction of VEGF by hemin, lysophosphatidylcholine, and prostaglandin-J(2). Our results provide confirmation for the involvement of HO-1 in regulation of angiogenesis...
- HO-1 upregulation suppresses type 1 IFN pathway in hepatic ischemia/reperfusion injuryS Tsuchihashi
The Dumont UCLA Transplant Center, Department of Surgery, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095 7054, USA
Transplant Proc 37:1677-8. 2005..In contrast, adjunctive CoPP treatment decreased IP-10 levels in mouse livers infused with rIFN-beta. Thus, CoPP-induced HO-1 upregulation suppresses type-1 IFN pathway downstream of TLR4 system in hepatic warm I/R injury model...
- MCP-1 is up-regulated in unstressed and stressed HO-1 knockout mice: Pathophysiologic correlatesSiobhan T Pittock
Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Kidney Int 68:611-22. 2005..The present study was stimulated by the hypothesis that expression of MCP-1 is suppressed by HO-1, and analyzed the effect of HO-1 on the expression of MCP-1 in stressed and unstressed conditions...
- Glutamate induces oxidative stress and apoptosis in cerebral vascular endothelial cells: contributions of HO-1 and HO-2 to cytoprotectionHelena Parfenova
Department of Physiology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, 894 Union Ave, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 290:C1399-410. 2006..Although HO-1, when induced, provides powerful protection, HO-2 is an essential endogenous anti-apoptotic factor against glutamate toxicity in the cerebral vascular endothelium...
- Inhibition of heme oxygenase-1 interferes with the transforming activity of the Kaposi sarcoma herpesvirus-encoded G protein-coupled receptorMaria Julia Marinissen
Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas A Sols Universidad Autónoma de Madrid Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas, Departamento de Bioquimica, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Madrid 28029, Spain
J Biol Chem 281:11332-46. 2006..These data postulate HO-1 as an important mediator of vGPCR-induced tumor growth and suggest that inhibition of intratumoral HO-1 activity by SnPP may be a potential therapeutic strategy...
- Basal rather than induced heme oxygenase-1 levels are crucial in the antioxidant cytoprotectionSei Ichiro Tsuchihashi
Division of Liver and Pancreas Transplantation, Department of Surgery, Dumont University of California Los Angeles Transplant Center, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Immunol 177:4749-57. 2006..This model provides an opportunity to further our understanding of HO-1 in stress defense mechanisms and design new regimens to prevent IRI...
- Mitochondrial localization and function of heme oxygenase-1 in cigarette smoke-induced cell deathDirk Jan Slebos
Division of Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, MUH 628NW, 3459 Fifth Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 36:409-17. 2007..We demonstrate the functional compartmentalization of heme oxygenase-1 in the mitochondria of lung epithelial cells, and its potential role in defense against mitochondria-mediated cell death during CSE exposure...
- Heme oxygenase-1 is not required for mouse regulatory T cell development and functionSantiago Zelenay
Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciencia, Rua da Quinta Grande, 6, Apartado 14, 2780 901 Oeiras, Portugal
Int Immunol 19:11-8. 2007..We compared wild-type and heme oxygenase-1-deficient (hmox-1(-/-)) mice in order to assess the role of HO-1 in mouse Treg development and function under physiologic ..
- Heme oxygenase-1 and carbon monoxide suppress autoimmune neuroinflammationAngelo A Chora
Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciencia, Oeiras, Portugal Departamento de Imunologia, Faculdade de Ciencias Medicas, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Lisbon, Portugal
J Clin Invest 117:438-47. 2007..In conclusion, HO-1 or exposure to its end product CO counters autoimmune neuroinflammation and thus might be used therapeutically to treat MS...
- Stromal cell-derived factor 1 promotes angiogenesis via a heme oxygenase 1-dependent mechanismJessy Deshane
Department of Medicine, Nephrology Research and Training Center and Center for Free Radical Biology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
J Exp Med 204:605-18. 2007..We provide direct evidence demonstrating an important role for heme oxygenase 1 (HO-1) in mediating the proangiogenic effects of SDF-1...
- Pharmacologic induction of heme oxygenase 1 reduces acute inflammatory arthritis in miceMourad Benallaoua
INSERM U 747, and Universite Paris Descartes, 45 Rue des Saintes Pères, 75006 Paris, France
Arthritis Rheum 56:2585-94. 2007To determine the consequences of pharmacologic up-regulation of heme oxygenase 1 (HO-1), and inhibition of HO-1 by injection of an anti-HO-1 small interfering RNA (siRNA), in vivo in the acute phase of a mouse model of nonautoimmune ..
- Heme oxygenase-1-derived carbon monoxide induces the Mycobacterium tuberculosis dormancy regulonAshwani Kumar
Department of Microbiology, Nephrology Research and Training Center, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
J Biol Chem 283:18032-9. 2008..We conclude that CO, a previously unrecognized host factor, is a physiologically relevant Mtb signal capable of inducing the Dos regulon, which introduces a new paradigm for understanding the molecular basis of Mtb persistence...
- Heme oxygenase-1 deficiency leads to disrupted response to acute stress in stem cells and progenitorsYu An Cao
Departments of Pediatrics, Stanford University School of Medicine, CA, USA
Blood 112:4494-502. 2008..Control of stem cell stress response by HO-1 presents opportunities for metabolic manipulation of stem cell-based therapies...
- Suppression by CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells is dependent on expression of heme oxygenase-1 in antigen-presenting cellsJames F George
Departments of Surgery, Nephrology Research and Training Center, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Am J Pathol 173:154-60. 2008..These findings demonstrate that HO-1 activity in antigen-presenting cells is important for Treg-mediated suppression, providing an explanation for the apparent defect in immune regulation in HO-1(-/-) mice...
- Heme oxygenase-1 promotes neovascularization in ischemic heart by coinduction of VEGF and SDF-1Heng Huei Lin
Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, Taipei 115, Taiwan, ROC
J Mol Cell Cardiol 45:44-55. 2008..These data suggest that cardiac HO-1 gene transfer post MI provides protection at least in part by promoting neovascularization through inducing angiogenic factors and the recruitment of circulating progenitor/stem cells...
- Heme oxygenase-1 and the vascular bed: from molecular mechanisms to therapeutic opportunitiesAgnieszka Loboda
Department of Medical Biotechnology, Faculty of Biochemistry, Biophysics and Biotechnology, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland
Antioxid Redox Signal 10:1767-812. 2008....
- Heme oxygenase-1 regulates cardiac mitochondrial biogenesis via Nrf2-mediated transcriptional control of nuclear respiratory factor-1Claude A Piantadosi
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Circ Res 103:1232-40. 2008....
- Bach1 modulates heme oxygenase-1 expression in the neonatal mouse lungSacha Kassovska-Bratinova
Division of Neonatology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Pediatr Res 65:145-9. 2009..These data suggest that elevated levels of Bach1 may help to limit HO-1 induction in the newborn at baseline and in response to oxidative stress...
- Heme oxygenase-1 expression enhances vascular endothelial resistance to complement-mediated injury through induction of decay-accelerating factor: a role for increased bilirubin and ferritinAnne R Kinderlerer
Bywaters Center for Vascular Inflammation, Cardiovascular Sciences, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London, London, UK
Blood 113:1598-607. 2009....
- Hepatocyte-specific deletion of heme oxygenase-1 disrupts redox homeostasis in basal and oxidative environmentsTakashi Mamiya
Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences and Center for Tsukuba Advanced Research Alliance, Exploratory Research for Advanced Technology Japan Science and Technology Corporation, Tsukuba, Japan
Tohoku J Exp Med 216:331-9. 2008..HO-1 CKO mice were susceptible to carbon tetrachloride hepatotoxicity. These results provide the first in vivo evidence that HO-1 acts to protect cells against the oxidative stress in both basal conditions and upon chemical insult...
- Cytoprotective function of heme oxygenase 1 induced by a nitrated cyclic nucleotide formed during murine salmonellosisMohammad Hasan Zaki
Department of Microbiology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto, Japan
J Immunol 182:3746-56. 2009..In this study, we report a unique signal pathway for cytoprotection during Salmonella infection that involves heme oxygenase 1 (HO-1) induced by a nitrated cyclic nucleotide, 8-nitroguanosine 3',5'-cyclic monophosphate (8-nitro-cGMP)...
- Myeloid heme oxygenase-1 regulates innate immunity and autoimmunity by modulating IFN-beta productionSotiria Tzima
Biomedical Sciences Research Center Alexander Fleming, Vari 166 72, Greece
J Exp Med 206:1167-79. 2009..These results uncover a novel direct function for myeloid HO-1 in the regulation of IFN-beta production, establishing HO-1 as a critical early mediator of the innate immune response...
- Heme oxygenase 1 determines atherosclerotic lesion progression into a vulnerable plaqueCaroline Cheng
Molecular Cardiology Laboratory, Experimental Cardiology, Thoraxcenter, Erasmus University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam 3015 CE, The Netherlands
Circulation 119:3017-27. 2009The molecular regulation for the transition from stable to vulnerable plaque remains to be elucidated. Heme oxygenase 1 (HO-1) and its metabolites have been implicated in the cytoprotective defense against oxidative injury in ..
- Heme oxygenase-1 increases endothelial progenitor cellsBen J Wu
Centre for Vascular Research, School of Medical Sciences and Bosch Institute, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 29:1537-42. 2009..As endothelial progenitor cells (EPCs) contribute to reendothelialization, we examined the role of HO-1 on bone marrow and circulating EPCs...
- Nitric oxide and mitochondrial biogenesis in sepsisClaude A Piantadosi; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Karl A Nath; Fiscal Year: 2016..Our proposed application thus continues to pursue the functionality of HO-1, as it utilized a new strategy, transgenic mice, and as it defines a new area of involvement namely, renal inflammation. ..
- Lung Injury Protection by Coagulation BlockadeCLAUDE PIANTADOSI; Fiscal Year: 2008..A successfully optimized strategy could greatly attenuate persistence of pulmonary inflammation and facilitate the resolution of human ARDS. ..
- HEMEOXYGENASE1--REGULATION AND FUNCTION AFTER HYPEROXIAPATTY LEE; Fiscal Year: 2002..3) Determine the functional role of HO-1 after hyperoxia in vitro following hyperoxia. 4) Determine the functional role of HO-1 after hyperoxia in vivo using HO- 1 transgenic and knock-out mice. ..
- Eicosanoid Balance in Lung Transplant Injury and RepairDavid Pinsky; Fiscal Year: 2009..This grant seeks to understand the balance between these injurious and protective substances, to develop strategies which may tip the balance in favor of protecting transplanted lungs from lethal injury. ..
- PRESERVATION AND CARDIAC TRANSPLANT VASCULOPATHYDavid Pinsky; Fiscal Year: 2003..These experiments will provide new insights into mechanisms by which early ischemic injury leads to early graft failure and TCAD, and proffer new strategies for prevention. ..
- BIOLOGY AND CONTROL OF LYME DISEASE BORRELIAAlan Barbour; Fiscal Year: 2004..burgdorferi, its transmission, and reservoir host immunize responses. The results may also have relevance for the control of other vector-bone zoonotic diseases and perhaps for development of novel methods for vaccine delivery. ..
- LEUKOREGULATION BY CD39 IN LUNG ISCHEMIA AND INFLAMMATI*David Pinsky; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- THROMBOREGULATORY ROLE OF CD39 (ECTOADPASE) IN STROKEDavid Pinsky; Fiscal Year: 2004..This collaboration, based on compelling feasibility data and historical collaborative success, will advance the understanding of CD39 thromboregulation, and lead to a novel therapeutic agent for thrombotic diatheses. ..
- LEUKOCYTE ADHESION RECEPTORS AND THROMBOSIS IN STROKEDavid Pinsky; Fiscal Year: 2006..Overall these studies will identify unifying molecular events which link micro vascular coagulation and inflammation in stroke. ..
- THE VASCULAR BIOLOGY OF LUNG PRESERVATIONDavid Pinsky; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies may lead to harnessing inspired "toxic" gases to improve outcomes after lung transplantation. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Regulation of heme uptake in intestinal epithelial cellsAliye Uc; Fiscal Year: 2007..heme uptake pathways will have a great impact in understanding disorders associated with iron overload (hereditary hemochromatosis, iron overload secondary to blood transfusions) and nutritional iron deficiency [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Characterization of Pancreatic Disease in a Novel Porcine Cystic Fibrosis ModelAliye Uc; Fiscal Year: 2010..The goal of this application is to fully characterize pancreatic involvement in our novel CF pig model and to better understand the pathophysiological mechanisms leading to PI in CF. ..
- Regulation of Heme Uptake and Transport in Caco-2 CellsAliye Uc; Fiscal Year: 2007..g. hereditary hemochromatosis, iron overload secondary to blood transfusions) and explore the role of intestinal epithelial cell bi-directional heme movement on the regulation of iron stores. ..
- Iron Therapy in Renal Disease: Potential ToxicitiesRICHARD ZAGER; Fiscal Year: 2008..Potential reasons for these differences will be assessed, with the ultimate goal of defining the safest way of administering parenteral irons to renal disease patients. ..
- Elucidation of nitric oxide resistance mechanisms in motor neuronsAmy Bishop; Fiscal Year: 2008..IAR is dependent on the heme metabolizing enzyme, heme oxygenase 1 (HO-1)...
- ARGINASE AND ARTERIAL INJURYWilliam Durante; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Role of Cysteine-rich Protein 2 in Vascular DiseaseShaw Fang Yet; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF BONE MARROW INDUCED TOLERANCEJames George; Fiscal Year: 2003..The information generated will provide information regarding the specific cellular and subcellular events that are critical to the induction and maintenance of tolerance in this system. ..
- ACUTE RENAL FAILURE--IMPACT OF FLUORINATED ANESTHETICSRICHARD ZAGER; Fiscal Year: 2001....