Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Grb2
Description: growth factor receptor bound protein 2
Alias: AA408164, Ash, growth factor receptor-bound protein 2, SH2/SH3 adapter GRB2, adapter protein GRB2
Publications122 found, 100 shown here
- Disruption of T cell signaling networks and development by Grb2 haploid insufficiencyQ Gong
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Nat Immunol 2:29-36. 2001..We show here that decreased expression of the adaptor protein Grb2 in Grb2+/- mice weakens TCR-induced c-Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK) and p38, but not extracellular signal-regulated ..
- Erythropoietin receptor Y479 couples to ERK1/2 activation via recruitment of phospholipase CgammaAdrienne Halupa
Division of Stem Cell and Developmetal Biology, Ontario Cancer Institute, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 2M9
Exp Cell Res 309:1-11. 2005..Furthermore, we demonstrate interaction of PLCgamma1 with Grb2 and SOS2...
- The SH2 and SH3 domain-containing protein GRB2 links receptor tyrosine kinases to ras signalingE J Lowenstein
Department of Pharmacology, New York University Medical Center, New York 10016
Cell 70:431-42. 1992A cDNA clone encoding a novel, widely expressed protein (called growth factor receptor-bound protein 2 or GRB2) containing one src homology 2 (SH2) domain and two SH3 domains was isolated...
- Phosphorylation of receptor protein-tyrosine phosphatase alpha on Tyr789, a binding site for the SH3-SH2-SH3 adaptor protein GRB-2 in vivoJ den Hertog
Salk Institute, Molecular Biology and Virology Laboratory, La Jolla, CA 92037
EMBO J 13:3020-32. 1994..on the C-terminal side of Tyr789 (YANF) fits the consensus binding site for the SH3-SH2-SH3 adaptor protein GRB2 (YXNX)...
- Molecular cloning of the mouse grb2 gene: differential interaction of the Grb2 adaptor protein with epidermal growth factor and nerve growth factor receptorsK L Suen
Department of Molecular Biology, Bristol Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Princeton, New Jersey 08543 4000
Mol Cell Biol 13:5500-12. 1993We report the isolation and molecular characterization of the mouse grb2 gene...
- The GTPase dynamin binds to and is activated by a subset of SH3 domainsI Gout
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, London, England
Cell 75:25-36. 1993..occurs through proline-rich sequence motifs similar to those that mediate the interaction of the SH3 domains of Grb2 and Abl proteins to the guanine nucleotide exchange protein, Sos, and to the 3BP1 protein, respectively...
- The SH2 and SH3 domains of mammalian Grb2 couple the EGF receptor to the Ras activator mSos1M Rozakis-Adcock
Division of Molecular and Developmental Biology, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Nature 363:83-5. 1993..Sem-5 is homologous to the mammalian protein Grb2, which binds the autophosphorylated EGF receptor and other phosphotyrosine-containing proteins such as Shc through ..
- Uncoupling of Grb2 from the Met receptor in vivo reveals complex roles in muscle developmentF Maina
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Heidelberg, Federal Republic of Germany
Cell 87:531-42. 1996..In contrast, disrupting the consensus for Grb2 binding allowed development to proceed to term without affecting placenta and liver but caused a striking reduction ..
- A lipid-anchored Grb2-binding protein that links FGF-receptor activation to the Ras/MAPK signaling pathwayH Kouhara
Department of Pharmacology, New York University Medical Center, New York 10016, USA
Cell 89:693-702. 1997..cloning, and characterization of a novel protein, designated FRS2, that is tyrosine phosphorylated and binds to Grb2/Sos in response to FGF or NGF stimulation...
- Multiple Grb2-mediated integrin-stimulated signaling pathways to ERK2/mitogen-activated protein kinase: summation of both c-Src- and focal adhesion kinase-initiated tyrosine phosphorylation eventsD D Schlaepfer
Department of Immunology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Mol Cell Biol 18:2571-85. 1998..in the Triton-insoluble cell fraction, and the time course of FN-stimulated ERK2 activation paralleled that of Grb2 binding to FAK at Tyr-925 and Grb2 binding to Shc...
- Mammalian Grb2 regulates multiple steps in embryonic development and malignant transformationA M Cheng
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cell 95:793-803. 1998..the biological functions of a mammalian SH2/SH3 adaptor, we have introduced a null mutation into the mouse gene for Grb2. Analysis of mutant embryonic stem cells, embryos, and chimeras reveals that Grb2 is required during embyrogenesis ..
- Ajuba, a novel LIM protein, interacts with Grb2, augments mitogen-activated protein kinase activity in fibroblasts, and promotes meiotic maturation of Xenopus oocytes in a Grb2- and Ras-dependent mannerR K Goyal
Departments of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Mol Cell Biol 19:4379-89. 1999..The pre-LIM domain contains two putative proline-rich SH3 recognition motifs. Ajuba specifically associated with Grb2 in vitro and in vivo...
- Coupling of Gab1 to c-Met, Grb2, and Shp2 mediates biological responsesU Schaeper
Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, 13092 Berlin, Germany
J Cell Biol 149:1419-32. 2000..In addition, Gab1 is engaged in a constitutive complex with the adaptor protein Grb2. We have now mapped the c-Met and Grb2 interaction sites using reverse yeast two-hybrid technology...
- 'Srcasm: a novel Src activating and signaling moleculeJohn T Seykora
Department of Dermatology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 277:2812-22. 2002..Srcasm is capable of interacting with Grb2 and the regulatory subunit of phosphoinositide 3-kinase, p85, in a phosphorylation-dependent manner...
- The importance of three membrane-distal tyrosines in the adaptor protein NTAL/LABSurapong Koonpaew
Department of Immunology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Biol Chem 279:11229-35. 2004..Upon engagement of the B cell receptor or Fc receptors, it is phosphorylated and interacts with Grb2. LAB is capable of rescuing thymocyte development in LAT(-/-) mice...
- Neph1 cooperates with nephrin to transduce a signal that induces actin polymerizationPuneet Garg
University of Michigan Medical School, Division of Nephrology, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5676, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:8698-712. 2007..Upon engagement, Neph1 is phosphorylated on specific tyrosine residues by Fyn, which results in the recruitment of Grb2, an event that is necessary for Neph1-induced actin polymerization at the plasma membrane...
- Themis is a member of a new metazoan gene family and is required for the completion of thymocyte positive selectionAndy L Johnson
Nuffield Department of Clinical Medicine, Oxford University, UK
Nat Immunol 10:831-9. 2009..Our data suggest a unique function for Themis in sustaining positive selection...
- Themis, a T cell-specific protein important for late thymocyte developmentRenaud Lesourne
Laboratory of Mammalian Genes and Development, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Nat Immunol 10:840-7. 2009..Our results identify Themis as a critical component of the T cell developmental program and suggest that Themis functions to sustain and/or integrate signals required for proper lineage commitment and maturation...
- Interaction domains of Sos1/Grb2 are finely tuned for cooperative control of embryonic stem cell fateGreg M Findlay
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, ON M5G 1X5, Canada
Cell 152:1008-20. 2013..The Ras guanine nucleotide exchange factor (RasGEF) Sos1 and its adaptor Grb2 are multidomain proteins that couple fibroblast growth factor (FGF) signaling to activation of the Ras-Erk pathway ..
- Grb2 promotes integrin-induced focal adhesion kinase (FAK) autophosphorylation and directs the phosphorylation of protein tyrosine phosphatase α by the Src-FAK kinase complexSuzanne Y S Cheng
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 34:348-61. 2014..The adaptor protein Grb2 is also recruited by PTPα-phospho-Tyr789, although the role of the PTPα-Grb2 complex in integrin signaling is ..
- Association of the Shc and Grb2/Sem5 SH2-containing proteins is implicated in activation of the Ras pathway by tyrosine kinasesM Rozakis-Adcock
Division of Molecular and Developmental Biology, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Nature 360:689-92. 1992..Shc proteins form a specific complex with a non-phosphorylated 23K polypeptide encoded by the grb2/sem-5 gene...
- Identification of a ten-amino acid proline-rich SH3 binding siteR Ren
Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021
Science 259:1157-61. 1993..Identification of the SH3 binding site provides a basis for understanding the interaction between the SH3 domains and their targets...
- Tyrosine phosphorylation of the EGF receptor by the kinase Jak2 is induced by growth hormoneT Yamauchi
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
Nature 390:91-6. 1997..activation that are triggered by growth hormone are poorly understood, but appear to be mediated by the proteins Grb2 and Shc...
- The ShcA phosphotyrosine docking protein sensitizes cardiovascular signaling in the mouse embryoK M Lai
Programme in Molecular Biology and Cancer, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X5 Canada
Genes Dev 14:1132-45. 2000..ShcA may therefore orchestrate complex interactions within the vascular compartment by rendering cells permissive to respond to soluble and adhesive external cues...
- Overexpression of Grb2 in inflammatory lesions and preneoplastic foci and tumors induced by N-nitrosodimethylamine in Helicobacter hepaticus-infected and -noninfected A/J miceB A Diwan
Intramural Research Support Program, SAIC Frederick, National Cancer Institute Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Maryland 21702 1201, USA
Toxicol Pathol 28:548-54. 2000..and subsequent binding to proteins with SH2 domains, including growth factor receptor-bound protein 2 (Grb2)...
- A deubiquitinating enzyme UBPY interacts with the Src homology 3 domain of Hrs-binding protein via a novel binding motif PX(V/I)(D/N)RXXKPM Kato
Department of Biological Sciences, Graduate School of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Nagatsuta, Midori ku, Yokohama 226 8501, Japan
J Biol Chem 275:37481-7. 2000..Ubiquitination of growth factor receptors is thought to regulate their intracellular degradation. Thus, UBPY may play a regulatory role in the degradation by interaction with the SH3 domain of Hbp via the novel SH3-binding motif...
- Meltrin alpha cytoplasmic domain interacts with SH3 domains of Src and Grb2 and is phosphorylated by v-SrcA Suzuki
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Chiba University, Japan
Oncogene 19:5842-50. 2000..Full-length Grb2/Ash bound strongly, whereas its N-terminal SH3 domain alone did less strongly...
- Magicin, a novel cytoskeletal protein associates with the NF2 tumor suppressor merlin and Grb2Thorsten Wiederhold
Molecular Neurogenetics Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Oncogene 23:8815-25. 2004..We report a novel protein as a merlin-specific binding partner that we have named magicin (merlin and Grb2 interacting cytoskeletal protein) and show that the two proteins interact in vitro and in vivo as well as ..
- Efficient suppression of FGF-2-induced ERK activation by the cooperative interaction among mammalian Sprouty isoformsKei Ichi Ozaki
Laboratory of Cell Regulation, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki University, 1 14, Bunkyo Machi, Nagasaki 852 8521, Japan
J Cell Sci 118:5861-71. 2005..Sprouty1 specifically interacts with Grb2, whereas Sprouty4 interacts with Sos1...
- Early lineage segregation between epiblast and primitive endoderm in mouse blastocysts through the Grb2-MAPK pathwayClaire Chazaud
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario M5G1X5, Canada
Dev Cell 10:615-24. 2006..5 to either lineage. In embryos lacking Grb2 where no PE forms, Gata6 expression was lost and all ICM cells were Nanog positive...
- Hepatocyte growth factor regulates migration of olfactory interneuron precursors in the rostral migratory stream through Met-Grb2 couplingDonatella Garzotto
Department of Animal and Human Biology, University of Turin, 10123 Turin, Italy
J Neurosci 28:5901-9. 2008..with a point mutation in the Met receptor that impairs signal transduction through the Ras/MAP kinase pathway (Met(Grb2/Grb2)) shows that without Met-Grb2 binding, neuroblast migration is reduced...
- Downregulation of Grb2 contributes to the insulin-sensitizing effect of calorie restrictionXianling Liu
Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 296:E1067-75. 2009..found that CR of mice (60% of the diet consumption compared with ad libitum mice) reduces the expression levels of Grb2 in skeletal muscle, an insulin target tissue that accounts for 85% of insulin-stimulated blood glucose clearance...
- Tyrosine phosphorylation of Grb2: role in prolactin/epidermal growth factor cross talk in mammary epithelial cell growth and differentiationEric Haines
Hormones and Cancer Research Unit, Department of Medicine, McGill University, Royal Victoria Hospital, 687 Pine Avenue West, Montreal, Quebec H3A 1A1, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 29:2505-20. 2009..We identify tyrosine phosphorylation of the growth factor receptor-bound protein 2 (Grb2) as a critical mechanism by which PRL antagonizes EGF-induced cell proliferation by attenuating the activation of ..
- Direct binding of Grb2 SH3 domain to FGFR2 regulates SHP2 functionZamal Ahmed
Department of Structural and Molecular Biology, University College London, Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT, UK
Cell Signal 22:23-33. 2010The adaptor protein Grb2 is recruited to intracellular early signalling complexes of many receptor tyrosine kinases and plays an important role transducing signals leading to MAP kinase activation...
- KIF26A is an unconventional kinesin and regulates GDNF-Ret signaling in enteric neuronal developmentRuyun Zhou
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Cell 139:802-13. 2009..for GDNF-Ret signaling, and we find that KIF26A suppressed GDNF-Ret signaling by direct binding and inhibition of Grb2, an essential component of GDNF/Akt/ERK signaling...
- Ectopic expression of GATA6 bypasses requirement for Grb2 in primitive endoderm formationYing Wang
Cell and Developmental Biology Graduate Program, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida
Dev Dyn 240:566-76. 2011Gene knockouts in mice have showed that Grb2 and GATA6 are essential for the formation of primitive endoderm in blastocysts...
- GRB2 interaction with the ecotropic murine leukemia virus receptor, mCAT-1, controls virus entry and is stimulated by virus bindingZeming Chen
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas, USA
J Virol 86:1421-32. 2012..Growth factor receptor-bound protein 2 (GRB2) is an adaptor protein that has been shown to couple cell surface receptors, such as epidermal growth factor ..
- Interchangeability of Themis1 and Themis2 in thymocyte development reveals two related proteins with conserved molecular functionRenaud Lesourne
Program in Genomics of Differentiation, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Immunol 189:1154-61. 2012..Although Themis1 has been shown to bind to the adaptor proteins LAT and Grb2, previous studies have yielded conflicting results regarding whether thymocytes from Themis1(-/-) mice exhibit TCR-..
- Quantitative proteomics analysis of signalosome dynamics in primary T cells identifies the surface receptor CD6 as a Lat adaptor-independent TCR signaling hubRomain Roncagalli
1 Centre d Immunologie de Marseille Luminy, UM2 Aix Marseille Université, Marseille, France 2 INSERM U1104, Marseille, France 3 Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique UMR7280, Marseille, France 4
Nat Immunol 15:384-92. 2014..Our findings provide a more complete model of TCR signaling in which CD6 constitutes a signaling hub that contributes to the diversification of TCR signaling. ..
- TRAF6-mediated degradation of DOK3 is required for production of IL-6 and TNFα in TLR9 signalingNing Liu
Central Laboratory, The Second Hospital of Jilin University, Changchun 130041, China
Mol Immunol 68:699-705. 2015..More importantly, our study uncovers a novel role of an E3 ligase TRAF6, namely, TRAF6 is also able to catalyse Lys 48 polyubiquitylation of target protein except for Lys 63 polyubiquitylation. ..
- The autism-associated MET receptor tyrosine kinase engages early neuronal growth mechanism and controls glutamatergic circuits development in the forebrainY Peng
Department of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Arizona College of Medicine Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ, USA
Mol Psychiatry 21:925-35. 2016..Dysregulated MET signaling may lead to pathological changes in forebrain maturation and connectivity, and thus contribute to the emergence of neurological symptoms associated with ASD. ..
- c-Cbl is inducibly tyrosine-phosphorylated by epidermal growth factor stimulation in fibroblasts, and constitutively tyrosine-phosphorylated and associated with v-Src in v-src-transformed fibroblastsH Odai
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo
Jpn J Cancer Res 86:1119-26. 1995..These findings strongly suggest that c-Cbl is implicated in a wide variety of signal transduction pathways, including those of EGF receptor and Src protein, as well as in the signaling pathways of hematopoietic cells...
- Disabled-2 (Dab2) is an SH3 domain-binding partner of Grb2X X Xu
Department of Biochemistry, and Winship Cancer Center, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Oncogene 16:1561-9. 1998..The proline-rich sequences of Sos mediate the interaction of Sos with Grb2, an adaptor protein which coupled tyrosine kinase receptors to Sos...
- Separation and characterization of the activated pool of colony-stimulating factor 1 receptor forming distinct multimeric complexes with signalling molecules in macrophagesV Kanagasundaram
Department of Medicine, University of Melbourne, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Parkville, Victoria 3050, Australia
Mol Cell Biol 19:4079-92. 1999..A small pool of CSF-1R formed a multimeric complex with phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase (PI-3 kinase), SHP-1, Grb2, Shc, c-Src, Cbl, and a significant number of tyrosine-phosphorylated proteins in CSF-1-stimulated cells...
- CD22 regulates B cell receptor-mediated signals via two domains that independently recruit Grb2 and SHP-1K L Otipoby
Department of Immunology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Biol Chem 276:44315-22. 2001..Furthermore, Grb2 is inducibly recruited to CD22 in human and murine B cells...
- The docking protein FRS2alpha is an essential component of multiple fibroblast growth factor responses during early mouse developmentN Gotoh
Department of Pharmacology, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar Street, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:4105-16. 2005..These experiments underscore the critical role of FRS2alpha in mediating multiple processes during embryonic development and reveal a potential new link between FGF and Bmp4 signaling pathways in early embryogenesis...
- ShcA signalling is essential for tumour progression in mouse models of human breast cancerJosie Ursini-Siegel
Department of Medicine, McGill University, McGill University Health Center, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
EMBO J 27:910-20. 2008..This study is the first to directly demonstrate that signalling downstream from the ShcA adaptor protein is critical for breast cancer development...
- HER2 stabilizes EGFR and itself by altering autophosphorylation patterns in a manner that overcomes regulatory mechanisms and promotes proliferative and transformation signalingZ Hartman
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA
Oncogene 32:4169-80. 2013..growth factor receptor (EGFR) tyrosine phosphorylation on Y1045 and Y1068, the known docking sites of c-Cbl and Grb2, respectively, whereas promoting phosphorylation on Y1173, the known docking site of the Gab adaptor proteins and ..
- Interleukin-11 induces complex formation of Grb2, Fyn, and JAK2 in 3T3L1 cellsX Y Wang
Department of Medicine Hematology Oncology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202, USA
J Biol Chem 270:27999-8002. 1995..By immunoblotting and immunoprecipitation, we further demonstrate the association of tyrosine phosphoproteins with Grb2, an adaptor protein serving as a key intermediate for Ras activation...
- Mapping GRB2, a signal transduction gene in the human and the mouseI G Yulug
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, St Mary s Hospital Medical School, Imperial College, London, United Kingdom
Genomics 22:313-8. 1994We have mapped GRB2, a signal transduction gene whose protein product is an essential component of the pathway between tyrosine kinases (such as the epidermal growth factor receptor) and downstream proteins (such as Ras and Sos)...
- Association of the vav proto-oncogene product with poly(rC)-specific RNA-binding proteinsX R Bustelo
Department of Molecular Biology, Bristol Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Princeton, New Jersey 08543 4000
Mol Cell Biol 15:1324-32. 1995..These results suggest that Vav plays a role in the regulation of the late steps of RNA biogenesis by modulating the function of poly(rC)-specific ribonucleoproteins...
- Integrin-mediated signal transduction linked to Ras pathway by GRB2 binding to focal adhesion kinaseD D Schlaepfer
Molecular Biology and Virology Laboratory, Salk Institute, San Diego, California 92186
Nature 372:786-91. 1994..we show that adhesion of murine NIH3T3 fibroblasts to fibronectin promotes SH2-domain-mediated association of the GRB2 adaptor protein and the c-Src protein-tyrosine kinase (PTK) with FAK in vivo, and also results in activation of ..
- Mutation of Tyr697, a GRB2-binding site, and Tyr721, a PI 3-kinase binding site, abrogates signal transduction by the murine CSF-1 receptor expressed in Rat-2 fibroblastsP van der Geer
Molecular Biology and Virology Laboratory, Salk Institute, San Diego, CA 92186 5800
EMBO J 12:5161-72. 1993..Tyr721 has been identified recently as the binding site for PI 3-kinase. Here we report that GRB2 associates with the CSF-1 receptor upon ligand binding...
- Differential activation of the Ras/extracellular-signal-regulated protein kinase pathway is responsible for the biological consequences induced by the Axl receptor tyrosine kinaseY W Fridell
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, Department of Pharmacology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill 27599 7295, USA
Mol Cell Biol 16:135-45. 1996..Furthermore, our data suggest that the GAS6-Axl interaction does not induce mitogenesis and that its exact role remains to be determined...
- Evidence for in vivo phosphorylation of the Grb2 SH2-domain binding site on focal adhesion kinase by Src-family protein-tyrosine kinasesD D Schlaepfer
Molecular Biology and Virology Laboratory, Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Mol Cell Biol 16:5623-33. 1996..We showed previously that the c-Src nonreceptor PTK and the Grb2 SH2/SH3 adaptor protein bound directly to FAK after fibronectin stimulation (D. D. Schlaepfer, S.K. Hanks, T...
- A yeast three-hybrid method to clone ternary protein complex componentsJ Zhang
Guilford Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Anal Biochem 242:68-72. 1996..Using epidermal growth factor (EGF) receptor, Grb2 and Sos proteins as an example, we demonstrated the use of the three-hybrid system to detect formation of a three-..
- Identification of a novel 135-kDa Grb2-binding protein in osteoclastsM Sahni
Department of Cell Biology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
J Biol Chem 271:33141-7. 1996..Since the ubiquitously expressed adaptor protein Grb2 plays an important role in several tyrosine kinase signal transduction pathways, we used a filter binding assay to ..
- Solution structure of the Grb2 N-terminal SH3 domain complexed with a ten-residue peptide derived from SOS: direct refinement against NOEs, J-couplings and 1H and 13C chemical shiftsM Wittekind
Macromolecular NMR Department, Bristol Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Princeton, NJ 08543 4000, USA
J Mol Biol 267:933-52. 1997Refined ensembles of solution structures have been calculated for the N-terminal SH3 domain of Grb2 (N-SH3) complexed with the ac-VPPPVPPRRR-nh2 peptide derived from residues 1135 to 1144 of the mouse SOS-1 sequence...
- NIK is a new Ste20-related kinase that binds NCK and MEKK1 and activates the SAPK/JNK cascade via a conserved regulatory domainY C Su
New York University Medical Center, Department of Pharmacology, Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, NY 10016, USA
EMBO J 16:1279-90. 1997..These findings indicate that the C-terminal domain of these proteins encodes a new protein domain family and suggests that this domain couples these kinases to the SAPK pathway, possibly by interacting with MEKK1 or related kinases...
- Growth factor receptor-bound protein 2 (Grb2) association with hemopoietic specific protein 1: linkage between Lck and Grb2Y Takemoto
Institute of Immunology, Syntex Roche, Chiba, Japan
J Immunol 161:625-30. 1998To analyze the growth factor receptor-bound protein 2 (Grb2) signaling pathway in lymphoid cells, we used expression cloning to isolate the genes encoding proteins that associate with Grb2...
- Pyk2 and Src-family protein-tyrosine kinases compensate for the loss of FAK in fibronectin-stimulated signaling events but Pyk2 does not fully function to enhance FAK- cell migrationD J Sieg
The Scripps Research Institute, Department of Immunology, IMM 26, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
EMBO J 17:5933-47. 1998..Increased Pyk2 tyrosine phosphorylation paralleled the time-course of Grb2 binding to Shc and activation of ERK2 in FAK- cells...
- Analysis of tyrosine phosphorylation-dependent interactions between stimulatory effector proteins and the B cell co-receptor CD22J Yohannan
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555, USA
J Biol Chem 274:18769-76. 1999..recruitment of the stimulatory effector proteins phospholipase Cgamma (PLCgamma), phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K), Grb2, and Syk...
- Identification of Tek/Tie2 binding partners. Binding to a multifunctional docking site mediates cell survival and migrationN Jones
Division of Cancer Biology Research, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M4N 3M5
J Biol Chem 274:30896-905. 1999..Using this approach, we demonstrate that five molecules, Grb2, Grb7, Grb14, Shp2, and the p85 subunit of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase can interact with Tek in a phosphotyrosine-..
- A novel neural Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein (N-WASP) binding protein, WISH, induces Arp2/3 complex activation independent of Cdc42M Fukuoka
Department of Biochemistry, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
J Cell Biol 152:471-82. 2001..WISH is expressed predominantly in neural tissues and testis. It bound Ash/Grb2 through its proline-rich regions and neural Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein (N-WASP) through its SH3 domain...
- The mammalian ShcB and ShcC phosphotyrosine docking proteins function in the maturation of sensory and sympathetic neuronsR Sakai
Program in Molecular Biology and Cancer, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, 600 University Avenue, M5G 1X5, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Neuron 28:819-33. 2000..The results indicate that these Shc family members possess both unique and overlapping functions in regulating neural development and suggest physiological roles for ShcB/ShcC in TrkA signaling...
- Mouse alpha1-syntrophin binding to Grb2: further evidence of a role for syntrophin in cell signalingS A Oak
Department of Biochemistry, 858 Madison Avenue, University of Tennessee, Memphis, Tennessee 38163, USA
Biochemistry 40:11270-8. 2001..Blot overlay experiments demonstrate that alpha-dystroglycan, beta-dystroglycan, and syntrophins all bind Grb2, the growth factor receptor bound adapter protein...
- Mammalian sprouty proteins inhibit cell growth and differentiation by preventing ras activationI Gross
Derald H Ruttenberg Cancer Center and Department of Medicine, Box 1130, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
J Biol Chem 276:46460-8. 2001..We further showed that Sprouty1 and Sprouty2 do no prevent the formation of a SNT.Grb2.Sos complex upon fibroblast growth factor stimulation, yet block Ras activation...
- The catalytic activity of the ErbB-2 receptor tyrosine kinase is essential for embryonic developmentRichard Chan
Department of Biology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L8S 4K1
Mol Cell Biol 22:1073-8. 2002..These observations suggest that the catalytic activity of ErbB-2 is essential for normal embryonic development...
- Specificity and affinity motifs for Grb2 SH2-ligand interactionsHelmut W H G Kessels
Department of Immunology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:8524-9. 2002..demonstrate the value of this approach by the selection of peptide ligands that are either highly specific for the Grb2 Src homology 2 (SH2) domain or that are cross-reactive between a group of related SH2 domains...
- Phosphatidylinositol 4,5-biphosphate (PIP2)-induced vesicle movement depends on N-WASP and involves Nck, WIP, and Grb2Stefanie Benesch
Department of Cell Biology, Gesellschaft fur Biotechnologische Forschung GBF, Mascheroder Weg 1, D 38124 Braunschweig, Germany
J Biol Chem 277:37771-6. 2002..at the tips of actin comets involved the recruitment of the Src homology 3 (SH3)-SH2 adaptor proteins Nck and Grb2 as well as of WASP interacting protein (WIP)...
- A high-affinity Arg-X-X-Lys SH3 binding motif confers specificity for the interaction between Gads and SLP-76 in T cell signalingDonna M Berry
The Arthur and Sonia Labatt, Brain Tumour Research Centre, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, M5G1X8, Ontario, Canada
Curr Biol 12:1336-41. 2002..Gads, a member of the Grb2 family of SH2 and SH3 domain-containing adaptors, mediates the formation of a complex between LAT and SLP-76 that ..
- Manipulation of EphB2 regulatory motifs and SH2 binding sites switches MAPK signaling and biological activityJiefei Tong
Programe in Molecular Biology and Cancer, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X5
J Biol Chem 278:6111-9. 2003..An EphB2 mutant that retained juxtamembrane (JM) RasGAP binding sites but incorporated a Grb2 binding motif at an alternate RasGAP binding site within the kinase domain had little effect on basal Erk MAPK ..
- Curly bare (cub), a new mouse mutation on chromosome 11 causing skin and hair abnormalities, and a modifier gene (mcub) on chromosome 5Kenneth R Johnson
The Jackson Laboratory, 600 Main Street, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA
Genomics 81:6-14. 2003..The similarity of the wavy coat phenotype to those of Tgfa and Egfr mutations and the map positions of cub and mcub suggest candidate genes that interact in the EGF receptor signal transduction pathway...
- Grb2 is required for the development of neointima in response to vascular injuryShaosong Zhang
Center for Cardiovascular Research, Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 23:1788-93. 2003..In this work, the role of the intracellular linker protein Grb2 in the pathogenesis of neointima formation was examined...
- EphB1 recruits c-Src and p52Shc to activate MAPK/ERK and promote chemotaxisCecile Vindis
Division of Nephrology and Department of Clinical Research, University of Bern, CH 3010 Bern, Switzerland
J Cell Biol 162:661-71. 2003..Here we demonstrate that activated EphB1 recruits the adaptor proteins Grb2 and p52Shc and promotes p52Shc and c-Src tyrosine phosphorylation as well as MAPK/extracellular signal-regulated ..
- LIME, a novel transmembrane adaptor protein, associates with p56lck and mediates T cell activationEun Mi Hur
Div of Molecular Life Science, Ewha Woman s University, 11 1 Daehyundong, Seodaemungu, 120 750 Seoul, Korea
J Exp Med 198:1463-73. 2003..Jurkat T cells expressing CD8-LIME chimera reveal that the protein associates with phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase, Grb2, Gads, and SHP2, and activates ERK1/2 and JNK but not p38...
- MUC20 suppresses the hepatocyte growth factor-induced Grb2-Ras pathway by binding to a multifunctional docking site of metToshio Higuchi
Central Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Pharmaceutical Frontier Research Laboratories, Japan Tobacco Inc, Yokohama, 236 0004, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 24:7456-68. 2004..C terminus of MUC20 associates with the multifunctional docking site of Met without ligand activation, preventing Grb2 recruitment to Met and thus attenuating hepatocyte growth factor (HGF)-induced transient extracellular signal-..
- Two distinct tyrosine-based motifs enable the inhibitory receptor FcgammaRIIB to cooperatively recruit the inositol phosphatases SHIP1/2 and the adapters Grb2/GrapIsabelle Isnardi
Laboratoire d Immunologie Cellulaire et Clinique, INSERM U255, Institut de Recherches biomédicales des Cordeliers, 75006 Paris, France
J Biol Chem 279:51931-8. 2004..This motif functions as a docking site for the SH2 domain-containing adapters Grb2 and Grap...
- Negative regulation of mast cell signaling and function by the adaptor LAB/NTALPetra Volná
Institute of Molecular Genetics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, 142 20 Prague 4, Czech Republic
J Exp Med 200:1001-13. 2004..The combined data show that NTAL is functionally and topographically different from LAT...
- The neuronal scaffold protein Shank3 mediates signaling and biological function of the receptor tyrosine kinase Ret in epithelial cellsGunnar Schuetz
MaxDelbrück Center for Molecular Medicine, Berlin, Germany
J Cell Biol 167:945-52. 2004..Erk-MAPK and PI3K signaling, which is crucial for tubule formation, through recruitment of the adaptor protein Grb2. These results demonstrate that the Shank3 adaptor protein can mediate cellular signaling, and provide a molecular ..
- A signaling pathway involving TGF-beta2 and snail in hair follicle morphogenesisColin Jamora
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Laboratory of Mammalian Cell Biology and Development, The Rockefeller University, New York, New York, USA
PLoS Biol 3:e11. 2005..This novel signaling pathway further weaves together the web of different morphogens and downstream transcriptional events that guide hair bud formation within the developing skin...
- Frag1, a homolog of alternative replication factor C subunits, links replication stress surveillance with apoptosisHideshi Ishii
Center for Molecular Medicine, Jichi Medical School, Tochigi 329 0498, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:9655-60. 2005....
- LIME acts as a transmembrane adapter mediating BCR-dependent B-cell activationEunseon Ahn
Division of Molecular Life Science, Ewha Womans University, 11 1, Daehyun dong, Seodaemoon Gu, Seoul, 120 750, Korea
Blood 107:1521-7. 2006..Upon BCR cross-linking, LIME was tyrosine phosphorylated by Lyn and associated with Lyn, Grb2, PLC-gamma2, and PI3K...
- Defining a link with autosomal-dominant polycystic kidney disease in mice with congenitally low expression of Pkd1Si Tse Jiang
Institute of Molecular Biology, Academia Sinica, Nankang, Taipei 11529, Taiwan
Am J Pathol 168:205-20. 2006..Abnormalities in Na(+)/K(+)-ATPase, aquaporin-2, and vasopressin V2 receptor expression were also identified. This mouse model may be suitable for further studies of progression and therapeutic interventions of ADPKD...
- Dok-3 sequesters Grb2 and inhibits the Ras-Erk pathway downstream of protein-tyrosine kinasesMiyuki Honma
Department of Cell Regulation, Medical Research Institute, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo 113 8510, Japan
Genes Cells 11:143-51. 2006..Here, we identified Grb2 as a Dok-3-binding protein upon its tyrosine phosphorylation...
- A novel redox-based switch: LMW-PTP oxidation enhances Grb2 binding and leads to ERK activationElisa Giannoni
Department of Biochemical Sciences, University of Florence, Viale Morgagni 50, 50134 Florence, Italy
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 348:367-73. 2006..we observed a selective hyper-phosphorylation of Tyr132, that acts as a docking site for the adaptor protein Grb2. The redox-dependent enhancement of Grb2 recruitment to LMW-PTP ultimately leads to an improvement of ERK ..
- Swimming stress in DN 14-3-3 mice triggers maladaptive cardiac remodeling: role of p38 MAPKKen ichi Watanabe
Dept of Clinical Pharmacology, Niigata Univ of Pharmacy and Applied Life Sciences, Higashijima, Niigata City, Japan
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 292:H1269-77. 2007..These results indicate for the first time that 14-3-3 protein along with p38 MAPK plays a crucial role in left ventricular remodeling associated with swimming stress...
- Specific Grb2-mediated interactions regulate clathrin-dependent endocytosis of the cMet-tyrosine kinaseNing Li
Department of Neuroscience and Cell Biology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 1074, USA
J Biol Chem 282:16764-75. 2007..Cbl can directly bind cMet at phosphotyrosine 1003 or indirectly via Grb2 to phosphotyrosine 1356 in the multisubstrate binding domain of cMet...
- Inhibition of tumor metastasis by a growth factor receptor bound protein 2 Src homology 2 domain-binding antagonistAlessio Giubellino
Urologic Oncology Branch, Medical Oncology Branch, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1107, USA
Cancer Res 67:6012-6. 2007..Growth factor receptor binding protein 2 (Grb2) is a widely expressed adapter protein with roles in epithelial cell growth and morphogenesis, as well as ..
- Grb2 binding to Tyr284 in TbetaR-II is essential for mammary tumor growth and metastasis stimulated by TGF-betaAmy J Galliher-Beckley
Department of Pharmacology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Carcinogenesis 29:244-51. 2008We demonstrated previously that growth factor receptor-bound protein 2 (Grb2) associates with the transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta) type II receptor [TbetaR-II] upon its phosphorylation on Tyr284 by Src...
- New insight into the key proteins and pathways involved in the metastasis of colorectal carcinomaGuan Zhen Yu
Department of Oncology, Changzheng Hospital, Shanghai, PR China
Oncol Rep 19:1191-204. 2008..Pathways on changed genes were statistically analyzed. The function of Grb2 was determined by in vitro wound assay...
- Recruitment of the cytoplasmic adaptor Grb2 to surface IgG and IgE provides antigen receptor-intrinsic costimulation to class-switched B cellsNiklas Engels
Institute of Cellular and Molecular Immunology, Georg August University Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Nat Immunol 10:1018-25. 2009..When phosphorylated, this tyrosine recruited the adaptor Grb2, resulting in sustained protein kinase activation and prolonged generation of second messengers, which together ..
- Themis2/ICB1 is a signaling scaffold that selectively regulates macrophage Toll-like receptor signaling and cytokine productionMatthew J Peirce
Kennedy Institute of Rheumatology Division, Imperial College London, London, UK
PLoS ONE 5:e11465. 2010....
- Growth-factor receptor-bound protein-2 (Grb2) signaling in B cells controls lymphoid follicle organization and germinal center reactionIhn Kyung Jang
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:7926-31. 2011b>Grb2 (growth-factor receptor-bound protein-2) is a signaling adaptor that interacts with numerous receptors and intracellular signaling molecules. However, its role in B-cell development and function remains unknown...
- B cell receptor-mediated antigen gathering requires ubiquitin ligase Cbl and adaptors Grb2 and Dok-3 to recruit dynein to the signaling microclusterTim Schnyder
Lymphocyte Interaction Laboratory, London Research Institute, Cancer Research UK, 44 Lincoln s Inn Fields, London, WC2A 3LY, UK
Immunity 34:905-18. 2011..a combination of high-resolution imaging, genetics and quantitative mass spectrometry, we demonstrate that adaptors Grb2 and Dok-3, and ubiquitin ligase Cbl in signaling BCR microclusters mediate association with the microtubule motor ..
- SCIMP, a transmembrane adaptor protein involved in major histocompatibility complex class II signalingPeter Dráber
Institute of Molecular Genetics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague 14220, Czech Republic
Mol Cell Biol 31:4550-62. 2011..The results suggest that SCIMP is involved in signal transduction after MHC-II stimulation and therefore serves as a regulator of antigen presentation and other APC functions...
- GRB2 and SH-PTP2: potentially important endothelial signaling molecules downstream of the TEK/TIE2 receptor tyrosine kinaseL Huang
Duke University Medical Center, Department of Medicine, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Oncogene 11:2097-103. 1995..GTEKH to probe a mouse embryo expression library only two candidate signaling molecules were isolated, SH-PTP2 and GRB2. Autophosphorylated GTEKH associated with GRB2 and SH-PTP2 from endothelial lysates and not with PI3 kinase or PLC ..
- MAP kinase phosphorylation of mSos1 promotes dissociation of mSos1-Shc and mSos1-EGF receptor complexesM Rozakis-Adcock
Programme in Molecular Biology and Cancer, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario
Oncogene 11:1417-26. 1995..C-terminal tail which contains several potential binding sites for the SH3 domains of the adaptor protein, Grb2. In fibroblasts, growth factor stimulation results in the recruitment of Grb2-mSos1 into complexes with activated ..
- Functional interaction between c-Src and its mitotic target, Sam 68S J Taylor
Section of Biochemistry, Molecular and Cell Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
J Biol Chem 270:10120-4. 1995..different affinities (c-Src approximately Ras GTPase activating protein > p85 alpha (amino-terminal) > Grb2 >> p85 alpha (COOH-terminal))...
- The SH3 domain of Crk binds specifically to a conserved proline-rich motif in Eps15 and Eps15RC Schumacher
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Biol Chem 270:15341-7. 1995..Crk might therefore be involved in Eps15-mediated signal transduction through the EGFR...
- Ligand activation of ELK receptor tyrosine kinase promotes its association with Grb10 and Grb2 in vascular endothelial cellsE Stein
Departments of Pharmacology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
J Biol Chem 271:23588-93. 1996..clones encoded the SH2 domain of the recently reported Grb10 adapter protein, and an additional 3 encoded Grb2. A self-phosphorylated recombinant, baculovirus-expressed GST-ELKcy fusion protein bound Grb10 and Grb2 from human ..
- DEVELOPMENTAL SIGNAL INTEGRATION BY FETAL LUNG FIBROBLASMatthew Lee; Fiscal Year: 2003..By determining how Shc 66 regulates the growth of fibroblast precursors in the fetal and preterm neonatal lung, new strategies may be developed to attenuate the pathological fibroblast proliferation of BPD...