Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GR-1
Description: glutathione reductase
Alias: AI325518, D8Ertd238e, Gr-1, Gr1, glutathione reductase, mitochondrial, GRase, glutathione reductase 1
- Dietary methionine can sustain cytosolic redox homeostasis in the mouse liverSofi Eriksson
1 Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Montana State University, Cooley Hall, PO Box 173520, Bozeman, Montana 59717, USA 2 Division of Biochemistry, Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institutet, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Nat Commun 6:6479. 2015..Although NADPH is generally considered an essential reducing currency, these results indicate that hepatocytes can adequately sustain cytosolic redox homeostasis pathways using either NADPH or methionine. ..
- Epithelial β1 integrin is required for lung branching morphogenesis and alveolarizationErin J Plosa
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Neonatology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Development 141:4751-62. 2014....
- Glucose-6-phosphate isomerase deficiency associated with nonspherocytic hemolytic anemia in the mouse: an animal model for the human diseaseS Merkle
GSF Forschungszentrum für Umwelt und Gesundheit, Institut fur Saugetiergenetik, Neuherberg, Germany
Blood 81:206-13. 1993....
- Glutathione reductase facilitates host defense by sustaining phagocytic oxidative burst and promoting the development of neutrophil extracellular trapsJing Yan
Center for Perinatal Research, The Research Institute at Nationwide Children s Hospital, Department of Pediatrics, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
J Immunol 188:2316-27. 2012..Thus, Gsr-mediated redox regulation is crucial for bacterial clearance during host defense against massive bacterial challenge...
- Genetic mapping of the amphotropic murine leukemia virus receptor on mouse chromosome 8M S Lyu
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Virology 204:868-9. 1994..Analysis of the progeny of two interspecies genetic crosses was used to establish the genetic map location of the mouse gene encoding this receptor, Ram1, within the proximal region of chromosome 8...
- Developmentally regulated mouse gene NK10 encodes a zinc finger repressor protein with differential DNA-binding domainsR Lange
Institut fur Genetik, Universitat zu Koln, Germany
DNA Cell Biol 14:971-81. 1995..The NK10 KRAB domains exhibit repressing activity when tested in GAL4 fusion protein assays. Cloning of putative target sequences revealed that the individual domains differentially contribute to zinc-dependent target DNA binding...
- Gene structure for mouse glutathione reductase, including a putative mitochondrial targeting signalT Tamura
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, 77030, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 237:419-22. 1997..The data indicate that this 78 bp sequence encodes a potential MTS for GR in mice...
- Glutathione reductase activity deficiency in homozygous Gr1a1Neu mice does not cause haemolytic anaemiaW Pretsch
GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, Institute of Mammalian Genetics, Neuherberg, Germany
Genet Res 73:1-5. 1999..Results of linkage studies indicate a mutation at the Gr1 structural locus on chromosome 8. The loss of GR activity was evident both in blood and in other tissue extracts...
- Assembly and functional expression of murine glutathione reductase cDNA: a sequence missing in expressed sequence tag librariesR Iozef
Center of Biochemistry, Heidelberg University, Im Neuenheimer Feld 328, D 69120, Heidelberg, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1500:137-41. 2000..Another cDNA, representing GR with a mitochondrial targeting sequence, yielded two distinct enzymically active expression products...
- Genetic analysis of the influence of pertussis toxin on experimental allergic encephalomyelitis susceptibility: an environmental agent can override genetic checkpointsE P Blankenhorn
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, MCP Hahnemann University, Philadelphia, PA 19129, USA
J Immunol 164:3420-5. 2000..Taken together, these results suggest that eae9 controls the effects of PTX in EAE susceptibility, and is capable of overriding the other genetic checkpoints in the pathogenesis of this disease...
- Analyses of glutathione reductase hypomorphic mice indicate a genetic knockoutLynette K Rogers
Center for Developmental Pharmacology and Toxicology, Children s Research Institute, Columbus, Ohio 43205, USA
Toxicol Sci 82:367-73. 2004..The Neu mice offer live animal models with which to test hypotheses regarding oxidant mechanisms of tissue injury in vivo...
- Serine protease inhibitors serpina1 and serpina3 are down-regulated in bone marrow during hematopoietic progenitor mobilizationIngrid G Winkler
Haematopoietic Stem Cell Laboratory, Mater Medical Research Institute, South Brisbane, Queensland 4101, Australia
J Exp Med 201:1077-88. 2005..These data suggest an unexpected role for serpina1 and serpina3 in regulating the bone marrow hematopoietic microenvironment as well as influencing the migratory behavior of hematopoietic precursors...
- Glyoxalase 1 and glutathione reductase 1 regulate anxiety in miceIiris Hovatta
The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, Laboratory of Genetics, 10010 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Nature 438:662-6. 2005..To determine if two of the genes, glyoxalase 1 and glutathione reductase 1, have a causal role in the genesis of anxiety, we performed genetic manipulation using lentivirus-..
- Diquat induces renal proximal tubule injury in glutathione reductase-deficient miceLynette K Rogers
Center for Developmental Pharmacology and Toxicology, Columbus Children s Research Institute, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 217:289-98. 2006..To test the hypothesis that Gr1(a1Neu) (Neu) mice, which do not express glutathione reductase (GR), would be more susceptible than are wild-type ..
- Increased expression of glutathione reductase in macrophages decreases atherosclerotic lesion formation in low-density lipoprotein receptor-deficient miceMu Qiao
Division of Nephrology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 27:1375-82. 2007..We investigated if strengthening the glutathione-dependent antioxidant system in macrophages by overexpressing glutathione reductase (GR) decreases the severity of atherosclerosis...
- Thioredoxin-related mechanisms in hyperoxic lung injury in miceTrent E Tipple
Columbus Children s Research Institute, Columbus Children s Hospital, Department of Pediatrics, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 37:405-13. 2007..The protective effects of ATG against hyperoxic lung injury could prove to be particularly useful therapeutically...
- Novel role of RGS2 in regulation of antioxidant homeostasis in neuronal cellsSamina Salim
Department of Pharmacological and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Houston, Houston, Texas, USA
FEBS Lett 585:1375-81. 2011..Our study is the first to suggest role of RGS2 in regulation of enzymes involved in antioxidant defense namely glyoxalase-1 and glutathione reductase-1 via activation of p38 MAPK and PKC pathways in an Sp-1 dependent manner...
- Nox4 regulates Nrf2 and glutathione redox in cardiomyocytes in vivoAlison C Brewer
King s College London British Heart Foundation Centre of Research Excellence, Cardiovascular Division, London, UK
Free Radic Biol Med 51:205-15. 2011..These data therefore demonstrate that Nox4 can activate the Nrf2-regulated pathway, and suggest a potential role for Nox4 in the regulation of GSH redox in cardiomyocytes...
- Cloning and sequencing of mammalian glutathione reductase cDNAM Tutic
Institute of Cell and Tumor Biology, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg
Eur J Biochem 188:523-8. 1990..The amino acid sequence deduced from the nucleotide sequences of the three subclones is identical with the known sequence of the mature glutathione reductase from human erythrocytes in all 478 positions...
- Assignment of the genes for thymidine kinase and galactokinase to Mus musculus chromosome 11 and the preferential segregation of this chromosome in Chinese hamster/mouse somatic cell hybridsC A Kozak
Somatic Cell Genet 3:121-33. 1977
- Activity and electrophoretic mobility of glutathione reductase allozymes in different tissues of the mouseS Firth
Biochem Genet 17:229-32. 1979
- Polymorphism and linkage of glutathione reductase in Mus musculusE A Nichols
Biochem Genet 13:323-9. 1975..Using an electrophoretic variant for glutathione reductase, we have been able to map the structural gene for this enzyme to chromosome 8 in Mus musculus...
- Gene linkage analysis in the mouse by somatic cell hybridization: assignment of adenine phosphoribosyltransferase to chromosome 8 and alpha-galactosidase to the X chromosomeC Kozak
Somatic Cell Genet 1:371-82. 1975..All other isozymes examined segregated independently of one another...
- Activated T cells express a novel gene on chromosome 8 that is closely related to the murine ecotropic retroviral receptorC L MacLeod
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093
Mol Cell Biol 10:3663-74. 1990..Neither gene product displayed significant homology with other known transmembrane-spanning proteins. Thus, the Tea and Rec-1 genes establish a new family encoding multiple membrane-spanning proteins...
- Mapping of the gene for DNA polymerase beta to mouse chromosome 8O W McBride
Laboratory of Biochemistry, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892
Cytogenet Cell Genet 53:108-11. 1990..These results provide additional support for the regional localization of polymerase beta on the short arm of human chromosome 8 or the very proximal end of the long arm...
- Zinc finger protein gene complexes on mouse chromosomes 8 and 11J H Nadeau
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609
Genomics 8:469-76. 1990..Surprisingly, both genes were closely linked to two previously mapped, Krüppel-related zinc finger protein genes, suggesting that they are part of gene complexes...
- Ankyrin and the hemolytic anemia mutation, nb, map to mouse chromosome 8: presence of the nb allele is associated with a truncated erythrocyte ankyrinR A White
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, ME 04609
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 87:3117-21. 1990..The linkage data suggest that the mouse and human diseases result from mutations in homologous loci...
- Gene mapping in Mus musculus by interspecific cell hybridization: assignment of the genes for tripeptidase-1 to chromosome 10, dipeptidase-2 to chromosome 18, acid phosphatase-1 to chromosome 12, and adenylate kinase-1 to chromosome 2U Francke
Cytogenet Cell Genet 19:57-84. 1977..Striking examples of norandom segregation of mouse chromosomes were observed in these hybrids with preferential retention of 15 and segregation of 11 and the Y chromosome...
- The gene for the beta-subunit of retinal transducin (Gnb-1) maps to distal mouse chromosome 4, and related sequences map to mouse chromosomes 5 and 8M Danciger
Jules Stein Eye Institute, UCLA School of Medicine 90024 1771
Genomics 6:428-35. 1990..The other sequence was on chromosome 8 and is either a pseudogene or an as yet undiscovered third G beta-subunit gene, here termed Gnb-3...
- Isolation, characterization and chromosomal mapping of the mouse tyrosine aminotransferase geneG Muller
J Mol Biol 184:367-73. 1985..Since the albino deletions are located on mouse chromosome 7, the assignment of the TAT gene to chromosome 8 suggests that a regulatory factor(s) affecting TAT gene expression acts in trans...
- Genetic and developmental regulation of the lipoprotein lipase gene: loci both distal and proximal to the lipoprotein lipase structural gene control enzyme expressionT G Kirchgessner
Department of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles 90024
J Biol Chem 264:1473-82. 1989..This indicates that combined deficiencies of LPL and hepatic lipase, observed in humans as well as in certain mutant strains of mice, do not result from focal disruptions of a cluster of lipase genes...
- Genetic mapping of ecotropic murine leukemia virus-inducing loci in six inbred strainsC A Kozak
J Exp Med 155:524-34. 1982..These studies provide further evidence that endogenous ecotropic V loci are present at different chromosomal sites in unrelated mouse strains and emphasize the role of germ line reinfections in the generation of this diversity...
- The metallothionein-I gene maps to mouse chromosome 8: implications for human Menkes' diseaseD R Cox
Hum Genet 64:61-4. 1983....
- Genetic mapping in mammals: chromosome map of domestic catS J O'Brien
Science 216:257-65. 1982..Many of these same linkage groups have not been conserved in the murine genome. The genetic and evolutionary implications of comparative mapping analysis among mammalian species are discussed...
- Confirmational, provisional, and/or regional assignment of 15 enzyme loci onto Chinese hamster autosomes 1, 2, and 7R L Stallings
Somatic Cell Genet 7:683-98. 1981..The assignments provide markers for the study of the genetic consequences of chromosomal rearrangements in Chinese hamster cell lines and support the concept of conservation of mammalian autosomal linkage groups...