Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Gpi1
Description: glucose phosphate isomerase 1
Alias: Amf, Gpi, Gpi-1, Gpi-1r, Gpi-1s, Gpi-1t, Gpi1-r, Gpi1-s, Gpi1-t, Gpi1s, NK/GPI, Nlk, Org, Pgi, Phi, glucose-6-phosphate isomerase, autocrine motility factor, glucose phosphate isomerase 1 complex, glucose phosphate isomerase 1, regulatory, glucose phosphate isomerase 1, structural, glucose phosphate isomerase 1, temporal, maturation factor, neuroleukin, phosphoglucose isomerase, phosphohexose isomerase
Publications105 found, 100 shown here
- Genetic mapping of a new homeobox gene to mouse chromosome 7K R Johnson
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609
Genomics 14:1107-9. 1992..No recombination was observed between Dbx and Odc-rs6, indicating that Dbx lies approximately 25 cM distal to the Chr 7 centromere in a region that has conserved linkage relationships with regions of human Chrs 11 and 19...
- Chromosomal assignment of two endogenous ecotropic murine leukemia virus proviruses of the AKR/J mouse strainB A Taylor
J Virol 56:172-5. 1985..Akv-3 is the second ecotropic murine leukemia virus provirus to be mapped near the agouti locus. The results are discussed in relation to possible nonrandomness of viral integration...
- Mitochondrial malate dehydrogenase and malic enzyme: Mendelian inherited electrophoretic variants in the mouseT B Shows
Biochem Genet 4:707-18. 1970
- Formation of IL-7Ralphahigh and IL-7Ralphalow CD8 T cells during infection is regulated by the opposing functions of GABPalpha and Gfi-1Anmol Chandele
Department of Immunobiology, Yale Medical School, New Haven, CT 06511, USA
J Immunol 180:5309-19. 2008....
- Genetic characterization of important mouse strains used in cancer researchH H Krog
Hereditas 87:201-4. 1977
- Genetic regulation of glucose phosphate isomerase in mouse oocytesA C Peterson
Nature 276:267-9. 1978
- Conservation of autosomal gene synteny groups in mouse and manP A Lalley
Nature 274:160-3. 1978
- Genetic variation at a locus (TAM-1) for submaxillary gland protease in the mouse and its location on chromosome No. 7L C Skow
Genetics 90:713-24. 1978..strains and B6AF1 X B6 and B6D2F1 X B6 backcrosses established linkage of Tam-1 to glucose phosphate isomerase (Gpi-1), pink-eyed dilution [p] and beta-hemoglobin (Hbb) on chromosome 7. The gene order is Gpi-1--Tam-1--p--HBB...
- Characterization of murine carcinoembryonic antigen gene family membersF Rudert
Institut fur Immunbiologie, Universitat Freiburg, FRG
Mamm Genome 3:262-73. 1992..The more distantly related Cea-5 seems to be ubiquitously expressed. The putative promoter region of Cea-2 lacks typical TATA- or CAAT-boxes, but contains other conserved motifs that could play a role in the initiation of transcription...
- Fat (fat) and tubby (tub): two autosomal recessive mutations causing obesity syndromes in the mouseD L Coleman
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609
J Hered 81:424-7. 1990....
- The mouse Cebp gene encoding a DNA-binding protein is polymorphic and is located on chromosome 7K G Xanthopoulos
Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021
Cytogenet Cell Genet 50:174-5. 1989....
- Glucosephosphate isomerase (GPI-1) expression in mouse ova: cis regulation of monomer realizationA Peterson
Biochem Genet 23:827-46. 1985A survey of the glucosephosphate isomerase (GPI-1) activity expressed in mature mouse ova has revealed multiple interstrain differences. Genetic variation at a site either linked to (less than 1...
- DNA sequence polymorphism in an androgen-regulated gene is associated with alteration in the encoded RNAsR W Elliott
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 80:501-4. 1983..908 structural gene, revealed by Southern blotting of HindIII-generated DNA fragments, was found to map near the Gpi-1 and Tam-1 loci on chromosome 7. The 908 structural gene has been termed RP2...
- Chromosomal mapping of murine c-fes and c-src genesC Blatt
Mol Cell Biol 4:978-81. 1984..The c-fes gene was mapped to the proximal portion of chromosome 7, very close to the Gpi-1 locus, whereas c-src was linked to the Psp locus on the distal half of chromosome 2.
- Reduced pigmentation (rp), a new coat colour gene with effects on kidney lysosomal glycosidases in the mouseS Gibb
Genet Res 37:95-103. 1981
- GPI expression in female germ cells of the mouseA McLaren
Genet Res 37:303-9. 1981
- Genetic variation for prolidase (PEP-4) in the mouse maps near the gene for glucosephosphate isomerase (GPI-1) on chromosome 7L C Skow
Biochem Genet 19:695-700. 1981..forms are expressed codominantly and that Pep-4 is located between the genes for glucosephosphate isomerase (Gpi-1) and pink-eyed dilution (p) on chromosome 7...
- A single B1 subunit mapped to mouse chromosome 7 may be a common component of Na channel isoforms from brain, skeletal muscle and heartJ Tong
Dept of Physiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 195:679-85. 1993..A mutation in a single beta 1 subunit forming functional complexes with multiple Na channel isoforms could underlie these deficits...
- Genomic organization, nucleotide sequence, biophysical properties, and localization of the voltage-gated K+ channel gene KCNA4/Kv1.4 to mouse chromosome 2/human 11p14 and mapping of KCNC1/Kv3.1 to mouse 7/human 11p14.3-p15.2 and KCNA1/Kv1.1 to human 12p13R S Wymore
Department of Physiology, University of California, Irvine 92717
Genomics 20:191-202. 1994..1, lies approximately 1.8 cM from the Myod-1 gene on mouse chromosome 7, and in situ hybridization localizes KCNC1/hKv3.1 to the homologous region on human chromosome 11p14.3-p15.2. A third gene, KCNA1/hKv1.1, was mapped to human 12p13...
- A genetically defined animal model of anembryonic pregnancyJ D West
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Edinburgh, UK
Hum Reprod 8:1316-23. 1993..mouse conceptuses, homozygous for a defect in the gene encoding the glycolytic enzyme, glucose phosphate isomerase (GPI) died in utero by 9 1/2 days post coitum...
- Sequence characterization of alleles Gpi1-Sa and Gpi1-Sb at the glucose phosphate isomerase structural locusS R Pearce
Wellcome Research Laboratory for Molecular Genetics, Division of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, UMDS, Guy s Hospital, London, UK
Mamm Genome 6:537-9. 1995The sequences of alleles Gpi1-sa and Gpi1-sb at the glucose phosphate isomerase structural locus have been determined from cDNA of the mouse inbred strains 101/H Gpi1-sa and C3H/HeH Gpi1-sb by RT PCR and direct sequencing of the amplified ..
- Genetic evidence that glycolysis is necessary for gastrulation in the mouseA Kelly
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Dev Dyn 207:300-8. 1996Mouse embryos homozygous for the Gpi1-sa-m1H null allele (abbreviated to m) of glucose phosphate isomerase (GPI) die early in development...
- Chromosome mapping of the mouse Akt2 gene and Akt2 pseudogeneD A Altomare
Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Cytogenet Cell Genet 74:248-51. 1996..The Akt2 pseudogene was mapped to proximal MMU11 by both multilocus mapping and fluorescence in situ hybridization...
- Chromosomal mapping of Tmp (Emp1), Xmp (Emp2), and Ymp (Emp3), genes encoding membrane proteins related to Pmp22I Ben-Porath
Department of Genetics, Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
Genomics 49:443-7. 1998..These data suggest that this family of membrane glycoproteins evolved as a result of chromosomal duplications...
- Developmentally distinct effects on human epsilon-, gamma- and delta-globin levels caused by the absence or altered position of the human beta-globin gene in YAC transgenic miceR Bauchwitz
Columbia University, Department of Genetics and Development, 701 West 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
Hum Mol Genet 9:561-74. 2000..The relationship of these measurements of transgenic globin expression to a possible binary model of globin LCR action and to mimicry from red blood cell loss due to transgenic globin imbalances are discussed...
- Survival and normal function of glycolysis-deficient mouse oocytesA Kelly
Genes and Development Group, Department of Reproductive and Developmental Sciences, University of Edinburgh, Hugh Robson Building, George Square, UK
Reproduction 124:469-73. 2002Mouse embryos homozygous for a null allele of Gpi1 which encodes the glycolytic enzyme glucose phosphate isomerase fail to complete gastrulation and die at about embryonic day 7...
- Absence of phosphoglucose isomerase-1 in retinal photoreceptor, pigment epithelium and Muller cellsSimon N Archer
School of Biomedical and Molecular Sciences, University of Surrey, Guildford GU2 7XH, UK
Eur J Neurosci 19:2923-30. 2004..Extracellularly, Gpi1 may act as a cytokine, independently described as neuroleukin and autocrine motility factor. Retinal Gpi1 expression was investigated by Northern and Western blot analysis and immunohistochemistry...
- Autocrine motility factor signaling enhances pancreatic cancer metastasisSoichi Tsutsumi
Department of General Surgical Science Surgery I, Gunma University Graduate School of Medicine, Maebashi, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 10:7775-84. 2004b>Autocrine motility factor (AMF)/phosphoglucose isomerase (PGI) is a ubiquitous cytosolic enzyme that plays a key role in glycolysis...
- Glycolytic enzymes can modulate cellular life spanHiroshi Kondoh
Wolfson Institute for Biomedical Research, University College London, London Research Institute, London, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 65:177-85. 2005..Because wild-type p53 down-regulates PGM, mutation of p53 can facilitate immortalization via effects on PGM levels and glycolysis...
- Murine lupus susceptibility locus Sle1a controls regulatory T cell number and function through multiple mechanismsCarla M Cuda
Department of Pathology, Immunology, and Laboratory Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
J Immunol 179:7439-47. 2007..Overall, these results show that Sle1a controls both Treg number and function by multiple mechanisms, directly on the Tregs themselves and indirectly through the response of effector T cells and the regulatory role of dendritic cells...
- Successful correction of murine sickle cell disease with reduced stem cell requirements reinforced by fractionated marrow infusionsHady Felfly
Institut de Recherches Cliniques de Montreal, Molecular Genetics and Development, Faculte de Medecine de l Universite de Montreal, 110 ouest avenue des Pins, Montreal, QC, Canada
Br J Haematol 148:646-58. 2010....
- Intermediate-term hematopoietic stem cells with extended but time-limited reconstitution potentialPatricia Benveniste
Ontario Cancer Institute, Toronto, ON M5G 2M9, Canada
Cell Stem Cell 6:48-58. 2010....
- Increased red cell turnover in a line of CD22-deficient mice is caused by Gpi1c: a model for hereditary haemolytic anaemiaJennifer A Walker
Cambridge Institute for Medical Research and Department of Medicine, University of Cambridge School of Clinical Medicine, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Eur J Immunol 42:3212-22. 2012..mice is red cell intrinsic and appears to be the consequence of a defective allele of glucose phosphate isomerase, Gpi1(c)...
- Assignment of the genes for thymidine kinase and galactokinase to Mus musculus chromosome 11 and the preferential segregation of this chromosome in Chinese hamster/mouse somatic cell hybridsC A Kozak
Somatic Cell Genet 3:121-33. 1977
- Gene linkage analysis in the mouse by somatic cell hybridization: assignment of adenine phosphoribosyltransferase to chromosome 8 and alpha-galactosidase to the X chromosomeC Kozak
Somatic Cell Genet 1:371-82. 1975..All other isozymes examined segregated independently of one another...
- Linear dose-response relationship of erythrocyte enzyme-activity mutations in offspring of ethylnitrosourea-treated miceD J Charles
Mutat Res 176:81-91. 1987..The recovered mouse mutants might be used as animal models to study corresponding genetic diseases in humans...
- Characterization and chromosomal location of endogenous mouse mammary tumor virus loci in GR, NFS, and DBA miceJ I MacInnes
Virology 132:12-25. 1984....
- Xylose dehydrogenase-1, a new gene on mouse chromosome 7M F Newton
Biochem Genet 20:733-45. 1982..Two of these determine proteins differing in electrophoretic mobility and the third is a "null." This easily scored variation may prove useful both for gene mapping and in population genetics...
- Application of the ovarian teratoma mapping method in the mouseJ T Eppig
Genetics 103:797-812. 1983..Centromere-gene recombination was measured at 11.3 +/- 1.2% for the centromere of chromosome 7 - Gpi-1 interval and 15.8 +/- 2.4% for the centromere of chromosome 14 - Np-1 interval using the ovarian teratoma method...
- Mouse cartilage matrix deficiency (cmd) caused by a 7 bp deletion in the aggrecan geneH Watanabe
Laboratory of Developmental Biology, National Institute of Dental Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Nat Genet 7:154-7. 1994..DNA sequencing of the aggrecan gene identified a 7 bp deletion in exon 5 resulting in a severely truncated molecule. The finding of an aggrecan mutation in the cmd mouse confirms the critical role of aggrecan in cartilage formation...
- Genetic predisposition to pre-B lymphomas in SL/Kh strain miceY Yamada
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Japan
Cancer Res 54:403-7. 1994..One, encoded by a 27-kilobase EcoRI fragment, was closely linked to Gpi-1a on chromosome 7 and its expression seemed to be a prerequisite for the occurrence of all types of hemopoietic ..
- Identification of a new family of Pbx-related homeobox genesT Nakamura
ABL Basic Research Program, NCI Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Frederick, Maryland 21702, USA
Oncogene 13:2235-42. 1996..The identification of two additional Meis genes identifies a new family of potential Hox cofactors as well as two new potential disease genes...
- Hematopoietic stem cell and progenitor defects in Sca-1/Ly-6A-null miceCaryn Y Ito
Programme in Cancer Blood, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON, Canada
Blood 101:517-23. 2003..Thus, our studies conclusively demonstrate that Sca-1, in addition to being a marker of HSCs, regulates the developmental program of HSCs and specific progenitor populations...
- Crystallization and preliminary X-ray crystallographic studies of mouse autocrine motility factorNoriko Naba
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Showa University, Tokyo 142 8555, Japan
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 60:2084-6. 2004Mouse autocrine motility factor (mAMF), a tumour-secreted cytokine that stimulates cell migration in vitro and metastasis in vivo, has been crystallized by the hanging-drop vapour-diffusion method...
- Chromosomal localization of uroplakin genes of cattle and miceA M Ryan
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, Texas A and M University, College Station 77843
Mamm Genome 4:656-61. 1993..Our results also suggest likely positions for two human uroplakin genes and should facilitate further analysis of their possible involvement in disease...
- Biochemical genetics of a new glucosephosphate isomerase allele (Gpi-1c) from wild miceR A Padua
Biochem Genet 16:127-43. 1978We have found a new allele at the structural locus for glucosephosphate isomerase (called Gpi-1c) in a population of wild mice...
- Assignment of genes to regions of mouse chromosomesE M Eicher
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 75:946-50. 1978....
- Genetic regulation of coumarin hydroxylase activity in mice. Evidence for single locus control on chromosomeA W Wood
J Biol Chem 254:5647-51. 1979
- Acute and late disease induced by murine coronavirus, strain JHM, in a series of recombinant inbred strains between BALB/cHeA and STS/A miceS Kyuwa
Department of Animal Pathology, University of Tokyo, Japan
Microb Pathog 12:95-104. 1992..These results may suggest that JHMV-induced late disease is also under multifactorial control. The pathogenesis of JHMV infection is discussed...
- Tissue restricted expression and chromosomal localization of the YB-1 gene encoding a 42 kD nuclear CCAAT binding proteinD D Spitkovsky
Angewandte Tumorvirologie, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Heidelberg, FRG
Nucleic Acids Res 20:797-803. 1992..Finally, we have identified four YB-1 related loci in the mouse genome and have mapped these loci to four different mouse chromosomes by interspecific backcross analysis...
- Murine chromosomal location of four hepatocyte-enriched transcription factors: HNF-3 alpha, HNF-3 beta, HNF-3 gamma, and HNF-4K B Avraham
Mammalian Genetics Laboratory, National Cancer Institute Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Maryland 21702
Genomics 13:264-8. 1992....
- Genetic and age related models of neurodegeneration in mice: dystrophic axonsR T Bronson
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, ME 04609
J Neurogenet 8:71-83. 1992..The mutant models of neuroaxonal dystrophy may prove useful in studies of the pathophysiology of DA in general and of specific inherited diseases of man, such as infantile neuroaxonal dystrophy and Hallervordin-Spatz disease...
- Immune responses in newly developed short-lived SAM mice. IV. Chromosomal location of a gene controlling defective helper T-cell activityK Hanada
Department of Senescence Biology, Kyoto University, Japan
Immunology 74:160-4. 1991..Low responders in the F2 generation showed a significantly higher incidence of SAM-P/1 genotype at the Gpi-1 as well as c locus on chromosome 7 (Chr.7)...
- Segregation of genes from donor strain during the production of recombinant congenic strainsL F van Zutphen
Department of Laboratory Animal Science, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Utrecht, The Netherlands
Lab Anim 25:193-7. 1991..Four marker genes (Pep-3; Pgm-1; Gpi-1 and Es-3) located at 4 different chromosomes were selected and the allelic distribution was tested after 3-4 and ..
- Characterization and chromosomal mapping of a cDNA encoding tryptophan hydroxylase from a mouse mastocytoma cell lineJ Stoll
Laboratory of Clinical Studies, National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Genomics 7:88-96. 1990..Because TPH has been mapped to human chromosome 11, this assignment further defines regions of homology between these mouse and human chromosomes...
- Glucose phosphate isomerase enzyme-activity mutants in Mus musculus: genetical and biochemical characterizationW Pretsch
GSF Institut für Säugetiergenetik, Ingolstädter Landstr, Neuherberg, Federal Republic of Germany
Biochem Genet 28:97-110. 1990Two glucose-6-phosphate isomerase (GPI) mutants with approximately 60% residual activity in blood compared to wild type have been independently detected in offspring derived from 1-ethyl-1-nitrosourea-treated male mice...
- Hydrocephalus with hop gait (hyh): a new mutation on chromosome 7 in the mouseR T Bronson
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, ME 04609
Brain Res Dev Brain Res 54:131-6. 1990..It has been mapped to the proximal end of Chromosome 7 close to the Gpi-1 locus...
- Analysis of mutations of glucose phosphate isomerase-1, Gpi-1, in the mouseJ Peters
M R C Radiobiology Unit, Didcot, Oxon
Prog Clin Biol Res 340:125-32. 1990
- Chromosomal and regional localization of the genes for UMPH2, APRT, PEPD, PEPS, PSP, and PGP in mink: comparison with man and mouseS D Pack
Institute of Cytology and Genetics, Academy of Sciences of the USSR, Siberian Department, Novosibirsk
Cytogenet Cell Genet 50:127-31. 1989..The present data is compared with that previously established for man and mouse with reference to the conservation of syntenic gene groups and G-band homoeologies of chromosomes in mammals...
- Genetic factors controlling structure and expression of apolipoproteins B and E in miceA J Lusis
J Biol Chem 262:7594-604. 1987..These results clarify the organization and regulation of the genes for apoB and apoE, and they provide information about the naturally occurring polymorphisms affecting their expression...
- Analysis of recombination in the centromere region of mouse chromosome 7 using ovarian teratoma and backcross methodsJ T Eppig
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, ME 04609
J Hered 79:425-9. 1988..The recombination percentage for the centromere-Gpi-1 (glucose phosphate isomerase-1) interval was 13.4 +/- 2.6 using the ovarian teratoma mapping method...
- Molecular cloning and expression of neuroleukin, a neurotrophic factor for spinal and sensory neuronsM E Gurney
Science 234:566-74. 1986..The factor was therefore named neuroleukin. Neuroleukin promotes the survival in culture of a subpopulation of embryonic spinal neurons that probably ..
- Gene mapping in the Chinese hamster and conservation of syntenic groups and Q-band homologies between Chinese hamster and mouse chromosomesH Satoh
Cytogenet Cell Genet 39:285-91. 1985..loci were confirmed: ESD, NP, and PEPB on chromosome 1, ME1 and MPI on chromosome 4, AK1 on chromosome 6, and GPI and PEPD on chromosome 9...
- Aldehyde reductase isozymes in the mouse: evidence for two new loci and localization of Ahr-3 on chromosome 7P B Mather
Biochem Genet 23:483-96. 1985..Genet. 20:1067, 1982)], hexonate dehydrogenase (AHR-2), and alcohol dehydrogenase A2 in terms of their differential substrate, coenzyme, and inhibitor specificities...
- Variations in the amount of glucose phosphate isomerase in lymphocytes and erythrocytes from A/J and C57BL/6J miceC M Warner
Biochem Genet 23:815-25. 1985In a comparative study of A/J (Gpi-1a) and C57BL/6J (Gpi-1b) mice, we observed that erythrocytes of A/J mice exhibited significantly higher glucose phosphate isomerase (GPI) activity compared to erythrocytes of C57BL/6J mice on a per ..
- Genetic mapping of a murine leukemia virus-inducing locus of AKR miceW P Rowe
Science 178:860-2. 1972..appears to be the integrated genome of the virus, is designated Akv-1, and is on linkage group 1, 12 map units from Gpi-1, with gene order c-Gpi-1-Akv-1...
- Human times mouse hybrid cells segregating mouse chromosomes and isozymesJ D Minna
Nature 252:401-4. 1974
- Linkage of isozyyme loci in the mouse: phosphoglucomutase-2 (Pgm-2), mitochondrial NADP malate dehydrogenase (Mod-2), and dipeptidase-1 (Dip-1)V M Chapman
Biochem Genet 5:101-10. 1971
- Binucleate and polyploid cells in the decidua of the mouseJ D Ansell
J Embryol Exp Morphol 31:223-7. 1974
- Linkage analyses using biochemical variants in mice. 3. Linkage relationships of eleven biochemical markersJ J Hutton
Biochem Genet 4:339-50. 1970
- Biochemical polymorphisms in feral and inbred mice (mus musculus)T H Roderick
Biochem Genet 5:457-66. 1971
- Biochemical and immunological characterization of genetic variants of phosphoglucose isomerase from mouseD J Charles
Biochem Genet 18:153-69. 1980Two electrophoretic variants of phosphoglucose isomerase (PGI) were purified from whole body extracts of DBA/2J and C57BL/6J mice by a substrate-affinity elution from an 8-(6-aminohexyl)amino-ATP-Sepharose column followed by preparative ..
- Genetic mapping of endogenous mouse mammary tumor viruses: locus characterization, segregation, and chromosomal distributionV L Traina
J Virol 40:735-44. 1981..The results are consistent with the view that integration of mouse mammary tumor virus can take place at numerous sites within the genome, and once inserted, these proviruses appear to be relatively stable genetic entities...
- A new allele of the Gpi-1t temporal gene that regulates the expression of glucose phosphate isomerase in mouse oocytesJ D West
Genet Res 44:169-81. 1984
- Chromosome assignment of genes encoding the alpha and beta subunits of glycoprotein hormones in man and mouseS L Naylor
Somatic Cell Genet 9:757-70. 1983..to human CG beta cDNA segregated concordantly with the human chromosome 19 marker enzymes PEPD (peptidase D) and GPI (glucose phosphate isomerase) and a normal chromosome 19 in karyotyped hybrids...
- Serum gp70 production regulated by a gene on murine chromosome 7N Maruyama
Immunogenetics 18:365-71. 1983..This gene has been tentatively designated Sgp-2. Sgp-2 is linked with the Hbb locus on chromosome 7. The estimated frequency of recombination between Sgp-2 and Hbb in this setting is about 20%...
- The acute phase response of mouse liver. Genetic analysis of the major acute phase reactantsH Baumann
J Biol Chem 259:566-73. 1984..Structural variation for serum amyloid A enabled mapping its structural gene, S alpha alpha, to chromosome 7, near Gpi-1...
- Lyb-8.2: A new B cell antigen defined and characterized with a monoclonal antibodyF W Symington
Immunogenetics 16:381-91. 1982..The expression of Lyb-8.2 is controlled by a locus on chromosome 7 that is closely linked to Gpi-1 and RP-2. Added Lyb-8...
- Prt-4 and Prt-5: new constituents of a gene cluster on chromosome 7 coding for esterproteases in the submandibular gland of the house mouse (Mus musculus)J Otto
Biochem Genet 19:431-44. 1981..Prt-4 and Prt-5 proved to be different from Tam-1. From a four-point-cross, the gene order Gpi-1-(Tam-1, Prt-4, Prt-5)-c is suggested...
- Precise mapping of the gene for Ly-21.2 on the 7th chromosomeJ Kennard
J Immunogenet 9:389-95. 1982..The results of these 3-point cross studies show that the gene encoding Ly-21.2 maps 27 units distal to albinism...
- Confirmational, provisional, and/or regional assignment of 15 enzyme loci onto Chinese hamster autosomes 1, 2, and 7R L Stallings
Somatic Cell Genet 7:683-98. 1981..The assignments provide markers for the study of the genetic consequences of chromosomal rearrangements in Chinese hamster cell lines and support the concept of conservation of mammalian autosomal linkage groups...
- Mouse MHC class I-like Fc receptor encoded outside the MHCJ J Ahouse
Rosenstiel Center for Basic Biomedical Sciences, Brandeis University, Waltham, MA 02254 9110
J Immunol 151:6076-88. 1993..The mouse FcRn alpha-chain is similar in sequence to the class I MHC Ag, encoded on chromosome 17 in the mouse. However, we find that the mouse FcRn gene lies outside the MHC, on chromosome 7...
- The genes encoding the glutamate receptor subunits KA1 and KA2 (GRIK4 and GRIK5) are located on separate chromosomes in human, mouse, and ratC Szpirer
Departement de Biologie Moleculaire, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Rhode St Genese, Belgium
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91:11849-53. 1994..Our data extend the conserved synteny established between certain human, mouse, and rat Chrs...
- Identification of a novel tandemly repeated sequence present in an intron of the glucose phosphate isomerase (GPI) gene in mouse and manP Faik
Wellcome Research Laboratory for Molecular Genetics, UMDS, Guy s Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Genomics 21:122-7. 1994Glucose phosphate isomerase (GPI, glucose 6-phosphate ketol-isomerase, EC 188.8.131.52) is a housekeeping gene expressed in all tissues and organisms that utilize glycolysis and gluconeogenesis...
- Glycogen synthase: a putative locus for diet-induced hyperglycemiaM F Seldin
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710
J Clin Invest 94:269-76. 1994..For hyperglycemia, 19 of 23 strains were concordant with the D7Mit25 marker and 20 of 23 strains with the Gpi-1 locus on proximal mouse chromosome 7...
- Linkage relationships between ALPL, ENO1, GPI, PGD, and TGFB1 on porcine chromosome 6P A Clamp
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign
Genomics 17:324-9. 1993..loci encoding liver/bone/kidney alkaline phosphatase (ALPL), enolase 1-alpha (ENO1), glucose-phosphate isomerase (GPI), phosphogluconate dehydrogenase (PGD), and transforming growth factor beta 1 (TGFB1) in swine...
- Mouse selenocysteine tRNA([Ser]Sec) gene (Trsp) and its localization on chromosome 7T Ohama
Laboratory of Experimental Carcinogenesis, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Genomics 19:595-6. 1994
- Genetic mapping of three GABAA receptor-subunit genes in the mouseM Danciger
Jules Stein Eye Institute, UCLA School of Medicine
Genomics 16:361-5. 1993..The Gabrb-1, Gabra-2 pair of genes on Chr 5 maps near the mouse "circling mutation" pi (pirouette)...
- Mouse chromosomal location of the CCAAT/enhancer binding proteins C/EBP beta (Cebpb), C/EBP delta (Cebpd), and CRP1 (Cebpe)N A Jenkins
ABL Basic Research Program, NCI Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Maryland 21702 1201, USA
Genomics 28:333-6. 1995..Here, we show that Cebpb maps to mouse chromosome 2, Cebpd to chromosome 16, and Cebpe to chromosome 14. The assignment of Cebpd to chromosome 16 identifies a new region of homology between mouse chromosome 16 and human chromosome 8...
- Cardiac and skeletal muscle troponin I isoforms are encoded by a dispersed gene family on mouse chromosomes 1 and 7J L Guenet
Institut Pasteur de Paris, Unite de Genetique des Mammiferes, Paris, France
Mamm Genome 7:13-5. 1996..The cardiac troponin I locus (Tnni3) also mapped to Chr 7, approximately 5-10 cM from the centromere and unlinked to the fast skeletal muscle troponin I locus. Thus, the troponin I gene family is dispersed in the mouse genome...
- Gene structure and chromosomal localization of the mouse NMDA receptor channel subunitsM Nagasawa
Department of Neuropharmacology, Niigata University, Japan
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 36:1-11. 1996..Each of these genes mapped to a single chromosome location. The mapping results assigned the five loci to five different mouse autosomes, indicating that they have become well dispersed among mouse chromosomes...
- Genomic organization, chromosomal localization, tissue distribution, and biophysical characterization of a novel mammalian Shaker-related voltage-gated potassium channel, Kv1.7K Kalman
Department of Physiology, University of California Irvine, Irvine, California 92697, USA
J Biol Chem 273:5851-7. 1998..In situ hybridization demonstrates the presence of Kv1.7 in mouse pancreatic islet cells. Kv1.7 was also isolated from mouse brain and hamster insulinoma cells by polymerase chain reaction...
- Juvenile bare: a new hair loss mutation on chromosome 7 of the mouseP W Lane
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA
J Hered 89:254-7. 1998..The hair loss is caused by a recessive mutation, which we have named juvenile bare (jb), located on proximal chromosome 7...
- Chromosomal mapping of five mouse G protein gamma subunitsG B Downes
Department of Anesthesiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, 63110, USA
Genomics 57:173-6. 1999..Combined with previous mapping studies, these data indicate that, with the possible exception of gamma1 and gamma11, the G protein gamma subunit genes are well dispersed within the mouse and human genomes...
- Enzyme-activity mutants in Mus musculus. I. Phenotypic description and genetic characterization of ethylnitrosourea-induced mutationsW Pretsch
GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, Institute of Mammalian Genetics, Ingolstadter Landstrasse 1, D 85764 Neuherberg, Germany
Mamm Genome 11:537-42. 2000..Genetic and biochemical characterizations were routinely performed. These mutants provide insight into the mechanism of ENU mutagenesis and can serve as models for structure-function studies of the corresponding enzymes...
- How antibodies to a ubiquitous cytoplasmic enzyme may provoke joint-specific autoimmune diseaseIsao Matsumoto
Section on Immunology and Immunogenetics, Joslin Diabetes Center Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 1 Joslin Place, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Nat Immunol 3:360-5. 2002..pathogenic immunoglobulins (Igs) that recognize the ubiquitous cytoplasmic enzyme glucose-6-phosphate isomerase (GPI)...
- Tumor autocrine motility factor induces hyperpermeability of endothelial and mesothelial cells leading to accumulation of ascites fluidTatsuyoshi Funasaka
Department of Hygienics, Gifu Pharmaceutical University, 5 6 1 Mitahora Higashi, Gifu 502 8585, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 293:192-200. 2002..Here, we report a new factor that is involved in this process, e.g., autocrine motility factor (AMF)...
- The roles of Pax6 in the cornea, retina, and olfactory epithelium of the developing mouse embryoJ Martin Collinson
Division of Reproductive and Developmental Sciences, Genes and Development Group, University of Edinburgh, Hugh Robson Building, George Square, Edinburgh EH8 9XD, Scotland, UK
Dev Biol 255:303-12. 2003....
- Chromosomal localization, hematologic characterization, and iron metabolism of the hereditary erythroblastic anemia (hea) mutant mouseRobert A White
Children s Mercy Hospitals and Clinics, Pediatric Research Center, 4th Floor, 2401 Gillham Rd, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Blood 104:1511-8. 2004..When this diet is removed there is reversion to anemia with concomitant loss of overloaded iron stores. We speculate that the hea/fsn gene is required for iron uptake into erythropoietic cells and for kidney iron reabsorption...
- The crystal structure of mouse phosphoglucose isomerase at 1.6A resolution and its complex with glucose 6-phosphate reveals the catalytic mechanism of sugar ring openingJ T Graham Solomons
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
J Mol Biol 342:847-60. 2004b>Phosphoglucose isomerase (PGI) is an enzyme of glycolysis that interconverts glucose 6-phosphate (G6P) and fructose 6-phosphate (F6P) but, outside the cell, is a multifunctional cytokine...
- Glutamate oxaloacetate transaminase (got) genetics in the mouse: polymorphism of got-1V M Chapman
Department of Biology, Kline Biology Tower, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520
Genetics 70:299-305. 1972..Furthermore, no close linkage of Got-1 and the loci c, Gpi-1, Mod-2, Mod-1, Ld-1, Gpd-1, Pgm-1 or Gpo-1 was observed...