Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Got2
Description: glutamatic-oxaloacetic transaminase 2, mitochondrial
Alias: AL022787, FABP-pm, Got-2, Kyat4, mAspAT, aspartate aminotransferase, mitochondrial, FABP-1, FABPpm, fatty acid-binding protein, glutamate oxaloacetate transaminase 2, mitochondrial, kynurenine aminotransferase 4, kynurenine aminotransferase IV, kynurenine--oxoglutarate transaminase 4, kynurenine--oxoglutarate transaminase IV, mitochondrial aspartate aminotransferase, plasma membrane fatty acid binding protein, plasma membrane-associated fatty acid-binding protein, transaminase A
- Acute mitochondrial dysfunction after blast exposure: potential role of mitochondrial glutamate oxaloacetate transaminasePeethambaran Arun
Blast Induced Neurotrauma Branch, Center for Military Psychiatry and Neuroscience, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Silver Spring, Maryland
J Neurotrauma 30:1645-51. 2013..In neurons, mitochondrial glutamate oxaloacetate transaminase (GOT2) plays a critical role in metabolism and energy production...
- Adiponectin enhances mouse fetal fat depositionLiping Qiao
Department of Pediatrics, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California, USA
Diabetes 61:3199-207. 2012..Together, our study indicates that adiponectin enhances fetal fat deposition and plays an important role in maternal obesity-induced high birth weight...
- Biochemical and structural characterization of mouse mitochondrial aspartate aminotransferase, a newly identified kynurenine aminotransferase-IVQian Han
Department of Biochemistry, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA 24061, USA
Biosci Rep 31:323-32. 2011Mammalian mAspAT (mitochondrial aspartate aminotransferase) is recently reported to have KAT (kynurenine aminotransferase) activity and plays a role in the biosynthesis of KYNA (kynurenic acid) in rat, mouse and human brains...
- Esterase-30 (ES-30) of the house mouse: biochemical characterization and genetics of a new carboxylesterase isozyme linked to cluster-2 loci on chromosome 8A Ronai
Abteilung für Chemische Pathologie, Universitat Freiburg, Bundesrepublik Deutschland
Biochem Genet 31:279-94. 1993..Locus Es-30 is shown to be closely linked to Es-2 and to Es-7 of cluster-2 on chromosome 8. The gene order Es-9--Got-2--(Es-2, Es-7, Es-30) is suggested...
- Thermal stability, pH dependence and inhibition of four murine kynurenine aminotransferasesQian Han
Department of Biochemistry, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, 24061, USA
BMC Biochem 11:19. 2010..KAT III/cysteine conjugate beta-lyase 2, and KAT IV/glutamic-oxaloacetic transaminase 2/mitochondrial aspartate aminotransferase, have been reported in mammalian brains...
- IL-6 deficiency increases fatty acid transporters and intramuscular lipid content in red but not white skeletal muscleA Chabowski
Department of Physiology, Medical University of Bialystok, Bialystok, Poland
J Physiol Pharmacol 59:105-17. 2008..lipid accumulation, possibly via a concurrent increase in fatty acid transporters such as FAT/CD36 and FABPpm. This however may only occur in oxidative muscles which utilize fatty acids at a greater rate than glycolytic ..
- Ligand-activated peroxisome proliferator activated receptor gamma alters placental morphology and placental fatty acid uptake in miceW Timothy Schaiff
Washington University School of Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Campus Box 8064, 4566 Scott Avenue, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Endocrinology 148:3625-34. 2007..These results demonstrate that in vivo activation of PPARgamma modulates placental morphology and fatty acid accumulation...
- Attack behaviors in mice: from factorial structure to quantitative trait loci mappingPierre L Roubertoux
Genetique, Neurogénétique, Comportement, CNRS Université de Parìs V, then P3M CNRS Université de la Méditerranée, Marseille, France
Eur J Pharmacol 526:172-85. 2005....
- Slc25a13-knockout mice harbor metabolic deficits but fail to display hallmarks of adult-onset type II citrullinemiaDavid S Sinasac
Genetics and Genomic Biology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1X8
Mol Cell Biol 24:527-36. 2004..These observations are compatible, however, with the variable age of onset, incomplete penetrance, and strong ethnic bias seen in CTLN2 where additional environmental and/or genetic triggers are now suspected...
- Mitochondrial aspartate aminotransferase: direction of a single protein with two distinct functions to two subcellular sites does not require alternative splicing of the mRNAM W Bradbury
Department of Medicine Division of Liver Diseases, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Box 1633, 1 Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, USA
Biochem J 345:423-7. 2000..Using probes derived from the a allele, RNase protection analyses indicated that only a single message for the enzyme was present in 3T3-L1 fibroblasts and adipocytes, despite differences in subcellular protein distribution...
- Regulation of putative fatty acid transporters and Acyl-CoA synthetase in liver and adipose tissue in ob/ob miceR A Memon
Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, USA
Diabetes 48:121-7. 1999....
- Esterase-6 (Es-6) in laboratory mice: hormone-influenced expression and linkage relationship to oligosyndactylism (Os), esterase-1 (Es-1), and esterase-2 (Es-2) in chromosome 8J E Womack
Biochem Genet 13:311-22. 1975..A four-point test cross established the gene order Os-Es-1-Es-6-Es-2 within a 10-cM segment on chromosome 8...
- Linkage of the equine serum esterase (Es) and mitochondrial glutamate oxaloacetate transaminase (GOTM) loci. A horse-mouse homologyL Andersson
J Hered 74:361-4. 1983..The assumed homology also involves rabbit LG VI, rat LG V, and human chromosome 16. The observation is a striking example of the conservation of linkage relationships between mammalian species...
- Genetic mapping of ecotropic murine leukemia virus-inducing loci in six inbred strainsC A Kozak
J Exp Med 155:524-34. 1982..These studies provide further evidence that endogenous ecotropic V loci are present at different chromosomal sites in unrelated mouse strains and emphasize the role of germ line reinfections in the generation of this diversity...
- Glutamate oxalate transaminase (GOT) genetics in Mus musculus: linkage, polymorphism, and phenotypes of the Got-2 and Got-1 lociR J DeLorenzo
Biochem Genet 4:259-73. 1970
- Biochemistry and genetics of esterase-20 (ES-20), a second trimeric carboxylesterase of the house mouse (Mus musculus). II. A unique recombination reveals ES-20 as a hybrid enzymeB Wassmer
Biochem Genet 23:759-70. 1985..This result satisfactorily accounted for the genetic finding, as well as a range of biochemical properties of ES-20...
- Cloning and sequence analysis of mRNA for mouse aspartate aminotransferase isoenzymesK Obaru
J Biol Chem 261:16976-83. 1986The nucleotide sequences of mRNAs for the mouse mitochondrial and cytosolic aspartate aminotransferase isoenzymes (mAspAT and cAspAT) (EC 184.108.40.206) were determined from complementary DNAs...
- Structural organization of the mouse mitochondrial aspartate aminotransferase geneT Tsuzuki
Department of Biochemistry, Kumamoto University Medical School, Japan
J Mol Biol 198:21-31. 1987Structural organization of the entire mouse mitochondrial aspartate aminotransferase (EC 220.127.116.11) gene was determined by analyzing the overlapping genomic clones obtained from a Charon 4A DNA library...
- Gene mapping on mouse chromosome 8 by interspecific crosses: new data on a linkage group conserved on human chromosome 16qG Scherer
Institute of Human Genetics, Freiburg, Federal Republic of Germany
Genomics 5:275-82. 1989..While map distances between HP-TAT,HP-CTRB, and TAT-CTRB of respectively 7, 11, and 9 cM have previously been measured in man, no crossovers between Hp, Tat, and Ctrb were observed in over 100 meioses in the mouse...
- Genetic and developmental regulation of the lipoprotein lipase gene: loci both distal and proximal to the lipoprotein lipase structural gene control enzyme expressionT G Kirchgessner
Department of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles 90024
J Biol Chem 264:1473-82. 1989..This indicates that combined deficiencies of LPL and hepatic lipase, observed in humans as well as in certain mutant strains of mice, do not result from focal disruptions of a cluster of lipase genes...
- Ankyrin and the hemolytic anemia mutation, nb, map to mouse chromosome 8: presence of the nb allele is associated with a truncated erythrocyte ankyrinR A White
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, ME 04609
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 87:3117-21. 1990..The linkage data suggest that the mouse and human diseases result from mutations in homologous loci...
- Genetic and biochemical characterization of a new chymotrypsin isozyme of the house mouse, CTRA-1O H von Deimling
Abteilung für Chemische Pathologie, Universitat Freiburg, Bundesrepublik Deutschland
Biochem Genet 29:545-57. 1991..From two backcross series, including a total of 274 animals, the gene order (Es-1, Es-9)-3.9 +/- 1.7%-Got-2-3.9 +/- 1.7%-(Es-2, Es-7, Es-23)-0.7 +/- 0.5%- Ctra-1-6.3 +/- 2.2%-Prt-2 was established...
- Polymorphism and linkage of glutathione reductase in Mus musculusE A Nichols
Biochem Genet 13:323-9. 1975..Using an electrophoretic variant for glutathione reductase, we have been able to map the structural gene for this enzyme to chromosome 8 in Mus musculus...
- Polymorphism of esterase 11 in Mus musculus, a further esterase locus on chromosome 8J Peters
Biochem Genet 15:217-26. 1977..In F1 hybrids (IS/Cam X C57BL/Gr), the phenotype shown corresponds to a mixture of the two parental phenotypes. In backcrosses, ES-11 segregates as an autosomal gene, designated Es-11, closely linked to Es-2 and Es-5 on chromosome 8...
- Strain distribution pattern for SSLP markers in the SWXJ recombinant inbred strain set: chromosomes 7 to XK L Shultz
Jackson Laboratory, 600 Main Street, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609, USA
Mamm Genome 7:526-32. 1996..Combined with the 165 loci for Chr 1-6 reported previously (Svenson et al., Mamm. Genome 6, 867, 1995), the SWXJ RI set represents a powerful tool for mapping genes in neoplastic as well as other heritable disorders...
- High-resolution mapping of a linkage group on mouse chromosome 8 conserved on human chromosome 16QJ Becker-Follmann
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Freiburg, Breisacherstr 33, D 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Mamm Genome 8:172-7. 1997..1-Mmp2-0.2-Ces1,Es1, Es22-1.2-Mt1,D8Mit15-2.2-Got2, D8Mit11-3.7-Es30-0.3-Es2, Es7-0.9-Ctra1,Lcat-0.3-Cdh1, Cadp, Nmor1, D8Mit12-0.2-Mov34-2.5-Hp,Tat-0.2-Zfp4-1...