Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Gfi1b
Description: growth factor independent 1B
Alias: Gfi-1B, zinc finger protein Gfi-1b, growth factor independent protein 1B
- Characterization of transcriptional networks in blood stem and progenitor cells using high-throughput single-cell gene expression analysisVictoria Moignard
Department of Haematology, Wellcome Trust and MRC Cambridge Stem Cell Institute and Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 0XY, UK
Nat Cell Biol 15:363-72. 2013..correlated transcription factor pairings, including previously unrecognized relationships between Gata2, Gfi1 and Gfi1b. Validation using transcriptional and transgenic assays confirmed direct regulatory interactions consistent with a ..
- The zinc-finger proto-oncogene Gfi-1b is essential for development of the erythroid and megakaryocytic lineagesShireen Saleque
Department of Pediatric Oncology, Children s Hospital, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Genes Dev 16:301-6. 2002..Myelopoiesis is normal. Therefore, Gfi-1b is an essential transcriptional regulator of erythroid and megakaryocyte development...
- Direct transcriptional repression of the genes encoding the zinc-finger proteins Gfi1b and Gfi1 by Gfi1bLothar Vassen
Institut für Zellbiologie Tumorforschung, IFZ, Universitätsklinikum Essen Virchowstrasse 173, D 45122 Essen, Germany
Nucleic Acids Res 33:987-98. 2005b>Gfi1b is a 37 kDa transcriptional repressor with six zinc-finger domains that is differentially expressed during hemato- and lymphopoiesis...
- GATA-1 forms distinct activating and repressive complexes in erythroid cellsPatrick Rodriguez
Department of Cell Biology, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
EMBO J 24:2354-66. 2005..Based on these findings, we suggest a model for the different roles of GATA-1 in erythroid differentiation...
- Gfi1 and Gfi1b act equivalently in haematopoiesis, but have distinct, non-overlapping functions in inner ear developmentKatharina Fiolka
Institut für Zellbiologie Tumorforschung, Universitatsklinikum Essen, 45122 Essen, Germany
EMBO Rep 7:326-33. 2006..It shares with its paralogue Gfi1b an amino-terminal SNAG repressor domain and six carboxy-terminal zinc-finger motifs, but differs from Gfi1b in ..
- Gfi1b alters histone methylation at target gene promoters and sites of gamma-satellite containing heterochromatinLothar Vassen
Institut für Zellbiologie Tumorforschung, IFZ, Universitatsklinikum Essen, Essen, Germany
EMBO J 25:2409-19. 2006b>Gfi1b is a 37 kDa nuclear protein with six C2H2 zinc-finger domains that can silence transcription upon binding to specific target gene promoters...
- Evidence that growth factor independence 1b regulates dormancy and peripheral blood mobilization of hematopoietic stem cellsCyrus Khandanpour
Institut de Recherches Cliniques de Montreal, Canada
Blood 116:5149-61. 2010..We report here that adult mice conditionally deficient for the transcription Growth factor independence 1b (Gfi1b) show a significant expansion of functional HSCs in the bone marrow and blood...
- Combinatorial transcriptional control in blood stem/progenitor cells: genome-wide analysis of ten major transcriptional regulatorsNicola K Wilson
University of Cambridge Department of Haematology, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 0XY, UK
Cell Stem Cell 7:532-44. 2010..1, ERG, FLI-1, and GFI1B), thus providing the most comprehensive TF data set for any adult stem/progenitor cell type to date...
- Differential transcriptional regulation of meis1 by Gfi1b and its co-factors LSD1 and CoRESTAsif H Chowdhury
Department of Biology, The City College of New York, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e53666. 2013b>Gfi1b (growth factor independence 1b) is a zinc finger transcription factor essential for development of the erythroid and megakaryocytic lineages...
- Gfi1b negatively regulates Rag expression directly and via the repression of FoxO1Danae Schulz
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
J Exp Med 209:187-99. 2012..Using a complementary DNA library screen, we identified the transcriptional repressor Gfi1b as negative regulator of the Rag locus...
- The Gfi-1B proto-oncoprotein represses p21WAF1 and inhibits myeloid cell differentiationB Tong
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
Mol Cell Biol 18:2462-73. 1998....
- The zinc finger transcription factor Gfi1, implicated in lymphomagenesis, is required for inner ear hair cell differentiation and survivalDeeann Wallis
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Development 130:221-32. 2003..Much work has shown that Gfi1 and Gfi1b, a second mouse homolog, play pivotal roles in blood cell lineage differentiation...
- Targeted transcriptional repression of Gfi1 by GFI1 and GFI1B in lymphoid cellsLoretta L Doan
Institute for Cellular Therapeutics, University of Louisville, KY, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 32:2508-19. 2004Growth factor independence-1 (GFI1) and GFI1B are closely related, yet differentially expressed transcriptional repressors with nearly identical DNA binding domains...
- Gfi1b:green fluorescent protein knock-in mice reveal a dynamic expression pattern of Gfi1b during hematopoiesis that is largely complementary to Gfi1Lothar Vassen
Institut für Zellbiologie Tumorforschung, Universitatsklinikum Essen, Germany
Blood 109:2356-64. 2007b>Gfi1b and Gfi1 are 37- and 55-kDa transcriptional repressors that share common features such as a 20-amino acid (aa) N-terminal SNAG domain, a nonconserved intermediary domain, and 6 highly conserved C-terminal zinc fingers...
- Epigenetic regulation of hematopoietic differentiation by Gfi-1 and Gfi-1b is mediated by the cofactors CoREST and LSD1Shireen Saleque
Division of Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mol Cell 27:562-72. 2007..Lineage-restricted deployment of these cofactors through interaction with Gfi proteins controls hematopoietic differentiation...
- The human homologue (GFI1B) of the chicken GFI gene maps to chromosome 9q34.13-A locus frequently altered in hematopoietic diseasesB Rodel
Institut für Zellbiologie Tumorforschung, IFZ, Universit atsklinikum Essen, Virchowstrasse 173, Essen, D 45122, Germany
Genomics 54:580-2. 1998
- GFI1B, EVI5, MYB--additional genes that cooperate with the human BCL6 gene to promote the development of lymphomasBeverly W Baron
Department of Pathology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA Electronic address
Blood Cells Mol Dis 52:68-75. 2014..We now report three newly identified cooperating genes-GFI1B, EVI5, and MYB-that we identified in the lymphomas of retroviral-injected BCL6 transgenic mice (but not in ..
- The C terminus of p53 regulates gene expression by multiple mechanisms in a target- and tissue-specific manner in vivoPierre Jacques Hamard
Department of Oncological Sciences
Genes Dev 27:1868-85. 2013..Thus, the C terminus of p53 regulates gene expression via multiple mechanisms depending on the tissue and target, and this leads to specific phenotypic effects in vivo. ..
- Gfi1 and gfi1b repress rag transcription in plasmacytoid dendritic cells in vitroKwan T Chow
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e75891. 2013Growth factor independence genes (Gfi1 and Gfi1b) repress recombination activating genes (Rag) transcription in developing B lymphocytes...
- Corepressor Rcor1 is essential for murine erythropoiesisHuilan Yao
Blood 123:3175-84. 2014..implicated in myeloid cytokine signaling, is a direct target for both Rcor1 and the transcription repressor Gfi1b in erythroid cells...
- Distinct, strict requirements for Gfi-1b in adult bone marrow red cell and platelet generationAdlen Foudi
Cancer Center, 2 Center for Regenerative Medicine, and 3 Department of Pathology, Massachusetts General Hospital, 4 Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114
J Exp Med 211:909-27. 2014..Together our study establishes Gfi-1b as a master transcriptional repressor of adult erythropoiesis and thrombopoiesis. ..
- Growth factor independence 1b (gfi1b) is important for the maturation of erythroid cells and the regulation of embryonic globin expressionLothar Vassen
Institut de Recherches Cliniques de Montreal, IRCM, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
PLoS ONE 9:e96636. 2014Growth factor independence 1b (GFI1B) is a DNA binding repressor of transcription with vital functions in hematopoiesis. Gfi1b-null embryos die at midgestation very likely due to defects in erythro- and megakaryopoiesis...
- Antagonistic actions of Rcor proteins regulate LSD1 activity and cellular differentiationGhanshyam Upadhyay
Department of Biology, City College of New York and Graduate Center of City University of New York, New York, NY 10031 and
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:8071-6. 2014..Recruitment of Rcor3 to cognate gene targets by Gfi1b and LSD1 leads to inhibition of H3K4 demethylation of chromatin and transcriptional derepression of these loci...
- Enhancer hijacking activates GFI1 family oncogenes in medulloblastomaPaul A Northcott
1 Division of Pediatric Neurooncology, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, Heidelberg 69120, Germany 2
Nature 511:428-34. 2014..in specific and mutually exclusive activation of the growth factor independent 1 family proto-oncogenes, GFI1 and GFI1B. Somatic structural variants juxtapose GFI1 or GFI1B coding sequences proximal to active enhancer elements, ..
- Interferon regulatory factor 8 (IRF8) interacts with the B cell lymphoma 6 (BCL6) corepressor BCORJeongheon Yoon
From the Laboratory of Immunogenetics, NIAID, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, Maryland 20852 and
J Biol Chem 289:34250-7. 2014..Taken together, these data suggest that a complex comprising BCOR-BCL6-IRF8 modulates BCL6-associated transcriptional regulation of germinal center B cell function. ..
- Reciprocal regulation of alternative lineages by Rgs18 and its transcriptional repressor Gfi1bAnanya Sengupta
Dept of Biology, The City College of New York and the Graduate Center of the City University of New York, 160 Convent Avenue, New York, NY 10031, USA
J Cell Sci 129:145-54. 2016..We now demonstrate the role of Rgs18, a GTPase-activating protein and transcriptional target of the repressor Gfi1b, in regulating these processes in mouse and human cells...
- Tuft cells, taste-chemosensory cells, orchestrate parasite type 2 immunity in the gutMichael R Howitt
Departments of Immunology and Infectious Diseases and Genetics and Complex Diseases, Harvard T H Chan School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Science 351:1329-33. 2016..Our results identify intestinal tuft cells as critical sentinels in the gut epithelium that promote type 2 immunity in response to intestinal parasites. ..
- Origin of the brush cell lineage in the mouse intestinal epitheliumMatthew Bjerknes
Department of Medicine, Clinical Science Division, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 1A8
Dev Biol 362:194-218. 2012..We also report that brush cells are derived from Gfi1b-expressing progenitors...
- GFI1 and GFI1B control the loss of endothelial identity of hemogenic endothelium during hematopoietic commitmentChristophe Lancrin
Cancer Research UK Stem Cell Biology Group, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom
Blood 120:314-22. 2012..Here, we report the identification of Gfi1 and Gfi1b as direct targets of RUNX1 and critical regulators of EHT...
- Scl represses cardiomyogenesis in prospective hemogenic endothelium and endocardiumBen Van Handel
Department of Molecular, Cell, and Developmental Biology, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Cell 150:590-605. 2012..These results reveal unexpected plasticity in embryonic endothelium such that loss of a single master regulator can induce ectopic cardiomyogenesis from endothelial cells...
- Integration of Elf-4 into stem/progenitor and erythroid regulatory networks through locus-wide chromatin studies coupled with in vivo functional validationAileen M Smith
University of Cambridge Department of Haematology, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 32:763-73. 2012..Finally, the transcriptional repressor Gfi1b was found to bind to and repress one of the Elf-4 promoters (-30P), and we show that this repression of Elf-4 is ..
- Identification of a novel member of the snail/Gfi-1 repressor family, mlt 1, which is methylated and silenced in liver tumors of SV40 T antigen transgenic miceM Tateno
CREST, Japan Science and Technology Corporation and Genome Science Laboratory, RIKEN Tsukuba Institute, Ibaraki
Cancer Res 61:1144-53. 2001....