Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Gata2
Description: GATA binding protein 2
Alias: Gata-2, endothelial transcription factor GATA-2
Publications136 found, 100 shown here
- Dynamic GATA factor interplay at a multicomponent regulatory region of the GATA-2 locusMelissa L Martowicz
University of Wisconsin Medical School, Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology Program, Department of Pharmacology, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
J Biol Chem 280:1724-32. 2005..We propose that GATA-2 transcription is regulated via the collective actions of complexes assembled at the -2.8- and -1.8-kb regions, which share similar properties, and through a qualitatively distinct activity of the -3.9-kb complex...
- GATA factor activity is required for the trophoblast-specific transcriptional regulation of the mouse placental lactogen I geneY K Ng
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Cell Biology, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL 60208 3500
Development 120:3257-66. 1994....
- Novel insights into erythroid development revealed through in vitro differentiation of GATA-1 embryonic stem cellsM J Weiss
Division of Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts
Genes Dev 8:1184-97. 1994..The approach used here is a paradigm for the phenotypic analysis of targeted mutations affecting hematopoietic development...
- An early haematopoietic defect in mice lacking the transcription factor GATA-2F Y Tsai
Division of Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
Nature 371:221-6. 1994..We propose that GATA-2 regulates genes controlling growth factor responsiveness or the proliferative capacity of early haematopoietic cells...
- Transcription factor GATA-2 is required for proliferation/survival of early hematopoietic cells and mast cell formation, but not for erythroid and myeloid terminal differentiationF Y Tsai
Division of Hematology Oncology and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Children s Hospital, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 89:3636-43. 1997..Analysis of GATA-2-/-/p53-/- compound-mutant embryos shows that the absence of p53 partially restores the number of total GATA-2-/- hematopoietic cells, and therefore suggests a potential link between GATA-2 and p53 pathways...
- Characterization of definitive lymphohematopoietic stem cells in the day 9 murine yolk sacM C Yoder
Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Department of Pediatrics, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202, USA
Immunity 7:335-44. 1997..Surprisingly, 37-fold more CD34+c-Kit+ cells reside in the day 9 yolk sac than in the P-Sp. In sum, definitive HSC are coexistent, but not equal in number, in the murine yolk sac and P-Sp prior to fetal liver colonization...
- Alternative promoters regulate transcription of the mouse GATA-2 geneN Minegishi
Center for Tsukuba Advanced Research Alliance and Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennoudai, Tsukuba 305, Japan
J Biol Chem 273:3625-34. 1998..These data indicate that the proximal 80 base pair region of IS promoter is important for the generation of cell type-specific expression of mGATA-2 from the IS exon...
- Expression and genetic interaction of transcription factors GATA-2 and GATA-3 during development of the mouse central nervous systemJ Nardelli
Cytosquelette et Développement, CNRS URA 2115, CHU Pitie Salpetriere, 105 Boulevard de l Hôpital, Paris Cedex, 75 634, France
Dev Biol 210:305-21. 1999....
- The mouse GATA-2 gene is expressed in the para-aortic splanchnopleura and aorta-gonads and mesonephros regionN Minegishi
Center for Tsukuba Advanced Research Alliance and Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Japan
Blood 93:4196-207. 1999..These experiments describe an early developmental GATA-2 hematopoietic enhancer located between 6.0 and 2.5 kbp 5' to the IS exon...
- GATA3 is downregulated during hair cell differentiation in the mouse cochleaM N Rivolta
Department of Physiology, School of Medical Sciences, University of Bristol, UK
J Neurocytol 27:637-47. 1998..We suggest that GATA3 could act as a repressor of critical genes involved in cell differentiation in the organ of Corti, enabling a progressive formation of the adult cellular pattern...
- The transcription factor GATA3 is a downstream effector of Hoxb1 specification in rhombomere 4I Pata
Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Tartu, 51010 Tartu, Estonia
Development 126:5523-31. 1999..Function of GATA3 in ventral rhombomere (r) 4 is dependent on functional GATA2, which in turn is under the control of Hoxb1...
- GATA factors are essential for transcription of the survival gene E4bp4 and the viability response of interleukin-3 in Ba/F3 hematopoietic cellsYung luen Yu
Graduate Institute of Life Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, Academia Sinica, No 128, Sec 2, Yen Jiou Yuan Road, Taipei, 115 Taiwan
J Biol Chem 277:27144-53. 2002..Taken together, our results suggest that the GATA factors play an important role in transducing the survival signal of IL-3, and one of their cellular targets is E4bp4...
- Establishing the transcriptional programme for blood: the SCL stem cell enhancer is regulated by a multiprotein complex containing Ets and GATA factorsBerthold Gottgens
University of Cambridge Department of Haematology, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2XY, UK
EMBO J 21:3039-50. 2002..Our results suggest that these transcription factors are key components of an enhanceosome responsible for activating SCL transcription and establishing the transcriptional programme required for HSC formation...
- GATA-2 and GATA-2/ER display opposing activities in the development and differentiation of blood progenitorsKenji Kitajima
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, Suita 565 0871, Japan
EMBO J 21:3060-9. 2002....
- GATA-factor dependence of the multitype zinc-finger protein FOG-1 for its essential role in megakaryopoiesisAaron N Chang
Division of Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital and Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Department of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:9237-42. 2002..On the basis of these and previous reports, we infer that GATA factor dependence is a critical aspect of FOG protein function...
- GATA-2/estrogen receptor chimera regulates cytokine-dependent growth of hematopoietic cells through accumulation of p21(WAF1) and p27(Kip1) proteinsSachiko Ezoe
Department of Hematology Oncology and Molecular Oncology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2, Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Blood 100:3512-20. 2002..These results suggest that GATA-2 may regulate expression levels of p21(WAF1) and p27(Kip1), thereby contributing to the quiescence of hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells...
- Expression and domain-specific function of GATA-2 during differentiation of the hematopoietic precursor cells in midgestation mouse embryosNaoko Minegishi
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Tsukuba, Japan
Blood 102:896-905. 2003..A reduction of GATA-2 expression or activity is required for the differentiation of precursors to hematopoietic cells...
- GATA-1-dependent transcriptional repression of GATA-2 via disruption of positive autoregulation and domain-wide chromatin remodelingJeffrey A Grass
Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology Program, Department of Pharmacology, University of Wisconsin Medical School, 383 Medical Sciences Center, 1300 University Avenue, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:8811-6. 2003..Such a mechanism is predicted to be critical for the control of hematopoiesis...
- Role of Phox2b and Mash1 in the generation of the vestibular efferent nucleusM C Tiveron
CNRS UMR 6156, NMDA IBDM, Case 907 Parc Scientifique de Luminy, 13288, Marseille Cedex 9, France
Dev Biol 260:46-57. 2003....
- Functional overlap of GATA-1 and GATA-2 in primitive hematopoietic developmentYuko Fujiwara
Children s Hospital, Enders 760, 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 103:583-5. 2004..Thus, the function of GATA-1 and GATA-2 overlaps at the yolk sac stage. Moreover, a GATA factor, either GATA-1 or GATA-2, is required to initiate blood formation in the embryo...
- Gata2 specifies serotonergic neurons downstream of sonic hedgehogSarah E Craven
Department of Molecular Biology, Genentech Inc, 1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Development 131:1165-73. 2004..2 and Nkx6.1 cooperate to induce the closely related zinc-finger transcription factors Gata2 and Gata3...
- GATA-2 plays two functionally distinct roles during the ontogeny of hematopoietic stem cellsKam Wing Ling
Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, Eramus University Medical Center, 3000 DR Rotterdam, Netherlands
J Exp Med 200:871-82. 2004..Thus, GATA-2 plays at least two functionally distinct roles during ontogeny of HSCs: the production and expansion of HSCs in the aorta-gonad-mesonephros and the proliferation of HSCs in the adult bone marrow...
- RBPjkappa-dependent Notch function regulates Gata2 and is essential for the formation of intra-embryonic hematopoietic cellsAlex Robert-Moreno
Centre Oncologia Molecular, IDIBELL Institut de Recerca Oncologica, Hospitalet, Barcelona 08907, Spain
Development 132:1117-26. 2005..progenitors, accompanied by the lack of expression of the hematopoietic transcription factors Aml1/Runx1, Gata2 and Scl/Tal1. We show that in wild-type embryos, a few cells lining the aorta endothelium at E9...
- Haploinsufficiency of GATA-2 perturbs adult hematopoietic stem-cell homeostasisNeil P Rodrigues
Center for Regenerative Medicine and Technology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02129, USA
Blood 106:477-84. 2005..Thus, GATA-2 dose regulates adult stem-cell homeostasis by affecting select aspects of stem cell function...
- GATA motifs regulate early hematopoietic lineage-specific expression of the Gata2 geneMaki Kobayashi-Osaki
Center for Tsukuba Advanced Research Alliance, University of Tsukuba, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 25:7005-20. 2005..The expression of a green fluorescent protein (GFP) reporter placed under the control of a 3.1-kbp Gata2 gene regulatory domain 5' to the distal first exon (IS) mirrored that of the endogenous Gata2 gene within the P-Sp ..
- Redirecting differentiation of hematopoietic progenitors by a transcription factor, GATA-2Kenji Kitajima
Department of Pathology, Medical School and Graduate School of Frontier Biosciences, Osaka University, Yamada oka 2 2, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Blood 107:1857-63. 2006..1 promoter region. This study demonstrates that the function of GATA-2 is modified in a context-dependent manner by expression of PU.1, which in turn is regulated by GATA-2...
- Pituitary-specific Gata2 knockout: effects on gonadotrope and thyrotrope functionMichael A Charles
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0618, USA
Mol Endocrinol 20:1366-77. 2006b>GATA2 is expressed in the pituitary during development and in adult gonadotropes and thyrotropes. It is proposed to be important for gonadotrope and thyrotrope cell fate choice and for TSH production...
- Mast cell IL-4 expression is regulated by Ikaros and influences encephalitogenic Th1 responses in EAEGregory D Gregory
Department of Microbiology Immunology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60611 3010, USA
J Clin Invest 116:1327-36. 2006..These events likely contribute to the genetically determined heterogeneity in Th1 responses that underlie susceptibility to many diseases...
- Context-dependent GATA factor function: combinatorial requirements for transcriptional control in hematopoietic and endothelial cellsRyan J Wozniak
Department of Pharmacology, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Biol Chem 282:14665-74. 2007..For example, GATA-1 and GATA-2 occupy five conserved regions over approximately 100 kb of the Gata2 locus in the transcriptionally repressed and active states, respectively, in erythroid cells...
- Transcriptional repression coordinates the temporal switch from motor to serotonergic neurogenesisJohn Jacob
Developmental Neurobiology, National Institute for Medical Research, The Ridgeway, Mill Hill, London NW7 1AA, UK
Nat Neurosci 10:1433-9. 2007..Moreover, the subsequent differentiation of central serotonergic neurons required both the suppression of VMN neurogenesis and the induction of downstream intrinsic determinants of serotonergic identity by Foxa2...
- Gata2, Fli1, and Scl form a recursively wired gene-regulatory circuit during early hematopoietic developmentJohn E Pimanda
Department of Haematology, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 0XY, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:17692-7. 2007..We describe a regulatory circuit made up of Gata2, Fli1, and Scl/Tal1 and their enhancers, Gata2-3, Fli1+12, and Scl+19, that operates during specification of ..
- GATA-2 regulates granulocyte-macrophage progenitor cell functionNeil P Rodrigues
Medical Research Council Hematology Unit, Weatherall Institute for Molecular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
Blood 112:4862-73. 2008..These data collectively point to GATA-2 as a novel, pivotal determinant of GMP cell fate...
- Serotonergic transcription of human FEV reveals direct GATA factor interactions and fate of Pet-1-deficient serotonin neuron precursorsKatherine C Krueger
Department of Neurosciences, Case Western Reserve University, School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Neurosci 28:12748-58. 2008..Our findings identify a direct transcriptional interaction between Gata-2 and FEV and a unique marker for new insight into FEV/Pet-1 function in 5-HT neuron development...
- A mechanosensitive transcriptional mechanism that controls angiogenesisAkiko Mammoto
Vascular Biology Program, Department of Pathology and Surgery, Children s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 457:1103-8. 2009..the balance of activities between two antagonistic transcription factors, TFII-I (also known as GTF2I) and GATA2, that govern gene expression of the VEGF receptor VEGFR2 (also known as KDR)...
- GATA-2 reinforces megakaryocyte development in the absence of GATA-1Zan Huang
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Northwestern University, Lurie Research Building 5 113, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:5168-80. 2009..Moreover, our data reveal that overexpression of GATA-2 facilitates aberrant megakaryopoiesis...
- A single cis element maintains repression of the key developmental regulator Gata2Jonathan W Snow
Division of Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Genet 6:e1001103. 2010..Here, we have analyzed cis element regulation of the critical hematopoietic factor Gata2, which is expressed in early precursors and repressed as GATA-1 levels rise during terminal differentiation...
- Combinatorial transcriptional control in blood stem/progenitor cells: genome-wide analysis of ten major transcriptional regulatorsNicola K Wilson
University of Cambridge Department of Haematology, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 0XY, UK
Cell Stem Cell 7:532-44. 2010..and combinatorial interactions for ten key regulators of blood stem/progenitor cells (SCL/TAL1, LYL1, LMO2, GATA2, RUNX1, MEIS1, PU...
- Context-dependent function of "GATA switch" sites in vivoJonathan W Snow
Division of Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA, USA
Blood 117:4769-72. 2011..To address this problem in the context of the locus encoding the critical hematopoietic transcription factor Gata2, we engineered mice lacking a cluster of GATA motifs 2.8 kb upstream of the Gata2 transcriptional start site...
- Cis-element mutated in GATA2-dependent immunodeficiency governs hematopoiesis and vascular integrityKirby D Johnson
Department of Cell and Regenerative Biology, Wisconsin Institutes for Medical Research, UW Carbone Cancer Center, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wisconsin 53705, USA
J Clin Invest 122:3692-704. 2012Haploinsufficiency for GATA2 causes human immunodeficiency syndromes characterized by mycobacterial infection, myelodysplasia, lymphedema, or aplastic anemia that progress to myeloid leukemia...
- Conditional Gata2 inactivation results in HSC loss and lymphatic mispatterningKim Chew Lim
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2200, USA
J Clin Invest 122:3705-17. 2012..regulatory properties of this enhancer, we generated a tamoxifen-inducible Cre transgenic mouse line using the Gata2 VE enhancer (Gata2 VECre) and utilized it to temporally direct tissue-specific conditional loss of Gata2...
- Neuronal defects in the hindbrain of Hoxa1, Hoxb1 and Hoxb2 mutants reflect regulatory interactions among these Hox genesAnthony Gavalas
Division of Developmental Neurobiology, MRC National Institute for Medical Research, The Ridgeway, Mill Hill, London NW7 1AA, UK
Development 130:5663-79. 2003..Therefore, we have delineated the functional requirements in hindbrain neuronal patterning that follow the establishment of the genetic regulatory hierarchy between Hoxa1, Hoxb1 and Hoxb2...
- Identification of a novel LIM domain gene, LMCD1, and chromosomal localization in human and mouseI N Bespalova
Department of Human Genetics and Mental Health Research Institute, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0720, USA
Genomics 63:69-74. 2000..Radiation hybrid mapping localized human LMCD1 to the telomeric region of chromosome 3p, and genetic mapping assigned the mouse Lmcd1 locus to the central region of chromosome 6...
- Hematopoietic transcription factor GATA-2 promotes upregulation of alpha globin and cell death in FL5.12 cellsK Brecht
Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research Basel, CH 4002 Basel, Switzerland
Apoptosis 10:1063-78. 2005..We suggest a role of GATA-2 in apoptosis besides its function in maintenance and proliferation of immature hematopoietic progenitors...
- Lowered expressions of the NF-kappaB family members in dendritic cells from NOD mice are associated with a reduced expression of GATA-2Kazuma Takahashi
Department of Diabetes and Metabolism, Iwate Medical University, Morioka, Japan
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1150:59-60. 2008..The reduction of NF-kappaB components possibly underlies the defective phenotype and function of DCs from NOD mice, and could predispose to autoimmunity...
- Sox7-sustained expression alters the balance between proliferation and differentiation of hematopoietic progenitors at the onset of blood specificationArnaud Gandillet
Cancer Research UK, Stem Cell Haematopoiesis Group, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, University of Manchester, Wilmslow Road, Manchester, United Kingdom
Blood 114:4813-22. 2009..Furthermore, our data demonstrate that the mere sustained expression of Sox7 is sufficient to completely alter the balance between proliferation and differentiation at the onset of hematopoiesis...
- Pet-1 is required across different stages of life to regulate serotonergic functionChen Liu
Case Western Reserve University, School of Medicine, Department of Neurosciences, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Nat Neurosci 13:1190-8. 2010..These findings indicate that Pet-1 is required across the lifespan of the mouse and that behavioral pathogenesis can result from both developmental and adult-onset alterations in serotonergic transcription...
- Regulation of GATA factor expression is distinct between erythroid and mast cell lineagesShin Ya Ohmori
Department of Pharmacy, Takasaki University of Health and Welfare, Gunma, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 32:4742-55. 2012The zinc finger transcription factors GATA1 and GATA2 participate in mast cell development...
- Beta-Actin Is Involved in Modulating Erythropoiesis during Development by Fine-Tuning Gata2 Expression LevelsDavina Tondeleir
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
PLoS ONE 8:e67855. 2013..Reduced levels of Gata2, were associated to this phenotype...
- GATA2 and Lmo2 control angiogenesis and lymphangiogenesis via direct transcriptional regulation of neuropilin-2Silvia Coma
Vascular Biology Program, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Karp Building, Room 12 210, 1 Blackfan Circle, Boston, MA, 02115, USA
Angiogenesis 16:939-52. 2013GATA-binding protein 2 (GATA2) and LIM domain only 2 (Lmo2) form common transcription complexes during hematopoietic differentiation...
- Mechanism governing a stem cell-generating cis-regulatory elementRajendran Sanalkumar
Department of Cell and Regenerative Biology, Wisconsin Institutes for Medical Research, Carbone Cancer Center, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI 53705
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:E1091-100. 2014..Previously, we described five dispersed Gata2 locus sequences, termed the -77, -3.9, -2.8, -1.8, and +9...
- Low-level GATA2 overexpression promotes myeloid progenitor self-renewal and blocks lymphoid differentiation in miceSatish K Nandakumar
Department of Experimental Hematology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN, USA Electronic address
Exp Hematol 43:565-77.e1-10. 2015The transcription factor GATA2 is highly expressed in hematopoietic stem cells and is downregulated during lineage maturation...
- Regulation of Hematopoiesis and Methionine Homeostasis by mTORC1 Inhibitor NPRL2Paul A Dutchak
Department of Biochemistry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390 9038, USA
Cell Rep 12:371-9. 2015....
- Repression of arterial genes in hemogenic endothelium is sufficient for haematopoietic fate acquisitionCarlos O Lizama
Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94158, USA
Nat Commun 6:7739. 2015..haematopoietic cells due to loss of Sox17-mediated repression of haematopoietic transcription factors (Runx1 and Gata2). However, the increase in EHT can be abrogated by increased Notch signalling...
- Gata2 Is a Rheostat for Mesenchymal Stem Cell Fate in Male MiceXiaoxiao Li
Department of Pharmacology X L, H H, H Z, Y W, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 and Department of Veterinary Biosciences M S, University of Helsinki, Helsinki 00014, Finland
Endocrinology 157:1021-8. 2016b>Gata2 is a zinc finger transcription factor that is important in hematopoiesis and neuronal development. However, the roles of Gata2 in the mesenchymal lineages are poorly understood...
- Deficiency of microRNA miR-34a expands cell fate potential in pluripotent stem cellsYong Jin Choi
Division of Cellular and Developmental Biology, Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94705, USA
Science . 2017..MERVL expression through transcriptional regulation, at least in part, by targeting the transcription factor Gata2. Altogether, our studies reveal a complex molecular network that defines and restricts pluripotent developmental ..
- UG4 enhancer-driven GATA-2 and bone morphogenetic protein 4 complementation remedies the CAKUT phenotype in Gata2 hypomorphic mutant miceKeiko Ainoya
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 32:2312-22. 2012..We found that anteriorly displaced budding led to obstructed megaureters in Gata2 hypomorphic mutant mice, possibly due to reduced expression of the downstream effector bone morphogenetic protein ..
- Mouse embryonic head as a site for hematopoietic stem cell developmentZhuan Li
307 Ivy Translational Medicine Center, Laboratory of Oncology, Affiliated Hospital of Academy of Military Medical Sciences, Beijing 100071, China
Cell Stem Cell 11:663-75. 2012..We conclude that the mouse embryonic head is a previously unappreciated site for HSC emergence within the developing embryo...
- SON protein regulates GATA-2 through transcriptional control of the microRNA 23a~27a~24-2 clusterErin Eun Young Ahn
Moores UCSD Cancer Center, The University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
J Biol Chem 288:5381-8. 2013..Our data revealed a previously unidentified role of SON in microRNA production via regulating the transcription process, thereby modulating GATA-2 at the protein level during hematopoietic differentiation...
- Microglia emerge from erythromyeloid precursors via Pu.1- and Irf8-dependent pathwaysKatrin Kierdorf
Department of Neuropathology, University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Nat Neurosci 16:273-80. 2013..Our data provide cellular and molecular insights into the origin and development of microglia...
- Foxa1 and foxa2 are required for the maintenance of dopaminergic properties in ventral midbrain neurons at late embryonic stagesSimon R W Stott
Developmental Neurobiology, Medical Research Council National Institute for Medical Research, London NW7 1AA, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 33:8022-34. 2013..These results extend previous findings and demonstrate a later role for Foxa genes in regulating the maintenance of dopaminergic phenotype in mDA neurons...
- Gata2 maps to mouse chromosome 6S L Ciciotte
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609, USA
Mamm Genome 8:69-70. 1997
- GATA-2 and GATA-3 regulate trophoblast-specific gene expression in vivoG T Ma
Department of Biochemistry, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois 60208, USA
Development 124:907-14. 1997....
- The rat microphthalmia-associated transcription factor gene (Mitf) maps at 4q34-q41 and is mutated in the mib ratsK Opdecamp
Laboratory of Developmental Neurogenetics, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Mamm Genome 9:617-21. 1998..transcription factor (Mitf) was assigned to rat Chromosome (Chr) 4q34-q41, as well as the Gata2 and Mem1 genes...
- Reciprocal interactions of Pit1 and GATA2 mediate signaling gradient-induced determination of pituitary cell typesJ S Dasen
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Biomedical Sciences Graduate Program, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0648, USA
Cell 97:587-98. 1999..ventral pituitary cell types is mediated via the reciprocal interactions of two transcription factors, Pit1 and GATA2, which are epistatic to the remainder of the cell type-specific transcription programs and serve as the molecular ..
- A homeobox gene, vax2, controls the patterning of the eye dorsoventral axisA M Barbieri
Telethon Institute of Genetics and Medicine, San Raffaele Biomedical Science Park, 20132 Milan, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:10729-34. 1999..Altogether, these data indicate that vax2 plays a crucial role in eye development and, in particular, in the specification of the ventral optic vesicle...
- Pitx2 regulates lung asymmetry, cardiac positioning and pituitary and tooth morphogenesisC R Lin
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department and School of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093, USA
Nature 401:279-82. 1999..Thus, Pitx2 is a transcription factor that encodes 'leftness' of the lung...
- Pax6 is essential for establishing ventral-dorsal cell boundaries in pituitary gland developmentC Kioussi
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California San Diego, School, Department of Medicine, 9500 Gilman Drive, Cellular and Molecular Medicine Room 345, La Jolla, CA 92093 0648, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:14378-82. 1999..We suggest that the transient dorsal expression of Pax6 is essential for establishing a sharp boundary between dorsal and ventral cell types, based on the inhibition of Shh ventral signals...
- Defects of the heart, eye, and megakaryocytes in peroxisome proliferator activator receptor-binding protein (PBP) null embryos implicate GATA family of transcription factorsSusan E Crawford
Department of Pathology, Northwestern University School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60611 3008, USA
J Biol Chem 277:3585-92. 2002..These observations identify the GATA family of transcription factors as a new interacting partner of PBP and demonstrate that PBP is essential for normal development of vital organ systems...
- Sexually dimorphic expression of Gata-2 during mouse gonad developmentPam Siggers
MRC Mammalian Genetics Unit, Harwell, OX11 0RD, Didcot, UK
Mech Dev 111:159-62. 2002..Comparative in situ hybridisation using the germ cell marker Oct4 (EMBO J., 8, 2543) indicates that Gata-2 transcripts are restricted to the germ cell lineage at 13.5 dpc...
- Pitx2 is required at multiple stages of pituitary organogenesis: pituitary primordium formation and cell specificationHoonkyo Suh
Neuroscience Program, Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0638, USA
Development 129:329-37. 2002..Mechanistically, this is due to the dependence of several critical lineage-specific transcription factors, Pit1, Gata2, Egr1 and Sf1, on a threshold level of PITX2...
- Charge movement and transcription regulation of L-type calcium channel alpha(1S) in skeletal muscle cellsZhenlin Zheng
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
J Physiol 540:397-409. 2002..This study demonstrates that the transcription factors CREB, GATA-2 and SOX-5 play a significant role in the expression of the skeletal muscle DHPR or L-type Ca(2+) channel alpha(1S)...
- Essential and instructive roles of GATA factors in eosinophil developmentRyutaro Hirasawa
Department of Immunology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8575, Japan
J Exp Med 195:1379-86. 2002..Taken together, our findings establish essential and instructive roles of GATA factors in eosinophil development. GATA-1 and GATA-2 could be novel molecular targets for therapeutic approaches to allergic inflammation...
- Coexpression of SCL and GATA3 in the V2 interneurons of the developing mouse spinal cordEmma Smith
Institute for Molecular Bioscience, incorporating the Special Research Centre for Functional and Applied Genomics, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Dev Dyn 224:231-7. 2002..These experiments revealed that SCL is expressed in a medially restricted subpopulation of GATA-3 producing cells, suggesting a possible role for this factor in the differentiation of the GATA population of V2 interneurons...
- Domains of Pit-1 required for transcriptional synergy with GATA-2 on the TSH beta geneDavid F Gordon
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Box B151, 4200 E Ninth Avenue, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 196:53-66. 2002..Thus multiple domains of Pit-1 are required for full synergy with GATA-2 and sequences between the two binding sites contribute to co-occupancy with both factors on the proximal TSH beta promoter...
- Ascl1/Mash1 is required for the development of central serotonergic neuronsAlexandre Pattyn
CNRS UMR 8542, Ecole Normale Superieure, 75005 Paris, France
Nat Neurosci 7:589-95. 2004..Thus Ascl1, which is essential for noradrenergic differentiation, is also a determinant of the serotonergic phenotype...
- Globin gene activation during haemopoiesis is driven by protein complexes nucleated by GATA-1 and GATA-2Eduardo Anguita
MRC Molecular Haematology Unit, Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
EMBO J 23:2841-52. 2004....
- GATA transcription factors inhibit cytokine-dependent growth and survival of a hematopoietic cell line through the inhibition of STAT3 activitySachiko Ezoe
Department of Hematology Oncology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2, Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Biol Chem 280:13163-70. 2005..Together, these results suggest that, besides the roles as transcription factors, GATA family proteins modulate cytokine signals through protein-protein interactions, thereby regulating the growth and survival of hematopoietic cells...
- Phosphorylation of GATA2 by Akt increases adipose tissue differentiation and reduces adipose tissue-related inflammation: a novel pathway linking obesity to atherosclerosisRossella Menghini
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Policlinico Tor Vergata PTV University Hospital, Rome, Italy
Circulation 111:1946-53. 2005Obesity-related inflammation is emerging as a major cause of insulin resistance and cardiovascular diseases. GATA2 transcription factor is an inhibitor of adipogenesis and an activator of vascular cells...
- Conditional mutagenesis of the murine serum response factor gene blocks cardiogenesis and the transcription of downstream gene targetsZhiyv Niu
Center for Cardiovascular Development, Division of Cardiovascular Sciences, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 280:32531-8. 2005....
- Foxn4 acts synergistically with Mash1 to specify subtype identity of V2 interneurons in the spinal cordShengguo Li
Center for Advanced Biotechnology and Medicine and Department of Pediatrics, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, 679 Hoes Lane, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:10688-93. 2005..However, coexpression of both Foxn4 and Mash1 promotes the V2b fate while inhibiting the V2a fate, indicating that Foxn4 cooperates with Mash1 to specify the identity of V2b neurons from bipotential p2 progenitors...
- The transcription factor GATA2 regulates differentiation of brown adipocytesJudy Tsai
Department of Genetics and Complex Diseases, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
EMBO Rep 6:879-84. 2005..We report here that GATA2 is expressed in brown adipocyte precursors, and its expression is downregulated in a differentiation-dependent ..
- MED220/thyroid receptor-associated protein 220 functions as a transcriptional coactivator with Pit-1 and GATA-2 on the thyrotropin-beta promoter in thyrotropesDavid F Gordon
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center Fitzsimons, Mail Stop 8106, P O Box 6511, Aurora, Colorado 80049, USA
Mol Endocrinol 20:1073-89. 2006..Thus, the TSHbeta gene is maximally activated by a combination of three thyrotrope transcription factors that act via both protein-DNA and protein-protein interactions...
- Combinatorial Gata2 and Sca1 expression defines hematopoietic stem cells in the bone marrow nicheNorio Suzuki
Japan Science and Technology Agency JST Exploratory Research for Advanced Technology ERATO Environmental Response Project, Center for Tsukuba Advanced Research Alliance, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennoudai, Tsukuba 305 8577, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:2202-7. 2006..In this study, we found that a Gata2 promoter directs activity in all HSCs...
- Hand2 determines the noradrenergic phenotype in the mouse sympathetic nervous systemYuka Morikawa
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Tulane University, 2000 Percival Stern Hall, New Orleans, LA 70118, USA
Dev Biol 307:114-26. 2007..of other members of the transcriptional circuit regulating SNS development, including Phox2a/b, Mash1 and Gata2/3; however, Hand2 was required for Hand1 expression...
- CREB-binding proteins (CBP) as a transcriptional coactivator of GATA-2HuiJie Jiang
College of Life Sciences, Ludong University, Yantai, 264025, China
Sci China C Life Sci 51:191-8. 2008....
- Antagonism of FOG-1 and GATA factors in fate choice for the mast cell lineageAlan B Cantor
Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Exp Med 205:611-24. 2008..They also provide evidence for lineage instability during early stages of hematopoietic lineage commitment...
- Loss of the protein NUPR1 (p8) leads to delayed LHB expression, delayed ovarian maturation, and testicular development of a sertoli-cell-only syndrome-like phenotype in miceChristina M Million Passe
Medical Sciences Program, Indiana University School of Medicine, Bloomington, Indiana 47405, USA
Biol Reprod 79:598-607. 2008..Factors indicative of pituitary maturation, GATA2, CGA, and TSH, are not differentially expressed in Nupr1(-/-) and Nupr1(+/+) embryos at e17.5...
- Cell signaling directing the formation and function of hemogenic endothelium during murine embryogenesisLauren C Goldie
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Blood 112:3194-204. 2008..Thus, we identify a novel, critical role for RA signaling in the development of hemogenic endothelium that contributes to definitive hematopoiesis...
- Analysis of HSF4 binding regions reveals its necessity for gene regulation during development and heat shock response in mouse lensesMitsuaki Fujimoto
Department of Biochemistry, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, Minami Kogushi 1 1 1, Ube 755 8505, Japan
J Biol Chem 283:29961-70. 2008..These results suggest novel mechanisms of gene regulation controlled by HSF4 in non-classic heat shock response and in lens development...
- Endoglin expression in blood and endothelium is differentially regulated by modular assembly of the Ets/Gata hemangioblast codeJohn E Pimanda
Department of Haematology, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Blood 112:4512-22. 2008..By contrast Pu.1, an Ets factor specific to the blood lineage, and Gata2 binding was only detected in blood...
- Context-dependent function of regulatory elements and a switch in chromatin occupancy between GATA3 and GATA2 regulate Gata2 transcription during trophoblast differentiationSoma Ray
Institute of Maternal Fetal Biology and the Division of Cancer and Developmental Biology, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
J Biol Chem 284:4978-88. 2009GATA transcription factors are important regulators of tissue-specific gene expression during development. GATA2 and GATA3 have been implicated in the regulation of trophoblast-specific genes...
- LMO4 controls the balance between excitatory and inhibitory spinal V2 interneuronsKaumudi Joshi
Department of Molecular Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Neuron 61:839-51. 2009..We further demonstrate that LMO4 nucleates the assembly of a novel LIM-complex containing SCL, Gata2, and NLI...
- Increased c-Jun expression and reduced GATA2 expression promote aberrant monocytic differentiation induced by activating PTPN11 mutantsZhenyun Yang
Department of Pediatrics, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:4376-93. 2009..Evaluation of hematopoietic-specific transcription factor expression indicates reduced GATA2 and elevated c-Jun in mutant Shp2-expressing progenitors...
- Islet-to-LMO stoichiometries control the function of transcription complexes that specify motor neuron and V2a interneuron identityMi Ryoung Song
Bioimaging Research Center and Cell Dynamics Research Center, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, Gwangju, Republic of Korea
Development 136:2923-32. 2009....
- Gata2 is required for the development of inner ear semicircular ducts and the surrounding perilymphatic spaceMaarja Haugas
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, University of Helsinki, Finland
Dev Dyn 239:2452-69. 2010b>Gata2 has essential roles in the development of many organs...
- VE-statin/egfl7 expression in endothelial cells is regulated by a distal enhancer and a proximal promoter under the direct control of Erg and GATA-2Alexandra Le Bras
CNRS, Institut de Biologie de Lille, UMR 8161, Equipe Labellisée La Ligue, Lille, France
PLoS ONE 5:e12156. 2010....
- Notch1-mediated signaling induces MHC class II expression through activation of class II transactivator promoter III in mast cellsNobuhiro Nakano
Atopy Allergy Research Center, Department of Immunology, Juntendo Univesity School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Biol Chem 286:12042-8. 2011..These findings indicate that activation of CIITA pIII plays an important role in MHC class II expression in mast cells...
- Murine leukemia retrovirus integration induces the formation of transcription factor complexes on palindromic sequences in the signal transducer and activator of transcription factor 5a gene during the development of pre-B lymphomagenesisTatsuaki Tsuruyama
Department of Forensic Medicine and Molecular Pathology, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Am J Pathol 178:1374-86. 2011....
- Tcf/Lef repressors differentially regulate Shh-Gli target gene activation thresholds to generate progenitor patterning in the developing CNSHui Wang
Department of Neuroscience and Cell Biology, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 675 Hoes Lane, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Development 138:3711-21. 2011..Together, our data reveal a Shh-Gli-independent transcriptional input that is required to shape the precise spatial and temporal response to extracellular morphogen signaling information during lineage segregation in the CNS...
- Absence of yolk sac hematopoiesis from mice with a targeted disruption of the scl geneL Robb
Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Victoria, Australia
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92:7075-9. 1995..Transcripts of GATA-1 and PU.1 transcription factors were absent from RNA from scl-/- yolk sacs and embryos. These results implicate scl as a crucial regulator of early hematopoiesis...
- FOG1 AND HEMATOPOIESISAlan Cantor; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Proteomic Study of Megakaryocyte Transcriptional ControlAlan Cantor; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results of this study should provide new insights into the transcriptional regulation of megakaryopoiesis, and possibly new therapeutic targets for disorders of megakaryocyte proliferation and development. ..
- Proteomic Approach to Further Understanding the Role of*Alan Cantor; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies should provide important insights that will facilitate the design of novel therapies for MDS. ..
- Gene Modifiers of Retinal DegenerationHENRY DANCIGER; Fiscal Year: 2009..This would make therapeutic approaches simpler. ..