Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Fyn
Description: Fyn proto-oncogene
Alias: AI448320, AW552119, tyrosine-protein kinase Fyn, Src Kinase p59, p59-Fyn, proto-oncogene c-Fyn, proto-oncogene tyrosine-protein kinase Fyn
Publications145 found, 100 shown here
- Angiopoietin-1 prevents VEGF-induced endothelial permeability by sequestering Src through mDiaJulie Gavard
Oral and Pharyngeal Cancer Branch, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, MD 20892 4340, USA
Dev Cell 14:25-36. 2008..This ultimately deprives VEGF receptors of an essential molecule required for promoting the disruption of endothelial cell-cell contacts and paracellular permeability...
- Impaired long-term potentiation, spatial learning, and hippocampal development in fyn mutant miceS G Grant
Center for Neurobiology and Behavior, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032
Science 258:1903-10. 1992Mice with mutations in four nonreceptor tyrosine kinase genes, fyn, src, yes, and abl, were used to study the role of these kinases in long-term potentiation (LTP) and in the relation of LTP to spatial learning and memory...
- The Src family tyrosine kinase Fyn regulates natural killer T cell developmentP Gadue
Graduate Program in Immunology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Exp Med 190:1189-96. 1999T lymphocytes express two Src tyrosine kinases, Lck and Fyn. While thymocyte and T cell subsets are largely normal in fyn(-/-) mice, animals lacking Lck have impaired T cell development...
- Lyn, PKC-delta, SHIP-1 interactions regulate GPVI-mediated platelet-dense granule secretionRamya Chari
Department of Physiology, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Blood 114:3056-63. 2009..Therefore, we conclude that Lyn-mediated phosphorylations of PKC-delta and SHIP-1 and their associations negatively regulate GPVI-mediated dense granule secretion in platelets...
- The involvement of Fyn kinase in resumption of the first meiotic division in mouse oocytesMattan Levi
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Cell Cycle 9:1577-89. 2010..Previous studies suggest a role for Fyn, a non-receptor Src family tyrosine kinase, in the exit from MII arrest...
- Fyn kinase is involved in cleavage furrow ingression during meiosis and mitosisMattan Levi
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Ramat Aviv, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
Reproduction 140:827-34. 2010..Several lines of evidence in somatic cells imply the involvement of Fyn, an Src family kinase (SFK), in cell cycle control and actin functions...
- MAPK, phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase, and mammalian target of rapamycin pathways converge at the level of ribosomal protein S6 phosphorylation to control metabolic signaling in CD8 T cellsRobert J Salmond
Institute of Immunology and Infection Research, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH9 3JT, United Kingdom
J Immunol 183:7388-97. 2009..We show that maximal TCR-induced rpS6 phosphorylation in CD8 T cells requires both Lck and Fyn activity and downstream activation of PI3K, mTOR, and MEK/ERK MAPK pathways...
- The Fyn tyrosine kinase binds Irs-1 and forms a distinct signaling complex during insulin stimulationX J Sun
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Biol Chem 271:10583-7. 1996..By comparison with the insulin receptor, p59fyn kinase phosphorylated a unique cohort of tyrosine residues in Irs-1. These results outline a role for p59fyn or other related Src-kinases during insulin and cytokine signaling...
- CD8+ T cells rapidly acquire NK1.1 and NK cell-associated molecules upon stimulation in vitro and in vivoE Assarsson
Microbiology and Tumor Biology Center, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
J Immunol 165:3673-9. 2000..Efficient NK1.1 expression on CD8+ T cells required Lck but not Fyn. The induction of NK1.1 on CD8+ T cells was not just an in vitro phenomenon as we observed a 5-fold increase of NK1...
- IgE-dependent activation of sphingosine kinases 1 and 2 and secretion of sphingosine 1-phosphate requires Fyn kinase and contributes to mast cell responsesAna Olivera
Molecular Inflammation Section, Molecular Immunology and Inflammation Branch, NIAMS, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 281:2515-25. 2006..b>Fyn kinase is required for FcepsilonRI coupling to SphK1 and -2 and for subsequent S1P production...
- Involvement of p59fynT in interleukin-5 receptor signalingM W Appleby
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Exp Med 182:811-20. 1995..Our results document the importance of p59fynT in IL-5 responses in B cells, and they support a general model for cytokine receptor signal transduction involving the simultaneous recruitment of at least three families of PTK...
- Regulation of SLAM-mediated signal transduction by SAP, the X-linked lymphoproliferative gene productS Latour
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, IRCM, 110 Pine Ave West, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H2W 1R7
Nat Immunol 2:681-90. 2001..They also provide insights into the pathophysiology of a severe human lymphoproliferative disease...
- Fyn is required for oxidative- and hyperosmotic-stress-induced tyrosine phosphorylation of caveolin-1Amy R Sanguinetti
Department of Biochemistry, College of Agriculture, Biotechnology and Natural Resources, and School of Medicine, University of Nevada, Reno, NV 89557, USA
Biochem J 376:159-68. 2003..In the present paper, we show that this phosphorylation requires activation of the Src family kinase Fyn. Stress-induced caveolin phosphorylation was abolished by three Src kinase inhibitors, SU6656, PP2 and PD180970, ..
- Regulation of microtubule nucleation from membranes by complexes of membrane-bound gamma-tubulin with Fyn kinase and phosphoinositide 3-kinaseLibor Macurek
Department of Biology of Cytoskeleton, Institute of Molecular Genetics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Videnska 1083, 142 20 Prague 4, Czech Republic
Biochem J 416:421-30. 2008..in differentiating P19 embryonal carcinoma cells, which exhibit elevated expression of the Src family kinase Fyn (protein tyrosine kinase p59(Fyn))...
- Molecular cloning of a cDNA encoding a phosphoprotein, Efs, which contains a Src homology 3 domain and associates with FynM Ishino
Department of Biochemistry, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Japan
Oncogene 11:2331-8. 1995..clones from mouse embryo cDNA expression library that encode a new signaling protein which we call Efs (Embryonal Fyn-associated Substrate)...
- Association of p62, a multifunctional SH2- and SH3-domain-binding protein, with src family tyrosine kinases, Grb2, and phospholipase C gamma-1S Richard
Center for Immunology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110
Mol Cell Biol 15:186-97. 1995....
- NCAM140 interacts with the focal adhesion kinase p125(fak) and the SRC-related tyrosine kinase p59(fyn)H E Beggs
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7260, USA
J Biol Chem 272:8310-9. 1997..Neurite outgrowth mediated by the neural cell adhesion molecule (NCAM) requires the src family tyrosine kinase p59(fyn) in nerve growth cones, but the molecular basis for this interaction has not been defined...
- Selective requirement for Src kinases during VEGF-induced angiogenesis and vascular permeabilityB P Eliceiri
Department of Immunology, Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Mol Cell 4:915-24. 1999..angiogenesis, mice deficient in pp60c-src or pp62c-yes showed no VEGF-induced vascular permeability (VP), yet fyn-/- mice displayed normal VP. In contrast, inflammation-mediated VP appeared normal in Src-deficient mice...
- Cutting edge: Fyn is essential for tyrosine phosphorylation of Csk-binding protein/phosphoprotein associated with glycolipid-enriched microdomains in lipid rafts in resting T cellsKoubun Yasuda
Department of Oncogenesis, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
J Immunol 169:2813-7. 2002..By analyzing T cells from Fyn-/- mice, we clearly demonstrated that Fyn, but not Lck, has its kinase activity in membrane rafts, and plays a ..
- Identification of PSD-93 as a substrate for the Src family tyrosine kinase FynShigeyuki Nada
Department of Oncogene Research, Research Institute for Microbial Disease, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:47610-21. 2003..Recombinant PSD-93 was phosphorylated by Fyn in vitro, and Tyr-384 was identified as a major phosphorylation site...
- Transmembrane phosphoprotein Cbp senses cell adhesion signaling mediated by Src family kinase in lipid raftsTakaki Shima
Department of Oncogene Research, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, 3 1 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:14897-902. 2003..The results obtained by using mutant mice or cells that lack Csk and/or a member of SFK, Fyn, reveal that Cbp is phosphorylated predominantly by raft-localized Fyn in vivo...
- A juxtamembrane tyrosine in the colony stimulating factor-1 receptor regulates ligand-induced Src association, receptor kinase function, and down-regulationCynthia M Rohde
Department of Pharmacology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor 48109, USA
J Biol Chem 279:43448-61. 2004..These findings may have implications for the oncogenic conversion of c-Kit and Flt3 with JMD mutations...
- Membrane-bound beta-amyloid oligomers are recruited into lipid rafts by a fyn-dependent mechanismRitchie Williamson
MRC Centre for Neurodegeneration Research, Department of Neuroscience Box 037, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, De Crespigny Park, Denmark Hill, London SE5 8AF, UK
FASEB J 22:1552-9. 2008..In addition, our data from fyn(-/-) transgenic mice show that accumulation of Abeta on the neuronal surface was not sufficient to cause cell death ..
- TGF-beta1-induced plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 expression in vascular smooth muscle cells requires pp60(c-src)/EGFR(Y845) and Rho/ROCK signalingRohan Samarakoon
Albany Medical College, Center for Cell Biology and Cancer Research, MC 165, 47 New Scotland Avenue, Albany, NY 12208, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 44:527-38. 2008....
- Ischemic injury to kidney induces glomerular podocyte effacement and dissociation of slit diaphragm proteins Neph1 and ZO-1Mark C Wagner
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, Indiana University, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
J Biol Chem 283:35579-89. 2008..We further demonstrate that tyrosine phosphorylation of Neph1 mediated by Fyn results in significantly increased Neph1 and ZO-1 binding, suggesting a critical role for Neph1 tyrosine ..
- Netrin 1 and Dcc regulate oligodendrocyte process branching and membrane extension via Fyn and RhoASathyanath Rajasekharan
Montreal Neurological Institute, Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3A 2B4, Canada
Development 136:415-26. 2009..Maturation of oligodendrocyte processes requires intracellular signaling mechanisms involving Fyn, focal adhesion kinase (FAK), neuronal Wiscott-Aldrich syndrome protein (N-WASP) and RhoA; however, the ..
- pp59fyn mutant mice display differential signaling in thymocytes and peripheral T cellsP L Stein
Institute for Molecular Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030
Cell 70:741-50. 1992..b>fyn- mice did not display an overt phenotype...
- alpha beta T cell development is abolished in mice lacking both Lck and Fyn protein tyrosine kinasesN S van Oers
Department of Medicine, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
Immunity 5:429-36. 1996..Here we show that the combined disruption of Lck and Fyn (lck(-/-)fyn(-/-)) completely arrests alpha beta T cell development at the CD4-CD8- stage...
- Skin abnormality in aged fyn-/- fak+/- miceD Ilic
Department of Oncology, Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, Japan
Carcinogenesis 18:1473-6. 1997..Its association with Fyn, a member of the Src family of tyrosine kinases, has been observed in cell lines...
- Fyn-kinase as a determinant of ethanol sensitivity: relation to NMDA-receptor functionT Miyakawa
Laboratory for Neurobiology of Emotion, Brain Science Institute, RIKEN, Hirosawa, Wako Shi, Saitama ken 351 01, Japan
Science 278:698-701. 1997..In order to identify possible responsible genes, mice lacking Fyn, a non-receptor type tyrosine kinase, were investigated...
- T cells expressing receptors of different affinity for antigen ligands reveal a unique role for p59fyn in T cell development and optimal stimulation of T cells by antigenO Utting
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
J Immunol 160:5410-9. 1998Signaling from the TCR involves the protein tyrosine kinase p59fyn (Fyn). Previous studies have shown that T cell development occurs normally in Fyn-/- mice...
- T-cell receptor antagonists induce Vav phosphorylation by selective activation of Fyn kinaseJ Huang
La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology, Division of Immunochemistry, and Division of Cell Biology, 10355 Science Center Drive, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:10923-9. 2000..In this study, we investigated the role played by the protein tyrosine kinases Fyn, Lck, and ZAP-70 in antagonist-induced signaling pathway...
- Regulation of Fyn through translocation of activated Lck into lipid raftsDominik Filipp
Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre, and Departmentof Immunology, University of Toronto, Ontario M4N 3M5, Canada
J Exp Med 197:1221-7. 2003Whether or how the activation of Lck and Fyn during T cell receptor (TCR) signaling is coordinated, and their delivery of function integrated, is unknown...
- RPTPalpha is essential for NCAM-mediated p59fyn activation and neurite elongationVsevolod Bodrikov
Zentrum für Molekulare Neurobiologie, Universitat Hamburg, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
J Cell Biol 168:127-39. 2005....
- Src-family tyrosine kinase fyn phosphorylates phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase enhancer-activating Akt, preventing its apoptotic cleavage and promoting cell survivalX Tang
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Room 145, Whitehead Building, 615 Michael Street, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Cell Death Differ 14:368-77. 2007..Here, we show that PIKE-A can be cleaved by the active apoptosome at both D474 and D592 residues. Employing fyn-deficient mouse embryonic fibroblast cells and tissues, we demonstrate that fyn is essential for phosphorylating ..
- PAG-associated FynT regulates calcium signaling and promotes anergy in T lymphocytesDominique Davidson
IRCM, 110 Pine Avenue West, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 27:1960-73. 2007..These data improve our comprehension of the function of PAG in T cells. They also further implicate FynT in T-cell anergy...
- Fyn regulates the duration of TCR engagement needed for commitment to effector functionAndrew Filby
Division of Molecular Immunology, Medical Research Council, National Institute for Medical Research, The Ridgeway, London, United Kingdom
J Immunol 179:4635-44. 2007..and cytokine production requires sustained activation of the Src family kinase Lck and is opposed by the action of Fyn. Thus, in the absence of Fyn, commitment to activation occurs more rapidly, the cells produce more IL-2, and ..
- Neural recognition molecules CHL1 and NB-3 regulate apical dendrite orientation in the neocortex via PTP alphaHaihong Ye
Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, Singapore, Singapore
EMBO J 27:188-200. 2008..We propose a signaling complex in which PTPalpha mediates CHL1 and NB-3-regulated apical dendrite projection in the developing caudal cortex...
- Fyn can partially substitute for Lck in T lymphocyte developmentT Groves
Division of Immunology and Cancer, Hospital for Sick Children Research Institute, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Immunity 5:417-28. 1996..One candidate is Fyn, a Src kinase coexpressed with Lck in immature and mature T cells...
- TCR signals mediated by Src family kinases are essential for the survival of naive T cellsBenedict Seddon
Division of Molecular Immunology, National Institute for Medical Research, The Ridgeway, London, United Kingdom
J Immunol 169:2997-3005. 2002..Here we examine the role of the Src family kinases, p56(lck) (Lck) and p59(fyn) (Fyn), in the survival of naive T cells...
- Tr-kit-induced resumption of the cell cycle in mouse eggs requires activation of a Src-like kinaseClaudio Sette
Department of Public Health and Cell Biology, Section of Anatomy, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
EMBO J 21:5386-95. 2002..We show that the Src-like kinase Fyn phosphorylates Tyr161 in tr-kit and that this residue is essential for tr-kit function...
- Fyn tyrosine kinase is a critical regulator of disabled-1 during brain developmentLionel Arnaud
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Avenue North, 98109, Seattle, WA, USA
Curr Biol 13:9-17. 2003..Mutations in Dab1, its phosphorylation sites, Reelin, or the Reelin receptors cause a common phenotype. However, the molecular mechanism whereby Reelin regulates Dab1 tyrosine phosphorylation is poorly understood...
- Normal development and activation but altered cytokine production of Fyn-deficient CD4+ T cellsAlusha A Mamchak
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Immunol 181:5374-85. 2008The Src family kinase Fyn is expressed in T cells and has been shown to phosphorylate proteins involved in TCR signaling, cytoskeletal reorganization, and IL-4 production...
- CD45-Csk phosphatase-kinase titration uncouples basal and inducible T cell receptor signaling during thymic developmentJulie Zikherman
Division of Rheumatology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Immunity 32:342-54. 2010..Csk and CD45 reciprocally regulate phosphorylation of the inhibitory tyrosine of the Src family kinases Lck and Fyn. T cell receptor (TCR) signaling and thymic development require CD45 expression but proceed constitutively in the ..
- Defective T cell receptor signaling in mice lacking the thymic isoform of p59fynM W Appleby
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Immunology, University of Washington, Seattle 98195
Cell 70:751-63. 1992..These data confirm that p59fynT plays a pivotal role in TCR signal transduction and demonstrate that additional developmentally regulated signaling components also contribute to TCR-induced lymphocyte activation...
- Regulation of T cell receptor signaling by a src family protein-tyrosine kinase (p59fyn)M P Cooke
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Washington, Seattle 98195
Cell 65:281-91. 1991..Our results suggest that p59fyn is a critically important component of the TCR signal transduction apparatus...
- Expression of a novel form of the fyn proto-oncogene in hematopoietic cellsM P Cooke
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Washington, Seattle 98195
New Biol 1:66-74. 1989The fyn proto-oncogene encodes a 59-kD membrane-associated protein-tyrosine kinase that is implicated in the control of cell growth...
- Initial events of myelination involve Fyn tyrosine kinase signallingH Umemori
Department of Oncology, University of Tokyo, Japan
Nature 367:572-6. 1994..Among these proteins, we identified Fyn tyrosine kinase, one of the non-receptor-type tyrosine kinases of the Src family...
- Focal adhesion kinase in the brain: novel subcellular localization and specific regulation by Fyn tyrosine kinase in mutant miceS G Grant
Center for Genome Research, University of Edinburgh, UK
Genes Dev 9:1909-21. 1995..Comparison of fyn, src, yes, and abl nonreceptor tyrosine kinase mutant mice shows a specific requirement for Fyn in the induction of ..
- fyn tyrosine kinase is involved in keratinocyte differentiation controlE Calautti
Cutaneous Biology Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown 02129, USA
Genes Dev 9:2279-91. 1995..A second tyrosine kinase activity is induced in response to both calcium and TPA, and has been identified as fyn, a nonreceptor tyrosine kinase of the src family...
- Increased fearfulness of Fyn tyrosine kinase deficient miceT Miyakawa
Department of Psychology, Faculty of Letters, University of Tokyo, Japan
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 27:179-82. 1994b>Fyn-deficient mice were produced by inserting the beta-galactosidase gene (lacZ) into the fyn gene locus...
- Combined deficiencies of Src, Fyn, and Yes tyrosine kinases in mutant miceP L Stein
Program in Molecular Medicine, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98104
Genes Dev 8:1999-2007. 1994Three members of the Src family of tyrosine kinases, src, fyn, and yes, are broadly expressed throughout mouse development...
- NCAM-dependent neurite outgrowth is inhibited in neurons from Fyn-minus miceH E Beggs
Department of Biochemistry, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill 27599 7260
J Cell Biol 127:825-33. 1994..tyrosine kinases mediate NCAM-dependent neurite outgrowth, cultures of cerebellar and sensory neurons from fyn-, src-, and yes- minus mice were analyzed for neurite outgrowth on monolayers of NCAM140-transfected L fibroblasts...
- Unique catalytic properties dictate the enhanced function of p59fynT, the hemopoietic cell-specific isoform of the Fyn tyrosine protein kinase, in T cellsD Davidson
McGill Cancer Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 14:4554-64. 1994As a result of alternative splicing, the fyn gene encodes two different tyrosine protein kinase isoforms...
- A role for Fyn tyrosine kinase in the suckling behaviour of neonatal miceT Yagi
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Tsukuba Life Science Center, Institute of Physical and Chemical Research RIKEN, Ibaraki, Japan
Nature 366:742-5. 1993Non-receptor-type tyrosine kinases of the Src family, such as Src, Yes and Fyn, are strongly expressed in the brain and have been suggested to have an important function in the central nervous system...
- Differential contribution of Lck and Fyn protein tyrosine kinases to intraepithelial lymphocyte developmentS T Page
Department of Immunology, University of Washington, Seattle 98195 7370, USA
Eur J Immunol 27:554-62. 1997..We used mice deficient in Lck, Fyn, or both Lck and Fyn to analyze the role that these src-family PTK play in IEL development...
- Rescuing impairment of long-term potentiation in fyn-deficient mice by introducing Fyn transgeneN Kojima
Laboratory of Neurochemistry, National Institute for Physiological Sciences, Okazaki 444, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:4761-5. 1997To examine the physiological role of the Fyn tyrosine kinase in neurons, we generated transgenic mice that expressed a fyn cDNA under the control of the calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase IIalpha promoter...
- A critical role of Lyn and Fyn for B cell responses to CD38 ligation and interleukin 5T Yasue
Department of Immunology, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:10307-12. 1997..B cells from fyn-deficient (Fyn-/-) and lyn-deficient (Lyn-/-) mice showed an impaired response to mAb CS/2 for proliferation and IL-..
- Abnormal synaptic transmission in the olfactory bulb of Fyn-kinase-deficient miceH Kitazawa
Department of Physiology, Jichi Medical School, Tochigi 329 04, Japan
J Neurophysiol 79:137-42. 1998We studied synaptic transmission in the granule cells in the olfactory bulb of the homozygous Fyn (a nonreceptor type tyrosine kinase)-deficient (fynz/fynz) and heterozygous Fyn-deficient (+/fynz) mice by using slice preparations from ..
- PSD-95 promotes Fyn-mediated tyrosine phosphorylation of the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor subunit NR2AT Tezuka
Department of Oncology, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:435-40. 1999b>Fyn, a member of the Src-family protein-tyrosine kinase (PTK), is implicated in learning and memory that involves N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor function...
- Src family kinases are required for integrin but not PDGFR signal transductionR A Klinghoffer
Program in Developmental Biology, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Avenue North Mailstop C3 168, PO Box 19204, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
EMBO J 18:2459-71. 1999..We have generated mouse embryos harboring functional null mutations of the ubiquitously expressed SFKs Src, Yes and Fyn. This triple mutation leads to severe developmental defects and lethality by E9.5...
- Distinctive roles of Fyn and Lyn in IgD- and IgM-mediated signalingK Horikawa
Department of Oncology, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo 108, Japan
Int Immunol 11:1441-9. 1999Src family kinases Fyn and Lyn associate with the B cell antigen receptor (BCR). Accumulating data show that Lyn plays important roles in BCR-mediated signaling, while the role of Fyn remains obscure...
- Higher seizure susceptibility and enhanced tyrosine phosphorylation of N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor subunit 2B in fyn transgenic miceN Kojima
Laboratory of Neurochemistry, National Institute for Physiological Sciences, Okazaki, Japan
Learn Mem 5:429-45. 1998Earlier work has suggested that Fyn tyrosine kinase plays an important role in synaptic plasticity...
- Cutting edge: NKT cell development is selectively impaired in Fyn- deficient miceG Eberl
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Lausanne Branch, University of Lausanne, Epalinges, Switzerland
J Immunol 163:4091-4. 1999..Here, we show that the Src protein tyrosine kinase Fyn is required for development of CD1d-dependent NKT cells but not for the development of conventional T cells...
- Characterization of Fyn-mediated tyrosine phosphorylation sites on GluR epsilon 2 (NR2B) subunit of the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptorT Nakazawa
Department of Oncology, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
J Biol Chem 276:693-9. 2001..Tyrosine phosphorylation of NMDA receptors by Src-family tyrosine kinases such as Fyn is implicated in synaptic plasticity...
- A PKC-eta/Fyn-dependent pathway leading to keratinocyte growth arrest and differentiationS Cabodi
Cutaneous Biology Research Center Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Mol Cell 6:1121-9. 2000Growth control of epithelial cells differs substantially from other cell types. Activation of Fyn, a Src kinase family member, is required for normal keratinocyte differentiation...
- A unique role for Fyn in CNS myelinationB R Sperber
The Wistar Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Neurosci 21:2039-47. 2001We analyzed the role of Fyn tyrosine kinase in CNS myelination by using fyn(-/-) null mutant mice, which express no Fyn protein. We found a severe myelin deficit in forebrain at all ages from 14 d to 1 year...
- Impairment in the expression and activity of Fyn during differentiation of naive CD4+ T cells into the Th2 subsetT Tamura
Department of Allergology, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Immunol 167:1962-9. 2001We previously showed that the amounts of Fyn protein in Th2 clones were approximately one-third to one-fifth of those in Th1 clones...
- Process outgrowth of oligodendrocytes is promoted by interaction of fyn kinase with the cytoskeletal protein tauCorinna Klein
Departments of Neurobiology and Immunology, University of Heidelberg, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Neurosci 22:698-707. 2002b>Fyn kinase plays an important role during myelination and has been shown to promote morphological differentiation of cultured oligodendrocytes. We analyzed the downstream targets of Fyn kinase in oligodendrocytes...
- Fyn kinase initiates complementary signals required for IgE-dependent mast cell degranulationValentino Parravicini
Molecular Inflammation Section, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1820, USA
Nat Immunol 3:741-8. 2002..We report here that Fc epsilon RI also uses a Fyn kinase-dependent pathway that does not require Lyn kinase or the adapter LAT for its initiation, but is necessary ..
- Binding of SAP SH2 domain to FynT SH3 domain reveals a novel mechanism of receptor signalling in immune regulationSylvain Latour
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Clinical Research Institute of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, H2W 1R7, Canada
Nat Cell Biol 5:149-54. 2003..These observations characterize a biologically important signalling mechanism in which an adaptor molecule composed only of an SH2 domain links a receptor devoid of intrinsic catalytic activity to the kinase required for its function...
- SAP couples Fyn to SLAM immune receptorsBetty Chan
Department of Cancer Biology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Nat Cell Biol 5:155-60. 2003..The crystal structure of a ternary SLAM-SAP-Fyn-SH3 complex reveals that SAP binds the FynT SH3 domain through a surface-surface interaction that does not involve ..
- Interleukin 7 and T cell receptor signals regulate homeostasis of CD4 memory cellsBenedict Seddon
Division of Molecular Immunology, National Institute for Medical Research, The Ridgeway, Mill Hill, London NW7 1AA, UK
Nat Immunol 4:680-6. 2003..Thus, IL-7 contributes to the maintenance of all naive and memory T cell subsets, and therefore controls the overall size of the T cell pool...
- Altered gene expression in the adult brain of fyn-deficient miceJune Goto
Division of Oncology, Department of Cancer Biology, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Cell Mol Neurobiol 24:149-59. 20041. Fyn, a member of Src-family tyrosine kinases, is implicated in both brain development and adult brain function...
- Netrin requires focal adhesion kinase and Src family kinases for axon outgrowth and attractionGuofa Liu
Department of Anatomy, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 South Euclid Ave, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Nat Neurosci 7:1222-32. 2004..induces tyrosine phosphorylation of proteins including focal adhesion kinase (FAK) and the Src family kinase Fyn. Blockers of Src family kinases inhibited FAK phosphorylation and axon outgrowth and attraction by netrin...
- SAP regulates T(H)2 differentiation and PKC-theta-mediated activation of NF-kappaB1Jennifer L Cannons
National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Immunity 21:693-706. 2004XLP is caused by mutations affecting SAP, an adaptor that recruits Fyn to SLAM family receptors. SAP-deficient mice recapitulate features of XLP, including increased T cell activation and decreased humoral responses post-infection...
- Genetic evidence linking SAP, the X-linked lymphoproliferative gene product, to Src-related kinase FynT in T(H)2 cytokine regulationDominique Davidson
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Clinical Research Institute of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec H2W 1R7, Canada
Immunity 21:707-17. 2004..These data imply that SAP is necessary for T(H)2 cytokine regulation primarily as a result of its capacity to recruit FynT. They also establish a previously unappreciated role for FynT in SAP-dependent T(H)2 cytokine regulation...
- Prion protein recruits its neuronal receptor NCAM to lipid rafts to activate p59fyn and to enhance neurite outgrowthAntonella Santuccione
Zentrum für Molekulare Neurobiologie, Universitat Hamburg, Germany
J Cell Biol 169:341-54. 2005..NCAM at the neuronal surface and PrP promote recruitment of NCAM to lipid rafts and thereby regulate activation of fyn kinase, an enzyme involved in NCAM-mediated signaling...
- Mice lacking the IFN-gamma receptor or fyn develop severe experimental autoimmune uveoretinitis characterized by different immune responsesAtsuki Fukushima
Department of Ophthalmology, Kochi Medical School, Kohasu, Oko cho, Nankoku City, 783 8505, Japan
Immunogenetics 57:337-43. 2005..b>Fyn has been reported to inhibit Th2 differentiation...
- Absence of Fyn and Src causes a reeler-like phenotypeGloria Kuo
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
J Neurosci 25:8578-86. 2005..Biochemical and in vitro experiments implicate Src and Fyn in the Reelin-dependent tyrosine phosphorylation of Dab1, which controls the positioning of radially migrating ..
- Role of Fyn in the rearrangement of tubulin cytoskeleton induced through TCRNoa B Martín-Cófreces
Servicio de Inmunologia, Hospital de la Princesa, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Spain
J Immunol 176:4201-7. 2006..Our results show that Fyn kinase activity is essential for MTOC reorientation in an Ag-dependent system...
- Regulation of Ly49D/DAP12 signal transduction by Src-family kinases and CD45Llewellyn H Mason
Laboratory of Experimental Immunology, National Cancer Institute, Center for Cancer Research, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
J Immunol 176:6615-23. 2006..1) inhibition of Src family kinases suppresses DAP12 phosphorylation and downstream DAP12 signals; 2) both Fyn and Lck are capable of phosphorylating DAP12; and 3) both kinases coimmunoprecipitate with the Ly-49D/DAP12 complex ..
- SAP regulates T cell-mediated help for humoral immunity by a mechanism distinct from cytokine regulationJennifer L Cannons
National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Exp Med 203:1551-65. 2006X-linked lymphoproliferative disease is caused by mutations affecting SH2D1A/SAP, an adaptor that recruits Fyn to signal lymphocyte activation molecule (SLAM)-related receptors...
- Lck regulates the threshold of activation in primary T cells, while both Lck and Fyn contribute to the magnitude of the extracellular signal-related kinase responseMatthew Lovatt
Molecular Immunology, MRC National Institute for Medical Research, The Ridgeway, London NW71AA, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 26:8655-65. 2006The src family kinases p56lck (Lck) and p59fyn (Fyn) are the most proximal signaling molecules to be activated downstream of the T-cell receptor...
- Involvement of Fyn kinase in Kit and integrin-mediated Rac activation, cytoskeletal reorganization, and chemotaxis of mast cellsLionel A Samayawardhena
Department of Biochemistry, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Blood 109:3679-86. 2007..In this study, we investigated how Fyn kinase regulates chemotaxis of mast cells toward SCF...
- Ethanol induces long-term facilitation of NR2B-NMDA receptor activity in the dorsal striatum: implications for alcohol drinking behaviorJun Wang
Ernest Gallo Research Center, Emeryville, California 94608, USA
J Neurosci 27:3593-602. 2007..increase in the phosphorylation of the NR2B subunit of the NMDAR, and a corresponding increase in the activity of Fyn kinase, which phosphorylates NR2B...
- Integrative metabolic regulation of peripheral tissue fatty acid oxidation by the SRC kinase family member FynClaire C Bastie
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794, USA
Cell Metab 5:371-81. 2007Mice null for Fyn (a member of the Src family of nonreceptor tyrosine kinases) display a reduced percentage of adipose mass associated with decreased adipocyte cell size...
- Fyn modulation of Dab1 effects on amyloid precursor protein and ApoE receptor 2 processingHYANG SOOK HOE
Department of Neuroscience, Georgetown University Medical Center, 3970 Reservoir Road NW, Washington, DC 20057, USA
J Biol Chem 283:6288-99. 2008..mechanism underlying these alterations in processing and trafficking of APP and apoEr2, we examined the effect of Fyn, an Src family-tyrosine kinase known to interact with and phosphorylate Dab1...
- Lck-dependent Fyn activation requires C terminus-dependent targeting of kinase-active Lck to lipid raftsDominik Filipp
Sunnybrook Research Institute and the Department of Immunology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M4N 3M5, Canada
J Biol Chem 283:26409-22. 2008Mechanisms regulating the activation and delivery of function of Lck and Fyn are central to the generation of the most proximal signaling events emanating from the T cell antigen receptor (TcR) complex...
- Differential requirement for the SAP-Fyn interaction during NK T cell development and functionSelene Nunez-Cruz
Division of Oncology, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Immunol 181:2311-20. 2008..In CD4(+) T cells, SAP interacts with the tyrosine kinase Fyn to deliver signals required for TCR-induced Th2-type cytokine production...
- Activation of c-Src and Fyn kinases by protein-tyrosine phosphatase RPTPalpha is substrate-specific and compatible with lipid raft localizationNathalie Vacaresse
Biotech Research and Innovation Center, Copenhagen Biocenter, Ole Maaløes Vej 5, 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark
J Biol Chem 283:35815-24. 2008..We studied how RPTPalpha affects substrate specificity and regulation of c-Src and Fyn in response to epidermal growth factor and platelet-derived growth factor...
- Functions of Fyn kinase in the completion of meiosis in mouse oocytesLynda K McGinnis
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Kansas Medical Center, 3901 Rainbow Blvd, Mail Stop 3043, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
Dev Biol 327:280-7. 2009..The Src-family kinases FYN, YES and SRC are expressed in mammalian oocytes but their function during oocyte maturation remains an open ..
- Profiling of the early transcriptional response of murine gammadelta T cells following TCR stimulationRenee M Laird
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, SUNY Upstate Medical University, 750 E Adams Street, 2220 Weiskotten Hall, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Mol Immunol 46:2429-38. 2009....
- Laminin alters fyn regulatory mechanisms and promotes oligodendrocyte developmentJenne Relucio
Department of Pharmacology, Stony Brook University, New York 11794, USA
J Neurosci 29:11794-806. 2009..differentiation was Src family kinase-dependent and resulted in the activation of the Src family kinase Fyn. In laminin-deficient brains, however, increased Fyn repression was accompanied by elevated levels of the Src ..
- Dendritic function of tau mediates amyloid-beta toxicity in Alzheimer's disease mouse modelsLars M Ittner
Alzheimer s and Parkinson s Disease Laboratory, Brain and Mind Research Institute, University of Sydney, Sydney NSW 2050, Australia
Cell 142:387-97. 2010..we show that tau, known as axonal protein, has a dendritic function in postsynaptic targeting of the Src kinase Fyn, a substrate of which is the NMDA receptor (NR)...
- Fyn kinase regulates the association between amyloid precursor protein and Dab1 by promoting their localization to detergent-resistant membranesS Sakura Minami
Department of Neuroscience, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, District of Columbia 20057 1464, USA
J Neurochem 118:879-90. 2011..interacts with amyloid precursor protein (APP) and decreases its pathological processing, an effect mediated by Fyn tyrosine kinase. Fyn is highly enriched in lipid rafts, a major site of pathological APP processing...
- Decreased dendritic spine density and abnormal spine morphology in Fyn knockout miceLenard W Babus
Department of Neuroscience, Georgetown University Medical Center, 3970 Reservoir Road NW, Washington, DC 20057 1464, USA
Brain Res 1415:96-102. 2011b>Fyn is a Src-family tyrosine kinase that affects long term potentiation (LTP), synapse formation, and learning and memory. Fyn is also implicated in dendritic spine formation both in vitro and in vivo...
- Fyn is not essential for Bcr-Abl-induced leukemogenesis in mouse bone marrow transplantation modelsNoriko Doki
Division of Cellular Therapy, Advanced Clinical Research Center, The Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo, 108 8639, Japan
Int J Hematol 95:167-75. 2012..In contrast, it has been reported that Fyn is up-regulated in human CML-BC compared with CML-CP, implicating Fyn in the blast crisis transition...
- The adaptor SAP controls NK cell activation by regulating the enzymes Vav-1 and SHIP-1 and by enhancing conjugates with target cellsZhongjun Dong
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Clinical Research Institute of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Immunity 36:974-85. 2012..SAP enhanced NK cell responsiveness by a dual molecular mechanism. It coupled SLAM family receptors to the kinase Fyn, which triggered the exchange factor Vav-1 and augmented NK cell activation...
- Proline-rich sequences that bind to Src homology 3 domains with individual specificitiesK Alexandropoulos
Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02139, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92:3110-4. 1995..The SH3 domains of the Src-related kinases Fyn, Lyn, and Hck bind to this sequence with the same affinity as that of the Src SH3...
- Fyn and Lyn phosphorylate the Fc receptor gamma chain downstream of glycoprotein VI in murine platelets, and Lyn regulates a novel feedback pathwayL S Quek
Department of Pharmacology, University of Oxford, United Kingdom
Blood 96:4246-53. 2000..In the current study, the role of 2 Src family kinases, Fyn and Lyn, in GPVI signaling has been examined using murine platelets deficient in one or both kinases...