Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Fut2
Description: fucosyltransferase 2
Alias: galactoside 2-alpha-L-fucosyltransferase 2, GDP-L-fucose:beta-D-galactoside 2-alpha-L-fucosyltransferase 2, alpha(1,2)FT 2, secretory blood group protein 2
- Comparison of the three rat GDP-L-fucose:beta-D-galactoside 2-alpha-L-fucosyltransferases FTA, FTB and FTCV Bureau
INSERM U419, Institut de Biologie, Nantes, France
Eur J Biochem 268:1006-19. 2001..Sequence analysis revealed that these genes, called FTA, FTB and FTC, were homologous to human FUT1, FUT2 and Sec1, respectively...
- Molecular cloning, genomic mapping, and expression of two secretor blood group alpha (1,2)fucosyltransferase genes differentially regulated in mouse uterine epithelium and gastrointestinal tractS E Domino
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, The University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0650, USA
J Biol Chem 276:23748-56. 2001..DNA probes from the open reading frames of the mouse fucosyltransferase genes corresponding to human FUT1, FUT2, and SEC1 demonstrate distinct tissue-specific expression patterns by Northern blot analyses...
- Tissue-specific loss of fucosylated glycolipids in mice with targeted deletion of alpha(1,2)fucosyltransferase genesMasao Iwamori
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science and Technology, Kinki University, 3 4 1 Kowakae, Higashiosaka, Osaka 577 8502, Japan
Biochem J 380:75-81. 2004..products were measured in tissues of wild-type and mutant mice lacking alpha(1,2)fucosyltransferase genes FUT1 or FUT2. Quantitative determination was performed by TLC-immunostaining for GA1 (Gg4Cer), FGA1 (fucosyl GA1), GM1 (II3NeuAc-..
- Genetic manipulation of blood group carbohydrates alters development and pathfinding of primary sensory axons of the olfactory systemsJames A St John
Brain Growth and Regeneration Laboratory, School of Biomedical Sciences, The University of Queensland, Brisbane 4072, Queensland, Australia
Dev Biol 298:470-84. 2006..These results provide in vivo evidence for a role of specific cell surface carbohydrates during development of the olfactory nerve pathways...
- Biosynthesis and distribution of Lewis X- and Lewis Y-containing glycoproteins in the murine male reproductive systemChunmei Wang
Shanghai Key Laboratory of Molecular Andrology, State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Shanghai Institute for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Glycobiology 21:225-34. 2011..Lewis Y (LeY) antigens were thought to play important roles in fertility, fucosyltransferase (Fut)-deficient (Fut1, Fut2 and Fut4) mice which lack LeX or LeY antigen are still fertile...
- Deficiency of reproductive tract alpha(1,2)fucosylated glycans and normal fertility in mice with targeted deletions of the FUT1 or FUT2 alpha(1,2)fucosyltransferase locusS E Domino
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 6428 Medical Science Bldg 1, The University of Michigan Medical School, 1150 West Medical Center Dr, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Mol Cell Biol 21:8336-45. 2001..are required for fertility, we have generated strains of mice that are deficient in genes encoding FUT1 and FUT2, a pair of GDP-L-fucose:beta(1-->4)-D-galactosyl-R 2-alpha-L-fucosyltransferase enzymes (EC 2.4.1...
- Rapid fucosylation of intestinal epithelium sustains host-commensal symbiosis in sicknessJoseph M Pickard
Department of Pathology and Committee on Immunology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Nature 514:638-41. 2014..interleukin (IL)-23 by dendritic cells, activation of innate lymphoid cells and expression of fucosyltransferase 2 (Fut2) by IL-22-stimulated IECs...
- Different effects of androgen on the expression of Fut1, Fut2, Fut4 and Fut9 in male mouse reproductive tractChun Mei Wang
Shanghai Key Laboratory of Molecular Andrology, State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institute for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, China
Int J Mol Sci 14:23188-202. 2013The α-(1,2) fucosyltransferases (Fut1 and Fut2) and α-(1,3) fucosyltransferases (Fut4, Fut9) are responsible for the synthesis of Lewis X (LeX) and Lewis Y (LeY) conjugated to glycoproteins...
- Genetically dictated change in host mucus carbohydrate landscape exerts a diet-dependent effect on the gut microbiotaPurna C Kashyap
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:17059-64. 2013..gnotobiotic mice mimic humans with a nonsecretor phenotype due to knockout of their α1-2 fucosyltransferase (Fut2) gene...
- Identification of the plasticity-relevant fucose-alpha(1-2)-galactose proteome from the mouse olfactory bulbHeather E Murrey
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Division of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California 91125, USA
Biochemistry 48:7261-70. 2009..Our findings significantly expand the number of Fucalpha(1-2)Gal glycoproteins and provide new insights into the molecular mechanisms by which fucosyl sugars contribute to neuronal processes...
- Macrophage-derived LIF and IL1B regulate alpha(1,2)fucosyltransferase 2 (Fut2) expression in mouse uterine epithelial cells during early pregnancyMelinda J Jasper
Research Centre for Reproductive Health, School of Paediatrics and Reproductive Health, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Biol Reprod 84:179-88. 2011..of fucosylated structures required for embryo attachment and implantation, fucosyltransferase enzymes Fut1, Fut2 (Enzyme Commission number [EC] 18.104.22.168), and Fut4 (EC 2.4.1...
- A novel role for inducible Fut2 in angiogenesisPei Suen Tsou
Department of Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, 48109, USA
Angiogenesis 16:195-205. 2013..Angiogenesis plays an important role in wound healing and tumor growth. Fucosyltransferases synthesize fucosylated glycans and may play a major role in vascular biology...
- Ectopic expression of blood type antigens in inflamed mucosa with higher incidence of FUT2 secretor status in colonic Crohn's diseaseJun Miyoshi
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Keio University, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
J Gastroenterol 46:1056-63. 2011..Some known receptors are the mucosal blood type antigens, which are regulated by the fucosyltransferase2 (FUT2) gene, and individuals who express these antigens in the gastrointestinal tract are called secretors...
- Widespread gene conversion of alpha-2-fucosyltransferase genes in mammalsJoana Abrantes
CIBIO UP, Centro de Investigacao em Biodiversidade e Recursos Geneticos, Vairao, Portugal
J Mol Evol 69:22-31. 2009..In mammalian genomes, there are three alpha2FT genes located in tandem-FUT1, FUT2, and Sec1-each contained within a single exon...
- Cell surface fucosylation does not affect development of colon tumors in mice with germline Smad3 mutationSteven E Domino
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Cellular and Molecular Biology Program, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Mich, USA
Tumour Biol 28:77-83. 2007..Spontaneous colorectal tumors from mice with a germline null mutation of transforming growth factor-beta signaling gene Smad3 (Madh3) were tested for alpha(1,2)fucosylated glycan expression...
- Distinct fucosylation of M cells and epithelial cells by Fut1 and Fut2, respectively, in response to intestinal environmental stressKazutaka Terahara
Department of Immunology, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, 1 23 1 Toyama, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 162 8640, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 404:822-8. 2011..fucosylation of Peyer's patch M cells and F-ECs was distinctly regulated by α(1,2)fucosyltransferase Fut1 and Fut2, respectively...
- Fut2-null mice display an altered glycosylation profile and impaired BabA-mediated Helicobacter pylori adhesion to gastric mucosaAna Magalhaes
Institute of Molecular Pathology and Immunology, University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
Glycobiology 19:1525-36. 2009Glycoconjugates expressed on gastric mucosa play a crucial role in host-pathogen interactions. The FUT2 enzyme catalyzes the addition of terminal alpha(1,2)fucose residues, producing the H type 1 structure expressed on the surface of ..
- Molecular cloning, chromosomal assignment and tissue-specific expression of a murine alpha(1,2)fucosyltransferase expressed in thymic and epididymal epithelial cellsS E Domino
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0650, USA
Biochem J 327:105-15. 1997..encoded by human FUT1, and 55% sequence identity with the enzyme encoded by the human Secretor blood group locus (FUT2)...
- [Cloning and expression of murine alpha1,2-fucosyltransferase gene]Bei Lin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Second Affiliated Hospital of China Medical University, Shenyang 110004
Shi Yan Sheng Wu Xue Bao 38:536-44. 2005..COS-7 cells transfected with pcDNA3.1-MFUT- II showed alpha 1,2-fucosyltransferase activity. Southern analysis revealed that MFUT-II was present in the mouse genome as a single-copy gene. In conclusion, MFUT-II was a murine Se gene...
- Increased susceptibility of secretor factor gene Fut2-null mice to experimental vaginal candidiasisElizabeth A Hurd
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 6428 Medical Science I, Box 0617, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0617, USA
Infect Immun 72:4279-81. 2004b>Fut2-LacZ-null mice, which are a model of the human ABO and Lewis nonsecretor group, display increased susceptibility to experimental yeast vaginitis, indicating a role for alpha(1,2)fucosylated cervical glycans in mucosal defense...
- LacZ expression in Fut2-LacZ reporter mice reveals estrogen-regulated endocervical glandular expression during estrous cycle, hormone replacement, and pregnancySteven E Domino
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Cellular and Molecular Biology Program, 6428 Medical Science I Box 0617, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0617, USA
Glycobiology 14:169-75. 2004The secretor gene (FUT2) encodes an alpha(1,2)fucosyltransferase (E.C. 22.214.171.124) that elaborates alpha(1,2)fucose residues on mucosal epithelium and secreted mucins...
- Characterization of three members of murine alpha1,2-fucosyltransferases: change in the expression of the Se gene in the intestine of mice after administration of microbesB Lin
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
Arch Biochem Biophys 388:207-15. 2001..The administration of microbes into germ-free mice resulted in a rapid increase of the MFUT-II gene (Se gene) for the synthesis of fucosyl GA1 in the intestine...
- GDP-fucose: beta-galactoside alpha1,2-fucosyltransferase, MFUT-II, and not MFUT-I or -III, is induced in a restricted region of the digestive tract of germ-free mice by host-microbe interactions and cycloheximideB Lin
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Tokyo, Hongo, Tokyo, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1487:275-85. 2000..At 24 h after the administration of cycloheximide, FGA1 was preferentially produced in the upper half of the duodenal microvilli...
- Fucosylated cell surface molecules in tumor invasionSTEVEN DOMINO; Fiscal Year: 2005..The approach I have chosen is to ablate in mice the transferase enzymes Fut1 and Fut2 required to generate alpha(1,2)fucosylated oligosaccharides...