Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Flt3
Description: FMS-like tyrosine kinase 3
Alias: B230315G04, CD135, Flk-2, Flk2, Flt-3, Ly72, wmfl, receptor-type tyrosine-protein kinase FLT3, FL cytokine receptor, fetal liver kinase 2, tyrosine-protein kinase FLT3, tyrosine-protein kinase receptor flk-2
Publications119 found, 100 shown here
- Molecular cloning of a ligand for the flt3/flk-2 tyrosine kinase receptor: a proliferative factor for primitive hematopoietic cellsS D Lyman
Immunex Research and Development Corporation, Seattle, Washington 98101
Cell 75:1157-67. 1993Cloning of a ligand for the murine flt3/flk-2 tyrosine kinase receptor was undertaken using a soluble form of the receptor to identify a source of ligand. A murine T cell line, P7B-0...
- Loss of flk-2/flt3 expression during commitment of multipotent mouse hematopoietic progenitor cells to the mast cell lineageP N Pharr
Department of Veteran Affairs, Ralph H Johnson Medical Center, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston 29401 5799, USA
Exp Hematol 25:620-8. 1997The expression of c-kit and flk-2/flt3 was analyzed in various stages of mast cell differentiation using reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR)...
- Selective thymus settling regulated by cytokine and chemokine receptorsBenjamin A Schwarz
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Immunol 178:2008-17. 2007..We conclude that fms-like tyrosine kinase receptor-3 signaling is required for the generation of T lineage-competent progenitors, which selectively express molecules, including CCR9, that allow them to settle within the thymus...
- Flt3 ligand-receptor interaction is important for maintenance of early thymic progenitor numbers in steady-state thymopoiesisLinda Kenins
Department of Biomedicine, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Eur J Immunol 40:81-90. 2010..After irradiation-induced thymic damage, thymic recovery is facilitated by Flt3 ligand (FL), expressed by perivascular fibroblasts surrounding the thymic entry site of Flt3 receptor-positive ..
- A Flt3- and Ras-dependent pathway primes B cell development by inducing a state of IL-7 responsivenessLin Xi Li
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Immunol 184:1728-36. 2010..This developmental block parallels that found in flt3(-/-) mice, suggesting that Flt3 is an important upstream activator of Ras in early B cell progenitors...
- Potentiation of antileukemic therapies by the dual PI3K/PDK-1 inhibitor, BAG956: effects on BCR-ABL- and mutant FLT3-expressing cellsEllen Weisberg
Department of Medical Oncology Hematologic Neoplasia, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 111:3723-34. 2008..the ability of BAG956, a dual PI3K/PDK-1 inhibitor, to be used in combination with inhibitors of BCR-ABL and mutant FLT3, as well as with the mTOR inhibitor, rapamycin, and the rapamycin derivative, RAD001...
- Protein-tyrosine phosphatase DEP-1 controls receptor tyrosine kinase FLT3 signalingDeepika Arora
Institute of Molecular Cell Biology, Center for Molecular Biomedicine, Friedrich Schiller University, Jena, Germany
J Biol Chem 286:10918-29. 2011Fms-like tyrosine kinase 3 (FLT3) plays an important role in hematopoietic differentiation, and constitutively active FLT3 mutant proteins contribute to the development of acute myeloid leukemia...
- PU.1 regulates expression of the interleukin-7 receptor in lymphoid progenitorsRodney P DeKoter
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Molecular Genetics and Cell Biology, The University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Ave, MC1028, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Immunity 16:297-309. 2002..1 in early B cell development, it is not required. These results demonstrate that PU.1 functions to regulate early B cell development in part by controlling the expression of the IL-7Ralpha gene...
- A receptor tyrosine kinase specific to hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell-enriched populationsW Matthews
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, New Jersey 08540
Cell 65:1143-52. 1991..Therefore, this receptor may be a key signal transducing component in the totipotent hematopoietic stem cell and its immediate self-renewing progeny...
- Targeted disruption of the flk2/flt3 gene leads to deficiencies in primitive hematopoietic progenitorsK Mackarehtschian
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, New Jersey 08544, USA
Immunity 3:147-61. 1995The flk2 receptor tyrosine kinase has been implicated in hematopoietic development. Mice deficient in flk2 were generated. Mutants developed into healthy adults with normal mature hematopoietic populations...
- Expression of the flt3 receptor and its ligand on hematopoietic cellsK Brasel
Department of Immunobiology, Immunex Research and Development Corporation, Seattle, Washington 98101, USA
Leukemia 9:1212-8. 1995Expression of the flt3 tyrosine kinase receptor and its ligand were examined on various murine and human hematopoietic cell lines...
- Identification of soluble and membrane-bound isoforms of the murine flt3 ligand generated by alternative splicing of mRNAsS D Lyman
Immunex Research and Development Corporation, Seattle, Washington 98101
Oncogene 10:149-57. 1995We have recently described a novel hematopoietic growth factor, referred to as the flt3 ligand, that stimulates the proliferation of sub-populations of hematopoietic cells that are enriched for stem and progenitor cells...
- Biochemical and genetic characterization of multiple splice variants of the Flt3 ligandT McClanahan
DNAX Research Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Department of Molecular Biology, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Blood 88:3371-82. 1996..performed a comprehensive analysis of cell lines and tissues to compare and contrast the expression patterns of Flt3 ligand (FL), c-Kit ligand (KL), and macrophage colony-stimulating factor as well as their receptors, Flt3, c-Kit, ..
- Key role of flt3 ligand in regulation of the common lymphoid progenitor but not in maintenance of the hematopoietic stem cell poolEwa Sitnicka
Department of Stem Cell Biology, Institute of Laboratory Medicine, University Hospital of Lund, BMC, B12, Klinikgatan 26, 221 84 Lund, Sweden
Immunity 17:463-72. 2002..the first evidence for a nonredundant regulator of this process, in that adult mice deficient in expression of the flt3 ligand (FL) have severely (10-fold) reduced levels of the CLP, accompanied by reductions in the earliest ..
- Flt3 ligand regulates dendritic cell development from Flt3+ lymphoid and myeloid-committed progenitors to Flt3+ dendritic cells in vivoHolger Karsunky
Institute for Research in Biomedicine IRB, Via Vincenzo Vela 6, CH 6500 Bellinzona, Switzerland
J Exp Med 198:305-13. 2003Stimulation of Flt3 receptor tyrosine kinase through its cognate ligand expands early hematopoietic progenitor and dendritic cells (DCs) in humans and mice...
- FLT3-ITD and tyrosine kinase domain mutants induce 2 distinct phenotypes in a murine bone marrow transplantation modelRebekka Grundler
Department of Internal Medicine III, Technical University of Munich, Ismaningerstr 22, 81675 Munich, Germany
Blood 105:4792-9. 2005Activating mutations of the Fms-like tyrosine kinase 3 (FLT3) receptor are the most common genetic alteration in acute myeloid leukemia (AML)...
- Notch signaling controls the generation and differentiation of early T lineage progenitorsArivazhagan Sambandam
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Nat Immunol 6:663-70. 2005..an immature subset of early T lineage progenitors (ETPs) in the thymus that expressed the tyrosine kinase receptor Flt3 and had preserved B lineage potential at low progenitor frequency...
- Activation of the Flt3 signal transduction cascade rescues and enhances type I interferon-producing and dendritic cell developmentNobuyuki Onai
Institute for Research in Biomedicine, CH 6500 Bellinzona, Switzerland
J Exp Med 203:227-38. 2006b>Flt3 ligand (Flt3L) is a nonredundant cytokine in type I interferon-producing cell (IPC) and dendritic cell (DC) development, and IPC and DC differentiation potential is confined to Flt3+ hematopoietic progenitor cells...
- Activation mechanisms of STAT5 by oncogenic Flt3-ITDChunaram Choudhary
Department of Medicine, Interdisciplinary Center for Clinical Research, University of Munster, Munster, Germany
Blood 110:370-4. 2007Mutations in the receptor tyrosine kinase Flt3 represent a very common genetic lesion in acute myeloid leukemia (AML)...
- Critical role of FLT3 ligand in IL-7 receptor independent T lymphopoiesis and regulation of lymphoid-primed multipotent progenitorsEwa Sitnicka
Hematopoietic Stem Cell Laboratory, Lund Strategic Research Center for Stem Cell Biology and Cell Therapy, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Blood 110:2955-64. 2007..Herein, we show that fms-like tyrosine kinase 3 (Flt3) ligand (Fl)-deficient mice have distinct reductions in the earliest thymic progenitors in fetal, postnatal, and ..
- FLT3 mutations confer enhanced proliferation and survival properties to multipotent progenitors in a murine model of chronic myelomonocytic leukemiaBenjamin H Lee
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Cell 12:367-80. 2007Despite their known transforming properties, the effects of leukemogenic FLT3-ITD mutations on hematopoietic stem and multipotent progenitor cells and on hematopoietic differentiation are not well understood...
- Knock-in of an internal tandem duplication mutation into murine FLT3 confers myeloproliferative disease in a mouse modelLi Li
Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, Department of Oncology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Blood 111:3849-58. 2008Constitutive activation of FMS-like tyrosine kinase 3 (FLT3) by internal tandem duplication (ITD) mutations is one of the most common molecular alterations known in acute myeloid leukemia (AML)...
- The receptor tyrosine kinase Flt3 is required for dendritic cell development in peripheral lymphoid tissuesClaudia Waskow
Laboratory of Molecular Immunology, The Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10065, USA
Nat Immunol 9:676-83. 2008..Here we examined the effects of signaling by the receptor tyrosine kinase Flt3 on macrophage DC progenitors in the bone marrow and on peripheral DCs...
- In vivo analysis of dendritic cell development and homeostasisKang Liu
Laboratory of Molecular Immunology, Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10065, USA
Science 324:392-7. 2009..Further cDC development involves cell division, which is controlled in part by regulatory T cells and fms-like tyrosine kinase receptor-3...
- Feedback control of regulatory T cell homeostasis by dendritic cells in vivoGuillaume Darrasse-Jèze
Laboratory of Molecular Immunology, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10065, USA
J Exp Med 206:1853-62. 2009..for maintaining normal numbers of dendritic cells (DCs): when T reg cells are depleted, there is a compensatory Flt3-dependent increase in DCs. However, little is known about how T reg cell homeostasis is maintained in vivo...
- Origin of the lamina propria dendritic cell networkMilena Bogunovic
Department of Gene and Cell Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 1425 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10029, USA
Immunity 31:513-25. 2009..DCs under the control of macrophage-colony-stimulating factor receptor (M-CSFR) and Fms-like thyrosine kinase 3 (Flt3) ligands...
- The transcription factor PU.1 controls dendritic cell development and Flt3 cytokine receptor expression in a dose-dependent mannerSebastian Carotta
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, 1G Royal Parade, Parkville, Victoria 3050, Australia
Immunity 32:628-41. 2010..1 in defined precursors, including the common DC progenitor, blocked Flt3 ligand-induced DC generation in vitro. PU...
- All hematopoietic cells develop from hematopoietic stem cells through Flk2/Flt3-positive progenitor cellsScott W Boyer
Program in Molecular, Cell and Developmental Biology, University of California, Santa Cruz, CA 95064, USA
Cell Stem Cell 9:64-73. 2011..that differentiation into all hematopoietic lineages, including megakaryocyte/erythroid cell types, involves Flk2-expressing non-self-renewing progenitors...
- Inhibition of fms-like tyrosine kinase 3 alleviates experimental arthritis by reducing formation of dendritic cells and antigen presentationMats Dehlin
Department of Rheumatology and Inflammation Research, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, University of Goteborg, Sweden
J Leukoc Biol 90:811-7. 2011..The present study evaluated the role of Flt3 in antigen-induced arthritis. Mice were immunized with mBSA, and arthritis was induced by an i.a. injection of mBSA...
- Impact of gene dosage, loss of wild-type allele, and FLT3 ligand on Flt3-ITD-induced myeloproliferationShabnam Kharazi
Hematopoietic Stem Cell Laboratory, Lund Stem Cell Center, Lund University Biomedical Center, Lund, Sweden
Blood 118:3613-21. 2011..Internal tandem duplications (ITDs) of FLT3 occur in approximately 25% cases of acute myeloid leukemia and induce ligand-independent constitutive signaling...
- FLT3-ITD knockin impairs hematopoietic stem cell quiescence/homeostasis, leading to myeloproliferative neoplasmS Haihua Chu
Department of Oncology, Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Cell Stem Cell 11:346-58. 2012Internal tandem duplication (ITD) mutations within the FMS-like tyrosine kinase-3 (FLT3) render the receptor constitutively active driving proliferation and survival in leukemic blasts...
- Inhibition of FLT3 signaling targets DCs to ameliorate autoimmune diseaseKatharine A Whartenby
Department of Oncology, Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:16741-6. 2005..A large portion of DCs are derived from hematopoietic progenitors that express FLT3 receptor (CD135), and stimulation of the receptor via FLT3 ligand either in vivo or in vitro is known to drive expansion and ..
- STK-1, the human homolog of Flk-2/Flt-3, is selectively expressed in CD34+ human bone marrow cells and is involved in the proliferation of early progenitor/stem cellsD Small
Department of Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91:459-63. 1994..These data suggest that STK-1 may function as a growth factor receptor on hematopoietic stem and/or progenitor cells...
- Flt3 ligand synergizes with granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor or granulocyte colony-stimulating factor to mobilize hematopoietic progenitor cells into the peripheral blood of miceK Brasel
Department of Immunobiology, Immunex Corporation, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Blood 90:3781-8. 1997..We investigated the capacity of several different growth factors, including human flt3 ligand (FL), alone and in combination with granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF ) or ..
- AML1(-/-) embryos do not express certain hematopoiesis-related gene transcripts including those of the PU.1 geneH Okada
Department of Cell Biology, Cancer Institute, Tokyo, Japan
Oncogene 17:2287-93. 1998..The results suggest that the expression of a particular set of hematopoiesis-related genes is closely correlated with the PEBP2/CBF function...
- Flt3 signaling-dependent dendritic cells protect against atherosclerosisJae Hoon Choi
Laboratory of Cellular Physiology and Immunology, Chris Browne Center for Immunology, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10065, USA
Immunity 35:819-31. 2011..DCs were of two types primarily: classical Flt3-Flt3L signaling-dependent, CD103(+)CD11b(-) DCs and macrophage-colony stimulating factor (M-CSF)-dependent, CD14(+)..
- Activation of Fms-like tyrosine kinase 3 signaling enhances survivin expression in a mouse model of rheumatoid arthritisSofia E M Andersson
Department of Rheumatology and Inflammation Research, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, University of Goteborg, Goteborg, Sweden
PLoS ONE 7:e47668. 2012..b>Flt3 ligand (Flt3L) is expressed in the inflamed joints and has adjuvant properties in arthritis...
- Bcl11a controls Flt3 expression in early hematopoietic progenitors and is required for pDC development in vivoXiaodi Wu
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e64800. 2013..We found that Bcl11a was required for expression of IL-7 receptor (IL-7R) and Flt3 in early hematopoietic progenitor cells...
- Hoxa9 and Flt3 signaling synergistically regulate an early checkpoint in lymphopoiesisKimberly A Gwin
Department of Immunology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Immunol 191:745-54. 2013Hoxa9 and Flt3 signaling are individually important for the generation of lymphoid lineage precursors from multipotent hematopoietic progenitors (MPP) in bone marrow...
- Differential requirement for wild-type Flt3 in leukemia initiation among mouse models of human leukemiaKenjiro Kamezaki
Columbia Center for Translational Immunology, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Exp Hematol 42:192-203.e1. 2014b>FLT3 is one of the most frequently mutated genes in acute leukemias. However, the role in leukemogenesis of wild-type (wt) FLT3, which is highly expressed in many hematologic malignancies, is unclear...
- Flk2/Flt3 promotes both myeloid and lymphoid development by expanding non-self-renewing multipotent hematopoietic progenitor cellsAnna E Beaudin
Institute for the Biology of Stem Cells, Department of Biomolecular Engineering, University of California Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz, CA, USA
Exp Hematol 42:218-229.e4. 2014..The function of the receptor tyrosine kinase Flk2 (Flt3) in promoting myeloid development remains poorly defined, despite being commonly mutated in acute myeloid ..
- Interleukin-2-mediated inhibition of dendritic cell development correlates with decreased CD135 expression and increased monocyte/macrophage precursorsALAN D GUERRERO
Immune Tolerance Section, Diabetes, Endocrinology and Obesity Branch, National Institute of Diabetes, and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Immunology 143:640-50. 2014..expression of Bcl2l11, which encodes the apoptosis-inducing protein Bim, and decreased expression of Flt3 (CD135), the receptor that initiates DC development...
- Impaired signaling through the Fms-like tyrosine kinase 3 receptor increases osteoclast formation and bone damage in arthritisMattias N D Svensson
Department of Rheumatology and Inflammation Research, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
J Leukoc Biol 99:413-23. 2016....
- DNMT3A Loss Drives Enhancer Hypomethylation in FLT3-ITD-Associated LeukemiasLiubin Yang
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer Cell 29:922-34. 2016..Here, we show that DNMT3A loss synergizes with the FLT3 internal tandem duplication in a dose-influenced fashion to generate rapid lethal lymphoid or myeloid leukemias ..
- Multistep pathogenesis of leukemia via the MLL-AF4 chimeric gene/Flt3 gene tyrosine kinase domain (TKD) mutation-related enhancement of S100A6 expressionHiroki Yamaguchi
Division of Hematology, Department of Internal Medicine, Nippon Medical School, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Exp Hematol 37:701-14. 2009..Based on the finding that an Fms-like tyrosine kinase 3 (Flt3) gene mutation in the tyrosine kinase domain (TKD) was observed in approximately 15% of mixed lineage leukemia (MLL)..
- Mutational cooperativity linked to combinatorial epigenetic gain of function in acute myeloid leukemiaAlan H Shih
Leukemia Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA Human Oncology and Pathogenesis Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
Cancer Cell 27:502-15. 2015Specific combinations of acute myeloid leukemia (AML) disease alleles, including FLT3 and TET2 mutations, confer distinct biologic features and adverse outcome...
- Loss of the wild-type allele contributes to myeloid expansion and disease aggressiveness in FLT3/ITD knockin miceLi Li
Department of Oncology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Blood 118:4935-45. 2011Clinical evidence has shown that FLT3 internal tandem duplication (ITD) mutation confers poor prognosis in acute myeloid leukemia. Loss of the FLT3 wild-type (WT) allele is associated with even worse prognosis...
- SOCS1 cooperates with FLT3-ITD in the development of myeloproliferative disease by promoting the escape from external cytokine controlPavankumar N G Reddy
Department of Medicine, Hematology Oncology, Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany
Blood 120:1691-702. 2012Activating mutations in the receptor tyrosine kinase FLT3 are frequently found in acute myelogenous leukemia patients and confer poor clinical prognosis...
- Mll partial tandem duplication and Flt3 internal tandem duplication in a double knock-in mouse recapitulates features of counterpart human acute myeloid leukemiasNicholas A Zorko
College of Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Blood 120:1130-6. 2012..Concurrent presence of FLT3-internal tandem duplication (ITD) is observed in 25% of patients with MLL-PTD AML...
- Suppressor of cytokine signaling 6 (SOCS6) negatively regulates Flt3 signal transduction through direct binding to phosphorylated tyrosines 591 and 919 of Flt3Julhash U Kazi
Experimental Clinical Chemistry, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Lund University, Wallenberg Laboratory, Skane University Hospital, 20502 Malmo, Sweden
J Biol Chem 287:36509-17. 2012The receptor tyrosine kinase Flt3 is an important growth factor receptor in hematopoiesis, and gain-of-function mutations of the receptor contribute to the transformation of acute myeloid leukemia...
- Quantitative trait mapping reveals a regulatory axis involving peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors, PRDM16, transforming growth factor-β2 and FLT3 in hematopoiesisSerine Avagyan
Children s Hospital of New York Presbyterian, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Blood 118:6078-86. 2011..Here, we show that TGF-β2 specifically and predominantly cell autonomously enhances signaling by FLT3 in vitro and in vivo...
- Knock-in of a FLT3/ITD mutation cooperates with a NUP98-HOXD13 fusion to generate acute myeloid leukemia in a mouse modelSarah Greenblatt
Department of Oncology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Blood 119:2883-94. 2012Constitutive activation of FLT3 by internal tandem duplication (ITD) is one of the most common molecular alterations in acute myeloid leukemia (AML)...
- Functional specialization of islet dendritic cell subsetsNa Yin
Center for Vascular and Inflammatory Diseases, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Immunol 188:4921-30. 2012..These data elucidate the phenotype and function of homeostatic and inflammatory islet DC, suggesting differential roles in islet immunity...
- Luminal bacteria recruit CD103+ dendritic cells into the intestinal epithelium to sample bacterial antigens for presentationJulia Farache
Department of Immunology, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Immunity 38:581-95. 2013..Intestinal CD103+ DCs are therefore equipped with unique mechanisms to independently complete the processes of uptake, transportation, and presentation of bacterial antigens...
- Chromosomal localization of FLT4, a novel receptor-type tyrosine kinase geneF Galland
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, U 119 INSERM, Marseille, France
Genomics 13:475-8. 1992..a putative receptor-type tyrosine kinase (RTK) was isolated by screening a placenta cDNA library with a mouse Flt3 probe...
- Murine Flt3, a gene encoding a novel tyrosine kinase receptor of the PDGFR/CSF1R familyO Rosnet
U 119 INSERM, Marseille, France
Oncogene 6:1641-50. 1991..We have isolated and characterized the mouse Flt3 gene, encoding the sixth member of this family...
- Isolation and chromosomal localization of a novel FMS-like tyrosine kinase geneO Rosnet
U 119 INSERM, Marseille, France
Genomics 9:380-5. 1991We have isolated and sequenced part of a new gene of the tyrosine kinase family. This gene, called FLT3, has strong sequence similarities with members of a group of genes encoding growth factor receptors: FMS, KIT, and PDGFR...
- Expression of Flt3 tyrosine kinase receptor gene in mouse hematopoietic and nervous tissuesO Delapeyriere
Laboratoire d Oncologie Moleculaire, U 119 INSERM, Marseille, France
Differentiation 58:351-9. 1995The Flt3 gene encodes a tyrosine kinase receptor highly related to the Kit and Fms gene products. We have studied the expression of Flt3 by using in situ hybridization of mouse tissue sections...
- Developmental expression of flt3 mRNA in the mouse brainA Ito
Department of Pathology, Osaka University Medical School, Suita, Japan
J Mol Neurosci 4:235-43. 1993The expression and localization of flt3 mRNA were investigated using Northern blotting and in situ hybridization during the developmental process of the mouse brain...
- Ligand for FLT3/FLK2 receptor tyrosine kinase regulates growth of haematopoietic stem cells and is encoded by variant RNAsC Hannum
DNAX Research Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Palo Alto, California 94304 1104
Nature 368:643-8. 1994The FLT3/FLK2 receptor tyrosine kinase is closely related to two receptors, c-Kit and c-Fms, which function with their respective ligands, Kit ligand and macrophage colony-stimulating factor to control differentiation of haematopoietic ..
- Substrate specificities and identification of a putative binding site for PI3K in the carboxy tail of the murine Flt3 receptor tyrosine kinaseR Rottapel
Molecular Hematology Laboratory, Unite 119 INSERM, Marseille, France
Oncogene 9:1755-65. 1994b>Flt3 is a receptor tyrosine kinase (RTK) structurally related to the CSF-1R encoded by the c-fms locus, Kit and the PDGFR which is restricted in its expression to hematopoietic precursor populations and several distinct cell types within ..
- Close physical linkage of the FLT1 and FLT3 genes on chromosome 13 in man and chromosome 5 in mouseO Rosnet
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, U 119 INSERM, Marseille, France
Oncogene 8:173-9. 1993..We define here a third cluster located on chromosome 13q and containing two contiguous RTK genes, FLT1 and FLT3. The former has recently been shown to encode a RTK of a new class while the latter codes for a hematopoietic ..
- Biochemical characterization and analysis of the transforming potential of the FLT3/FLK2 receptor tyrosine kinaseN Maroc
Molecular Hematology Laboratory, Unite 119 INSERM, Marseille, France
Oncogene 8:909-18. 1993..Marchetto, S., deLapeyriere, O. & Birnbaum, D. (1991). Oncogene, 6, 1641-1650] and Flk2 by others [Matthews, W., Jordan, C.T., Wieg, G.W., Pardoll, D. & Lemischka, I.R. (1991)...
- Murine flt3 ligand protects M1 leukemic cells from LIF-induced differentiation and suppression of self-renewalC G Begley
Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Victoria, Australia
Exp Hematol 24:1247-57. 1996..We have examined the action of flt3/flk2 ligand (FL) on physiologic suppression of self-renewal during growth factor-induced differentiation of M1 ..
- Hematopoiesis in the fetal liver is impaired by targeted mutagenesis of a gene encoding a non-DNA binding subunit of the transcription factor, polyomavirus enhancer binding protein 2/core binding factorM Niki
Department of Molecular Immunology, Institute of Development, Aging, and Cancer, Tohoku University, Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai 980, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:5697-702. 1997..Thus, the results indicate that the two subunits function together as a heterodimeric PEBP2/CBF in vivo and that PEBP2/CBF plays an essential role in the development of definitive hematopoiesis...
- The granulocyte colony-stimulating factor receptor is required for the mobilization of murine hematopoietic progenitors into peripheral blood by cyclophosphamide or interleukin-8 but not flt-3 ligandF Liu
Department of Medicine, Washington University Medical School, St Louis, MO 63110 1093, USA
Blood 90:2522-8. 1997..These results show that the G-CSFR is required for mobilization in response to cyclophosphamide or IL-8 but not flt-3 ligand and suggest that the G-CSFR may play an important and previously unexpected role in HPC migration...
- Sensitivity toward tyrosine kinase inhibitors varies between different activating mutations of the FLT3 receptorRebekka Grundler
Department of Internal Medicine III, Laboratory of Leukemogenesis, Technical University of Munich, Germany
Blood 102:646-51. 2003Activating mutations of FLT3 have been detected in patients with acute myeloid leukemia (AML)...
- Activation of the G-CSF and Flt-3 receptors protects hematopoietic stem cells from lethal irradiationPhilip R Streeter
BMT Program, Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Department of Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Ore 97239 3089, USA
Exp Hematol 31:1119-25. 2003....
- Velvet, a dominant Egfr mutation that causes wavy hair and defective eyelid development in miceXin Du
Department of Immunology, Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Genetics 166:331-40. 2004..Velvet is the first known dominant representative of the Egfr allelic series that is fully viable, a fact that makes it particularly useful for developmental studies...
- Meis1 programs transcription of FLT3 and cancer stem cell character, using a mechanism that requires interaction with Pbx and a novel function of the Meis1 C-terminusGang G Wang
Department of Pathology and Molecular Pathology Program, School of Medicine, University of California at San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Blood 106:254-64. 2005..potential, and induced expression of genes associated with short-term hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs), such as FLT3 and CD34, whose expression also characterizes the leukemia-initiating stem cells of human AML...
- Roles of tyrosine residues 845, 892 and 922 in constitutive activation of murine FLT3 kinase domain mutantJun Ishiko
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Oncogene 24:8144-53. 2005b>FLT3 tyrosine kinase domain (TKD) mutations are detected in approximately 7% of acute myeloid leukemia patients, and suggested to correlate with poor prognosis and confer resistance to FLT3 inhibitors...
- FLT3 internal tandem duplication mutations induce myeloproliferative or lymphoid disease in a transgenic mouse modelBenjamin H Lee
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Oncogene 24:7882-92. 2005Activating FMS-like tyrosine kinase 3 (FLT3) mutations have been identified in approximately 30% of patients with acute myelogenous leukemia (AML), and recently in a smaller subset of patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL)...
- Analysis of the MCMV resistome by ENU mutagenesisKarine Crozat
Department of Immunology, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 N Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Mamm Genome 17:398-406. 2006....
- Internal tandem duplication of FLT3 (FLT3/ITD) induces increased ROS production, DNA damage, and misrepair: implications for poor prognosis in AMLAnnahita Sallmyr
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Blood 111:3173-82. 2008Activating mutations of the FMS-like tyrosine kinase-3 (FLT3) receptor occur in approximately 30% of acute myeloid leukemia (AML) patients and, at least for internal tandem duplication (ITD) mutations, are associated with poor prognosis...
- Role of SHP2 for FLT3-dependent proliferation and transformation in 32D cellsJ P Muller
Leukemia 22:1945-8. 2008
- Flk2+ common lymphoid progenitors possess equivalent differentiation potential for the B and T lineagesHolger Karsunky
Institute of Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, CA, USA
Blood 111:5562-70. 2008..can be divided into functionally distinct subsets based on the expression of the tyrosine kinase receptor, Flk2. The Flk2(+) subset contains robust in vivo and in vitro T-cell, B-cell, DC, and NK potential, but lacks myeloid ..
- Fms-related tyrosine kinase 3 expression discriminates hematopoietic stem cells subpopulations with differing engraftment-potential: identifying the most potent combinationYiming Huang
Institute for Cellular Therapeutics, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40202 1760, USA
Transplantation 85:1175-84. 2008Fms-related tyrosine kinase 3 (Flt3)-ligand (FL) promotes the proliferation, differentiation, development, and mobilization of hematopoietic cells...
- The stream of precursors that colonizes the thymus proceeds selectively through the early T lineage precursor stage of T cell developmentClaudia Benz
Department of Developmental Immunology, Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology, 79108 Freiburg, Germany
J Exp Med 205:1187-99. 2008..However, it is clear that of the known intrathymic precursors, only the ETP population contributes significant numbers of T lineage precursors to T cell development...
- Repression of Gadd45alpha by activated FLT3 and GM-CSF receptor mutants contributes to growth, survival and blocked differentiationM Perugini
Division of Haematology, Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science, Hanson Institute, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Leukemia 23:729-38. 2009..We have identified Gadd45alpha as a downregulated gene in response to constitutive signaling from two FLT3 mutants (FLT3-ITD and FLT3-TKD) commonly found in AML, and a leukemogenic GM-CSF receptor trans-membrane mutant (..
- Oncogenic Flt3 receptors display different specificity and kinetics of autophosphorylationElena Razumovskaya
Experimental Clinical Chemistry, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Lund University, Malmo University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Exp Hematol 37:979-89. 2009Fms-like tyrosine kinase-3 (Flt3), a growth factor receptor normally expressed in hematopoietic progenitor cells, has been shown to have an important role in development of acute myeloid leukemia (AML) due to activating mutations...
- Intestinal lamina propria dendritic cell subsets have different origin and functionsChen Varol
Department of Immunology, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel 76100
Immunity 31:502-12. 2009..Our results highlight the critical importance of the lpDC subset balance for robust gut homeostasis...
- Transcriptional control of Flt3 ligand targeted by fluorouracil-induced Egr-1 promoter in hematopoietic damageNan Du
Department of Oncology First Affiliated hospital, Chinese PLA Postgraduate Medical School, Beijing 100037, China
J Biomed Sci 16:85. 2009..Egr-EF, an expression vector pCIneo containing Egr-1 promoter cloned upstream of the cDNA for Flt3 ligand, was used to treat hematopoietic damage...
- HIV gag protein is efficiently cross-presented when targeted with an antibody towards the DEC-205 receptor in Flt3 ligand-mobilized murine DCLeonia Bozzacco
Laboratory of Cellular Physiology and Immunology and Chris Browne Center, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10065 6399, USA
Eur J Immunol 40:36-46. 2010..These findings support future experiments to use Flt3L to enhance presentation of DC-targeted vaccines...
- Murine hematopoietic blast colony-forming cells and their progeny have distinctive membrane marker profilesDonald Metcalf
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, 1G Royal Parade, Parkville, Victoria 3052, Australia
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:19102-7. 2009..plus interleukin-6 (IL-6) (BL-CFC-S) were separable from most dispersed blast colony-forming cells stimulated by Flt3 ligand and IL-6 (BL-CFC-F) using CD34 and Flt3R probes...
- The origin and development of nonlymphoid tissue CD103+ DCsFlorent Ginhoux
Department of Gene and Cell Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Exp Med 206:3115-30. 2009..organ CD8(+) DCs in that they are derived exclusively from pre-DCs under the control of fms-like tyrosine kinase 3 (Flt3) ligand, inhibitor of DNA protein 2 (Id2), and IFN regulatory protein 8 (IRF8)...
- A robust error model for iTRAQ quantification reveals divergent signaling between oncogenic FLT3 mutants in acute myeloid leukemiaYi Zhang
Department of Cancer Biology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 9:780-90. 2010The FLT3 receptor tyrosine kinase plays an important role in normal hematopoietic development and leukemogenesis...
- Expression and role of FLT3 in regulation of the earliest stage of normal granulocyte-monocyte progenitor developmentCharlotta Böiers
Hematopoietic Stem Cell Laboratory, Lund Stem Cell Center, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Blood 115:5061-8. 2010Mice deficient in c-fms-like tyrosine kinase 3 (FLT3) signaling have reductions in early multipotent and lymphoid progenitors, whereas no evident myeloid phenotype has been reported...
- Flt3 permits survival during infection by rendering dendritic cells competent to activate NK cellsCeline Eidenschenk
Department of Genetics, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:9759-64. 2010..cells during viral infection was revealed by a recessive N-ethyl-N-nitrosourea-induced mutation called warmflash (wmfl). Wmfl homozygotes displayed increased susceptibility to mouse cytomegalovirus (MCMV) infection...
- FLT-3 expression and function on microglia in multiple sclerosisCynthia A Deboy
Neurology, Johns Hopkins University, Pathology 627, 600 N Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Exp Mol Pathol 89:109-16. 2010..Furthermore these data suggest that FLT-3 may be a therapeutic target on microglia to mitigate CNS inflammation...
- Cells expressing FLT3/ITD mutations exhibit elevated repair errors generated through alternative NHEJ pathways: implications for genomic instability and therapyJinshui Fan
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Blood 116:5298-305. 2010The internal tandem duplication (ITD) mutations of the FMS-like tyrosine kinase-3 (FLT3) receptor found in acute myeloid leukemia patients are associated with poor prognosis...
- Myeloid leukemia development in c-Cbl RING finger mutant mice is dependent on FLT3 signalingChozhavendan Rathinam
Department of Immunobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Cancer Cell 18:341-52. 2010..disease which progresses to leukemia and involves hematopoietic progenitors that exhibit augmented FLT3 signaling. Suppressing this signaling through matings with FLT3 ligand knockout mice prevents leukemia development...
- Defective nonhomologous end joining blocks B-cell development in FLT3/ITD miceLi Li
Department of Oncology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Blood 117:3131-9. 2011We have generated an FLT3/ITD knock-in mouse model in which mice with an FLT3/ITD mutation develop myeloproliferative disease (MPD) and a block in early B-lymphocyte development...
- A combination of Flt3 ligand cDNA and CpG oligodeoxynucleotide as nasal adjuvant elicits protective secretory-IgA immunity to Streptococcus pneumoniae in aged miceYoshiko Fukuyama
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Immunobiology Vaccine Center, Institute of Oral Health Research, University of Alabama at Birmingham, AL 35294 0007, USA
J Immunol 186:2454-61. 2011Our previous study showed that a combination of a plasmid-expressing Flt3 ligand (pFL) and CpG oligodeoxynucleotides (CpG ODN) as a combined nasal adjuvant elicited mucosal immune responses in aged (2-y-old) mice...
- FLT3 expression initiates in fully multipotent mouse hematopoietic progenitor cellsNatalija Buza-Vidas
Haematopoietic Stem Cell Laboratory, Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
Blood 118:1544-8. 2011..down-regulated megakaryocyte-erythroid (MkE) potential are restricted to cells with high levels of cell-surface FLT3 expression, whereas HSCs and MkE progenitors lack detectable cell-surface FLT3...
- c-Cbl and Cbl-b ligases mediate 17-allylaminodemethoxygeldanamycin-induced degradation of autophosphorylated Flt3 kinase with internal tandem duplication through the ubiquitin proteasome pathwayGaku Oshikawa
Department of Hematology, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 1 5 45 Yushima, Bunkyoku, Tokyo 113 8519, Japan
J Biol Chem 286:30263-73. 2011The class III receptor-tyrosine kinase Flt3 regulates normal hematopoiesis...
- Identification and characterization of a functional murine FLT3 isoform produced by exon skippingC Lavagna
Laboratoire d Oncologie Moleculaire, INSERM U 119, Marseille, France
J Biol Chem 270:3165-71. 1995The FLT3 gene encodes an hematopoietic receptor related to the receptors for colony-stimulating factor 1, FMS, and for Steel factor, KIT...
- flk2/flt3 ligand is a potent cofactor for the growth of primitive B cell progenitorsB E Hunte
Department of Immunology, DNAX Research Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
J Immunol 156:489-96. 1996We have investigated the role of flk2/flt3 ligand (FL) in B cell lymphopoiesis...
- Narp, a novel member of the pentraxin family, promotes neurite outgrowth and is dynamically regulated by neuronal activityC C Tsui
Department of Neuroscience, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Neurosci 16:2463-78. 1996..Because Narp is rapidly regulated by neuronal activity, its lectin and growth-promoting activities are likely to play role in the modification of cellular properties that underlie long-term plasticity...
- Murine models of activated FLT3 receptor tyrosine kinaseBenjamin Lee; Fiscal Year: 2007b>FLT3 is the most frequently mutated gene in cases of acute myelogenous leukemia (AML)...
- Genes that Mediate Tolerance to the Placental AllograftBruce Beutler; Fiscal Year: 2006..Fourth, circumvention of the toleragenic mechanism might be used to prevent normal gestation, leading to termination of pregnancy within a few days following implantation of the blastocyst. ..
- Forward Genetic Analysis of the Innate Immune Contribution to MCMV ResistanceBruce Beutler; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mutagenic analysis of LPS responsesBruce Beutler; Fiscal Year: 2006..In the case of mutations that abolish LPS tolerance, we will attempt to determine the net impact on host resistance to infection. ..
- TLR4 as an LPS sendor and susceptibility locusBruce Beutler; Fiscal Year: 2007..The new mutations that are found--and those that have already been found in preliminary efforts--will be isolated by positional cloning. ..
- Manipulationg MINOR to extend DC lifespan and functionKatharine Whartenby; Fiscal Year: 2009..The goals of the proposed studies are to further investigate the function of this gene and to evaluate the effect of manipulating its expression in improving tumor vaccines. ..