Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Fgf2
Description: fibroblast growth factor 2
Alias: Fgf-2, Fgfb, bFGF, fibroblast growth factor 2, HBGF-2, basic fibroblast growth factor, heparin-binding growth factor 2
Publications140 found, 100 shown here
- Impaired cerebral cortex development and blood pressure regulation in FGF-2-deficient miceR Dono
EMBL, Heidelberg, Germany
EMBO J 17:4213-25. 1998..The observed autonomic dysfunction in FGF-2-deficient adult mice uncovers more general roles in neural development and function...
- Role of fibroblast growth factor-2 isoforms in the effect of estradiol on endothelial cell migration and proliferationB Garmy-Susini
INSERM U589, Institut L Bugnard, CHU Rangueil, 31403 Toulouse, France
Circ Res 94:1301-9. 2004Both 17beta-estradiol (E2) and fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2) stimulate angiogenesis and endothelial cell migration and proliferation...
- Fibroblast growth factor 2 is required for maintaining the neural stem cell pool in the mouse brain subventricular zoneWei Zheng
Yale University, Child Study Center, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Dev Neurosci 26:181-96. 2004Cells within the subventricular zone (SVZ) express basic Fgf (Fgf2) and Fgf receptor proteins...
- Activation of canonical Wnt pathway promotes proliferation of retinal stem cells derived from adult mouse ciliary marginToshihiro Inoue
Department of Cell Fate Modulation, Institute of Molecular Embryology and Genetics, Kumamoto University, 2 2 1 Honjo, Kumamoto City, Japan
Stem Cells 24:95-104. 2006..The proliferative effect of SB216763 was attenuated by an FGF receptor inhibitor but was enhanced by FGF2, with Ki-67-positive cells reaching over 70% of the total cells...
- BMP-2 and FGF-2 synergistically facilitate adoption of a cardiac phenotype in somatic bone marrow c-kit+/Sca-1+ stem cellsBrent R DeGeorge
Center for Translational Medicine, Department of Medicine, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Clin Transl Sci 1:116-25. 2008....
- Galectin-3 is an important mediator of VEGF- and bFGF-mediated angiogenic responseAnna I Markowska
Department of Ophthalmology Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Exp Med 207:1981-93. 2010..We demonstrate here that galectin-3 is a mediator of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)- and basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF)-mediated angiogenic response...
- FGF-1 and FGF-7 induce distinct patterns of growth and differentiation in embryonic lung epitheliumW V Cardoso
The Pulmonary Center, Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Dev Dyn 208:398-405. 1997..Thus, in the embryonic lung epithelium, growth effects of FGFs appear to be dependent on location of FGFRs, while effects on differentiation are ligand-dependent...
- Neutrophil MMP-9 proenzyme, unencumbered by TIMP-1, undergoes efficient activation in vivo and catalytically induces angiogenesis via a basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF-2)/FGFR-2 pathwayVeronica C Ardi
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 284:25854-66. 2009..By quantifying the levels of host angiogenic factors, we demonstrated that basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF-2) was a major cytokine becoming bioavailable in the onplant tissue undergoing a neutrophil ..
- Allergen-induced coexpression of bFGF and TGF-β1 by macrophages in a mouse model of airway remodeling: bFGF induces macrophage TGF-β1 expression in vitroHye Young Yum
Department of Medicine, University of California San Diego, USA
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 155:12-22. 2011b>Basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) is a cytokine that is mitogenic for fibroblasts and smooth muscle and may play a role in airway remodeling in asthma...
- Delta-like 1 serves as a new target and contributor to liver fibrosis down-regulated by mesenchymal stem cell transplantationRuo Lang Pan
College of Life Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310058, China
J Biol Chem 286:12340-8. 2011..Furthermore, we demonstrated that FGF2 was up-regulated in BM-MSCs under injury stimulation, and it probably participated in the inhibition of Dlk1 by BM-..
- Fibroblast growth factor (FGF) 18 signals through FGF receptor 3 to promote chondrogenesisDavid Davidson
Department of Medicine, Centre for Bone and Periodontal Research, McGill University, Montreal H3A 1A4, Canada
J Biol Chem 280:20509-15. 2005..This work, thus, identifies FGF18 and FGFR3 as potential molecular targets for intervention in tissue engineering aimed at cartilage repair and regeneration of damaged cartilage...
- Prox1 promotes lineage-specific expression of fibroblast growth factor (FGF) receptor-3 in lymphatic endothelium: a role for FGF signaling in lymphangiogenesisJay W Shin
Cutaneous Biology Research Center and Department of Dermatology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Mol Biol Cell 17:576-84. 2006..Together, these results indicate that FGFR-3 is an initial target of Prox1 during the lymphatic cell fate specification and that FGF signaling may play an important role in lymphatic vessel development...
- Fibroblast growth factor receptor-3 is expressed in undifferentiated intestinal epithelial cells during murine crypt morphogenesisAlda Vidrich
Digestive Health Center of Excellence, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Dev Dyn 230:114-23. 2004..FGFR-3 IIIb was the dominant isoform expressed in both small intestinal and colonic crypts. Expression of FGF1, FGF2, and FGF9, known ligands of FGFR-3, paralleled patterns of FGFR-3 expression during gut development...
- Developmental regulation of neural response to FGF-1 and FGF-2 by heparan sulfate proteoglycanV Nurcombe
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Australia
Science 260:103-6. 1993..Thus, a single species of HSPG undergoes a rapid, tightly controlled change in growth factor-binding specificity concomitant with the temporal expression of the FGFs...
- Protease nexin-1 is expressed at the mouse met-/mesencephalic junction and FGF signaling regulates its promoter activity in primary met-/mesencephalic cellsP Kury
Friedrich Miescher Institut, Basel, Switzerland
Development 124:1251-62. 1997..met-/mesencephalic junction were used to demonstrate a specific effect on transcriptional activity by basic fibroblast growth factor and Engrailed transcription factors, providing evidence that PN-1 is a target gene of these factors...
- Antisense targeting of basic fibroblast growth factor and fibroblast growth factor receptor-1 in human melanomas blocks intratumoral angiogenesis and tumor growthY Wang
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Nat Med 3:887-93. 1997Unlike normal melanocytes, primary and metastatic human melanomas express high levels of basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) and fibroblast growth factor receptor-1 (FGFR-1) messenger RNA, and expression of these genes is essential in ..
- Heparan sulfate proteoglycans as regulators of fibroblast growth factor-2 signaling in brain endothelial cells. Specific role for glypican-1 in glioma angiogenesisDianhua Qiao
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Clinical Sciences Center K4 850, Madison, WI 53562 8550, USA
J Biol Chem 278:16045-53. 2003Fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2) is a potent angiogenic factor in gliomas. Heparan sulfate promotes ligand binding to receptor tyrosine kinase and regulates signaling...
- Erk pathway and activator protein 1 play crucial roles in FGF2-stimulated premature cranial suture closureHyun Jung Kim
Department of Biochemistry, School of Dentistry, Kyungpook National University, Daegu, Korea
Dev Dyn 227:335-46. 2003..We observed that placing FGF2-soaked bead on the osteogenic fronts of cultured mouse calvaria accelerates cranial suture closure and strongly ..
- Role of fibroblast growth factor type 1 and 2 in carbon tetrachloride-induced hepatic injury and fibrogenesisChundong Yu
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Texas A and M University, and the Center for Cancer Biology and Nutrition, Institute of Biosciences and Technology, Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Am J Pathol 163:1653-62. 2003..role of all 23 FGF polypeptides in the liver is still unclear, the most widely studied prototypes, FGF1 and FGF2, are present and have been implicated in liver cell growth and function in vitro...
- Expression of Fgf receptors 1, 2, and 3 in the developing mid- and hindbrain of the mouseAlexandra A Blak
GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, Institute of Developmental Genetics, Neuherberg, Germany
Dev Dyn 233:1023-30. 2005..Fgfr3 expression is in contact with the Fgf8 expression domain only in the rostroventral hindbrain. Based on these findings, we postulate a role for FGFR2 and FGFR3 in FGF signaling in the ventral midbrain and hindbrain...
- FGF-1 and FGF-2 require the cytosolic chaperone Hsp90 for translocation into the cytosol and the cell nucleusJørgen Wesche
Institute for Cancer Research at The Norwegian Radium Hospital, University of Oslo, Montebello, 0310 Oslo, Norway
J Biol Chem 281:11405-12. 2006..The data indicate that the drugs block translocation from endosomes to the cytosol implying that Hsp90 is required for translocation of FGF-1 and FGF-2 across the endosomal membrane...
- FGF2 alters expression of the pyrophosphate/phosphate regulating proteins, PC-1, ANK and TNAP, in the calvarial osteoblastic cell line, MC3T3E1(C4)Nan E Hatch
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Connect Tissue Res 46:184-92. 2005..Subsequently, the effect of FGF2 treatment on expression of PC-1, ANK, and TNAP in the calvarial osteoblastic cell line, MC3T3E1(C4), was ..
- Prostaglandin E2 regulates angiogenesis via activation of fibroblast growth factor receptor-1Federica Finetti
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Siena, Via Aldo Moro, 2, 53100 Siena, Italy
J Biol Chem 283:2139-46. 2008..Relevance for the FGF2-FGFR-1 system was highlighted by confocal analysis, showing receptor internalization after cell exposure to the ..
- Fibroblast growth factor influences the development and cycling of murine hair folliclesD L du Cros
Department of Biological Structure, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle 98195
Dev Biol 156:444-53. 1993The effects of basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) on the development of hair follicles in neonatal mouse skin were examined...
- Fibroblast-growth-factor receptor mutations in human skeletal disordersM Muenke
Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Department of Pediatrics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104 4399, USA
Trends Genet 11:308-13. 1995..Comparison of these specific mutations with the resulting phenotypes is now providing new insight into the role of these receptors in normal and abnormal bone development...
- Fibroblast growth factor 2 control of vascular toneM Zhou
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Ohio 45267, USA
Nat Med 4:201-7. 1998..Here we show that a well-known growth factor, FGF2, long thought to be involved in many developmental and homeostatic processes, including growth of the tissue layers ..
- Changes in cerebral cortex size are governed by fibroblast growth factor during embryogenesisF M Vaccarino
Child Study Center, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Nat Neurosci 2:246-53. 1999We show that fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) and FGF receptors are transiently expressed by cells of the pseudostratified ventricular epithelium (PVE) during early neurogenesis...
- Id genes are direct targets of bone morphogenetic protein induction in embryonic stem cellsA Hollnagel
Institut fur Molekularbiologie, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, D 30625 Hannover, Germany
J Biol Chem 274:19838-45. 1999..cells responded very selectively to stimulation by various mesoderm inducers (BMP2/4, activin A, and basic fibroblast growth factor)...
- Disruption of the fibroblast growth factor-2 gene results in decreased bone mass and bone formationA Montero
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, The University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut 06030, USA
J Clin Invest 105:1085-93. 2000b>Basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF-2), an important modulator of cartilage and bone growth and differentiation, is expressed and regulated in osteoblastic cells...
- Basic fibroblast growth factor (Fgf2) is necessary for cell proliferation and neurogenesis in the developing cerebral cortexR Raballo
Child Study Center and Section of Neurobiology, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
J Neurosci 20:5012-23. 2000..We have previously shown that the germline mutation of the basic fibroblast growth factor (Fgf2) gene results in a reduction in the number of cortical neurons in the adult...
- Novel fibroblast growth factor 2 transcripts are expressed in mouse embryosR P Dirks
Department of Anatomy, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 287:900-9. 2001We have discovered two new exons in the mouse fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF-2 or bFGF) gene that can be alternatively spliced to the second coding exon of the gene...
- Functions of fibroblast growth factor (FGF)-2 and FGF-5 in astroglial differentiation and blood-brain barrier permeability: evidence from mouse mutantsBernhard Reuss
Department of Neuroanatomy, IZN, University of Heidelberg, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Neurosci 23:6404-12. 2003..The observed defect in astroglial differentiation is accompanied by a defect in BBB function arguing for an indirect or direct role of FGFs in the regulation of BBB permeability in vivo...
- MINT, the Msx2 interacting nuclear matrix target, enhances Runx2-dependent activation of the osteocalcin fibroblast growth factor response elementOscar L Sierra
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Bone and Mineral Diseases, Washington University School of Medicine, Barnes Jewish Hospital, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 279:32913-23. 2004..with endogenous Runx2 and FGFR2), MINT augments transcription driven by the OCFRE that is further enhanced by FGF2 treatment. OCFRE regulation can be reconstituted in the naïve CV1 fibroblast cell background...
- Hyperglycemia upregulates translation of the fibroblast growth factor 2 mRNA in mouse aorta via internal ribosome entry siteShigetada Teshima-Kondo
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U589, Hormones, Facteurs de Croissance et Physiopathologie Vasculaire, Institut Louis Bugnard IFR31, Hopital Rangueil, Toulouse, France
FASEB J 18:1583-5. 2004b>Fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF-2) is normally synthesized at low levels but is elevated in various pathophysiological conditions including diabetes-associated vascular diseases...
- Testosterone regulates FGF-2 expression during testis maturation by an IRES-dependent translational mechanismIrma G Gonzalez-Herrera
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U589, Toulouse, France
FASEB J 20:476-8. 2006Spermatogenesis is a complex process involving cell proliferation, differentiation, and apoptosis. Fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF-2) is involved in testicular function, but its role in spermatogenesis has not been fully documented...
- Fibroblast growth factor-2 is an immediate-early gene induced by mechanical stress in osteogenic cellsChai Fei Li
Laboratory of Cell Growth, Northern California Institute for Research and Education, San Francisco, California, USA
J Bone Miner Res 21:946-55. 2006..Here, we show that MS induced proliferation in both MC3T3-E1 and BMOp cells isolated from Fgf2(+/+) mice; Fgf2(-/-) BMOp cells required exogenous FGF-2 for a normal proliferation response...
- Identification of an antiangiogenic FGF2-binding site in the N terminus of the soluble pattern recognition receptor PTX3Maura Camozzi
Unit of General Pathology and Immunology, Department of Biomedical Sciences and Biotechnology, School of Medicine, University of Brescia, 25123 Brescia, Italy
J Biol Chem 281:22605-13. 2006..PTX3 binds fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2), inhibiting its pro-angiogenic and pro-restenotic activity...
- FGF-2 inhibits osteogenesis in mouse adipose tissue-derived stromal cells and sustains their proliferative and osteogenic potential stateNatalina Quarto
Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305 5148, USA
Tissue Eng 12:1405-18. 2006..These FGF-2 functional characteristics may assist with cell selection and enrichment for the purpose of bone tissue engineering...
- The cardioprotective effect of the low molecular weight isoform of fibroblast growth factor-2: the role of JNK signalingSiyun Liao
Department of Pharmacology and Cell Biophysics, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, 231 Albert Sabin Way, ML 0575, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 42:106-20. 2007Our laboratory showed that overexpression of fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2) protected the heart against ischemia-reperfusion injury...
- Fibroblast growth factor (FGF)-2 and FGF receptor 3 are required for the development of the substantia nigra, and FGF-2 plays a crucial role for the rescue of dopaminergic neurons after 6-hydroxydopamine lesionMarco Timmer
Department of Neuroanatomy, Hannover Medical School, Center for Systems Neuroscience Hannover, 30625 Hannover, Germany
J Neurosci 27:459-71. 2007b>Basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF-2) is involved in the development and maintenance of the nervous system. Exogenous administration of FGF-2 increased dopaminergic (DA) graft survival in different animal models of Parkinson's disease...
- Dura mater-derived FGF-2 mediates mitogenic signaling in calvarial osteoblastsShuli Li
Children s Surgical Research Program, Department of Surgery Stanford University, School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5148, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 293:C1834-42. 2007....
- Differential FGF ligands and FGF receptors expression pattern in frontal and parietal calvarial bonesNatalina Quarto
Children s Surgical Research Program, Department of Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, Calif 94305 5148, USA
Cells Tissues Organs 190:158-69. 2009..Frontal bone also elaborated higher levels of Fgf receptor 1, 2 and 3 transcripts versus parietal bone. Taken together, these data suggest that the frontal bone is a domain with higher FGF-signaling competence than parietal bone...
- Disruption of the Fgf2 gene activates the adipogenic and suppresses the osteogenic program in mesenchymal marrow stromal stem cellsLiping Xiao
Department of Medicine, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
Bone 47:360-70. 2010Here we determine the Fibroblast Growth Factor-2 (FGF2) dependency of the time course of changes in bone mass in female mice...
- The function of FGF signaling in the lens placodeClaudia M Garcia
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Washington University, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Dev Biol 351:176-85. 2011..Since the expression of proteins required for lens formation was not altered in the knockout placode cells, we can conclude that FGF signaling from the optic vesicle is not required for lens induction...
- S100B protein regulates myoblast proliferation and differentiation by activating FGFR1 in a bFGF-dependent mannerFrancesca Riuzzi
Department of Experimental Medicine and Biochemical Sciences and Istituto Interuniversitario di Miologia, University of Perugia, Via del Giochetto, 06122 Perugia, Italy
J Cell Sci 124:2389-400. 2011..Here, we show that S100B increases and/or stabilizes the binding of basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) to bFGF receptor 1 (FGFR1) by interacting with bFGF, thereby enhancing FGFR1 activation and the ..
- Fibroblast growth factor 2 regulates adequate nigrostriatal pathway formation in miceOlga Baron
Institute of Neuroanatomy, Hannover Medical School, 30625 Hannover, Germany
J Comp Neurol 520:3949-61. 2012b>Fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF-2) is an important neurotrophic factor that promotes survival of adult mesencephalic dopaminergic (mDA) neurons and regulates their adequate development...
- FGF2 stimulates osteogenic differentiation through ERK induced TAZ expressionMi Ran Byun
Department of Life Sciences, Korea University, Seoul 136 701, Republic of Korea
Bone 58:72-80. 2014..Within this family, FGF2 stimulates osteoblast differentiation though a mechanism that is largely unknown...
- EGF-FGF2 stimulates the proliferation and improves the neuronal commitment of mouse epidermal neural crest stem cells (EPI-NCSCs)Raul Bardini Bressan
Departamento de Biologia Celular, Embriologia e Genetica, Centro de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Campus Universitario Trindade, 88040 900 Florianopolis SC, Brazil
Exp Cell Res 327:37-47. 2014..Since the combination of epidermal growth factor (EGF) and fibroblast growth factor type 2 (FGF2) is mitogenic and promotes the neuronal commitment of various stem cell populations, we examined its effects in the ..
- Contrasting effects of basic fibroblast growth factor and neurotrophin 3 on cell cycle kinetics of mouse cortical stem cellsAgnes Lukaszewicz
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U371, Cerveau et Vision, 69675 Bron, France
J Neurosci 22:6610-22. 2002b>Basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) exerts a mitogenic effect on cortical neuroblasts, whereas neurotrophin 3 (NT3) promotes differentiation in these cells...
- Decrease in excitatory neurons, astrocytes and proliferating progenitors in the cerebral cortex of mice lacking exon 3 from the Fgf2 geneKesi Chen
Child Study Center, Yale University School of Medicine, 230 South Frontage Rd, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
BMC Neurosci 9:94. 2008The Fgf2 gene is expressed in the brain neuroepithelium during embryonic development and in astroglial cells throughout life...
- Fibroblast growth factor 2 is necessary for the growth of glutamate projection neurons in the anterior neocortexSailaja Korada
Child Study Center and Department of Neurobiology, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
J Neurosci 22:863-75. 2002b>Basic fibroblast growth factor (Fgf2) is required for the generation of founder cells within the dorsal pseudostratified ventricular epithelium, which will generate the cerebral cortex, but the ganglionic eminences are not affected...
- Compensation by fibroblast growth factor 1 (FGF1) does not account for the mild phenotypic defects observed in FGF2 null miceD L Miller
Department of Microbiology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Mol Cell Biol 20:2260-8. 2000Fibroblast growth factor 1 (FGF1) and FGF2, the prototypic members of the FGF family of growth factors, have been implicated in a variety of physiological and pathological processes...
- STAT1 mediates the increased apoptosis and reduced chondrocyte proliferation in mice overexpressing FGF2M Sahni
Department of Microbiology, NYU School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Development 128:2119-29. 2001..We crossed Stat1(-/-) mice with a transgenic mouse line overexpressing human FGF2 (TgFGF)...
- FGF2 signaling is required for the development of neuronal circuits regulating blood pressureRosanna Dono
Department of Developmental Biology, Faculty of Biology, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Circ Res 90:E5-E10. 2002b>Fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) signaling is involved in angiogenesis, vascular contractility, and cardiac hypertrophy...
- Lysyl oxidase oxidizes basic fibroblast growth factor and inactivates its mitogenic potentialWande Li
Department of Biochemistry, Boston University School of Medicine, 715 Albany Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Cell Biochem 88:152-64. 2003..Here we demonstrate that basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF), a polypeptide which regulates proliferation, differentiation, and migration of a variety of ..
- Efficient cardiomyogenic differentiation of embryonic stem cell by fibroblast growth factor 2 and bone morphogenetic protein 2Takao Kawai
Cardiology, Respiratory and Nephrology, Regeneration and Advanced Medical Science, Graduate School of Medicine, Gifu University, Gifu, Japan
Circ J 68:691-702. 2004..The aim of the present study was to investigate whether growth factors may efficiently enhance the in vitro cardiac differentiation of ES cells...
- Different thresholds of fibroblast growth factors pattern the ventral foregut into liver and lungAmanda E Serls
Department of Pathology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, The Children s Hospital, 1056 East 19th Avenue, Denver, CO 80218, USA
Development 132:35-47. 2005..of cardiac mesoderm, ventral foregut endoderm explants respond to exogenous fibroblast growth factor (FGF) 1 and FGF2 in a dose-dependent manner, with lower concentrations activating liver specific genes and higher concentrations ..
- Expression pattern of matrix metalloproteinase and TIMP genes in fibroblasts derived from Ets-1 knock-out mice compared to wild-type mouse fibroblastsJens Claus Hahne
Institute of Pathology, University of Bonn, 53011 Bonn, Germany
Int J Mol Med 18:153-9. 2006..We stimulated wild-type mouse fibroblasts with physiological doses of basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF, known to induce different proteases and expressed by tumour cells) and compared the results to ..
- Angiogenic factors FGF2 and PDGF-BB synergistically promote murine tumor neovascularization and metastasisLars Johan Nissen
Department of Microbiology, Tumor and Cell Biology, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
J Clin Invest 117:2766-77. 2007..Here we show that 2 angiogenic factors frequently upregulated in tumors, PDGF-BB and FGF2, synergistically promote tumor angiogenesis and pulmonary metastasis...
- Mutation of the HEXIM1 gene results in defects during heart and vascular development partly through downregulation of vascular endothelial growth factorMonica M Montano
Department of Pharmacology, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, H G Wood Bldg W307, 2109 Adelbert Rd, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Circ Res 102:415-22. 2008..The basis for this role of HEXIM1 is that VEGF is a direct transcriptional target of HEXIM1, and involves attenuation a repressive effects of C/EBPalpha on VEGF gene transcription...
- Basic fibroblast growth factor-induced neuronal differentiation of mouse bone marrow stromal cells requires FGFR-1, MAPK/ERK, and transcription factor AP-1Haijie Yang
Research Laboratories, National Neuroscience Institute, Singapore 308433
J Biol Chem 283:5287-95. 2008..However, the underlying mechanisms remain largely unknown. In this report, we have demonstrated that basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) alone effectively induces mouse BMSC neuronal differentiation...
- Homocysteine inhibits proliferation of neuronal precursors in the mouse adult brain by impairing the basic fibroblast growth factor signaling cascade and reducing extracellular regulated kinase 1/2-dependent cyclin E expressionLuis G Rabaneda
Area de Fisiologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Cadiz, Cadiz, Spain
FASEB J 22:3823-35. 2008..We show that Hcy exerts an antiproliferative effect on basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) -stimulated NPCs isolated from the postnatal subventricular zone (SVZ), accompanied by ..
- Fibroblast growth factor 2 regulates dopaminergic neuron development in vivoAndreas Ratzka
Institute of Neuroanatomy, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
J Neurochem 122:94-105. 2012b>Fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF-2) is a neurotrophic factor participating in regulation of proliferation, differentiation, apoptosis and neuroprotection in the central nervous system...
- Differential regulation of CXCL5 by FGF2 in osteoblastic and endothelial niche cells supports hematopoietic stem cell migrationKyung Ae Yoon
Department of Oral Pathology, School of Dentistry, IHBR, Kyungpook National University, Daegu, Korea
Stem Cells Dev 21:3391-402. 2012..The systemic administration of FGF2 failed to induce normal hematopoiesis in bone marrow (BM) by reducing SDF-1, an important factor for hematopoiesis...
- Atorvastatin-induced increase in progenitor cell levels is rather caused by enhanced receptor activator of NF-kappaB ligand (RANKL) cell proliferation than by bone marrow mobilizationMartin Steinmetz
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik II, Universitatsklinikum Bonn, Germany
J Mol Cell Cardiol 57:32-42. 2013..Osteoclast/osteoblast interaction has been associated with progenitor cell mobilization. Here, we investigated the role of statins on progenitor cell mobilization with a focus on bone metabolism...
- Cardiac development and physiology are modulated by FGF2 in an isoform- and sex-specific mannerEyad Nusayr
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, College of Medicine, The University of Arizona, Tucson AZ
Physiol Rep 1:. 2013The low molecular weight isoform (Lo) of fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) has distinct functions from the high molecular weight isoforms (Hi) of FGF2 in the adult stressed heart...
- Fibroblast growth factor-based signaling through synthetic heparan sulfate blocks copolymers studied using high cell density three-dimensional cell printingEric Sterner
From the Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering
J Biol Chem 289:9754-65. 2014..These data were used to examine the two proposed signaling models, the symmetric FGF2-HS2-FGFR2 ternary complex model and the asymmetric FGF2-HS1-FGFR2 ternary complex model...
- Binding of FGF2 to FGFR2 in an autocrine mode in trophectoderm cells is indispensable for mouse blastocyst formation through PKC-p38 pathwayJing Yang
a Department of Reproductive Endocrinology Women s Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
Cell Cycle 14:3318-30. 2015Fibroblast growth factors (FGF1, FGF2 and FGF4) and fibroblast growth factor receptors (FGFR1, FGFR2, FGFR3 and FGFR4) have been reported to be expressed in preimplantation embryos and be required for their development...
- BCL11B regulates sutural patency in the mouse craniofacial skeletonKateryna Kyrylkova
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, USA
Dev Biol 415:251-60. 2016....
- The neurobeachin gene (Nbea) identifies a new region of homology between mouse central chromosome 3 and human chromosome 13q13D J Gilbert
Mammalian Genetics Laboratory, ABL Basic Research Program, NCI Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Frederick, Maryland 21702, USA
Mamm Genome 10:1030-1. 1999
- The presence of FGF2 signaling determines whether beta-catenin exerts effects on proliferation or neuronal differentiation of neural stem cellsNipan Israsena
Department of Neurology, Northwestern University s Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611 3008, USA
Dev Biol 268:220-31. 2004Neural stem cells proliferate and maintain multipotency when cultured in the presence of FGF2, but subsequent lineage commitment by the cells is nevertheless influenced by the exposure to FGF2...
- The fibroblast growth factor binding protein is a novel interaction partner of FGF-7, FGF-10 and FGF-22 and regulates FGF activity: implications for epithelial repairHans Dietmar Beer
Department of Biology, Institute of Cell Biology, ETH Zurich, Honggerberg, CH 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Oncogene 24:5269-77. 2005....
- Upregulation of Flk-1 by bFGF via the ERK pathway is essential for VEGF-mediated promotion of neural stem cell proliferationZhifeng Xiao
Peking University Stem Cell Research Center and Cell Biology Department, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing, China
Cell Res 17:73-9. 2007..Since both vascular and glial cells secrete vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF), we assessed the effect of VEGF and bFGF on NSC proliferation using nearly homogeneous NSCs ..
- Chemical control of FGF-2 release for promoting calvarial healing with adipose stem cellsMatthew D Kwan
Hagey Laboratory for Pediatric Regenerative Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Biol Chem 286:11307-13. 2011..We placed fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF-2) under conditional control of a small molecule and demonstrated greater than 50-fold regulation ..
- Protective effects of basic fibroblast growth factor in the development of emphysema induced by interferon-γByung Jae Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Exp Mol Med 43:169-78. 2011..Transgenic studies have demonstrated that high levels of IFN-γ in the airways induce emphysema. Fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2), which is the downstream mediator of TGF-β, is important in wound healing...
- A growth-promoting signaling component cyclin D1 in neural stem cells has antiastrogliogenic function to execute self-renewalNorihisa Bizen
Department of Stem Cell Regulation, Medical Research Institute, Tokyo Medical and Dental University TMDU, Tokyo, Japan
Stem Cells 32:1602-15. 2014..We have proposed a model previously explaining partly this linkage, in which fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) and Wnt signals cooperate to promote NSC self-renewal via β-catenin accumulation, which leads to ..
- FGF-2 signal promotes proliferation of cerebellar progenitor cells and their oligodendrocytic differentiation at early postnatal stageMasae Naruse
Department of Molecular and Cellular Neurobiology, Gunma University Graduate School of Medicine, Maebashi 371 8511, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 463:1091-6. 2015..These results suggest that CD44-positive cells might be a source of cerebellar oligodendrocytes and that FGF-2 plays important roles in their development at an early postnatal stage. ..
- Tissue restricted expression and chromosomal localization of the YB-1 gene encoding a 42 kD nuclear CCAAT binding proteinD D Spitkovsky
Angewandte Tumorvirologie, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Heidelberg, FRG
Nucleic Acids Res 20:797-803. 1992..Finally, we have identified four YB-1 related loci in the mouse genome and have mapped these loci to four different mouse chromosomes by interspecific backcross analysis...
- Fibroblast growth factor-2 is an important factor that maintains cellular immaturity and contributes to aggressiveness of osteosarcomaTakatsune Shimizu
Division of Gene Regulation, Institute for Advanced Medical Research, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Mol Cancer Res 10:454-68. 2012..osteosarcoma model was used to clarify the roles of environmental factors such as fibroblast growth factor-2 (Fgf2) or leukemia-inhibitory factor (Lif) in the maintenance of osteosarcoma cells in an immature state...
- Renal collecting system growth and function depend upon embryonic γ1 laminin expressionDong Hua Yang
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Development 138:4535-44. 2011..mRNA levels for fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) and mediators of the GDNF/RET and WNT11 signaling pathway were also decreased...
- ERK acts in parallel to PKCδ to mediate the connexin43-dependent potentiation of Runx2 activity by FGF2 in MC3T3 osteoblastsCorinne Niger
Department of Orthopaedics, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 302:C1035-44. 2012..Previously, we have shown that Cx43 can enhance the signaling and transcriptional response to fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) in osteoblasts by increasing protein kinase C-δ (PKCδ) activation to affect Runx2 activity...
- Low molecular weight fibroblast growth factor-2 signals via protein kinase C and myofibrillar proteins to protect against postischemic cardiac dysfunctionJanet R Manning
Department of Pharmacology and Cell Biophysics, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 304:H1382-96. 2013Among its many biological roles, fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2) acutely protects the heart from dysfunction associated with ischemia/reperfusion (I/R) injury...
- Temporal and quantitative analysis of myogenic regulatory and growth factor gene expression in the developing mouse embryoK Hannon
Department of Biotechnology Research, Lilly Research Laboratories, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285
Dev Biol 151:137-44. 1992..5 dpc, while bFGF was not detected until 10.5 dpc...
- Basic fibroblast growth factor in retinal development: differential levels of bFGF expression and content in normal and retinal degeneration (rd) mutant miceH Gao
Cullen Eye Institute, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Dev Biol 169:168-84. 1995..5, and 22 kDa of bFGF protein isolated from the adult retina. A bioassay indicates that this putative basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) stimulates proliferation of BALB/c 3T3 fibroblasts in a dose-dependent manner identical to an ..
- Induction of keratinocyte growth factor expression is reduced and delayed during wound healing in the genetically diabetic mouseS Werner
Max Planck Institut fur Biochemie, Martinsried, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 103:469-73. 1994....
- Inner ear basic fibroblast growth factor in CBA/J, C3H/HeJ, and autoimmune Palmerston north miceA D Pedersen
Oregon Hearing Research Center, Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland 97201 2997
Hear Res 66:253-9. 1993b>Basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) has a mitogenic effect on fibroblasts and osteoblasts for matrix proliferation and on endothelial cells for neovascularization...
- Basic FGF as an inducer of anteroposterior neural patternT Doniach
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Physiology, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0724, USA
Cell 83:1067-70. 1995
- Expression of a binding protein for FGF is associated with epithelial development and skin carcinogenesisA Kurtz
Vincent T Lombardi Cancer Center and Department of Pharmacology, Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Oncogene 14:2671-81. 1997..Finally, mouse FGF-BP binds to FGF-2 and can function as a modulator of FGF in FGF-responsive cells. Our results suggest a potential function of FGF-BP during development and tumorigenesis...
- Basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF-2) in mouse tooth morphogenesisL G Russo
Department of Structure, Function and Biotechnology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Naples Federico II, Italy
Growth Factors 15:125-33. 1998This study describes the spatio-temporal expression of basic Fibroblast growth factor (FGF-2) during odontogenesis of mouse as revealed by immunohistology...
- Impairment of neocortical long-term potentiation in mice deficient of endothelial nitric oxide synthaseS Haul
Institute of Neurophysiology, University of Dusseldorf, D 40001 Dusseldorf, Germany
J Neurophysiol 81:494-7. 1999..No LTP could be induced in knockout mice lacking the endothelial NOS (eNOS) isoform. These data suggest that eNOS is involved in an NMDA receptor-independent form of LTP in the rodent cerebral cortex...
- Neurotrophic signaling in normal and degenerating rodent retinasK J Wahlin
Department of Ophthalmology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287 9277, USA
Exp Eye Res 73:693-701. 2001..These data add to the mounting evidence suggesting that neurotrophic factors act indirectly through Müller cells to promote photoreceptor survival...
- Absence of fibroblast growth factor 2 does not prevent tumor formation originating from the RPEAlessandro Foletti
ISREC Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research, Chemin des Boveresses 155, CH 1066 Epalinges, Switzerland
Oncogene 21:1841-7. 2002We have analysed the importance of fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) in tumor development...
- Dose-dependent response of FGF-2 for lymphangiogenesisLynn K Chang
Vascular Biology Program, Department of Surgery, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:11658-63. 2004..We revisited this concept by using fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF-2) (80 ng) to stimulate the growth of both vessel types in the mouse cornea...
- HSF4 is required for normal cell growth and differentiation during mouse lens developmentMitsuaki Fujimoto
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, Minami Kogushi 1 1 1, Ube 755 8505, Japan
EMBO J 23:4297-306. 2004....
- Alterations in seizure susceptibility and in seizure-induced plasticity after pharmacologic and genetic manipulation of the fibroblast growth factor-2 systemSilvia Zucchini
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Section of Pharmacology, and Neuroscience Center, University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
Epilepsia 46:52-8. 2005..The aim of this minireview is to summarize and discuss the data supporting the idea that FGF-2 may be involved in seizure generation and in their sequelae...
- Regulation of neuronal death and calcitonin gene-related peptide by fibroblast growth factor-2 and FGFR3 after peripheral nerve injury: evidence from mouse mutantsJ Jungnickel
Hannover Medical School, Department of Neuroanatomy, Germany
Neuroscience 134:1343-50. 2005The presence and regulation of basic fibroblast growth factor and its high-affinity tyrosine kinase receptor FGFR3 in sensory neurons during development and after peripheral nerve injury suggest a physiological role of the fibroblast ..
- Adipose tissue engineering based on the controlled release of fibroblast growth factor-2 in a collagen matrixAditya V Vashi
Bernard O Brien Institute of Microsurgery, St Vincent s Hospital, Fitzroy, Victoria, Australia
Tissue Eng 12:3035-43. 2006..In conclusion, this study has shown that de novo formation of adipose tissue can be achieved through controlled release of FGF-2 in collagen type I in the absence of Matrigel...
- Fibroblast growth factor-2 in hyperplastic pituitaries of D2R knockout female miceCarolina Cristina
Instituto de Biologia y Medicina Experimental, CONICET, V Obligado 2490, 1428, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 293:E1341-51. 2007..Our objective was to study the expression of the mitogen fibroblast growth factor (FGF2) and its receptor, FGFR1, comparatively in pituitaries from KO and wild-type (WT) female mice...
- Myocardial induction of nucleostemin in response to postnatal growth and pathological challengeSailay Siddiqi
San Diego State University Heart Institute and Department of Biology, San Diego State University, CA 92182, USA
Circ Res 103:89-97. 2008....
- Neuron-microglia crosstalk up-regulates neuronal FGF-2 expression which mediates neuroprotection against excitotoxicity via JNK1/2Catarina Figueiredo
Centro Biologia Desenvolvimento, Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciencia, Oeiras, Portugal
J Neurochem 107:73-85. 2008..We suggest that FGF-2 plays a pivotal role in neuroprotection against QA as an outcome of neuron-microglia interaction...
- Expandable endodermal progenitors: new tools to explore endoderm and its derivativesHenrik Semb
Stem Cell Center, Lund University, BMC B10, S 221 84 Lund, Sweden
Cell Stem Cell 3:355-6. 2008..2008) used a reporter gene strategy to isolate replicating anterior definitive endoderm from mESCs...
- The University of Connecticut BRIDGES NetworkMarja Hurley; Fiscal Year: 2006..An evaluation format has been designed to monitor the success of the program. Computerized records of student status and progress will be logged into NIH ESTAR and used for tracking outcomes. ..
- REMYELINATION AND AXON INTEGRITY IN CHRONIC DEMYELINATIONRegina C Armstrong; Fiscal Year: 2010..Importantly, our preliminary data in FGF2-I- mice demonstrates that it is possible to overcome chronic lesion effects on endogenous oligodendrocyte lineage ..
- BASIC FIBROBLAST GROWTH FACTOR EXPRESSION IN BONE CELLSMarja Hurley; Fiscal Year: 2003b>Basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF-2), a potent mitogen for osteoblasts and marrow stromal cells, is synthesized by bone cells...