Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Fgf13
Description: fibroblast growth factor 13
Alias: Fhf2, fibroblast growth factor 13, fibroblast growth factor homologous factor 2
- Polarized localization of voltage-gated Na+ channels is regulated by concerted FGF13 and FGF14 actionJuan Lorenzo Pablo
Department of Neurobiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710 Ion Channel Research Unit, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 113:E2665-74. 2016..Here, using knockdown strategies, we show that noncanonical FGF13 binds directly to VGSCs in hippocampal neurons to limit their somatodendritic surface expression, although ..
- Expression of FGFs during early mouse tongue developmentWen Du
State Key Laboratory of Oral Diseases, West China Hospital of Stomatology, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan, 610041, China Department of Orofacial Sciences and Program in Craniofacial Biology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Gene Expr Patterns 20:81-7. 2016..5 and E14.5. During this period, Fgf5, Fgf6, Fgf7, Fgf9, Fgf10, Fgf13, Fgf15, Fgf16 and Fgf18 could all be detected with various intensities in the mesenchyme, whereas Fgf1 and Fgf2 ..
- FGF13 regulates proliferation and differentiation of skeletal muscle by down-regulating Spry1Hongzhao Lu
Laboratory of Animal Fat Deposition and Muscle Development, College of Animal Science and Technology, Northwest A and F University, Yangling, Shaanxi, 712100, China
Cell Prolif 48:550-60. 2015..Intracellular FGFs (FGF11-14) are expressed principally in the nervous system. FGF13 is a microtubule-stabilizing protein that regulates neuronal polarization and migration...
- Disruption of Fgf13 causes synaptic excitatory-inhibitory imbalance and genetic epilepsy and febrile seizures plusRam S Puranam
Department of Neurobiology, Department of Neurology
J Neurosci 35:8866-81. 2015..on the X chromosome disrupted a gene that encodes an auxiliary protein of voltage-gated Na(+) channels, fibroblast growth factor 13 (Fgf13)...
- Fibroblast growth factor homologous factors modulate cardiac calcium channelsJessica A Hennessey
Department of Medicine Cardiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Circ Res 113:381-8. 2013..Fibroblast growth factor (FGF) homologous factors (FHFs; FGF11-14) are intracellular modulators of voltage-gated Na+ channels, but their cellular distribution in cardiomyocytes indicated that they performed other functions...
- Long-term inactivation particle for voltage-gated sodium channelsKatarzyna Dover
Department of Physiology, University of Pavia and Brain Connectivity Center, IRCCS C Mondino, Via Mondino 2, I 27100 Pavia, Italy
J Physiol 588:3695-711. 2010..We discuss potential structural mechanisms of long-term inactivation and potential roles of A-type FHFs in the modulation of action potential generation and conduction...
- Position effect on FGF13 associated with X-linked congenital generalized hypertrichosisGina M Destefano
Departments of Genetics and Development, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:7790-5. 2013..Among the genes surrounding the insertion, we found that Fibroblast Growth Factor 13 (FGF13) mRNA levels were significantly reduced in affected individuals, and immunofluorescence staining ..
- Fibroblast growth factor 13 is a microtubule-stabilizing protein regulating neuronal polarization and migrationQing feng Wu
Institute of Neuroscience and State Key Laboratory of Neuroscience, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, China
Cell 149:1549-64. 2012..b>FGF13, a nonsecretory protein of the FGF family, is expressed in cerebral cortical neurons during development and is a ..
- Ret isoform function and marker gene expression in the enteric nervous system is conserved across diverse vertebrate speciesTiffany A Heanue
Division of Molecular Neurobiology, MRC National Institute for Medical Research, The Ridgeway, Mill Hill, London NW7 1AA, UK
Mech Dev 125:687-99. 2008....
- Fibroblast growth factor homologous factor 13 regulates Na+ channels and conduction velocity in murine heartsChuan Wang
Departments of Medicine Cardiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Circ Res 109:775-82. 2011..Although certain FHFs have been found in embryonic heart, they have not been reported in adult heart, and they have not been shown to regulate endogenous cardiac Na(+) channels or to participate in cardiac pathophysiology...
- Brn3a and Islet1 act epistatically to regulate the gene expression program of sensory differentiationIain M Dykes
Institute of Child Health, University College London, London WC1N 1EH, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 31:9789-99. 2011....
- Fibroblast growth factor (FGF) homologous factors: new members of the FGF family implicated in nervous system developmentP M Smallwood
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:9850-7. 1996..Each FHF is expressed in the developing and adult nervous systems, suggesting a role for this branch of the FGF family in nervous system development and function...
- Bulge- and basal layer-specific expression of fibroblast growth factor-13 (FHF-2) in mouse skinMitsuko Kawano
Age Dimension Research Center, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology AIST, Higashi, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
J Invest Dermatol 122:1084-90. 2004..These findings suggest that FGF-13 may play a role in regulating the function of cells in the bulge region and basal layer of the epidermis...
- Expression of mouse fibroblast growth factor and fibroblast growth factor receptor genes during early inner ear developmentTracy J Wright
Department of Human Genetics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112 5330, USA
Dev Dyn 228:267-72. 2003..Fgf16 was expressed in the posterior otic cup and vesicle, suggesting roles in otic cell fate decisions and/or axis formation...
- Gene expression profiles of mouse submandibular gland development: FGFR1 regulates branching morphogenesis in vitro through BMP- and FGF-dependent mechanismsMatthew P Hoffman
Craniofacial Developmental Biology and Regeneration Branch, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, 30 Convent Drive, MSC 4370, Bethesda, MD 20892 4370, USA
Development 129:5767-78. 2002..Taken together, our results suggest specific FGFs and BMPs play reciprocal roles in regulating branching morphogenesis and FGFR1 signaling plays a central role by regulating both FGF and BMP expression...
- Expression patterns of fibroblast growth factors-18 and -20 in mouse embryos is suggestive of novel roles in calvarial and limb developmentMohammad K Hajihosseini
School of Biosciences, The University of Birmingham, B15 2TT, UK
Mech Dev 113:79-83. 2002....
- Genetic analysis of testis weight and fertility in an interspecies hybrid congenic strain for Chromosome XR W Elliott
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, New York State Department of Health, Buffalo 14263, USA
Mamm Genome 12:45-51. 2001..8 map units for Ihtw1. This region of the genetic map is orthologous to the region on human Chr X containing the gene for the Borjeson-Forssman-Lehman syndrome, an inherited disease in which males show microorchidism...
- Expression of members of the Fgf family and their receptors during midfacial developmentM Bachler
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology, Dr Bohr Gasse 7, A 1030, Vienna, Austria
Mech Dev 100:313-6. 2001..5. In contrast to the restricted expression patterns of the ligands, FgfR1 and FgfR2 were broadly expressed in facial mesenchyme and ectoderm, respectively, indicating a wide competence of midfacial tissue to respond to FGF signaling...
- Isoform diversity among fibroblast growth factor homologous factors is generated by alternative promoter usage and differential splicingI Munoz-Sanjuan
Department of Molecular Biology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Biol Chem 275:2589-97. 2000....
- Murine FGF-12 and FGF-13: expression in embryonic nervous system, connective tissue and heartH Hartung
Brookdale Center for Molecular Biology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Mech Dev 64:31-9. 1997..Fgf12 and fgf13. RNAs were detected in developing central nervous system in cells outside the proliferating ependymal layer, and ..
- Effects of thioredoxin reductase-1 deletion on embryogenesis and transcriptomeAlla A Bondareva
VMB, Molecular Biosciences, 960 Technology Blvd, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT 59718, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 43:911-23. 2007..Conserved responses to Txnrd1 disruption likely allowed proliferation and limited differentiation of the mutant embryo cells...
- LOCI AFFECTING HYBRID STERILITY IN MICERosemary Elliott; Fiscal Year: 2003..The current best candidates are Fgf13, Hspa9b, Pdcd8 and Sox3. A series of tests are designed to identify the gene encoded by Ihtw1...
- Loci Affecting Colon Cancer SusceptibilityRosemary Elliott; Fiscal Year: 2008..In the third aim we will address the question of what genetic changes occur in the tumors themselves, and whether there is specificity such that tumors arising from any one of the congenic strains show a consistent profile of changes. ..