Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: F7
Description: coagulation factor VII
Alias: AI132620, Cf7, FVII, coagulation factor VII, serum prothrombin conversion accelerator
- Factor VIIa binding to endothelial cell protein C receptor: differences between mouse and human systemsProsenjit Sen
Center for Biomedical Research, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler, Tyler, Texas 75708, USA
Thromb Haemost 107:951-61. 2012..Measurement of endogenous plasma levels of FVII in wild-type, EPCR-deficient and EPCR-over expressing mice showed slightly lower levels of FVII in EPCR-over ..
- Bio-distribution of pharmacologically administered recombinant factor VIIa (rFVIIa)R Gopalakrishnan
Center for Biomedical Research, The University of Texas Health Science Center, Tyler, TX 75703, USA
J Thromb Haemost 8:301-10. 2010..Given the short biological half-life of rFVIIa, it is unclear how rFVIIa could be effective in prophylactic treatment...
- Plasma elimination kinetics for factor VII are independent of its activation to factor VIIa and complex formation with plasma inhibitorsLars C Petersen
Haemostasis Biology, Health Care Discovery, Novo Nordisk, Maalov, Denmark
Thromb Haemost 101:818-26. 2009The mechanism for the elimination of factor VII (FVII) from the circulation is unknown, just as it is unclear how activation of FVII to FVIIa and subsequent complex formation with antithrombin III (AT) or alpha2-macroglobulin (alpha2M) ..
- A CpG mutational hotspot in a ONECUT binding site accounts for the prevalent variant of hemophilia B LeydenAlister P W Funnell
School of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences, University of New South Wales, Kensington, NSW 2052, Australia
Am J Hum Genet 92:460-7. 2013..Taken together, our findings establish ONECUT transcription factors as the missing hemophilia B Leyden regulators that operate through the -5/-6 site...
- Endothelial cell protein C receptor-mediated redistribution and tissue-level accumulation of factor VIIaC A Clark
Department of Cellular and Molecular Biology, Center for Biomedical Research, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler, Tyler, TX, USA Department of Medicine, Malmo University Hospital, University of Lund, Malmo, Sweden Cardiovascular Biology Research Program, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Oklahoma City, OK, USA
J Thromb Haemost 10:2383-91. 2012..Recent studies show that activated factor VII (FVIIa) binds to the endothelial cell protein C receptor (EPCR) on the vascular endothelium; however, the importance of this interaction in hemostasis or pathophysiology is unknown...
- AAV-mediated gene transfer in the perinatal period results in expression of FVII at levels that protect against fatal spontaneous hemorrhageChristopher Binny
University College London Cancer Institute, London, UK
Blood 119:957-66. 2012..viral vector (AAV)-mediated gene transfer in the perinatal period in animal models of severe congenital factor VII (FVII) deficiency, a disease associated with early postnatal life-threatening hemorrhage...
- Neutrophil activation by the tissue factor/Factor VIIa/PAR2 axis mediates fetal death in a mouse model of antiphospholipid syndromePatricia Redecha
Hospital for Special Surgery, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York, USA
J Clin Invest 118:3453-61. 2008..Our results suggest that TF/FVIIa/PAR2 signaling mediates neutrophil activation and fetal death in APS and that statins may be a good treatment for women with aPL-induced pregnancy complications...
- Catalytic domain modification and viral gene delivery of activated factor VII confers hemostasis at reduced expression levels and vector doses in vivoParis Margaritis
Division of Hematology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, USA corrected
Blood 117:3974-82. 2011..To explore this in a hemophilic mouse model, we characterized 2 variants of murine activated FVII (mFVIIa-VEAY and mFVIIa-DVQ) with modified catalytic domains, based on recombinant human FVIIa (rhFVIIa) variants...
- Activation peptides prolong the murine plasma half-life of human factor VIILinda Johansson
Haemostasis Biochemistry, Novo Nordisk A S, Måløv, Denmark
Blood 117:3445-52. 2011Coagulation factors VII (FVII), IX (FIX), X (FX), and protein C share the same domain organization but display very different plasma half-lives...
- Targeting tissue factor on tumour cells and angiogenic vascular endothelial cells by factor VII-targeted verteporfin photodynamic therapy for breast cancer in vitro and in vivo in miceZhiwei Hu
Department of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
BMC Cancer 10:235. 2010The objective of this study was to develop a ligand-targeted photodynamic therapy (tPDT) by conjugating factor VII (fVII) protein with photosensitiser verteporfin in order to overcome the poor selectivity and enhance the effect of non-..
- Factor VII deficiency impairs cutaneous wound healing in miceZhi Xu
WM Keck Center for Transgene Research and Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana 46556, United States of America
Mol Med 16:167-76. 2010..We reported the use of a dermal punch model to demonstrate that low-expressing FVII mice (approximately 1% of wild type [WT]) exhibited impaired skin wound healing compared with WT controls...
- A severe deficiency of coagulation factor VIIa results in attenuation of the asthmatic response in miceKazuhiko Shinagawa
University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN 46556, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 296:L763-70. 2009..after ovalbumin (OVA) challenge, a response that was diminished in comparably challenged low-expressing coagulation factor VII (FVII(tTA/tTA)) mice...
- Severe deficiency of coagulation Factor VII results in spontaneous cardiac fibrosis in miceH Xu
W M Keck Center for Transgene Research and the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN 46556, USA
J Pathol 217:362-71. 2009Mice genetically modified to produce low levels (approximately 1% of wild-type) of coagulation FVII presented with echocardiographic evidence of heart abnormalities...
- Characterization of a cDNA encoding murine coagulation factor VIIE Idusogie
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Notre Dame, Indiana 46556, USA
Thromb Haemost 75:481-7. 1996The cDNA encoding murine coagulation factor VII (mfVII) was isolated and reconstructed from a lambda Zap cDNA library generated from murine liver mRNA...
- Long-term expression of murine activated factor VII is safe, but elevated levels cause premature mortalityMajed N Aljamali
Division of Hematology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Clin Invest 118:1825-34. 2008....
- A coagulation factor VII deficiency protects against acute inflammatory responses in miceH Xu
WM Keck Center for Transgene Research, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN 46556, USA
J Pathol 210:488-96. 2006..Thus, the potential protective effects in vivo of a genetic-based reduction in FVII levels have been investigated in a murine model of acute inflammation, namely lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced ..
- Searching for hemostatic modifier genes affecting the phenotype of mice with very low levels of FVIIElliot D Rosen
Medical and Molecular Genetics, Indiana University School of Medicine, 975 W Walnut Street, IB130, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Blood Cells Mol Dis 36:131-4. 2006b>FVII(tTA/-) mice are heterozygous for the FVII- null allele and a gene-targeted allele expressing very low levels of FVII...
- Generation of genetically-altered mice producing very low levels of coagulation factorVIIElliot D Rosen
W M Keck Center forTransgene Research, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana 46202, USA
Thromb Haemost 94:493-7. 2005It has been shown earlier that mice with a total targeted deletion of the factorVII gene (FVII(-/-)) die perinatally, thereby precluding study of adult animals with this total deficiency...
- Daily and circadian rhythms of tissue factor pathway inhibitor and factor VII activityMirko Pinotti
Deparment of di Biochimica e Biologia Molecolare, Universita di Ferrara, Via L Borsari 46, 44100 Ferrara, Italia
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 25:646-9. 2005Diurnal variations in levels of factor VII (FVII), FVIII, proteins C and S, antithrombin, plasminogen activator inhibitor-1, prothrombin fragment F1+2, and D-dimers in healthy humans point to the existence of circadian rhythms of ..
- Gene targeting of tissue factor, factor X, and factor VII in mice: their involvement in embryonic developmentM Aasrum
Biotechnology Center of Oslo, P O B 1125 Blindern, N 0317 Oslo, Norway
Biochemistry (Mosc) 67:25-32. 2002..factor (TF) is the main initiator of the coagulation system and functions as a cell surface receptor for coagulation factor VII (FVII). Knockout studies have shown that TF deficiency results in lethality around embryonic day (E) 8...
- Gene targeting in hemostasis. Factor VIIJ C Chan
W M Keck Center for Transgene Research and the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, USA
Front Biosci 6:D98-D104. 2001Factor VII (FVII), in concert with its natural cofactor and receptor, Tissue Factor (TF), initiates the process of blood coagulation following vascular injury...
- Combined factor VII/protein C deficiency results in intrauterine coagulopathy in miceJ C Chan
W M Keck Center for Transgene Research and the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana 46556, USA
J Clin Invest 105:897-903. 2000To determine whether an additional loss of the coagulation factor VII (FVII) gene influenced the coagulopathy observed in protein C gene-deficient (PC(-/-)) embryos and neonates, we crossed mice doubly heterozygous for the factor VII (..
- Factor VII deficiency rescues the intrauterine lethality in mice associated with a tissue factor pathway inhibitor deficitJ C Chan
Center for Transgene Technology and Gene Therapy, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Clin Invest 103:475-82. 1999..allele (tfpi delta) lacking its Kunitz-type domain-1 (TFPI+/delta) and for a deficiency of the factor VII gene (FVII+/-) were mated to generate 309 postnatal and 205 embryonic day 17.5 (E17...
- Chromosomal arrangement of the murine coagulation factor VII and factor X genesZ Liang
Thromb Haemost 80:524-5. 1998
- Characterization of transcriptional regulatory elements in the promoter region of the murine blood coagulation factor VII geneD R Stauffer
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Notre Dame, Indiana 46556, USA
J Biol Chem 273:2277-87. 1998To identify the 5' sequences of the murine coagulation factor VII (fVII) gene that resulted in its efficient transcription, a variety of 5'-flanking sequences up to 7 kilobase pairs upstream of the translation ATG initiation codon were ..
- Mice lacking factor VII develop normally but suffer fatal perinatal bleedingE D Rosen
Center for Transgene Technology and Gene Therapy, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, Leuven, Belgium
Nature 390:290-4. 1997Blood coagulation in vivo is initiated by factor VII (FVII) binding to its cellular receptor tissue factor (TF)...
- Nucleotide structure and characterization of the murine blood coagulation factor VII geneE Idusogie
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Notre Dame, IN 46556, USA
Thromb Haemost 76:957-64. 1996The gene encoding murine coagulation factor VII (fVII) has been cloned. Seven introns and eight exons are present, with the introns positioned as splice junctions between the major domain units of the protein...
- COAGULATION INITIATION IN FACTOR VII DEFICIENT MICEELLIOT ROSEN; Fiscal Year: 2003..of this research is to determine the in vivo role of coagulation factors, specifically that of Factor VII (FVII). FVII is generally accepted to play a key role in the initiation of coagulation following vascular injury...