Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ezh2
Description: enhancer of zeste 2 polycomb repressive complex 2 subunit
Alias: Enx-1, Enx1h, KMT6, mKIAA4065, histone-lysine N-methyltransferase EZH2, enhancer of zeste homolog 2
Publications104 found, 100 shown here
- Isolation and developmental expression analysis of Enx-1, a novel mouse Polycomb group geneO Hobert
Department of Molecular Biology, Max Planck Institut fur Biochemie, Am Klopferspitz, Martinsried, Germany
Mech Dev 55:171-84. 1996..In adult stages we also find Enx-1 expression to be restricted to specific tissues, including spleen, testis and placenta...
- Ezh1 and Ezh2 maintain repressive chromatin through different mechanismsRaphael Margueron
Department of Biochemistry, New York University Medical School, 522 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016, USA
Mol Cell 32:503-18. 2008..We report that the mammalian homologs Ezh1 and Ezh2 form similar PRC2 complexes but exhibit contrasting repressive roles...
- Downregulation of EZH2 decreases growth of estrogen receptor-negative invasive breast carcinoma and requires BRCA1M E Gonzalez
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Oncogene 28:843-53. 2009Increased levels of enhancer of zeste homolog 2 (EZH2), a critical regulator of cellular memory, are associated with negative estrogen receptor (ER) expression and disease progression in breast cancer...
- A novel zinc finger protein Zfp277 mediates transcriptional repression of the Ink4a/arf locus through polycomb repressive complex 1Masamitsu Negishi
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Chiba, Japan
PLoS ONE 5:e12373. 2010..However, how PcG complexes target and contribute to stable gene silencing of the Ink4a/Arf locus remains little understood...
- Developmentally regulated alterations in Polycomb repressive complex 1 proteins on the inactive X chromosomeKathrin Plath
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
J Cell Biol 167:1025-35. 2004..Our results implicate mPRC1 in X inactivation and suggest that the regulated assembly of PcG protein complexes on the Xi contributes to this multistep process...
- Mammalian homologues of the Polycomb-group gene Enhancer of zeste mediate gene silencing in Drosophila heterochromatin and at S. cerevisiae telomeresG Laible
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology IMP, Vienna, Austria
EMBO J 16:3219-32. 1997..We describe the isolation of human (EZH2) and mouse (Ezh1) homologues of the Drosophila Polycomb-group (Pc-G) gene Enhancer of zeste [E(z)], a crucial ..
- The polycomb-group gene Ezh2 is required for early mouse developmentD O'Carroll
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology IMP, A 1030 Vienna, Austria
Mol Cell Biol 21:4330-6. 2001..Although E(Z)-related proteins have not (yet) been directly associated with HMTase activity, mammalian Ezh2 is a member of a histone deacetylase complex...
- Mitotically stable association of polycomb group proteins eed and enx1 with the inactive x chromosome in trophoblast stem cellsWinifred Mak
X Inactivation Group, MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, ICSM, Hammersmith Hospital, London W12 0NN, United Kingdom
Curr Biol 12:1016-20. 2002..The association of Eed/Enx1 complexes is mitotically stable, suggesting a mechanism for the maintenance of imprinted X inactivation in these cells...
- Ezh2 controls B cell development through histone H3 methylation and Igh rearrangementI Hsin Su
Laboratory of Lymphocyte Signaling, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Nat Immunol 4:124-31. 2003Polycomb group protein Ezh2 is an essential epigenetic regulator of embryonic development in mice, but its role in the adult organism is unknown...
- Consequences of the depletion of zygotic and embryonic enhancer of zeste 2 during preimplantation mouse developmentSylvia Erhardt
Wellcome Trust Cancer Research UK Institute, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 1QR, UK
Development 130:4235-48. 2003Enhancer of zeste 2 (Ezh2), a SET domain-containing protein, is crucial for development in many model organisms, including early mouse development...
- Ezh2 reduces the ability of HDAC1-dependent pRb2/p130 transcriptional repression of cyclin ATiziana Tonini
Sbarro Institute for Cancer Research and Molecular Medicine, Center for Biotechnology, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA 19122, USA
Oncogene 23:4930-7. 2004..b>Enhancer of zeste homolog 2 (Ezh2), a member of this large protein family, has also been shown to be deregulated in different tumor ..
- Suz12 is essential for mouse development and for EZH2 histone methyltransferase activityDiego Pasini
European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
EMBO J 23:4061-71. 2004SUZ12 is a recently identified Polycomb group (PcG) protein, which together with EZH2 and EED forms different Polycomb repressive complexes (PRC2/3)...
- The Polycomb Ezh2 methyltransferase regulates muscle gene expression and skeletal muscle differentiationGiuseppina Caretti
Muscle Gene Expression Group, Laboratory of Muscle Biology, NIAMS, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Genes Dev 18:2627-38. 2004The Ezh2 protein endows the Polycomb PRC2 and PRC3 complexes with histone lysine methyltransferase (HKMT) activity that is associated with transcriptional repression...
- Polycomb group protein ezh2 controls actin polymerization and cell signalingI Hsin Su
Laboratory of Lymphocyte Signaling, The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Cell 121:425-36. 2005Polycomb group protein Ezh2, one of the key regulators of development in organisms from flies to mice, exerts its epigenetic function through regulation of histone methylation...
- Regulation of interleukin 7-dependent immunoglobulin heavy-chain variable gene rearrangements by transcription factor STAT5Eric Bertolino
Department of Molecular Genetics and Cell Biology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Nat Immunol 6:836-43. 2005..Therefore, STAT5 functions at a distinct step in regulating distal V(H) recombination in relation to the transcription factor Pax5 and histone methyltransferase Ezh2.
- Juxtaposed Polycomb complexes co-regulate vertebral identitySe Young Kim
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Development 133:4957-68. 2006..Whereas EED and BMI1 formed separate biochemical entities with EzH2 and Ring1B, respectively, in mid-gestation embryos, YY1 engaged in both Polycomb complexes...
- The Polycomb group proteins bind throughout the INK4A-ARF locus and are disassociated in senescent cellsAdrian P Bracken
Centre for Epigenetics, Biotech Research and Innovation Centre BRIC, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen 2200, Denmark
Genes Dev 21:525-30. 2007..to repress the INK4A-ARF locus requires its direct association and is dependent on the continued presence of the EZH2-containing Polycomb-Repressive Complex 2 (PRC2) complex...
- The transcriptional repression by NIPP1 is mediated by Polycomb group proteinsNivedita Roy
Laboratory of Biosignaling and Therapeutics, Department of Molecular Cell Biology, KULeuven, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Biochim Biophys Acta 1769:541-5. 2007..Here we show that the transcriptional repression by NIPP1 is alleviated by the RNAi-mediated knockdown of EED and EZH2, two core components of the Polycomb Repressive Complex 2 (PRC2), and by the overexpression of a catalytically dead ..
- MicroRNA-26a targets the histone methyltransferase Enhancer of Zeste homolog 2 during myogenesisChung Fai Wong
CSIRO Livestock Industries, Queensland Bioscience Precinct, 306 Carmody Road, St Lucia 4067, QLD, Australia
J Biol Chem 283:9836-43. 2008..Through a bioinformatics approach, we identified the histone methyltransferase, Enhancer of Zeste homolog 2 (Ezh2), as a potential target of miR-26a...
- Differentiation of neural stem cells into oligodendrocytes: involvement of the polycomb group protein Ezh2Falak Sher
Department of Neuroscience, University Medical Centre Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Stem Cells 26:2875-83. 2008..b>Enhancer of zeste homolog 2 (Ezh2) is a Polycomb group protein involved in stem cell renewal and maintenance by inducing gene ..
- MYC stimulates EZH2 expression by repression of its negative regulator miR-26aSandrine Sander
Institute of Physiological Chemistry, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Blood 112:4202-12. 2008..could show that ectopic expression of miR-26a influenced cell cycle progression by targeting the bona fide oncogene EZH2, a Polycomb protein and global regulator of gene expression yet unknown to be regulated by miRNAs...
- Polycomb proteins targeted by a short repeat RNA to the mouse X chromosomeJing Zhao
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Science 322:750-6. 2008..PRC2 is initially recruited to the X by RepA RNA, with Ezh2 serving as the RNA binding subunit. The antisense Tsix RNA inhibits this interaction...
- EZH1 mediates methylation on histone H3 lysine 27 and complements EZH2 in maintaining stem cell identity and executing pluripotencyXiaohua Shen
Department of Pediatric Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Children s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mol Cell 32:491-502. 2008..b>EZH2, the catalytic subunit of PRC2, has been reported as the sole histone methyltransferase that methylates H3K27 and ..
- Ndy1/KDM2B immortalizes mouse embryonic fibroblasts by repressing the Ink4a/Arf locusAlexandros Tzatsos
Molecular Oncology Research Institute, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:2641-6. 2009..Ndy1 counteracts the senescence-associated down-regulation of Ezh2, a component of polycomb-repressive complex (PRC) 2, via a JmjC domain-dependent process leading to the global and ..
- Ezh2 orchestrates gene expression for the stepwise differentiation of tissue-specific stem cellsElena Ezhkova
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Laboratory of Mammalian Cell Biology and Development, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10065, USA
Cell 136:1122-35. 2009..Here, we show that an essential PRC component, Ezh2, is expressed in epidermal progenitors but diminishes concomitant with embryonic differentiation and with postnatal ..
- Polycomb protein Ezh2 regulates pancreatic beta-cell Ink4a/Arf expression and regeneration in diabetes mellitusHainan Chen
Department of Developmental Biology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Genes Dev 23:975-85. 2009..Here we show that Enhancer of zeste homolog 2 (Ezh2), a histone methyltransferase and component of a Polycomb group (PcG) protein complex, represses ..
- Targeted overexpression of EZH2 in the mammary gland disrupts ductal morphogenesis and causes epithelial hyperplasiaXin Li
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, 1500 E Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Am J Pathol 175:1246-54. 2009The Polycomb group protein enhancer of zeste homolog 2 (EZH2), which has roles during development of numerous tissues, is a critical regulator of cell type identity...
- Polycomb limits the neurogenic competence of neural precursor cells to promote astrogenic fate transitionYusuke Hirabayashi
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Neuron 63:600-13. 2009..Inactivation of PcG by knockout of the Ring1B or Ezh2 gene or Eed knockdown prolonged the neurogenic phase of NPCs and delayed the onset of the astrogenic phase...
- Jarid2/Jumonji coordinates control of PRC2 enzymatic activity and target gene occupancy in pluripotent cellsJamy C Peng
Department of Chemical and Systems Biology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Cell 139:1290-302. 2009..Genome-wide ChIP-seq analyses of Jarid2, Ezh2, and Suz12 binding reveal that Jarid2 and PRC2 occupy the same genomic regions...
- Jumonji modulates polycomb activity and self-renewal versus differentiation of stem cellsXiaohua Shen
Department of Pediatric Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Children s Hospital, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell 139:1303-14. 2009..Our results demonstrate that dynamic regulation of Polycomb complex activity orchestrated by JMJ balances self-renewal and differentiation, highlighting the involvement of chromatin dynamics in cell-fate transitions...
- Jarid2 and PRC2, partners in regulating gene expressionGang Li
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, New York University Medical School, New York, New York 10016, USA
Genes Dev 24:368-80. 2010..components of the Polycomb-Repressive Complex 2 (PRC2) including the histone H3 Lys 27 (H3K27) methyltransferase Ezh2. How mammalian PRC2 accesses chromatin is unclear...
- Polycomb-like 2 associates with PRC2 and regulates transcriptional networks during mouse embryonic stem cell self-renewal and differentiationEmily Walker
Institute of Biomaterials and Biomedical Engineering, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON M5S 3G9, Canada
Cell Stem Cell 6:153-66. 2010..We describe the role of PCL2 in both modulating transcription of ESC self-renewal genes in undifferentiated ESCs as well as developmental regulators during early commitment and differentiation...
- Histone H3K27 methyltransferase Ezh2 represses Wnt genes to facilitate adipogenesisLiFeng Wang
Nuclear Receptor Biology Section, Clinical Endocrinology Branch, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:7317-22. 2010..Genome-wide profiling studies have revealed the enrichment of histone H3K27 methyltransferase Ezh2 on Wnt genes...
- The polycomb group gene product Ezh2 regulates proliferation and differentiation of murine hepatic stem/progenitor cellsRyutaro Aoki
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
J Hepatol 52:854-63. 2010..We have previously shown that Bmi1, a core component of PRC1, tightly regulates the self-renewal of hepatic stem/progenitor cells...
- Regulation of tumor angiogenesis by EZH2Chunhua Lu
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, U T M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer Cell 18:185-97. 2010..Here, we show that increased Zeste homolog 2 (EZH2) expression in either tumor cells or in tumor vasculature is predictive of poor clinical outcome...
- Ezh2 expression in astrocytes induces their dedifferentiation toward neural stem cellsFalak Sher
Department of Neuroscience, University Medical Centre Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Cell Reprogram 13:1-6. 2011Recently, we have demonstrated the expression of the polycomb group protein Ezh2 in embryonic and adult neural stem cells...
- Phosphorylation of the PRC2 component Ezh2 is cell cycle-regulated and up-regulates its binding to ncRNASyuzo Kaneko
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, New York University School of Medicine, New York, 10016, USA
Genes Dev 24:2615-20. 2010b>Ezh2 functions as a histone H3 Lys 27 (H3K27) methyltransferase when comprising the Polycomb-Repressive Complex 2 (PRC2). Trimethylation of H3K27 (H3K27me3) correlates with transcriptionally repressed chromatin...
- Genome-wide identification of polycomb-associated RNAs by RIP-seqJing Zhao
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Molecular Biology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Mol Cell 40:939-53. 2010..We provide evidence for direct RNA-protein interactions, most likely via the Ezh2 subunit...
- EZH1 and EZH2 cogovern histone H3K27 trimethylation and are essential for hair follicle homeostasis and wound repairElena Ezhkova
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Laboratory of Mammalian Cell Biology and Development, The Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10065, USA
Genes Dev 25:485-98. 2011..Here, we conditionally target H3K27 methyltransferases Ezh2 and Ezh1 to address their roles in mouse skin homeostasis...
- Polycomb EZH2 controls self-renewal and safeguards the transcriptional identity of skeletal muscle stem cellsAster H Juan
Laboratory of Muscle Stem Cells and Gene Regulation, National Institute of Arthritis, Musculoskeletal, and Skin Diseases NIAMS, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Genes Dev 25:789-94. 2011..Here, we report that EZH2, the enzymatic subunit of the Polycomb-repressive complex 2 (PRC2), is expressed in both Pax7+/Myf5⁻ stem cells ..
- Chromatin "prepattern" and histone modifiers in a fate choice for liver and pancreasCheng Ran Xu
Institute for Regenerative Medicine, Epigenetics Program, Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Science 332:963-6. 2011..acetyltransferase P300, recruited via bone morphogenetic protein signaling, and the histone methyltransferase Ezh2 have modulatory roles in the fate choice...
- Cyclin-dependent kinase 1 (CDK1)-mediated phosphorylation of enhancer of zeste 2 (Ezh2) regulates its stabilitySusan C Wu
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Biol Chem 286:28511-9. 2011The H3K27 histone methyltransferase, Ezh2 (enhancer of zeste 2), is a Polycomb group protein that plays important roles in many biological processes including cellular differentiation, stem cell biology, and cancer development...
- Ezh2 regulates anteroposterior axis specification and proximodistal axis elongation in the developing limbLaurie A Wyngaarden
Developmental and Stem Cell Biology Program, Research Institute, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON M5G 1X8, Canada
Development 138:3759-67. 2011..Using conditional mutagenesis at different time points, we show that the histone methyltransferase Ezh2 is an upstream regulator of anteroposterior prepattern at an early stage...
- Myc enforces overexpression of EZH2 in early prostatic neoplasia via transcriptional and post-transcriptional mechanismsCheryl M Koh
Departments of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Oncotarget 2:669-83. 2011b>EZH2 is part of the PRC2 polycomb repressive complex that is overexpressed in multiple cancer types and has been implicated in prostate cancer initiation and progression...
- Dependency on the polycomb gene Ezh2 distinguishes fetal from adult hematopoietic stem cellsMakiko Mochizuki-Kashio
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Chiba, Japan
Blood 118:6553-61. 2011..Here we show that Ezh2, a core component of PRC2, is essential for fetal, but not adult, HSCs...
- Polycomb repressive complex 2 regulates normal development of the mouse heartAibin He
Department of Cardiology, Children s Hospital Boston, MA, USA
Circ Res 110:406-15. 2012..Polycomb repressive complex 2 (PRC2) trimethylates histone H3 at lysine 27, which establishes H3K27me3 repressive epigenetic marks that promote tissue-specific differentiation by silencing ectopic gene programs...
- UTX, a histone H3-lysine 27 demethylase, acts as a critical switch to activate the cardiac developmental programSeunghee Lee
Pediatric Neuroscience Research Program, Papé Family Pediatric Research Institute, Department of Pediatrics, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Dev Cell 22:25-37. 2012....
- Ectopic expression of the histone methyltransferase Ezh2 in haematopoietic stem cells causes myeloproliferative diseaseA Herrera-Merchan
Stem Cell Aging Group, Spanish National Cardiovascular Research Center CNIC, E 28029 Madrid, Spain
Nat Commun 3:623. 2012Recent evidence shows increased and decreased expression of Ezh2 in cancer, suggesting a dual role as an oncogene or tumour suppressor...
- Epigenetic repression of cardiac progenitor gene expression by Ezh2 is required for postnatal cardiac homeostasisPaul Delgado-Olguín
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, San Francisco, California, USA
Nat Genet 44:343-7. 2012..The Polycomb histone methyltransferase Ezh2 stabilizes transcription by depositing repressive marks during development that persist into adulthood(3-9), but ..
- Polycomb repressive complex 2 is required for MLL-AF9 leukemiaTobias Neff
Dana Farber Children s Hospital Cancer Center, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:5028-33. 2012..We used conditional alleles for the PRC2 components enhancer of zeste 2 (Ezh2) and embryonic ectoderm development (Eed) to characterize the role of PRC2 function in leukemia development and ..
- Ezh2 augments leukemogenicity by reinforcing differentiation blockage in acute myeloid leukemiaSatomi Tanaka
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Chiba, Japan
Blood 120:1107-17. 2012b>EZH2, a catalytic component of the polycomb repressive complex 2, trimethylates histone H3 at lysine 27 (H3K27) to repress the transcription of target genes...
- Dynamic changes in Ezh2 gene occupancy underlie its involvement in neural stem cell self-renewal and differentiation towards oligodendrocytesFalak Sher
Department of Neuroscience, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 7:e40399. 2012The polycomb group protein Ezh2 is an epigenetic repressor of transcription originally found to prevent untimely differentiation of pluripotent embryonic stem cells...
- Maintenance of adult cardiac function requires the chromatin factor Asxl2Hsiao Lei Lai
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 53:734-41. 2012..Instead, Asxl2 and the histone methyltansferase Ezh2 co-localize to β-MHC promoter, suggesting that Asxl2 directly represses β-MHC...
- Polycomb PHF19 binds H3K36me3 and recruits PRC2 and demethylase NO66 to embryonic stem cell genes during differentiationGerard L Brien
The Smurfit Institute of Genetics, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
Nat Struct Mol Biol 19:1273-81. 2012....
- TNF inhibits Notch-1 in skeletal muscle cells by Ezh2 and DNA methylation mediated repression: implications in duchenne muscular dystrophySwarnali Acharyya
Human Cancer Genetics and Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology and Medical Genetics, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e12479. 2010..This regulation coincides with elevated levels of muscle derived TNFalpha that is also under IKKbeta and NF-kappaB control...
- Nitric oxide and KLF4 protein epigenetically modify class II transactivator to repress major histocompatibility complex II expression during Mycobacterium bovis bacillus Calmette-Guerin infectionDevram Sampat Ghorpade
Department of Microbiology and Cell Biology, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore 560012, India
J Biol Chem 288:20592-606. 2013..of macrophages was essential to orchestrate the epigenetic modifications mediated by histone methyltransferase EZH2 or miR-150 and thus calibrate CIITA/MHC-II expression...
- Germinal center dysregulation by histone methyltransferase EZH2 promotes lymphomagenesisMarieta Caganova
J Clin Invest 123:5009-22. 2013..The histone H3 lysine 27 methyltransferase enhancer of zeste homolog 2 (EZH2) is highly expressed in GC B cells and is often constitutively activated in GC-derived non-..
- Ezh2 regulates adult hippocampal neurogenesis and memoryJuan Zhang
State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Biology, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100101, China, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100049, China, and Institute of Biophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100101, China
J Neurosci 34:5184-99. 2014..As the methyltransferase of histone H3K27, the role of Ezh2 in neurogenesis of adult mice and its mechanism of action are largely unknown...
- Toward a consensus on the binding specificity and promiscuity of PRC2 for RNAChen Davidovich
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, BioFrontiers Institute, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309, USA
Mol Cell 57:552-8. 2015..We conclude that promiscuous and specific RNA-binding activities of PRC2 in vitro are not mutually exclusive, and that binding specificity in vivo remains to be demonstrated...
- Ezh2 maintains retinal progenitor proliferation, transcriptional integrity, and the timing of late differentiationJianmin Zhang
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, United States
Dev Biol 403:128-38. 2015..in mouse, there are dynamic patterns of expression of the polycomb repressive complex 2 (PRC2) catalytic subunit EZH2 in retinal progenitors and some differentiated cells, as well as dynamic changes in the histone modification ..
- Molecular and functional mapping of EED motifs required for PRC2-dependent histone methylationNathan D Montgomery
Department of Genetics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 103 Mason Farm Road, CB 7264, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7264, USA
J Mol Biol 374:1145-57. 2007..complex, is composed of several proteins, including the histone H3 lysine 27 (H3K27) methyltransferase enhancer of zeste homolog 2 and the WD-repeat protein embryonic ectoderm development (EED)...
- Jarid2 regulates mouse epidermal stem cell activation and differentiationStefania Mejetta
Department of Differentiation and Cancer, Center for Genomic Regulation and UPF, Barcelona, Spain
EMBO J 30:3635-46. 2011..We conclude that Jarid2 is required for the scheduled proliferation of epidermal stem and progenitor cells necessary to maintain epidermal homeostasis...
- Polycomb repressive complex 2 targets murine cytomegalovirus chromatin for modification and associates with viral replication centersChristopher G Abraham
Department of Microbiology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e29410. 2012..Together, our results suggest a novel, dynamic interaction between PcG epigenetic repressors and MCMV genomes...
- The long noncoding RNA Six3OS acts in trans to regulate retinal development by modulating Six3 activityNicole A Rapicavoli
Department of Neuroscience, Neurology and Ophthalmology, Center for High Throughput Biology and Institute for Cell Engineering, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Neural Dev 6:32. 2011..Thousands of different long non-coding RNAs are expressed during embryonic development, but the function of these molecules remains largely unexplored...
- Global gene expression analysis of very small embryonic-like stem cells reveals that the Ezh2-dependent bivalent domain mechanism contributes to their pluripotent stateDong Myung Shin
Stem Cell Institute at the James Graham Brown Cancer Center, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Stem Cells Dev 21:1639-52. 2012..in protein turnover and mitogenic pathways, and (iv) highly express enhancer of zeste drosophila homolog 2 (Ezh2), a polycomb group protein...
- Oxidative damage targets complexes containing DNA methyltransferases, SIRT1, and polycomb members to promoter CpG IslandsHeather M O'Hagan
Department of Oncology and The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Cancer Cell 20:606-19. 2011..Thus, oxidative damage induces formation and relocalization of a silencing complex that may explain cancer-specific aberrant DNA methylation and transcriptional silencing...
- Conditional ablation of Ezh2 in murine hearts reveals its essential roles in endocardial cushion formation, cardiomyocyte proliferation and survivalLi Chen
Department of Stem Cell Engineering, Basic Research Laboratories, Texas Heart Institute, Houston, Texas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e31005. 2012b>Ezh2 is a histone trimethyltransferase that silences genes mainly via catalyzing trimethylation of histone 3 lysine 27 (H3K27Me3)...
- Epigenetic silencing of myogenic gene program by Myb-binding protein 1a suppresses myogenesisChang Ching Yang
Graduate Institute of Biomedical Sciences, College of Medicine, Chang Gung University, Kwei San, Tao Yuan, Taiwan, ROC
EMBO J 31:1739-51. 2012....
- A key role for EZH2 and associated genes in mouse and human adult T-cell acute leukemiaCamille Simon
The Leucegene Group, Institute for Research in Immunology and Cancer, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec H3T 1J4, Canada
Genes Dev 26:651-6. 2012..frequency of spontaneous γδ T-cell leukemia (T-ALL) occurrence in mice with biallelic deletion of enhancer of zeste homolog 2 (Ezh2). Tumor cells show little residual H3K27 trimethylation marks compared with controls...
- Mallory-Denk bodies form when EZH2/H3K27me3 fails to methylate DNA in the nuclei of human and mice liver cellsB A French
Department of Pathology, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, CA 90509, USA
Exp Mol Pathol 92:318-26. 2012b>EZH2/H3K27me3 and polycomb group complex (PcG) play a major role in regulating global gene expression including tumor suppressor genes...
- Spreading of X chromosome inactivation via a hierarchy of defined Polycomb stationsStefan F Pinter
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Genome Res 22:1864-76. 2012..This suggests that PRC2 and H3K27 methylation spread along a gradient unique to XCI. We propose that XCI is governed by a hierarchy of defined Polycomb stations that spread H3K27 methylation in cis...
- EZH2 generates a methyl degron that is recognized by the DCAF1/DDB1/CUL4 E3 ubiquitin ligase complexJi Min Lee
Department of Biological Sciences, Creative Research Initiatives Center for Chromatin Dynamics, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, South Korea
Mol Cell 48:572-86. 2012..Further, we discovered that enhancer of zeste homolog 2 (EZH2) methyltransferase has distinct substrate specificities for histone H3K27 and nonhistones ..
- Selective inhibition of Ezh2 by a small molecule inhibitor blocks tumor cells proliferationWei Qi
China Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Shanghai 201203, China
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:21360-5. 2012Ezh2 (Enhancer of zeste homolog 2) protein is the enzymatic component of the Polycomb repressive complex 2 (PRC2), which represses gene expression by methylating lysine 27 of histone H3 (H3K27) and regulates cell proliferation and ..
- PRC1 coordinates timing of sexual differentiation of female primordial germ cellsShihori Yokobayashi
Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research, Maulbeerstrasse 66, CH 4058 Basel, Switzerland
Nature 495:236-40. 2013..These data demonstrate the importance of PRC1 gene dosage in PGC development and in coordinating the timing of sex differentiation of female PGCs by antagonizing extrinsic retinoic acid signalling...
- Enx (Hox11L1)-deficient mice develop myenteric neuronal hyperplasia and megacolonS Shirasawa
Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Nat Med 3:646-50. 1997..These results suggest that Enx is required for the proper positional specification and differentiative cell fate of enteric neurons...
- Cloning and expression of a human/mouse Polycomb group gene, ENX-2/Enx-2M Ogawa
Department of Anatomy, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1395:151-8. 1998..A cell line of mouse neuroblastoma, Neuro-2a, also expresses Enx-2 mRNA and its level is elevated by induction of neuronal differentiation of the cell...
- Interaction of mouse polycomb-group (Pc-G) proteins Enx1 and Enx2 with Eed: indication for separate Pc-G complexesM van Lohuizen
Division of Molecular Carcinogenesis, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Mol Cell Biol 18:3572-9. 1998..However, partial colocalization of Enx1 and Mph1 to subnuclear domains may point to more transient interactions between these complexes, in support of a bridging role for Enx1...
- The murine polycomb-group genes Ezh1 and Ezh2 map close to Hox gene clusters on mouse chromosomes 11 and 6G Laible
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology IMP The Vienna Biocenter, Dr Bohrgasse 7, A 1030 Vienna, Austria
Mamm Genome 10:311-4. 1999
- Xenopus Enhancer of Zeste (XEZ); an anteriorly restricted polycomb gene with a role in neural patterningM W Barnett
Cell and Molecular Development Group, Department of Biological Sciences, University of Warwick, CV4 7AL, Coventry, UK
Mech Dev 102:157-67. 2001..Conversely, XEZ does not repress the forebrain marker Otx-2. XEZ overexpression results in a greatly thickened floor of the forebrain. These results implicate an important role for XEZ in the patterning of the nervous system...
- Epigenetic dynamics of imprinted X inactivation during early mouse developmentIkuhiro Okamoto
CNRS UMR218, Curie Institute, 26 Rue d Ulm, Paris 75005, France
Science 303:644-9. 2004..This reveals the remarkable plasticity of the X-inactivation process during preimplantation development and underlines the importance of the ICM in global reprogramming of epigenetic marks in the early embryo...
- A novel repressive E2F6 complex containing the polycomb group protein, EPC1, that interacts with EZH2 in a proliferation-specific mannerClaire Attwooll
European Institute of Oncology, Department of Experimental Oncology, Via Ripamonti 435, Milan, 20141, Italy
J Biol Chem 280:1199-208. 2005..Furthermore, we identified the proliferation-specific PcG, EZH2, as an EPC1-interacting protein...
- X chromosome reactivation and regulation in cloned embryosLeisha D Nolen
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 415 Curie Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6148, USA
Dev Biol 279:525-40. 2005..We conclude that, although SCNT embryos can reactivate, count, and inactivate X chromosomes, they are not able to regulate XCI consistently. These results illustrate the heterogeneity of epigenetic changes found in cloned embryos...
- EZH2 and histone 3 trimethyl lysine 27 associated with Il4 and Il13 gene silencing in Th1 cellsMadoka Koyanagi
Department of Immunology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 7650, USA
J Biol Chem 280:31470-7. 2005..and real time reverse transcription PCR we identify the Polycomb family histone methyltransferase EZH2 as the enzyme responsible for methylating lysine 27 of histone H3 at the Il4-Il13 locus of T(H)1 but not T(H)2 ..
- The polycomb group protein EZH2 is required for mammalian circadian clock functionJean Pierre Etchegaray
Department of Neurobiology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, 01605, USA
J Biol Chem 281:21209-15. 2006..Endogenous EZH2, a polycomb group enzyme that methylates lysine 27 on histone H3, co-immunoprecipitates with CLOCK and BMAL1 ..
- Integrative genomics analysis reveals silencing of beta-adrenergic signaling by polycomb in prostate cancerJindan Yu
Department of Pathology, Michigan Center for Translational Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Cancer Cell 12:419-31. 2007The Polycomb group (PcG) protein EZH2 possesses oncogenic properties for which the underlying mechanism is unclear. We integrated in vitro cell line, in vivo tumor profiling, and genome-wide location data to nominate key targets of EZH2...
- PRC1 and Suv39h specify parental asymmetry at constitutive heterochromatin in early mouse embryosMareike Puschendorf
Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research, Maulbeerstrasse 66, CH 4058 Basel, Switzerland
Nat Genet 40:411-20. 2008..Here we demonstrate Ezh2-independent targeting of maternally provided polycomb repressive complex 1 (PRC1) components to paternal ..
- Polycomb repressive complex 2 (PRC2) restricts hematopoietic stem cell activityIan J Majewski
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
PLoS Biol 6:e93. 2008..These data suggest that PRC2 is required to maintain a specific gene expression pattern in hematopoiesis that is indispensable to normal stem cell function...
- Haploinsufficiency of the murine polycomb gene Suz12 results in diverse malformations of the brain and neural tubeXavier Miro
Max Planck Institute of Biophysical Chemistry, Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Gottingen D 37077, Germany
Dis Model Mech 2:412-8. 2009..Our work strongly suggests that brain malformations such as CM can result from altered epigenetic regulation of genes involved in cell proliferation in the brain...
- Epigenetic reprogramming during wound healing: loss of polycomb-mediated silencing may enable upregulation of repair genesTanya Shaw
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medical Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
EMBO Rep 10:881-6. 2009..We show that PcGs Eed, Ezh2 and Suz12 are significantly downregulated during murine skin repair, whereas the newly described demethylases Jmjd3 ..
- BRCA1-deficient mammary tumor cells are dependent on EZH2 expression and sensitive to Polycomb Repressive Complex 2-inhibitor 3-deazaneplanocin AJulian Puppe
Molecular Genetics and Cancer Genomics Centre, Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Breast Cancer Res 11:R63. 2009..Breast cancer 1 gene (BRCA1)-deficient tumors are usually of the basal subtype and associated with poor survival rates, highlighting the need for more effective therapy...
- Targeting of EZH2 to a defined genomic site is sufficient for recruitment of Dnmt3a but not de novo DNA methylationMargaret Rush
Department of Medical Genetics, Life Sciences Institute, The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, CA
Epigenetics 4:404-14. 2009..An interaction between EZH2 of the Polycomb repressive complex 2 (PRC2), which trimethylates lysine 27 on Histone 3 (H3K27me3), and all three ..
- Mir-214-dependent regulation of the polycomb protein Ezh2 in skeletal muscle and embryonic stem cellsAster H Juan
Laboratory of Muscle Stem Cells and Gene Regulation, National Institute of Arthritis, Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Mol Cell 36:61-74. 2009..Once transcribed, miR-214 negatively feeds back on PcG by targeting the Ezh2 3'UTR, the catalytic subunit of the PRC2 complex...
- MeCP2 controls an epigenetic pathway that promotes myofibroblast transdifferentiation and fibrosisJelena Mann
Institute of Cellular Medicine, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Gastroenterology 138:705-14, 714.e1-4. 2010..The peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma (PPARgamma) is a negative regulator of this process. We investigated epigenetic regulation of PPARgamma and myofibroblast transdifferentiation...
- Control of cognition and adaptive behavior by the GLP/G9a epigenetic suppressor complexAnne Schaefer
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience, The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Neuron 64:678-91. 2009....
- Dynamic patterns of histone lysine methylation in the developing retinaRajesh C Rao
Schepens Eye Research Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:6784-92. 2010..To study the roles of HKM in retinogenesis, the authors examined the dynamic changes of three HKM modifications and of two of their regulators, the histone methyltransferases (HMTases) Ezh2 and G9a, in the mouse retina.
- Epigenetic antagonism between polycomb and SWI/SNF complexes during oncogenic transformationBORIS G WILSON
Department of Pediatric Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Cell 18:316-28. 2010..Mechanistically, we show that loss of the SNF5 tumor suppressor leads to elevated expression of the Polycomb gene EZH2 and that Polycomb targets are broadly H3K27-trimethylated and repressed in SNF5-deficient fibroblasts and cancers...
- The expression pattern of polycomb group protein Ezh2 during mouse embryogenesisZhu Ningxia
Department of Histology and Embryology, Medical College of Shantou University, Guangdong Province, People s Republic of China
Anat Rec (Hoboken) 294:1150-7. 2011..Among them, the mammalian enhancer zeste homologue 2 (Ezh2) contributes to the transcriptional repression of these genes...
- The binding activity of Mel-18 at the Il17a promoter is regulated by the integrated signals of the TCR and polarizing cytokinesReut Hod-Dvorai
Department of Immunology, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
Eur J Immunol 41:2424-35. 2011..show that in Th17 cells, the more phenotypically flexible Th lineage, the PcG proteins Mel-18 and less strikingly Ezh2 are associated differentially with the Il17a promoter...
- Lysine-specific demethylase 2B (KDM2B)-let-7-enhancer of zester homolog 2 (EZH2) pathway regulates cell cycle progression and senescence in primary cellsAlexandros Tzatsos
Cancer Center, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Biol Chem 286:33061-9. 2011..a program in which this chromatin-modifying enzyme counteracts the senescence-associated down-regulation of the EZH2 histone methyltransferase...
- In utero exposure to diethylstilbestrol (DES) or bisphenol-A (BPA) increases EZH2 expression in the mammary gland: an epigenetic mechanism linking endocrine disruptors to breast cancerLeo F Doherty
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Horm Cancer 1:146-55. 2010..b>Enhancer of Zeste Homolog 2 (EZH2) is a histone methyltransferase that has been linked to breast cancer risk and epigenetic ..
- PDGF signalling controls age-dependent proliferation in pancreatic β-cellsHainan Chen
Department of Developmental Biology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Nature 478:349-55. 2011..With age, declining β-cell Pdgfr levels were accompanied by reductions in β-cell enhancer of zeste homologue 2 (Ezh2) levels and β-cell replication...
- LIPID PEROXIDATION IN ALCOHOLIC LIVER DISEASESamuel William French; Fiscal Year: 2010..If this approach determines [how] ethanol-induces proteasomal inhibition, then a new mechanism of ethanol-induced liver injury will have been established which could provide a target for therapeutic intervention. ..