Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Evi5
Description: ecotropic viral integration site 5
Alias: NB4S, ecotropic viral integration site 5 protein, EVI-5
- Evi-5, a common site of retroviral integration in AKXD T-cell lymphomas, maps near Gfi-1 on mouse chromosome 5X Liao
Mammalian Genetics Laboratory, ABL Basic Research Program, NCI Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Maryland 21702, USA
J Virol 69:7132-7. 1995..These results are consistent with the hypothesis that T-cell lymphomagenesis is a multistep disease and that viral integration at Evi-5 or Gfi-1 is causally associated with this disease process...
- MoMuLV proviral integrations identified by Sup-F selection in tumors from infected myc/pim bitransgenic mice correlate with activation of the gfi-1 geneT Schmidt
Institut für Zellbiologie Tumorforschung, IFZ, Universitatsklinikum Essen, Essen, Germany
Nucleic Acids Res 24:2528-34. 1996....
- Characterization of pal-1, a common proviral insertion site in murine leukemia virus-induced lymphomas of c-myc and Pim-1 transgenic miceB Scheijen
Division of Molecular Genetics, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam
J Virol 71:9-16. 1997..This finding suggests that Bmi-1 and Gfi-1 belong to the same complementation group in lymphoid transformation...
- GFI1B, EVI5, MYB--additional genes that cooperate with the human BCL6 gene to promote the development of lymphomasBeverly W Baron
Department of Pathology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA Electronic address
Blood Cells Mol Dis 52:68-75. 2014..We now report three newly identified cooperating genes-GFI1B, EVI5, and MYB-that we identified in the lymphomas of retroviral-injected BCL6 transgenic mice (but not in retroviral-..
- Cooperative activation of Hoxa and Pbx1-related genes in murine myeloid leukaemiasT Nakamura
Mammalian Genetics Laboratory, NCI Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Maryland 21702, USA
Nat Genet 12:149-53. 1996..These studies provide the first genetic evidence that Pbx1-related genes cooperate with Hox genes in leukaemia formation and identify a number of new murine myeloid leukaemia genes...
- Proviral integrations at the Evi5 locus disrupt a novel 90 kDa protein with homology to the Tre2 oncogene and cell-cycle regulatory proteinsX Liao
Laboratory of Immunopathology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Oncogene 14:1023-9. 1997b>Evi5 is a common site of retroviral integration in T-cell lymphomas of AKXD mice...
- A new region of synteny between human chromosome 1p22 and mouse chromosome 5D M Chelsea
Center for Molecular Genetics NB20, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Int J Mol Med 5:553-6. 2000..the p22 region of human chromosome 1 we have been able to show the relative orientation of four genes; GFI1, NB4S/EVI5, RPL5 and DR1...
- Candidate genes and their regulatory elements: alcohol preference and toleranceLaura Saba
Department of Pharmacology, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, 12801 East 17th Avenue, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Mamm Genome 17:669-88. 2006....
- Stem cell exhaustion due to Runx1 deficiency is prevented by Evi5 activation in leukemogenesisBindya Jacob
Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, 61 Biopolis Drive, Singapore
Blood 115:1610-20. 2010..Retroviral insertional mutagenesis revealed Evi5 activation as a cooperating genetic alteration and EVI5 overexpression indeed prevented Runx1(-/-) HSC exhaustion ..