Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Es3
Description: esterase 3
Alias: Ee-2, Es-3, esterase 3
- Esterase-17 (ES-17): characterization and genetic location on chromosome 9 of a bis-p-nitrophenyl phosphate-resistant esterase of the house mouse (Mus musculus)J Otto
Biochem Genet 21:37-48. 1983..1.1.6). ES-17 was shown to be controlled by the structural locus Es-17, located on chromosome 9. From test-cross data, a gene order of Es-17-8.7 +/- 2.5 map units-Mpi-1-10.2 +/- 2.7 map units-Mod-1 was established...
- Biochemical and recessive visible specific locus responses of C3H/HeH to fractionated, acute radiationJo Peters
MRC Mammalian Genetics Unit, Harwell, Didcot OX11 0RD, UK
Mutat Res 543:137-43. 2003..The number of loci scored in the electrophoretic test has been reassessed, and it is now considered that six, not four were scored, and this has implications for the calculation of the doubling dose...
- Localization of three genes expressed in retina on mouse chromosome 11C A Kozak
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Mamm Genome 6:142-4. 1995
- Localization of the gene for the vitamin B12 binding protein, transcobalamin II, near the centromere on mouse chromosome 11, linked with the hemoglobin alpha-chain locusM Frater-Schröder
Biochem Genet 23:139-53. 1985..9 and 19.2% each. The linkage group Tcn-2/wa-2/Hba was established...
- Genes for skeletal muscle myosin heavy chains are clustered and are not located on the same mouse chromosome as a cardiac myosin heavy chain geneA Weydert
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 82:7183-7. 1985..This result is in contrast to that for other contractile protein genes such as the alkali myosin light chain and the actin multigene families, which are dispersed in the genome...
- Variations among sublines of inbred AKR miceR T Acton
Nat New Biol 245:8-10. 1973
- Linkage of esterase-3 and rex on linkage group VII of the mouseT H Roderick
J Hered 61:278-9. 1970
- Biochemical polymorphisms in feral and inbred mice (mus musculus)T H Roderick
Biochem Genet 5:457-66. 1971
- Genetic control of erythrocytic esterase forms in Mus musculusC F Pelzer
Genetics 52:819-28. 1965
- The genetic control of two types of esterases in inbred strains of the mouseF H Ruddle
Genetics 54:191-202. 1966
- Inheritance of an erythrocyte and kidney esterase in the mouseR A Popp
J Hered 57:197-201. 1966
- Localization of a gene for expression of mouse mammary tumor virus antigens in the GR/Mtv-2- mouse strainR Nusse
J Exp Med 152:712-9. 1980....
- Genetic mapping of ecotropic murine leukemia virus-inducing loci in six inbred strainsC A Kozak
J Exp Med 155:524-34. 1982..These studies provide further evidence that endogenous ecotropic V loci are present at different chromosomal sites in unrelated mouse strains and emphasize the role of germ line reinfections in the generation of this diversity...
- Sequence and localization of a novel FK506-binding protein to mouse chromosome 11S L Simek
Biological Carcinogenesis and Development Program, NCI Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Frederick, Maryland
Genomics 18:407-9. 1993..We have localized the FKBPRP gene to mouse Chromosome 11, and crosses of different murine strains provided the gene order centromere--FKBPRP-Int-4-Pkca-Es-3...
- Assignment to chromosome 11 of mouse p68 RNA helicase gene (Hlr1) and pseudogene (Hlr1-ps1)P Petry
Institut fur Genetik, Heinrich Heine Universitat, Dusseldorf, Germany
FEBS Lett 363:25-8. 1995..Sequence analysis and PCR results suggest that Hlr1-ps1 is a pseudogene, flanked by DNA stretches similar to mouse insertion element IE118...
- The gene controlling the binding sites of Dolichos biflorus agglutinin, Dlb-1, is on chromosome 11 of the mouseH G Uiterdijk
Genet Res 47:125-9. 1986
- The midkine (MK) family of growth/differentiation factors: structure of an MK-related sequence in a pseudogene and evolutionary relationships among members of the MK familyH Obama
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Kagoshima University
J Biochem 115:516-22. 1994..Thus, so far there are only two established protein members, MK and heparin-binding, growth-associated molecule (HB-GAM)/pleiotrophin (PTN) in the MK family...
- Chromosomal assignment of three novel mouse genes expressed in testicular cellsL Lemaire
Institut fur Genetik, Heinrich Heine Universitat, Dusseldorf, Federal Republic of Germany
Genomics 21:409-14. 1994....
- The locus controlling pineal serotonin N-acetyltransferase activity (Nat-2) is located on mouse chromosome 11M Goto
Department of Animal Physiology, Faculty of Agriculture, Nagoya University, Japan
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 21:349-54. 1994..The linkage between Nat-2 and Es-3 was confirmed by a conventional linkage test and the recombination frequency between these loci was estimated to be 16.1 +/- 3.6% (mean +/- S.E.M.)...
- Chromosomal localization of mouse and human genes encoding the splicing factors ASF/SF2 (SFRS1) and SC-35 (SFRS2)J R Bermingham
University of California at San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0660, USA
Genomics 29:70-9. 1995..Mapping of Sfrs1 using F1 hybrid backcross mice between the strains C57BL/6 and DDK places Sfrs1 very near the marker D11Mit38 and indicates that the ASF/SF2 gene is closely linked to the Ovum mutant locus...
- Genetic mapping of the gene encoding cytochrome b561 to mouse chromosome 11C A Kozak
Laboratory of Molecular Microbiology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Mamm Genome 6:559. 1995
- Genetic control of Leishmania major infection in congenic, recombinant inbred and F2 populations of miceB Mock
Laboratory of Genetics, NCI, NIH, Bethesda, MD, USA
Eur J Immunogenet 20:335-48. 1993..major NIH 173 by F2 and congenic strain analyses. Strain distribution patterns generated for Scl-1 in the CXB and CXS recombinant inbred strains suggested linkage to the distal end of mouse Chromosome 11...
- Mapping of genes controlling Leishmania major infection in CXS recombinant inbred miceM Roberts
Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, UK
Eur J Immunogenet 20:349-62. 1993....
- The inducible form of nitric oxide synthase (NOS2) isolated from murine macrophages maps near the nude mutation on mouse chromosome 11B A Mock
Laboratory of Genetics, NCI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Eur J Immunogenet 21:231-8. 1994..This map location is discussed relative to map locations for disease susceptibility loci involved in mediating cutaneous leishmaniasis (ScII) and autoimmune type-I diabetes (Idd4)...
- Uncv (uncovered): a new mutation causing hairloss on mouse chromosome 11S R Li
Institute of Jingfeng Medical Laboratory Animal, Fengtai, Beijing, P R China
Genet Res 73:233-8. 1999..By using 11 biochemical loci--Idh, Car2, Mup1, Pgm1, Hbb, Es1, Es10, Gdc, Ce2, Mod1 and Es3--as genetic markers, two-point linkage tests were made. The results showed the gene was assigned to chromosome 11...
- Grey intense: a new mouse mutation affecting pigmentationM T Davisson
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609, USA
Mamm Genome 11:1139-41. 2000
- Role of the Nh (Non-hair) mutation in the development of dermatitis and hyperproduction of IgE in DS-Nh miceAkira Watanabe
Developmental Research Laboratories, Shionogi and Co, Ltd, Toyonaka, Japan
Exp Anim 52:419-23. 2003..These results suggest that IgE hyperproduction is regulated by the Nh mutation, while other genetic factor(s) are also involved in the development of dermatitis...
- Localization of the growth hormone gene to the distal half of mouse chromosome 11R W Elliott
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Roswell Park Memorial Institute, New York State Department of Health, Buffalo 14263
Genomics 8:591-4. 1990..Segregation analysis also refined the location of Sparc (secreted acidic cysteine-rich glycoprotein) on mouse chromosome 11 to a position 16.7 +/- 4.2 map units proximal to Evi-2 (ecotropic viral integration site 2)...
- Esterase-6 (Es-6) in laboratory mice: hormone-influenced expression and linkage relationship to oligosyndactylism (Os), esterase-1 (Es-1), and esterase-2 (Es-2) in chromosome 8J E Womack
Biochem Genet 13:311-22. 1975..A four-point test cross established the gene order Os-Es-1-Es-6-Es-2 within a 10-cM segment on chromosome 8...
- Glk: a locus controlling galactokinase activity in the mouseJ D Mishkin
Biochem Genet 14:635-40. 1976..5 cM. Es-3 has been located on the distal end of chromosome 11. Glk, with its alleles Glka (lower activity) and Glkb (higher activity), is therefore assigned to the same region...
- Esterases of Mus musculus: substrate and inhibition characteristics, new isozymes, and homologies with manJ Peters
Biochem Genet 16:553-69. 1978..From substrate, inhibition, and molecular weight studies, three homologies between human and mouse esterases are suggested. A new allele at Es-6 is also described...
- Polymorphism of esterase 11 in Mus musculus, a further esterase locus on chromosome 8J Peters
Biochem Genet 15:217-26. 1977..In F1 hybrids (IS/Cam X C57BL/Gr), the phenotype shown corresponds to a mixture of the two parental phenotypes. In backcrosses, ES-11 segregates as an autosomal gene, designated Es-11, closely linked to Es-2 and Es-5 on chromosome 8...
- Identification and genetic monitoring of mouse inbred strains using biochemical polymorphismsA Groen
Lab Anim 11:209-14. 1977..These findings emphasize the possibility and the necessity of monitoring the genetic purity of inbred strains of mice. A routine monitoring scheme using body protein-polymorphisms is proposed...
- The locus Om, responsible for the DDK syndrome, maps close to Sigje on mouse chromosome 11P A Baldacci
Unite de Genetique des Mammiferes, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Mamm Genome 2:100-5. 1992..Our results indicate that a single locus, Om, is responsible for the DDK syndrome and is located on Chromosome (Chr) 11, very close to the Sigje locus...
- Chromosomal localization of the murine gene and two related sequences encoding high-mobility-group I and Y proteinsK R Johnson
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609
Genomics 12:503-9. 1992..Hmgi genes have not been previously mapped in any species, but the location of the probable functional gene on murine Chromosome 17 suggests that the homologous gene in humans is located on Chromosome 6...
- Recent evolutionary origin of the expression of the glial fibrillary acidic protein (GFAP) in lens epithelial cells. A molecular and genetic analysis of various mouse speciesS Boyer
Biochimie des Antigènes, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 10:159-66. 1991..GFAP(+) character is transmitted in a dominant fashion and seems to be linked to the Mus musculus Gfap gene. In this study we have also confirmed the localization of the mouse Gfap gene on chromosome 11...
- Linkage of acid alpha-glucosidase (Gaa) and thymidine kinase (Tk-1) to esterase-3 (Es-3) on mouse chromosome 11F Martiniuk
Department of Medicine, New York University Medical Center, New York 10016
Mamm Genome 1:267-9. 1991..This result extends the region of homology between mouse Chr 11 and human chr 17q...
- Segregation of genes from donor strain during the production of recombinant congenic strainsL F van Zutphen
Department of Laboratory Animal Science, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Utrecht, The Netherlands
Lab Anim 25:193-7. 1991..The data obtained do not significantly deviate from the expected pattern, thus supporting the validity of the concept of RCS...
- Genetic characterization of important mouse strains used in cancer researchH H Krog
Hereditas 87:201-4. 1977
- Genetic analysis of nonhistone chromosomal protein inheritance in recombinant inbred mouse strains using two-dimensional electrophoresisL S Ramagli
Department of Molecular Pathology, University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030
Biochem Genet 28:123-36. 1990..These 16 NHCP genetic marker inheritance differences detected in RIs add to the 23 previously established genetic marker differences between the progenitors...
- A family of type I keratin genes and the homeobox-2 gene complex are closely linked to the rex locus on mouse chromosome 11J H Nadeau
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609
Genomics 5:454-62. 1989....
- Chromosomal mapping of the mouse IL-4 and human IL-5 genesM Takahashi
Department of Medical Chemistry, Kyoto University Faculty of Medicine, Japan
Genomics 4:47-52. 1989....
- Localization of Evi-2 to chromosome 11: linkage to other proto-oncogene and growth factor loci using interspecific backcross miceA M Buchberg
Mammalian Genetics Laboratory, BRI Basic Research Program, NCI Frederick Cancer Research Facility, Maryland 21701
Oncogene Res 2:149-65. 1988..This study revealed a number of interesting conserved linkage groups common to mouse and man...
- New murine homeoboxes: structure, chromosomal assignment, and differential expression in adult erythropoiesisP Lonai
Department of Chemical Immunology, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
DNA 6:409-18. 1987..All four homeoboxes are expressed in the mouse embryo. Of special interest is the expression of mh19, a 4.2-kb transcript of which appears to be connected to the induced differentiation of Friend erythroleukemia cells...
- The Hox-2 homeo box gene complex on mouse chromosome 11 is closely linked to ReC P Hart
Department of Biology, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06511
Genetics 118:319-27. 1988..The results place the Hoax-2 locus approximately 1 cM from the rex (Re) locus on mouse chromosome 11...
- Chromosomal locations of genes encoding 2',3' cyclic nucleotide 3'-phosphodiesterase and glial fibrillary acidic protein in the mouseL Bernier
Department of Biochemistry, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Neurosci Res 20:497-504. 1988..We have localized the GFAP gene to distal chromosome 11 in the mouse. There are two genetic loci identified by CNP probes, one is closely linked to the GFAP gene, and the other maps to chromosome 3...
- Restriction fragment length polymorphism and chromosome mapping of a mouse homeo box gene, Hox-2.1T Watanabe
Department of Biochemistry, Institute for Developmental Research, Aichi, Japan
Biochem Genet 26:805-13. 1988..Three-point cross test data showed that the recombination frequency is 29.6% between the Hba and the Hox-2.1 genes and 23.5% between the Hox-2.1 and the Es-3 genes. The gene order of Hba-Hox-2.1-Es-3 has been confirmed...
- Investigation of genetic linkage between myosin and actin genes using an interspecific mouse back-crossB Robert
Nature 314:181-3. 1985..No linkage between these genes was observed...
- Chromosomal assignment of two endogenous ecotropic murine leukemia virus proviruses of the AKR/J mouse strainB A Taylor
J Virol 56:172-5. 1985..Akv-3 is the second ecotropic murine leukemia virus provirus to be mapped near the agouti locus. The results are discussed in relation to possible nonrandomness of viral integration...
- Characterization and chromosomal distribution of endogenous mouse mammary tumor viruses of European mouse strains STS/A and GR/AR Michalides
Virology 142:278-90. 1985..R. Callahan, D. Gallahan, and Ch. Kozak (1984), J. Virol. 49, 1005-1008). GR and GR.Mtv-2 furthermore contain two incomplete MMTV proviral elements, one of which is also present in STS/A...
- Characterization and mapping of DNA sequence homologous to mouse U1a1 snRNA: localization on chromosome 11 near the Dlb-1 and Re lociS K Michael
Somat Cell Mol Genet 12:215-23. 1986..The results of these experiments prove that the U1a1 gene is located on chromosome 11 near the Delb-1 and Re loci...
- A mouse linkage testing stock possessing multiple copies of the endogenous ecotropic murine leukemia virus genomeB A Taylor
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609
Genomics 5:221-32. 1989..Ways of further improving the MEV stock are discussed. The location of the Myb proto-oncogene is defined relative to Sl and one of the C58/J proviruses on chromosome 10...
- The AXB and BXA set of recombinant inbred mouse strainsJ D Marshall
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609 1500
Mamm Genome 3:669-80. 1992..Thus, the AXB and BXA set of RI strains will be useful in the genetic analysis of several complex diseases...
- Genetic mapping of the murine gene and 14 related sequences encoding chromosomal protein HMG-14K R Johnson
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609
Mamm Genome 3:625-32. 1992..Thus, the Hmg14 multigene family is well suited to serve as genetic markers for other linkage studies in mice...
- Genotyping new BXD recombinant inbred mouse strains and comparison of BXD and consensus mapsB A Taylor
The Jackson Laboratory, 600 Main Street, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609, USA
Mamm Genome 10:335-48. 1999..Alternatively, recombinant genotypes could be selected against during inbreeding owing to allelic interactions affecting fitness. The latter interpretation implies that relatively strong intrachromosomal epistasis is common...