Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Erbb2
Description: erb-b2 receptor tyrosine kinase 2
Alias: Erbb-2, HER-2, HER2, Neu, c-erbB2, c-neu, l11Jus8, mKIAA3023, receptor tyrosine-protein kinase erbB-2, Neu oncogene, avian erythroblastosis oncogene B 2, c-erbB-2, p185erbB2, proto-oncogene NEU, proto-oncogene c-ErbB-2, v-erb-b2 erythroblastic leukemia viral oncogene homolog 2, neuro/glioblastoma derived oncogene homolog
Publications137 found, 100 shown here
- Targeted disruption of mouse EGF receptor: effect of genetic background on mutant phenotypeD W Threadgill
Department of Genetics, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106 4955, USA
Science 269:230-4. 1995..The multiple abnormalities associated with EGFR deficiency indicate that the receptor is involved in a wide range of cellular activities...
- Targeted expression of activated erbB-2 to the epidermis of transgenic mice elicits striking developmental abnormalities in the epidermis and hair folliclesW Xie
Department of Medicine Endocrinology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35294 0012, USA
Cell Growth Differ 9:313-25. 1998..These observations demonstrate that the skin is sensitive to erbB-2 signaling, suggesting an important role for this receptor tyrosine kinase in epidermal growth, differentiation, and hair follicle morphogenesis...
- Colonic epithelial expression of ErbB2 is required for postnatal maintenance of the enteric nervous systemSteven A Crone
The Salk Institute, 10010 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Neuron 37:29-40. 2003We utilized the Cre-LoxP system to establish erbB2 conditional mutant mice in order to investigate the role of erbB2 in postnatal development of the enteric nervous system...
- Novel activating mutations in the neu proto-oncogene involved in induction of mammary tumorsP M Siegel
Institute for Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 14:7068-77. 1994Amplification of the Neu/c-erbB-2 receptor tyrosine kinase has been implicated as an important event in the genesis of human breast cancer...
- Differential expression of the erbB2 gene in the periimplantation mouse uterus: potential mediator of signaling by epidermal growth factor-like growth factorsH Lim
Department of Physiology, Ralph L Smith Research Center, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City 66160 7336, USA
Endocrinology 138:1328-37. 1997..epiregulin, and heregulins, whereas the receptor family (the erbB genes) consists of erbB1 (EGF-receptor, EGF-R), erbB2, erbB3, and erbB4...
- Rescue of the cardiac defect in ErbB2 mutant mice reveals essential roles of ErbB2 in peripheral nervous system developmentJ K Morris
The Salk Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Neuron 23:273-83. 1999b>ErbB2 receptor tyrosine kinase plays a role in neuregulin signaling and is expressed in the developing nervous system. We genetically rescued the cardiac defect of erbB2 null mutant embryos, which otherwise died at E11...
- ErbB2 is essential in the prevention of dilated cardiomyopathySteven A Crone
The Salk Institute, La Jolla, California, USA
Nat Med 8:459-65. 2002Amplification of the gene encoding the ErbB2 (Her2/neu) receptor tyrosine kinase is critical for the progression of several forms of breast cancer...
- Lack of ductal development in the absence of functional estrogen receptor alpha delays mammary tumor formation induced by transgenic expression of ErbB2/neuSylvia Curtis Hewitt
Receptor Biology Section, Laboratory of Reproductive and Developmental Toxicology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences NIH, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Cancer Res 62:2798-805. 2002Expression of the mouse mammary tumor virus (MMTV) neu/erbB2 transgene in mice induces mammary tumors...
- ErbB2 is required for ductal morphogenesis of the mammary glandAmy J Jackson-Fisher
Department of Pathology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8023, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:17138-43. 2004The ERBB2/HER2/NEU receptor tyrosine kinase gene is amplified in up to 30% of human breast cancers...
- Microanatomy of axon/glial signaling during Wallerian degenerationAmy D Guertin
Department of Biological Sciences, Rutgers University, Newark, New Jersey 07102, USA
J Neurosci 25:3478-87. 2005..We show a hitherto undetected rapid, but transient, activation of the receptor tyrosine kinase erbB2 in myelinating Schwann cells after sciatic nerve axotomy...
- The neurofibromatosis 2 protein, merlin, regulates glial cell growth in an ErbB2- and Src-dependent mannerS Sean Houshmandi
Department of Neurology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:1472-86. 2009..Next, we demonstrate that Src activation results from merlin regulation of ErbB2 activation and that genetic or pharmacologic ErbB2 inhibition reduces Nf2(-/-) glial cell Src/Src effector ..
- Molecular mechanism for SHP2 in promoting HER2-induced signaling and transformationXiangdong Zhou
Department of Biochemistry and The Marry Babb Randolph Cancer Center, West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia 26506, USA
J Biol Chem 284:12226-34. 2009The Src homology phosphotyrosyl phosphatase 2 (SHP2) plays a positive role in HER2-induced signaling and transformation, but its mechanism of action is poorly understood...
- Expression of the neu protooncogene in the mammary epithelium of transgenic mice induces metastatic diseaseC T Guy
Institute for Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 89:10578-82. 1992Overexpression and amplification of the neu (c-erbB2, ERBB2) protooncogene have been implicated in the development of aggressive human breast cancer...
- Stochastic appearance of mammary tumors in transgenic mice carrying the MMTV/c-neu oncogeneL Bouchard
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Institut de Recherches Cliniques de Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Cell 57:931-6. 1989Transgenic mice carrying the activated c-neu oncogene under the control of the mouse mammary tumor virus (MMTV) long terminal repeat were produced...
- Single-step induction of mammary adenocarcinoma in transgenic mice bearing the activated c-neu oncogeneW J Muller
Harvard Medical School Department of Genetics, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Cell 54:105-15. 1988We have used transgenic mice that carry an activated c-neu oncogene driven by a mouse mammary tumor virus (MMTV) promoter to assess the stepwise progression of carcinogenesis in mammary epithelium...
- Requirement for neuregulin receptor erbB2 in neural and cardiac developmentK F Lee
Clayton Foundation Laboratories for Peptide Biology, Salk Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Nature 378:394-8. 1995The receptor erbB2/neu is a member of the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR or erbB) family that also includes erbB3 and erbB4...
- Activated neu induces rapid tumor progressionC T Guy
Institute for Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
J Biol Chem 271:7673-8. 1996Expression of the activated neu oncogene in transgenic mice has been associated with both the synchronous (single-step) and the stochastic (multistep) transformation of the mammary epithelium...
- Synergistic interaction of the Neu proto-oncogene product and transforming growth factor alpha in the mammary epithelium of transgenic miceW J Muller
Institute for Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 16:5726-36. 1996Transgenic mice expressing either the neu proto-oncogene or transforming growth factor (TGF-alpha) in the mammary epithelium develop spontaneous focal mammary tumors that occur after a long latency...
- ErbB3 is required for normal cerebellar and cardiac development: a comparison with ErbB2-and heregulin-deficient miceS L Erickson
Department of Molecular Biology, Genetech Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Development 124:4999-5011. 1997..to ErbB3 and ErbB4 receptors, leading to multiple dimerization possibilities including heterodimerization with the ErbB2 receptor...
- erbB genes in the mouse uterus: cell-specific signaling by epidermal growth factor (EGF) family of growth factors during implantationH Lim
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, Ralph L Smith Research Center, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas, 66160 7338, USA
Dev Biol 204:97-110. 1998..spatiotemporal expression of various epidermal growth factor (EGF)-like ligands and receptor subtypes, ErbB1 and ErbB2, during the peri-implantation period...
- Elevated expression of activated forms of Neu/ErbB-2 and ErbB-3 are involved in the induction of mammary tumors in transgenic mice: implications for human breast cancerP M Siegel
Institute for Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L8S 4K1
EMBO J 18:2149-64. 1999To assess the importance of Neu activation during mammary tumorigenesis, altered receptors harboring in-frame deletions within the extracellular domain were expressed in transgenic mice...
- Impaired migration and delayed differentiation of pancreatic islet cells in mice lacking EGF-receptorsP J Miettinen
Department of Pathology and Transplantation Laboratory, The Haartman Institute, and Hospital for Children and Adolescents, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Development 127:2617-27. 2000..Upregulated PAI-1 production and decreased gelatinolytic activity correlated to this migration defect. An intact EGF-R pathway appears to be a prerequisite for normal pancreatic development...
- ERBIN: a basolateral PDZ protein that interacts with the mammalian ERBB2/HER2 receptorJ P Borg
U119 INSERM, Molecular Oncology, Marseille, France
Nat Cell Biol 2:407-14. 2000..We have identified a new PDZ protein we named ERBIN (ERBB2 interacting protein) that acts as an adaptor for the receptor ERBB2/HER2 in epithelia...
- Cancer cell motility--on the road from c-erbB-2 receptor steered signaling to actin reorganizationJulia C Feldner
Institut fur Klinische Chemie und Laboratoriumsmedizin, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat, Munster, Albert Schweitzer Strasse 33, Munster, 48149, Germany
Exp Cell Res 272:93-108. 2002..The complex picture of the mode of actin reorganization, which is involved in tumor cell migration, is slowly emerging from the mists of cellular signaling pathways, but this is still by no means a clear view...
- ErbB2 is required for muscle spindle and myoblast cell survivalEran R Andrechek
Institute for Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Department of Biology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 22:4714-22. 2002Signaling mediated by ErbB2 is thought to play a critical role in numerous developmental processes...
- Conditional mutation of the ErbB2 (HER2) receptor in cardiomyocytes leads to dilated cardiomyopathyCemil Ozcelik
Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Robert Rossle Strasse 10, 13125 Berlin, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:8880-5. 2002The ErbB2 (Her2) proto-oncogene encodes a receptor tyrosine kinase, which is frequently amplified and overexpressed in human tumors...
- Heart-valve mesenchyme formation is dependent on hyaluronan-augmented activation of ErbB2-ErbB3 receptorsTodd D Camenisch
College of Pharmacy and Steele Memorial Children s Research Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, USA
Nat Med 8:850-5. 2002..which normally lack mesenchyme formation, are rescued by heregulin treatment, which restores phosphorylation of ErbB2 and ErbB3...
- Neuregulin 1-erbB2 signaling is required for the establishment of radial glia and their transformation into astrocytes in cerebral cortexRalf S Schmid
University of North Carolina Neuroscience Center and Department of Cell and Molecular Physiology, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:4251-6. 2003..Down-regulation of expression and activity of erbB2, a member of the NRG-1 receptor complex, leads to the transformation of radial glial cells into astrocytes...
- Erbb2 regulates neuromuscular synapse formation and is essential for muscle spindle developmentMarco Leu
Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research, Maulbeerstr 66, 4058 Basel, Switzerland
Development 130:2291-301. 2003..To analyze the function of Erbb2 in this process, we have inactivated the Erbb2 gene in developing muscle fibers by Cre/Lox-mediated gene ablation...
- Functional genetic analysis of mouse chromosome 11Benjamin T Kile
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Nature 425:81-6. 2003..The mutations reveal new defects in haematopoiesis, craniofacial and cardiovascular development, and fertility...
- Axonal neuregulin-1 regulates myelin sheath thicknessGalin V Michailov
Department of Neurogenetics, Max Planck Institute of Experimental Medicine, 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Science 304:700-3. 2004..We suggest a model by which myelin-forming Schwann cells integrate axonal Nrg1 signals as a biochemical measure of axon size...
- Modulation of Erbb2 signaling during development: a threshold level of Erbb2 signaling is required for developmentRichard Chan
Institute for Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Department of Biology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario L8S 4K1, Canada
Development 131:5551-60. 2004We have generated a series of Erbb2 cDNA knock-in animals to explore the role of signaling pathways coupled to Erbb2 during development...
- Synapses form in skeletal muscles lacking neuregulin receptorsP Escher
Institute of Physiology, Biozentrum, University of Basel, 4056 Basel, Switzerland
Science 308:1920-3. 2005..Here, we demonstrate that NMJs can form in the absence of the NRG receptors ErbB2 and ErbB4 in mouse muscle. Postsynaptic differentiation is, however, induced by Agrin...
- Novel lethal mouse mutants produced in balancer chromosome screensKathryn E Hentges
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Gene Expr Patterns 6:653-65. 2006....
- Reinduction of ErbB2 in astrocytes promotes radial glial progenitor identity in adult cerebral cortexH T Ghashghaei
University of North Carolina Neuroscience Center and the Department of Cell and Molecular Physiology, The University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Genes Dev 21:3258-71. 2007..Here we show that the in vivo induction of the tyrosine kinase receptor, ErbB2, in mature astrocytes enables a subset of them to regain radial glial identity in the mature cerebral cortex...
- A central role for HER3 in HER2-amplified breast cancer: implications for targeted therapySi Tuen Lee-Hoeflich
Department of Pathology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Cancer Res 68:5878-87. 2008Epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) and HER3 each form heterodimers with HER2 and have independently been implicated as key coreceptors that drive HER2-amplified breast cancer...
- Transactivation of EGF receptor and ErbB2 protects intestinal epithelial cells from TNF-induced apoptosisToshimitsu Yamaoka
Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:11772-7. 2008..This study was undertaken to determine the effects of TNF on EGFR and ErbB2 activation and intestinal epithelial cell survival...
- Functionally reduced sensorimotor connections form with normal specificity despite abnormal muscle spindle development: the role of spindle-derived neurotrophin 3Neil A Shneider
Section on Developmental Neurobiology, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Neurosci 29:4719-35. 2009..in mice with abnormal spindle development caused by the conditional elimination of the neuregulin 1 receptor ErbB2 from muscle precursors...
- Discovery of candidate disease genes in ENU-induced mouse mutants by large-scale sequencing, including a splice-site mutation in nucleoredoxinMelissa K Boles
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
PLoS Genet 5:e1000759. 2009..Our data show that the classical positional mapping approach of disease mutation identification can be extended to large target regions using high-throughput sequencing...
- Somatic expression of PyMT or activated ErbB2 induces estrogen-independent mammary tumorigenesisMichael J Toneff
Lester and Sue Smith Breast Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Neoplasia 12:718-26. 2010..mimics the evolution of sporadic human breast cancers, mammary epithelial cells harboring PyMT or activated ErbB2 evolve into tumors independent of estrogen or other ovarian functions in contrast to previous observations of ..
- Heat shock factor Hsf1 cooperates with ErbB2 (Her2/Neu) protein to promote mammary tumorigenesis and metastasisCaixia Xi
Center for Molecular Chaperone Radiobiology and Cancer Virology, Cancer Center, Georgia Health Sciences University, Augusta, Georgia 30912, USA
J Biol Chem 287:35646-57. 2012ErbB2/Neu oncogene is overexpressed in 25% of invasive/metastatic breast cancers. We have found that deletion of heat shock factor Hsf1 in mice overexpressing ErbB2/Neu significantly reduces mammary tumorigenesis and metastasis...
- β-Catenin signaling is a critical event in ErbB2-mediated mammary tumor progressionBabette Schade
Goodman Cancer Centre, McGill Centre for Bioinformatics, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Cancer Res 73:4474-87. 2013Although ERBB2 amplification and overexpression is correlated with poor outcome in breast cancer, the molecular mechanisms underlying the aggressive nature of these tumors has not been fully elucidated...
- Mammary cells with active Wnt signaling resist ErbB2-induced tumorigenesisWen Bu
Lester and Sue Smith Breast Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, United States of America Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e78720. 2013..Surprisingly, we found that RCAS-mediated delivery of cDNA encoding a constitutively activated version of ErbB2 (HER2/Neu) into the small number of TVA+ mammary epithelial cells in TOP-tva mice failed to induce tumor, while ..
- The ErbB2 and ErbB3 receptors and their ligand, neuregulin-1, are essential for development of the sympathetic nervous systemS Britsch
Department of Medical Genetics, Max Delbruck Center MDC for Molecular Medicine, 13122 Berlin, Germany
Genes Dev 12:1825-36. 1998..Here, we report a novel phenotype in mice with targeted mutations in the erbB2, erbB3, or neuregulin-1 genes...
- Peripheral nervous system defects in erbB2 mutants following genetic rescue of heart developmentM T Woldeyesus
Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, 13092 Berlin, Germany
Genes Dev 13:2538-48. 1999The ErbB2 tyrosine kinase functions as coreceptor for the neuregulin receptors ErbB3 and ErbB4 and can participate in signaling of EGF receptor (ErbB1), interleukin receptor gp130, and G-protein coupled receptors...
- A dual role of erbB2 in myelination and in expansion of the schwann cell precursor poolA N Garratt
Max Delbrück Centrum for Molecular Medicine, 13125 Berlin, Germany
J Cell Biol 148:1035-46. 2000..axonally derived signal for the survival and growth of developing Schwann cells, which is transmitted by the ErbB2/ErbB3 receptor tyrosine kinases...
- Wnt-3, a gene activated by proviral insertion in mouse mammary tumors, is homologous to int-1/Wnt-1 and is normally expressed in mouse embryos and adult brainH Roelink
Division of Molecular Biology, Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 87:4519-23. 1990..The transcriptional unit of the Wnt-3 gene spans approximately 55 kb, with a first intron of 36 kb. The deduced amino acid sequence of the Wnt-3 protein is 47% identical to the int-1/Wnt-1 gene product...
- Expression of Brca1 is associated with terminal differentiation of ectodermally and mesodermally derived tissues in miceT F Lane
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Genes Dev 9:2712-22. 1995..In addition, increased transcription of mammary Brca1 during pregnancy might contribute, in part, to the reduced cancer risk associated with exposure to pregnancy and lactation...
- Mapping of the mouse Rar loci encoding retinoic acid receptors RAR alpha, RAR beta and RAR gammaM Taketo
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710
Jpn J Genet 68:175-84. 1993..Rara mapped to mChr 11, Rarb mapped to mChr 14, and Rarg mapped to mChr 15. The results are consistent with the previous reports and the human data in terms of syntenic homology between mouse and human chromosomes...
- NEUROD2 and NEUROD3 genes map to human chromosomes 17q12 and 5q23-q31 and mouse chromosomes 11 and 13, respectivelyR M Tamimi
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98104, USA
Genomics 40:355-7. 1997..NEUROD2 maps to human chromosome 17q12 and mouse chromosome 11. NEUROD3 maps to human chromosome 5q23-q31 and mouse chromosome 13...
- Erbb2 regulates inflammation and proliferation in the skin after ultraviolet irradiationJustin G Madson
Department of Biomedical Sciences, School of Medicine, Creighton University, 2500 California Plaza, Omaha, NE 68178, USA
Am J Pathol 169:1402-14. 2006..UV also activates the orphan receptor tyrosine kinase and proto-oncogene Erbb2 (HER2/neu)...
- Dynamic expression of Erbb pathway members during early mammary gland morphogenesisOlivia Wansbury
The Breakthrough Breast Cancer Research Centre, Institute of Cancer Research, London, UK
J Invest Dermatol 128:1009-21. 2008..The Neuregulin ligands, Nrg1, Nrg2, Nrg3, Nrg4 and the receptors, Erbb1, Erbb2, Erbb3, Erbb4, were expressed either at stages prior to morphological appearance of the mammary placode or from ..
- Neuregulin/ErbB regulate neuromuscular junction development by phosphorylation of α-dystrobrevinNadine Schmidt
Institute of Physiology, Department of Biomedicine, University of Basel, CH 4056, Basel, Switzerland
J Cell Biol 195:1171-84. 2011..Our data indicate that NRG/ErbB signaling maintains high efficacy of synaptic transmission by stabilizing the postsynaptic apparatus via phosphorylation of α-dystrobrevin1...
- Role of ErbB2 mediated AKT and MAPK pathway in gall bladder cell proliferation induced by argemone oil and butter yellow. Argemone oil and butter yellow induced gall bladder cell proliferationVivek Mishra
Food Drug and Chemical Toxicology Group, CSIR Indian Institute of Toxicology Research, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Post Box 80, Lucknow, 226 001, India
Cell Biol Toxicol 28:149-59. 2012..1 μl/ml) and BY (0.1 μg/ml) treatment to cells for 24 h. AO treatment caused phosphorylation of ErbB2, AKT, ERK, and JNK along with increased thymidine uptake indicating cell proliferation ability in GB cells...
- Multiorgan metastasis of human HER-2+ breast cancer in Rag2-/-;Il2rg-/- mice and treatment with PI3K inhibitorPatrizia Nanni
Section of Cancer Research, Department of Experimental Pathology, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
PLoS ONE 7:e39626. 2012....
- Concomitant targeting of tumor cells and induction of T-cell response synergizes to effectively inhibit trastuzumab-resistant breast cancerQingfei Wang
Department of Molecular and Cellular Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer Res 72:4417-28. 2012Trastuzumab is an iconic rationally designed targeted therapy for HER2-positive breast cancers. However, the low response rate and development of resistance call for novel approaches for the treatment of patients...
- Sh3tc2 deficiency affects neuregulin-1/ErbB signalingEstelle Arnaud Gouttenoire
Department of Medical Genetics, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Glia 61:1041-51. 2013..We demonstrated that Sh3tc2 interacts with ErbB2 and plays a role in the regulation of ErbB2 intracellular trafficking from the plasma membrane upon Nrg1 ..
- Myocilin mediates myelination in the peripheral nervous system through ErbB2/3 signalingHeung Sun Kwon
From the Section of Retinal Ganglion Cell Biology, Laboratory of Retinal Cell and Molecular Biology, and
J Biol Chem 288:26357-71. 2013..Myocilin signaling through ErbB2/3 receptors may contribute to these observed effects...
- Differential expression of neuregulin-1 isoforms and downregulation of erbin are associated with Erb B2 receptor activation in diabetic peripheral neuropathyPan Pan
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS, USA
Acta Neuropathol Commun 1:39. 2013..Since the effect of diabetes on the expression of NRG1 isoforms and erbin in peripheral nerve are unknown, the current study determined whether changes in NRG1 isoforms and erbin may be associated with altered Erb B2 signaling in DPN...
- Nf2/Merlin controls spinal cord neural progenitor function in a Rac1/ErbB2-dependent mannerCynthia Garcia
Department of Neurology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e97320. 2014..In this regard, medical therapies are unfortunately lacking due to an incomplete understanding of the critical growth control pathways that govern the function of spinal cord (SC) neural progenitor cells (NPCs)...
- Protein tyrosine kinase 6 promotes ERBB2-induced mammary gland tumorigenesis in the mouseM Peng
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Cell Death Dis 6:e1848. 2015Protein tyrosine kinase 6 (PTK6) expression, activation, and amplification of the PTK6 gene have been reported in ERBB2/HER2-positive mammary gland cancers...
- Loss of PTPN12 Stimulates Progression of ErbB2-Dependent Breast Cancer by Enhancing Cell Survival, Migration, and Epithelial-to-Mesenchymal TransitionJuan Li
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Clinical Research Institute of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 35:4069-82. 2015..breast cancer, through its capacity to dephosphorylate oncogenic receptor protein tyrosine kinases (PTKs), such as ErbB2. However, the precise molecular and cellular impact of PTPN12 deficiency in breast cancer progression remains to ..
- [Experimental study of c-erbB2 on the fertilization in mouse]Zhi Sheng Zhong
Department of Physiology, Jiangxi Medical College, Nanchang 330006, China
Zhongguo Ying Yong Sheng Li Xue Za Zhi 19:60-4. 2003The distribution of ErbB2 in mouse testis, epididymidis, ovaries, oocyte-cumulus cells-complexes in oviducts and sperms was investigated immunohistochemically...
- Treml4, an Ig superfamily member, mediates presentation of several antigens to T cells in vivo, including protective immunity to HER2 proteinHiroaki Hemmi
Laboratory of Cellular Physiology and Immunology, Christopher H Browne Center for Immunology and Immune Diseases, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10065, USA
J Immunol 188:1147-55. 2012..e., OVA, HIV GAGp24, and the extracellular domain of the breast cancer protein HER2). OVA directed to Treml4 was efficiently presented to CD8(+) and CD4(+) T cells in vivo...
- Susceptibility loci affecting ERBB2/neu-induced mammary tumorigenesis in miceLei Quan
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 51:631-43. 2012..ERBB2 tumorgenesis are unknown, in a genetic mapping project we crossed transgenic mice expressing the neu oncogene under control of MMTV promoter with recombinant congenic (RC) strains, which provided a high mapping power...
- HER-2/neu-mediated down-regulation of biglycan associated with altered growth propertiesChristian V Recktenwald
Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Institute of Medical Immunology, 06112 Halle Saale, Germany
J Biol Chem 287:24320-9. 2012..expression as well as an altered secretion of different Bgn isoforms was found both in murine and human HER-2/neu oncogene-transformed cells when compared with HER-2/neu(-) cells...
- Erg is a crucial regulator of endocardial-mesenchymal transformation during cardiac valve morphogenesisPreethi Vijayaraj
Division of Cardiology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Development 139:3973-85. 2012..We show that Erg is required for the maintenance of the core EnMT regulatory factors that include Snail1 and Snail2 by binding to their promoter and intronic regions...
- A comprehensive genetic map of murine chromosome 11 reveals extensive linkage conservation between mouse and humanA M Buchberg
Mammalian Genetics Laboratory, NCI Frederick Cancer Research Facility, Maryland 21701
Genetics 122:153-61. 1989....
- Synapse-associated expression of an acetylcholine receptor-inducing protein, ARIA/heregulin, and its putative receptors, ErbB2 and ErbB3, in developing mammalian muscleL M Moscoso
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Dev Biol 172:158-69. 1995..ARIA-responsive myotubes expressed both erbB2 and erbB3, but little EGFR/erbB1 or erbB4. In adults, erbB2 and erbB3 were localized to the postsynaptic membrane...
- Genetic mapping of the beta-arrestin 1 and 2 genes on mouse chromosomes 7 and 11 respectivelyS F Kingsmore
Department of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville 32610 0221, USA
Mamm Genome 6:306-7. 1995
- Novel RFLPs at protooncogene and cancer-related gene loci on mouse chromosomesJ Santos
Department of Pathology and Kaplan Cancer Center, New York University School of Medicine, NY 10016
Cytogenet Cell Genet 62:217-9. 1993DNA probes for the NRAS, HRAS, KRAS2, LCK, RAF1, MET, MYCL1, MYCN, MYB, ERBB2, FOS, CSF1R, and SRC protooncogene loci; the retinoblastoma gene locus (RB1); the tumor virus integration sites INT2, PVT1, and MLV12; and the locus of the ..
- Shc products are substrates of erbB-2 kinaseO Segatto
Laboratorio di Immunologia, Istituto Regina Elena, Italy
Oncogene 8:2105-12. 1993..Thus, Shc proteins may play a role in signal transduction by gp185erbB-2...
- Linking yeast genetics to mammalian genomes: identification and mapping of the human homolog of CDC27 via the expressed sequence tag (EST) data baseS Tugendreich
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 90:10031-5. 1993..Comprehensive cross-referencing of genes and mutant phenotypes described in humans, mice, and yeast should accelerate the study of normal eukaryotic biology and human disease states...
- Isolation of two novel WNT genes, WNT14 and WNT15, one of which (WNT15) is closely linked to WNT3 on human chromosome 17q21I Bergstein
Strang Cornell Cancer Research Laboratory, Cornell University Medical College, New York, New York 10021, USA
Genomics 46:450-8. 1997..We show that human WNT14 maps to chromosome 1 and that WNT15 maps distal to BRCA1 on chromosome 17q21, where it lies within 125 kb of another WNT family member, WNT3...
- Chromosomal mapping of five mouse G protein gamma subunitsG B Downes
Department of Anesthesiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, 63110, USA
Genomics 57:173-6. 1999..Combined with previous mapping studies, these data indicate that, with the possible exception of gamma1 and gamma11, the G protein gamma subunit genes are well dispersed within the mouse and human genomes...
- Serotonin 2B receptor is required for heart developmentC G Nebigil
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Université L Pasteur de Strasbourg, Illkirch, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:9508-13. 2000..This mutation provides a genetic model for cardiopathy and should facilitate studies of both the pathogenesis and therapy of cardiac disorders in humans...
- Gasdermin (Gsdm) localizing to mouse Chromosome 11 is predominantly expressed in upper gastrointestinal tract but significantly suppressed in human gastric cancer cellsN Saeki
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, University of the Ryukyus, Uehara 207, Nishihara, Okinawa 903 0215, Japan
Mamm Genome 11:718-24. 2000..These data suggest that the loss of the expression of the human homolog is required for the carcinogenesis of gastric tissue and that the gene has an activity adverse to malignant transformation of cells...
- Effect of melatonin and linolenic acid on mammary cancer in transgenic mice with c-neu breast cancer oncogeneG N Rao
Environmental Toxicology Program, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 64:287-96. 2000..NK model. Four-week-old hemizygous TG.NK female mice with MMTV/c-neu oncogene fed NTP-2000 diet were gavaged with 0.05-0...
- ErbB2/Neu-induced, cyclin D1-dependent transformation is accelerated in p27-haploinsufficient mammary epithelial cells but impaired in p27-null cellsRebecca S Muraoka
Department of Cancer Biology, Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:2204-19. 2002b>ErbB2/Neu destabilizes the cyclin-dependent kinase (Cdk) inhibitor p27 and increases expression of cyclin D1. Therefore, we studied the roles of p27 and cyclin D1 in ErbB2-mediated mammary epithelial cell transformation...
- Heparin-binding EGF-like growth factor and ErbB signaling is essential for heart functionRyo Iwamoto
Department of Cell Biology, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:3221-6. 2003..resembled those displayed by mice lacking EGFR, a receptor for HB-EGF, and by mice conditionally lacking ErbB2, respectively. HB-EGF-ErbB interactions in the heart were examined in vivo by administering HB-EGF to WT mice...
- Gene expression profiling of neu-induced mammary tumors from transgenic mice reveals genetic and morphological similarities to ErbB2-expressing human breast cancersEran R Andrechek
Institute for Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Department of Biology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada
Cancer Res 63:4920-6. 2003Numerous studies have shown that the overexpression and amplification of ErbB2/Neu are observed in 20-30% of patients afflicted with breast cancer...
- Negative regulation of HER2 signaling by the PEST-type protein-tyrosine phosphatase BDP1Miriam Gensler
Department of Molecular Biology, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Am Klopferspitz 18a, D 82152 Martinsried, Germany
J Biol Chem 279:12110-6. 2004..We investigated the role of the PEST-type protein-tyrosine phosphatase BDP1 in the regulation of HER2, a member of the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) family of RTKs...
- Germ-line expression of an oncogenic erbB2 allele confers resistance to erbB2-induced mammary tumorigenesisEran R Andrechek
Department of Biology, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada L85 4K1
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:4984-9. 2004We have previously shown that mammary epithelial specific expression of the activated erbB2 allele under the control of the endogenous promoter in mice resulted in the formation of mammary adenocarcinomas...
- Xenogeneic immunization in mice using HER2 DNA delivered by an adenoviral vectorPasquale Gallo
Molecular and Cell Biology Department, Istituto di Ricerche di Biologia Melecolare P Angeletti, Pomezia, Italy
Int J Cancer 113:67-77. 2005..with DNA encoding the HER2 oncogene was evaluated in BALB/c mice transgenic for the transforming form of the neu oncogene, which spontaneously develops carcinomas in all mammary glands...
- Convergent proliferative response and divergent morphogenic pathways induced by epicardial and endocardial signaling in fetal heart developmentJi One Kang
Institute for Genetic Medicine, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, IGM240, 2250 Alcazar St, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Mech Dev 122:57-65. 2005..We therefore conclude that epicardial and endocardial signals converge on common proliferative components, but diverge in downstream pathways that lead to compact vs. trabecular morphogenic differentiation...
- Laminin-1 and epidermal growth factor family members co-stimulate fetal pancreas cell proliferation and colony formationFang Xu Jiang
Autoimmunity and Transplantation Division, The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, 1G Royal Parade, Parkville 3050, Australia
Differentiation 73:45-9. 2005..5 pancreatic cells to proliferate and form cystoid and solid colonies. These results demonstrate that laminin-1 and EGF signaling pathways interact to promote pancreas development...
- Effect of N-cadherin misexpression by the mammary epithelium in miceKaren A Knudsen
Lankenau Institute for Medical Research, Wynnewood, Pennsylvania 19096, USA
J Cell Biochem 95:1093-107. 2005..To investigate N-cadherin misexpression in mammary tumors, neu was overexpressed through breeding...
- Antitumor activity of rapamycin in a transgenic mouse model of ErbB2-dependent human breast cancerMei Liu
Program in Signal Transduction Research, The Burnham Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Cancer Res 65:5325-36. 2005The ErbB2 (Neu) receptor tyrosine kinase is frequently overexpressed in human breast cancers, and this phenotype correlates with a poor clinical prognosis...
- FAK signaling is critical for ErbB-2/ErbB-3 receptor cooperation for oncogenic transformation and invasionNaciba Benlimame
Department of Medicine, Lady Davis Institute of the Sir Mortimer B Davis Jewish General Hospital, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3T 1E2, Canada
J Cell Biol 171:505-16. 2005..This colocalization requires intact FAK. In summary, distinct FAK signaling has an essential function in ErbB-induced oncogenesis and invasiveness...
- Defining a link with autosomal-dominant polycystic kidney disease in mice with congenitally low expression of Pkd1Si Tse Jiang
Institute of Molecular Biology, Academia Sinica, Nankang, Taipei 11529, Taiwan
Am J Pathol 168:205-20. 2006..Abnormalities in Na(+)/K(+)-ATPase, aquaporin-2, and vasopressin V2 receptor expression were also identified. This mouse model may be suitable for further studies of progression and therapeutic interventions of ADPKD...
- Prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia and adenocarcinoma in mice expressing a probasin-Neu oncogenic transgeneZhe Li
Department of Genetics and Development, Genome Center and Institute for Cancer Genetics, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Carcinogenesis 27:1054-67. 2006NEU (ERBB2) and other members of the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) family have been implicated in human prostate cancer (CAP) development and progression to an androgen-independent state, but the extent of involvement and ..
- Ganglioside GM(3) is stably associated to tyrosine-phosphorylated ErbB2/EGFR receptor complexes and EGFR monomers, but not to ErbB2Simona Milani
Institute of General Physiology and Biological Chemistry, University of Milan, Via Trentacoste 2 20134, Milan, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1771:873-8. 2007..Recently, we demonstrated the functional relationship between ErbB2 and ganglioside GM(3) in HC11 epithelial cell line...
- Altered trophoblast proliferation is insufficient to account for placental dysfunction in Egfr null embryosJ Dackor
Department of Genetics, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Placenta 28:1211-8. 2007..Immunohistochemical analysis of ERBB family receptors, ERBB2, ERBB3, and ERBB4, showed similar expression between Egfr wildtype and null placentas indicating that Egfr null ..
- Phosphatase and tensin homologue deleted on chromosome 10 deficiency accelerates tumor induction in a mouse model of ErbB-2 mammary tumorigenesisNathalie Dourdin
Molecular Oncology Group, McGill University Health Center, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Cancer Res 68:2122-31. 2008....
- The nuclear receptor coactivator amplified in breast cancer-1 is required for Neu (ErbB2/HER2) activation, signaling, and mammary tumorigenesis in miceMark P Fereshteh
Departments of Oncology and Pharmacology, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University, Washington, District of Columbia, USA
Cancer Res 68:3697-706. 2008..In breast cancer, high levels of AIB1/SRC-3 and the growth factor receptor HER2/neu predict resistance to endocrine therapy and poor outcome...
- Suppression of the negative regulator LRIG1 contributes to ErbB2 overexpression in breast cancerJamie K Miller
School of Medicine, Davis Cancer Center, University of California at Davis, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
Cancer Res 68:8286-94. 2008The ErbB2 receptor tyrosine kinase is overexpressed in approximately 25% of breast tumors and contributes to poor patient prognosis and therapeutic resistance...
- HER2YVMA drives rapid development of adenosquamous lung tumors in mice that are sensitive to BIBW2992 and rapamycin combination therapySamanthi A Perera
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:474-9. 2009Mutations in the HER2 kinase domain have been identified in human clinical lung cancer specimens...
- Neuregulin signaling is dispensable for NMDA- and GABA(A)-receptor expression in the cerebellum in vivoN Gajendran
Institute of Physiology, Department of Biomedicine, Biozentrum, University of Basel, CH 4056 Basel, Switzerland
J Neurosci 29:2404-13. 2009..To this end, we used the Cre/loxP system to genetically ablate the NRG receptors ErbB2 and ErbB4 selectively in these cells, thus eliminating all NRG-mediated signaling to them...
- PTEN deficiency in a luminal ErbB-2 mouse model results in dramatic acceleration of mammary tumorigenesis and metastasisBabette Schade
Goodman Cancer Center, McGill University, Canada
J Biol Chem 284:19018-26. 2009....
- Inhibition of eIF2alpha dephosphorylation inhibits ErbB2-induced deregulation of mammary acinar morphogenesisSharon J Sequeira
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology and Oncology, Tisch Cancer Institute at Mount Sinai, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, USA
BMC Cell Biol 10:64. 2009The ErbB2/Her2/Neu receptor tyrosine kinase is amplified in approximately 30% of human breast cancers...
- Identification and characterization of a HER-2/neu epitope as a potential target for cancer immunotherapyEftychia Lekka
Cancer Immunology and Immunotherapy Center, Saint Savas Cancer Hospital, Athens, Greece
Cancer Immunol Immunother 59:715-27. 2010..epitope, encompassing amino acids 828-836 (residues QIAKGMSYL), which is naturally presented by various HER-2/neu (+) tumor cell lines...
- MECHANISMS OF NEUROTROPHIN RECEPTOR CROSSTALKRICK DOBROWSKY; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies will determine if compartmentalization of the receptors into CRDs is in fact necessary, and if the CRD content of cholesterol and sphingomyelin affects the localization of Trk to CRDs, and compromises signaling. ..
- REGULATION OF P75NTR SIGNALING IN CAVEOLAERICK DOBROWSKY; Fiscal Year: 2003..The expected outcome of these studies is that we will provide important and novel information relevant to our understanding of signal transduction pathways operative in neurodegenerative processes. ..
- Oxidative Stress and the Mitochondrial Proteome in Diabetic NeuropathyRICK DOBROWSKY; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- DEVELOPMENTAL CONTROL OF CYTOKERATIN EXPRESSIONRobert Oshima; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- ETS TRANSCRIPTION FACTORS IN DEVELOPMENT AND CANCERRobert Oshima; Fiscal Year: 2004..trophoblast stem cell differentiation, 2. normal epidermal and mammary gland development; and 3. ErbB2 induced mammary tumors and epidermal neoplasms...
- Int5/Aromatase Effect of Breast Estrogen in NeoplasiaRAJESHWAR TEKMAL; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- An Ets2 dependent stromal restriction of breast cancerRobert Oshima; Fiscal Year: 2007..in mediating VEGF signaling will be tested genetically by generating transgenic mice expressing an activated Neu/ErbB2 gene, transgenic VEGF and one or two copies of a mutant form of Ets2...
- Discovery and characterization of breast cancer genesJohn Hodgson; Fiscal Year: 2008unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Over expression of the receptor tyrosine kinase ERBB2 is important in breast cancer development. Inhibitors of ERBB2 signaling (e.g...
- Novel Therapeutic Strategies for PKDPatricia Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- CSF-1 and c-fms and the Early Endometriotic LesionRajeshwar Rao Tekmal; Fiscal Year: 2010....