Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Eno1
Description: enolase 1, alpha non-neuron
Alias: 0610008I15, AL022784, Eno-1, MBP-1, alpha-enolase, 2-phospho-D-glycerate hydro-lyase, 2-phospho-D-glycerate hydrolase, NNE, c-Myc promoter binding protein, non-neural enolase
- Plasminogen/plasmin regulates alpha-enolase expression through the MEK/ERK pathwayLirlandia P Sousa
Grupo de Transdução de Sinal, Departamento de Microbiologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, 31270 901 Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 337:1065-71. 2005..Altogether, our data show that Plg/Pla regulates alpha-ENO expression through the MEK/ERK pathway...
- Histone H2B as a functionally important plasminogen receptor on macrophagesRiku Das
Joseph J Jacobs Center for Thrombosis and Vascular Biology, Department of Molecular Cardiology, Cleveland Clinic, OH, USA
Blood 110:3763-72. 2007..Taken together, these data suggest that multiple Plg-Rs do contribute to Plg binding to macrophages, and among these, H2B plays a very prominent and functionally important role...
- Plasmin generation dependent on alpha-enolase-type plasminogen receptor is required for myogenesisRoser Lopez-Alemany
Institut de Recerca Oncològia, Centre d Oncologia Molecular, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Thromb Haemost 90:724-33. 2003..This study constitutes the first indication of alpha-enolase-type plasminogen receptor as an important component of skeletal myogenesis, by concentrating and enhancing plasmin generation on the cell surface...
- α-Enolase expressed on the surfaces of monocytes and macrophages induces robust synovial inflammation in rheumatoid arthritisSeyeon Bae
Department of Anatomy, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul 110 799, Republic of Korea
J Immunol 189:365-72. 2012Enolase (ENO1) is a multifunctional glycolytic enzyme expressed abundantly in the cytosol. It has been implicated in autoimmune and inflammatory diseases. Serum Abs against ENO1 were reported in rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Metabolic alterations derived from absence of Two-Pore Channel 1 at cardiac levelVanessa García-Rúa
Cellular and Molecular Cardiology Research Unit and Department of Cardiology, Institute of Biomedical Research and University Clinical Hospital, 15706, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
J Biosci 41:643-658. 2016..Our results are the first to suggest a potential role for TPCNs in cardiac metabolism regulation...
- Disruption of a spermatogenic cell-specific mouse enolase 4 (eno4) gene causes sperm structural defects and male infertilityNoriko Nakamura
Gamete Biology Group, Laboratory of Reproductive and Developmental Toxicology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Biol Reprod 88:90. 2013..The Gm5506 gene encodes a protein identical to ENO1 and also is transcribed at a low level in testis...
- Glomerular autoimmune multicomponents of human lupus nephritis in vivo: α-enolase and annexin AIMaurizio Bruschi
Laboratory on Pathophysiology of Uremia
J Am Soc Nephrol 25:2483-98. 2014..These data show a multiantibody composition in LN, where IgG2 autoantibodies against α-enolase and annexin AI predominate in the glomerulus and can be detected in serum. ..
- N-terminal region of myelin basic protein reduces fibrillar amyloid-β deposition in Tg-5xFAD miceMing Hsuan Ou-Yang
Department of Neurosurgery, Health Sciences Center, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY, USA
Neurobiol Aging 36:801-11. 2015..The current findings support previous studies showing that MBP1 inhibits Aβ fibril formation in vitro and demonstrate the ability of MBP1 to reduce Aβ pathology and improve behavioral performance. ..
- Alpha-enolase is upregulated on the cell surface and responds to plasminogen activation in mice expressing a ∆133p53α mimicSonal Sawhney
Wakefield Biomedical Research Unit, University of Otago, Wellington, New Zealand
PLoS ONE 10:e0116270. 2015....
- Enolase is regulated by Liver X ReceptorsHugues de Boussac
Université Clermont Auvergne, Universite Blaise Pascal, Génétique Reproduction et Développement, BP 10448, F63000 Clermont Ferrand, France CNRS, UMR 6293, GReD, F 63177 Aubiere, France INSERM, UMR 1103, GReD, F 63177 Aubiere, France Centre de Recherche en Nutrition Humaine d Auvergne, F 63000 Clermont Ferrand, France
Steroids 99:266-71. 2015..This effect is lost in Lxrαβ-/- mice. In aggregate, our study identified Enolase as a new target of LXRs in vivo, which may promote cholesterol mobilization for subsequent efflux. ..
- A gain-of-function mutation in Tnni2 impeded bone development through increasing Hif3a expression in DA2B miceXiaoquan Zhu
Key Laboratory of Geriatrics, Beijing Hospital and Beijing Institute of Geriatrics, Ministry of Health, Beijing, China National Institute of Biological Sciences NIBS, Beijing, China
PLoS Genet 10:e1004589. 2014....
- Prophylactic Injection of Recombinant Alpha-Enolase Reduces Arthritis Severity in the Collagen-Induced Arthritis Mice ModelClément Guillou
INSERM, U905, Rouen, France Normandy University, Institute for Research and Innovation in Biomedicine IRIB, Rouen, France
PLoS ONE 10:e0136359. 2015To evaluate the ability of the glycolytic enzyme alpha-enolase (ENO1) or its immunodominant peptide (pEP1) to reduce the severity of CIA in DBA/1 mice when injected in a prophylactic way.
- Enolase 1 (ENO1) and protein disulfide-isomerase associated 3 (PDIA3) regulate Wnt/β-catenin-driven trans-differentiation of murine alveolar epithelial cellsKathrin Mutze
Comprehensive Pneumology Center CPC, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, University Hospital, Ludwig Maximilians University, 81377 Munich, Member of the German Center for Lung Research DZL, Germany
Dis Model Mech 8:877-90. 2015..of cultured ATII cells revealed a reduction of carbonyl reductase 2 (CBR2) and an increase in enolase 1 (ENO1) and protein disulfide-isomerase associated 3 (PDIA3) protein expression during ATII-to-ATI cell trans-..
- Requirement of plasminogen binding to its cell-surface receptor α-enolase for efficient regeneration of normal and dystrophic skeletal muscleAngels Diaz-Ramos
IDIBELL Institut d Investigacions Biomèdiques de Bellvitge, Biological Clues of the Invasive and Metastatic Phenotype Research Group, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
PLoS ONE 7:e50477. 2012..These results demonstrate the novel requirement of α-enolase for restoring homeostasis of injured muscle tissue, by controlling the pericellular localization of plasmin activity...
- Alix protein is substrate of Ozz-E3 ligase and modulates actin remodeling in skeletal muscleAntonella Bongiovanni
Institute of Biomedicine and Molecular Immunology, National Research Council, 90146 Palermo, Italy
J Biol Chem 287:12159-71. 2012..These findings suggest that the Ozz-E3 ligase regulates Alix at sites where the actin cytoskeleton undergoes remodeling...
- The long noncoding RNA Six3OS acts in trans to regulate retinal development by modulating Six3 activityNicole A Rapicavoli
Department of Neuroscience, Neurology and Ophthalmology, Center for High Throughput Biology and Institute for Cell Engineering, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Neural Dev 6:32. 2011..Thousands of different long non-coding RNAs are expressed during embryonic development, but the function of these molecules remains largely unexplored...
- Enolase 1 and calreticulin regulate the differentiation and function of mouse mast cellsSu Youn Ryu
Department of Pharmacology and Samsung Biomedical Research Institute, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Suwon, South Korea
Cell Signal 24:60-70. 2012..The data suggest that enolase 1 and calreticulin are important proteins in regulating the differentiation and functions of BMMCs...
- Src kinase activity is essential for osteoclast functionTsuyoshi Miyazaki
Department of Cell Biology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
J Biol Chem 279:17660-6. 2004....
- The proto-oncogene product p120(cbl) links c-Src and phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase to the integrin signaling pathwayM Ojaniemi
La Jolla Cancer Research Center, The Burnham Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 272:3780-7. 1997..These observations suggest that Cbl serves as a docking protein and may transduce signals to downstream signaling pathways following integrin-mediated cell adhesion in macrophages...
- Leukocyte antigen-related protein tyrosine phosphatase negatively regulates hydrogen peroxide-induced vascular smooth muscle cell apoptosisJuxiang Li
Department of Medicine, Carolina Cardiovascular Biology Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7126, USA
J Biol Chem 283:34260-72. 2008..Together, these data indicate that LAR regulates Fyn/JAK2/STAT3 and Fyn/p38 MAPK pathways involved in ROS-induced apoptosis...
- Identifying the molecular phenotype of renal progenitor cellsGrant A Challen
Institute for Molecular Bioscience, Queensland Bioscience Precinct, 306 Carmody Road, The University of Queensland, St Lucia, Brisbane, QLD, 4072, Australia
J Am Soc Nephrol 15:2344-57. 2004..These findings may assist in the isolation and characterization of potential renal stem cells for use in cellular therapies for kidney disease...
- FSCB, a novel protein kinase A-phosphorylated calcium-binding protein, is a CABYR-binding partner involved in late steps of fibrous sheath biogenesisYan feng Li
Center for Research in Contraceptive and Reproductive Health, Department of Cell Biology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Biol Chem 282:34104-19. 2007..Due to its temporal appearance during spermiogenesis and location at the cortex of the fibrous sheath, FSCB is postulated to be involved in the later stages of fibrous sheath assembly...
- HUPO BPP pilot study: a proteomics analysis of the mouse brain of different developmental stagesJing Wang
Department of Neurobiology, Beijing Institute of Radiation Medicine, State Key Laboratory of Proteomics, Beijing, China
Proteomics 7:4008-15. 2007..These data are helpful for understanding the proteome changes in the development of the mouse brain...
- Acetylcholinesterase-R increases germ cell apoptosis but enhances sperm motilityI Mor
The Silberman Institute of Life Sciences, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem, Israel
J Cell Mol Med 12:479-95. 2008..Interchanging interactions with RACK1 and enolase-alpha may hence enable AChE-R to affect both sperm differentiation and function by participating in independent cellular pathways...
- Proteomic-based detection of a protein cluster dysregulated during cardiovascular development identifies biomarkers of congenital heart defectsAnjali K Nath
Department of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e4221. 2009..However, the molecular pathways that underlie these structural defects in humans remain largely unknown hindering the development of molecular-based diagnostic tools and novel therapies...
- MBP-1 suppresses growth and metastasis of gastric cancer cells through COX-2Kai Wen Hsu
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Mol Biol Cell 20:5127-37. 2009..Taken together, these results suggest that MBP-1-suppressed COX-2 expression plays an important role in the inhibition of growth and progression of gastric cancer...
- Jagged1 in the portal vein mesenchyme regulates intrahepatic bile duct development: insights into Alagille syndromeJennifer J Hofmann
Molecular Biology Institute, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Development 137:4061-72. 2010..These findings uncover the cellular basis for the defining feature of AGS, identify mesenchymal Jag1-dependent and -independent stages of duct development, and provide mechanistic information for the role of Jag1 in IHBD formation...
- Syntenic assignment of human chromosome 1 homologous loci in the bovineD S Threadgill
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, Texas A and M University, College Station 77843
Genomics 22:626-30. 1994..AT3, REN, CR2, and GNB1 mapped to BTA 16, PFKM to BTA 5, AMY1A and NRAS to BTA 3, FGR and FUCA1 to BTA 2, and ACTA1 to BTA 28...
- Conservation of autosomal gene synteny groups in mouse and manP A Lalley
Nature 274:160-3. 1978
- Assignment of the gene for enolase to mouse chromosome 4 using somatic cell hybridsG G D'Ancona
Cytogenet Cell Genet 19:1-6. 1977..Data obtained indicate that the locus for enolase is on chromosome 4 in the mouse...
- Modulation of embryonic and muscle-specific enolase gene products in the developing mouse hindlimbM Lucas
Biochimie Cellulaire, CNRS URA 1115, College de France, Paris
Differentiation 51:1-7. 1992..Quantitative immunoblotting analyses carried out in parallel show that the enolase isozymic transition is mainly controlled at the mRNA level.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Activation of the gene encoding the glycolytic enzyme beta-enolase during early myogenesis precedes an increased expression during fetal muscle developmentA Keller
Laboratoire de Biochimie Cellulaire, CNRS URA 1115, College de France, Paris
Mech Dev 38:41-54. 1992..The regulation of this muscle-specific gene in somites is discussed in terms of the myogenic sequences of the MyoD family shown to be present when it is activated...
- Genetic mapping of meander tail, a mouse mutation affecting cerebellar developmentC Fletcher
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021
Genomics 9:647-55. 1991..This linkage map provides the means to evaluate candidate genes, and to identify tightly linked markers useful for cloning the meander tail locus...
- Differential expression of muscle-specific enolase in embryonic and fetal myogenic cells during mouse developmentG Barbieri
Istituto di Biologia dello Sviluppo Consiglio Nazionale Delle Ricerche, Roma, Italy
Differentiation 45:179-84. 1990....
- Nucleotide sequences of cDNAs alpha and gamma enolase mRNAs from mouse brainM Kaghad
Laboratoire de Biologie Moleculaire, Sanofi Elf Bio Recherches, Labege, France
Nucleic Acids Res 18:3638. 1990
- Isolation of murine neuron-specific and non-neuronal enolase cDNA clonesM Lazar
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 141:271-7. 1986..The noncoding sequences for neuron-specific gamma mRNA (about 1300 bases) are therefore longer than those of the non-nervous tissue specific alpha mRNA (about 600 bases)...
- Gene mapping in the Chinese hamster and conservation of syntenic groups and Q-band homologies between Chinese hamster and mouse chromosomesH Satoh
Cytogenet Cell Genet 39:285-91. 1985..the 15 loci, three genes, HK1, PEPC, and SORD, were newly assigned to chromosomes 1, 5, and 6, respectively, while ENO1, PGD, and PGM1 were assigned to the long arm of chromosome 2, in the segment 2q113----qter...
- The Chinese hamster gene map. Assignment of four genes (DTS, PGM2, 6PGD, EnoI) to chromosome 2M Roberts
Exp Cell Res 127:47-54. 1980
- Confirmational, provisional, and/or regional assignment of 15 enzyme loci onto Chinese hamster autosomes 1, 2, and 7R L Stallings
Somatic Cell Genet 7:683-98. 1981..The assignments provide markers for the study of the genetic consequences of chromosomal rearrangements in Chinese hamster cell lines and support the concept of conservation of mammalian autosomal linkage groups...
- Proteomic identification of the TRAF6 regulation of vacuolar ATPase for osteoclast functionJiyoon Ryu
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Dental Research Institute, College of Dentistry, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
Proteomics 5:4152-60. 2005..Our study identified V-ATPase as a TRAF6-binding protein using a proteomics strategy and proved a direct link between these two important molecules for osteoclast function...
- Linkage relationships between ALPL, ENO1, GPI, PGD, and TGFB1 on porcine chromosome 6P A Clamp
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign
Genomics 17:324-9. 1993..map has been established between the loci encoding liver/bone/kidney alkaline phosphatase (ALPL), enolase 1-alpha (ENO1), glucose-phosphate isomerase (GPI), phosphogluconate dehydrogenase (PGD), and transforming growth factor beta 1 (..
- A gene affecting Wallerian nerve degeneration maps distally on mouse chromosome 4M F Lyon
Medical Research Council Radiobiology Unit, Didcot, Oxon, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 90:9717-20. 1993..71 +/- 0.50 cM-(Eno-1, D4Mit33)-1.4 +/- 0.70 cM-D4Mit42-2.5 +/- 0.93 cM-D4Smh6b. The information on the position of the Wld locus should be valuable in further characterization of this gene involved in nerve degeneration and regeneration...
- Cholesteryl ester loading of mouse peritoneal macrophages is associated with changes in the expression or modification of specific cellular proteins, including increase in an alpha-enolase isoformL A Bottalico
Department of Medicine, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032
Arterioscler Thromb 13:264-75. 1993..In conclusion, macrophage foam cell formation is associated with distinct changes in protein expression, including a marked increase in an isoform of alpha-enolase, suggesting a specific biological adaptation to CE loading...
- Differential gene expression during early murine yolk sac developmentJ Palis
University of Rochester, Department of Pediatrics, New York, USA
Mol Reprod Dev 42:19-27. 1995..These results are consistent with the hypothesis that at E7.5, the yolk sac endoderm provides differentiated liver-like functions, while the newly developing extraembryonic mesoderm is still a largely undifferentiated tissue...
- Assignment of the mouse sterol carrier protein gene (Scp2) to chromosome 4C L Welch
Department of Medicine, 47 123 Center for the Health Sciences, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095 1679, USA
Mamm Genome 7:624-5. 1996
- Biochemical characterization of the mouse muscle-specific enolase: developmental changes in electrophoretic variants and selective binding to other proteinsT Merkulova
Biochimie Cellulaire, CNRS UPR 9065, College de France, 11 place Marcelin Berthelot, 75231 Paris Cedex 05, France
Biochem J 323:791-800. 1997..Such a specific targeting could be modulated by post-translational modifications...
- Disruption of murine alpha-enolase by a retroviral gene trap results in early embryonic lethalityC Couldrey
Department of Physiology, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
Dev Dyn 212:284-92. 1998..Mutations of this gene in humans are reported to be associated with rare autosomal-dominant, non-spherocytic haemolytic anaemia. This phenotype is not reproduced in mice heterozygous for this mutation...
- Fibre-type distribution and subcellular localisation of alpha and beta enolase in mouse striated muscleA Keller
CNRS, College de France, Paris
Biol Cell 92:527-35. 2000..Our results support the notion that isozymes differ in their ability to interact with other macromolecules, thus segregating to different subcellular sites where they would respond to specific functional demands...
- Crystal structure of SEDL and its implications for a genetic disease spondyloepiphyseal dysplasia tardaSe Bok Jang
National Creative Research Initiative Center for Biomolecular Recognition and the Department of Life Science, Pohang University of Science and Technology, Pohang, Kyungbuk 790 784, Korea
J Biol Chem 277:49863-9. 2002....
- Homologous genes for enolase, phosphogluconate dehydrogenase, phosphoglucomutase, and adenylate kinase are syntenic on mouse chromosome 4 and human chromosome 1pP A Lalley
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 75:2382-6. 1978..Identification of such conserved regions will contribute to our understanding of the evolution of the mammalian genome and could suggest gene location by homology mapping...
- Alpha-enolase plasminogen receptor in myogenesisRoser Lopez-Alemany
Institut de Recerca Oncologica, Centre d Oncologia Molecular, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Front Biosci 10:30-6. 2005..In particular, the expression of alpha-enolase plasminogen receptor may serve to concentrate and enhance plasmin generation on the cell surface of migratory myoblasts contributing to efficient muscle repair...