Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Egf
Description: epidermal growth factor
Alias: AI790464, pro-epidermal growth factor, Pro-epidermal growth factor precursor (EGF)
Publications124 found, 100 shown here
- Stimulatory effect of epidermal growth factor on the development of mouse early embryos in vitroT M Kuo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
Endocrinol Jpn 38:485-90. 1991Effects of epidermal growth factor (EGF) on the development of mouse 2-cell embryos cultured in vitro were investigated. The addition of EGF at a concentration of 0...
- Assessment of transcript polyadenylation by 3' RACE: the response of epidermal growth factor messenger ribonucleic acid to thyroid hormone in the thyroid and submaxillary glandsL G Sheflin
Buffalo Veterans Affairs Medical Center, New York 14215, USA
Endocrinology 136:5666-76. 1995The complementary DNA (cDNA) sequence of epidermal growth factor (EGF) indicates that its 3' untranslated region (3' UTR) is 745 bases long, with polyadenylation occurring at residue 4749...
- Neurotrophic actions of a novel molluscan epidermal growth factorP M Hermann
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Neuroscience Research Group, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, T2N 4N1 Canada
J Neurosci 20:6355-64. 2000The mammalian epidermal growth factor (EGF) is expressed in the developing and adult CNS, and it has been implicated in the control of cell proliferation, differentiation, and neurotrophic events...
- Teratogenicity of 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD) in mice lacking the expression of EGF and/or TGF-alphaP L Bryant
Environmental Sciences and Engineering Department, School of Public Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Toxicol Sci 62:103-14. 2001..These responses are correlated with disruption of expression of epidermal growth factor (EGF) receptor ligands, primarily EGF and transforming growth factor-alpha (TGF-alpha), and altered epithelial cell ..
- Microglial stimulation of glioblastoma invasion involves epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) and colony stimulating factor 1 receptor (CSF-1R) signalingSalvatore J Coniglio
Department of Anatomy and Structural Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Mol Med 18:519-27. 2012..cells were found to constitutively secrete CSF-1, the levels of which were unaffected by epidermal growth factor (EGF) stimulation, EGFR inhibition or coculture with microglia...
- EGR-1 activation by EGF inhibits MMP-9 expression and lymphoma growthFrédéric Bouchard
Institut National de la Recherche Scientifique Institut Armand Frappier, Universite du Quebec, Laval, QC
Blood 116:759-66. 2010..that EGR-1 expression is induced in stromal cells after contact with lymphoma cells via epidermal growth factor (EGF)...
- MAPK/ERK and Wnt/β-Catenin pathways are synergistically involved in proliferation of Sca-1 positive hepatic progenitor cellsCaixia Jin
Department of Surgery, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC, United States
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 409:803-7. 2011..Epidermal growth factor (EGF) supplementation shows a significant increase in Sca-1(+) HPC proliferation and colony formation while stimulating ..
- Chromosomal location of Evi-1, a common site of ecotropic viral integration in AKXD murine myeloid tumorsM L Mucenski
NCI Frederick Cancer Research Facility, BRI Basic Research Program, Maryland 21701
Oncogene Res 2:219-33. 1988..The chromosomal location of the proto-oncogene Nras, and two growth factors, epidermal growth factor (Egf), and the beta subunit of nerve growth factor (Ngfb), which had previously been assigned to Chromosome 3 by somatic ..
- The ERK-1/2 signaling pathway is involved in the stimulation of branching morphogenesis of fetal mouse submandibular glands by EGFM Kashimata
Department of Pharmacology, Meikai University, Saitama, Sakado, Japan
Dev Biol 220:183-96. 2000We have previously reported that epidermal growth factor (EGF) stimulates branching morphogenesis of the fetal mouse submandibular gland (SMG) (M. Kashimata and E. W. Gresik, 1997, Dev. Dyn...
- Retroviral insertions in the CB-1/Fim-3 common site of integration activate expression of the Evi-1 geneC Bartholomew
Department of Biochemistry, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38101
Oncogene 4:529-34. 1989..These results demonstrate that the CB-1/Fim-3 and Evi-1 loci constitute a large genomic region in which viral integrations activate the transcription of a new potential myeloid transforming gene...
- Definition of mouse chromosome 1 and 3 gene linkage groups that are conserved on human chromosome 1: evidence that a conserved linkage group spans the centromere of human chromosome 1W S Moseley
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710
Genomics 5:899-905. 1989..These studies provide a model for examination of specific evolutionary events...
- Murine VCAM-1. Molecular cloning, mapping, and analysis of a truncated formA G Kumar
Department of Internal Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030
J Immunol 153:4088-98. 1994..Thus, expression of VCAM-1 is restricted and controlled at the level of transcription and by alternative splicing...
- Messenger ribonucleic acid for transforming growth factor-alpha, but not for epidermal growth factor, is expressed in fetal and neonatal mouse brainJ Yeh
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115
Am J Obstet Gynecol 167:242-5. 1992....
- Lactogenic hormones increase epidermal growth factor messenger RNA content of mouse mammary glandsS E Fenton
Endocrinology Reproductive Physiology Program, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53706
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 181:1063-9. 1991Epidermal growth factor (EGF) is known to stimulate mammary epithelial proliferation, has been identified in milk and is expressed in lactating mammary epithelia. This study examined hormonal control of EGF mRNA in mammary glands of mice...
- Mouse prepro-epidermal growth factor synthesis by the kidney and other tissuesL B Rall
Nature 313:228-31. 1985Epidermal growth factor (EGF), a protein comprising 53 amino acids, is derived from a precursor of 1,217 amino acids that includes at least seven EGF-like sequences...
- Epidermal growth factor. Location of disulfide bondsC R Savage
J Biol Chem 248:7669-72. 1973
- Detection of epidermal growth factor-urogastrone and its receptor during fetal mouse developmentE Nexø
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 77:2782-5. 1980..and a radioreceptor assay, we have estimated the content of mouse epidermal growth factor-urogastrone (EGF-URO) in fetal mice at 11(1/2) to 17(1/2) days of gestation...
- Murine epidermal growth factor: heterogeneity on high resolution ion-exchange chromatographyA W Burgess
EMBO J 2:2065-9. 1983We have shown that epidermal growth factor (EGF) purified either by the classical method of Savage and Cohen, or solely by h.p.l.c. techniques can be resolved into two species, EGF alpha and EGF beta...
- Altering the expression of cell surface beta 1,4-galactosyltransferase modulates cell growthD A Hinton
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
Exp Cell Res 219:640-9. 1995..Evidence is presented suggesting that surface GalTase interacts with the epidermal growth factor (EGF) receptor, as suggested by others...
- Cloned multipotential precursors from the mouse cerebrum require FGF-2, whereas glial restricted precursors are stimulated with either FGF-2 or EGFT J Kilpatrick
Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Parkville, Melbourne, Australia
J Neurosci 15:3653-61. 1995Fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF-2) and epidermal growth factor (EGF) have both been reported to stimulate precursors in the developing CNS...
- Effects of epidermal growth factor on the growth and differentiation of cultured mouse ovarian folliclesN I Boland
Department of Physiology, University Medical School, Edinburgh, UK
J Reprod Fertil 101:369-74. 1994The aim of this investigation was to determine the influence of epidermal growth factor (EGF) on follicular growth and steroidogenesis in mice...
- An inborn error in epidermal growth factor prohormone metabolism in a mouse model of autosomal recessive polycystic kidney diseaseJ Lakshmanan
Department of Pediatrics, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance 90509
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 196:892-901. 1993The C57BL/6J CPK heterozygous breeders secrete in urine a variant EGF-prohormone with a molecular mass of 154 kDa in addition to the normal 165 kDa EGF-prohormone...
- The distribution of epidermal growth factor binding sites in the developing mouse palateC L Brunet
Department of Cell and Structural Biology, University of Manchester, United Kingdom
Int J Dev Biol 37:451-8. 1993The distribution of epidermal growth factor (EGF) receptors in the developing mouse palate was mapped using 125I-EGF labeling of paired palate organ cultures...
- Expression of alternatively spliced epidermal growth factor-like domains in aggrecans of different species. Evidence for a novel moduleC Fulop
Department of Biochemistry, Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612
J Biol Chem 268:17377-83. 1993..domain of human aggrecan has been shown previously to contain an alternatively spliced epidermal growth factor (EGF)-like module...
- Transforming growth factor beta 1-induced delay of cell cycle progression and its association with growth-related gene expression in mouse fibroblastsT A Kim
Department of Biochemistry, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263
Cancer Lett 71:125-32. 1993TGF beta-induced cell cycle progression is relatively slower than that induced by EGF or PDGF-BB. Further, TGF beta delays EGF or PDGF-induced 5-phase entry in C3H 10T1/2 mouse fibroblasts...
- The mouse BP-1 gene: structure, chromosomal localization, and regulation of expression by type I interferons and interleukin-7J Wang
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Alabama at Birmingham 35294, USA
Genomics 33:167-76. 1996..This finding indicates that the upregulated BP-1 expression can be disassociated from the cell growth signal...
- The epidermal growth factor receptor couples transforming growth factor-alpha, heparin-binding epidermal growth factor-like factor, and amphiregulin to Neu, ErbB-3, and ErbB-4D J Riese
Department of Pathology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8023, USA
J Biol Chem 271:20047-52. 1996The epidermal growth factor (EGF) family hormones amphiregulin (AR), transforming growth factor-alpha (TGF-alpha), and heparin-binding EGF-like growth factor (HB-EGF) are thought to play significant roles in the genesis or progression of ..
- Mutation in Sos1 dominantly enhances a weak allele of the EGFR, demonstrating a requirement for Sos1 in EGFR signaling and developmentD Z Wang
Trescowthick Research Laboratories, Peter MacCallum Cancer Institute, East Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Genes Dev 11:309-20. 1997..fibroblasts showed reduced mitogen-activated protein kinase activation in response to epidermal growth factor (EGF)...
- MEK kinases are regulated by EGF and selectively interact with Rac/Cdc42G R Fanger
Division of Basic Sciences, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, Denver, CO 80206, USA
EMBO J 16:4961-72. 1997..MEKK1 and 2 were activated by EGF, and kinase-inactive mutants of each MEKK partially inhibited EGF-stimulated JNK activity...
- The LKLF transcription factor is required for normal tunica media formation and blood vessel stabilization during murine embryogenesisC T Kuo
Committee on Genetics, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Genes Dev 11:2996-3006. 1997..Therefore, LKLF defines a novel transcriptional pathway in which endothelial cells regulate the assembly of the vascular tunica media and concomitant vessel wall stabilization during mammalian embryogenesis...
- Specificity within the EGF family/ErbB receptor family signaling networkD J Riese
Department of Pathology, Yale University, New Haven, CT, USA
Bioessays 20:41-8. 1998Recent years have witnessed tremendous growth in the epidermal growth factor (EGF) family of peptide growth factors and the ErbB family of tyrosine kinases, the receptors for these factors...
- Mice mutant for Egfr and Shp2 have defective cardiac semilunar valvulogenesisB Chen
Cancer Biology Program, Hematology Oncology Division, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Genet 24:296-9. 2000....
- EGF converts transit-amplifying neurogenic precursors in the adult brain into multipotent stem cellsFiona Doetsch
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, 16 Divinity Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Neuron 36:1021-34. 2002..SVZ cells exposed to EGF in culture grow to form neurospheres that are multipotent and self-renewing...
- Synergistic suppression of apoptosis in salivary acinar cells by IGF1 and EGFK H Limesand
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Cell Death Differ 10:345-55. 2003..IGF1 also suppressed apoptosis induced by taxol and brefeldin A. EGF was unable to suppress apoptosis induced by etoposide, but was able to synergize with IGF1 to further suppress ..
- EGF-stimulated signaling by means of PI3K, PLCgamma1, and PKC isozymes regulates branching morphogenesis of the fetal mouse submandibular glandNoriko Koyama
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomical Sciences, The Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education, The City University of New York Medical School, New York, New York 10031, USA
Dev Dyn 227:216-26. 2003Branching morphogenesis of fetal mouse submandibular glands (SMGs) partly depends on the epidermal growth factor (EGF) receptor that triggers at least three intracellular signaling pathways involving (1) the mitogen-activated protein ..
- Epidermal growth factor inhibition of c-Myc-mediated apoptosis through Akt and Erk involves Bcl-xL upregulation in mammary epithelial cellsDanica Ramljak
Department of Oncology, Lombardi Cancer Center, Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Exp Cell Res 287:397-410. 2003..Our findings may be of importance for understanding the emerging role of Bcl-x(L) as a potential marker of poor prognosis in breast cancer...
- Hes binding to STAT3 mediates crosstalk between Notch and JAK-STAT signallingSachiko Kamakura
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, University of Tokyo, 1 1 1 Yayoi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0032, Japan
Nat Cell Biol 6:547-54. 2004..These results suggest that direct protein-protein interactions coordinate cross-talk between the Notch-Hes and JAK-STAT pathways...
- A major quantitative trait locus on mouse chromosome 3 is involved in disease susceptibility in different colitis modelsMichelle E A Borm
Department of Immunogenetics, Vrije Universiteit Medical Center, Van der Boechorststraat 7, 1081 BT Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Gastroenterology 128:74-85. 2005..Disease expression differs markedly between inbred strains of mice, indicating genetic control of disease susceptibility. We performed a genome-wide screen to localize the chromosomal regions regulating disease expression...
- Growth of intestinal epithelium in organ culture is dependent on EGF signallingHelen E Abud
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Royal Melbourne Hospital, PO Box 2008, Parkville, Victoria 3050, Australia
Exp Cell Res 303:252-62. 2005..This demonstrates an essential role for the EGF signalling pathway during the early stages of intestinal development.
- Localization of am3 using EL congenic mouse strainsT Shimizu
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Nihon University School of Dentistry at Matsudo, 2 870 1 Sakaecho nishi, Chiba 271 8587, Japan
J Dent Res 84:315-9. 2005..These results confine the am3 locus to an approximately 4.4-cM region, and demonstrate that other unmapped genes are also involved in the absence of M3 in EL/Sea mice...
- HB-EGF decelerates cell proliferation synergistically with TGFalpha in perinatal distal lung developmentSeigo Minami
Department of Cell Biology, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
Dev Dyn 237:247-58. 2008Heparin-binding epidermal growth factor-like growth factor (HB-EGF) is a member of the EGF family of growth factors that is suggested to be involved in distal lung development...
- Differential signalling pathways for EGF versus PDGF activation of Erk1/2 MAP kinase and cell proliferation in brown pre-adipocytesTherese E Holmström
Department of Physiology, The Wenner Gren Institute, The Arrhenius Laboratories F3, Stockholm University, SE 106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
Exp Cell Res 314:3581-92. 2008..In primary cultures of mouse brown pre-adipocytes, both EGF (epidermal growth factor) and PDGF (platelet-derived growth factor) induced Erk1/2 activation...
- Tyrosine phosphorylation of Grb2: role in prolactin/epidermal growth factor cross talk in mammary epithelial cell growth and differentiationEric Haines
Hormones and Cancer Research Unit, Department of Medicine, McGill University, Royal Victoria Hospital, 687 Pine Avenue West, Montreal, Quebec H3A 1A1, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 29:2505-20. 2009..talk mechanism(s) downstream of prolactin (PRL), a primary differentiation hormone, and epidermal growth factor (EGF), an important proliferative factor, in mammary epithelial cell growth and differentiation...
- Inhibition of ERK1/2 and activation of liver X receptor synergistically induce macrophage ABCA1 expression and cholesterol effluxXiaoye Zhou
Colleges of Life Sciences, Nankai University, Tianjin 300071, China
J Biol Chem 285:6316-26. 2010..However, inhibition of ERK1/2 and activation of LXR synergistically induced macrophage cholesterol efflux and ABCA1 expression. Our data suggest that ERK1/2 activity can play an important role in macrophage cholesterol trafficking...
- Involvement of beta1-integrin up-regulation in basic fibroblast growth factor- and epidermal growth factor-induced proliferation of mouse neuroepithelial cellsYusuke Suzuki
Institute of Molecular Medicine and Genetics and Institute of Neuroscience, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912, USA
J Biol Chem 285:18443-51. 2010In neural stem cells, basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) and epidermal growth factor (EGF) promote cell proliferation and self-renewal...
- IL-6 amplifier, NF-κB-triggered positive feedback for IL-6 signaling, in grafts is involved in allogeneic rejection responsesJihye Lee
Laboratory of Developmental Immunology, Japan Science and Technology Agency Core Research for Engineering, Science, and Technology, Graduate School of Frontier Biosciences, Osaka University, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Immunol 189:1928-36. 2012..From these results, we consider whether the IL-6 amplifier in grafts might be a valuable therapeutic target for the prevention of transplant rejection, including chronic rejection...
- Long-term estradiol exposure is a direct mitogen for insulin/EGF-primed endometrial cells and drives PTEN loss-induced hyperplasic growthNuria Eritja
Oncologic Pathology Group, Department of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Lleida, University Hospital Arnau de Vilanova, Lleida Institute for Biomedical Research IRBLleida, Lleida, Spain
Am J Pathol 183:277-87. 2013..between loss of PTEN, growth factors [eg, insulin/insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-1], epidermal growth factor (EGF), and hyperestrogenism in the development of endometrial carcinoma is still controversial...
- Epidermal growth factor receptor signaling-dependent calcium elevation in cumulus cells is required for NPR2 inhibition and meiotic resumption in mouse oocytesYakun Wang
State Key Laboratory of Agrobiotechnology, College of Biological Science, China Agricultural University, 100193 Beijing, People s Republic of China
Endocrinology 154:3401-9. 2013..We investigated the regulatory mechanism of LH-activated epidermal growth factor (EGF) receptor signaling on NPR2 function...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1 signaling facilitates gastric ulcer healing and angiogenesis through the upregulation of epidermal growth factor expression on VEGFR1+CXCR4 + cells recruited from bone marrowTakehito Sato
Department of Pharmacology, Kitasato University School of Medicine, 1 15 1 Kitasato, Minami, Sagamihara, Kanagawa, 252 0374, Japan
J Gastroenterol 49:455-69. 2014..Recent results suggest that vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1 (VEGFR1), which binds to VEGF, promotes angiogenesis. In the present study, we investigated the role of VEGFR1 signaling in gastric ulcer healing and angiogenesis...
- Epidermal growth factor enhances androgen receptor‑mediated bladder cancer progression and invasion via potentiation of AR transactivationTeng Fu Hsieh
Sex Hormone Research Center and Graduate Institute of Clinical Medical Science, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung 404, Taiwan, R O C
Oncol Rep 30:2917-22. 2013..Epidermal growth factor (EGF), a key player in BCa progression, has been demonstrated to be able to potentiate AR transactivation in prostate ..
- EGFR signaling blunts allergen-induced IL-6 production and Th17 responses in the skin and attenuates development and relapse of atopic dermatitisZhonghua Zhang
Division of Asthma Research, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center and Department of Pediatrics, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45229
J Immunol 192:859-66. 2014Despite the important role for epidermal growth factor (EGF) in epithelial homeostasis and wound healing, it has not been investigated in atopic dermatitis (AD). We used AD animal models to explore the role of EGF in AD...
- Ocular surface disease and dacryoadenitis in aging C57BL/6 miceAndrew J McClellan
Department of Ophthalmology, Ocular Surface Center, Cullen Eye Institute, Houston, Texas
Am J Pathol 184:631-43. 2014..Taken together, our results indicate that age-related autoimmunity contributes to development of DED with aging. ..
- EGF is required for cardiac differentiation of P19CL6 cells through interaction with GATA-4 in a time- and dose-dependent mannerCai Xia Ma
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Zhengzhou University, Ke Xue Da Dao 100, Zhengzhou, 450001, Henan, China
Cell Mol Life Sci 72:2005-22. 2015..Here, we have identified a GATA-4 target, EGF, which is essential for cardiogenesis and regulates cardiac differentiation in a dose- and time-dependent manner...
- Induction of forkhead box M1 (FoxM1) by EGF through ERK signaling pathway promotes trophoblast cell invasionYunpeng Xie
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Dalian Medical University, 116044, Dalian, Liaoning, People s Republic of China
Cell Tissue Res 362:421-30. 2015..However, little is known about the roles of FoxM1 in the invasion of EVT cells. EGF, as a growth factor (epidermal growth factor), has been studied extensively in reproduction...
- VIP and growth factors in the infected corneaXiaoyu Jiang
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:6154-61. 2011..However, whether VIP treatment modulates growth factors to promote healing in the infected cornea remains untested and is the purpose of this study...
- EGF stimulates Müller glial proliferation via a BMP-dependent mechanismYumi Ueki
Department of Biological Structure, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Glia 61:778-89. 2013..Among these stimuli, EGF is known to be a potent mitogen for Müller glia...
- ROS production as a common mechanism of ENaC regulation by EGF, insulin, and IGF-1Daria V Ilatovskaya
Medical College of Wisconsin, Dept of Physiology, 8701 Watertown Plank Rd, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 304:C102-11. 2013..ENaC activity is acutely upregulated by epidermal growth factor (EGF), insulin, and insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1)...
- Colocalization of transforming growth factor-alpha and a functional epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) to the inner cell mass and preferential localization of the EGFR on the basolateral surface of the trophectoderm in the mouse blastocystA Dardik
Department of Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104
Dev Biol 154:396-409. 1992Results of previous studies suggested that responses of mouse blastocysts to TGF-alpha/EGF treatment are mediated by EGF receptors (EGFR) located on the apical surface of the trophectoderm (TE)...
- Reduced level of epidermal growth factor in the skeletal muscle of mice with muscular dystrophyM Hiramatsu
Department of Dental Pharmacology, Meikai University School of Dentistry, Saitama, Japan
Horm Metab Res 24:138-9. 1992
- Solution structure of murine epidermal growth factor determined by NMR spectroscopy and refined by energy minimization with restraintsG T Montelione
Center for Advanced Biotechnology and Medicine, Rutgers University, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854 5635
Biochemistry 31:236-49. 1992..the present structure refinement (which we have deposited in the Brookhaven Protein Data Bank) are important data for understanding the structures of EGF-like proteins and for further detailed comparisons of these structures with mEGF.
- Localization of epidermal growth factor precursor in tooth and lung during embryonic mouse developmentM L Snead
Department of Basic Sciences Biochemistry, University of Southern California, Los Angeles 90089 0191
Dev Biol 134:420-9. 1989The murine epidermal growth factor (EGF) precursor is a 1217 amino acid protein which contains mature EGF (amino acid residues 977-1029) as well as eight EGF-like repeats...
- Epidermal growth factor-like transforming growth factor. II. Interaction with epidermal growth factor receptors in human placenta membranes and A431 cellsJ Massague
J Biol Chem 258:13614-20. 1983..properties of native eTGF has been prepared to characterize the interaction of eTGF with epidermal growth factor (EGF) membrane receptors...
- Structure of a mouse submaxillary messenger RNA encoding epidermal growth factor and seven related proteinsJ Scott
Science 221:236-40. 1983The structure of the messenger RNA (mRNA) encoding the precursor to mouse submaxillary epidermal growth factor (EGF) was determined from the sequence of a set of overlapping complementary DNA's (cDNA)...
- Heparin-binding EGF-like growth factor: characterization of rat and mouse cDNA clones, protein domain conservation across species, and transcript expression in tissuesJ A Abraham
Scios Nova Inc, Mountain View, CA 94043
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 190:125-33. 1993Clones were obtained that encode the rat and mouse forms of heparin-binding EGF-like growth factor (HB-EGF), a potent mitogen for smooth muscle cells, fibroblasts and keratinocytes that is proposed to be derived from a transmembrane ..
- Ontogenesis and distribution of epidermal growth factor immunoreactivity and binding activity in the mouse fetal and neonatal tissuesH Shigeta
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yokohama City University School of Medicine, Japan
Endocr J 40:641-7. 1993Epidermal growth factor (EGF) immunoreactivity, EGF binding activity, and their ontogenic changes were investigated in placenta, amnion, and various organs of mouse fetus and neonate...
- Interdependence of epidermal growth factor and insulin-like growth factor-I expression in the mouse uterusV Hana
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Endocrinology 135:107-12. 1994Both epidermal growth factor (EGF) and insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) have been implicated as paracrine mediators of estrogen action in the rodent uterus...
- EGF abrogation-induced fusilli-form dysmorphogenesis of Meckel's cartilage during embryonic mouse mandibular morphogenesis in vitroL Shum
Center for Craniofacial Molecular Biology, School of Dentistry, University of Southern California, Los Angeles 94143 0640
Development 118:903-17. 1993Mutations associated with genes of the EGF superfamily are implicated in facial malformations arising from abnormal development of the first branchial arch...
- Growth factors and their receptors in developmentE D Adamson
La Jolla Cancer Research Foundation, California 92037
Dev Genet 14:159-64. 1993
- Effect of thyroid hormone on epidermal growth factor gene expression in mouse submandibular glandM Fujieda
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Nagoya University, Japan
Endocrinology 132:121-5. 1993Epidermal growth factor (EGF) in mouse submandibular gland (SMG) is synthesized in the granular convoluted tubular (GCT) cells. The synthesis of EGF in SMG has been shown to be increased by thyroid hormone...
- Epidermal growth factor and platelet-derived growth factor regulate the activity of the insulin-like growth factor I gene promoterS Li
Jefferson Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Exp Gerontol 31:195-206. 1996..We have now investigated the activity of the IGF-I promoter, in response to stimulation of cells by either PDGF or EGF. Both growth factors stimulate the activity of the IGF-I promoter, indicating that they regulate the levels of ..
- Immunohistochemical studies on the expression and estrogen dependency of EGF and its receptor and C-fos proto-oncogene in the uterus and vagina of normal and neonatally estrogen-treated miceL Falck
Department of Anatomy, University of Lund, Sweden
Anat Rec 245:459-71. 1996..g., EGF) and proto-oncogenes (e.g., c-fos)...
- Glucocorticoids, tumor necrosis factor-alpha, and epidermal growth factor regulation of pulmonary morphogenesis: a multivariate in vitro analysis of their related actionsM Melnick
Laboratory for Developmental Genetics, University of Southern California, Los Angeles 90089 0641, USA
Dev Dyn 205:365-78. 1996..5-E12) cultured under defined conditions in the presence of single or combined CORT, TNF-alpha, and EGF supplementation...
- Physiological coupling of growth factor and steroid receptor signaling pathways: estrogen receptor knockout mice lack estrogen-like response to epidermal growth factorS W Curtis
Receptor Biology Section, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:12626-30. 1996Past studies have shown that epidermal growth factor (EGF) is able to mimic the uterotropic effects of estrogen in the rodent...
- Cell proliferation and expression of EGF, TGF-alpha, and EGF receptor in the developing primary palateA Iamaroon
Department of Clinical Dental Sciences, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
J Dent Res 75:1534-9. 1996Growth factors such as epidermal growth factor (EGF) and transforming growth factor-alpha (TGF-alpha) play an important role in cell proliferation during embryogenesis...
- Epidermal growth factor and epidermal growth factor-receptor expression in the mouse dental follicle during tooth eruptionB Shroff
Department of Orthodontics, Dental School, UMAB 21201, USA
Arch Oral Biol 41:613-7. 1996When the role of exogenous epidermal growth factor (EGF) during tooth eruption was first demonstrated it was strongly suggested that EGF was a natural regulator of eruption...
- Characterization of the mouse epidermal growth factor promoter and 5'-flanking region. Role for an atypical TATA sequenceS E Fenton
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7295, USA
J Biol Chem 271:30870-8. 1996..toward delineating mechanisms that regulate its activity, we have characterized the mouse epidermal growth factor (EGF) promoter...
- Epidermal growth factor system is a physiological regulator of development of the mouse fetal submandibular gland and regulates expression of the alpha6-integrin subunitM Kashimata
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomical Sciences, City University of New York Medical School, New York, New York 10031, USA
Dev Dyn 208:149-61. 1997Epidermal growth factor (EGF) and transforming growth factor-alpha (TGF-alpha) regulate branching morphogenesis of fetal mouse submandibular gland (SMG) rudiments in vitro...
- Effects of epidermal growth factor on preimplantation mouse embryosA Terada
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Mie University School of Medicine, Japan
J Assist Reprod Genet 14:404-11. 1997Our purpose was to clarify the effects of epidermal growth factor (EGF) on mouse preimplantation embryos.
- Control of neuronal precursor proliferation in the cerebellum by Sonic HedgehogR J Wechsler-Reya
Department of Developmental Biology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Stanford University School of Medicine, California 94305, USA
Neuron 22:103-14. 1999..Blocking Shh function in vivo dramatically reduces GCP proliferation. These findings provide insight into the mechanisms of normal growth and tumorigenesis in the cerebellum...
- Submandibular gland morphogenesis: stage-specific expression of TGF-alpha/EGF, IGF, TGF-beta, TNF, and IL-6 signal transduction in normal embryonic mice and the phenotypic effects of TGF-beta2, TGF-beta3, and EGF-r null mutationsT Jaskoll
Laboratory for Developmental Genetics, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, 90089, USA
Anat Rec 256:252-68. 1999..We report here the protein expression in embryonic SMGs of four signal transduction pathways: TGF-alpha/EGF/EGF-R; IGF-II/IGF-IR/IGF-IIR; TGF-betas and cognate receptors; TNF, IL-6, and cognate receptors...
- Involvement of heparin-binding EGF-like growth factor and its processing by metalloproteinases in early epithelial morphogenesis of the submandibular glandY Umeda
Department of Biology, Graduate School of Science, Osaka University, Toyonaka 560 0043, Japan
Dev Biol 237:202-11. 2001In the present study, the role of a member of the epidermal growth factor (EGF) family, heparin-binding EGF-like growth factor (HB-EGF), in organ development was investigated by using developing mouse submandibular gland (SMG), in which ..
- Pro-inflammatory cytokines tumor necrosis factor alpha and interleukin-6 and survival factor epidermal growth factor positively regulate the murine GSTA4 enzyme in hepatocytesFabienne Desmots
INSERM U456, Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite de Rennes I, 35043 Rennes Cedex, France
J Biol Chem 277:17892-900. 2002..cultured hepatocytes by tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNFalpha), interleukin-6 (IL-6), and epidermal growth factor (EGF), factors that play crucial roles in hepatocyte survival and proliferation during liver regeneration...
- Activation of m-calpain (calpain II) by epidermal growth factor is limited by protein kinase A phosphorylation of m-calpainHidenori Shiraha
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:2716-27. 2002..protein 10, monokine induced by gamma interferon, and platelet factor 4 inhibit epidermal growth factor (EGF)-induced m-calpain activation and thereby EGF-induced fibroblast cell motility (H. Shiraha, A. Glading, K...
- Protein kinase C-alpha and protein kinase C-epsilon are required for Grb2-associated binder-1 tyrosine phosphorylation in response to platelet-derived growth factorYuji Saito
Center for Cardiovascular Research, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Biol Chem 277:23216-22. 2002..It is a substrate for the insulin receptor as well as the epidermal growth factor (EGF) receptor and other receptor-tyrosine kinases...
- Growth factor engineering by degenerate homoduplex gene family recombinationWayne M Coco
Enchira Biotechnology Corporation, 4200 Research Forest Drive, The Woodlands, TX 77381, USA
Nat Biotechnol 20:1246-50. 2002..of "top-strand" oligonucleotides incorporating polymorphisms from mammalian genes encoding epidermal growth factor (EGF) using multiple polymorphic "scaffold" oligonucleotides. Top strands were then linked by gap filling and ligation...
- Epidermal growth factor as a biologic switch in hair growth cycleKingston K L Mak
Department of Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Faculty of Medicine Building, 21 Sassoon Road, Hong Kong
J Biol Chem 278:26120-6. 2003..We propose that epidermal growth factor functions as a biologic switch that is turned on and off in hair follicles at the beginning and end of the anagen phase of the hair cycle, guarding the entry to and exit from the anagen phase...
- Divergence of epidermal growth factor - transforming growth factor beta signaling in embryonic orofacial tissueVasker Bhattacherjee
University of Louisville Birth Defects Center, Department of Molecular, Cellular and Craniofacial Biology, University of Louisville School of Dentistry, Louisville, Kentucky 40292, USA
In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim 39:257-61. 2003The epidermal growth factor (EGF) and transforming growth factor beta (TGFbeta) families of signaling molecules play a major role in growth and development of embryos...
- Epidermal growth factor increases coactivation of the androgen receptor in recurrent prostate cancerChristopher W Gregory
Laboratories for Reproductive Biology, Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 27599 7500, USA
J Biol Chem 279:7119-30. 2004..In this report, we show that epidermal growth factor (EGF) increases androgen-dependent AR transactivation in the recurrent prostate cancer cell line CWR-R1 through a ..
- G-protein-coupled receptor-mediated activation of rap GTPases: characterization of a novel Galphai regulated pathwayJacques T Weissman
ACADIA Pharmaceuticals Inc, 3911 Sorrento Valley Blvd, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Oncogene 23:241-9. 2004..A constitutively active mutant of Galphai2 also mediated Ras/rap-dependent responses. These data indicate that GPCRs coupled to pertussis-toxin-sensitive G-proteins activate Rap through a Galpha subunit, C3G, and Src-dependent pathway...
- Immunohistochemical study of genesis of the mouse oral vestibuleShunji Kumabe
Department of Oral Anatomy, Osaka Dental University, 8 1, Kuzuhahanazono cho, Hirakata shi, Osaka 573 1121, Japan
Okajimas Folia Anat Jpn 80:93-102. 2003..The following results were obtained: 1) EGF, TGFalpha, EGFR, PCNA, FGF2, pRb, and FGFR1-4 were immunolocalized in the developing tissues...
- Mechanotransduction through growth-factor shedding into the extracellular spaceDaniel J Tschumperlin
Physiology Program, Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 429:83-6. 2004....
- The sequential cleavage of membrane anchored pro-EGF requires a membrane serine protease other than kallikrein in rat kidneySylvain M Le Gall
Institut de Biochimie et Biophysique Moléculaire et Cellulaire CNRS UMR 8619, Université Paris XI Bât 430, 91405 Orsay Cedex, France
Regul Pept 122:119-29. 2004Epidermal growth factor (EGF) is present in kidney membranes as an integral type I precursor protein, enzymatically processed to release immunoreactive materials in urine or incubation medium...
- Suppressor of cytokine signalling-2 and epidermal growth factor regulate neurite outgrowth of cortical neuronsYona Goldshmit
Neural Regeneration Laboratory, Centre for Neuroscience, The University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria 3010, Australia
Eur J Neurosci 20:2260-6. 2004..regulator of cytokine signalling, suppressor of cytokine signalling-2 (SOCS2) and epidermal growth factor (EGF), both of which are expressed in the cortical plate during neural development, promote neurite outgrowth of ..
- Suppressor of cytokine signaling (SOCS)-5 is a potential negative regulator of epidermal growth factor signalingSandra E Nicholson
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Cooperative Research Centre for Cellular Growth Factors, Parkville, Victoria 3052, Australia
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:2328-33. 2005..the ability of SOCS-5 to negatively regulate signaling cascades downstream of the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGF-R) has been examined by using an EGF-responsive cell line engineered to constitutively express the EGF-R and SOCS-5 ..
- Epidermal growth factor potentiates renal cell death in hydronephrotic neonatal mice, but cell survival in ratsSusan C Kiley
Department of Pediatrics, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Kidney Int 68:504-14. 2005Epidermal growth factor (EGF) markedly attenuates tubular apoptosis induced by unilateral ureteral obstruction (UUO) in the neonatal rat, and reduces apoptosis induced by mechanical stretch of cultured rat tubular cells.
- Defining a link with autosomal-dominant polycystic kidney disease in mice with congenitally low expression of Pkd1Si Tse Jiang
Institute of Molecular Biology, Academia Sinica, Nankang, Taipei 11529, Taiwan
Am J Pathol 168:205-20. 2006..Abnormalities in Na(+)/K(+)-ATPase, aquaporin-2, and vasopressin V2 receptor expression were also identified. This mouse model may be suitable for further studies of progression and therapeutic interventions of ADPKD...
- The kinases MSK1 and MSK2 are required for epidermal growth factor-induced, but not tumor necrosis factor-induced, histone H3 Ser10 phosphorylationElizabeth A Duncan
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 27599, USA
J Biol Chem 281:12521-5. 2006..In this work, we have shown that MSK1/2 are required for epidermal growth factor (EGF)-induced, but not tumor necrosis factor-induced, histone H3-Ser10 phosphorylation, both globally and at specific ..
- Binding of epidermal growth factor and transforming growth factor-alpha in mammalian preimplantation embryosB Fischer
Department of Animal Health and Biomedical Sciences, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Theriogenology 41:879-87. 1994..of the pig (Days 11 to 15), cow (Days 14 to 16), sheep (Day 14) and pony (Day 16) bind epidermal growth factor (EGF) specifically. Binding was not detected in embryos of the rabbit at Day 5 or 6 or the hamster at Day 3...
- SGIP1alpha is an endocytic protein that directly interacts with phospholipids and Eps15Akiyoshi Uezu
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kumamoto University, 1 1 1 Honjo, Kumamoto 860 8556, Japan
J Biol Chem 282:26481-9. 2007..SGIP1alpha was colocalized with Eps15 and the AP-2 complex. Upon epidermal growth factor (EGF) stimulation, SGIP1alpha was colocalized with EGF at the plasma membrane, indicating the localization of SGIP1alpha ..
- EGF antagonizes TGF-beta-induced tropoelastin expression in lung fibroblasts via stabilization of Smad corepressor TGIFShenghong Yang
Department of Biochemistry, Boston University School of Medicine, 715 Albany St, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 295:L143-51. 2008..tropoelastin mRNA levels in lung fibroblasts through transactivation of the epidermal growth factor (EGF) receptor (EGFR)/Mek/Erk pathway, which is dependent on the NE-initiated release of soluble EGFR ligands...
- Palmitoylation of the EGF receptor impairs signal transduction and abolishes high-affinity ligand bindingJennifer L Macdonald-Obermann
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 South Euclid Avenue, Box 8231, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Biochemistry 48:2505-13. 2009The intracellular juxtamembrane domain of the EGF receptor has been shown to be involved in the stimulation of the receptor's tyrosine kinase activity...
- ERBB REGULATION OF BREAST DEVELOPMENT AND TUMORIGENESIDavid Lee; Fiscal Year: 2004..Finally, his development of knockout mice lacking several EGFR ligands (amphiregulin (AR), TGF-alpha, EGF) individually or in combination established roles for ERBB signaling in mammary gland development and function...
- Lipid Rafts and Cell FunctionLinda Pike; Fiscal Year: 2006..and, iv) the role of rafts in endocytosis and protein processing. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Lipid Rafts and EGF Receptor FunctionLINDA JOY PIKE; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The EGF receptor is a plasma membrane tyrosine kinase that is involved in the control of cell growth...