Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Drd2
Description: dopamine receptor D2
Alias: D2R, Drd-2, D(2) dopamine receptor, D2 receptor, dopamine D2 receptor, dopamine receptor 2
Publications136 found, 100 shown here
- Dystrophic dendrites in prefrontal cortical pyramidal cells of dopamine D1 and D2 but not D4 receptor knockout miceHui Dong Wang
Department of Psychiatry, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37212, USA
Brain Res 1300:58-64. 2009..The current data also suggest that caution should be exercised in the interpretation of behavioral, physiological, and biochemical studies of the prefrontal cortex in dopamine receptor knockout mice...
- Impaired light masking in dopamine D2 receptor-null miceMasao Doi
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, 1 rue Laurent Fries 67404, Illkirch, Strasbourg, France
Nat Neurosci 9:732-4. 2006..As the physiological pathways involved in light masking remain elusive, we analyzed mice lacking the dopamine D2 receptor. Although circadian rhythmicity was normal, D2R-null mice showed a markedly deficient light masking ..
- Role of retinoic acid during forebrain development begins late when Raldh3 generates retinoic acid in the ventral subventricular zoneNatalia Molotkova
Burnham Institute for Medical Research, 10901 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Dev Biol 303:601-10. 2007..Our results suggest that the role of RA during forebrain development begins late when Raldh3 expression initiates in the ventral subventricular zone...
- PTTG expression in different experimental and human prolactinomas in relation to dopaminergic control of lactotropesCarolina Cristina
Instituto de Biologia y Medicina Experimental, Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Cientificas y Tecnicas, V, Obligado 2490, 1428 Buenos Aires, Argentina
Mol Cancer 6:4. 2007..Nevertheless, its expression in prolactinomas and its relation with the pituitary dopamine receptor 2 (D2R) are not well defined...
- Regulation of Akt signaling by D2 and D3 dopamine receptors in vivoJean Martin Beaulieu
Department of Cell Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Neurosci 27:881-5. 2007..inhibition of Akt by dopamine and that D3 receptors also participate in this signaling potentially by enhancing D2 receptor response...
- Characterization of a mouse strain expressing Cre recombinase from the 3' untranslated region of the dopamine transporter locusCristina M Bäckman
Cellular Neurobiology Branch, National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Genesis 44:383-90. 2006..This knockin mouse can be used for generating tissue specific knockouts in mice carrying genes flanked by loxP sites, and will facilitate the analysis of gene function in dopaminergic neurons...
- Kainic acid-induced seizures activate GSK-3β in the hippocampus of D2R-/- micePrem P Tripathi
CNR Neuroscience Institute
Neuroreport 21:846-50. 2010b>Dopamine D2 receptor (D2R) signalling is implicated in limbic seizure propagation and seizure-induced neurodegeneration...
- Endogenous opioids mediate basal hedonic tone independent of dopamine D-1 or D-2 receptor activationS Narayanan
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, University of California at Los Angeles Neuropsychiatric Institute, 760 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Neuroscience 124:241-6. 2004....
- Nigrostriatal dopaminergic deficits and hypokinesia caused by inactivation of the familial Parkinsonism-linked gene DJ-1Matthew S Goldberg
Center for Neurologic Diseases, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Program in Neuroscience, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Neuron 45:489-96. 2005..Furthermore, DJ-1(-/-) mice displayed hypoactivity in the open field. Collectively, our findings suggest an essential role for DJ-1 in dopaminergic physiology and D2 receptor-mediated functions.
- Down-regulation of the dopamine receptor D2 in mice lacking ataxin 1Robert Goold
UCL Institute of Child Health, University College London, UK
Hum Mol Genet 16:2122-34. 2007..alterations in expression of genes regulated by Sp1-dependent transcription, including the dopamine receptor D2 (Drd2), retinoic acid/thyroid hormone and Wnt-signalling...
- Expression and distribution of all dopamine receptor subtypes (D(1)-D(5)) in the mouse lumbar spinal cord: a real-time polymerase chain reaction and non-autoradiographic in situ hybridization studyH Zhu
Emory University School of Medicine, Department of Physiology, 615 Michael Street, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Neuroscience 149:885-97. 2007..The dominant expression of D(2) receptors suggests a leading role for these receptors in dopaminergic actions on postsynaptic spinal neurons...
- Prefrontal dysfunction in schizophrenia involves mixed-lineage leukemia 1-regulated histone methylation at GABAergic gene promotersHsien Sung Huang
Brudnick Neuropsychiatric Research Institute, Department of Psychiatry, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01604, USA
J Neurosci 27:11254-62. 2007....
- Parkinsonian-like locomotor impairment in mice lacking dopamine D2 receptorsJ H Baik
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, Strasbourg, France
Nature 377:424-8. 1995..Our study shows that D2 receptors have a key role in the dopaminergic control of nervous function. These mice have therapeutic potential as a model for investigating and correcting dysfunctions of the dopaminergic system...
- Elimination of cocaine-induced hyperactivity and dopamine-mediated neurophysiological effects in dopamine D1 receptor mutant miceM Xu
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Cambridge
Cell 79:945-55. 1994..These results demonstrate the essential role of the D1 receptor in the locomotor stimulant effects of cocaine and in dopamine-mediated neurophysiological effects within the nucleus accumbens...
- Differential glycosylation and intracellular trafficking for the long and short isoforms of the D2 dopamine receptorC S Fishburn
Department of Chemical Immunology, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
J Biol Chem 270:29819-24. 1995..These results give rise to the suggestion that the difference observed between the two alternatively spliced isoforms of the D2 receptor may lie in their post-translational processing and intracellular trafficking.
- Abnormal synaptic plasticity in the striatum of mice lacking dopamine D2 receptorsP Calabresi
Clinica Neurologica, Universita di Roma Tor Vergata, Dipartimento Sanita, 00173 Rome, Italy
J Neurosci 17:4536-44. 1997..Disruption of the D2R gene function in mice results in a severe locomotor impairment...
- Pituitary lactotroph hyperplasia and chronic hyperprolactinemia in dopamine D2 receptor-deficient miceM A Kelly
Vollum Institute, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland 97201, USA
Neuron 19:103-13. 1997..Unexpectedly, the mutant mice had no hyperplasia of the intermediate lobe melanotrophs. Aged female D2 receptor -/- mice developed uterine adenomyosis in response to prolonged prolactin exposure...
- Antiproliferative role of dopamine: loss of D2 receptors causes hormonal dysfunction and pituitary hyperplasiaA Saiardi
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire CNRS INSERM ULP, BP 163, Illkirch, C U de Strasbourg, France
Neuron 19:115-26. 1997..These results point to prolactin as an autocrine proliferative factor in the pituitary gland. Additionally, they demonstrate an antiproliferative function for DA regulated through D2 receptor activation.
- Absence of opiate rewarding effects in mice lacking dopamine D2 receptorsR Maldonado
Departement de Pharmacochimie Moleculaire et Structurale, INSERM U266, URA D1500 CNRS, Universite Rene Descartes, Paris, France
Nature 388:586-9. 1997..This effect is specific to the drug, as mice lacking D2 receptors behaved the same as wild-type mice when food is used as reward. We conclude that the D2 receptor plays a crucial role in the motivational component of drug addiction.
- Locomotor activity in D2 dopamine receptor-deficient mice is determined by gene dosage, genetic background, and developmental adaptationsM A Kelly
Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, Oregon 97201, USA
J Neurosci 18:3470-9. 1998..the role of D2 dopamine receptors in locomotion, we generated F2 hybrid (129/Sv x C57BL/6) D2 dopamine receptor (D2R)-deficient mice by gene targeting and investigated the contribution of genetic background to open-field activity ..
- The dopamine D2, but not D3 or D4, receptor subtype is essential for the disruption of prepulse inhibition produced by amphetamine in miceR J Ralph
Department of Neuroscience, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0804, USA
J Neurosci 19:4627-33. 1999..These findings indicate that the AMPH-induced disruption of PPI is mediated via the DA D2 receptor and not the D3 or D4 receptor subtypes...
- Dopamine D2 receptor knock-out mice are insensitive to the hypolocomotor and hypothermic effects of dopamine D2/D3 receptor agonistsD Boulay
Synthelabo Recherche, Bagneux, France
Neuropharmacology 38:1389-96. 1999..In order to investigate whether the DA D2 receptor is the subtype that mediates hypothermia and hypolocomotion produced by DA D2/D3 receptor agonists, we tested ..
- Dopamine D2 long receptor-deficient mice display alterations in striatum-dependent functionsY Wang
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6084, USA
J Neurosci 20:8305-14. 2000The dopamine D2 receptor (D2) system has been implicated in several neurological and psychiatric disorders, such as schizophrenia and Parkinson's disease...
- Distinct functions of the two isoforms of dopamine D2 receptorsA Usiello
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS, INSERM, ULP, Illkirch, C U de Strasbourg, France
Nature 408:199-203. 2000..By a mechanism of alternative splicing, the D2 receptor gene encodes two molecularly distinct isoforms, D2S and D2L, previously thought to have the same function...
- The D2 receptor is critical in mediating opiate motivation only in opiate-dependent and withdrawn miceC L Dockstader
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON M5S 1A8, Canada
Eur J Neurosci 13:995-1001. 2001..of the D2 dopamine receptor subtype in mediating opiate motivation, we examined the behaviour of N5 congenic D2 receptor knockout mice and their wild-type siblings in opiate-naive and opiate-dependent and withdrawn place ..
- The role of dopamine receptors in regulating the size of axonal arborsC L Parish
Neurosciences Group, Department of Medicine and Department of Neurology, Monash Medical Center, Clayton 3168, Australia
J Neurosci 21:5147-57. 2001..These results suggest that individual dopaminergic axons in D2(-/-) mice have reached maximal arbor size. We conclude that the D2 receptor may play a role in modulating the extent of the terminal arbor of SNpc neurons.
- Adrenergic and endothelin B receptor-dependent hypertension in dopamine receptor type-2 knockout miceX X Li
Department of Pediatrics, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Hypertension 38:303-8. 2001..Instead, enhanced vascular reactivity in the D(2) mutant mice may be caused by increased sympathetic and ET(B) receptor activities...
- Disruption of the D2 dopamine receptor alters GH and IGF-I secretion and causes dwarfism in male miceG Diaz-Torga
Instituto de Biologia y Medicina Experimental, Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Cientificas y Tecnicas, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Endocrinology 143:1270-9. 2002We determined the consequences of the loss of D2 receptors (D2R) on the GH-IGF-I axis using mice deficient in functional dopamine D2 receptors by targeted mutagenesis (D2R(-/-))...
- Role of dopamine D2-like receptors in cocaine self-administration: studies with D2 receptor mutant mice and novel D2 receptor antagonistsS Barak Caine
Alcohol and Drug Abuse Research Center, McLean Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Belmont, Massachusetts 02478, USA
J Neurosci 22:2977-88. 2002..self-administration behavior, and related effects of nonselective D2-like drugs, in mutant mice that lack the D2 receptor but express D3 and D4 receptors...
- Differential effects of direct and indirect dopamine agonists on prepulse inhibition: a study in D1 and D2 receptor knock-out miceRebecca J Ralph-Williams
Alcohol and Drug Abuse Research Center, Harvard Medical School and McLean Hospital, Belmont, Massachusetts 02478, USA
J Neurosci 22:9604-11. 2002..To characterize the DA receptor modulation of PPI in another species, we tested DA D1R and D2R mutant mice with direct and indirect DA agonists and with the glutamate receptor antagonist, dizocilpine (MK-801)...
- Alterations in D1/D2 synergism may account for enhanced stereotypy and reduced climbing in mice lacking dopamine D2L receptorLeah A Fetsko
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, Beckman Institute, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 405 N Mathews Avenue, 61801, USA
Brain Res 967:191-200. 2003..e. D1/D2 synergism) represent an important aspect of dopaminergic function and plasticity. The D2 receptor exists in two isoforms: D2L and D2S. We have generated mice that selectively lack D2L (D2L-/-)...
- Simultaneous absence of dopamine D1 and D2 receptor-mediated signaling is lethal in miceMinoru Kobayashi
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, 1 rue Laurent Fries, 67404 Illkirch, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:11465-70. 2004..To analyze the extent of such interrelationship, we have generated double D1/D2 receptor mutants...
- G-protein-coupled receptor modulation of striatal CaV1.3 L-type Ca2+ channels is dependent on a Shank-binding domainPatricia A Olson
Department of Physiology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Neurosci 25:1050-62. 2005..Together, these results suggest that Shank promotes the assembly of a signaling complex at corticostriatal synapses that enables key GPCRs to regulate L-type Ca2+ channels and the integration of glutamatergic synaptic events...
- Increased pituitary vascular endothelial growth factor-a in dopaminergic D2 receptor knockout female miceC Cristina
Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Cientificas y Tecnicas, V Obligado 2490, 1428 Buenos Aires, Argentina
Endocrinology 146:2952-62. 2005..We investigated VEGF expression, localization, and function in pituitary hyperplasia of dopamine D2 receptor (D2R)-knockout female mice...
- Par-4 links dopamine signaling and depressionSang Ki Park
Department of Pathology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Harvard Medical School, 77 Avenue Louis Pasteur, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cell 122:275-87. 2005..Here we identify Par-4 as a regulatory component in dopamine signaling. Par-4 directly interacts with the dopamine D2 receptor (D2DR) via the calmodulin binding motif in the third cytoplasmic loop...
- Systemic blockade of D2-like dopamine receptors facilitates extinction of conditioned fear in miceRavikumar Ponnusamy
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, Neuropsychiatric Institute and Brain Research Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Learn Mem 12:399-406. 2005..These findings suggest that dopamine D2-mediated signaling contributes physiological inhibition of extinction, and that D2 antagonists may be useful adjuncts to behavior therapy of human anxiety disorders...
- Regulation of phosphorylation of the GluR1 AMPA receptor by dopamine D2 receptorsKerstin Hakansson
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
J Neurochem 96:482-8. 2006..Administration of haloperidol, an antipsychotic drug with dopamine D2 receptor antagonistic properties, increases the phosphorylation of GluR1 at Ser845, without affecting ..
- Genetic interdependence of adenosine and dopamine receptors: evidence from receptor knockout miceJ L Short
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria 3800, Australia
Neuroscience 139:661-70. 2006..Expression of the mRNA encoding the dopamine D2 receptor was elevated in the caudate putamen of D1, D3 and A2A receptor knockout mice; this was mirrored by an ..
- Signaling mediated by the dopamine D2 receptor potentiates circadian regulation by CLOCK:BMAL1Irene Yujnovsky
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, 1 rue Laurent Fries, 67404 Illkirch Strasbourg, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:6386-91. 2006..Here, we report that signaling mediated by the dopamine D2 receptor (D2R) enhances the transcriptional capacity of the CLOCK:BMAL1 complex...
- D1-D2 dopamine receptor heterooligomers with unique pharmacology are coupled to rapid activation of Gq/11 in the striatumAsim J Rashid
Department of Pharmacology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 1A8
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:654-9. 2007..as a full agonist for the D1 receptor and a high-affinity partial agonist for a pertussis toxin-resistant D2 receptor within the complex...
- Dopamine receptor mRNA and protein expression in the mouse corpus striatum and cerebral cortex during pre- and postnatal developmentKiyomi Y Araki
Developmental Neurobiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, 149, 13th Street, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Brain Res 1156:31-45. 2007..By analyzing D1 receptor protein expression, we show that developmental changes in mRNA expression reliably translate into changes in protein levels, at least for the D1-receptor...
- Transient overexpression of striatal D2 receptors impairs operant motivation and interval timingMichael R Drew
Division of Integrative Neuroscience, Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Neurosci 27:7731-9. 2007..Signaling through the dopamine D2 receptor is critical for all of these processes...
- Dysregulation of dopamine-dependent mechanisms as a determinant of hypertension: studies in dopamine receptor knockout miceChunyu Zeng
Department of Cardiology, Daping Hospital, The Third Military Medical University, Chongqing City 400042, People s Republic of China
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 294:H551-69. 2008....
- Role of dopamine D1-like receptors in methamphetamine locomotor responses of D2 receptor knockout miceM A Kelly
Vollum Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR, USA
Genes Brain Behav 7:568-77. 2008..This study used the combination of dopamine D2 receptor-deficient mice and a D1-like antagonist to examine dopamine D1 and D2 receptor involvement in acute and ..
- Enhanced latent inhibition in dopamine receptor-deficient mice is sex-specific for the D1 but not D2 receptor subtype: implications for antipsychotic drug actionCecilie Bay-Richter
School of Psychology, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, UK
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 12:403-14. 2009..This study therefore examined LI in congenic DA D1 and D2 receptor knockout (D1 KO and D2 KO) mice...
- Impaired striatal D2 receptor function leads to enhanced GABA transmission in a mouse model of DYT1 dystoniaGiuseppe Sciamanna
Department of Neuroscience, University Tor Vergata, Via Montpellier 1, 00133 Rome, Italy
Neurobiol Dis 34:133-45. 2009..In physiological conditions, dopamine (DA) D2 receptor act presynaptically to reduce striatal GABA release...
- R1441C mutation in LRRK2 impairs dopaminergic neurotransmission in miceYouren Tong
Center for Neurologic Diseases, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Program in Neuroscience, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:14622-7. 2009..The introduction of the R1441C mutation also impairs dopamine D2 receptor function, as suggested by decreased responses of KI mice in locomotor activity to the inhibitory effect of ..
- Calcium signaling cascade links dopamine D1-D2 receptor heteromer to striatal BDNF production and neuronal growthAhmed Hasbi
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto, ON, Canada
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:21377-82. 2009..We found that the exclusive stimulation of the dopamine D1-D2 receptor heteromer, which we identified in striatal neurons and adult rat brain by using confocal FRET, led to the ..
- Disruption of the dopamine d2 receptor impairs insulin secretion and causes glucose intoleranceIsabel Garcia-Tornadú
Instituto de Biologia y Medicina Experimental CONICET, Vuelta de Obligado 2490, Buenos Aires 1428, Argentina
Endocrinology 151:1441-50. 2010..We sought to evaluate dopamine D2 receptor (D2R) participation in pancreatic function...
- Strain-specific proportion of the two isoforms of the dopamine D2 receptor in the mouse striatum: associated neural and behavioral phenotypesV Colelli
Department of Psychology, Centro D Bovet, University Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Genes Brain Behav 9:703-11. 2010Genetic variability in the proportion of the two alternative dopamine D2 receptor (D2R) mRNA splice variants, D2R-long (D2L) and D2R-short (D2S), influence corticostriatal functioning and could be implicated in liability to ..
- Altered profile and D2-dopamine receptor modulation of high voltage-activated calcium current in striatal medium spiny neurons from animal models of Parkinson's diseaseG Martella
Department of Neuroscience, University Tor Vergata, Via Montpellier 1, 00133 Rome, Italy
Neuroscience 177:240-51. 2011..Dopamine modulates HVA Ca2+ channels in MSNs, thus we also analyzed the effect of D1 and D2 receptor activation...
- Strain-specific regulation of striatal phenotype in Drd2-eGFP BAC transgenic miceC Savio Chan
Department of Physiology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Neurosci 32:9124-32. 2012..it was reported that one popular line of these mice--mice possessing a BAC transgene with a D(2) dopamine receptor (Drd2) promoter construct coupled to an enhanced green fluorescent protein (eGFP) reporter--had abnormal striatal gene ..
- Increasing dopamine D2 receptor expression in the adult nucleus accumbens enhances motivationP Trifilieff
Department of Neuroscience, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Mol Psychiatry 18:1025-33. 2013A decrease in dopamine D2 receptor (D2R) binding in the striatum is one of the most common findings in disorders that involve a dysregulation of motivation, including obesity, addiction and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder...
- Pituitary lactotroph adenomas develop after prolonged lactotroph hyperplasia in dopamine D2 receptor-deficient miceS L Asa
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Endocrinology 140:5348-55. 1999..inhibits PRL expression and secretion from the pituitary gland by the activation of dopamine D2 receptors (D2R) localized on lactotrophs...
- Dopamine D2 receptor dysfunction is rescued by adenosine A2A receptor antagonism in a model of DYT1 dystoniaFrancesco Napolitano
CEINGE Biotecnologie Avanzate, Naples, Italy
Neurobiol Dis 38:434-45. 2010..to dystonia is unclear, multiple lines of clinical evidence suggest a link between dystonia and a reduced dopamine D2 receptor (D2R) availability...
- Upregulation of cannabinoid type 1 receptors in dopamine D2 receptor knockout mice is reversed by chronic forced ethanol consumptionPanayotis K Thanos
Department of Health and Human Services, Laboratory of Neuroimaging, NIAAA, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 35:19-27. 2011The anatomical proximity of the cannabinoid type 1 (CNR1/CB1R) and the dopamine D2 receptors (DRD2), their ability to form CB1R-DRD2 heteromers, their opposing roles in locomotion, and their involvement in ethanol's reinforcing and ..
- A second molecular form of D2 dopamine receptor in rat and bovine caudate nucleusC L Chio
Upjohn Co, Kalamazoo, Michigan 49001
Nature 343:266-9. 1990..The isolation of a D2 dopamine receptor clone has assisted the molecular characterization of D2 receptor. We have now isolated an identical rat clone along with two other clones--a second related rat clone (RD-2in) ..
- Role of D1/D2 dopamine and N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptors in morphine tolerance and dependence in miceA Verma
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Panjab University, Chandigarh, India
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 5:81-7. 1995..D2 DA receptor stimulation may also play an important role in enhancing the effectiveness of MK-801 in the treatment of opiate tolerance and dependence...
- Potentiation of the D2 mutant motor phenotype in mice lacking dopamine D2 and D3 receptorsM Y Jung
Department of Psychiatry, Fishberg Center for Research in Neurobiology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Neuroscience 91:911-24. 1999..These results suggest that D3 receptors compensate for some of the lacking D2 receptor functions and that these functional properties of D3 receptors, detected in mice with a D2 mutant genetic ..
- Dopaminergic D1 and D2 receptors are essential for the arousal effect of modafinilWei Min Qu
Department of Molecular Behavioral Biology, Osaka Bioscience Institute, Suita, Osaka 565 0874, Japan
J Neurosci 28:8462-9. 2008..However, pretreatment of D(2)R KO mice with D(1)R antagonist completely abolished arousal effects of modafinil. These findings strongly indicate that dopaminergic D(1)R and D(2)R are essential for the wakefulness induced by modafinil...
- Adenosine receptor antagonists and behavioral activation in NF-kappaB p50 subunit knockout miceXiaobin Xie
Department of Pharmacology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, IL 62794 9611, USA
Life Sci 85:226-34. 2009....
- Leptin increases striatal dopamine D2 receptor binding in leptin-deficient obese (ob/ob) miceJennifer Pfaffly
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York 11790, USA
Synapse 64:503-10. 2010..Leptin-receptor deficient rodents show decreased DA D2 receptor (D2R) binding in striatum and unique DA profiles compared to controls...
- Active and total transforming growth factor-β1 are differentially regulated by dopamine and estradiol in the pituitaryM Victoria Recouvreux
Instituto de Biologia y Medicina Experimental, Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Cientificas y Tecnicas, Vuelta de Obligado 2490, Buenos Aires 1428, Argentina
Endocrinology 152:2722-30. 2011Dopamine, acting through the dopamine type 2 receptor (Drd2), is the main inhibitor of pituitary prolactin (PRL) secretion and lactotroph proliferation. TGF-β1 is involved, at least in part, in mediating these actions...
- Increased consumption of ethanol and sugar water in mice lacking the dopamine D2 long receptorZachary B Bulwa
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Beckman Institute, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Alcohol 45:631-9. 2011Individual differences in dopamine D2 receptor (D2R) expression in the brain are thought to influence motivation and reinforcement for ethanol and other rewards...
- Normalizing dopamine D2 receptor-mediated responses in D2 null mutant mice by virus-mediated receptor restoration: comparing D2L and D2SK A Neve
Research Service, Portland VA Medical Center, and Department of Behavioral Neuroscience and Methamphetamine Abuse Research Center, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA Electronic address
Neuroscience 248:479-87. 2013b>D2 receptor null mutant (Drd2(-/-)) mice have altered responses to the rewarding and locomotor effects of psychostimulant drugs, which is evidence of a necessary role for D2 receptors in these behaviors...
- Differential mechanisms of opioidergic and dopaminergic systems of the ventral hippocampus (CA₃) in anxiolytic-like behaviors induced by cholestasis in miceMohammad Nasehi
Department of Biology, Faculty of Basic Sciences, Islamic Azad University, Garmsar Branch, Garmsar, Iran
Eur J Pharmacol 714:352-8. 2013....
- When chocolate seeking becomes compulsion: gene-environment interplayEnrico Patrono
Department of Applied Clinical Science and Biotechnology, University of L Aquila, Coppito, Italy
PLoS ONE 10:e0120191. 2015..Eating disorders appear to be caused by a complex interaction between environmental and genetic factors, and compulsive eating in response to adverse circumstances characterizes many eating disorders...
- Postnatal ontogeny of dopamine D3 receptors in the mouse brain: autoradiographic evidence for a transient cortical expressionJ Demotes-Mainard
INSERM U 394 Neurobiologie Intégrative, Domaine de Carreire, Bordeaux, France
Brain Res Dev Brain Res 94:166-74. 1996..These developmental findings, and particularly the transient cortical expression of functional receptors, point to the involvement of D3 receptors in ontogenic processes...
- The expression of neuropeptide-induced excessive grooming behavior in dopamine D1 and D2 receptor-deficient miceF Drago
Institute of Pharmacology, University of Catania Medical School, Italy
Eur J Pharmacol 365:125-31. 1999..The systemic administration of the dopamine D2 receptor antagonist, sulpiride did not suppress the residual grooming activity shown by animals injected with ..
- The subcommissural organ expresses D2, D3, D4, and D5 dopamine receptorsMercedes Tomé
Departamento de Biologia Celular, Genética y Fisiología, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Malaga, Spain
Cell Tissue Res 317:65-77. 2004....
- Schizophrenia in translation: dissecting motivation in schizophrenia and rodentsEleanor H Simpson
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Schizophr Bull 38:1111-7. 2012..and we relate those findings to the results from animal studies, including a mouse model of striatal dopamine D2 receptor hyperfunction...
- Loss of Nkx2.1 homeobox gene function results in a ventral to dorsal molecular respecification within the basal telencephalon: evidence for a transformation of the pallidum into the striatumL Sussel
Center for Neurobiology and Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry and University of California at San Francisco, CA 94143 0984, USA
Development 126:3359-70. 1999..We present evidence that these phenotypes result from a ventral-to-dorsal transformation of the pallidal primordium into a striatal-like anlage...
- The atypical homeoprotein Pbx1a participates in the axonal pathfinding of mesencephalic dopaminergic neuronsPaola Sgadò
Laboratory of Molecular Neuropathology, Centre for Integrative Biology, University of Trento, Trento, Italy
Neural Dev 7:24. 2012....
- Chronic haloperidol-induced spatial memory deficits accompany the upregulation of D(1) and D(2) receptors in the caudate putamen of C57BL/6 mouseHaiyun Xu
Department of Anatomy, Southern Illinois University Carbondale, Carbondale, IL, USA
Life Sci 91:322-8. 2012....
- Suppression of neuroinflammation by astrocytic dopamine D2 receptors via αB-crystallinWei Shao
Institute of Neuroscience, State Key Laboratory of Neuroscience, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, China
Nature 494:90-4. 2013..Here we show that the astrocytic dopamine D2 receptor (DRD2) modulates innate immunity through αB-crystallin (CRYAB), which is known to suppress ..
- Central dopamine D2 receptors regulate growth-hormone-dependent body growth and pheromone signaling to conspecific malesDaniela Noain
Instituto de Investigaciones en Ingenieria Genetica y Biologia Molecular, Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Cientificas y Tecnicas, C1428ADN Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Neurosci 33:5834-42. 2013..a cell-specific genetic dissection study in conditional mutant mice that selectively lack DA D2 receptors (D2R) from pituitary lactotropes (lacDrd2KO) or neurons (neuroDrd2KO)...
- The mouse dopamine D2A receptor gene: sequence homology with the rat and human genes and expression of alternative transcriptsK J Mack
Department of Neurology, University of Wisconsin, Madison
J Neurochem 57:795-801. 1991..Mouse pituitary expresses only the mRNA of the 444-amino-acid form of the D2A receptor. Hence, the mouse may offer the best model to study the in vivo physiology of the long form of the D2A receptor...
- Differential expression of the mouse D2 dopamine receptor isoformsJ P Montmayeur
Laboratoire de Genetique Moleculaire des Eucaryotes du CNRS, Unité 184 de Génie Génétique et de Biologie Moléculaire INSERM, Institut de Chimie Biologique Faculté de Médecine, Strasbourg, France
FEBS Lett 278:239-43. 1991..Membranes of mammalian cells transiently transfected with both forms of D2 receptor bind [3H]spiperone with a high affinity.
- The dopamine D2 receptor: two molecular forms generated by alternative splicingR Dal Toso
Laboratory of Molecular Neuroendocrinology, ZMBH, Heidelberg, FRG
EMBO J 8:4025-34. 1989Cloned human dopamine D2 receptor cDNA was isolated from a pituitary cDNA library and found to encode an additional 29 amino acid residues in the predicted intracellular domain between transmembrane regions 5 and 6 relative to a ..
- Localization of genes affecting alcohol drinking in miceT J Phillips
Veterans Administration Medical Center, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 18:931-41. 1994..In general, our results suggest that saccharin and ethanol consumption are determined by the actions of multiple genes (QTL), some in common, and suggest specific map locations of several such QTL on the mouse genome...
- Dopamine D3 receptor mutant mice exhibit increased behavioral sensitivity to concurrent stimulation of D1 and D2 receptorsM Xu
Center for Learning and Memory and Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, 02139, USA
Neuron 19:837-48. 1997..We conclude that one function of the D3 receptor is to modulate behaviors by inhibiting the cooperative effects of postsynaptic D1 and other D2 class receptors at systems level...
- Absence of the dopamine D2 receptor leads to a decreased expression of GDNF and NT-4 mRNAs in restricted brain areasY Bozzi
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS INSERM ULP, Illkirch, C U de Strasbourg, France
Eur J Neurosci 11:1275-84. 1999..Among dopamine receptors, D2 receptors (D2R) are the most abundant on dopaminergic neurons, where they exert autoreceptor functions...
- Decreased c-fos responses to dopamine D(1) receptor agonist stimulation in mice deficient for D(3) receptorsM Y Jung
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Biol Chem 274:29406-12. 1999..The findings therefore indicate that not only D(2) but also D(3) receptors play a role in dopamine-regulated gene expression...
- Topographical evaluation of behavioural phenotype in a line of mice with targeted gene deletion of the D2 dopamine receptorJ J Clifford
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Dublin
Neuropharmacology 39:382-90. 2000..of spontaneous behavioural topography suggests compensatory processes subsequent to developmental absence of the D2 receptor that are able to sustain function under naturalistic, tonic conditions but not during phasic challenge.
- Detection and mapping of quantitative trait loci for haloperidol-induced catalepsy in a C57BL/6J x DBA/2J F2 intercrossN V Patel
Department of Psychiatry, SUNY 11794 8101, USA
Behav Genet 29:303-10. 1999..on chromosome 9 stretched from approximately 25 to 55 cM; this region contains numerous candidate genes, including Drd2, Ncam, Acat1, and Htr1b. The data also suggest the presence of a second QTL on chromosome 9 (LOD, > 3...
- A molecular analysis of NKT cells: identification of a class-I restricted T cell-associated molecule (CRTAM)J Kennedy
Department of Immunology, DNAX Research Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
J Leukoc Biol 67:725-34. 2000..LPTN and CRTAM exhibit the same expression pattern in T cells, suggesting the existence of a gene expression program common to class I-MHC-restricted T cells...
- The fourth transmembrane segment of the dopamine D2 receptor: accessibility in the binding-site crevice and position in the transmembrane bundleJ A Javitch
Center for Molecular Recognition, Departments of Pharmacology and Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, 630 West 168th Street, New York, New York 10032, USA
Biochemistry 39:12190-9. 2000The binding site of the dopamine D2 receptor, like that of homologous G-protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs), is contained within a water-accessible crevice formed among its seven transmembrane segments (TMSs)...
- Dopamine-dependent synaptic plasticity in striatum during in vivo developmentK Tang
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics and Center for Molecular Neuroscience, Vanderbilt University Medical School, Nashville, TN 37232 0615, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:1255-60. 2001..Here we demonstrate that this form of synaptic plasticity is DA and DA D2 receptor dependent...
- Locomotor behavior of dopamine D1 receptor transgenic/D2 receptor deficient hybrid miceS Dracheva
Department of Psychiatry, The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Brain Res 905:142-51. 2001..locomotor behavior of D1 receptor transgenic mice is similar to baseline locomotor activity manifested by D2 receptor deficient mice [J. Neurosci. 18 (1998) 3470]...
- Potentiation of opioid analgesia in dopamine2 receptor knock-out mice: evidence for a tonically active anti-opioid systemM A King
Laboratory of Molecular Neuropharmacology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Neurosci 21:7788-92. 2001..Thus, dopamine D(2) receptors represent an additional, significant modulatory system that inhibits analgesic responses to mu and kappa opioids...
- Changes in extracellular dopamine induced by morphine and cocaine: crucial control by D2 receptorsFrancoise Rouge-Pont
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U259, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, 33077 Bordeaux Cedex, France
J Neurosci 22:3293-301. 2002..In this article we investigated the contribution of the DA D2 receptor (D2R) in the control of this response...
- Altered accumbens neural response to prediction of reward associated with place in dopamine D2 receptor knockout miceAnh Hai Tran
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Toyama 930 0194, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:8986-91. 2002..Here, we examined the specific role of the dopamine D2 receptor (D2R) in mediating associative learning, locomotor activity, and regulating NAc neural responses by using ..
- Laminin inhibits lactotroph proliferation and is reduced in early prolactinoma developmentF Kuchenbauer
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Neurosignaling Section, Kraepelinstr 10, 80804, Munich, Germany
Mol Cell Endocrinol 207:13-20. 2003..pattern during prolactinoma development, which was: (a) strong in normal pituitaries from wild type or dopamine D2 receptor deficient mice, (b) lower in pituitary hyperplasia and (c) markedly reduced in prolactinomas from D2R -/- ..
- Dopamine D4 receptor-induced postsynaptic inhibition of GABAergic currents in mouse globus pallidus neuronsRyong Moon Shin
Neural Circuits Dynamics Research Group, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Gerontology, Itabashi ku, Tokyo 173 0015, Japan
J Neurosci 23:11662-72. 2003..In contrast, dopamine D2 receptor activation hyperpolarizes medium spiny neurons projecting from the striatum to the GP and inhibits GABA ..
- G-protein-coupled receptor-mediated activation of rap GTPases: characterization of a novel Galphai regulated pathwayJacques T Weissman
ACADIA Pharmaceuticals Inc, 3911 Sorrento Valley Blvd, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Oncogene 23:241-9. 2004..A constitutively active mutant of Galphai2 also mediated Ras/rap-dependent responses. These data indicate that GPCRs coupled to pertussis-toxin-sensitive G-proteins activate Rap through a Galpha subunit, C3G, and Src-dependent pathway...
- Genetic analysis of the hypothalamic neurotensin systemSteven J Garlow
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 31:535-43. 2006..The NTta QTL on chromosome 9 includes the dopamine D2 receptor (Drd2) gene and QTL involved in responses to dopaminergic agents (Hts), antipsychotics (Hpic1) and cocaine (..
- Dopamine receptor activation modulates GABA neuron migration from the basal forebrain to the cerebral cortexJames E Crandall
Eunice Kennedy Shriver Center for Mental Retardation, Physiology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Waltham, Massachusetts 02452, USA
J Neurosci 27:3813-22. 2007..We show that dopamine D1 receptor activation promotes and D2 receptor activation decreases GABA neuron migration from the medial and caudal ganglionic eminences to the cerebral ..
- Fibroblast growth factor-2 in hyperplastic pituitaries of D2R knockout female miceCarolina Cristina
Instituto de Biologia y Medicina Experimental, CONICET, V Obligado 2490, 1428, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 293:E1341-51. 2007b>Dopamine D2 receptor (D2R) knockout (KO) female mice develop chronic hyperprolactinemia and pituitary hyperplasia...
- Modeling psychotic and cognitive symptoms of affective disorders: Disrupted latent inhibition and reversal learning deficits in highly stress reactive miceA Knapman
Research Group of Psychoneuroendocrinology, Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Kraepelinstrasse 2 10, 80804 Munich, Germany
Neurobiol Learn Mem 94:145-52. 2010..system is involved in both Li and reversal learning, the dopamine 1 receptor (D1R), dopamine 2 receptor (D2R) and dopamine transporter (DAT) mRNA expression levels were assessed in relevant brain areas of these animals...
- Dopaminergic modulation of endocannabinoid-mediated plasticity at GABAergic synapses in the prefrontal cortexChiayu Q Chiu
Dominick P Purpura Department of Neuroscience, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Neurosci 30:7236-48. 2010..Facilitation of eCB-LTD may be one mechanism by which DA modulates neuronal activity in the PFC and regulates PFC-mediated behavior in vivo...
- CIN85 regulates dopamine receptor endocytosis and governs behaviour in miceNoriaki Shimokawa
Institute of Biochemistry II and Cluster of Excellence Macromolecular Complexes, Goethe University, Frankfurt Main, Germany
EMBO J 29:2421-32. 2010..These findings indicate an important function of CIN85 in the regulation of dopamine receptor functions and provide a molecular explanation for the hyperactive behaviour of CIN85(Deltaex2) mice...
- MOLECULAR RECOGNITION OF ANTIPSYCHOTIC DRUGS AND COCAINEJONATHAN JAVITCH; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANISMS OF NEURAL PATTERNING IN MAMMALIAN FOREBRAINGordon Fishell; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Microarray analysis of morphine's behavioral effectsGREGORY ELMER; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Algorithm for drug discoveryGREGORY ELMER; Fiscal Year: 2007..Second, it will establish a core database for data mining and provide a template for use in screening novel compounds with potential clinical efficacy. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Identification of Genes for Alcohol Preference in Noninbred Rats and MicePaula Bice; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- REGIONAL PATTERNING IN THE VENTRAL TELENCEPHALONGORDON J FISHELL; Fiscal Year: 2010..If we can understand how this population is generated, we will take the first step towards assessing whether we can use gene or cell therapies to ameliorate the devasting consequences associated with cortical interneuron dysfunction. ..
- COCAINE SELF ADMINISTRATION IN DOPAMINE KNOCKOUT MICESIMON CAINE; Fiscal Year: 2003..Studies in mice that lack the D2 receptor will permit a clearer analysis of the role of the D3 receptor in such effects...
- COCAINE SENSITIZATION AND THE DOPAMINE TRANSPORTERNANCY ZAHNISER; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Studies of CRH and Alcohol EffectsTamara Phillips; Fiscal Year: 2005..This research represents an important step toward the validation of CRH receptors as targets for future medications development in the treatment and prevention of alcoholism. ..
- Photoreceptor Rescue By Inhibition of Dopamine SignalingJUDITH OGILVIE; Fiscal Year: 2006..Secondly, we will investigate the underlying mechanism including testing a dopamine receptor heterodimer-induced model of degeneration which could lead to a new area of investigation in retinal cell biology. ..
- Characterization of Human Trace Amine ReceptorsKim Neve; Fiscal Year: 2006..TARs encoding full-length receptors are expressed on the cell surface, to identify agonists and antagonists for each TAR subtype, and to identify allelic variants that alter the function or ligand binding of a TAR subtype ..
- DOPAMINE 2002Kim Neve; Fiscal Year: 2002..The banquet will feature informal talks by 2000 Nobel Prize Laureates, Arvid Carlsson and Paul Greengard, and the opening lecture will be given by Marc Caron, the organizer of Dopamine '94 in Quebec City. ..
- DOPAMINE TRANSPORTER: SUBSTRATE & COCAINE BINDING SITESJONATHAN JAVITCH; Fiscal Year: 2007..4) To map the intracellular and extracellular accessibility during different functional states of substituted-cysteines through IL1 and IL3 of DAT. ..
- MODULATION OF ALCOHOL REINFORCEMENTChristopher Cunningham; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies could prove to be especially useful in the evaluation of putative pharmacotherapies intended to reduce alcohol craving and in the design of behavioral interventions to decrease ethanol-seeking behavior. ..
- 2004 & 2006 Membrane Transport Proteins Gordon ConferenceJONATHAN JAVITCH; Fiscal Year: 2005..In keeping with the GRC tradition, the interactions that will result, whether from formal or informal discussions, can be expected to be extraordinarily stimulating and productive. ..
- MENTORED PATIENT ORIENTED RESEARCH CAREER DEVELOPMENT AWSTEVEN GARLOW; Fiscal Year: 2004..The circulating concentration of three hormones, cortisol, interleukin-1 and interleukin-6 will be measured before and after treatment, and correlated to platelet reactivity. ..
- 5-HT2A RECEPTOR IN DEPRESSION: MOLECULAR MECHANISMSSTEVEN GARLOW; Fiscal Year: 2003..As the factors are characterized in the in vitro systems, their relevance to the regulation of the S-HT2A receptor in the brain will be tested in experimental animals. ..
- ARCHAEAL & BACTERIAL HOMOLOGS OF DOPAMINE TRANSPORTERJONATHAN JAVITCH; Fiscal Year: 2002....