Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Dmtn
Description: dematin actin binding protein
Alias: AI325486, Epb4.9, Epb49, dematin, dematin, dematin actin-binding protein, erythrocyte membrane protein band 4.9, erythrocyte protein band 4.9
- Mmot1, a new helix-loop-helix transcription factor gene displaying a sharp expression boundary in the embryonic mouse brainN Malgaretti
Department of Biological and Technological Research DIBIT, San Raffaele Scientific Institute HSR, I 20132 Milan, Italy
J Biol Chem 272:17632-9. 1997....
- Headpiece domain of dematin regulates calcium mobilization and signaling in plateletsAdam J Wieschhaus
Department of Molecular Physiology and Pharmacology, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
J Biol Chem 287:41218-31. 2012b>Dematin is a broadly expressed membrane cytoskeletal protein that has been well characterized in erythrocytes and to a lesser extent in non-erythroid cells. However, dematin's function in platelets is not known...
- Dematin, a component of the erythrocyte membrane skeleton, is internalized by the malaria parasite and associates with Plasmodium 14-3-3Marco Lalle
Dipartimento di Malattie Infettive, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, 00161 Rome, Italy
J Biol Chem 286:1227-36. 2011..Here, we show that the remodeling of the host cell directed by the parasite also includes the recruitment of dematin, an actin-binding protein of the erythrocyte membrane skeleton and its repositioning to the parasite...
- Targeted deletion of alpha-adducin results in absent beta- and gamma-adducin, compensated hemolytic anemia, and lethal hydrocephalus in miceRaymond F Robledo
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, ME, USA
Blood 112:4298-307. 2008..These data indicate that adducin plays a role in RBC membrane stability and in cerebrospinal fluid homeostasis...
- The headpiece domain of dematin regulates cell shape, motility, and wound healing by modulating RhoA activationMorvarid Mohseni
Department of Pharmacology, UIC Cancer Center, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60612 3725, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:4712-8. 2008..Here, we provide the first evidence that dematin functions upstream of RhoA and regulates its activation...
- Erythrocyte dematin is a candidate gene for Marie Unna hereditary hypotrichosis and related hairloss disordersMorvarid Mohseni
Am J Hematol 83:430-2. 2008
- Combined deletion of mouse dematin-headpiece and beta-adducin exerts a novel effect on the spectrin-actin junctions leading to erythrocyte fragility and hemolytic anemiaHuiqing Chen
Department of Pharmacology Cancer Center, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Biol Chem 282:4124-35. 2007b>Dematin and adducin are actin-binding proteins of the erythrocyte "junctional complex." Individually, they exert modest effects on erythrocyte shape and membrane stability, and their homologues are expressed widely in non-erythroid cells...
- The erythroid phenotype of EKLF-null mice: defects in hemoglobin metabolism and membrane stabilityRoy Drissen
Erasmus MC, Department of Cell Biology, P O Box 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Mol Cell Biol 25:5205-14. 2005..Our data provide an explanation for the hitherto unexplained severity of the EKLF null phenotype in erythropoiesis...
- Headpiece domain of dematin is required for the stability of the erythrocyte membraneRichie Khanna
Department of Medicine, St Elizabeth s Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02135, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:6637-42. 2002b>Dematin is an actin-binding and bundling protein of the erythrocyte membrane skeleton. Dematin is localized to the spectrin-actin junctions, and its actin-bundling activity is regulated by phosphorylation of cAMP-dependent protein kinase...
- cDNA sequence, genomic structure, and expression of the mouse dematin gene (Epb4.9)A C Azim
Section of Hematology Oncology Research, Department of Medicine, St Elizabeth s Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02135, USA
Mamm Genome 10:1026-9. 1999
- Genomic structure, mapping, activity and expression of fibroblast growth factor 17J Xu
Department of Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Mech Dev 83:165-78. 1999..In the developing great vessels Fgfl7 is preferentially expressed, suggesting that it may have a more prominent role in vascular growth...
- Characterization of two novel protocadherins (PCDH8 and PCDH9) localized on human chromosome 13 and mouse chromosome 14S Strehl
Genetics Division, Children s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, 02215, USA
Genomics 53:81-9. 1998..The differences in the genomic structure of cadherin subfamilies will be discussed in the context of the evolution of the cadherin superfamily...
- ADAM7, a member of the ADAM (a disintegrin and metalloprotease) gene family is specifically expressed in the mouse anterior pituitary and epididymisG A Cornwall
Department of Cell Biology and Biochemistry, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock 79430, USA
Endocrinology 138:4262-72. 1997..Finally, chromosomal mapping demonstrated that the ADAM7 gene maps to the central region of mouse Chromosome 14, approximately 4-5 cM distal from the fertilin beta locus, which encodes another reproductive-specific ADAM protein...
- Chromosomal assignment of four testis-expressed mouse genes from a new family of transmembrane proteins (ADAMs) involved in cell-cell adhesion and fusionC Cho
Department of Physiology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut, 06030, USA
Genomics 34:413-7. 1996....
- The gene encoding the erythrocyte membrane skeleton protein dematin (Epb4.9) maps to mouse chromosome 14L L Peters
Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Genomics 26:634-5. 1995