Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Dll4
Description: delta-like 4 (Drosophila)
Alias: Delta4, delta-like protein 4, drosophila Delta homolog 4
Publications114 found, 100 shown here
- Mammalian NOTCH-1 activates beta1 integrins via the small GTPase R-RasPhilip S Hodkinson
University of Edinburgh, MRC Centre for Inflammation Research, Queen s Medical Research Institute, 47 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh EH16 4SA, Scotland, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 282:28991-9001. 2007..This new CSL-independent Notch/R-Ras pathway provides a molecular mechanism to explain Notch, integrin, and Ras cross-talk during the development of multicellular organisms...
- Monitoring Notch1 activity in development: evidence for a feedback regulatory loopGonzalo del Monte
Departamento de Inmunologia y Oncologia, Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia CSIC, Campus Cantoblanco, Madrid, Spain
Dev Dyn 236:2594-614. 2007..We found that Notch1 transcription and activity was severely reduced in zebrafish and mouse Notch pathway mutants, suggesting that vertebrate Notch1 expression is regulated by a positive feedback loop...
- Separating genetic and hemodynamic defects in neuropilin 1 knockout embryosElizabeth A V Jones
Inserm U833, F 75005, Paris, France
Development 135:2479-88. 2008..This method allows genetic defects caused by loss-of-function of a gene important for cardiovascular development to be isolated even in the presence of hemodynamic defects...
- Lunatic and manic fringe cooperatively enhance marginal zone B cell precursor competition for delta-like 1 in splenic endothelial nichesJoanne B Tan
Hospital for Sick Children Research Institute, Toronto, ON, Canada
Immunity 30:254-63. 2009..Our study has revealed that the Fringe-Notch2 interaction has important functions in vivo and provides insights into mechanisms regulating MZ B cell development...
- Mind bomb-1 is essential for intraembryonic hematopoiesis in the aortic endothelium and the subaortic patchesMi Jeong Yoon
Division of Molecular and Life Sciences, Pohang University of Science and Technology, Pohang, Kyungbuk 790 784, South Korea
Mol Cell Biol 28:4794-804. 2008..Interestingly, dll1 and dll4/Jag1 are expressed in the SAPs and the endothelium of the AGM, respectively, where mib1 is detected...
- Acheate-scute like 1 (Ascl1) is required for normal delta-like (Dll) gene expression and notch signaling during retinal developmentBranden R Nelson
Department of Biological Structure, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Dev Dyn 238:2163-78. 2009..Thus, these results suggest a molecular mechanism whereby attenuated Notch levels coupled with reduced proneurogenic activity in progenitors leads to increased gliogenesis and decreased neurogenesis in the Ascl1-deficient retina...
- Notch 2 and Notch 1/3 segregate to neuronal and glial lineages of the developing olfactory epitheliumChristine Carson
Department of Zoology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Dev Dyn 235:1678-88. 2006..Notch 2 and Notch 1/3 may, therefore, have different roles in the commitment and differentiation of neuronal and glial lineages of the OE during development, and the maintenance of non-neuronal phenotypes postnatally...
- Dll4, a novel Notch ligand expressed in arterial endotheliumJ R Shutter
Departments of Molecular Genetics, Amgen, Inc, Thousand Oaks, California 91320 USA
Genes Dev 14:1313-8. 2000We report the cloning and characterization of a new member of the Delta family of Notch ligands, which we have named Dll4. Like other Delta genes, Dll4 is predicted to encode a membrane-bound ligand, characterized by an extracellular ..
- Notch signaling is essential for vascular morphogenesis in miceL T Krebs
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609 USA
Genes Dev 14:1343-52. 2000..Analysis of the expression patterns of genes encoding ligands for Notch family receptors indicated that only the Dll4 gene is expressed in a pattern consistent with that expected for a gene encoding a ligand for the Notch1 and Notch4 ..
- Vascular expression of Notch pathway receptors and ligands is restricted to arterial vesselsN Villa
Department of Biological Chemistry, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1737, USA
Mech Dev 108:161-4. 2001..Here, we report that Notch1, Notch3, Notch4, Delta4, Jagged1 and Jagged2 are all expressed in arteries, but are not expressed by veins...
- A novel Notch ligand, Dll4, induces T-cell leukemia/lymphoma when overexpressed in mice by retroviral-mediated gene transferX Q Yan
Department of Pathology Pharmacology, Amgen, Thousand Oaks, CA 91320, USA
Blood 98:3793-9. 2001..The biological role of a novel Notch ligand, Dll4, in mice was explored by reconstituting lethally irradiated mice with bone marrow (BM) cells transduced with Dll4 ..
- Delta4, an endothelial specific notch ligand expressed at sites of physiological and tumor angiogenesisC Mailhos
Developmental Genetics, Imperial Cancer Research Fund, London, England
Differentiation 69:135-44. 2001..We report the expression of Delta4 (D14) in arterial endothelium during mouse embryogenesis and in the endothelium of tumor blood vessels...
- Delta-like 1 is necessary for the generation of marginal zone B cells but not T cells in vivoKatsuto Hozumi
Department of Immunology, and Center for Embryogenesis and Organogenesis, Tokai University School of Medicine, Bohseidai, Isehara, Kanagawa 259 1193, Japan
Nat Immunol 5:638-44. 2004..Thus, Notch signaling is essential for lymphocyte development in vivo, but there is a redundancy of Notch-Notch ligand signaling that can drive T cell development within the thymus...
- Dosage-sensitive requirement for mouse Dll4 in artery developmentAntonio Duarte
CIISA, Faculdade de Medicina Veterinaria, 1300 0 477 Lisboa, Portugal
Genes Dev 18:2474-8. 2004..In mice, the Notch4 receptor and the Delta-like 4 (Dll4) ligand are specifically expressed in arterial endothelial cells, suggesting a similar role...
- Haploinsufficient lethality and formation of arteriovenous malformations in Notch pathway mutantsLuke T Krebs
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609, USA
Genes Dev 18:2469-73. 2004..Here we show that mouse embryos heterozygous for a targeted mutation in the gene encoding the DLL4 ligand exhibit haploinsufficient lethality because of defects in vascular remodeling...
- Haploinsufficiency of delta-like 4 ligand results in embryonic lethality due to major defects in arterial and vascular developmentNicholas W Gale
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, 777 Old Saw Mill River Road, Tarrytown, NY 10591, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:15949-54. 2004..One potential such regulator is delta-like 4 ligand (Dll4), a recently identified partner for the Notch receptors...
- Periodic Delta-like 4 expression in developing retinal arteriesSuzanne Claxton
Department of Biology, Wolfson Institute for Biomedical Research, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Gene Expr Patterns 5:123-7. 2004..We studied expression of Notch 1-4 and its ligand Delta-like 4 (Dll4) in the developing retinal vasculature...
- Expression of Dll4 during mouse embryogenesis suggests multiple developmental rolesRui Benedito
CIISA, Faculdade de Medicina Veterinaria, R Prof Cid dos Santos, 1300 477 Lisboa, Portugal
Gene Expr Patterns 5:750-5. 2005..Here, we report the expression pattern of a Delta gene family member, Delta-like 4 (Dll4)...
- Three-dimensional architecture of the thymus is required to maintain delta-like expression necessary for inducing T cell developmentMahmood Mohtashami
Department of Immunology, University of Toronto, and Sunnybrook and Women s Research Institute, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Immunol 176:730-4. 2006..to fetal thymic organ cultures, TSMC fail to maintain expression of the Notch ligands, Delta-like (Dll) 1 and Dll4, and concomitantly lose the ability to support T lymphopoiesis...
- Delta-4 Notch ligand promotes erythroid differentiation of human umbilical cord blood CD34+ cellsAkira Sugimoto
Hayashibara Biochemical Laboratories, Inc Okayama, Japan
Exp Hematol 34:424-32. 2006..In this study, we analyzed effects of one Notch ligand, Delta-4, whose function is less clear than others, such as Delta-1 and Jagged-1 and -2...
- The forkhead transcription factors, Foxc1 and Foxc2, are required for arterial specification and lymphatic sprouting during vascular developmentSeungwoon Seo
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232 6300, USA
Dev Biol 294:458-70. 2006..of Foxc genes in vitro induces expression of arterial markers such as Notch1 and its ligand Delta-like 4 (Dll4), and Foxc1 and Foxc2 directly activate the Dll4 promoter via a Foxc-binding site...
- Blockade of Dll4 inhibits tumour growth by promoting non-productive angiogenesisIrene Noguera-Troise
Regeneron Research Laboratories, 777 Old Saw Mill River Road, Tarrytown, New York 10591, USA
Nature 444:1032-7. 2006..We report that VEGF dynamically regulates tumour endothelial expression of Delta-like ligand 4 (Dll4), which was previously shown to be absolutely required for normal embryonic vascular development...
- Inhibition of Dll4 signalling inhibits tumour growth by deregulating angiogenesisJohn Ridgway
Tumor Biology and Angiogenesis, Genentech, Inc, 1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Nature 444:1083-7. 2006Haploinsufficiency of Dll4, a vascular-specific Notch ligand, has shown that it is essential for embryonic vascular development and arteriogenesis...
- Dll4 signalling through Notch1 regulates formation of tip cells during angiogenesisMats Hellstrom
AngioGenetics Sweden AB, Scheeles vag 2, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Nature 445:776-80. 2007..Here we present evidence that delta-like 4 (Dll4)-Notch1 signalling regulates the formation of appropriate numbers of tip cells to control vessel sprouting and ..
- Delta-like ligand 4 (Dll4) is induced by VEGF as a negative regulator of angiogenic sproutingI B Lobov
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 777 Old Saw Mill River Road, Tarrytown, NY 10591, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:3219-24. 2007..To better define the role of Dll4 during vascular growth and differentiation, we selected the postnatal retina as a model because its vasculature ..
- The Notch ligand Delta-like 4 negatively regulates endothelial tip cell formation and vessel branchingSteven Suchting
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U833, 75005 Paris, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:3225-30. 2007Delta-like 4 (Dll4) is a transmembrane ligand for Notch receptors that is expressed in arterial blood vessels and sprouting endothelial cells...
- Inhibition of Dll4-mediated signaling induces proliferation of immature vessels and results in poor tissue perfusionJeffrey S Scehnet
Department of Pathology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, 1441 Eastlake Avenue, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Blood 109:4753-60. 2007..Notch receptors and ligands (Jagged and Delta-like) play a critical role in this process in addition to VEGF. Dll4 is one of the Notch ligands that regulates arterial specification and maturation events...
- CD8- DCs induce IL-12-independent Th1 differentiation through Delta 4 Notch-like ligand in response to bacterial LPSDimitris Skokos
Laboratory of Molecular Immunology, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Exp Med 204:1525-31. 2007..Thus, activation of the two DC subsets by TLR4 leads to Th1 responses by two distinct MyD88-dependent pathways...
- Notch ligand Delta-like 4 regulates disease pathogenesis during respiratory viral infections by modulating Th2 cytokinesMatthew A Schaller
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Exp Med 204:2925-34. 2007..Using quantitative polymerase chain reaction, we observed that only Delta-like 4 (dll4) was up-regulated on bone marrow-derived dendritic cells after respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) infection, and ..
- Overexpression of delta-like 4 induces arterialization and attenuates vessel formation in developing mouse embryosAlexandre Trindade
Centro de Informatica do Instituto Superior de Agronomia CIISA, Lisbon Technical University, Lisbon, Portugal
Blood 112:1720-9. 2008..endothelial cells (ECs) and the observed vascular phenotypes in mutants of Notch receptors or ligands, especially Dll4. DLL4 is specifically expressed in arterial ECs during development, and haplo-insufficiency is embryonically lethal ..
- Blocking VEGFR-3 suppresses angiogenic sprouting and vascular network formationTuomas Tammela
Molecular Cancer Biology Laboratory and Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Biomedicum Helsinki and the Haartman Institute University of Helsinki, PO Box 63 Haartmaninkatu 8, 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Nature 454:656-60. 2008..Our results implicate VEGFR-3 as a regulator of vascular network formation. Targeting VEGFR-3 may provide additional efficacy for anti-angiogenic therapies, especially towards vessels that are resistant to VEGF or VEGFR-2 inhibitors...
- Delta-like 4 is indispensable in thymic environment specific for T cell developmentKatsuto Hozumi
Department of Immunology and Research Center for Embryogenesis and Organogenesis, Tokai University School of Medicine, Isehara 259 1193, Japan
J Exp Med 205:2507-13. 2008..in vitro studies have shown that when hematopoietic progenitors acquire Notch signaling via Delta-like (Dll)1 or Dll4, they differentiate into the T cell lineage in the absence of a thymic microenvironment...
- Delta-like 4 is the essential, nonredundant ligand for Notch1 during thymic T cell lineage commitmentUte Koch
Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research, 1066 Epalinges, Switzerland
J Exp Med 205:2515-23. 2008..Moreover, they strongly suggest that N1-expressing thymic progenitors interact with DL4-expressing TECs to suppress B lineage potential and to induce the first steps of intrathymic T cell development...
- TLR9 regulates the mycobacteria-elicited pulmonary granulomatous immune response in mice through DC-derived Notch ligand delta-like 4Toshihiro Ito
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2200, USA
J Clin Invest 119:33-46. 2009..cytokine profile, decreased accumulation of granuloma-associated myeloid DCs, and profoundly impaired delta-like 4 (dll4) Notch ligand expression...
- Deletion of Notch1 converts pro-T cells to dendritic cells and promotes thymic B cells by cell-extrinsic and cell-intrinsic mechanismsThorsten B Feyerabend
Institute for Immunology, University of Ulm, D 89081 Ulm, Germany
Immunity 30:67-79. 2009..Chimeric mice lacking the Notch ligand delta-like 4 (Dll4) in thymus epithelium revealed an essential role for Dll4 in T cell development...
- Role of ephrinB2 in nonproductive angiogenesis induced by Delta-like 4 blockadeShinsuke Yamanda
Department of Geriatrics and Gerontology, Institute of Development, Aging and Cancer, Tohoku University, Aoba ku, Sendai, Japan
Blood 113:3631-9. 2009Delta-like 4 (DLL4) is one of the Notch ligands and plays an important role in vascular development...
- The notch ligands Dll4 and Jagged1 have opposing effects on angiogenesisRui Benedito
Cancer Research UK London Research Institute, Vascular Development Laboratory, London, UK
Cell 137:1124-35. 2009..is inhibited by Notch signaling, which is activated by binding of the Notch receptor to its ligand Delta-like 4 (Dll4)...
- Notch exhibits ligand bias and maneuvers stage-specific steering of neural differentiation in embryonic stem cellsSaravana Kumar Ramasamy
National Centre for Cell Science, Ganeshkhind, Pune 411007, Maharashtra, India
Mol Cell Biol 30:1946-57. 2010..Thus, our investigation underscores a multifaceted role of Notch, demonstrating the interdependency of ligand usage and lineage specification and Notch acting as a master switch, displaying stage-specific influence on neurogenesis...
- Coronary arteries form by developmental reprogramming of venous cellsKristy Red-Horse
Department of Biochemistry and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Stanford, California 94305 5307, USA
Nature 464:549-53. 2010..Understanding this new reprogramming process and identifying the endogenous signals should suggest more natural ways of engineering coronary bypass grafts and revascularizing the heart...
- Direct comparison of Dll1- and Dll4-mediated Notch activation levels shows differential lymphomyeloid lineage commitment outcomesMahmood Mohtashami
Sunnybrook Research Institute, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Immunol 185:867-76. 2010..However, using cocultures, either Dll4 or Dll1 were shown to support T lymphopoiesis...
- The Wnt/beta-catenin pathway modulates vascular remodeling and specification by upregulating Dll4/Notch signalingMonica Corada
IFOM, The FIRC Institute of Molecular Oncology Foundation, 20139 Milan, Italy
Dev Cell 18:938-49. 2010..Both in vivo and in vitro data show that beta-catenin upregulates Dll4 transcription and strongly increases Notch signaling in the endothelium, leading to functional and morphological ..
- Combination of Dll4/Notch and Ephrin-B2/EphB4 targeted therapy is highly effective in disrupting tumor angiogenesisDusan Djokovic
Department of Pathology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA
BMC Cancer 10:641. 2010b>Dll4/Notch and Ephrin-B2/EphB4 pathways play critical roles in tumor vessel development and maturation...
- Dll1- and dll4-mediated notch signaling are required for homeostasis of intestinal stem cellsLuca Pellegrinet
Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research, Lausanne, Switzerland
Gastroenterology 140:1230-1240.e1-7. 2011..Furthermore, we investigated whether the induction of goblet cell differentiation that results from loss of Notch requires the transcription factor Krüppel-like factor 4 (Klf4)...
- Notch signaling regulates remodeling and vessel diameter in the extraembryonic yolk sacJessica N Copeland
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine and Institute for Reproductive Health and Regenerative Medicine, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
BMC Dev Biol 11:12. 2011..To further understand the role of Notch signaling during endothelial differentiation and the genes regulated by this pathway, both loss-of-function and gain-of-function approaches were analyzed in vivo...
- Bone marrow-derived endothelial progenitors expressing Delta-like 4 (Dll4) regulate tumor angiogenesisCarla Real
Angiogenesis Laboratory, CIPM Portuguese Institute of Oncology, Lisbon, Portugal
PLoS ONE 6:e18323. 2011..growth factor (VEGF), recent findings show the Notch signalling pathway, in particular the ligand Delta-like 4 (Dll4), is also essential for adequate tumor angiogenesis; Dll4 inhibition results in impaired, non-functional, ..
- Ongoing Dll4-Notch signaling is required for T-cell homeostasis in the adult thymusFabienne Billiard
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc, Tarrytown, NY, USA
Eur J Immunol 41:2207-16. 2011The essential role of the Delta-like ligand 4 (Dll4)-Notch signaling pathway in T-lymphocyte development is well established...
- The Notch1-Dll4 signaling pathway regulates mouse postnatal lymphatic developmentKyle Niessen
Department of Molecular Biology, Division of Research, Genentech Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Blood 118:1989-97. 2011..In this report, we show that blockade of Notch1 and Dll4, with specific function-blocking antibodies, results in defective postnatal lymphatic development in mice...
- Notch ligand delta-like 4 blockade alleviates experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis by promoting regulatory T cell developmentRibal Bassil
Center for Neurologic Diseases, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 187:2322-8. 2011..However, the role of Dll4 in Th1/Th17-mediated autoimmune diseases remains largely unknown...
- Notch-dependent VEGFR3 upregulation allows angiogenesis without VEGF-VEGFR2 signallingRui Benedito
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Biomedicine, Department of Tissue Morphogenesis, D 48149 Munster, Germany
Nature 484:110-4. 2012..Signalling triggered by VEGF-A (also known as VEGF) has been shown to induce expression of the Notch ligand DLL4 in angiogenic vessels and, most prominently, in the tip of endothelial sprouts...
- Endocardial cells form the coronary arteries by angiogenesis through myocardial-endocardial VEGF signalingBingruo Wu
Departments of Genetics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Cell 151:1083-96. 2012..This information may help develop better cell therapies for coronary artery disease...
- Dll4-Notch signaling determines the formation of native arterial collateral networks and arterial function in mouse ischemia modelsBrunella Cristofaro
CIRB College de France, Inserm U1050 CNRS UMR 7241, Paris, France
Development 140:1720-9. 2013..The Notch ligand Delta-like 4 (Dll4) promotes arterial differentiation and restricts vessel branching...
- Analysis of Dll4 regulation reveals a combinatorial role for Sox and Notch in arterial developmentNatalia Sacilotto
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research Ltd, Nuffield Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Oxford, Oxford OX3 7DQ, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:11893-8. 2013..characterization of two arterial endothelial cell-specific gene enhancers for the Notch ligand Delta-like ligand 4 (Dll4), we show that arterial Dll4 expression requires the direct binding of both the RBPJ/Notch intracellular domain and ..
- ETS factors regulate Vegf-dependent arterial specificationJoshua D Wythe
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Dev Cell 26:45-58. 2013..signaling specifies arterial fate during early vascular development by inducing the transcription of Delta-like 4 (Dll4), the earliest Notch ligand gene expressed in arterial precursor cells...
- In vivo and in absence of a thymus, the enforced expression of the Notch ligands delta-1 or delta-4 promotes T cell development with specific unique effectsAlix de La Coste
Unité de Biologie des Populations Lymphocytaires, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Unité de Recherche Associée 2582, Paris, France
J Immunol 174:2730-7. 2005....
- The role of the vascular endothelial growth factor-Delta-like 4 ligand/Notch4-ephrin B2 cascade in tumor vessel remodeling and endothelial cell functionsPatricia Hainaud
Institut des Vaisseaux et du Sang, INSERM U689, IFR139, Paris VII Denis Diderot, Hopital Lariboisiere, Paris, France
Cancer Res 66:8501-10. 2006Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and Delta-like 4 ligand (DLL4) are the only genes whose haploinsufficiency results in vascular abnormalities...
- Regulation of T cell activation by Notch ligand, DLL4, promotes IL-17 production and Rorc activationSumanta Mukherjee
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Immunol 182:7381-8. 2009..In the present studies we have investigated the role of a specific notch ligand, delta-like 4 (Dll4)...
- Lack of Delta like 1 and 4 expressions in nude thymus anlagesNoriyuki Tsukamoto
Department of Immunology and Microbiology, Meiji University of Oriental Medicine, Hiyoshi cho, Funai gun, Kyoto 629 0392, Japan
Cell Immunol 234:77-80. 2005..We investigated the expressions of Delta like (Dll) 1 and Dll4 in the mouse thymus anlages...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor-A inhibits EphB4 and stimulates delta-like ligand 4 expression in adult endothelial cellsChenzi Yang
Interdepartmental Program in Vascular Biology and Therapeutics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8089, USA
J Surg Res 183:478-86. 2013..In addition, although VEGF-A stimulates angiogenesis and determines arterial identity in nascent arterial endothelial cells (EC), the role of VEGF-A in regulating identity in adult venous EC is also not clear...
- Endothelin-2 signaling in the neural retina promotes the endothelial tip cell state and inhibits angiogenesisAmir Rattner
Departments of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Neuroscience, and Ophthalmology and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:E3830-9. 2013..The response to Edn2 is sufficiently potent that it overrides the activities of other homeostatic regulators of angiogenesis, such as Vegf. ..
- Inhibition of Delta-like 4 mediated signaling induces abortion in mice due to deregulation of decidual angiogenesisC M García-Pascual
Fundacion IVI, Instituto Universitario IVI INCLIVA, 46015, C Catedrático Agustín Escardino n 9, PARC CIENTIFIC UNIVERSITAT DE VALENCIA Edificio 3, CUE 2ª Planta Despacho 2 02, 46980 Paterna Valencia, Spain
Placenta 35:501-8. 2014To explore whether the Dll4/Notch1 pathway plays a key role in regulating the vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)/VEGF receptor 2 (VEGFR2) driven decidual angiogenesis and related pregnancy through induction of a tip/stalk phenotype.
- Sex steroid blockade enhances thymopoiesis by modulating Notch signalingEnrico Velardi
Immunology Program, Department of Medicine, and Department of Pediatrics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065 Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Perugia, 06122 Perugia, Italy
J Exp Med 211:2341-9. 2014..influence thymopoiesis is through direct inhibition in cortical thymic epithelial cells (cTECs) of Delta-like 4 (Dll4), a Notch ligand crucial for the commitment and differentiation of T cell progenitors in a dose-dependent manner...
- VEGFR3 does not sustain retinal angiogenesis without VEGFR2Georgia Zarkada
Wihuri Research Institute and Translational Cancer Biology Program, Biomedicum Helsinki, University of Helsinki, FIN 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112:761-6. 2015..abundant in the tip cells of angiogenic sprouts, where VEGF/VEGFR2 functions upstream of the delta-like ligand 4 (DLL4)/Notch signal transduction pathway...
- Macrophage Notch Ligand Delta-Like 4 Promotes Vein Graft Lesion Development: Implications for the Treatment of Vein Graft FailureJun ichiro Koga
From The Center for Excellence in Vascular Biology J K, T N, J L F, T N, M A, The Center for Interdisciplinary Cardiovascular Sciences J L F, H Z, J D, H I, M A, and Channing Division of Network Medicine M A, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA Department of Pathology J C A, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA Division of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, Department of Surgery C K O, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA David H Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research J E D, O F K, D G A, Harvard MIT Division of Health Sciences and Technology J E D, O F K, D G A, Institutes for Medical Engineering and Science J E D, O F K, D G A, and Department of Chemical Engineering D G A, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA and Department of Immunology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Tokyo
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 35:2343-53. 2015..Despite its large clinical impact, the underlying mechanisms for vein graft failure remain obscure and no effective therapeutic solutions are available. We tested the hypothesis that Notch signaling promotes vein graft disease...
- Neuralized-2: expression in human and rodents and interaction with Delta-like ligandsGrete Rullinkov
Department of Gene Technology, Tallinn University of Technology, Tallinn, Estonia
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 389:420-5. 2009..Neur2 protein has a predominantly cytoplasmic localization. We also show that in addition to Delta-like1, Neur1 and Neur2 interact with another Notch ligand, Delta-like4...
- Lunatic Fringe prolongs Delta/Notch-induced self-renewal of committed αβ T-cell progenitorsJulie S Yuan
Program in Developmental and Stem Cell Biology, Hospital for Sick Children Research Institute, 101 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Blood 117:1184-95. 2011..Our data provide novel insights into the Notch-pre-TCR collaboration, and suggest that decreasing Lfng expression during the DN3-DP transition minimizes the potent leukemogenic potential of Notch1 signaling...
- Target gene analysis by microarrays and chromatin immunoprecipitation identifies HEY proteins as highly redundant bHLH repressorsJulia Heisig
Developmental Biochemistry, Theodor Boveri Institute, Biocenter, University of Wuerzburg, Wuerzburg, Germany
PLoS Genet 8:e1002728. 2012..These data clearly establish the three HEY bHLH factors as highly redundant transcriptional repressors in vitro and in vivo, which explains the combinatorial action observed in different tissues with overlapping expression...
- Molecular cloning of delta-4, a new mouse and human Notch ligandT Yoneya
Pharmaceutical Research Laboratory, Kirin Brewery Co Ltd, Miyahara, Takasaki, Gunma 370 1295, Japan
J Biochem 129:27-34. 2001..Soluble forms of the extracellular portion of Delta-4 inhibit the apparent proliferation of human aortic endothelial cells, but not human pulmonary arterial endothelial cells...
- Divergent vascular mechanisms downstream of Sry establish the arterial system in the XY gonadJennifer Brennan
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Dev Biol 244:418-28. 2002..This newly formed arterial system establishes a new pattern of blood flow in the XY gonad, which we speculate may have an important role in export of testosterone to masculinize the XY embryo...
- A mutant receptor tyrosine phosphatase, CD148, causes defects in vascular developmentTakamune Takahashi
Nephrology Division and Center for Vascular Biology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:1817-31. 2003..These findings implicate a member of the receptor tyrosine phosphatase family, CD148, in developmental vascular organization and provide evidence that it regulates endothelial proliferation and endothelium-pericyte interactions...
- Expression of Notch pathway genes in the embryonic mouse metanephros suggests a role in proximal tubule developmentCornelia Leimeister
Theodor Boveri Institute, Biozentrum, Physiological Chemistry I, University of Wuerzburg, Am Hubland, 97074, Wuerzburg, Germany
Gene Expr Patterns 3:595-8. 2003..Our results point to a Lfng-dependent role for Notch signalling in the development of nephron segments, especially the proximal tubules...
- Developmental expression of the Notch signaling pathway genes during mouse preimplantation developmentSarah Cormier
Unite de Biologie du Developpement, Institut Pasteur, CNRS URA 2578, 25 rue du Docteur Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Gene Expr Patterns 4:713-7. 2004..Finally, we show that all the above genes are expressed both in Embryonic and Trophoblast Stem cells (ES and TS cells, respectively). Our results suggest that the Notch pathway may be active during mouse preimplantation development...
- Function of Delta4 gene and its effects on 32D cell differentiationChun Yan Ji
Institute of Hematology, Qilu Hospital, Shandong University, Jinan 250012, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 117:1687-92. 2004..The Notch signal system contains three parts: Notch molecules, Notch ligands and effectors. Delta4 is a newly-discovered Notch ligand which has received the attention of few detailed studies...
- Delta-4 expression on a stromal cell line is augmented by interleukin-6 via STAT3 activationMotoyuki Suzuki
Fujisaki Cell Center, Hayashibara Biochemical Laboratories, Inc, Okayama, Japan
Exp Hematol 34:1143-50. 2006..In this study, we focused on a new member of Notch ligand family, Delta-4, and analyzed regulatory mechanisms of Delta-4 expression by cytokines using stromal cell lines...
- Notch1 expression and ligand interactions in progenitor cells of the mouse olfactory epitheliumGerald A Schwarting
Shriver Center UMMS, 200 Trapelo Road, Waltham, MA 02452, USA
J Mol Histol 38:543-53. 2007..The Notch ligand Dll4 is expressed by basal OE cells that are interspersed with Notch1(+) progenitors during later OE neurogenesis...
- Mesenchymal cells are required for functional development of thymic epithelial cellsManami Itoi
Department of Immunology and Microbiology, Meiji University of Oriental Medicine, Hiyoshi cho, Nantan, Kyoto 629 0392, Japan
Int Immunol 19:953-64. 2007..In addition, our data suggest that mesenchymal cells are required to create the thymic microenvironment and to maintain epithelial architecture and function...
- Negative regulators of vessel patterningSteven Suchting
Inserm U833, Collge de France, 11 place Marcelin Berthelot, 75005 Paris, France
Novartis Found Symp 283:77-80; discussion 80-6, 238-41. 2007..that endothelial tip cell formation and vessel branching are negatively regulated by the Notch ligand Delta-like 4 (Dll4)...
- Notch signaling is required for the maintenance of enteric neural crest progenitorsYoshiaki Okamura
Department of Genetics, SOKENDAI, 1111 Yata, Mishima, Shizuoka 411 8540, Japan
Development 135:3555-65. 2008....
- Artery and vein size is balanced by Notch and ephrin B2/EphB4 during angiogenesisYung Hae Kim
Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Development 135:3755-64. 2008..Our findings provide mechanistic insight into the processes underlying artery and vein size equilibration during angiogenesis...
- Loss of Notch signalling induced by Dll4 causes arterial calibre reduction by increasing endothelial cell response to angiogenic stimuliRui Benedito
Centro Interdisciplinar de Investigação em Sanidade Animal, Faculdade de Medicina Veterinaria, Technical University of Lisbon, Lisboa, Portugal
BMC Dev Biol 8:117. 2008In the vascular system, Notch receptors and ligands are expressed mainly on arteries, with Delta-like 4 (Dll4) being the only ligand known to be expressed early during the development of arterial endothelial cells and capillaries...
- Cutting edge: Plasmacytoid dendritic cells induce IL-10 production in T cells via the Delta-like-4/Notch axisNadine Kassner
Deutsches Rheuma ForschungsZentrum Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Immunol 184:550-4. 2010..We provide a new mechanism for IL-10 induction by pDCs underlining the importance of the Dll-4/Notch axis in the regulation of inflammatory T cell responses...
- RBPjkappa-dependent Notch signaling regulates mesenchymal progenitor cell proliferation and differentiation during skeletal developmentYufeng Dong
Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, Center for Musculoskeletal Research, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Development 137:1461-71. 2010..Finally, Hes1 was identified as an RBPjkappa-dependent Notch target gene important for MPC maintenance and the suppression of in vitro chondrogenesis...
- Increased expression of angiogenic genes in the brains of mouse meg3-null embryosFrancesca E Gordon
Neuroendocrine Unit, Bulfinch 457B, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Endocrinology 151:2443-52. 2010..In conclusion, Meg3 may play an important role in control of vascularization in the brain and may function as a tumor suppressor in part by inhibiting angiogenesis...
- Serum and glucocorticoid-inducible kinase 1 (SGK1) is necessary for vascular remodeling during angiogenesisCatarina Catela
EMBL Mouse Biology Unit, Campus A Buzzati Traverso, Monterotondo Scalo RM, Italy
Dev Dyn 239:2149-60. 2010..These findings uncover a novel and essential function for SGK1 in cardiovascular development contributing to a better understanding of mammalian angiogenesis...
- Notch ligands transduce different magnitudes of signaling critical for determination of T-cell fateNatsumi Abe
Department of Immunology, Tokai University School of Medicine, Isehara, Kanagawa, Japan
Eur J Immunol 40:2608-17. 2010..Stromal cells expressing Dll4 or Dll1, but not Jagged1, support T lymphopoiesis in vitro, but the molecular basis of this functional divergence ..
- Identification and functional analysis of endothelial tip cell-enriched genesRaquel del Toro
Inserm U833, Paris, France
Blood 116:4025-33. 2010..Expression of the Notch ligand Delta-like-4 (Dll4) in tip cells suppresses tip cell fate in neighboring stalk cells via Notch signaling...
- Delta-like 4 differentially regulates murine CD4 T cell expansion via BMI1Matthew A Schaller
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e12172. 2010..It has also been shown that Notch ligands have diverse functions during T cell activation. We chose to investigate the role of Notch ligands during the Th2 response...
- Notch ligand delta-like 4 regulates development and pathogenesis of allergic airway responses by modulating IL-2 production and Th2 immunitySihyug Jang
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Immunol 185:5835-44. 2010..In this study, we show that delta-like ligand 4 (Dll4) was upregulated on dendritic cells in response to cockroach allergen...
- Delta-like ligand 4-Notch signaling regulates bone marrow-derived pericyte/vascular smooth muscle cell formationKeri Schadler Stewart
The Children s Cancer Hospital, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Blood 117:719-26. 2011Delta-like ligand 4 (DLL4) is essential for the formation of mature vasculature. However, the role of DLL4-Notch signaling in pericyte/vascular smooth muscle cell (vSMC) development is poorly understood...
- Differential regulation of Notch ligands in dendritic cells upon interaction with T helper cellsD Sauma
Departamento de Biologia, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Scand J Immunol 74:62-70. 2011..Based on our results, we propose that the positive feedback loop that Th2 cells exert on T cell polarization may involve the induction of Jagged 2 expression in DCs...
- Endothelial Jarid2/Jumonji is required for normal cardiac development and proper Notch1 expressionMatthew R Mysliwiec
Department of Anatomy, School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
J Biol Chem 286:17193-204. 2011..The identification of Jarid2 as a potential regulator of Notch1 signaling has broad implications for many cellular processes including development, stem cell maintenance, and tumor formation...
- Tangential migration and proliferation of intermediate progenitors of GABAergic neurons in the mouse telencephalonShengxi Wu
Department of Morphological Neural Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto 860 8556 Japan
Development 138:2499-509. 2011..IPGNs are maintained in the neocortex and may act as progenitors for adult neurogenesis...
- Delta-like ligand 4 regulates central nervous system T cell accumulation during experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitisNathanael D Reynolds
Department of Pathology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Immunol 187:2803-13. 2011..that CNS-infiltrating myeloid dendritic cells, macrophages, and resident microglia expressed Delta-like ligand 4 (DLL4) after EAE induction...
- Stepwise arteriovenous fate acquisition during mammalian vasculogenesisDiana C Chong
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
Dev Dyn 240:2153-65. 2011..Together, our results provide a first spatiotemporal analysis of mammalian AV cell fate establishment and anatomy, as well as a delineation of a molecular toolkit for analysis of arteries and veins during early vessel development...
- Isolation and characterization of the notch ligand delta4P K Rao
Department of Genetics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19104, USA
Exp Cell Res 260:379-86. 2000..Here we present the isolation of a novel Notch ligand, Delta4. Expression analyses indicate that mouse Delta4 is highly expressed in the eye and lung during embryogenesis and ..
- Expression of Notch pathway components in fetal and adult mouse small intestineNatalia Schröder
Institut für Molekularbiologie OE5250, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Carl Neubergstrasse 1, D 30625 Hannover, Germany
Gene Expr Patterns 2:247-50. 2002....
- Math1 controls cerebellar granule cell differentiation by regulating multiple components of the Notch signaling pathwayRoi Gazit
Cell and Animal Biology, The Institute of Life Sciences, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem 91904, Israel
Development 131:903-13. 2004..Taken together, our data demonstrate that CGC differentiation, but not specification, depends on Math1, which acts by regulating the level of multiple components of the Notch signaling pathway...
- Segmental expression of Notch and Hairy genes in nephrogenesisLinghong Chen
Department of Medicine, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, 630 W 168th St, New York, NY 10032, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 288:F939-52. 2005..These studies provide the basis for the future development of strategies to examine the role of individual effector molecules in the determination of the differentiation pattern of the nephron...
- Notch1 signals through Jagged2 to regulate apoptosis in the apical ectodermal ridge of the developing limb budJeffrey C Francis
Division of Developmental Biology, National Institute for Medical Research, Mill Hill, London, UK
Dev Dyn 234:1006-15. 2005..Regulation of the extent of the AER is achieved by Notch signalling positively regulating apoptosis in the AER. We also demonstrate that Notch1 is not required for proper formation of all the derivatives of the limb mesenchyme...
- A regulatory network involving Foxn4, Mash1 and delta-like 4/Notch1 generates V2a and V2b spinal interneurons from a common progenitor poolMarta G del Barrio
Wolfson Institute for Biomedical Research and Department of Biology, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Development 134:3427-36. 2007..We show here in experiments conducted using mouse and chick that Foxn4 induces expression of delta-like 4 (Dll4) and Mash1 (Ascl1). Dll4 then signals through Notch1 to subdivide the p2 progenitor pool...
- Impaired embryonic haematopoiesis yet normal arterial development in the absence of the Notch ligand Jagged1Alex Robert-Moreno
Centre Oncologia Molecular, IDIBELL, Gran Via km 2 7 Hospitalet, Barcelona, Spain
EMBO J 27:1886-95. 2008..Taken together, our results indicate that Jagged1-mediated activation of Notch1 is responsible for regulating GATA2 expression in the AGM, which in turn is essential for definitive haematopoiesis in the mouse...
- Foxc transcription factors directly regulate Dll4 and Hey2 expression by interacting with the VEGF-Notch signaling pathways in endothelial cellsHisaki Hayashi
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee, United States of America
PLoS ONE 3:e2401. 2008..for arterial cell specification during development by directly inducing the transcription of Delta-like 4 (Dll4), a ligand for Notch receptors...
- NOTCH SIGNALING IN HEMATOPOIETIC CELLSTHOMAS KADESCH; Fiscal Year: 2002..Experiments are proposed to characterize signaling through Deltex. ..
- TRANSCRIPTIONAL DETERMINANTS OF B LYMPHOCYTESTHOMAS KADESCH; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Phenotypic screen in mouse embryonic for TGF-beta signaling mutationsJAY VIVIAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..Cell-based mutation screening strategies as developed in this proposal can be applied to any active biochemical pathway in mouse ES cells, to generate mouse lines for analysis in vivo. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Migration of early olfactory neuronal progenitorsGERALD SCHWARTING; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will lead to an understanding of the complex factors that guide GnRH neurons to their proper destinations in the hypothalamus to control the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis. ..