Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Dhrs3
Description: dehydrogenase/reductase (SDR family) member 3
Alias: Rsdr1, retSDR1, short-chain dehydrogenase/reductase 3, retinal short-chain dehydrogenase/reductase 1
- The retinaldehyde reductase DHRS3 is essential for preventing the formation of excess retinoic acid during embryonic developmentSara E Billings
1Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Pharmacy, 5060 Malott Hall, 1251 Wescoe Hall Dr, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS 66045, USA
FASEB J 27:4877-89. 2013..Herein, we investigate the role of the retinaldehyde reductase Dhrs3 in embryonic retinoid metabolism using a Dhrs3-deficient mouse...
- The retinaldehyde reductase activity of DHRS3 is reciprocally activated by retinol dehydrogenase 10 to control retinoid homeostasisMark K Adams
From the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, Schools of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294
J Biol Chem 289:14868-80. 2014The retinoic acid-inducible dehydrogenase reductase 3 (DHRS3) is thought to function as a retinaldehyde reductase that controls the levels of all-trans-retinaldehyde, the immediate precursor for bioactive all-trans-retinoic acid...
- p53-Inducible DHRS3 is an endoplasmic reticulum protein associated with lipid droplet accumulationChad Deisenroth
Department of Radiation Oncology, School of Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Biol Chem 286:28343-56. 2011..an effort to identify novel p53 target genes, a microarray approach was utilized to identify DHRS3 (also known as retSDR1) as a robust candidate gene...
- Molecular characterization of a novel short-chain dehydrogenase/reductase that reduces all-trans-retinalF Haeseleer
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98195 6485, USA
J Biol Chem 273:21790-9. 1998..We report here the cloning of a dehydrogenase, retSDR1, that belongs to the short-chain dehydrogenase/reductase superfamily and localizes predominantly in cone ..
- Bmp-2 downstream targets in mesenchymal development identified by subtractive cloning from recombinant mesenchymal progenitors (C3H10T1/2)D Bächner
Gesellschaft fur Biotechnologische Forschung, Growth Factors and Receptors, Braunschweig, Germany
Dev Dyn 213:398-411. 1998..C3H10T1/2-progenitors, therefore, may serve as a legitimate model for the investigation of the Bmp-mediated events during mesenchymal differentiation...
- Identification of novel genes expressed during metanephric induction through single-cell library screeningJ M Abidari
Scott Department of Urology, Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, and Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, and Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Kidney Int 57:2221-8. 2000..These findings suggest that Bmp7 controls the expression of genes important for nephrogenesis, but the identity of these genes has remained largely undetermined...