Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cxcr2
Description: chemokine (C-X-C motif) receptor 2
Alias: CD128, CDw128, Cmkar2, Gpcr16, IL-8Rh, IL-8rb, IL8RA, Il8rb, mIL-8RH, C-X-C chemokine receptor type 2, CXC-R2, CXCR-2, GRO/MGSA receptor, IL-8 receptor alpha chain, IL-8R B, chemokine (C-X-C) receptor 2, high affinity interleukin-8 receptor B, interleukin 8 receptor, beta, interleukin-8 receptor type B
Publications128 found, 100 shown here
- Interleukin 8 receptor deficiency confers susceptibility to acute experimental pyelonephritis and may have a human counterpartB Frendeus
Department of Microbiology, Immunology, and Glycobiology, Institute of Laboratory Medicine, Lund University, S 223 62 Lund, Sweden
J Exp Med 192:881-90. 2000..The results provide a first molecular clue to disease susceptibility of patients prone to acute pyelonephritis...
- CXCR2-/- mice show enhanced susceptibility to herpetic stromal keratitis: a role for IL-6-induced neovascularizationKaustuv Banerjee
Comparative and Experimental Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37996, USA
J Immunol 172:1237-45. 2004..of neutrophils in pathogenesis, HSV infection was compared in BALB/c and mice of the same background, but lacking CXCR2, the receptor for chemokines involved in neutrophil recruitment...
- IL-10-conditioned dendritic cells, decommissioned for recruitment of adaptive immunity, elicit innate inflammatory gene products in response to danger signalsKathleen F Nolan
Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, Oxford University, Oxford, United Kingdom
J Immunol 172:2201-9. 2004..induction of mediators known to enhance local inflammation and innate immunity, among which we highlight a novel CXCR2 ligand, DC inflammatory protein-1...
- CXCR2 is required for neutrophil recruitment to the lung during influenza virus infection, but is not essential for viral clearanceMark D Wareing
Viral Immunology, Torrey Pines Institute for Molecular Studies, San Diego, California 92121, USA
Viral Immunol 20:369-78. 2007..In the present study, we used CXCR2(/) mice to investigate the role of the chemokine receptor CXCR2 in neutrophil recruitment to the lungs during ..
- CXC ligand 5 is an adipose-tissue derived factor that links obesity to insulin resistanceCarine Chavey
INSERM U834, U896, U834, CRLC Val d Aurelle, Univ Montpellier 1, F 34295, France
Cell Metab 9:339-49. 2009..by treating obese, insulin-resistant mice with either anti-CXCL5 neutralizing antibodies or antagonists of CXCR2, which is the CXCL5 receptor, we demonstrate that CXCL5 mediates insulin resistance...
- Cutting edge: critical role for mesothelial cells in necrosis-induced inflammation through the recognition of IL-1 alpha released from dying cellsTatjana Eigenbrod
Department of Pathology and Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Immunol 181:8194-8. 2008..Furthermore, IL-1alpha was critical to induce the recruitment of neutrophils in the peritoneal cavity via CXCR2. These studies show that IL-1alpha is a key danger signal released from necrotic cells to trigger CXCL1 secretion ..
- Embryonic expression and function of the chemokine SDF-1 and its receptor, CXCR4K E McGrath
Department of Pediatrics and Cancer Center, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York, 14642, USA
Dev Biol 213:442-56. 1999..5 and E8.5). Other chemokine receptor messages (CCR1, CCR4, CCR5, CCR2, and CXCR2) were found in E12.5 tissues concordant temporally and spatially with definitive (adult-like) hematopoiesis...
- IL-1α modulates neutrophil recruitment in chronic inflammation induced by hydrocarbon oilPui Y Lee
Division of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
J Immunol 186:1747-54. 2011..IL-1α and IL-1R signaling promote the migration of neutrophils to the peritoneal cavity in a CXCR2-dependent manner...
- Molecular cloning and functional expression of murine JE (monocyte chemoattractant protein 1) and murine macrophage inflammatory protein 1alpha receptors: evidence for two closely linked C-C chemokine receptors on chromosome 9L Boring
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, San Francisco, California 94141 9100, USA
J Biol Chem 271:7551-8. 1996..The identification and cloning of two functional murine chemokine receptors provides important new tools for investigating the roles of these potent cytokines in vivo...
- Susceptibility to experimental Lyme arthritis correlates with KC and monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 production in joints and requires neutrophil recruitment via CXCR2Charles R Brown
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
J Immunol 171:893-901. 2003..Infection of CXCR2(-/-) mice on either genetic background resulted in a significant decrease in the development of pathology, ..
- Pulmonary CXCR2 regulates VCAM-1 and antigen-induced recruitment of mast cell progenitorsJenny Hallgren
Division of Rheumatology, Immunology, and Allergy, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:20478-83. 2007..In seeking a chemokine component, we found that CXCR2-deficient but not CCR3- or CCR5-deficient sensitized and antigen-challenged mice have significantly fewer lung MCp ..
- A role for a CXCR2/phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase gamma signaling axis in acute and chronic vascular permeabilityJulie Gavard
Oral and Pharyngeal Cancer Branch, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, 30 Convent Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:2469-80. 2009..Rac1 through Src-related kinases, IL-8 specifically signals to Rac1 through its cognate G protein-linked receptor, CXCR2, and the stimulation of the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase gamma (PI3Kgamma) catalytic isoform, thereby providing a ..
- Chemokine binding and activities mediated by the mouse IL-8 receptorJ Lee
Department of Molecular Biology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
J Immunol 155:2158-64. 1995..These results show that macrophage inflammatory protein 2 and KC potently activate mouse neutrophils via a unique IL-8R, and these proteins may function as the major proinflammatory alpha chemokines in mice...
- Mucosal and systemic candidiasis in IL-8Rh-/- BALB/c miceE Balish
Department of Surgery, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison 53706 1532, USA
J Leukoc Biol 66:144-50. 1999..These results suggest a role for the IL-8Rh in murine resistance to gastric and acute systemic candidiasis, but not in resistance to systemic candidiasis of endogenous origin...
- Delayed wound healing in CXCR2 knockout miceR M Devalaraja
Departments of Cell Biology, Plastic Surgery, Medicine Division of Dermatology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine and Department of Veterans Affairs, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
J Invest Dermatol 115:234-44. 2000Previous studies demonstrated that the CXC chemokine, MGSA/GRO-alpha and its receptor, CXCR2, are expressed during wound healing by keratinocytes and endothelial cells at areas where epithelialization and neovascularization occur...
- Transepithelial neutrophil migration is CXCR1 dependent in vitro and is defective in IL-8 receptor knockout miceG Godaly
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Division of Microbiology, Immunology and Glycobiology, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
J Immunol 165:5287-94. 2000..Uroepithelial CXCR1 and CXCR2 expression was detected in human urinary tract biopsies, and in vitro infection of human uroepithelial cell lines ..
- Interleukin-8 receptor knockout mice have subepithelial neutrophil entrapment and renal scarring following acute pyelonephritisL Hang
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Glycobiology, Institute of Laboratory Medicine, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
J Infect Dis 182:1738-48. 2000..In their absence, the neutrophils are trapped, and the tissues are destroyed. This molecular deficiency may determine the progression from acute pyelonephritis to renal scarring...
- CXC chemokine receptor 2 but not C-C chemokine receptor 1 expression is essential for neutrophil recruitment to the cornea in helminth-mediated keratitis (river blindness)L R Hall
Department of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University and University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
J Immunol 166:4035-41. 2001..b>CXCR2(-/-) and CCR1(-/-) mice were immunized s.c...
- CXCR2 deficiency confers impaired neutrophil recruitment and increased susceptibility during Toxoplasma gondii infectionL Del Rio
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
J Immunol 167:6503-9. 2001..In this work, mice deficient in expression of the chemokine receptor CXCR2 were infected with Toxoplasma gondii and the outcome was monitored...
- The involvement of the chemokine receptor CXCR2 in neutrophil recruitment in LPS-induced inflammation and in Mycobacterium avium infectionA S Goncalves
Laboratory of Microbiology and Immunology of Infection, Institute for Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Porto, Portugal
Scand J Immunol 55:585-91. 2002Knockout mice for CXC receptor 2 (CXCR2) chemokine receptor were used to study the recruitment of neutrophils during acute and chronic inflammatory responses...
- The chemokine receptor CXCR2 controls positioning of oligodendrocyte precursors in developing spinal cord by arresting their migrationHui Hsin Tsai
Department of Neurosciences, School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Cell 110:373-83. 2002..Here we demonstrate a role for the chemokine CXCL1 and its receptor CXCR2 in patterning the developing spinal cord...
- Critical role for CXCR2 and CXCR2 ligands during the pathogenesis of ventilator-induced lung injuryJohn A Belperio
Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90024 1922, USA
J Clin Invest 110:1703-16. 2002..Because the murine CXC chemokines KC/CXCL1 and MIP-2/CXCL2/3, via CXCR2, are potent neutrophil chemoattractants, we investigated their role in a murine model of VILI...
- Depletion of CXCR2 inhibits tumor growth and angiogenesis in a murine model of lung cancerMichael P Keane
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine and Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
J Immunol 172:2853-60. 2004..ELR(+) CXC chemokines share a common chemokine receptor, CXCR2. We hypothesized that CXCR2 mediates the proangiogenic effects of ELR(+) CXC chemokines during tumorigenesis...
- T-cell properties determine disease site, clinical presentation, and cellular pathology of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitisSara Abromson-Leeman
Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, New Research Building, 77 Louis Pasteur Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Pathol 165:1519-33. 2004..Furthermore, studies using CXCR2 knockout recipients, unable to recruit neutrophils to inflammatory sites, show that although neutrophils are ..
- Natural history of renal scarring in susceptible mIL-8Rh-/- miceMajlis Svensson
Institute of Laboratory Medicine, Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Glycobiology, University of Lund, Lund, Sweden
Kidney Int 67:103-10. 2005..Recently, the interleukin (IL)-8 receptor was shown to control disease susceptibility in mice and low IL-8 receptor expression was observed in pyelonephritis-prone patients...
- A homolog of the human chemokine receptor CXCR1 is expressed in the mouseBarbara Moepps
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Ulm, Albert Einstein Allee 11, 89081 Ulm, Germany
Mol Immunol 43:897-914. 2006..that is highly similar to the cDNAs of hCXCR1 and hCXCR2, but is clearly distinct from the cDNA encoding mouse CXCR2 (mCXCR2)...
- Direct hepatotoxic effect of KC chemokine in the liver without infiltration of neutrophilsLela Stefanovic
Department of Biomedical Science, Florida State University College of Medicine, Tallahassee, FL 32306, USA
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 230:573-86. 2005..Hepatic stellate cells constitutively express the KC receptor, CXCR2. Addition of recombinant KC to HSCs undergoing activation in culture increases secretion and processing of Type I ..
- Up-regulated expression of the CXCR2 ligand KC/GRO-alpha in atherosclerotic lesions plays a central role in macrophage accumulation and lesion progressionWilliam A Boisvert
Department of Immunology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California, USA
Am J Pathol 168:1385-95. 2006..We have determined previously that the CXC chemokine receptor CXCR2 is involved in advanced atherosclerosis...
- High expression of ligands for chemokine receptor CXCR2 in alveolar epithelial neoplasia induced by oncogenic krasMarie Wislez
Department of Thoracic Head and Neck Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer Res 66:4198-207. 2006CXCL8, a ligand for the chemokine receptor CXCR2, was recently reported to be a transcriptional target of Ras signaling, but its role in Ras-induced tumorigenesis has not been fully defined...
- Alterations in the oligodendrocyte lineage, myelin, and white matter in adult mice lacking the chemokine receptor CXCR2Dolly A Padovani-Claudio
Department of Neurosciences, Case School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 6002, USA
Glia 54:471-83. 2006..Previous studies showed that localized expression of the chemokine CXCL1 signals through the receptor CXCR2 to inhibit the migration and enhance the proliferation of spinal cord OPCs during development...
- Role of eosinophils and neutrophils in innate and adaptive protective immunity to larval strongyloides stercoralis in miceAnn Marie Galioto
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Thomas Jefferson University, 233 S 10th St, BLSB 530, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Infect Immun 74:5730-8. 2006..approach used was to treat mice with an anti-CCR3 monoclonal antibody to eliminate eosinophils or to use CXCR2-/- mice, which have a severe neutrophil recruitment defect, and then determine the effect of the reduction or ..
- Murine CXCR1 is a functional receptor for GCP-2/CXCL6 and interleukin-8/CXCL8Xuedong Fan
Inflammation Department, Discovery Technologies Department, Schering Plough Research Institute, Kenilworth, New Jersey 07033, USA
J Biol Chem 282:11658-66. 2007Functional interleuin-8 (IL-8) receptors (IL-8RA and IL-8RB: CXCR1 and CXCR2, respectively) have been described in human, monkey, dog, rabbit, and guinea pig...
- Chronic interleukin-1beta expression in mouse brain leads to leukocyte infiltration and neutrophil-independent blood brain barrier permeability without overt neurodegenerationSolomon S Shaftel
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Neurosci 27:9301-9. 2007..Knock-out of their sole receptor CXCR2 abrogated neutrophil infiltration but failed to reduce leakage of the blood-brain barrier.
- The Th17-ELR+ CXC chemokine pathway is essential for the development of central nervous system autoimmune diseaseThaddeus Carlson
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Exp Med 205:811-23. 2008..Blockade or genetic silencing of CXCR2, a major receptor for these chemokines in mice, abrogates blood-brain barrier (BBB) breakdown, CNS infiltration by ..
- Chemokine signaling via the CXCR2 receptor reinforces senescenceJuan C Acosta
Cell Proliferation Group, MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, Hammersmith Campus, W12 0NN London, UK
Cell 133:1006-18. 2008..Here, we report that knocking down the chemokine receptor CXCR2 (IL8RB) alleviates both replicative and oncogene-induced senescence (OIS) and diminishes the DNA-damage response...
- Points of control exerted along the macrophage-endothelial cell-polymorphonuclear neutrophil axis by PECAM-1 in the innate immune response of acute colonic inflammationNaohito Sugimoto
Critical Illness Research, Lawson Health Research Institute, London, Ontario, Canada
J Immunol 181:2145-54. 2008..Further, as compared with PECAM-1(+/+) PMN, PECAM-1(-/-) PMN were less effective in orientating their CXCR2 receptors (polarization) in the direction of a chemotactic gradient...
- Hepatocyte signaling through CXC chemokine receptor-2 is detrimental to liver recovery after ischemia/reperfusion in miceSatoshi Kuboki
Laboratory of Trauma, Sepsis, and Inflammation Research, Department of Surgery, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0558, USA
Hepatology 48:1213-23. 2008CXC chemokines and their receptor, CXC chemokine receptor-2 (CXCR2), are important components of the hepatic inflammatory response to ischemia/reperfusion (I/R)...
- Chemokine CXCL1/KC and its receptor CXCR2 are responsible for neutrophil chemotaxis in adenoviral keratitisAshish V Chintakuntlawar
Molecular Pathogenesis of Eye Infection Research Center, Dean McGee Eye Institute, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA
J Interferon Cytokine Res 29:657-66. 2009..Here, we have characterized the role of chemokine CXCL1/KC and receptor CXCR2 in adenoviral keratitis using a novel mouse model...
- A protective role for ELR+ chemokines during acute viral encephalomyelitisMartin P Hosking
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, University of California, Irvine, California, USA
PLoS Pathog 5:e1000648. 2009..central nervous system (CNS) of mice resulted in the rapid mobilization of PMNs expressing the chemokine receptor CXCR2 into the blood...
- CXCR2-positive neutrophils are essential for cuprizone-induced demyelination: relevance to multiple sclerosisLiping Liu
Neuroinflammation Research Center, Department of Neuroscience, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Nat Neurosci 13:319-26. 2010..We found that mice lacking the type 2 CXC chemokine receptor (CXCR2) were relatively resistant to cuprizone-induced demyelination and that circulating CXCR2-positive neutrophils were ..
- CXCR2 and CXCR4 antagonistically regulate neutrophil trafficking from murine bone marrowKyle J Eash
Division of Oncology, Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, Saint Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Clin Invest 120:2423-31. 2010..We investigated the role of CXCR2-binding ELR+ chemokines in neutrophil trafficking using mouse mixed bone marrow chimeras reconstituted with Cxcr2(-..
- Lipid-cytokine-chemokine cascade drives neutrophil recruitment in a murine model of inflammatory arthritisRichard C Chou
Division of Rheumatology, Allergy, and Immunology, Center for Immunology and Inflammatory Diseases, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Immunity 33:266-78. 2010..CCR1 and CXCR2, two neutrophil chemokine receptors, operate nonredundantly to sequentially control the later phase of neutrophil ..
- Roles of hepatocyte and myeloid CXC chemokine receptor-2 in liver recovery and regeneration after ischemia/reperfusion in miceHeather L Van Sweringen
Department of Surgery, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
Hepatology 57:331-8. 2013Previous studies have demonstrated the significance of signaling through the CXC chemokine receptor-2 (CXCR2) receptor in the process of recovery and regeneration of functional liver mass after hepatic ischemia/reperfusion (I/R)...
- CXCR1/2 inhibition enhances pancreatic islet survival after transplantationAntonio Citro
San Raffaele Diabetes Research Institute HSR DRI, Milan, Italy
J Clin Invest 122:3647-51. 2012..These findings indicate that the CXCR1/2-mediated pathway is a regulator of islet damage and should be a target for intervention to improve the efficacy of transplantation...
- Neutrophil and B cell expansion in mice that lack the murine IL-8 receptor homologG Cacalano
Department of Cell Genetics, Genentech, South San Francisco, CA 94080
Science 265:682-4. 1994..This receptor was the major mediator of neutrophil migration to sites of inflammation and may provide a potential therapeutic target in inflammatory disease...
- CXCR2- and E-selectin-induced neutrophil arrest during inflammation in vivoMichael L Smith
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Exp Med 200:935-9. 2004..investigated neutrophil adhesion in inflamed cremaster muscle venules in tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-alpha-treated CXCR2(-/-) or wild-type (WT) mice injected with E-selectin blocking monoclonal antibody (mAb) 9A9...
- Critical role of endothelial CXCR2 in LPS-induced neutrophil migration into the lungJörg Reutershan
Robert M Berne Cardiovascular Research Center, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908 1394, USA
J Clin Invest 116:695-702. 2006In models of acute lung injury, CXC chemokine receptor 2 (CXCR2) mediates migration of polymorphonuclear leukocytes (PMNs) into the lung...
- Neutrophils are indispensable for hematopoietic stem cell mobilization induced by interleukin-8 in miceJohannes F M Pruijt
Laboratory of Experimental Hematology, Department of Hematology, Leiden University Medical Center, 2300 RC, Leiden, The Netherlands
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:6228-33. 2002..These data demonstrate that IL-8-induced mobilization of HPCs requires the in vivo activation of circulating PMNs...
- Constitutive homing of mast cell progenitors to the intestine depends on autologous expression of the chemokine receptor CXCR2J Pablo Abonia
Department of Pediatrics, Cincinnati Children s Medical Center, OH, USA
Blood 105:4308-13. 2005..We now demonstrate the dependence of this process on CXC chemokine receptor 2 (CXCR2) and vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (VCAM-1) using null strains and mice sublethally irradiated and bone marrow ..
- Down-regulation of CXCR2 on neutrophils in severe sepsis is mediated by inducible nitric oxide synthase-derived nitric oxideFabricio Rios-Santos
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Av Bandeirantes 3900, Monte Alegre, 14049 900 Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 175:490-7. 2007..Our laboratory has shown that inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) induction and NO production contribute to the failure of neutrophils to migrate in the context of sepsis...
- Chemokine MIP-2/CXCL2, acting on CXCR2, induces motor neuron death in primary culturesMassimiliano De Paola
Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Milano, Italia
Neuroimmunomodulation 14:310-6. 2007..We evaluated the expression of CXCR1 and CXCR2 and investigated the effect of CXCR2 activation by the agonist MIP-2 (CXCL2) on primary cultured motor neurons...
- Defects in actin dynamics lead to an autoinflammatory condition through the upregulation of CXCL5Angela M Verdoni
Department of Medical Genetics, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin, United States of America
PLoS ONE 3:e2701. 2008..In this study, we sought to characterize this inflammatory condition and explore the physiological mechanism through which a loss of Dstn function leads to inflammation...
- Inflammasome sensor Nlrp1b-dependent resistance to anthrax is mediated by caspase-1, IL-1 signaling and neutrophil recruitmentMahtab Moayeri
Laboratory of Bacterial Diseases, Bacterial Toxins and Therapeutics Section, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 6:e1001222. 2010..These data confirm an inverse relationship between murine macrophage sensitivity to lethal toxin and mouse susceptibility to spore infection, and establish roles for Nlrp1b(S), caspase-1, and IL-1β in countering anthrax infection...
- Identification of ectodysplasin target genes reveals the involvement of chemokines in hair developmentSylvie Lefebvre
Developmental Biology Program, Institute of Biotechnology, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
J Invest Dermatol 132:1094-102. 2012..Deficiency in cxcR3 resulted in decreased primary hair follicle density but otherwise normal hair development, indicating that chemokine signaling influences the patterning of primary hair placodes only...
- The CXCR1/2 ligand NAP-2 promotes directed intravascular leukocyte migration through platelet thrombiMehran Ghasemzadeh
Australian Centre for Blood Diseases, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
Blood 121:4555-66. 2013....
- Chemokine contribution to neuropathic pain: respective induction of CXCL1 and CXCR2 in spinal cord astrocytes and neuronsZhi Jun Zhang
Institute of Nautical Medicine, Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Neuroregeneration, Nantong University, Nantong 226001, China Department of Anatomy, Medical School of Nantong University, Nantong 226001, China
Pain 154:2185-97. 2013..Interestingly, CXCR2, the primary receptor of CXCL1, was upregulated in dorsal horn neurons after SNL, and the CXCR2 antagonist ..
- CXCR2 knockout mice are protected against DSS-colitis-induced acute kidney injury and inflammationPunithavathi Ranganathan
Dept of Medicine Vascular Biology Center, CB 3702, Georgia Regents Univ, 1459 Laney Walker Blvd, Augusta, GA 30912
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 305:F1422-7. 2013..However, CXCR2 knockout mice were protected against DSS-colitis as well as acute kidney injury...
- IL-17A promotes the exacerbation of IL-33-induced airway hyperresponsiveness by enhancing neutrophilic inflammation via CXCR2 signaling in miceNobuaki Mizutani
Department of Pharmacology, Kobe Pharmaceutical University, Higashinada, Kobe 658 8558, Japan
J Immunol 192:1372-84. 2014..CXC chemokines, including CXCL1, CXCL2, and CXCL5, and infiltration by alveolar macrophages expressing CXCR2. Treatment with anti-CXCR2 mAb or depletion of alveolar macrophages repressed neutrophilic inflammation and AHR; ..
- G Protein-coupled receptor kinase-6 interacts with activator of G protein signaling-3 to regulate CXCR2-mediated cellular functionsVandana Singh
Department of Biology, Julius L Chambers Biomedical Biotechnology Research Institute, North Carolina Central University, Durham, NC 27707
J Immunol 192:2186-94. 2014The IL-8 (CXCL8) receptors CXCR1 and CXCR2 couple to Gαi to induce leukocyte recruitment and activation at sites of inflammation...
- Expression and function of CXCR2, CXCR7 of acute leukemic cells in ratYuan lu Huang
Hematological Department, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Asian Pac J Trop Med 7:417-20. 2014To investigate the expression and function of chemokine receptor CXCR2 and CXCR7 in the rat with acute leukemia.
- CXCR2 is essential for cerebral endothelial activation and leukocyte recruitment during neuroinflammationFengjiao Wu
Department of Immunology, Nanjing Medical University, 140 Hanzhong Road, Nanjing, JS, 210029, China
J Neuroinflammation 12:98. 2015..In this study, we investigated the roles of CXCR2 and CXCL1 in leukocyte recruitment to the CNS using a murine model of neuroinflammation.
- Serum amyloid A1α induces paracrine IL-8/CXCL8 via TLR2 and directly synergizes with this chemokine via CXCR2 and formyl peptide receptor 2 to recruit neutrophilsMieke De Buck
Laboratory of Molecular Immunology and Laboratory of Immunobiology, Rega Institute for Medical Research, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Leukoc Biol 98:1049-60. 2015..g., lipopolysaccharide) inflammatory mediators induce primary chemoattractants such as serum amyloid A that synergize in an autocrine (monocyte) or a paracrine (neutrophil) fashion with secondary chemokines induced in stromal cells. ..
- Neutrophils Oppose Uterine Epithelial Carcinogenesis via Debridement of Hypoxic Tumor CellsAdam Blaisdell
Department of Pathology, NYU School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Cancer Cell 28:785-99. 2015..These findings provide insight into tumor-associated PMNs and reveal a context-specific capacity for PMNs to directly combat tumorigenesis. ..
- Mesenchymal transition and dissemination of cancer cells is driven by myeloid-derived suppressor cells infiltrating the primary tumorBenjamin Toh
Singapore Immunology Network, BMSI, A STAR, Singapore
PLoS Biol 9:e1001162. 2011..These findings explain how cancer cells acquire a motile phenotype so early and provide a mechanistic explanation for the long recognized link between inflammation and cancer progression...
- Epigenetic augmentation of the macrophage inflammatory protein 2/C-X-C chemokine receptor type 2 axis through histone H3 acetylation in injured peripheral nerves elicits neuropathic painNorikazu Kiguchi
Department of Pharmacology, Wakayama Medical University, 811 1 Kimiidera, Wakayama, Wakayama 641 0012, Japan
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 340:577-87. 2012..the C-X-C chemokine ligand type 2 [macrophage inflammatory protein 2 (MIP-2)]/C-X-C chemokine receptor type 2 (CXCR2) axis and epigenetic regulation of these molecules in neuropathic pain after peripheral nerve injury...
- ERK2-dependent activation of c-Jun is required for nontypeable Haemophilus influenzae-induced CXCL2 upregulation in inner ear fibrocytesSejo Oh
Division of Clinical and Translational Research, House Research Institute, Los Angeles, CA 90057, USA
J Immunol 188:3496-505. 2012..influenzae-activated c-Jun than that of the distal one. Our results will enable us better to understand the molecular pathogenesis of middle ear infection-induced inner ear inflammation...
- Role of CXC chemokine receptor-2 in a murine model of bronchopulmonary dysplasiaAnna Hogmalm
Department of Pediatrics, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 47:746-58. 2012..To study the hypothesis that CXC chemokine receptor-2 (CXCR2) is a mediator of inflammatory lung injury, we compared lung development in IL-1β-expressing mice with wild-type (..
- Neutrophilia in mice that lack the murine IL-8 receptor homologD E Shuster
Science 269:1590-1. 1995
- The murine dilute suppressor gene encodes a cell autonomous suppressorK J Moore
Mammalian Genetics Laboratory, ABL Basic Research Program, NCI Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Maryland 21702
Genetics 138:491-7. 1994..In addition, we have further refined the map location of dsu in order to examine a number of possible dsu candidate genes mapping in the region and to provide a genetic basis for the positional cloning of dsu...
- An Nramp-related sequence maps to mouse chromosome 17J K Dosik
Laboratory of Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Mamm Genome 5:458-60. 1994
- Cloning of a cDNA encoding a mouse homolog of the interleukin-8 receptorA Harada
Department of Pharmacology, Kanazawa University, Japan
Gene 142:297-300. 1994....
- Involvement of Interleukin (IL) 8 receptor in negative regulation of myeloid progenitor cells in vivo: evidence from mice lacking the murine IL-8 receptor homologueH E Broxmeyer
Department of Medicine Hematology Oncology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202, USA
J Exp Med 184:1825-32. 1996..This provides strong support for a negative myeloid regulatory role played by the mIL-8Rh in vivo, whose active ligand may be MIP-2...
- Cloning and chromosomal mapping of an orphan chemokine receptor: mouse RDC1M Heesen
Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, 200 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Immunogenetics 47:364-70. 1998..In addition, RDC1 shares 43% amino acid similarity to rabbit and mouse CXCR2. Transcripts of RDC1 were found in astrocytes, heart, kidney, the mesangial tumor line MES-13, spleen, and ..
- MIP-2 recruits NKT cells to the spleen during tolerance inductionD E Faunce
Schepens Eye Research Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Immunol 166:313-21. 2001..In the absence of the high-affinity receptor for MIP-2 (as in CXCR2-deficient mice) or in the presence of a blocking Ab to MIP-2, peripheral tolerance is prevented, and Ag-specific T ..
- Interleukin-8 receptor deficiency confers susceptibility to acute pyelonephritisB Frendeus
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Glycobiology, Institute of Laboratory Medicine, Lund University, S 223 62 Lund, Sweden
J Infect Dis 183:S56-60. 2001
- CXCR2 regulates respiratory syncytial virus-induced airway hyperreactivity and mucus overproductionAllison L Miller
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Immunol 170:3348-56. 2003..chemokine receptors responsible for mediating the pathophysiological response to RSV infection, we found that CXCR2 mRNA was induced at 4 days after RSV infection...
- Immunomodulatory role of CXCR2 during experimental septic peritonitisTraci L Ness
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Immunol 171:3775-84. 2003The loss of CXCR2 expression by neutrophils is a well-described, but poorly understood, consequence of clinical sepsis...
- The role of CXCR2/CXCR2 ligand biological axis in renal cell carcinomaJavier Mestas
Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1786, USA
J Immunol 175:5351-7. 2005..We hypothesized that the CXCR2/CXCR2 ligand biological axis represents a mechanism by which RCC cells promote angiogenesis and facilitate tumor ..
- Transgenic mice overexpressing the full-length neurotrophin receptor TrkC exhibit increased catecholaminergic neuron density in specific brain areas and increased anxiety-like behavior and panic reactionMara Dierssen
Genes and Disease Program, Genomic Regulation Center CRG UPF, Barcelona, Biomedical Research Park, E 08003 Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Neurobiol Dis 24:403-18. 2006..Our results demonstrate that the elevated NT3-TrkC tone via overexpression of TrkC in the brain may constitute a molecular mechanism for the expression of anxiety and anxiety...
- The role of CXC chemokine receptor 2 in Pseudomonas aeruginosa corneal infectionShamila Khan
Intitute for Eye Research, and School of Optometry, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia
J Leukoc Biol 81:315-8. 2007..b>CXCR2-binding chemokines have been implicated in the pathogenesis of Pseudomonas keratitis, and the exact role of this ..
- Genetic determinants of acute inflammation regulate Salmonella infection and modulate Slc11a1 gene (formerly Nramp1) effects in selected mouse linesAndrea Borrego
Laboratório de Imunogenética Instituto Butantan, Av Vital Brasil, 1500, Sao Paulo, SP 05503900, Brazil
Microbes Infect 8:2766-71. 2006..Typhimurium susceptibility QTL described in other mouse lines showed specific allele fixation in AIRmax or AIRmin mice, suggesting that these chromosomal regions also segregate with inflammatory phenotypes...
- Anti-type II collagen antibody accelerates arthritis via CXCR2-expressing cells in IL-1 receptor antagonist-deficient miceTakashi Kagari
Biological Research Laboratories, Daiichi Sankyo Co Ltd, Tokyo, Japan
Eur J Immunol 37:2753-63. 2007..KC, a ligand for CXCR2, is found in higher levels in the arthritic paws of IL-1ra(-/-) mice compared with the WT, and most of the cells ..
- Photodynamic therapy enhancement of antitumor immunity is regulated by neutrophilsPhilaretos C Kousis
Department of Cell Stress Biology and the Photodynamic Therapy Center, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Cancer Res 67:10501-10. 2007..Mice defective in neutrophil homing to peripheral tissues (CXCR2(-/-) mice) or mice depleted of neutrophils were unable to mount strong antitumor CD8(+) T-cell responses following ..
- Injection of lipopolysaccharide induces the migration of splenic neutrophils to the T cell area of the white pulp: role of CD14 and CXC chemokinesNicolas Kesteman
Institut de Biologie et Médecine Moléculaires, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Rue des Prof Jeener et Brachet 12, Gosselies, Belgium
J Leukoc Biol 83:640-7. 2008..data further suggest the involvement of the chemokine MIP-2 and keratinocyte-derived chemokine and their receptor CXCR2. We conclude that neutrophils may interact with naïve T cells upon infection/inflammation and that the migration ..
- Short tail with skin lesion phenotype occurs in transgenic mice with keratin-14 promoter-directed expression of mutant CXCR2Yingchun Yu
Department of Cancer Biology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, 23rd Ave South at Pierce, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
J Leukoc Biol 84:406-19. 2008b>CXCR2 plays an important role during cutaneous wound healing...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-8 facilitates neutrophil migration through the corneal stromal matrix by collagen degradation and production of the chemotactic peptide Pro-Gly-ProMichelle Lin
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106 7286, USA
Am J Pathol 173:144-53. 2008..In contrast to wild-type mice, we found that i) lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-injected CXCR2(-/-) corneas had impaired neutrophil infiltration and did not express either MMP-8 or MMP-9; ii) neutrophil ..
- Mast cells contribute to autoimmune inflammatory arthritis via their tryptase/heparin complexesKichul Shin
Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, Immunology, and Allergy, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 182:647-56. 2009..arthritis model was not dependent on protease-activated receptor-2, it was dependent on the chemokine receptor CXCR2. In support of the latter data, exposure of synovial fibroblasts to hTryptase-beta/heparin or mMCP-6/heparin ..
- Host CXCR2-dependent regulation of melanoma growth, angiogenesis, and experimental lung metastasisSeema Singh
Department of Pathology and Microbiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 5845, USA
Cancer Res 69:411-5. 2009..Previously, we have shown that receptors for CXCL-8, CXCR1, and CXCR2 are expressed on endothelial cells and CXCR2 has been shown to be a putative receptor for angiogenic chemokines...
- Keratinocyte-derived chemokine in obesity: expression, regulation, and role in adipose macrophage infiltration and glucose homeostasisJaap G Neels
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 284:20692-8. 2009..Using chimeric mice deficient in the KC receptor CXCR2 in their bone marrow, we show that the lack of CXCR2 in hematopoietic cells is sufficient to protect from adipose ..
- ELR+ CXC chemokines and oncogenic Ras-mediated tumorigenesisKevin M O'Hayer
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, DUMC, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Carcinogenesis 30:1841-7. 2009..This chemokine signature may identify the presence of Ras activation in cancer and perhaps even serve as targets for oncogenic Ras-driven tumor cells...
- Snail promotes CXCR2 ligand-dependent tumor progression in non-small cell lung carcinomaJane Yanagawa
Lung Cancer Research Program, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, 10833 Le Conte Avenue, 37 131 CHS, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1690, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:6820-9. 2009..However, other important Snail-dependent malignant phenotypes have not been fully explored. Here, we investigate the contributions of Snail to the progression of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Distinct populations of metastases-enabling myeloid cells expand in the liver of mice harboring invasive and preinvasive intra-abdominal tumorMichael K Connolly
S Arthur Localio Laboratory, Department of Surgery, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Leukoc Biol 87:713-25. 2010..These findings may explain the propensity of patients with intra-abdominal cancers to develop liver metastases and suggest a promising target for experimental therapeutics...
- Intravascular danger signals guide neutrophils to sites of sterile inflammationBraedon McDonald
Immunology Research Group, University of Calgary, Alberta T2N 4N1, Canada
Science 330:362-6. 2010..Thus, dynamic in vivo imaging revealed a multistep hierarchy of directional cues that guide neutrophil localization to sites of sterile inflammation...
- G-CSF-mediated thrombopoietin release triggers neutrophil motility and mobilization from bone marrow via induction of Cxcr2 ligandsAnja Köhler
Institute of Molecular and Clinical Immunology, Otto von Guericke University, Magdeburg, Germany
Blood 117:4349-57. 2011..In mice lacking the KC receptor Cxcr2, G-CSF fails to mobilize neutrophils and antibody blockade of Cxcr2 inhibits the mobilization and induction of ..
- Chemokines, macrophage inflammatory protein-2 and stromal cell-derived factor-1α, suppress amyloid β-induced neurotoxicityDayanidhi Raman
Department of Cancer Biology, Vanderbilt University, School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 256:300-13. 2011..protein-2 (MIP-2) and stromal cell-derived factor-1α (SDF-1α), the respective ligands for chemokine receptors CXCR2 and CXCR4, to suppress Aβ-induced neurotoxicity in vitro and in vivo...
- The orphan mouse receptor interleukin (IL)-8R beta binds N51. Structure-function analysis using N51/IL-8 chimeric moleculesJ N Heinrich
Department of Molecular Biology, Bristol Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Princeton, New Jersey 08543 4000
J Biol Chem 270:4987-9. 1995..These results demonstrate that domain I of N51 does not confer binding specificity and suggest that the region from the third cysteine to the C terminus of the N51 molecule is more important for binding to muIL-8R beta...
- Neither neutrophils nor reactive oxygen species contribute to tissue damage during Pneumocystis pneumonia in miceSteve D Swain
Department of Veterinary Molecular Biology, Montana State University, Bozeman, Montana 59717, USA
Infect Immun 72:5722-32. 2004..in which ROS and nitric oxide production is greatly decreased; (iii) a knockout of the chemokine receptor CXCR2, in which accumulation of intra-alveolar neutrophils is severely diminished; and (iv) antibody depletion of ..
- KSHV-GPCR and CXCR2 transforming capacity and angiogenic responses are mediated through a JAK2-STAT3-dependent pathwayMeike Burger
Department of Internal Medicine, Freiburg University Hospital, Freiburg, Germany
Oncogene 24:2067-75. 2005..Previously, we have shown that CXCR2, the closest human homolog, is similarly able to transform cells if continuously stimulated or constitutively ..
- Human CXCR2 (hCXCR2) takes over functionalities of its murine homolog in hCXCR2 knockin miceKatsuhiro Mihara
Department of Pharmacology, NV Organon, Oss, The Netherlands
Eur J Immunol 35:2573-82. 2005Human CXCR2 (hCXCR2) has been implicated in diverse inflammatory diseases...
- The role of CXCR2 activity in the contact hypersensitivity response in miceFranca Cattani
Research Center, Department of Preclinical Pharmacology, Dompe SpA, via Campo di Pile, 67100 L Aquila, Italy
Eur Cytokine Netw 17:42-8. 2006..The present study investigated the role played by CXCR2 activity in tissue PMN infiltration and subsequent triggering of CHS...
- Early neutrophil recruitment and aggregation in the murine lung inhibit germination of Aspergillus fumigatus ConidiaColin R Bonnett
Department of Microbiology, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT 59717, USA
Infect Immun 74:6528-39. 2006..fumigatus conidia were examined. Responses in BALB/c and C57BL/6 mice were compared with those in CXCR2(-/-) and gp91(phox-/-) mice, which are known to have delayed recruitment of PMN to the lungs in response to ..
- CELL SURFACE STRUCTURE AND TRANSFORMATIONSRichard Hynes; Fiscal Year: 2005..Evaluation of the functions of cell adhesion proteins and the consequences of their misexpression in metastatic cells will lead to new leads for therapeutic interventions against metastasis. ..
- Role of Cytokines in Two Hit Organ InjuryJean Nemzek; Fiscal Year: 2006..Successful completion of these aims could impact current two hit theories and use of immune therapy in septic patients exposed to additional inflammatory insults. ..
- Thrombus resolution is CXC chemokine dependentPeter Henke; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Innate immunity and experimental Lyme arthritisCharles Brown; Fiscal Year: 2007..Blocking the recruitment of neutrophils into the joint tissue in CXCR2 -/- mice resulted in a decrease in arthritis severity in both resistant and susceptible mouse strains...
- Vein wall remodeling after DVT is matrix metalloproteinase dependentPeter Henke; Fiscal Year: 2009..This proposal will provide important mechanistic insight into the pathophysiology of post-phelbitic syndrome with real potential translation to decreasing the morbidity from this under-acknowledged disease. ..
- Eicosanoid regulation of experimental Lyme arthritisCharles R Brown; Fiscal Year: 2010..This information will further our understanding of how inflammation is regulated and allow the design of more effective anti-inflammatory treatments. ..