Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cnr2
Description: cannabinoid receptor 2 (macrophage)
Alias: CB-2, CB2, CB2-R, cannabinoid receptor 2, cannabinoid receptor 2 (spleen)
Publications115 found, 100 shown here
- Deletion of cannabinoid receptors 1 and 2 exacerbates APC function to increase inflammation and cellular immunity during influenza infectionPeer W F Karmaus
Cell and Molecular Biology Program, Center for Integrative Toxicology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
J Leukoc Biol 90:983-95. 2011..Collectively, these findings implicate a role for CB(1) and CB(2) on APCs in regulating immune responses and immune homeostasis...
- Loss of cannabinoid receptor 1 accelerates intestinal tumor growthDingzhi Wang
Departments of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tenessee, USA
Cancer Res 68:6468-76. 2008..These results indicate that the endogenous cannabinoid system may represent a potential therapeutic target for prevention or treatment of colorectal cancer...
- The preimplantation mouse embryo is a target for cannabinoid ligand-receptor signalingB C Paria
Department of Physiology, Ralph L Smith Research Center, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City 66160 7338, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92:9460-4. 1995..reverse transcription-coupled PCR, we demonstrated that both brain and spleen type cannabinoid receptor (CB1-R and CB2-R, respectively) mRNAs are expressed in the preimplantation mouse embryo...
- Immunomodulation by cannabinoids is absent in mice deficient for the cannabinoid CB(2) receptorN E Buckley
Basic Neuroscience Program, NINDS, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 396:141-9. 2000..Furthermore, we conclude that the cannabinoid CB(2) receptor knockout mouse is a useful animal model in which to study the role of the cannabinoid system in immunoregulation...
- Dysregulated cannabinoid signaling disrupts uterine receptivity for embryo implantationB C Paria
Department of Pediatrics, Ralph L Smith Research Center, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160 7338, USA
J Biol Chem 276:20523-8. 2001..embryo development became asynchronous in mice that are deficient in brain-type (CB1) and/or spleen-type (CB2) cannabinoid receptor genes...
- Cloning and molecular characterization of the rat CB2 cannabinoid receptorSean M Brown
RW Johnson Pharmaceutical Research Institute, 3210 Merryfield Row, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1576:255-64. 2002..The importance of the carboxy terminus in regulating CB2 receptor desensitization and internalization is well-established...
- Activation through cannabinoid receptors 1 and 2 on dendritic cells triggers NF-kappaB-dependent apoptosis: novel role for endogenous and exogenous cannabinoids in immunoregulationYoonkyung Do
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
J Immunol 173:2373-82. 2004The precise role of cannabinoid receptors (CB)1 and CB2, as well as endogenous ligands for these receptors, on immune cells remains unclear...
- CB2 cannabinoid receptor activation produces antinociception by stimulating peripheral release of endogenous opioidsMohab M Ibrahim
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, AZ 85724 5114, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:3093-8. 2005..This mechanism allows for the local release of beta-endorphin, where CB(2) receptors are present, leading to anatomical specificity of opioid effects...
- Antifibrogenic role of the cannabinoid receptor CB2 in the liverBoris Julien
INSERM, U581, Creteil, F 94010 France
Gastroenterology 128:742-55. 2005..Cannabinoids are the active components of marijuana and act via 2 G-protein-coupled receptors, CB1 and CB2. Here, we investigated whether liver fibrogenic cells are a target of cannabinoids.
- Peripheral nerve injury induces cannabinoid receptor 2 protein expression in rat sensory neuronsG Wotherspoon
Novartis Institute for Medical Sciences, 5 Gower Place, London WC1E 6BN, UK
Neuroscience 135:235-45. 2005We have localized cannabinoid receptor 2 protein in rat and mouse somatic sensory nervous system, using an antibody that recognizes mouse cannabinoid receptor 2...
- Peripheral cannabinoid receptor, CB2, regulates bone massOrr Ofek
Bone Laboratory, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:696-701. 2006..receptors, the predominantly central cannabinoid receptor type 1 (CB1) and peripheral cannabinoid receptor type 2 (CB2)...
- Formation of B and T cell subsets require the cannabinoid receptor CB2David Ziring
Department of Pediatrics, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Immunogenetics 58:714-25. 2006..The peripheral cannabinoid receptor CB2 is highly expressed in immune cell types (macrophages, dendritic cells, and B cells), and pharmacologically alters ..
- Cannabinoid receptors as novel targets for the treatment of melanomaCristina Blazquez
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology I, School of Biology, Complutense University, 28040 Madrid, Spain
FASEB J 20:2633-5. 2006..Human melanomas and melanoma cell lines express CB1 and CB2 cannabinoid receptors...
- Cannabinoid-2 receptor mediates protection against hepatic ischemia/reperfusion injurySandor Batkai
Laboratory of Physiological Studies, National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 9413, USA
FASEB J 21:1788-800. 2007..Activation of CB2 cannabinoid receptors by JWH133 protects against I/R damage by decreasing inflammatory cell infiltration, tissue ..
- CB2 cannabinoid receptors promote mouse neural stem cell proliferationFrancisco Molina-Holgado
The Wolfson Centre for Age Related Diseases, King s College London, Hodking Building, Guy s Campus, London SE1 1UL, UK
Eur J Neurosci 25:629-34. 2007..In the present study we investigated the expression of CB2 cannabinoid receptors and the effect of exogenous cannabinoids on neural stem/precursor cell proliferation...
- Direct suppression of CNS autoimmune inflammation via the cannabinoid receptor CB1 on neurons and CB2 on autoreactive T cellsKatarzyna Maresz
BloodCenter of Wisconsin, Blood Research Institute, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
Nat Med 13:492-7. 2007..Together, our results demonstrate that the cannabinoid system within the CNS plays a critical role in regulating autoimmune inflammation, with the CNS directly suppressing T-cell effector function via the CB(2) receptor...
- Attenuation of allergic contact dermatitis through the endocannabinoid systemMeliha Karsak
Department of Molecular Psychiatry, University of Bonn, Germany
Science 316:1494-7. 2007..These results demonstrate a protective role of the endocannabinoid system in contact allergy in the skin and suggest a target for therapeutic intervention...
- The CB(2) cannabinoid receptor controls myeloid progenitor trafficking: involvement in the pathogenesis of an animal model of multiple sclerosisJavier Palazuelos
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology I, Complutense University, 28040 Madrid, Spain
J Biol Chem 283:13320-9. 2008....
- Targeting endocannabinoid degradation protects against experimental colitis in mice: involvement of CB1 and CB2 receptorsMartin A Storr
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Mol Med (Berl) 86:925-36. 2008..In conclusion, drugs targeting EC degradation offer therapeutic potential in the treatment of inflammatory bowel diseases. Furthermore, reduction of FAAH mRNA expression is involved in the pathophysiological response to colitis...
- Regulation of bone mass, osteoclast function, and ovariectomy-induced bone loss by the type 2 cannabinoid receptorAymen I Idris
Rheumatic Diseases Unit, Institute of Genetics and Molecular Medicine, University of Edinburgh, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Endocrinology 149:5619-26. 2008..The type 2 cannabinoid receptor (CB2) has been reported to regulate bone mass, but conflicting results have been reported with regard to its effects on ..
- Cannabinoid CB2 receptor agonists protect the striatum against malonate toxicity: relevance for Huntington's diseaseOnintza Sagredo
Departamento de Bioquímica y Biología Molecular and Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red sobre Enfermedades Neurodegenerativas CIBERNED, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Complutense, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Glia 57:1154-67. 2009..Our results showed that only compounds able to activate CB2 receptors were capable of protecting striatal projection neurons from malonate-induced death...
- Cannabinoid receptor 2 mediates the retention of immature B cells in bone marrow sinusoidsJoao P Pereira
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of California San Francisco, USA
Nat Immunol 10:403-11. 2009..Instead, cannabinoid receptor 2 (CB2), a Galpha(i) protein-coupled receptor upregulated in immature B cells, was required for sinusoidal ..
- The putative cannabinoid receptor GPR55 affects osteoclast function in vitro and bone mass in vivoLauren S Whyte
Institute of Medical Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen AB252ZD, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:16511-6. 2009..In addition, this study also brings to light an effect of both the endogenous ligand, LPI, on osteoclasts and of the cannabis constituent, CBD, on osteoclasts and bone turnover in vivo...
- The atypical cannabinoid O-1602 protects against experimental colitis and inhibits neutrophil recruitmentRudolf Schicho
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Snyder Institute of Infection, Immunity and Inflammation III, Alberta, Canada
Inflamm Bowel Dis 17:1651-64. 2011....
- Molecular characterization of a peripheral receptor for cannabinoidsS Munro
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK
Nature 365:61-5. 1993..Here we report the cloning of a receptor for cannabinoids that is not expressed in the brain but rather in macrophages in the marginal zone of spleen...
- Differential expression of the CB2 cannabinoid receptor by rodent macrophages and macrophage-like cells in relation to cell activationS J Carlisle
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond 23298 0678, USA
Int Immunopharmacol 2:69-82. 2002..P388D, macrophage-like cells, and neonatal rat brain cortex microglia expressed the cannabinoid receptor type 2 (CB2) differentially in relation to cell activation...
- Hematopoietic cells expressing the peripheral cannabinoid receptor migrate in response to the endocannabinoid 2-arachidonoylglycerolMeritxell Alberich Jorda
Institute for Hematology, Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Blood 99:2786-93. 2002b>Cb2 is a novel protooncogene encoding the peripheral cannabinoid receptor. Previous studies demonstrated that 2 distinct noncoding first exons exist: exon-1A and exon-1B, which both splice to protein-coding exon-2...
- Inhibition of skin tumor growth and angiogenesis in vivo by activation of cannabinoid receptorsM Llanos Casanova
Project on Cellular and Molecular Biology and Gene Therapy, Centro de Investigaciones Energeticas, Medioambientales y Tecnologicas, Madrid, Spain
J Clin Invest 111:43-50. 2003..Abrogation of EGF-R function was also observed in cannabinoid-treated tumors. These results support a new therapeutic approach for the treatment of skin tumors...
- Agonists of cannabinoid receptor 1 and 2 inhibit experimental colitis induced by oil of mustard and by dextran sulfate sodiumEdward S Kimball
Enterology Research Team, Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development, PA 19477 0776, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 291:G364-71. 2006..The demonstration of CB1R agonist effects in colitis support the neurogenic nature of the OM-induced colitis model and reinforce the importance of neuronal activation in intestinal inflammation...
- Non-psychoactive CB2 cannabinoid agonists stimulate neural progenitor proliferationJavier Palazuelos
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology I, School of Biology, Complutense University, 28040 Madrid, Spain
FASEB J 20:2405-7. 2006..In contrast, the CB2 cannabinoid receptor is abundant in the immune system and shows a restricted expression pattern in brain cells...
- Lipopolysaccharide and cyclic AMP regulation of CB(2) cannabinoid receptor levels in rat brain and mouse RAW 264.7 macrophagesSomnath Mukhopadhyay
Neuroscience of Drug Abuse Research Program, Julius L Chambers Biomedical Biotechnology Research Institute, North Carolina Central University, Durham, NC 27707, USA
J Neuroimmunol 181:82-92. 2006..Forskolin or dibutyryl cyclic AMP increased CB(2) receptor immunoreactivity, suggesting the involvement of the cyclic AMP-protein kinase A-Cyclic AMP response element pathway in the regulation of CB(2) receptor levels...
- CB2-receptor stimulation attenuates TNF-alpha-induced human endothelial cell activation, transendothelial migration of monocytes, and monocyte-endothelial adhesionMohanraj Rajesh
Section on Oxidative Stress Tissue Injury, Laboratory of Physiological Studies, National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 9413, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 293:H2210-8. 2007....
- Cannabinoid (CB2) receptor deficiency reduces the susceptibility of macrophages to oxidized LDL/oxysterol-induced apoptosisNatalie E Freeman-Anderson
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, James H Quillen College of Medicine, East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, TN, USA
J Lipid Res 49:2338-46. 2008..b>Cannabinoid receptor 2 (CB2), the predominant macrophage cannabinoid receptor, modulates several macrophage processes associated ..
- CB(2) cannabinoid receptor activation is cardioprotective in a mouse model of ischemia/reperfusionFabrizio Montecucco
Division of Cardiology, Foundation for Medical Researches, Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
J Mol Cell Cardiol 46:612-20. 2009..Our data suggest that JWH-133 administration during ischemia reduces the infarct size in a mouse model of myocardial ischemia/reperfusion through a direct cardioprotective activity on cardiomyocytes and neutrophils...
- Regulation and possible role of endocannabinoids and related mediators in hypercholesterolemic mice with atherosclerosisFabrizio Montecucco
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Atherosclerosis 205:433-41. 2009....
- The cannabinoid receptor type 2 promotes cardiac myocyte and fibroblast survival and protects against ischemia/reperfusion-induced cardiomyopathyNicole Defer
INSERM, Unité 955, Creteil, France
FASEB J 23:2120-30. 2009..Ex vivo studies have demonstrated the cardioprotective anti-inflammatory effect of the cannabinoid type 2 (CB2) receptor agonists within hours after IR...
- Species differences in cannabinoid receptor 2 (CNR2 gene): identification of novel human and rodent CB2 isoforms, differential tissue expression and regulation by cannabinoid receptor ligandsQ R Liu
Mol Neurobiol Branch, NIDA IRP, NIH, Baltimore, MD, USA
Genes Brain Behav 8:519-30. 2009..endocannabinoids and marijuana activate two well-characterized cannabinoid receptors (CB-Rs), CB1-Rs and CB2-Rs...
- CB1 and CB2 cannabinoid receptors differentially regulate the production of reactive oxygen species by macrophagesKi Hoon Han
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Songpa Gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Cardiovasc Res 84:378-86. 2009We investigated the mechanism by which cannabinoid receptors-1 (CB1) and -2 (CB2) modulate inflammatory activities of macrophages.
- Cannabinoid receptor type 2 (CB2) deficiency alters atherosclerotic lesion formation in hyperlipidemic Ldlr-null miceCourtney D Netherland
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, James H Quillen College of Medicine, East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, TN 37614 0581, USA
Atherosclerosis 213:102-8. 2010To determine if cannabinoid receptor 2 (CB2) plays a role in atherosclerosis, we investigated the effects of systemic CB2 gene deletion on hyperlipidemia-induced atherogenesis in low density lipoprotein receptor-deficient (Ldlr(-/-)) mice.
- Targeting CB(2) receptor as a neuroinflammatory modulator in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitisZhi Yin Lou
Institute of Neurology, Institutes of Brain Science and State Key Laboratory of Medical Neurobiology, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Mol Immunol 49:453-61. 2011..These results indicate that manipulation of CB(2)R may have therapeutic value in MS, but its complexity remains to be considered and studied for further clinical application...
- Cannabinoid-induced mesenteric vasodilation through an endothelial site distinct from CB1 or CB2 receptorsZ Jarai
Department of Pharmacology, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:14136-41. 1999..Two cannabinoid receptors, CB1 and CB2, have been cloned, and studies with the selective CB1 receptor antagonist SR141716A have implicated peripherally ..
- Aberrant cannabinoid signaling impairs oviductal transport of embryosHaibin Wang
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Reproductive and Developmental Biology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 1161 21st Avenue South, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Nat Med 10:1074-80. 2004..Besides uncovering a new regulatory mechanism, this study could be clinically relevant to ectopic pregnancy...
- The cannabinoid CB1 receptor regulates bone formation by modulating adrenergic signalingJoseph Tam
Bone Laboratory, Hadassah School of Dental Medicine, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
FASEB J 22:285-94. 2008..Elevation of bone 2-AG apparently suppresses NE release from bone sympathetic terminals, thus alleviating the inhibition of bone formation. The involvement of osteoblastic CB2 signaling in this process is minimal, if any.
- Modulation of the balance between cannabinoid CB(1) and CB(2) receptor activation during cerebral ischemic/reperfusion injuryM Zhang
Center for Substance Abuse Research, Temple University School of Medicine, 231 OMS, 3400 North Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Neuroscience 152:753-60. 2008..The greatest degree of neuroprotection was obtained by combining an inhibitor of CB(1) activation with an exogenous CB(2) agonist...
- Cannabinoid ligand-receptor signaling in the mouse uterusS K Das
Department of Physiology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Ralph L Smith Research Center, Kansas City 66160 7338, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92:4332-6. 1995..we demonstrate that the brain-type cannabinoid receptor (CB1-R) mRNA, but not the spleen-type cannabinoid receptor (CB2-R) mRNA, is expressed in the mouse uterus and that this organ has the capacity to synthesize the putative ..
- Leukemic predisposition of pSca-1/Cb2 transgenic miceMarieke Joosten
The Institute of Hematology, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Exp Hematol 30:142-9. 2002The gene encoding the peripheral cannabinoid receptor Cb2 is located in the common virus integration site Evi11 and is associated with hematopoietic malignancies in mice...
- Effect of cannabidiol on sepsis-induced motility disturbances in mice: involvement of CB receptors and fatty acid amide hydrolaseD De Filippis
Department of Experimental Pharmacology, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
Neurogastroenterol Motil 20:919-27. 2008..Despite its proven anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, cannabidiol may be of limited use for the treatment of sepsis-induced ileus...
- Atheroprotection via cannabinoid receptor-2 is mediated by circulating and vascular cells in vivoFriedrich Felix Hoyer
Department for Cardiology, University of Bonn, Germany
J Mol Cell Cardiol 51:1007-14. 2011..cannabinoid-1 receptors (CB1) with subsequent psychoactive effects as well as peripheral cannabinoid-2 receptors (CB2)...
- Cannabinoid receptor CB2 protects against balloon-induced neointima formationFilippo Molica
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 302:H1064-74. 2012..In conclusion, pharmacological activation or genetic deletion of CB(2) receptors modulate neointima formation via protective effects in macrophages and smooth muscle cells...
- Modulating the endocannabinoid system in human health and disease--successes and failuresPal Pacher
Laboratory of Physiologic Studies, National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 9413, USA
FEBS J 280:1918-43. 2013....
- Genetic background can result in a marked or minimal effect of gene knockout (GPR55 and CB2 receptor) in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis models of multiple sclerosisSofia Sisay
Neuroimmunology, Blizard Institute, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary University of London, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 8:e76907. 2013..Studies using C57BL/10 and C57BL/6 (Cnr2 (tm1Zim)) CB2 cannabinoid receptor knockout mice have demonstrated an immune-augmenting effect in experimental ..
- The endocannabinoid-CB2 receptor axis protects the ischemic heart at the early stage of cardiomyopathyGeorg D Duerr
Department of Cardiac Surgery, University Clinical Centre Bonn, Sigmund Freud Str 25, 53105, Bonn, Germany
Basic Res Cardiol 109:425. 2014..Endocannabinoids and the cannabinoid receptor CB2 have been claimed to be involved, but their potential role in cardioprotection is not well understood...
- Cnr2 deficiency confers resistance to inflammation-induced preterm birth in miceXiaofei Sun
Division of Reproductive Sciences X S, Y L, S K D, Perinatal Institute, and Division of Cellular and Molecular Immunology M C, C L K, S D, Cincinnati Children s Research Foundation, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229
Endocrinology 155:4006-14. 2014..A G protein-coupled cannabinoid receptor 2 (CB2), encoded by Cnr2, is expressed in various immune cells and was shown to modulate immune responses...
- Expression Analysis of CB2-GFP BAC Transgenic MiceAnne Caroline Schmöle
Institute of Molecular Psychiatry, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
PLoS ONE 10:e0138986. 2015..As CB2 is primarily expressed on immune cells such as B cells, T cells, macrophages, dendritic cells, and microglia, it is ..
- CB2 Cannabinoid Receptor Knockout in Mice Impairs Contextual Long-Term Memory and Enhances Spatial Working MemoryYong Li
Department of Neuroscience and Regenerative Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, Georgia Regents University, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Neural Plast 2016:9817089. 2016..However, recent discoveries of CB2 cannabinoid receptors in the brain demand accurate determination of whether and how CB2 receptors are involved in ..
- The major central endocannabinoid directly acts at GABA(A) receptorsErwin Sigel
Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine, University of Bern, CH 3012 Bern, Switzerland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:18150-5. 2011..The identification of a functional binding site for 2-AG in the GABA(A) receptor may have far-reaching consequences for the study of locomotion and sedation...
- CB2 cannabinoid receptors promote neural progenitor cell proliferation via mTORC1 signalingJavier Palazuelos
Centro de Investigacion Biomedica en Red sobre Enfermedades Neurodegenerativas, Instituto Universitario de Investigación en Neuroquímica, and Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology I, School of Biology, Complutense University, 28040 Madrid, Spain
J Biol Chem 287:1198-209. 2012..Altogether, these findings provide a mechanism of action and a rationale for the use of nonpsychotomimetic CB(2) receptor-selective ligands as a novel strategy for the control of NP cell proliferation and neurogenesis...
- The inhibitory action of exo- and endocannabinoids on [³H]GABA release are mediated by both CB₁and CB₂receptors in the mouse hippocampusRomeo D Ando
Laboratory of Molecular Pharmacology, Institute of Experimental Medicine, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest, Hungary
Neurochem Int 60:145-52. 2012..In addition, in the effect of the exocannabinoid THC and the endocannabinoid 2-AG, non-CB(1), probably CB(2)-like receptors are also involved...
- Expression pattern of the cannabinoid receptor genes in the frontal cortex of mood disorder patients and mice selectively bred for high and low fearKwang Choi
Center for the Study of Traumatic Stress, Dept of Psychiatry, Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences, 4301 Jones Bridge Road, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
J Psychiatr Res 46:882-9. 2012..developmental and disease-related expression pattern of the cannabinoid receptor 1 (CB1) and the cannabinoid receptor 2 (CB2) genes in the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex (PFC) of humans...
- Signaling through cannabinoid receptor 2 suppresses murine dendritic cell migration by inhibiting matrix metalloproteinase 9 expressionSabina Adhikary
Departments of Physiology, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Blood 120:3741-9. 2012Administration of cannabinoid receptor 2 (CB2R) agonists in inflammatory and autoimmune disease and CNS injury models results in significant attenuation of clinical disease, and reduction of inflammatory mediators...
- Activation of type 2 cannabinoid receptors (CB2R) promotes fatty acid oxidation through the SIRT1/PGC-1α pathwayXuqin Zheng
Department of Endocrinology, First Affiliated Hospital, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province 210029, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 436:377-81. 2013..Our findings imply that pharmacological manipulation of CB2R may provide therapeutic possibilities to treat metabolic diseases associated with lipid dysregulation. ..
- Activation of brain-type cannabinoid receptors interferes with preimplantation mouse embryo developmentZ M Yang
Department of Physiology, Ralph L Smith Research Center, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City 66160 7338, USA
Biol Reprod 55:756-61. 1996..of guanine nucleotide regulatory protein-coupled brain-type and spleen-type cannabinoid receptors (CB1-R and CB2-R, respectively) provide evidence that many of the effects of cannabinoids are mediated via these receptors...
- The genes encoding the peripheral cannabinoid receptor and alpha-L-fucosidase are located near a newly identified common virus integration site, Evi11P J Valk
Institute of Hematology, Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Virol 71:6796-804. 1997..The genes encoding the peripheral cannabinoid receptor (Cnr2) and alpha-L-fucosidase (Fuca1) were identified near the integration site by using a novel exon trapping system...
- Anandamide activity and degradation are regulated by early postnatal aging and follicle-stimulating hormone in mouse Sertoli cellsMauro Maccarrone
Department of Experimental Medicine and Biochemical Sciences, University of Rome, Tor Vergata, I 00133 Italy
Endocrinology 144:20-8. 2003..Taken together, it can be suggested that the endocannabinoid network plays a role in the hormonal regulation of male fertility...
- The peripheral cannabinoid receptor Cb2, frequently expressed on AML blasts, either induces a neutrophilic differentiation block or confers abnormal migration properties in a ligand-dependent mannerMeritxell Alberich Jorda
Erasmus MC, Department of Hematology, Dr Molewaterplein 50, 3015GE Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Blood 104:526-34. 2004b>Cb2, the gene encoding the peripheral cannabinoid receptor, is located in a common virus integration site and is overex-pressed in retrovirally induced murine myeloid leukemias...
- Involvement of cannabinoid CB2 receptor in alcohol preference in mice and alcoholism in humansH Ishiguro
Department of Medical Genetics, Doctoral Program in Social and Environmental Medicine, Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Pharmacogenomics J 7:380-5. 2007We tested if cannabinoid type 2 receptor (CB2) in the central nervous system plays a role in alcohol abuse/dependence in animal model and then examined an association between the CB2 gene polymorphism and alcoholism in human...
- The CB2 cannabinoid agonist AM-1241 prolongs survival in a transgenic mouse model of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis when initiated at symptom onsetJennifer L Shoemaker
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, College of Medicine, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas 72205, USA
J Neurochem 101:87-98. 2007..Cannabinoids produce anti-inflammatory actions via cannabinoid receptor 1 (CB1) and cannabinoid receptor 2 (CB2), and delay the progression of neuroinflammatory diseases...
- Expression and function of cannabinoid receptors CB1 and CB2 and their cognate cannabinoid ligands in murine embryonic stem cellsShuxian Jiang
Division of Experimental Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 2:e641. 2007....
- Involvement of cannabinoid receptor CB2 in dectin-1-mediated macrophage phagocytosisAkiko Shiratsuchi
Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Japan
Immunol Cell Biol 86:179-84. 2008..An agonist of the cannabinoid receptors CB1 and CB2 also stimulated the phagocytosis of zymosan...
- Targeted deletion of cannabinoid receptors CB1 and CB2 produced enhanced inflammatory responses to influenza A/PR/8/34 in the absence and presence of Delta9-tetrahydrocannabinolJohn P Buchweitz
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, and Center for Integrative Toxicology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824 1317, USA
J Leukoc Biol 83:785-96. 2008..Collectively, the immune and airway epithelial cell responses to PR8 challenge in Delta(9)-THC-treated CB(1)-/-/CB(2)-/- and wild-type mice indicated the involvement of CB(1)/CB(2) receptor-dependent and -independent mechanisms...
- Cannabinoid receptor 2 (CB2) mediates immunoglobulin class switching from IgM to IgE in cultures of murine-purified B lymphocytesMarisela Agudelo
Department of Molecular Medicine, School of Biomedical Sciences, College of Medicine, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
J Neuroimmune Pharmacol 3:35-42. 2008..These results suggest that cannabinoids bias toward Th2-type immunity by directly inducing B cell class switching from IgM to IgE through a mechanism involving CB(2) receptors...
- Altered presymptomatic AMPA and cannabinoid receptor trafficking in motor neurons of ALS model mice: implications for excitotoxicityPingwei Zhao
Forbes Norris ALS MDA Research Center, California Pacific Medical Center Research Institute, 475 Brannan St, Suite 220, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
Eur J Neurosci 27:572-9. 2008..To our knowledge, this is the first demonstration of presymptomatic changes in trafficking of receptors that are in direct control of excitotoxicity and death in a mouse model of ALS...
- Behavioral effects of CB2 cannabinoid receptor activation and its influence on food and alcohol consumptionE S Onaivi
Department of Biology, William Paterson University, Wayne, New Jersey, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1139:426-33. 2008..There was a reduction in CNR2 gene expression in the ventral mid-brain region of mice that developed alcohol preference, but not in those that ..
- Functional expression of brain neuronal CB2 cannabinoid receptors are involved in the effects of drugs of abuse and in depressionEmmanuel S Onaivi
Department of Biology, William Paterson University, Wayne, New Jersey, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1139:434-49. 2008..Many laboratories were not able to detect the presence of CB2 cannabinoid receptors (CB2-Rs) in healthy brains, but CB2-R expression has been demonstrated in rat microglial ..
- CB2 receptor activation attenuates microcirculatory dysfunction during cerebral ischemic/reperfusion injuryMing Zhang
Department of Physiology, Temple University School of Medicine, 208 MRB, 3420 N Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Microvasc Res 78:86-94. 2009..In conclusion, CB(2) activation contributed to protecting the brain through the attenuation of cerebral microcirculatory dysfunction during cerebral I/R injury...
- AM-251 and SR144528 are acyl CoA:cholesterol acyltransferase inhibitorsDouglas Thewke
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Quillen College of Medicine, East Tennessee State University, 807 University Parkway, Johnson City, TN 37614, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 381:181-6. 2009..Macrophages lacking the type 2 cannabinoid receptor (CB2) are partially resistant to apoptosis induced by 7-ketocholesterol (7KC)...
- Endocannabinoids anandamide and its cannabinoid receptors in liver fibrosis after murine schistosomiasisHongyan Liu
Institute of Liver Diseases, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, 430030, China
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 29:182-6. 2009..Endogenous endocannabinoids may be involved in the development of schistosoma-induced liver fibrosis...
- The endocannabinoid system and pivotal role of the CB2 receptor in mouse spermatogenesisPaola Grimaldi
Department of Public Health and Cellular Biology, University of Rome Tor Vergata, 00133 Rome, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:11131-6. 2009....
- CB2 cannabinoid receptors contribute to bacterial invasion and mortality in polymicrobial sepsisBalázs Csóka
Department of Surgery, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey New Jersey Medical School, Newark, New Jersey, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e6409. 2009..Here we examined the role of CB(2) receptors in regulating the host's response to sepsis...
- Microglial CB2 cannabinoid receptors are neuroprotective in Huntington's disease excitotoxicityJavier Palazuelos
Centro de Investigacion Biomedica en Red sobre Enfermedades Neurodegenerativas CIBERNED, Spain
Brain 132:3152-64. 2009....
- The effects of targeted deletion of cannabinoid receptors CB1 and CB2 on intranasal sensitization and challenge with adjuvant-free ovalbuminBarbara L F Kaplan
Center for Integrative Toxicology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan 48824, USA
Toxicol Pathol 38:382-92. 2010..These results suggest that T-cell responses are not universally exaggerated in CB(1)/CB(2) null mice...
- Targeting the cannabinoid pathway limits the development of fibrosis and autoimmunity in a mouse model of systemic sclerosisAmélie Servettaz
Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, Laboratoire d Immunologie, EA 1833, IFR Alfred Jost, 75679 Paris Cedex 14, France
Am J Pathol 177:187-96. 2010..Experiments were also performed in mice deficient for CB2 receptors (Cnr2(-/-))...
- CB2 cannabinoid receptor targets mitogenic Gi protein-cyclin D1 axis in osteoblastsOrr Ofek
Bone Laboratory, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem, Israel
J Bone Miner Res 26:308-16. 2011b>CB2 is a Gi protein-coupled receptor activated by endo- and phytocannabinoids, thus inhibiting stimulated adenylyl cyclase activity. CB2 is expressed in bone cells and Cb2 null mice show a marked age-related bone loss...
- Deficiency of CB2 cannabinoid receptor in mice improves insulin sensitivity but increases food intake and obesity with ageJ Agudo
Center of Animal Biotechnology and Gene Therapy, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Veterinary Medicine, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Bellaterra, Spain
Diabetologia 53:2629-40. 2010..During obesity, CB2R is involved in the development of adipose tissue inflammation and fatty liver. We examined the long-term effects of CB2R deficiency in glucose metabolism...
- Eicosapentaenoic acid decreases expression of anandamide synthesis enzyme and cannabinoid receptor 2 in osteoblast-like cellsHeather L Hutchins
Lipid Chemistry and Molecular Biology Laboratory, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
J Nutr Biochem 22:195-200. 2011Anandamide (AEA) is an endogenous agonist for the cannabinoid receptor 2 (CB2) which is expressed in osteoblasts...
- Expression and function of cannabinoid receptors in mouse isletsChen Li
Diabetes Research Group, King s College London, London, UK
Islets 2:293-302. 2010..CB1 and CB2 mRNA and protein expression by islets was detected by RT-PCR and western blotting respectively, and cellular ..
- Deletion of CB2 cannabinoid receptor induces schizophrenia-related behaviors in miceAntonio Ortega-Alvaro
Unidad de Neuropsicofarmacología Traslacional, Complejo Hospitalario Universitario de Albacete, Albacete, Spain
Neuropsychopharmacology 36:1489-504. 2011..Pharmacological manipulation of CB(2)r may merit further study as a potential therapeutic target for the treatment of schizophrenia-related disorders...
- Cannabinoid receptor 2 signaling does not modulate atherogenesis in miceFlorian Willecke
Department of Cardiology, University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
PLoS ONE 6:e19405. 2011Strong evidence supports a protective role of the cannabinoid receptor 2 (CB(2)) in inflammation and atherosclerosis. However, direct proof of its involvement in lesion formation is lacking...
- Role of cannabinoid receptors in alcoholic hepatic injury: steatosis and fibrogenesis are increased in CB2 receptor-deficient mice and decreased in CB1 receptor knockoutsJonel Trebicka
Department of Internal Medicine I, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Liver Int 31:860-70. 2011..To investigate the differences between CB(1) and CB(2) in the hepatic response to chronic alcohol intake, we examined CB knockout mice (CB(1)(-/-), CB(2)(-/-))...
- Brain cannabinoid CB₂ receptors modulate cocaine's actions in miceZheng Xiong Xi
Intramural Research Program, National Institute on Drug Abuse, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Nat Neurosci 14:1160-6. 2011..in wild-type and CB(1) receptor knockout (CB(1)(-/-), also known as Cnr1(-/-)) mice, but not in CB(2)(-/-) (Cnr2(-/-)) mice...
- Cannabinoid receptor 2 positions and retains marginal zone B cells within the splenic marginal zoneJagan R Muppidi
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, and Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Exp Med 208:1941-8. 2011..Previous work demonstrated that mice deficient in cannabinoid receptor 2 (CB2) have decreased numbers of MZ B cells but it has been unclear whether CB2 regulates MZ B cell ..
- 2-Arachidonoyl-glycerol suppresses interferon-gamma production in phorbol ester/ionomycin-activated mouse splenocytes independent of CB1 or CB2Barbara L F Kaplan
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, 48824, USA
J Leukoc Biol 77:966-74. 20052-Arachidonoyl-glycerol (2-AG), an endogenous ligand for cannabinoid receptor types 1 and 2 (CB1 and CB2), has previously been demonstrated to modulate immune functions including suppression of interleukin-2 expression and nuclear factor ..
- Involvement of the cannabinoid CB2 receptor and its endogenous ligand 2-arachidonoylglycerol in oxazolone-induced contact dermatitis in miceSaori Oka
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Teikyo University, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 199 0195, Japan
J Immunol 177:8796-805. 2006..possible involvement of 2-arachidonoylglycerol (2-AG), an endogenous ligand for the cannabinoid receptors (CB1 and CB2), in contact dermatitis in mouse ear was investigated...
- Brain neuronal CB2 cannabinoid receptors in drug abuse and depression: from mice to human subjectsEmmanuel S Onaivi
Department of Biology, William Paterson University, Wayne, New Jersey, USA
PLoS ONE 3:e1640. 2008..Many laboratories were not able to detect the presence of cannabinoid CB2 receptors (CB2-Rs) in healthy brains, but there has been demonstration of CB2-R expression in rat microglial cells ..
- The cannabinoid receptors are required for ultraviolet-induced inflammation and skin cancer developmentDuo Zheng
Hormel Institute, University of Minnesota, Austin, Minnesota, USA
Cancer Res 68:3992-8. 2008..These data provide direct evidence indicating that the CB1/2 receptors play a key role in UV-induced inflammation and skin cancer development...
- Effects of targeted deletion of cannabinoid receptors CB1 and CB2 on immune competence and sensitivity to immune modulation by Delta9-tetrahydrocannabinolAlison E B Springs
Centre for Integrative Toxicology, Cell and Molecular Biology Program, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824 1317, USA
J Leukoc Biol 84:1574-84. 2008The role of cannabinoid receptors, CB1 and CB2, in immune competence and modulation by Delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol (Delta9-THC) was investigated in CB1(-/-)/CB2(-/-) mice...
- CB(2) cannabinoid receptor antagonist SR144528 decreases mu-opioid receptor expression and activation in mouse brainstem: role of CB(2) receptor in painEszter Páldy
Institute of Biochemistry, Biological Research Centre, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Temesvari krt 62, H 6726 Szeged, Hungary
Neurochem Int 53:309-16. 2008..Our data demonstrate that the SR144528 caused pronounced decrease in the activity of MOR is mediated via CB(2) cannabinoid receptors...
- Genetic loss of Faah compromises male fertility in miceXiaofei Sun
Department of Pharmacology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Biol Reprod 80:235-42. 2009..Collectively, the results show that aberrant endocannabinoid signaling via CNR1 impairs normal sperm function. Besides unveiling a new regulatory mechanism of sperm function, this study has clinical significance in male fertility...
- Crucial role of CB(2) cannabinoid receptor in the regulation of central immune responses during neuropathic painIldiko Racz
Institute of Molecular Psychiatry, University of Bonn, 53105 Bonn, Germany
J Neurosci 28:12125-35. 2008....
- Interferon-gamma is a critical modulator of CB(2) cannabinoid receptor signaling during neuropathic painIldiko Racz
Institute of Molecular Psychiatry and Department of Psychiatry, University of Bonn, 53105 Bonn, Germany
J Neurosci 28:12136-45. 2008..These animals no longer show the enhanced manifestations of neuropathic pain observed in CB(2) knock-outs. These data clearly demonstrate that the CB(2) receptor-mediated control of neuropathic pain is IFN-gamma dependent...
- IL-2 Suppression by Endocannabinoid Activation of PPARgammaNORBERT EDWARD KAMINSKI; Fiscal Year: 2010..of the nuclear receptor, peroxisome proliferator activated receptor gamma (PPARgamma), independently of CB1 and CB2. Additional results are present suggesting that the specific mechanism involves the disruption of the nuclear ..
- REPRESSION OF T CELL ACTIVATION BY ENDOCANNABINOIDSNorbert Kaminski; Fiscal Year: 2003..goals of this 4 year research plan are two-fold: (a) to characterize the role of cannabinoid receptors CB1 and CB2 in the modulation of T-cell function by endogenous eicosinoid-like cannabinoids; and (b) to elucidate the signal ..
- The role of CB2 receptors in oxLDL-induced apopotosis and atherogenesisDouglas Thewke; Fiscal Year: 2006..we have begun to examine the hypothesis that arachidonyl oxysterols produce these effects via the cannabinoid 2 (CB2) receptor...
- Regulation of stearoyl-CoA desaturases by oleateDouglas Thewke; Fiscal Year: 2004..Ectotopic expression of SREBPs or other trans-acting factors will be used to determine their contribution to oleate regulation of SCD transcription. ..
- Molecular basis of arsenic-induced cell transformationZigang Dong; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such knowledge will facilitate the design of more effective and specific strategies with fewer side effects for chemoprevention of arsenic-induced cancer. ..
- Anticarcinogenic Mechanisms of Tea ConstituentsZigang Dong; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Mechanisms of chemopreventive effect of resveratrolZigang Dong; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our long-term goal is to identify the molecular mechanism explaining the anti-tumor effect exhibited by resveratrol. Such knowledge will help in developing better chemopreventive agents with fewer side effects. ..
- INHIBITION OF CARCINOGENESIS BY TEA AND TEA CONSTITUENTSZigang Dong; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Study on Ultraviolet-induced Signal TransductionZigang Dong; Fiscal Year: 2010..These preclinical studies are designed to lead to the development of new strategies for the chemoprevention of human skin cancers. ..