Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cdx2
Description: caudal type homeobox 2
Alias: Cdx-2, homeobox protein CDX-2, caudal type homeo box 2, caudal-type homeobox protein 2
Publications144 found, 100 shown here
- Cdx mediates neural tube closure through transcriptional regulation of the planar cell polarity gene Ptk7Joanne G A Savory
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of Ottawa, 451 Smyth Road, Ottawa, ON K1H 8M5, Canada
Development 138:1361-70. 2011The vertebrate Cdx genes (Cdx1, Cdx2 and Cdx4) encode homeodomain transcription factors with well-established roles in anteroposterior patterning...
- Heterochromatin formation in the mouse embryo requires critical residues of the histone variant H3.3Angèle Santenard
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, Centre national de la recherche scientifique Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U964, Universite de Strasbourg, F 67404 Illkirch, France
Nat Cell Biol 12:853-62. 2010..Our work demonstrates a role for a modifiable residue within a histone-variant-specific context during reprogramming and identifies a novel function for mammalian H3.3 in the initial formation of dsRNA-dependent heterochromatin...
- Homeosis and intestinal tumours in Cdx2 mutant miceK Chawengsaksophak
Howard Florey Institute of Experimental Physiology and Medicine, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Nature 386:84-7. 1997..There are three mouse homologues of Drosophila caudal: Cdx1 (ref. 2), Cdx2 (ref. 3) and Cdx4 (ref. 4). We have generated a null mutation of murine Cdx2 by homologous recombination...
- Cdx2 determines the fate of postnatal intestinal endodermEmma J Stringer
Department of Biochemistry, Henry Wellcome Building, University of Leicester, Lancaster Road, Leicester LE1 7RH, UK
Development 139:465-74. 2012Knock out of intestinal Cdx2 produces different effects depending upon the developmental stage at which this occurs. Early in development it produces histologically ordered stomach mucosa in the midgut...
- Phosphorylation of the serine 60 residue within the Cdx2 activation domain mediates its transactivation capacityE H Rings
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Gastroenterology 121:1437-50. 2001b>Cdx2 is critical in intestinal proliferation and differentiation. Modulation of Cdx2 function in response to cellular signaling is to be elucidated...
- Disorganized epithelial polarity and excess trophectoderm cell fate in preimplantation embryos lacking E-cadherinRobert Odell Stephenson
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Development 137:3383-91. 2010..A larger proportion of cells than normal showed expression of TE markers such as Cdx2, suggesting that formation of an organized epithelium is not necessary for TE-specific gene expression...
- Cdx1 and Cdx2 are functionally equivalent in vertebral patterningJoanne G A Savory
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of Ottawa, 451 Smyth Road, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Dev Biol 330:114-22. 2009..However, the lack of a Cdx2 null mutant makes these analyses incomplete...
- Loss of the extraembryonic ectoderm in Elf5 mutants leads to defects in embryonic patterningMartyn Donnison
AgResearch Crown Research Institute, Ruakura Campus, East Street, Hamilton 2001, New Zealand
Development 132:2299-308. 2005..Embryos without ExE tissue are able to form the anterior visceral endoderm but fail to undergo gastrulation, demonstrating an essential role for the ExE in embryonic patterning during a defined window of development...
- Increased Cdx protein dose effects upon axial patterning in transgenic lines of miceStephen J Gaunt
Department of Development and Genetics, The Babraham Institute, Babraham, Cambridge, UK
Development 135:2511-20. 2008..axial patterning in embryos, we made lines of mice OE1, OE2 and OE4 that overexpress each of the Cdx genes Cdx1, Cdx2 and Cdx4, respectively...
- Colonic polyposis caused by mTOR-mediated chromosomal instability in Apc+/Delta716 Cdx2+/- compound mutant miceKoji Aoki
Department of Pharmacology, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Yoshida konoe cho, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
Nat Genet 35:323-30. 2003The mammalian homeobox transcription factor CDX2 has key roles in intestinal development and differentiation...
- Early lineage segregation between epiblast and primitive endoderm in mouse blastocysts through the Grb2-MAPK pathwayClaire Chazaud
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario M5G1X5, Canada
Dev Cell 10:615-24. 2006..We propose a model in which the ICM develops as a mosaic of EPI and PE progenitors at E3.5, dependent on Grb2-Ras-MAP kinase signaling, followed by later segregation of the progenitors into the appropriate cell layers...
- The homeodomain transcription factors Cdx1 and Cdx2 induce E-cadherin adhesion activity by reducing beta- and p120-catenin tyrosine phosphorylationToshihiko Ezaki
Division of Gastroenterology 650 CRB, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, 415 Curie Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 293:G54-65. 2007The homeodomain transcription factors Cdx1 and Cdx2 are regulators of intestine-specific gene expression. They also regulate intestinal cell differentiation and proliferation; however, these effects are poorly understood...
- Homeobox gene expression in the intestinal epithelium of adult miceR James
Melbourne Tumour Biology Branch, Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, P O Royal Melbourne Hospital, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
J Biol Chem 266:3246-51. 1991..These observations suggest that homeobox gene expression may play an important role in cellular differentiation in the adult intestine...
- Structure of the murine homeobox gene cdx-2. Expression in embryonic and adult intestinal epitheliumR James
Department of Medicine, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria Australia
J Biol Chem 269:15229-37. 1994..We conclude that cdx-2 is expressed specifically in gut epithelium where it is not restricted to a particular cell lineage. Rather, the rostrocaudal expression gradient suggests that it may play a role in specifying positional identity...
- A homeodomain protein related to caudal regulates intestine-specific gene transcriptionE Suh
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104
Mol Cell Biol 14:7340-51. 1994....
- An intestine-specific homeobox gene regulates proliferation and differentiationE Suh
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104 6144, USA
Mol Cell Biol 16:619-25. 1996..Here we show that an intestine-specific homeobox gene, Cdx2, is a transcription factor that regulates both proliferation and differentiation in intestinal epithelial cells...
- Molecular cloning, sequencing and expression of the mRNA encoding human Cdx1 and Cdx2 homeobox. Down-regulation of Cdx1 and Cdx2 mRNA expression during colorectal carcinogenesisG V Mallo
U 315 INSERM, Marseille, France
Int J Cancer 74:35-44. 1997..The highest degree of similarity was with the murine Cdx1 for 6G2, and with the murine Cdx2 and hamster Cdx3 for 32D6...
- Key role of the Cdx2 homeobox gene in extracellular matrix-mediated intestinal cell differentiationO Lorentz
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 381, 67200 Strasbourg, France
J Cell Biol 139:1553-65. 1997..the human colon adenocarcinoma cell line Caco2-TC7 has been stably transfected with plasmids synthesizing Cdx1 and Cdx2 sense and antisense RNAs...
- Reprogramming of intestinal differentiation and intercalary regeneration in Cdx2 mutant miceF Beck
Howard Florey Institute of Experimental Physiology and Medicine, University of Melbourne, Melbourne 3052, Australia
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:7318-23. 1999The homeobox gene Cdx2, a homologue of the Drosophila gene caudal, has been implicated in the control of cell differentiation in the intestinal epithelium...
- Colonic hamartoma development by anomalous duplication in Cdx2 knockout miceY Tamai
Banyu Tsukuba Research Institute Merck, Ibaraki, Japan
Cancer Res 59:2965-70. 1999To determine the biological role of caudal-like homeobox gene CDX2, we constructed knockout mice in which its mouse homologue Cdx2 was inactivated by homologous recombination, placing a bacterial lacZ gene under the control of the Cdx2 ..
- Cdx1 and cdx2 expression during intestinal developmentD G Silberg
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Gastroenterology 119:961-71. 2000The intestine-specific transcription factors Cdx1 and Cdx2 are candidate genes for directing intestinal development, differentiation, and maintenance of the intestinal phenotype...
- Wnt-3a is required for somite specification along the anteroposterior axis of the mouse embryo and for regulation of cdx-1 expressionM Ikeya
Center for Molecular and Developmental Biology, Graduate School of Science, Kyoto University, Kitashirakawa, Sakyo ku, 606 8502, Kyoto, Japan
Mech Dev 103:27-33. 2001..These results indicate that Wnt-3a is necessary for correct anteroposterior patterning of vertebra, and that cdx-1 may be one of the mediator genes of Wnt-3a signaling in this process...
- Cdx1 and Cdx2 have overlapping functions in anteroposterior patterning and posterior axis elongationEric van den Akker
Hubrecht Laboratory, Netherlands Institute for Developmental Biology, Uppsalalaan 8, 3584 CT Utrecht, The Netherlands
Development 129:2181-93. 2002..Two of the three mouse Cdx paralogues, Cdx 1 and Cdx2, are expressed early in a Hox-like manner in the three germ layers...
- Conversion of gastric mucosa to intestinal metaplasia in Cdx2-expressing transgenic miceHiroyuki Mutoh
Department of Gastroenterology, Jichi Medical School, Yakushiji 3311 1, Minamikawachimachi, Kawachigun, Tochigi 329 0498, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 294:470-9. 2002..To clarify how an intestine-specific homeobox gene, Cdx2, affects the morphogenesis of gastric mucosa, we generated transgenic mice expressing Cdx2 in parietal cells...
- A study of regional gut endoderm potency by analysis of Cdx2 null mutant chimaeric miceFelix Beck
Department of Biochemistry, University of Leicester, University Road, Leicester, LE1 7RH, UK
Dev Biol 255:399-406. 2003Inactivation of Cdx2 by homologous recombination results in the development of forestomach epithelium at ectopic sites in pericaecal areas of the midgut of heterozygote mice...
- The Cdx2 homeobox gene has a tumour suppressor function in the distal colon in addition to a homeotic role during gut developmentC Bonhomme
INSERM, Unit 381, 3 Ave Molière, 67200 Strasbourg, France
Gut 52:1465-71. 2003During development, the homeobox gene Cdx2 exerts a homeotic function, providing the positional information necessary for correct specification of the midgut endoderm...
- Cdx1 or Cdx2 expression activates E-cadherin-mediated cell-cell adhesion and compaction in human COLO 205 cellsMatthew S Keller
Division of Gastroenterology 660 CRB, University of Pennsylvania, 415 Curie Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 287:G104-14. 2004..The Cdx homeodomain transcription factors (Cdx1 and Cdx2) regulate intestine-specific gene expression and intestinal epithelial differentiation...
- Hindgut defects and transformation of the gastro-intestinal tract in Tcf4(-/-)/Tcf1(-/-) embryosAlex Gregorieff
Netherlands Institute for Developmental Biology and Center for Biomedical Genetics, Hubrecht Laboratory, Uppsalalaan, CT Utrecht, The Netherlands
EMBO J 23:1825-33. 2004..Our results reveal a novel role for Wnt signalling in early gut morphogenesis and suggest that specific Wnt-driven patterning events are determined by the unique tissue distribution of Tcf/Lef family members...
- Cdx2 is essential for axial elongation in mouse developmentKallayanee Chawengsaksophak
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, 600 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1X5
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:7641-5. 2004Inactivation of Cdx2 leads to preimplantation embryonic lethality...
- Cdx2 is required for correct cell fate specification and differentiation of trophectoderm in the mouse blastocystDan Strumpf
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, 600 University Avenue, Toronto M5G 1X5, Ontario, Canada
Development 132:2093-102. 2005..The T-box protein eomesodermin (Eomes) and the caudal-type homeodomain protein Cdx2 are expressed in the TE, and both Eomes and Cdx2 homozygous mutant embryos die around the time of implantation...
- Derivation of germ-line-competent embryonic stem cell lines from preblastocyst mouse embryosPaul J Tesar
Mammalian Development Laboratory, Department of Zoology, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3PS, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:8239-44. 2005..This finding raises the interesting question of whether ES cell lines derived from embryos at different stages of preimplantation development possess the same potential...
- Interaction between Oct3/4 and Cdx2 determines trophectoderm differentiationHitoshi Niwa
Laboratory for Pluripotent Cell Studies, RIKEN Center for Developmental Biology CDB, 2 2 3 Minatojima minamimachi, Kobe, Hyogo 650 0047, Japan
Cell 123:917-29. 2005..We show here that this event can be mimicked by overexpression of Caudal-related homeobox 2 (Cdx2), which is sufficient to generate proper trophoblast stem (TS) cells...
- Gene replacement reveals a specific role for E-cadherin in the formation of a functional trophectodermNatalia G Kan
Max Planck Institut fur Immunbiologie, Abteilung für Molekulare Embryologie, Stubeweg 51, D 79108 Freiburg, Germany
Development 134:31-41. 2007..Thus, N-cadherin can maintain epithelia in differentiating ES cells, but not during the formation of the trophectoderm. Our results point to a specific and unique function for E-cadherin during mouse preimplantation development...
- Crucial role of Bysl in mammalian preimplantation development as an integral factor for 40S ribosome biogenesisKenjiro Adachi
Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Minato ku, Toyko 108 8639, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 27:2202-14. 2007..These findings provide evidence for a crucial role of Bysl as an integral factor for ribosome biogenesis and suggest a critical dependence of blastocyst formation on active translation machinery...
- Transcription factor TEAD4 specifies the trophectoderm lineage at the beginning of mammalian developmentRieko Yagi
Laboratory of Molecular Growth Regulation, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, 6 Center Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892 2753, USA
Development 134:3827-36. 2007..Tead4(-/-) embryos do not express trophectoderm-specific genes, such as Cdx2, but do express ICM-specific genes, such as Oct4 (also known as Pou5f1)...
- Mouse model of colonic adenoma-carcinoma progression based on somatic Apc inactivationTakao Hinoi
Department of Internal Medicine, The Cancer Center, University of Michigan School of Medicine, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 2200, USA
Cancer Res 67:9721-30. 2007..We defined human CDX2 sequences conferring colon epithelium-preferential transgene expression in the adult mouse...
- Cdx2 acts downstream of cell polarization to cell-autonomously promote trophectoderm fate in the early mouse embryoAmy Ralston
Program in Developmental and Stem Cell Biology, Hospital for Sick Children Research Institute, MARS Building, Toronto Medical Discovery Tower, 101 College St, Toronto, ON, Canada
Dev Biol 313:614-29. 2008..The Caudal-like transcription factor Cdx2 is required for repression of inner cell mass genes Oct4 and Nanog in the trophectoderm...
- Tead4 is required for specification of trophectoderm in pre-implantation mouse embryosNoriyuki Nishioka
Laboratory for Embryonic Induction, RIKEN Center for Developmental Biology, 2 2 3 Minatojima minamimachi, Chuo, Kobe, Hyogo 650 0047, Japan
Mech Dev 125:270-83. 2008..Differentiation of TE is regulated by the transcription factor Caudal-related homeobox 2 (Cdx2), but the mechanisms which act upstream of Cdx2 expression remain unknown...
- Blastomeres of the mouse embryo lose totipotency after the fifth cleavage division: expression of Cdx2 and Oct4 and developmental potential of inner and outer blastomeres of 16- and 32-cell embryosAneta Suwinska
Department of Embryology, Institute of Zoology, Faculty of Biology, University of Warsaw, Miecznikowa 1, 02 096 Poland
Dev Biol 322:133-44. 2008..In 24 h old blastocysts developed from blastomeres derived from 16-cell embryos the expression of Cdx2 protein was upregulated in outer cells (new trophectoderm) of the inner cells-derived aggregates and downregulated ..
- Distinct sequential cell behaviours direct primitive endoderm formation in the mouse blastocystBerenika Plusa
Developmental Biology Program, Sloan Kettering Institute, New York, USA
Development 135:3081-91. 2008..Subsequently, a gradual progression towards a mutually exclusive expression of PrE- and EPI-specific markers occurs. Finally, cell sorting is achieved by a variety of cell behaviours and by selective apoptosis...
- Role of Cdx2 and cell polarity in cell allocation and specification of trophectoderm and inner cell mass in the mouse embryoAgnieszka Jedrusik
Wellcome Trust Cancer Research UK Gurdon Institute, Cambridge CB2 1QN, United Kingdom
Genes Dev 22:2692-706. 2008..Outside cells become committed to the trophectoderm at the blastocyst stage through Cdx2 activity, but here we show that Cdx2 can also act earlier to influence cell allocation...
- Epigenetic restriction of embryonic cell lineage fate by methylation of Elf5Ray Kit Ng
Laboratory of Developmental Genetics and Imprinting, The Babraham Institute, Cambridge CB22 3AT, UK
Nat Cell Biol 10:1280-90. 2008..Elf5 creates a positive-feedback loop with the TS cell determinants Cdx2 and Eomes that is restricted to the trophoblast lineage by epigenetic regulation of Elf5...
- The Hippo signaling pathway components Lats and Yap pattern Tead4 activity to distinguish mouse trophectoderm from inner cell massNoriyuki Nishioka
Laboratory for Embryonic Induction, RIKEN Center for Developmental Biology, 2 2 3 Minatojima minamimachi, Chuo Ku, Kobe, Hyogo 650 0047, Japan
Dev Cell 16:398-410. 2009..Here, we show that transcriptionally active Tead4 can induce Cdx2 and other trophoblast genes in parallel in embryonic stem cells...
- Establishment of intestinal identity and epithelial-mesenchymal signaling by Cdx2Nan Gao
Department of Genetics, and Institute for Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Dev Cell 16:588-99. 2009We demonstrate that conditional ablation of the homeobox transcription factor Cdx2 from early endoderm results in the replacement of the posterior intestinal epithelium with keratinocytes, a dramatic cell fate conversion caused by ectopic ..
- GATA3 is selectively expressed in the trophectoderm of peri-implantation embryo and directly regulates Cdx2 gene expressionPratik Home
Institute of Maternal Fetal Biology, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
J Biol Chem 284:28729-37. 2009..we found that, knockdown of GATA3 by RNA interference (RNAi) down-regulates expression of caudal-type homeobox 2 (CDX2), a key regulator of the TE lineage...
- Uncovering early response of gene regulatory networks in ESCs by systematic induction of transcription factorsAkira Nishiyama
National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Cell Stem Cell 5:420-33. 2009..Of the 50 TFs, Cdx2 provoked the most extensive transcriptome perturbation in ESCs, followed by Esx1, Sox9, Tcf3, Klf4, and Gata3...
- CDX transcription factors positively regulate expression of solute carrier family 5, member 8 in the colonic epitheliumFumihiko Kakizaki
Department of Pharmacology, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Sakyo, Kyoto, Japan
Gastroenterology 138:627-35. 2010Caudal-related homeodomain transcription factors CDX1 and CDX2 regulate gut development and differentiation of intestinal epithelial cells; they are candidate tumor suppressors of colorectal carcinomas...
- Cdx2 regulation of posterior development through non-Hox targetsJoanne G A Savory
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, K1H 8M5, Canada
Development 136:4099-110. 2009The homeodomain transcription factors Cdx1, Cdx2 and Cdx4 play essential roles in anteroposterior vertebral patterning through regulation of Hox gene expression. Cdx2 is also expressed in the trophectoderm commencing at E3...
- Maternally and zygotically provided Cdx2 have novel and critical roles for early development of the mouse embryoAgnieszka Jedrusik
The Gurdon Institute, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1QN, UK
Dev Biol 344:66-78. 2010..Elimination of zygotic expression of trophectoderm-specific transcription factor Cdx2 leads to defects in the maintenance of the blastocyst cavity, suggesting that it participates only in the late ..
- Nanog is required for primitive endoderm formation through a non-cell autonomous mechanismDaniel M Messerschmidt
Department of Molecular Embryology, Max Planck Institute for Immunobiology, Stuebeweg 51, 79108 Freiburg, Germany
Dev Biol 344:129-37. 2010Early lineage segregation in mouse development results in two, either CDX2- or OCT4/NANOG-positive, cell populations. CDX2-positive cells form the trophectoderm (TE), OCT4/NANOG-positive cells the inner cell mass (ICM)...
- Differentiation-specific histone modifications reveal dynamic chromatin interactions and partners for the intestinal transcription factor CDX2Michael P Verzi
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Dev Cell 19:713-26. 2010..intestinal epithelial cells and found enrichment of transcription factor-binding motifs corresponding to CDX2, a critical regulator of the intestine...
- Cdx2 levels modulate intestinal epithelium maturity and Paneth cell developmentMary Ann S Crissey
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Gastroenterology 140:517-528.e8. 2011Caudal-related homeobox protein 2 (Cdx2) is an intestine-specific transcription factor that is important for intestinal development and intestine-specific gene expression...
- Initiation of trophectoderm lineage specification in mouse embryos is independent of Cdx2Guangming Wu
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Max Planck Institute for Molecular Biomedicine, Röntgenstrasse 20, 48149 Munster, Germany
Development 137:4159-69. 2010..b>Cdx2, the first transcription factor expressed specifically in the developing TE, is crucial for the differentiation of ..
- Essential and redundant functions of caudal family proteins in activating adult intestinal genesMichael P Verzi
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mol Cell Biol 31:2026-39. 2011..We conditionally inactivated mouse Cdx2, a dominant regulator of intestinal development, and mapped its genome occupancy in adult intestinal villi...
- Ectopic Cdx2 expression in murine esophagus models an intermediate stage in the emergence of Barrett's esophagusJianping Kong
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e18280. 2011..Transgenic mice were derived in which the transcription factor Cdx2 is expressed in squamous epithelium using the murine Keratin-14 gene promoter...
- BRACHYURY and CDX2 mediate BMP-induced differentiation of human and mouse pluripotent stem cells into embryonic and extraembryonic lineagesAndreia S Bernardo
The Anne McLaren Laboratory for Regenerative Medicine, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 0SZ, UK
Cell Stem Cell 9:144-55. 2011..These conditions induced cells with high levels of BRACHYURY (BRA) that coexpressed CDX2. BRA was necessary for and preceded CDX2 expression; both genes were essential for expression not only of ..
- Cdx regulates Dll1 in multiple lineagesStephanie Grainger
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of Ottawa, 451 Smyth Road, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Dev Biol 361:1-11. 2012..The murine Cdx homologues Cdx1, Cdx2 and Cdx4 play important roles in anterior-posterior patterning of the embryonic axis and the intestine, as well as ..
- Cdx function is required for maintenance of intestinal identity in the adultAlexa Hryniuk
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K17 8M5
Dev Biol 363:426-37. 2012The homeodomain transcription factors Cdx1 and Cdx2 are expressed in the intestinal epithelium from early development, with expression persisting throughout the life of the animal...
- Generation and live imaging of an endogenous Cdx2 reporter mouse lineKatie McDole
Department of Biology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21218, USA
Genesis 50:775-82. 2012..We have generated a reporter line in which eGFP is fused to the endogenous locus of Cdx2, a transcription factor essential for trophectoderm specification, allowing us to visualize cell fate decisions in ..
- Maternal Cdx2 is dispensable for mouse developmentStephanie Blij
Department of Molecular, Cell, and Developmental Biology, University of California Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz, CA 95064, USA
Development 139:3969-72. 2012..The caudal domain transcription factor CDX2 has been reported to act as a maternal determinant regulating cell fate decisions in mouse development...
- Asymmetric localization of Cdx2 mRNA during the first cell-fate decision in early mouse developmentMaria Skamagki
The Gurdon Institute, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1QN, United Kingdom
Cell Rep 3:442-57. 2013..The transcription factor Cdx2 plays a key role in the first cell-fate decision...
- Oct4 cell-autonomously promotes primitive endoderm development in the mouse blastocystTristan Frum
Department of Molecular, Cell, and Developmental Biology, University of California, Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz, CA 95064, USA
Dev Cell 25:610-22. 2013..Finally, we show that Oct4 is required for the expression of multiple EPI and PE genes as well as multiple metabolic pathways essential for the continued growth of the preimplantation embryo. ..
- The Hippo pathway member Nf2 is required for inner cell mass specificationKatie Cockburn
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Toronto, ON M5S 1A8, Canada
Curr Biol 23:1195-201. 2013..of the embryo, Yap is nuclear localized and cooperates with Tead4 to induce the TE-specifying transcription factor Cdx2. In inside cells, Lats1/2 phosphorylate Yap and prevent its nuclear localization...
- Temporal reduction of LATS kinases in the early preimplantation embryo prevents ICM lineage differentiationChanchao Lorthongpanich
Mammalian Development Laboratory, Institute of Medical Biology, Singapore
Genes Dev 27:1441-6. 2013..We therefore conclude that precisely timed YAP localization in early morulae is essential to prevent trophectoderm marker expression in, and lineage specification of, the ICM. ..
- Establishment of totipotency does not depend on Oct4AGuangming Wu
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Biomedicine, Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Röntgenstrasse 20, 48149 Munster, Germany
Nat Cell Biol 15:1089-97. 2013....
- FGF4 is a limiting factor controlling the proportions of primitive endoderm and epiblast in the ICM of the mouse blastocystDayana Krawchuk
Goodman Cancer Research Centre, Department of Human Genetics, McGill University, 1160 Pine Avenue West, Rm 419, Canada
Dev Biol 384:65-71. 2013..We conclude that the amount of FGF4 is limited and regulates PE/EPI proportions in the mouse embryo...
- GATA6 levels modulate primitive endoderm cell fate choice and timing in the mouse blastocystNadine Schrode
Developmental Biology Program, Sloan Kettering Institute, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
Dev Cell 29:454-67. 2014..This study provides a framework for quantitative analyses of mammalian embryos and establishes GATA6 as a nodal point in the gene regulatory network driving ICM lineage specification. ..
- Cdx2 ectopic expression induces gastric intestinal metaplasia in transgenic miceDebra G Silberg
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Gastroenterology 122:689-96. 2002..b>Cdx2, a transcription factor whose expression is normally limited to the intestine, has been detected in gastric ..
- Gata3 regulates trophoblast development downstream of Tead4 and in parallel to Cdx2Amy Ralston
Program in Developmental and Stem Cell Biology, Hospital for Sick Children Research Institute, MARS Building, Toronto Medical Discovery Tower, Toronto, ON M5G 1L7, Canada
Development 137:395-403. 2010..The transcription factor Cdx2 plays a central role by repressing pluripotency genes, such as Oct4, and promoting extraembryonic trophoblast fate ..
- Expression of Cdx-2 in the mouse embryo and placenta: possible role in patterning of the extra-embryonic membranesF Beck
Howard Florey Institute of Experimental Physiology and Medicine, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Dev Dyn 204:219-27. 1995....
- cdx4/lacZ and cdx2/lacZ protein gradients formed by decay during gastrulation in the mouseStephen J Gaunt
Department of Development and Genetics, The Babraham Institute, Cambridge, UK
Int J Dev Biol 49:901-8. 2005Expression of the mouse caudal genes cdx4 and cdx2 is examined by use of lacZ reporter constructs expressed in transgenic mouse embryos. During early gastrulation, up to at least 8...
- The Cdx4 mutation affects axial development and reveals an essential role of Cdx genes in the ontogenesis of the placental labyrinth in miceJohan van Nes
Hubrecht Laboratory, Netherlands Institute for Developmental Biology, Utrecht
Development 133:419-28. 2006..A subtle contribution of Cdx4 to anteroposterior (AP) vertebral patterning was revealed in Cdx1/Cdx4 and Cdx2/Cdx4 compound mutants...
- Collagen IV induces trophoectoderm differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cellsKatja Schenke-Layland
Cardiovascular Research Laboratory, UCLA School of Medicine, 675 C E Young Dr, MRL 3 645, Los Angeles, California 90095 1760, USA
Stem Cells 25:1529-38. 2007..was only seen in ES cell lines maintained on embryonic feeder layers and was caudal-type homeobox protein 2 (Cdx2)-dependent, consistent with Cdx2's postulated role in trophoectoderm commitment...
- Multiple regulatory regions control the complex expression pattern of the mouse Cdx2 homeobox geneFairouz Benahmed
INSERM, U682, Strasbourg, France
Gastroenterology 135:1238-1247, 1247.e1-3. 2008The Cdx2 homeobox gene exerts multiple functions including trophectoderm specification, antero-posterior patterning, and determination of intestinal identity...
- RBM19 is essential for preimplantation development in the mouseJian Zhang
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin and Children s Research Institute, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
BMC Dev Biol 8:115. 2008..Here we analyzed the role of RBM19 during mouse embryonic development by generating mice containing a mutation in the Rbm19 locus via gene-trap insertion...
- The caudal-related homeodomain protein Cdx-2/3 regulates glucagon gene expression in islet cellsB Laser
Clinical Diabetology, Department of Medicine, Centre Medical Universitaire, 1 rue Michel Servet, CH 1211 Geneva 4, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 271:28984-94. 1996..We therefore conclude that the caudal-related gene cdx-2/3 is implicated in the transcriptional control of glucagon gene expression in the alpha cells of the islets of Langerhans...
- Nuclear localization of Prickle2 is required to establish cell polarity during early mouse embryogenesisHirotaka Tao
Laboratory for Animal Resources and Genetic Engineering, RIKEN Center for Developmental Biology CDB, Chuo Ku, Kobe, Japan
Dev Biol 364:138-48. 2012..The cell polarity phenotype was efficiently rescued by nuclear but not cytoplasmic Pk2, demonstrating the nuclear localization of Pk2 is critical for its function...
- Stress induces AMPK-dependent loss of potency factors Id2 and Cdx2 in early embryos and stem cells [corrected]Yufen Xie
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, C S Mott Center for Human Growth and Development, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Stem Cells Dev 22:1564-75. 2013..We assayed the expression of putative potency-maintaining phosphorylated Cdx2 ser60 in the oocyte, two-cell stage embryo, blastocyst, and in TSC...
- The H19 induction triggers trophoblast lineage commitment in mouse ES cellsHiroaki Fujimori
Division of Genome Stability Research, National Cancer Center Research Institute, 5 1 1 Tsukiji, Chuo Ku, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 436:313-8. 2013..blastcyst is regulated by a reciprocal repression of the key transcriptional factors; Oct3/4 dominancy inhibits Cdx2 expression in inner cell mass (ICM) and leads them to epiblast/primitive ectoderm but Cdx2 dominancy in ..
- The mesenchymal winged helix transcription factor Fkh6 is required for the control of gastrointestinal proliferation and differentiationK H Kaestner
Department of Genetics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104 6145, USA
Genes Dev 11:1583-95. 1997....
- Clusterin gene transcription is activated by caudal-related homeobox genes in intestinal epitheliumE Suh
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 280:G149-56. 2001..Using cDNA differential display, we identified clusterin as a prominently induced gene in a Cdx2-regulated cellular model of intestinal differentiation...
- Anterior expression of the caudal homologue cCdx-B activates a posterior genetic program in avian embryosL A Ehrman
Division of Molecular Cardiovascular Biology, The Children s Hospital Research Foundation, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Dev Dyn 221:412-21. 2001..These results support an important role for cCdx-B in initiating a posterior program of gene expression that includes Wnt signaling molecules and the Hox cluster genes...
- Novel interaction at the Cdx-2 binding sites of the lactase-phlorizin hydrolase promoterHerbert M van Wering
Division of Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Children s Hospital Boston, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 299:587-93. 2002..These data are consistent with the hypothesis that NF-LPH1/R represses LPH gene expression in non-Cdx-2-producing cells, and that this repression is released in cells that synthesize Cdx-2, such as those in the intestinal epithelium...
- Expression of a novel homeobox gene Ehox in trophoblast stem cells and pharyngeal pouch endodermMelany Jackson
John Hughes Bennett Laboratory, University of Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Dev Dyn 228:740-4. 2003....
- Ectopic expression of the homeobox gene Cdx2 is the transforming event in a mouse model of t(12;13)(p13;q12) acute myeloid leukemiaVijay P S Rawat
GSF Clinical Cooperative Group Leukemia and Department of Medicine III, Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University, 81377 Munich, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:817-22. 2004..In t(12;13)(p13;q12) AML, ectopic expression of the homeobox gene CDX2 was detected in addition to expression of the ETV6-CDX2 fusion gene, generated by the chromosomal translocation...
- Simultaneous expression of COX-2 and mPGES-1 in mouse gastrointestinal hamartomasH Takeda
Department of Pharmacology, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
Br J Cancer 90:701-4. 2004..prostaglandin E(2) synthase (mPGES)-1 in gastrointestinal hamartomas developed in Lkb1(+/-), Smad4(+/-) and Cdx2(+/-)mice...
- Nodal protein processing and fibroblast growth factor 4 synergize to maintain a trophoblast stem cell microenvironmentMarcela Guzman-Ayala
Developmental Biology Group, Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research ISREC, Chemin des Boveresses 155, CH 1066 Epalinges, Switzerland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:15656-60. 2004..Because the ExE itself produces the proteases Furin and PACE4 to activate Nodal, it represents the first example, to our knowledge, of a stem cell compartment that actively maintains its own microenvironment...
- Cdx binding determines the timing of enhancer activation in postnatal duodenumElizabeth A Maier
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Developmental Biology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine and Cincinnati Children s Hospital Research Foundation, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
J Biol Chem 280:13195-202. 2005..Two sites were identified that bound both Cdx1 and Cdx2. Mutations were identified in these two sites that completely and specifically eliminated Cdx binding...
- Cdx2 specifies the differentiation of morphological as well as functional absorptive enterocytes of the small intestineHiroyuki Mutoh
Department of Gastroenterology, Jichi Medical School, Tochigi, Japan
Int J Dev Biol 49:867-71. 2005..We report in this study that the transcription factor Cdx2 functions to define absorptive enterocytes during intestinal epithelial differentiation...
- The caudal-related protein cdx2 promotes trophoblast differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cellsElena Tolkunova
Department of Developmental Biology, Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology, Stubeweg 51, 79108 Freiburg, Germany
Stem Cells 24:139-44. 2006..The caudal-related homeobox protein Cdx2 is a transcriptional regulator essential for trophoblast lineage, functioning as early as implantation...
- Barx1 and evolutionary changes in feedingIsabelle Miletich
Department of Craniofacial Development, Dental Institute, Kings College London, UK
J Anat 207:619-22. 2005....
- Functional characterization of the CCL25 promoter in small intestinal epithelial cells suggests a regulatory role for caudal-related homeobox (Cdx) transcription factorsAnna Ericsson
Immunology Section, Stem Cell Center, Biomedical Centre I 13, Lund University, S 22184 Lund, Sweden
J Immunol 176:3642-51. 2006..Together these results demonstrate a unique pattern of regulation for CCL25 and suggest a role for Cdx proteins in regulating CCL25 transcription...
- Geminin is essential to prevent endoreduplication and to form pluripotent cells during mammalian developmentMichael A Gonzalez
Medical Research Council Cancer Cell Unit, Hutchison MRC Research Centre, UK
Genes Dev 20:1880-4. 2006..Geminin is also down-regulated in TGCs of wild-type blastocysts during S and gap-like phases by proteasome-mediated degradation, suggesting that loss of geminin is part of the mechanism regulating endoreduplication...
- Murine inner cell mass-derived lineages depend on Sall4 functionUlrich Elling
Developmental Biology Unit, European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Meyerhofstrasse 1, 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:16319-24. 2006..These data establish Sall4 as an essential transcription factor required for the early development of inner cell mass-derived cell lineages...
- HOP/NECC1, a novel regulator of mouse trophoblast differentiationKazuo Asanoma
Division of Molecular and Cell Therapeutics, Kyushu University, Japan
J Biol Chem 282:24065-74. 2007....
- PIAS proteins as repressors of Oct4 functionElena Tolkunova
Department of Developmental Biology, Max Planck Institute for Immunobiology, Stubeweg 51, 79108 Freiburg, Germany
J Mol Biol 374:1200-12. 2007..We propose that Oct4 inhibition, mediated by this new class of transcriptional partners, might be instrumental during mammalian development...
- Isx participates in the maintenance of vitamin A metabolism by regulation of beta-carotene 15,15'-monooxygenase (Bcmo1) expressionYusuke Seino
Division of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe 650 0017, Japan
J Biol Chem 283:4905-11. 2008..These data suggest that Isx participates in the maintenance of vitamin A metabolism by regulating Bcmo1 expression in the intestine...
- SUMO-specific protease 2 is essential for modulating p53-Mdm2 in development of trophoblast stem cell niches and lineagesShang Yi Chiu
Department of Biomedical Genetics, Center for Oral Biology, James P Wilmot Cancer Center, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York, USA
PLoS Biol 6:e310. 2008..Our data reveal a key genetic pathway, SENP2-Mdm2-p53, underlying trophoblast lineage development, suggesting its pivotal role in cell cycle progression of mitosis and endoreduplication...
- Effect of retinoic acid signaling on Wnt/beta-catenin and FGF signaling during body axis extensionXianling Zhao
Burnham Institute for Medical Research, Development and Aging Program, 10901 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Gene Expr Patterns 9:430-5. 2009..Sprouty2 and Pea3 expression, and an expansion of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling detected by expression of Axin2, Tbx6, Cdx2, and Cdx4...
- Functional redundancy of EGF-CFC genes in epiblast and extraembryonic patterning during early mouse embryogenesisJianhua Chu
Department of Medicine, Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
Dev Biol 342:63-73. 2010..Our results indicate that both Cripto and Cryptic function non-cell-autonomously during normal development, and that most if not all Nodal activity in early mouse embryogenesis is EGF-CFC-dependent...
- Global chromatin architecture reflects pluripotency and lineage commitment in the early mouse embryoKashif Ahmed
Genetics and Genome Biology Program, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 5:e10531. 2010..Together, these studies show that an open chromatin architecture is established in the embryonic lineages during development and is sufficient to distinguish pluripotent cells from tissue-restricted progenitor cells...
- Molecular Mechanisms Underlying Barrett's EsophagusDebra Silberg; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Cdx in GI Differentiation and TransdifferentiationDebra Silberg; Fiscal Year: 2005..The origin of this important human premalignant lesion is unknown but of clear clinical relevance. CDX1 and CDX2, intestine specific homeobox transcription factors, are candidate genes for directing development, differentiation ..
- REGULATION OF CDX GENE EXPRESSION IN COLON CANCEREunran Suh; Fiscal Year: 2002..CDX1 and CDX2 are transcription factors that are involved in regulation of proliferation and differentiation of the intestinal ..
- FUNCTION OF A GROWTH INDUCED GENE IN LIVER REGENERATIONKLAUS KAESTNER; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- REGULATION OF INTESTINAL EPITHELIAL CELL PROLIFERATIONJohn Lynch; Fiscal Year: 2004..The caudal-related genes, CDX1 and CDX2, are known to be required for the correct developmental expression of several intestine-specific genes, including ..
- REGULATION OF INTESTINE-SPECIFIC GENE TRANSCRIPTIONEunran Suh; Fiscal Year: 2006..Cdx1 and Cdx2 were shown to be key factors in the transcriptional regulation of a number of intestine specific genes...
- Expression profiling of human isletsKLAUS KAESTNER; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Development of C57BL/6 ES cell technology for high thoughput use.KLAUS KAESTNER; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FUNCTIONAL GENOMICS OF THE BETA-CELLKLAUS KAESTNER; Fiscal Year: 2007..The new resources generated through this project will be made available to the NIDDK-funded biotechnology centers and the diabetes research community at large. ..
- Liver Biology, Development and DiseaseKLAUS KAESTNER; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cdx2 modulates beta-catenin activity in intestinal cellsJohn P Lynch; Fiscal Year: 2010..The homeodomain transcription factor Cdx2 is a well-studied regulator of intestine-specific gene expression...