Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cdk6
Description: cyclin-dependent kinase 6
Alias: AI504062, Crk2, cyclin-dependent kinase 6, CR2 protein kinase, cell division protein kinase 6, serine/threonine-protein kinase PLSTIRE
- Activation of a Dab1/CrkL/C3G/Rap1 pathway in Reelin-stimulated neuronsBryan A Ballif
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Avenue North, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Curr Biol 14:606-10. 2004..C3G and Rap1 regulate adhesion of fibroblasts and other cell types. Regulation of Crk/CrkL, C3G, and Rap1 by Reelin may be involved in coordinating neuron migrations during brain development...
- A requirement for cyclin-dependent kinase 6 in thymocyte development and tumorigenesisMiaofen G Hu
Molecular Oncology Research Institute, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Cancer Res 69:810-8. 2009Cyclin-dependent kinase 6 (CDK6) promotes cell cycle progression and is overexpressed in human lymphoid malignancies. To determine the role of CDK6 in development and tumorigenesis, we generated and analyzed knockout mice...
- c-JUN promotes BCR-ABL-induced lymphoid leukemia by inhibiting methylation of the 5' region of Cdk6Karoline Kollmann
Institute of Pharmacology, Center of Biomolecular Medicine and Pharmacology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Blood 117:4065-75. 2011..The decreased proliferation of c-Jun(Δ/Δ) cells is associated with the loss of cyclin-dependent kinase 6 (CDK6) expression...
- Cyclin D1-dependent kinase activity in murine development and mammary tumorigenesisMark W Landis
Molecular Oncology Research Institute and Department of Radiation Oncology, Tufts New England Medical Center, 750 Washington Street 5609, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Cancer Cell 9:13-22. 2006Cyclin D1 is a multifunctional protein that activates CDK4 and CDK6, titrates Cip/Kip CDK inhibitors to increase CDK2 activity, and modulates the function of certain transcription factors...
- Therapeutic targeting of the cyclin D3:CDK4/6 complex in T cell leukemiaCatherine M Sawai
Department of Pathology and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Cancer Cell 22:452-65. 2012..These studies identify unique functions for cyclin D3:CDK4/6 complexes and suggest potential therapeutic protocols for this devastating blood tumor...
- Cell cycle progression without cyclin D-CDK4 and cyclin D-CDK6 complexesKatarzyna Kozar
Department of Cancer Biology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cell Cycle 4:388-91. 2005D-type cyclins (cyclin D1, D2 and D3) and their associated cyclin-dependent kinases CDK4 and CDK6 were thought to represent important, perhaps essential components of the core cell cycle apparatus...
- Mammalian cells cycle without the D-type cyclin-dependent kinases Cdk4 and Cdk6Marcos Malumbres
Molecular Oncology Program, Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Oncologicas CNIO, E 28029 Madrid, Spain
Cell 118:493-504. 2004Cdk4 and Cdk6 are thought to be essential for initiation of the cell cycle in response to mitogenic stimuli...
- Mouse development and cell proliferation in the absence of D-cyclinsKatarzyna Kozar
Department of Cancer Biology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell 118:477-91. 2004..Lastly, we found that cells lacking D-cyclins display reduced susceptibility to the oncogenic transformation. Our results reveal the presence of alternative mechanisms that allow cell cycle progression in a cyclin D-independent fashion...
- Cdk6-cyclin D3 activity in murine ES cells is resistant to inhibition by p16(INK4a)Renate Faast
Department of Molecular Biosciences, BresaGen Cell Therapy Program, Center for Molecular Genetics of Development, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Oncogene 23:491-502. 2004..b>Cdk6 is the major catalytic partner for cyclin D3 in ES cells and exhibits robust pRb kinase activity that is ..
- The Rb-CDK4/6 signaling pathway is critical in neural precursor cell cycle regulationK L Ferguson
Neuroscience Research Institute, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario K1H 8M5, Canada
J Biol Chem 275:33593-600. 2000..Furthermore, our data underscore the importance of the Rb regulatory pathway in neuronal development and cell cycle regulation, independent of CKI sequestration...
- Expression of cyclin-dependent kinase 6, but not cyclin-dependent kinase 4, alters morphology of cultured mouse astrocytesKaren K Ericson
Department of Biology, Connecticut College, New London, CT 06320, USA
Mol Cancer Res 1:654-64. 2003..The D-cyclin-associated kinases, cyclin-dependent kinase (cdk) 4 and cdk6, are important regulators of the G(1)-S phase transition and are elevated in several types of cancers, including ..
- Bcl11a Deficiency Leads to Hematopoietic Stem Cell Defects with an Aging-like PhenotypeSidinh Luc
Division of Hematology Oncology, Boston Children s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA Department of Pediatric Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Stem Cell Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA Department of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell Rep 16:3181-94. 2016..We find that downregulation of cyclin-dependent kinase 6 (Cdk6), and the ensuing cell-cycle delay, correlate with HSC dysfunction...
- Knockdown of Fbxo7 reveals its regulatory role in proliferation and differentiation of haematopoietic precursor cellsEl Kahina Meziane
Division of Cellular and Genetic Pathology, Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB21QP, UK
J Cell Sci 124:2175-86. 2011..Fbxo7 directly binds p27 and Cdk6, enhances the level of cyclin D-Cdk6 complexes, and its overexpression causes Cdk6-dependent transformation of ..
- Overexpression of Cdk6 and Ccnd1 in chondrocytes inhibited chondrocyte maturation and caused p53-dependent apoptosis without enhancing proliferationK Ito
1 Department of Cell Biology, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki, Japan 2 Department of Molecular Bone Biology, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki, Japan 3 Nagasaki University Research Centre for Genomic Instability and Carcinogenesis NRGIC, Nagasaki, Japan
Oncogene 33:1862-71. 2014..However, we previously showed that overexpression of cyclin-dependent kinase (Cdk6) blocks chondrocyte differentiation without affecting cell-cycle progression in vitro...
- Establishment of crown-root domain borders in mouse incisorEmma Juuri
Institute of Biotechnology, Developmental Biology Program, University of Helsinki, 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Gene Expr Patterns 13:255-64. 2013..The use of different mechanisms to establish domain borders gives indications of the incisor functional asymmetry. ..
- Cyclin D1 is required for proliferation of Olig2-expressing progenitor cells in the injured cerebral cortexLionel Nobs
Institute of Physiology, Department of Biomedicine, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Glia 61:1443-55. 2013..Further, we show that cyclin-dependent kinase (cdk) 4, but not cdk6 or cdk2, is essential for driving cell division of Olig2-expressing cells in our injury model...
- CDK6 associates with the centrosome during mitosis and is mutated in a large Pakistani family with primary microcephalyMuhammad S Hussain
Cologne Center for Genomics CCG
Hum Mol Genet 22:5199-214. 2013..589G>A in CDK6, which encodes cyclin-dependent kinase 6...
- CDK6-mediated repression of CD25 is required for induction and maintenance of Notch1-induced T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemiaN Jena
Department of Medicine, Molecular Oncology Research Institute, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
Leukemia 30:1033-43. 2016..We showed previously that cyclin-dependent kinase 6 (CDK6) is required for thymic lymphoblastic lymphoma induced by activated AKT...
- Novel INK4 proteins, p19 and p18, are specific inhibitors of the cyclin D-dependent kinases CDK4 and CDK6H Hirai
Department of Tumor Cell Biology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Mol Cell Biol 15:2672-81. 1995..members of the mouse INK4 gene family, p19 and p18, that specifically inhibit the kinase activities of CDK4 and CDK6, but do not affect those of cyclin E-CDK2, cyclin A-CDK2, or cyclin B-CDC2, were isolated...
- Overexpression of PRAS40(T246A) in the Proliferative Compartment Suppresses mTORC1 Signaling, Keratinocyte Migration, and Skin Tumor DevelopmentOkkyung Rho
Division of Pharmacology and Toxicology, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas, USA
J Invest Dermatol 136:2070-9. 2016..Collectively, the current data using this unique mouse model provide further evidence that mTORC1 signaling in keratinocytes regulates key events in keratinocyte function and epithelial cancer development. ..
- KSHV viral cyclin interferes with T-cell development and induces lymphoma through Cdk6 and Notch activation in vivoPirita Pekkonen
a Institute of Biotechnology University of Helsinki Helsinki, Finland
Cell Cycle 13:3670-84. 2014Kaposi's sarcoma herpesvirus (KSHV)-encoded v-cyclin, a homolog of cellular cyclin D2, activates cellular CDK6, promotes G1-S transition of the cell cycle, induces DNA damage, apoptosis, autophagy and is reported to have oncogenic ..
- Cdk4 and Cdk6 cooperate in counteracting the INK4 family of inhibitors during murine leukemogenesisEsther Rodríguez-Díez
Cell Division and Cancer Group, Spanish National Cancer Research Centre CNIO, Madrid, Spain
Blood 124:2380-90. 2014Cdk4 and Cdk6 are related protein kinases that bind d-type cyclins and regulate cell-cycle progression. Cdk4/6 inhibitors are currently being used in advanced clinical trials and show great promise against many types of tumors...
- Coordinated control of senescence by lncRNA and a novel T-box3 co-repressor complexPavan Kumar P
Weis Center for Research, Geisinger Clinic, Danville, United States
elife 3:. 2014..Our elucidation of CAPERα and UCA1 functions in vivo provides new insights into senescence induction, and the oncogenic and developmental properties of TBX3. ..
- A kinase-independent function of CDK6 links the cell cycle to tumor angiogenesisKaroline Kollmann
Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Veterinary Medicine Vienna, 1210 Vienna, Austria
Cancer Cell 24:167-81. 2013In contrast to its close homolog CDK4, the cell cycle kinase CDK6 is expressed at high levels in lymphoid malignancies...
- A chrysin derivative suppresses skin cancer growth by inhibiting cyclin-dependent kinasesHaidan Liu
World Class Institute, Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Ochang, Cheongwon 363 883, Republic of Korea
J Biol Chem 288:25924-37. 2013..This study provides new insights for creating a general pharmacophore model to design and develop novel ATP-noncompetitive agents with chemopreventive or chemotherapeutic potency. ..
- Death effector domain-containing protein (DEDD) is required for uterine decidualization during early pregnancy in miceMayumi Mori
Laboratory of Molecular Biomedicine for Pathogenesis, Center for Disease Biology and Integrative Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
J Clin Invest 121:318-27. 2011..These results indicate that DEDD is indispensable for the establishment of an adequate uterine environment to support early pregnancy in mice...
- Postnatal Schwann cell proliferation but not myelination is strictly and uniquely dependent on cyclin-dependent kinase 4 (cdk4)Suzana Atanasoski
Institute of Cell Biology, ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Mol Cell Neurosci 37:519-27. 2008..In contrast, ablation of cdk2 and cdk6 had no significant influence on postnatal Schwann cell proliferation...
- Distinct and nonoverlapping roles for pRB and cyclin D:cyclin-dependent kinases 4/6 activity in melanocyte survivalBenjamin D Yu
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California at San Diego School of Medicine, La Jolla, CA 92093 0686, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:14881-6. 2003..These findings suggest that deregulated cyclin D:cdk4/6 complexes and pRB perform nonoverlapping functions in vivo and provide a cellular mechanism that accounts for the low incidence of RB inactivation in cancers such as melanoma...
- Increased expression of cyclin D2 during multiple states of growth arrest in primary and established cellsM Meyyappan
Departments of Medical Science, Southern Alberta Cancer Research Center, Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2N 4N1
Mol Cell Biol 18:3163-72. 1998..Cyclin D2 was also found to be associated with the cyclin-dependent kinases CDK2 and CDK4 but not CDK6 during growth arrest...
- Cutting edge: differential signaling requirements for activation of assembled cyclin D3-cdk4 complexes in B-1 and B-2 lymphocyte subsetsD A Tanguay
Department of Biology, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA 02467, USA
J Immunol 166:4273-7. 2001..These results reveal a novel regulatory step that controls activation of cyclin D3-cdk4 complexes whose function segregates differentially in B cell subsets...
- Jmjd5, an H3K36me2 histone demethylase, modulates embryonic cell proliferation through the regulation of Cdkn1a expressionAkihiko Ishimura
Division of Functional Genomics, Cancer Research Institute, Kanazawa University, Kakuma machi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa 920 1192, Japan
Development 139:749-59. 2012..Taken together, these results suggest that Jmjd5 physiologically moderates embryonic cell proliferation through the epigenetic control of Cdkn1a expression...
- Pharmacologic inhibition of cyclin-dependent kinases 4 and 6 arrests the growth of glioblastoma multiforme intracranial xenograftsKarine Michaud
Department of Neurological Surgery, Helen Diller Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California San Francisco, California 94143 0520, USA
Cancer Res 70:3228-38. 2010..In total, our results support clinical trial evaluation of PD-0332991 against newly diagnosed as well as recurrent GBM, and indicate that Rb status is the primary determinant of potential benefit from this therapy...
- GLI3 constrains digit number by controlling both progenitor proliferation and BMP-dependent exit to chondrogenesisJavier Lopez-Rios
Developmental Genetics, Department of Biomedicine, University of Basel, 4058 Basel, Switzerland
Dev Cell 22:837-48. 2012..revealed that GLI3 directly restricts the expression of regulators of the G(1)-S cell-cycle transition such as Cdk6 and constrains S phase entry of digit progenitors in the anterior hand plate...
- Characterization of murine gammaherpesvirus 68 v-cyclin interactions with cellular cdksJason W Upton
Center for Emerging Infectious Diseases, Yerkes National Primate Research Center, Emory University School of Medicine, NE Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
Virology 341:271-83. 2005..the gammaHV68 v-cyclin preferentially interacts with cdk2 and cdc2 but does not interact with either cdk4 or cdk6. Mutation of conserved residues, predicted to be involved in cdk binding based on the gammaHV68 v-cyclin:cdk2 ..
- Formation of p27-CDK complexes during the human mitotic cell cycleT J Soos
Program in Molecular Biology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Research Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Cell Growth Differ 7:135-46. 1996..cells, p27 associates with and inhibits cyclin/cycin-dependent kinase (CDK) holoenzymes containing either CDK4, CDK6, or CDK2...
- β-Selection-induced proliferation is required for αβ T cell differentiationTaras Kreslavsky
Department of Cancer Immunology and AIDS, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Immunity 37:840-53. 2012..Consistently, pharmacological inhibition of the cell cycle machinery also blocked differentiation in vivo. Thus the proliferation step is strictly required prior to differentiation of immature thymocytes...
- Pax6 exerts regional control of cortical progenitor proliferation via direct repression of Cdk6 and hypophosphorylation of pRbDa Mi
Centre for Integrative Physiology, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH8 9XD, UK
Neuron 78:269-84. 2013..Biochemical assays indicated that Pax6 directly represses Cdk6 expression...
- PKD1 induces p21(waf1) and regulation of the cell cycle via direct activation of the JAK-STAT signaling pathway in a process requiring PKD2Anil Kumar Bhunia
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Cell 109:157-68. 2002..These results suggest that one function of the polycystin-1/2 complex is to regulate the JAK/STAT pathway and explain how mutations of either gene can result in dysregulated growth...
- Toll-like receptor-4 (TLR4) down-regulates microRNA-107, increasing macrophage adhesion via cyclin-dependent kinase 6Elizabeth J Hennessy
School of Biochemistry and Immunology, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin 2, Ireland
J Biol Chem 286:25531-9. 2011..We have found that the putative miR-107 target cyclin-dependent kinase 6 (CDK6) expression is increased by TLR4 as a result of the decrease in miR-107...
- CDK6 kinase activity is required for thymocyte developmentMiaofen G Hu
Molecular Oncology Research Institute, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
Blood 117:6120-31. 2011Cyclin-dependent kinase-6 (CDK6) is required for early thymocyte development and tumorigenesis...
- Cdk6-dependent regulation of G(1) length controls adult neurogenesisPierre Beukelaers
GIGA Neurosciences, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium
Stem Cells 29:713-24. 2011..Here, we unravel the major contribution of the G(1) regulator cyclin-dependent kinase 6 (Cdk6) to adult neurogenesis...
- Unexpected reduction of skin tumorigenesis on expression of cyclin-dependent kinase 6 in mouse epidermisXian Wang
Department of Molecular Biomedical Sciences, Center for Comparative Medicine and Translational Research, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
Am J Pathol 178:345-54. 2011..To study the role of CDK6 in epithelial growth and tumorigenesis, we generated transgenic mice carrying the CDK6 gene under the keratin 5 ..
- Cdk1 is sufficient to drive the mammalian cell cycleDavid Santamaria
Molecular Oncology Programme, Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Oncologicas, E 28029 Madrid, Spain
Nature 448:811-5. 2007..to require the sequential activation of at least four different cyclin-dependent kinases, Cdk2, Cdk3, Cdk4 and Cdk6, to drive cells through interphase, as well as Cdk1 to proceed through mitosis...
- Microglial/macrophage GRK2 determines duration of peripheral IL-1beta-induced hyperalgesia: contribution of spinal cord CX3CR1, p38 and IL-1 signalingHanneke L D M Willemen
Laboratory of Neuroimmunology and Developmental Origins of Disease, University Medical Center Utrecht, 3584 EA Utrecht, The Netherlands
Pain 150:550-60. 2010..We propose that chronic inflammation decreases spinal microglial/macrophage GRK2, which prevents silencing of microglia/macrophage activity and thereby contributes to prolonged hyperalgesia...
- A synthetic lethal interaction between K-Ras oncogenes and Cdk4 unveils a therapeutic strategy for non-small cell lung carcinomaMarta Puyol
Molecular Oncology Programme, Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Oncologicas, E 28029 Madrid, Spain
Cancer Cell 18:63-73. 2010..Ablation of Cdk4, but not Cdk2 or Cdk6, induces an immediate senescence response only in lung cells that express an endogenous K-Ras oncogene...
- Pattern of retinoblastoma pathway inactivation dictates response to CDK4/6 inhibition in GBMW Ruprecht Wiedemeyer
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:11501-6. 2010..Here, we combined functional genetic screens and comprehensive genomic analyses to identify CDK6 as a GBM oncogene that is required for proliferation and viability in a subset of GBM cell lines and tumors...
- Bone morphogenetic protein 2-induced osteoblast differentiation requires Smad-mediated down-regulation of Cdk6Toru Ogasawara
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Graduate School and Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 24:6560-8. 2004..Of the G(1) cell cycle factors examined, the expression of cyclin-dependent kinase 6 (Cdk6) was found to be strongly down-regulated by BMP-2/Smads signaling, mainly via transcriptional repression...
- A family of human cdc2-related protein kinasesM Meyerson
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Charlestown 02129
EMBO J 11:2909-17. 1992..The identification of a large family of cdc2-related kinases opens the possibility of combinatorial regulation of the cell cycle together with the emerging large family of cyclins...
- Cloning and characterization of murine p16INK4a and p15INK4b genesD E Quelle
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
Oncogene 11:635-45. 1995..through the G1 phase of the cell cycle is regulated in part by the D-type cyclin-dependent kinases, cdk4 and cdk6. Genes encoding two specific inhibitors of these kinases, human p16(INK4a/MTS1) and p15(INK4b/MTS2), map to a ..
- Novel CDC2-related protein kinases produced in murine hematopoietic stem cellsM Ershler
W A Engelhardt Institute of Molecular Biology, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow
Gene 124:305-6. 1993..In total, nine different PK-encoding sequences were obtained. At least four of them encode previously unknown PKs...
- Expression of INK4 inhibitors of cyclin D-dependent kinases during mouse brain developmentF Zindy
Department of Tumor Cell Biology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Cell Growth Differ 8:1139-50. 1997..of mRNAs encoding two polypeptide inhibitors (p18INK4c and p19INK4d) of cyclin D-dependent kinase (CDK) 4 and CDK6 in the central nervous system. No expression of two other INK4 members, p16INK4a and p15INK4b, was observed...
- Control of cell cycle gene expression in bone development and during c-Fos-induced osteosarcoma formationA Sunters
Department of Orthodontics, UMDS Guy s Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Dev Genet 22:386-97. 1998..Cyclin D1 expression was absent despite high levels of CDK4 and CDK6, and the CKI p27 was expressed in chondrocytes, osteoclasts, and at lower levels in osteoblasts...
- Human-mouse comparative mapping of the genomic region containing CDK6: localization of an evolutionary breakpointJ W Thomas
Genome Technology Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, 49 Convent Drive, Bldg 49, Room 2A08, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Mamm Genome 10:764-7. 1999
- Evidence for coordinated interaction of cyclin D3 with p21 and cdk6 in directing the development of uterine stromal cell decidualization and polyploidy during implantationJian Tan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, MRRC 37 3004, Ralph L Smith Research Center, University of Kansas Medical Center, 3901 Rainbow Boulevard, Kansas City, KS 66160 7338, USA
Mech Dev 111:99-113. 2002..coordinate expression and functional association of cyclin D3 with cdk4 suggest a role for proliferation and, that of cyclin D3 with p21 and cdk6 is consistent with the development of polyploidy during stromal cell decidualization.
- CDK inhibitor p18(INK4c) is required for the generation of functional plasma cellsMichelle R Tourigny
Department of Pathology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 1300 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Immunity 17:179-89. 2002..link between cell cycle control and plasma cell differentiation may, at least in part, relate to p18(INK4c) inhibition of CDK6. Cell cycle arrest mediated by p18(INK4C) is therefore requisite for the generation of functional plasma cells.
- A Crk-II/TC10 signaling pathway is required for osmotic shock-stimulated glucose transportPhilippe Gual
INSERM U 568 and IFR 50, Faculte de Medecine, Avenue de Valombrose, 06107 Nice, Cedex 02, France
J Biol Chem 277:43980-6. 2002..These data provide the first evidence that activation of TC10 and remodeling of cortical actin, which could occur through the TC10 signaling, are required for osmotic shock-mediated Glut 4 translocation and glucose uptake...
- Overexpression of Cdk6-cyclin D3 highly sensitizes cells to physical and chemical transformationQiuhong Chen
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Oncogene 22:992-1001. 2003Virtually all mammalian cells express two seemingly redundant cyclin-D-dependent kinases (Cdk4 and Cdk6) and three partner cyclins (D1, D2 and D3) essential for the G(1)-S transition, with predominant expression of Cdk4 and D1 in ..
- CDK6 blocks differentiation: coupling cell proliferation to the block to differentiation in leukemic cellsIgor Matushansky
Department of Cell Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Oncogene 22:4143-9. 2003..We found that CDK6 (but not CDK4) is rapidly downregulated as MEL cells are induced to re-enter erythroid differentiation and that ..
- Temporal distribution of CDK4, CDK6, D-type cyclins, and p27 in developing mouse oocytesJ Kohoutek
Laboratory of Molecular Embryology, Mendel University Brno, 613 00 Brno, Czech Republic
Biol Reprod 70:139-45. 2004..study seeks to initiate analyses of the potential oocyte-specific functions of regulators of G1/S progression-CDK4, CDK6, D-type cyclins, and p27-by first determining their expression patterns in growing and maturing mouse oocytes and ..
- Array comparative genome hybridization for tumor classification and gene discovery in mouse models of malignant melanomaRónán C O'Hagan
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer Res 63:5352-6. 2003..Kannan, et al., Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 21: 2003). These results are the first to establish the utility of array-CGH as a means of etiology-based tumor classification in genetically defined cancer-prone models...
- High expression of active CDK6 in the cytoplasm of CD8 memory cells favors rapid divisionHenrique Veiga-Fernandes
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U591, Institut Necker, 156 rue de Vaugirard, 75015 Paris, France
Nat Immunol 5:31-7. 2004..Naive cells are in a classical state of G0/G1 arrest, with high expression of p27Kip1 and low CDK6 and CDK2 kinase activity. In contrast, memory cells have low expression of p27Kip1 and high CDK6 kinase activity...
- Proliferative suppression by CDK4/6 inhibition: complex function of the retinoblastoma pathway in liver tissue and hepatoma cellsDayana B Rivadeneira
Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Gastroenterology 138:1920-30. 2010..Here, we analyzed the ability of CDK4/6 inhibition to inhibit hepatocyte proliferation and the effect of RB status on this process...
- Inhibition of Cdk6 expression through p38 MAP kinase is involved in differentiation of mouse prechondrocyte ATDC5Toru Moro
Department of Sensory and Motor System Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
J Cell Physiol 204:927-33. 2005..Among the G1 cell cycle factors examined, both protein and mRNA levels of cyclin-dependent kinase (Cdk6) were downregulated during the culture in a differentiation medium...
- Pax9 and Jagged1 act downstream of Gli3 in vertebrate limb developmentEdwina McGlinn
Institute for Molecular Bioscience, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD 4072, Australia
Mech Dev 122:1218-33. 2005..Our data have also revealed that perturbation of early patterning events within the Gli3(Xt/Xt) limb culminates in a specific delay of anterior chondrogenesis which is subsequently realised as extra digits...
- Combined loss of Cdk2 and Cdk4 results in embryonic lethality and Rb hypophosphorylationCyril Berthet
National Cancer Institute, Mouse Cancer Genetics Program, NCI Frederick, Building 560 22 56, 1050 Boyles Street, Frederick, Maryland 21702, USA
Dev Cell 10:563-73. 2006..Our results demonstrate that Cdk2 and Cdk4 cooperate to phosphorylate Rb in vivo and to couple the G1/S phase transition to mitosis via E2F-dependent regulation of gene expression...
- Changes in motility, gene expression and actin dynamics: Cdk6-induced cytoskeletal changes associated with differentiation in mouse astrocytesPeter Slomiany
Department of Biology, Connecticut College, New London, Connecticut, USA
J Cell Biochem 99:635-46. 2006Cyclin dependent kinase (cdk) 4 and cdk6 have historically been understood to be D-cyclin kinases that phosphorylate pRb in the nucleus to regulate G1 phase of the cell cycle...
- Cell cycle and cancer: genetic analysis of the role of cyclin-dependent kinasesM Barbacid
Molecular Oncology Program, Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Oncologicas CNIO, Madrid, Spain
Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol 70:233-40. 2005..For instance, they have illustrated that Cdk4 and Cdk6 are not essential for cell division during embryonic development except in the hematopoietic system...
- Cdk6 blocks myeloid differentiation by interfering with Runx1 DNA binding and Runx1-C/EBPalpha interactionT Fujimoto
EMBL Mouse Biology Unit, Monterotondo, Italy
EMBO J 26:2361-70. 2007..We here show that cyclin-dependent kinase 6 (Cdk6) is specifically expressed in proliferating hematopoietic progenitor cells, and that Cdk6 inhibits transcriptional ..
- The LxCxE pRb interaction domain of cyclin D1 is dispensable for murine developmentMark W Landis
Molecular Oncology Research Institute, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Cancer Res 67:7613-20. 2007....
- [Identification of new protein kinase genes, similar to kinases of the cdc2 family and expressed in murine hematopoietic stem cells]M A Ershler
Dokl Akad Nauk 324:893-7. 1992
- Lineage specific composition of cyclin D-CDK4/CDK6-p27 complexes reveals distinct functions of CDK4, CDK6 and individual D-type cyclins in differentiating cells of embryonic originV Bryja
Institute of Biophysics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Brno, Czech Republic
Cell Prolif 41:875-93. 2008..This article is to study the role of G(1)/S regulators in differentiation of pluripotent embryonic cells...
- Stage-specific control of neural crest stem cell proliferation by the small rho GTPases Cdc42 and Rac1Sebastian Fuchs
Institute of Anatomy, University of Zurich, CH 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Cell Stem Cell 4:236-47. 2009..Thus, our data reveal distinct mechanisms for growth control of NCSCs from different developmental stages...
- Znhit1 causes cell cycle arrest and down-regulates CDK6 expressionZhengmin Yang
Laboratory of Molecular Cell Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 320 Yueyang Road, Shanghai 200031, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 386:146-52. 2009Cyclin-dependent kinase 6 (CDK6) is the key element of the D-type cyclin holoenzymes which has been found to function in the regulation of G1-phase of the cell cycle and is presumed to play important roles in T cell function...
- Distinct subcellular distribution of cyclin dependent kinase 6Dawn M Kohrt
Department of Biology, Connecticut College, New London, CT 06371, USA
Cell Cycle 8:2837-43. 2009..This novel function expands the previously understood function of cdk6 as a regulator of G(1) phase of the cell cycle...
- Indirubin derivatives inhibit malignant lymphoid cell proliferationAmel Chebel
Faculté Lyon Sud, Universite Lyon 1, Oullins, France
Leuk Lymphoma 50:2049-60. 2009..Taken together, these results showed that IO and, moreover, its derivative 6BIO may be potent antiproliferative agents in malignant lymphoid cells...
- PU.1 directly regulates cdk6 gene expression, linking the cell proliferation and differentiation programs in erythroid cellsKevin S Choe
Department of Cell Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Biol Chem 285:3044-52. 2010..We reported previously that the G(1) phase-specific cyclin-dependent kinase 6 (CDK6) also blocks erythroid differentiation. We now report that PU...
- INTEGRATION OF STRESS AND MITOGEN SIGNALINGJonathan Cooper; Fiscal Year: 2001..4) To map the interactions between ERK and Msk using approaches such at the two-hybrid system. 5) To clone Mapkip108 using conventional techniques. ..
- Role of the JIP-1-p190RhoGEF Complex In Neuron FunctionWILLIAM ARTHUR; Fiscal Year: 2004..Furthermore, the importance of the JIP-l-p190RhoGEF association in brain development and neuronal migration will be investigated by disrupting this complex in mutant mice . ..