Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cdk2ap1
Description: CDK2 (cyclin-dependent kinase 2)-associated protein 1
Alias: Apc10, Cdkap1, DORC1, Doc1, ST19, doc-1, p12, cyclin-dependent kinase 2-associated protein 1, CDK2-associated protein 1, deleted in oral cancer 1
- Cdk2ap1 is required for epigenetic silencing of Oct4 during murine embryonic stem cell differentiationAmit M Deshpande
Dental Research Institute, UCLA School of Dentistry, Los Angeles, California 90025, USA
J Biol Chem 284:6043-7. 2009..Here, we show that Cdk2ap1, a negative regulator of Cdk2 function and cell cycle, promotes Oct4 promoter methylation during murine embryonic ..
- Targeted inactivation of p12, CDK2 associating protein 1, leads to early embryonic lethalityYong Kim
Division of Oral Biology and Medicine, Dental Research Institute, School of Dentistry, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e4518. 2009Targeted disruption of murine Cdk2ap1, an inhibitor of CDK2 function and hence G1/S transition, results in the embryonic lethality with a high penetration rate...
- Cyclin-dependent kinase 2-associating protein 1 commits murine embryonic stem cell differentiation through retinoblastoma protein regulationYong Kim
School of Dentistry and Dental Research Institute, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Biol Chem 284:23405-14. 2009..In this paper, we present novel experimental data indicating that Cdk2ap1 (cyclin-dependent kinase 2-associating protein 1), an inhibitor of G(1)/S transition through down-regulation of ..
- Cloning, mapping, expression, function, and mutation analyses of the human ortholog of the hamster putative tumor suppressor gene Doc-1T Tsuji
Laboratory of Molecular Pathology, Division of Oral Pathology, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 273:6704-9. 1998..By polymerase chain reaction and direct sequencing, we examined premalignant oral lesion and oral cancer cell lines and found no intragenic mutations...
- Expression of cell-cycle regulator CDK2-associating protein 1 (p12CDK2AP1) in transgenic mice induces testicular and ovarian atrophy in vivoM L Figueiredo
Laboratory of Head and Neck Cancer Research, School of Dentistry and Dental Research Institute, University of California at Los Angeles, Division of Head and Neck Surgery Otolaryngology, Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, 90095, USA
Mol Reprod Dev 73:987-97. 2006The novel cell-cycle regulator p12(CDK2AP1) (p12) gene encodes a cyclin-dependent kinase 2 (CDK2) partner that participates in cell-cycle regulation, apoptosis, and proliferation...
- p12(CDK2-AP1) mediates DNA damage responses induced by cisplatinYong Kim
School of Dentistry and Dental Research Institute, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Oncogene 24:407-18. 2005We examined the biological role of p12(CDK2-AP1) in cisplatin-mediated responses by using murine ES p12(CDK2-AP1) knockout clones generated by a targeted disruption of murine p12(CDK2-AP1)...
- CDK2AP1/DOC-1 is a bona fide subunit of the Mi-2/NuRD complexCornelia G Spruijt
Department of Physiological Chemistry and Cancer Genomics Centre, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Mol Biosyst 6:1700-6. 2010..complex subunits co-purify with Cyclin Dependent Kinase 2 Associated Protein1 (CDK2AP1), also known as Deleted in Oral Cancer 1 (DOC-1)...
- Tumor necrosis factor induces genes involved in inflammation, cellular and tissue repair, and metabolism in murine fibroblastsH M Gordon
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322
J Immunol 148:4021-7. 1992..Interestingly, not all the mitochondrial transcripts are induced. This may reflect a fine tuning of certain components of mitochondria that may be necessary for survival after TNF treatment...
- Identification of the mouse neuromuscular degeneration gene and mapping of a second site suppressor alleleG A Cox
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609, USA
Neuron 21:1327-37. 1998..The identification of the nmd gene and mapping of a major suppressor provide new opportunities for understanding mechanisms of motor neuron degeneration...
- Disruption of Apc10/Doc1 in three alleles of oligosyndactylismD D Pravtcheva
Department of Human Genetics, New York State Institute for Basic Research in Developmental Disabilities, 1050 Forest Hill Road, Staten Island, New York 10314, USA
Genomics 72:78-87. 2001..One of the transcripts in this region corresponds to the mouse homolog of the anaphase-promoting complex component APC10/DOC1. The disruption of this gene can explain the mitotic arrest phenotype of all three alleles of Os.
- Mutation of Cys105 inhibits dimerization of p12CDK2-AP1 and its growth suppressor effectYong Kim
School of Dentistry and Dental Research Institute, UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Biol Chem 280:23273-9. 2005b>p12(CDK2-AP1) (p12) is a CDK2-associated protein that negatively regulates its kinase activity. Growth arrest of normal diploid cells by contact inhibition resulted in an induction of p27(kip1) and reduction of CDK2 levels...
- A biphasic pattern of gene expression during mouse retina developmentSamuel Shao Min Zhang
Departments of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
BMC Dev Biol 6:48. 2006..We investigated expression patterns of retina transcripts during the major embryonic and postnatal developmental stages to provide a systematic view of normal mouse retina development,..
- Progesterone is primary regulator of Cdk2ap1 gene expression and tissue-specific expression in the uterusY P Cheon
Division of Development and Physiology, School of Biological Sciences and Chemistry, Institute for Basic Sciences, College of Natural Sciences, Sungshin Women s University, Seongbukgu, Seoul, Korea
J Endocrinol Invest 33:650-6. 2010..A tumor suppressor gene, Cyclin-dependent kinase 2-associated protein 1 (Cdk2ap1) mRNA was detected in the pregnant uterus and was suggested to be involved in cell proliferation...