Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cdk2
Description: cyclin-dependent kinase 2
Alias: A630093N05Rik, cyclin-dependent kinase 2, cell division protein kinase 2
Publications134 found, 100 shown here
- Temporal patterns of gene expression of G1-S cyclins and cdks during the first and second mitotic cell cycles in mouse embryosG D Moore
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104 6018, USA
Mol Reprod Dev 45:264-75. 1996..The levels of PCR products for cyclin D2, p27, and two forms of cdk2 were similar in meiotically incompetent and competent oocytes but decreased during oocyte maturation...
- The cyclin-dependent kinase Cdk2 regulates thymocyte apoptosisA Hakem
The Amgen Institute, Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 2C1
J Exp Med 189:957-68. 1999..Here we show that in noncycling developing thymocytes, the cyclin- dependent kinase Cdk2 is activated in response to all specific and nonspecific apoptotic stimuli tested, including peptide-specific ..
- A premature-termination mutation in the Mus musculus cyclin-dependent kinase 3 geneX Ye
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:1682-6. 2001..In contrast, little is known about CDK3, a homolog of CDK2 and cell division cycle kinase 2 (CDC2)...
- Glutamate regulates retinal progenitors cells proliferation during developmentRodrigo A P Martins
Department of Developmental Neurobiology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Eur J Neurosci 24:969-80. 2006..Instead, the activity of the Cdk2 kinase is reduced in the presence of glutamate...
- CDK2 is dispensable for adult hippocampal neurogenesisRenaud Vandenbosch
Center for Cellular and Molecular Neuroscience, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium
Cell Cycle 6:3065-9. 2007..Among cell cycle regulators, cyclin-dependent kinase 2 (Cdk2) is considered as a major regulator of S-phase entry...
- Cyclin-dependent kinase 1 (Cdk1) is essential for cell division and suppression of DNA re-replication but not for liver regenerationM Kasim Diril
Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, Agency for Science, Technology, and Research ASTAR, Republic of Singapore 138673
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:3826-31. 2012..Knockouts of Cdk2, Cdk3, Cdk4, or Cdk6 have resulted in viable mice, but the in vivo functions of Cdk1 have not been fully explored ..
- Insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor and its ligand regulate the reentry of adult ventricular myocytes into the cell cycleK Reiss
Department of Medicine and Division of Cardiology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, New York 10595, USA
Exp Cell Res 235:198-209. 1997..The failure of IGF-1 to enhance cyclin B kinase activity may be responsible for a block in the cell cycle and the inability of myocytes to progress through the M phase and subsequently divide...
- Cyclin A2-CDK2 regulates embryonic gene activation in 1-cell mouse embryosKentaro T Hara
Department of Integrated Biosciences, Graduate School of Frontier Sciences, University of Tokyo, Shinryoiki Seimei Building 302, 5 1 5, Kashiwa no ha, Kashiwa shi, Chiba 277 8562, Japan
Dev Biol 286:102-13. 2005..When CDK2 activity or pronuclear accumulation of cyclin A2 was inhibited with CDK2 inhibitors or by microinjected siRNAs, ..
- Epileptogenesis and reduced inward rectifier potassium current in tuberous sclerosis complex-1-deficient astrocytesLaura A Jansen
Department of Neurology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Epilepsia 46:1871-80. 2005..Here, we investigated the hypothesis that impairment of potassium uptake through astrocyte inward rectifier potassium (Kir) channels may contribute to epileptogenesis in Tsc1(GFAP)CKO mice...
- The differential catalytic activity of alternatively spliced cdk2 alpha and cdk2 beta in the G1/S transition and early S phaseT K Kwon
Laboratory of Immunology, National Institute on Aging, NIH, Baltimore, Maryland 21224 2780, USA
Exp Cell Res 238:128-35. 1998Progression through the G1/S transition of the cell cycle is regulated by cyclin E/cdk2 and cyclin A/cdk2 complexes. We demonstrate that there are two forms of murine cdk2 (cdk2 alpha and beta)...
- Cyclin A1 is required for meiosis in the male mouseD Liu
Integrated Program in Cellular, Molecular and Biophysical Studies, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
Nat Genet 20:377-80. 1998..Cyclin A1 is therefore essential for spermatocyte passage into the first meiotic division in male mice, a function that cannot be complemented by the concurrently expressed B-type cyclins...
- Loss of p27Kip1 function results in increased proliferative capacity of oligodendrocyte progenitors but unaltered timing of differentiationP Casaccia-Bonnefil
Molecular Neurobiology, Skirball Institute for Biomolecular Medicine at NYU Medical Center, New York, NY 10016, USA nyu edu
Development 126:4027-37. 1999....
- Cyclin-dependent kinase 2 is essential for meiosis but not for mitotic cell division in miceSagrario Ortega
Molecular Oncology Program, Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Oncologicas, Melchor Fernandez Almagro 3, Madrid E 28029, Spain
Nat Genet 35:25-31. 2003We targeted the locus encoding the cyclin-dependent kinase 2 (CDK2) by homologous recombination in mouse embryonic stem (ES) cells...
- Multisite phosphorylation by Cdk2 and GSK3 controls cyclin E degradationMarkus Welcker
Divisions of Clinical Research and Human Biology, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Mol Cell 12:381-92. 2003..We show that assembly of cyclin E into cyclin E-Cdk2 complexes is required in vivo for turnover by the Fbw7 pathway; that Cdk2 activity is required for cyclin E ..
- Cdk2 knockout mice are viableCyril Berthet
Regulation of Cell Growth Laboratory, National Cancer Institute, Building 560, 1050 Boyles St, Frederick, MD 21702 1201, USA
Curr Biol 13:1775-85. 2003Cyclin-dependent kinases (Cdks) and their cyclin regulatory subunits control cell growth and division. Cdk2/cyclin E complexes are thought to be required because they phosphorylate the retinoblastoma protein and drive cells through the G1/..
- Mouse development and cell proliferation in the absence of D-cyclinsKatarzyna Kozar
Department of Cancer Biology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell 118:477-91. 2004..of cyclin D1(-/-)D2(-/-)D3(-/-) cells is resistant to the inhibition by p16(INK4a), but it critically depends on CDK2. Lastly, we found that cells lacking D-cyclins display reduced susceptibility to the oncogenic transformation...
- Mammalian cells cycle without the D-type cyclin-dependent kinases Cdk4 and Cdk6Marcos Malumbres
Molecular Oncology Program, Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Oncologicas CNIO, E 28029 Madrid, Spain
Cell 118:493-504. 2004..These results indicate that D-type cyclin-dependent kinases are not essential for cell cycle entry and suggest the existence of alternative mechanisms to initiate cell proliferation upon mitogenic stimulation...
- Combined loss of Cdk2 and Cdk4 results in embryonic lethality and Rb hypophosphorylationCyril Berthet
National Cancer Institute, Mouse Cancer Genetics Program, NCI Frederick, Building 560 22 56, 1050 Boyles Street, Frederick, Maryland 21702, USA
Dev Cell 10:563-73. 2006Mouse knockouts of Cdk2 and Cdk4 have demonstrated that, individually, these genes are not essential for viability. To investigate whether there is functional redundancy, we have generated double knockout (DKO) mice...
- p27kip1 Regulates cdk2 activity in the proliferating zone of the mouse intestinal epithelium: potential role in neoplasiaHelena J M Smartt
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of Bristol, Bristol, United Kingdom
Gastroenterology 133:232-43. 2007..Here, we addressed the role of p27 in untransformed intestinal epithelial cells in vivo and the consequence of its targeted inactivation...
- Cdk1 is sufficient to drive the mammalian cell cycleDavid Santamaria
Molecular Oncology Programme, Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Oncologicas, E 28029 Madrid, Spain
Nature 448:811-5. 2007..cells are thought to require the sequential activation of at least four different cyclin-dependent kinases, Cdk2, Cdk3, Cdk4 and Cdk6, to drive cells through interphase, as well as Cdk1 to proceed through mitosis...
- Mutation in mouse hei10, an e3 ubiquitin ligase, disrupts meiotic crossing overJeremy O Ward
Middlebury College, Middlebury, Vermont, United States of America
PLoS Genet 3:e139. 2007..During late meiotic prophase in mei4 mutant males, absence of cyclin dependent kinase 2 and mismatch repair protein association from chromosome cores is correlated with the premature ..
- Cdk2 is critical for proliferation and self-renewal of neural progenitor cells in the adult subventricular zoneBeata Jablonska
Center for Neuroscience Research, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
J Cell Biol 179:1231-45. 2007We investigated the function of cyclin-dependent kinase 2 (Cdk2) in neural progenitor cells during postnatal development...
- Postnatal Schwann cell proliferation but not myelination is strictly and uniquely dependent on cyclin-dependent kinase 4 (cdk4)Suzana Atanasoski
Institute of Cell Biology, ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Mol Cell Neurosci 37:519-27. 2008..In contrast, ablation of cdk2 and cdk6 had no significant influence on postnatal Schwann cell proliferation...
- Akt-mediated phosphorylation of CDK2 regulates its dual role in cell cycle progression and apoptosisSubbareddy Maddika
Manitoba Institute of Cell Biology, CancerCare Manitoba, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, R3E 0V9, Canada
J Cell Sci 121:979-88. 2008Here, we show that CDK2, an S-phase cyclin-dependent kinase, is a novel target for Akt during cell cycle progression and apoptosis. Akt phosphorylates CDK2 at threonine 39 residue both in vitro and in vivo...
- Cyclin A-CDK activity during G1 phase impairs MCM chromatin loading and inhibits DNA synthesis in mammalian cellsLeroy W Wheeler
Department of Pharmacological Sciences at Saint Louis University, St Louis, Missouri 63104, USA
Cell Cycle 7:2179-88. 2008..Cyclin A-CDK2 and cyclin A-CDK1 phosphorylate nuclear substrates during S and G(2) phases, respectfully...
- CDK2 is required for proper homologous pairing, recombination and sex-body formation during male mouse meiosisAlberto Viera
Unidad de Biologia Celular, Departamento de Biologia, Edificio de Ciencias Biológicas, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Calle Darwin 2, 28049 Madrid, Spain
J Cell Sci 122:2149-59. 2009Cyclin-dependent kinase 2 (CDK2) was assumed to be essential in the mammalian cell cycle both at the G1-S transition and throughout the S phase...
- Cdk2 loss accelerates precursor differentiation and remyelination in the adult central nervous systemCéline Caillava
UMR S975, Centre de Recherche de l Institut du Cerveau et de la Moelle Epiniere, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Paris 75013, France
J Cell Biol 193:397-407. 2011..Type 2 cyclin-dependent kinase (Cdk2) controls cell cycle progression of OPCs, but whether it acts during myelination and repair of demyelinating ..
- Cyclin E constrains Cdk5 activity to regulate synaptic plasticity and memory formationJunko Odajima
Department of Cancer Biology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Dev Cell 21:655-68. 2011..These results reveal a cell cycle-independent role for a core cell cycle protein, cyclin E, in synapse function and memory...
- Loss of Cdk2 and Cdk4 induces a switch from proliferation to differentiation in neural stem cellsShuhui Lim
Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology IMCB, A STAR Agency for Science, Technology and Research, Singapore, Singapore
Stem Cells 30:1509-20. 2012..We generated Cdk2 and Cdk4 double knockout (DKO) mice and found a striking ablation of the intermediate zone and cortical plate in ..
- RNF212 is a dosage-sensitive regulator of crossing-over during mammalian meiosisApril Reynolds
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, Davis, Davis, California, USA
Nat Genet 45:269-78. 2013..Haploinsufficiency indicates that RNF212 is a limiting factor for crossover control and raises the possibility that human alleles may alter the amount or stability of RNF212 and be risk factors for aneuploid conditions...
- The proliferation-quiescence decision is controlled by a bifurcation in CDK2 activity at mitotic exitSabrina L Spencer
Department of Chemical and Systems Biology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA Electronic address
Cell 155:369-83. 2013..Here, we introduce a live-cell sensor for CDK2 activity and unexpectedly found that proliferating cells bifurcate into two populations as they exit mitosis...
- Expression of INK4 inhibitors of cyclin D-dependent kinases during mouse brain developmentF Zindy
Department of Tumor Cell Biology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Cell Growth Differ 8:1139-50. 1997..Therefore, p19INK4d may contribute to maintaining the quiescent state, acting as a buffer to prevent reactivation of cyclin D-dependent kinases in terminally differentiated cells...
- Prolonged activation of the mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway promotes DNA synthesis in primary hepatocytes from p21Cip-1/WAF1-null mice, but not in hepatocytes from p16INK4a-null miceK L Auer
Department of Radiation Oncology, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Biochem J 336:551-60. 1998..DeltaRaf:ER), the expression of p21Cip-1/WAF1 and p16INK4a CKI proteins increased, cyclin-dependent kinase 2 (cdk2) and cdk4 activities decreased, and DNA synthesis decreased...
- Regulation of the retinoblastoma protein-related p107 by G1 cyclin complexesR L Beijersbergen
Division of Molecular Carcinogenesis, Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam
Genes Dev 9:1340-53. 1995..Consistent with this, we show that a cyclin D1/cdk4 complex, but not a cyclin E/cdk2 complex, can phosphorylate p107 in vivo...
- A kinase associated with chromatin that can be activated by ligand-p185c-Neu or epidermal growth factor-receptor interactionsA Samanta
Center for Receptor Biology, University of Pennsylvania, School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104 6082, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92:6582-6. 1995..to be a kinase, or tightly associated with a kinase, and shares antigenicity with the cell division cycle-dependent Cdk2 kinase as determined by antibody-dependent analysis...
- C/EBPalpha regulates formation of S-phase-specific E2F-p107 complexes in livers of newborn miceN A Timchenko
Department of Pathology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Mol Cell Biol 19:2936-45. 1999..S-phase-specific E2F complexes containing E2F, DP, cdk2, cyclin A, and p107 are observed in the developing liver...
- MAD1 and p27(KIP1) cooperate to promote terminal differentiation of granulocytes and to inhibit Myc expression and cyclin E-CDK2 activityGrant A McArthur
Division of Basic Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109 1024, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:3014-23. 2002..cell lines derived from the Mad1/p27(KIP1) double-null mice, we observed constitutive Myc expression and cyclin E-CDK2 kinase activity as well as impaired differentiation following treatment with an inducer of differentiation...
- cAMP-dependent reorganization of the Cajal bodies and splicing machinery in cultured Schwann cellsRosario Fernandez
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Cantabria, Santander, Spain
Glia 40:378-88. 2002..This promitotic response is partially mediated by the Cdk2, which is required for the transition from the G1 to the S phase of the cell cycle...
- Mouse Fbw7/Sel-10/Cdc4 is required for notch degradation during vascular developmentRyosuke Tsunematsu
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:9417-23. 2004..Expression of Notch1, -2, or -3 or of cyclin E was unaffected in Fbw7(-/-) embryos. Mammalian Fbw7 thus appears to play an indispensable role in negative regulation of the Notch4-Hey1 pathway and is required for vascular development...
- The mouse Forkhead Box m1 transcription factor is essential for hepatoblast mitosis and development of intrahepatic bile ducts and vessels during liver morphogenesisKatherine Krupczak-Hollis
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, College of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60607 7170, USA
Dev Biol 276:74-88. 2004....
- A role for PML3 in centrosome duplication and genome stabilityZhi Xiang Xu
Department of Molecular Pathology, Division of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Mol Cell 17:721-32. 2005..Specific knockdown of PML3 activates Cdk2/cyclin kinase activity...
- Cdk2 is dispensable for cell cycle inhibition and tumor suppression mediated by p27(Kip1) and p21(Cip1)Alberto Martin
Molecular Oncology Program, Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Oncologicas CNIO, 28029 Madrid, Spain
Cancer Cell 7:591-8. 2005p27(Kip1) and p21(Cip1) are thought to suppress tumor growth and prevent cell cycle progression by inhibiting Cdk2-cyclin E/A kinases...
- CDK2 activation in mouse epidermis induces keratinocyte proliferation but does not affect skin tumor developmentEverardo Macias
Department of Molecular Biomedical Sciences, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27606, USA
Am J Pathol 173:526-35. 2008It has been widely assumed that elevated CDK2 kinase activity plays a contributory role in tumorigenesis...
- Differentiation of trophoblast stem cells into giant cells is triggered by p57/Kip2 inhibition of CDK1 activityZakir Ullah
National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Genes Dev 22:3024-36. 2008..Furthermore, Cdk2(-/-) TS cells revealed that CDK2 is required for endoreduplication when CDK1 is inhibited...
- Phosphorylation by cyclin C/cyclin-dependent kinase 2 following mitogenic stimulation of murine fibroblasts inhibits transcriptional activity of LSF during G1 progressionUtsav H Saxena
Department of Biology, Boston University, 5 Cummington Street, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:2335-45. 2009..In vitro, LSF is phosphorylated by cyclin E/cyclin-dependent kinase 2 (CDK2), cyclin C/CDK2, and cyclin C/CDK3, predominantly on S309...
- Cdk2 is required for breast cancer mediated by the low-molecular-weight isoform of cyclin ESaid Akli
Department of Experimental Radiation Oncology, University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center, TX, USA
Cancer Res 71:3377-86. 2011Cyclin E activates Cdk2, controls centrosome duplication, and regulates histone gene transcription...
- Gap 1 phase length and mouse embryonic stem cell self-renewalVictor C Li
Department of Systems Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:12550-5. 2012..The resistance of murine ESCs to differentiation induced by lengthening G1 and/or the cell cycle could allow for separate control of these events and provide new opportunities for investigation and application...
- Superoxide dismutase induces G1-phase cell cycle arrest by down-regulated expression of Cdk-2 and cyclin-E in murine sarcoma S180 tumor cellsDongyue Liu
Tianjin University of Science and Technology, Key Laboratory of Food Nutrition and Safety, Ministry of Education, Institute of Food Engineering and Biotechnology, Tianjin, China
Cell Biochem Funct 31:352-9. 2013..Together, our data confirmed that SOD could notably inhibit proliferation of S180 tumor cell and induce cell cycle arrest at G1-phase by down-regulating expressions of cyclin-E and Cdk-2...
- Cerebellar cortical lamination and foliation require cyclin A2José Javier Otero
The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Department of Pathology, Division of Neuropathology, 4169 Graves Hall, 333 W 10th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA University of California, San Francisco Department of Pathology, Division of Neuropathology, USA Electronic address
Dev Biol 385:328-39. 2014..Although cyclin E1 has been reported to compensate for cyclin A2 function in fibroblasts and is upregulated in cyclin A2 null cerebella, cyclin E1 expression was unable to compensate for loss-of cyclin A2 function. ..
- Phosphorylation of CDK2 at threonine 160 regulates meiotic pachytene and diplotene progression in miceWenJing Liu
Hefei National Laboratory for Physical Sciences at Microscale and School of Life Sciences, University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, Anhui 230026, China College of Life Science and Technology, Southwest University of Science and Technology, Mianyang, Sichuan 621000, China
Dev Biol 392:108-16. 2014..Here, we show that CDK2, especially p39(cdk2), as a potential meiosis-specific connector interaction with SUN1 mediates formation of ..
- Coordinated control of senescence by lncRNA and a novel T-box3 co-repressor complexPavan Kumar P
Weis Center for Research, Geisinger Clinic, Danville, United States
elife 3:. 2014..Our elucidation of CAPERα and UCA1 functions in vivo provides new insights into senescence induction, and the oncogenic and developmental properties of TBX3. ..
- Foxo3 circular RNA retards cell cycle progression via forming ternary complexes with p21 and CDK2William W Du
Sunnybrook Research Institute, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, M4N 3M5, Canada Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, M5S 1A1, Canada
Nucleic Acids Res 44:2846-58. 2016..cell cycle progression by binding to the cell cycle proteins cyclin-dependent kinase 2 (also known as cell division protein kinase 2 or CDK2) and cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 1 (or p21), resulting in the formation of a ternary ..
- Overexpression of PRAS40(T246A) in the Proliferative Compartment Suppresses mTORC1 Signaling, Keratinocyte Migration, and Skin Tumor DevelopmentOkkyung Rho
Division of Pharmacology and Toxicology, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas, USA
J Invest Dermatol 136:2070-9. 2016..Collectively, the current data using this unique mouse model provide further evidence that mTORC1 signaling in keratinocytes regulates key events in keratinocyte function and epithelial cancer development. ..
- Rapamycin inhibition of interleukin-2-dependent p33cdk2 and p34cdc2 kinase activation in T lymphocytesW G Morice
Department of Immunology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905
J Biol Chem 268:22737-45. 1993..The inhibitory effects of RAP on the activation of cyclin E- and cyclin A-associated cyclin-dependent kinases suggest that one or both events participate in the regulation of T cell entry into S-phase...
- Formation of p27-CDK complexes during the human mitotic cell cycleT J Soos
Program in Molecular Biology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Research Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Cell Growth Differ 7:135-46. 1996..p27 associates with and inhibits cyclin/cycin-dependent kinase (CDK) holoenzymes containing either CDK4, CDK6, or CDK2. Although many different types of proliferating cells contain p27 protein, neither the interactions of p27 with ..
- Regulation of meiosis during mammalian spermatogenesis: the A-type cyclins and their associated cyclin-dependent kinases are differentially expressed in the germ-cell lineageS E Ravnik
Department of Cell Biology and Biochemistry, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, Texas, 79430, USA
Dev Biol 207:408-18. 1999..of the cyclin A1 and cyclin A2 proteins, as well as their candidate cyclin-dependent kinase partners, Cdk1 and Cdk2, in the spermatogenic lineage...
- Histone H1(S)-3 phosphorylation in Ha-ras oncogene-transformed mouse fibroblastsDeborah N Chadee
Manitoba Institute of Cell Biology, 675 McDermot Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3E 0V9 Canada
Oncogene 21:8397-403. 2002..of phosphorylated H1(S)-3 in the oncogene Ha-ras-transformed mouse fibroblasts was a consequence of an elevated Cdk2 activity rather than the reduced activity of a H1 phosphatase, which our studies suggest is PP1...
- Key role for cyclin-dependent kinases in the first and second meiotic divisions of rat spermatocytesMurielle Godet
INSERM U418 INRA UMR 1245, Hopital Debrousse, 69322 Lyon 05, France
Biol Reprod 70:1147-52. 2004..When roscovitine, a potent inhibitor of CDK1, CDK2, and CDK5 activities, was added to cocultures of PS with Sertoli cells, the number of both secondary spermatocytes ..
- Characterization of murine gammaherpesvirus 68 v-cyclin interactions with cellular cdksJason W Upton
Center for Emerging Infectious Diseases, Yerkes National Primate Research Center, Emory University School of Medicine, NE Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
Virology 341:271-83. 2005..the Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus (KSHV) v-cyclin, the gammaHV68 v-cyclin preferentially interacts with cdk2 and cdc2 but does not interact with either cdk4 or cdk6...
- Loss of cyclin-dependent kinase 2 (CDK2) inhibitory phosphorylation in a CDK2AF knock-in mouse causes misregulation of DNA replication and centrosome duplicationHui Zhao
Division of Basic Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington, USA
Mol Cell Biol 32:1421-32. 2012..To address whether CDK2 inhibitory phosphorylation plays a similar role in cell cycle regulation and checkpoint responses at the start of ..
- Genetic inactivation of Cdk7 leads to cell cycle arrest and induces premature aging due to adult stem cell exhaustionMiguel Ganuza
Experimental Oncology, Molecular Oncology Programme, Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Oncologicas CNIO, Madrid, Spain
EMBO J 31:2498-510. 2012..is completely dispensable for global transcription, is essential for the cell cycle via phosphorylation of Cdk1 and Cdk2. In vivo, Cdk7 is also indispensable for cell proliferation except during the initial stages of embryonic ..
- Cell cycle regulation in mouse heart during embryonic and postnatal stagesAiko Ikenishi
School of Life Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, Yonago, 683 8503, Japan
Dev Growth Differ 54:731-8. 2012..The data obtained should provide a basis for the analysis of cell cycle regulation in cardiomyocytes during embryonic and postnatal stages...
- CSN5 specifically interacts with CDK2 and controls senescence in a cytoplasmic cyclin E-mediated mannerAkihiro Yoshida
Graduate School of Biological Sciences, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Nara 630 0101, Japan
Sci Rep 3:1054. 2013..for interactors among various cell cycle regulators, and found that CSN5, but not the CSN holo-complex, bound to CDK2 in vivo and in vitro...
- Mitoinhibitory effects of the tumor promoter 2-acetylaminofluorene in rat liver: loss of E2F-1 and E2F-3 expression and cdk 2 kinase activity in late G1Lena C E Ohlson
Natural Science Section, Södertörns högskola University College, P O Box 4101, 141 89 Huddinge, Sweden
J Hepatol 40:957-62. 2004..Examine the mitoinhibitory effect of the liver tumor promoter 2-acetylaminofluorene (2-AAF) in vivo, with focus on the proteins regulating G1- and S progression...
- A calmodulin-binding site on cyclin E mediates Ca2+-sensitive G1/s transitions in vascular smooth muscle cellsJaehyun Choi
Heart and Stroke Richard Lewar Centre of Excellence in Cardiovascular Research, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Circ Res 98:1273-81. 2006..Using buffers with differing [Ca2+], we found that the kinase activity of mouse and human cyclin E/CDK2, but not other G1/S-associated cell cycle complexes, was responsive to physiological changes in [Ca2+]...
- Inhibition of myogenesis by multiple cyclin-Cdk complexes. Coordinate regulation of myogenesis and cell cycle activity at the level of E2FK Guo
Division of Cardiovascular Research, St Elizabeth s Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02135, USA
J Biol Chem 272:791-7. 1997..E inhibits MCK expression only when they are co-expressed with their catalytic partner cyclin-dependent kinase 2 (Cdk2)...
- A mutant E2F-1 transcription factor that affects the phenotype of NIH3T3 fibroblasts inefficiency associates with cyclin A-cdk2K L Jordan-Sciutto
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Biochem Cell Biol 76:37-44. 1998The amino-terminal domain of the E2F1 transcription factor is the site of association with cyclin A-cdk2, mapping to residues 87-94...
- Growth arrest failure, G1 restriction point override, and S phase death of sensory precursor cells in the absence of neurotrophin-3W M ElShamy
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Neuron 21:1003-15. 1998..Our results provide evidence for novel activity of neurotrophins in cell cycle control and point toward an N-myc sensitization to cell death in the nervous system that is under the control of NT-3...
- p21(CIP1) and p57(KIP2) control muscle differentiation at the myogenin stepP Zhang
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030 USA
Genes Dev 13:213-24. 1999....
- Deletion of the p27Kip1 gene restores normal development in cyclin D1-deficient miceY Geng
Department of Cancer Biology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:194-9. 2001..Here we report that ablation of p27(Kip1) restores essentially normal development in cyclin D1-deficient mice. Our results provide genetic evidence that p27(Kip1) functions downstream of cyclin D1...
- The long form of CDK2 arises via alternative splicing and forms an active protein kinase with cyclins A and EC Ellenrieder
Paul Scherrer Institute, Institute for Medical Radiobiology, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland
DNA Cell Biol 20:413-23. 2001..The complex of CDK2L with cyclin A has about half the specific activity of the equivalent CDK2-cyclin A complex...
- Cables enhances cdk2 tyrosine 15 phosphorylation by Wee1, inhibits cell growth, and is lost in many human colon and squamous cancersC L Wu
Department of Pathology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston 02114, USA
Cancer Res 61:7325-32. 2001Cyclin-dependent kinase 2 (cdk2) is a small serine/threonine kinase that regulates cell cycle progression. Cdk2 activity is tightly controlled by several mechanisms, including phosphorylation and dephosphorylation events...
- Explant-induced reactivation of herpes simplex virus occurs in neurons expressing nuclear cdk2 and cdk4Luis M Schang
Department of Microbiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Virol 76:7724-35. 2002..Herein, we determined that neuronal expression of nuclear cdk2, cdk4, and cyclins E and D2 (which activate cdks 2 and 4, respectively) was induced following explant cultivation, ..
- GADD45b and GADD45g are cdc2/cyclinB1 kinase inhibitors with a role in S and G2/M cell cycle checkpoints induced by genotoxic stressMariappan Vairapandi
Fels Institute for Cancer Research and Molecular Biology, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19140, USA
J Cell Physiol 192:327-38. 2002....
- The oncogenic activity of cyclin E is not confined to Cdk2 activation alone but relies on several other, distinct functions of the proteinChristoph Geisen
Institut für Zellbiologie Tumorforschung, IFZ, Universitatsklinikum Essen, Virchowstrasse 173, D 45122 Essen, Germany
J Biol Chem 277:39909-18. 2002..Here we show that cyclin E mutants defective to form an active kinase complex with Cdk2 are unable to drive cells from G(1) into S phase but can still malignantly transform rat embryo fibroblasts in ..
- A mammalian in vitro centriole duplication system: evidence for involvement of CDK2/cyclin E and nucleophosmin/B23 in centrosome duplicationPheruza Tarapore
Department of Cell Biology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, P O Box 670521, Ohio 45267 0521, USA
Cell Cycle 1:75-81. 2002..show that the ability of G1/S extracts to induce centriole duplication in vitro depends on the presence of active CDK2/cyclin E...
- PKCeta associates with cyclin E/Cdk2 complex in serum-starved MCF-7 and NIH-3T3 cellsMarat Shtutman
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Faculty of Health Sciences and the Cancer Research Center, Ben Gurion University, Beer Sheva 84105, Israel
Exp Cell Res 286:22-9. 2003..Here we report that PKCeta associates with the cyclin E/Cdk2 complex...
- Early growth response gene 3 regulates thymocyte proliferation during the transition from CD4-CD8- to CD4+CD8+Hongkang Xi
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, 1639 Pierce Drive, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Immunol 172:964-71. 2004..The results show that Egr3 is an important regulator of proliferation in response to pre-TCR signals, and that it also may regulate some specific aspects of differentiation...
- Cyclin A2 mediates cardiomyocyte mitosis in the postmitotic myocardiumHina W Chaudhry
Department of Medicine, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Biol Chem 279:35858-66. 2004..These results reveal a previously unrecognized critical role for cyclin A2 in mediating cardiomyocyte mitosis, a role that may significantly impact upon clinical treatment of damaged myocardium...
- Patterns of expression of cyclins A, B1, D, E and cdk 2 in preimplantation mouse embryosRonald R Waclaw
Department of Biology, Ball State University, Muncie, Indiana, USA
Zygote 12:19-30. 2004..Cdk 2 was present at consistent levels during G1 and S phases of all three cell cycles declining slightly in G2...
- Phosphorylation of Sp1 by cyclin-dependent kinase 2 modulates the role of Sp1 in CTP:phosphocholine cytidylyltransferase alpha regulation during the S phase of the cell cycleClaudia Banchio
Department of Biochemistry, Canadian Institutes of Health Research Group in Molecular and Cell Biology of Lipids, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2S2, Canada
J Biol Chem 279:40220-6. 2004..M., and Vance, D. E. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 32457-32464). We now demonstrate that cyclin-dependent kinase 2 (CDK2) phosphorylation of Sp1 activates CTalpha transcription during S phase...
- Construction of a cyclin D1-Cdk2 fusion protein to model the biological functions of cyclin D1-Cdk2 complexesAnna Chytil
Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
J Biol Chem 279:47688-98. 2004..Cyclin D1-Cdk2 complexes were previously observed in human breast cancer cell lines, but their role in cell cycle regulation and ..
- Expression of cell cycle-related proteins in developing and adult mouse hippocampusStefanie Schmetsdorf
Department of Neuroanatomy, Paul Flechsig Institute for Brain Research, University of Leipzig, Jahnallee 59, 04109 Leipzig, Germany
Int J Dev Neurosci 23:101-12. 2005..Thus, they may have supplementary functions in differentiated neurons that might be associated with neuronal plasticity...
- Cdc2-cyclin E complexes regulate the G1/S phase transitionEiman Aleem
Mouse Cancer Genetics Program, National Cancer Institute, NCI Frederick, Bldg 560 22 56, 1050 Boyles Street, Frederick, MD 21702 1201, USA
Nat Cell Biol 7:831-6. 2005..b>Cdk2 is the main target of p27 (refs 2, 3) and therefore we hypothesized that loss of Cdk2 activity should modify the ..
- Differential regulation of CDP/Cux p110 by cyclin A/Cdk2 and cyclin A/Cdk1Marianne Santaguida
Molecular Oncology Group, McGill University Health Center, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3A 1A1, Canada
J Biol Chem 280:32712-21. 2005Previous experiments with peptide fusion proteins suggested that cyclin A/Cdk1 and Cdk2 might exhibit similar yet distinct phosphorylation specificities. Using a physiological substrate, CDP/Cux, our study confirms this notion...
- Compensation by tumor suppressor genes during retinal development in mice and humansStacy L Donovan
Department of Developmental Neurobiology, St, Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
BMC Biol 4:14. 2006..In this manuscript, we explore the different roles of the Rb family in human and mouse retinal development in order to better understand the species-specific difference in retinoblastoma susceptibility...
- CDK2 is required by MYC to induce apoptosisDebabrita Deb-Basu
Division of Oncology, Department of Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305 5151, USA
Cell Cycle 5:1342-7. 2006..We have found that cyclin-dependent kinase 2 (CDK2) is required by MYC to induce apoptosis...
- Maid (GCIP) is involved in cell cycle control of hepatocytesEva Sonnenberg-Riethmacher
ZMNH Centre for Molecular Neurobiology University of Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
Hepatology 45:404-11. 2007..Lack of Maid expression after PH was associated with a delay in G1/S-phase progression as evidenced by delayed cyclinA expression and DNA replication in Maid-deficient mice. However, at later time points liver mass was restored normally...
- Role of cdk2 in the sequential phosphorylation/activation of C/EBPbeta during adipocyte differentiationXi Li
Department of Biological Chemistry, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 725 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:11597-602. 2007..We show here that cdk2/cyclinA, whose expression is activated at the onset of S phase, functions in this capacity...
- p21 Inhibits Cdk1 in the absence of Cdk2 to maintain the G1/S phase DNA damage checkpointAnde Satyanarayana
Mouse Cancer Genetics Program, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute Frederick, Frederick, MD 21702 1201, USA
Mol Biol Cell 19:65-77. 2008Cdk1 was proposed to compensate for the loss of Cdk2. Here we present evidence that this is possible due to premature translocation of Cdk1 from the cytoplasm to the nucleus in the absence of Cdk2...
- Cdk2 deficiency decreases ras/CDK4-dependent malignant progression, but not myc-induced tumorigenesisEverardo Macias
Center for Comparative Medicine and Translational Research, Department of Molecular Biomedical Sciences, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina 27606, USA
Cancer Res 67:9713-20. 2007..showed that keratinocyte proliferation is mediated by CDK4 sequestration of p27Kip1 and p21Cip1, and activation of CDK2. Here, we studied the role of CDK2 in epithelial tumorigenesis...
- TGF-beta receptor II in epithelia versus mesenchyme plays distinct roles in the developing lungH Chen
Developmental Biology Program, Dept of Surgery, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, 4650 Sunset Blvd, MS 35, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Eur Respir J 32:285-95. 2008....
- Brain area-specific effect of TGF-beta signaling on Wnt-dependent neural stem cell expansionSven Falk
Institute of Cell Biology, ETH Honggerberg, CH 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Cell Stem Cell 2:472-83. 2008..Thus, TGF-beta signaling controls the size of a specific brain area, the dorsal midbrain, by antagonizing canonical Wnt signaling and negatively regulating self-renewal of neuroepithelial stem cells...
- Helenalin-mediated post-transcriptional regulation of p21(Cip1) inhibits 3T3-L1 preadipocyte proliferationKarishma M Fernandes
Department of Nutrition, The University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Greensboro, North Carolina 27402, USA
J Cell Biochem 105:913-21. 2008..Finally, helenalin increased protein-protein interactions between p21 and cyclin-dependent kinase 2 (Cdk2) which may account in part for the anti-proliferative effect in 3T3-L1 preadipocytes.
- Identification and functional analysis of a novel cyclin e/cdk2 substrate ankrd17Min Deng
Department of Pathogenic Microbiology and Immunology, Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100101, China
J Biol Chem 284:7875-88. 2009Cyclin E/Cdk2 is a key regulator in G(1)-S transition. We have identified a novel cyclin E/Cdk2 substrate called Ankrd17 (ankyrin repeat protein 17) using the TAP tag purification technique...
- Differential phosphorylation patterns between the Cyclin-A2/CDK2 complex and their monomersJuan Casado-Vela
Protein Technology Unit, Biotechnology Programme, Spanish National Cancer Centre, Madrid, Spain
Protein Expr Purif 66:15-21. 2009The Cyclin-A2/CDK2 is a protein heterodimer with kinase activity that plays a key role in centrosome duplication and meiotic cell division...
- Prediction of paclitaxel sensitivity by CDK1 and CDK2 activity in human breast cancer cellsSatoshi Nakayama
Central Research Laboratories, Sysmex Corporation, 4 4 4, Takatsukadai, Nishi ku, Kobe, Japan
Breast Cancer Res 11:R12. 2009..We hypothesized that cyclin-dependent kinase (CDK) 1 activity and CDK2 activity in cancer cells, which reflect the activation state of the spindle assembly checkpoint and the growth ..
- Cdk2 and Cdk4 activities are dispensable for tumorigenesis caused by the loss of p53V C Padmakumar
Mouse Cancer Genetics Program, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute Frederick, Bldg 560 22 56, 1050 Boyles Street, Frederick, Maryland 21702 1201, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:2582-93. 2009..In order to determine the role of proteins involved in G(1) control in tumorigenesis, we focused on Cdk2 and Cdk4, two cyclin-dependent kinases that in association with cyclin E and cyclin D promote the G(1)/S phase ..
- Cdk2 plays a critical role in hepatocyte cell cycle progression and survival in the setting of cyclin D1 expression in vivoEric A Hanse
Division of Gastroenterology, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN 55415, USA
Cell Cycle 8:2802-9. 2009b>Cdk2 was once believed to play an essential role in cell cycle progression, but cdk2(-/-) mice have minimal phenotypic abnormalities...
- Cdk2 inhibition prolongs G1 phase progression in mouse embryonic stem cellsZuzana Koledova
Department of Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Palacky University, Olomouc, Czech Republic
Stem Cells Dev 19:181-94. 2010..Previous reports suggested that the rapid G1 phase progression of ESCs might be underpinned by high and precocious Cdk2 activity and that Cdk2 activity might be crucial for both cell-cycle regulation and cell-fate decisions in human ..
- Protection of cisplatin cytotoxicity by an inactive cyclin-dependent kinaseRawad Hodeify
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 299:F112-20. 2010Cisplatin cytotoxicity is dependent on cyclin-dependent kinase 2 (Cdk2) activity in vivo and in vitro. A Cdk2 mutant (Cdk2-F80G) was designed in which the ATP-binding pocket was altered...
- Transcriptional regulation of apoptosisJAMES MANFREDI; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- FUNCTION OF A DUAL SPECIFICITY TRANSCRIPTION FACTORPeter Hurlin; Fiscal Year: 2003..Finally, gene targeting in the mouse will be used to study the biological activities of Mga and the individual roles of its bHLHZip domain and T-domain. ..
- The Role of Cyclin A in Cardiac DevelopmentHINA CHAUDHRY; Fiscal Year: 2006..aim seeks to characterize molecular events that occur downstream of cyclin A binding to its kinase partners, cdk2 and cdc2...
- The identification and characterization of the mammalian mutation mei4Jeremy Ward; Fiscal Year: 2006..The characterization of mei4 will not only contribute to our understanding of the basic molecular biology of meiosis but also increase our knowledge of important human health issues. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Myc Antagonism and Tumor Suppression by MntPeter Hurlin; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Genomic instability induced by the HPV-16 E7 oncoproteinStefan Duensing; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- C/EBP alpha in Aging LiverNikolai Timchenko; Fiscal Year: 2009..Based on data obtained in this project, we are planning to start developing a strategy to correct liver proliferation in elderly. ..