Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cdk1
Description: cyclin-dependent kinase 1
Alias: Cdc2, Cdc2a, p34
Publications116 found, 100 shown here
- Cyclin-dependent kinase 1 (CDK1)-mediated phosphorylation of enhancer of zeste 2 (Ezh2) regulates its stabilitySusan C Wu
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Biol Chem 286:28511-9. 2011..Here, we demonstrate that Ezh2 can be regulated by the cyclin-dependent kinase, CDK1, which phosphorylates Ezh2 at threonines 345 and 487...
- TLS-ERG leukemia fusion protein deregulates cyclin-dependent kinase 1 and blocks terminal differentiation of myeloid progenitor cellsJing Pan
Departments of Orthopedics and Medicine Hematology, University of Washington, 1660 South Columbian Way, GMR 151, Seattle, WA 98108
Mol Cancer Res 6:862-72. 2008..We found that the level of cyclin-dependent kinase 1 (Cdk1) protein was significantly decreased in controls but unchanged in TLS-ERG-expressing cells after granulocyte colony-..
- Cdk2 knockout mice are viableCyril Berthet
Regulation of Cell Growth Laboratory, National Cancer Institute, Building 560, 1050 Boyles St, Frederick, MD 21702 1201, USA
Curr Biol 13:1775-85. 2003..In addition, Cdk2 associates with cyclin A, which itself is essential for cell proliferation during early embryonic development...
- Mouse development and cell proliferation in the absence of D-cyclinsKatarzyna Kozar
Department of Cancer Biology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell 118:477-91. 2004..Lastly, we found that cells lacking D-cyclins display reduced susceptibility to the oncogenic transformation. Our results reveal the presence of alternative mechanisms that allow cell cycle progression in a cyclin D-independent fashion...
- Mammalian Emi2 mediates cytostatic arrest and transduces the signal for meiotic exit via Cdc20Shisako Shoji
Laboratory of Mammalian Molecular Embryology, RIKEN Center for Developmental Biology, Chuo Ku, Kobe, Japan
EMBO J 25:834-45. 2006Fertilizable mammalian oocytes are arrested at the second meiotic metaphase (mII) by the cyclinB-Cdc2 heterodimer, maturation promoting factor (MPF)...
- Combined loss of Cdk2 and Cdk4 results in embryonic lethality and Rb hypophosphorylationCyril Berthet
National Cancer Institute, Mouse Cancer Genetics Program, NCI Frederick, Building 560 22 56, 1050 Boyles Street, Frederick, Maryland 21702, USA
Dev Cell 10:563-73. 2006..a gradual decrease of Retinoblastoma protein (Rb) phosphorylation and reduced expression of E2F-target genes, like Cdc2 and cyclin A2, during embryogenesis and in embryonic fibroblasts (MEFs)...
- Necdin downregulates CDC2 expression to attenuate neuronal apoptosisMitsumasa Kurita
Laboratory of Regulation of Neuronal Development, Institute for Protein Research, Osaka University, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Neurosci 26:12003-13. 2006..activates many proapoptotic genes including the cyclin-dependent protein kinase cell division cycle 2 (Cdc2)...
- Cdk1 is sufficient to drive the mammalian cell cycleDavid Santamaria
Molecular Oncology Programme, Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Oncologicas, E 28029 Madrid, Spain
Nature 448:811-5. 2007Unicellular organisms such as yeasts require a single cyclin-dependent kinase, Cdk1, to drive cell division...
- p21 Inhibits Cdk1 in the absence of Cdk2 to maintain the G1/S phase DNA damage checkpointAnde Satyanarayana
Mouse Cancer Genetics Program, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute Frederick, Frederick, MD 21702 1201, USA
Mol Biol Cell 19:65-77. 2008b>Cdk1 was proposed to compensate for the loss of Cdk2. Here we present evidence that this is possible due to premature translocation of Cdk1 from the cytoplasm to the nucleus in the absence of Cdk2...
- Differentiation of trophoblast stem cells into giant cells is triggered by p57/Kip2 inhibition of CDK1 activityZakir Ullah
National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Genes Dev 22:3024-36. 2008..Here we show that RO3306 inhibition of cyclin-dependent protein kinase 1 (CDK1), the enzyme required to enter mitosis, induced differentiation of TS cells into TG cells...
- Cyclin A is redundant in fibroblasts but essential in hematopoietic and embryonic stem cellsIlona Kalaszczynska
Department of Cancer Biology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell 138:352-65. 2009..Expression of cyclin A is particularly high in these compartments, which might render stem cells dependent on cyclin A, whereas in fibroblasts cyclins A and E play redundant roles in cell proliferation...
- Cyclin-dependent kinase 1 (Cdk1) is essential for cell division and suppression of DNA re-replication but not for liver regenerationM Kasim Diril
Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, Agency for Science, Technology, and Research ASTAR, Republic of Singapore 138673
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:3826-31. 2012Cyclin-dependent kinase 1 (Cdk1) is an archetypical kinase and a central regulator that drives cells through G2 phase and mitosis...
- Timing of anaphase-promoting complex activation in mouse oocytes is predicted by microtubule-kinetochore attachment but not by bivalent alignment or tensionSimon I R Lane
School of Biomedical Sciences and Pharmacy, University of Newcastle, Callaghan, NSW 2308, Australia
Development 139:1947-55. 2012..The time from when the APC/C became active until anaphase onset was affected by the rate of loss of CDK1 activity, rather than by these non-aligned bivalents, which occasionally persisted until anaphase, resulting in ..
- Increased CDK1 activity determines the timing of kinetochore-microtubule attachments in meiosis IOlga Davydenko
Department of Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104
J Cell Biol 202:221-9. 2013..Here we show that during meiosis I, attachments are regulated by CDK1 activity, which gradually increases through prometaphase and metaphase I...
- Dual-mode regulation of the APC/C by CDK1 and MAPK controls meiosis I progression and fidelityIbtissem Nabti
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, England, UK
J Cell Biol 204:891-900. 2014Female meiosis is driven by the activities of two major kinases, cyclin-dependent kinase 1 (Cdk1) and mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK)...
- Fine genetic map of mouse chromosome 10 around the polycystic kidney disease gene, jcpk, and ankyrin 3E C Bryda
Laboratory of Developmental Genetics, Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health, Albany 12208, USA
Genomics 35:425-30. 1996..2 cM distal to D10Mit115 and 0.8 cM proximal to D10Mit173. In addition, five genes, Cdc2a, Col6a1, Col6a2, Bcr, and Ank3 were mapped in both this jcpk intercross and a (BALB/c x CAST/Ei)F1 x BALB/c ..
- Cell cycle promoting activity of JunB through cyclin A activationSven Andrecht
Division for Signal Transduction and Growth Control, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Biol Chem 277:35961-8. 2002..This delay in G(2)/M-transition is caused by impaired cyclin A-CDK2 and cyclin B-CDC2 kinase activities and counteracts the accelerated S-phase entry...
- Control mechanism of the circadian clock for timing of cell division in vivoTakuya Matsuo
Division of Molecular Brain Science, Department of Brain Sciences, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0017, Japan
Science 302:255-9. 2003..clock controls the expression of cell cycle-related genes that in turn modulate the expression of active Cyclin B1-Cdc2 kinase, a key regulator of mitosis...
- Functional interaction of Puralpha with the Cdk2 moiety of cyclin A/Cdk2Hong Liu
Department of Pathology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 328:851-7. 2005..In pull-down assays GST-Puralpha efficiently binds Cdk2 and Cdk1, binds Cdk4 less efficiently, and does not display binding to Cdk6...
- Ribosomal protein S6 gene haploinsufficiency is associated with activation of a p53-dependent checkpoint during gastrulationLinda Panic
Department of Molecular Medicine and Biotechnology, School of Medicine, University of Rijeka, Brace Branchetta 20, 51000, Rijeka, Croatia
Mol Cell Biol 26:8880-91. 2006..Thus, a p53-dependent checkpoint is activated during gastrulation in response to ribosome insufficiency to prevent improper execution of the developmental program...
- Cyclin-dependent kinase-associated proteins Cks1 and Cks2 are essential during early embryogenesis and for cell cycle progression in somatic cellsHanna Stina Martinsson-Ahlzén
Department of Molecular Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:5698-709. 2008..This phenotype can be attributed to impaired transcription of the CCNB1, CCNA2, and CDK1 genes, encoding cyclin B1, cyclin A, and Cdk1, respectively...
- Elimination of C/EBPalpha through the ubiquitin-proteasome system promotes the development of liver cancer in miceGuo Li Wang
Department of Pathology and Immunology and Huffington Center on Aging, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Clin Invest 120:2549-62. 2010..This study identifies a molecular mechanism that supports the development of liver cancer in older mice and potential therapeutic targets for the prevention of liver cancer...
- Context dependence of checkpoint kinase 1 as a therapeutic target for pancreatic cancers deficient in the BRCA2 tumor suppressorHiroyoshi Hattori
Department of Oncology and The Medical Research Council Cancer Cell Unit, University of Cambridge, Hutchison MRC Research Centre, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 0XZ, United Kingdom
Mol Cancer Ther 10:670-8. 2011..This concept should be taken into account in the ongoing and future development of targeted cancer therapies...
- c-erbB2 and c-myb induce mouse oocyte maturation involving activation of maturation promoting factorLi Ping Zheng
Medical Experimental Teaching Department, Nanchang University, Nanchang, China
DNA Cell Biol 31:164-70. 2012..Nonsense tat ODN had no effect on the expression of c-erbB(2), c-myb, and cyclin B1. These results suggest that c-erbB(2) and c-myb may induce oocyte maturation through mediating a pathway involving the activation of MPF...
- Cdk1 interplays with Oct4 to repress differentiation of embryonic stem cells into trophectodermLei Li
College of Life Sciences, Capital Normal University, Beijing, China
FEBS Lett 586:4100-7. 2012b>Cdk1 plays an important role in undifferentiated ES cells, but the underlying mechanism remains unclear. This study explores how Cdk1 collaborates with Oct4 to inhibit differentiation in mouse ES cells...
- Ubiquitin C-terminal hydrolase L1 (UCH-L1) acts as a novel potentiator of cyclin-dependent kinases to enhance cell proliferation independently of its hydrolase activityTomohiro Kabuta
Department of Degenerative Neurological Diseases, National Institute of Neuroscience, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, 4 1 1 Ogawahigashi, Kodaira, Tokyo 187 8502, Japan
J Biol Chem 288:12615-26. 2013..In this study, we found that UCH-L1 physically interacts with CDK1, CDK4, and CDK5, enhancing their kinase activity...
- Filamin B regulates chondrocyte proliferation and differentiation through Cdk1 signalingJianjun Hu
Department of Neurology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e89352. 2014..FlnB loss reduced Cdk1 phosphorylation (an inhibitor of G2/M phase progression) and Cdk1 inhibition in chondrocytes mimicked the null FlnB,..
- Dependency of the spindle assembly checkpoint on Cdk1 renders the anaphase transition irreversibleAhmed Rattani
Department of Biochemistry, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3QU, UK
Curr Biol 24:630-7. 2014..a mechanism to prevent SAC reactivation during anaphase, which could be conferred by a dependence of the SAC on Cdk1 [3-5]...
- Mastl is required for timely activation of APC/C in meiosis I and Cdk1 reactivation in meiosis IIDeepak Adhikari
Department of Chemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Gothenburg, S 405 30 Gothenburg, Sweden
J Cell Biol 206:843-53. 2014..PP2A suppression in turn leads to high levels of Cdk1 substrate phosphorylation...
- Cdk1, PKCδ and calcineurin-mediated Drp1 pathway contributes to mitochondrial fission-induced cardiomyocyte deathIvan Zaja
Department of Anesthesiology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, United States
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 453:710-21. 2014..Immunoprecipitation assay further indicates that cyclin dependent kinase 1 (Cdk1) and protein kinase C isoform delta (PKCδ) bind Drp1, thus increasing mitochondrial fission...
- Redox regulation of cardiomyocyte cell cycling via an ERK1/2 and c-Myc-dependent activation of cyclin D2 transcriptionThomas V A Murray
King s College London British Heart Foundation Centre of Research Excellence, Cardiovascular Division, London, UK
J Mol Cell Cardiol 79:54-68. 2015..We suggest that this pathway acts to maintain the proliferative capacity of cardiomyocytes in Nox4 Tg pups in vivo and so delays their exit from the cell cycle after birth. ..
- CDK1 inhibition targets the p53-NOXA-MCL1 axis, selectively kills embryonic stem cells, and prevents teratoma formationNoelle E Huskey
Department of Cell and Tissue Biology and Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Stem Cell Reports 4:374-89. 2015..We found that inhibiting cyclin-dependent kinase 1 (CDK1) leads to activation of the DNA damage response, nuclear p53 stabilization, activation of a subset of p53 target ..
- Target gene specificity of E2F and pocket protein family members in living cellsJ Wells
McArdle Laboratory for Cancer Research, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Mol Cell Biol 20:5797-807. 2000....
- Cyclin B1/Cdk1 coordinates mitochondrial respiration for cell-cycle G2/M progressionZhaoqing Wang
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Dev Cell 29:217-32. 2014..Here, we show that a fraction of cyclin B1/Cdk1 proteins localizes to the matrix of mitochondria and phosphorylates a cluster of mitochondrial proteins, including ..
- CDK1 Is a Synthetic Lethal Target for KRAS Mutant TumoursSara Costa-Cabral
The CRUK Gene Function Laboratory, The Institute of Cancer Research, London, SW3 6JB, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 11:e0149099. 2016..Here we describe a novel, robust, KRAS synthetic lethal interaction with the cyclin dependent kinase, CDK1. This was discovered using parallel siRNA screens in KRAS mutant and wild type colorectal isogenic tumour cells and ..
- Cell death mediated by alloreactive cytotoxic T cells via the granule exocytosis or the Fas pathway is independent of p34cdc2 kinase: Fas dependent killing of cells arrested in the cell cycleP Waring
Division of Immunology and Cell Biology, John Curtin School of Medical Research, Australian National University, Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Immunol Cell Biol 79:264-73. 2001..This lysis was accompanied by an increase in cell surface Fas expression. Olomoucine induced cell cycle arrest and expression of Fas was reversible and when cells re-entered the cell cycle, surface expression of Fas was lost...
- CDK1-mediated phosphorylation of Abi1 attenuates Bcr-Abl-induced F-actin assembly and tyrosine phosphorylation of WAVE complex during mitosisChunmei Zhuang
Department of Internal Medicine, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Amarillo, Texas 79106, USA
J Biol Chem 286:38614-26. 2011..We identified serine 216 of Abi1 as a target of CDK1/cyclin B kinase that is phosphorylated in cells at the onset of mitosis...
- Cdk1, but not Cdk2, is the sole Cdk that is essential and sufficient to drive resumption of meiosis in mouse oocytesDeepak Adhikari
Department of Chemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg SE 405 30, Sweden
Hum Mol Genet 21:2476-84. 2012..In addition, conventional knockout of Cdk1 and Cdk2 leads to embryonic lethality and postnatal follicular depletion, respectively, making it impossible to ..
- Tex14, a Plk1-regulated protein, is required for kinetochore-microtubule attachment and regulation of the spindle assembly checkpointGourish Mondal
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Mol Cell 45:680-95. 2012..protein 14 (Tex14), which has been implicated in midbody function, is recruited to KTs by Plk1 in a Cdk1-dependent manner during early mitosis...
- E-cadherin is required for intestinal morphogenesis in the mouseBenjamin J Bondow
Department of Cell Biology, Neurobiology and Anatomy, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Dev Biol 371:1-12. 2012..In summary, our data demonstrate that E-cadherin is essential for intestinal epithelial morphogenesis and homeostasis during embryonic development...
- Key role for cyclin-dependent kinases in the first and second meiotic divisions of rat spermatocytesMurielle Godet
INSERM U418 INRA UMR 1245, Hopital Debrousse, 69322 Lyon 05, France
Biol Reprod 70:1147-52. 2004..examined so far, the G2/M phase transition is controlled by the M-phase promoting factor (MPF), a complex of cdc2 (CDK1) and cyclin B1. Histone H1 kinase activity and MPF components are present in pachytene spermatocytes (PS)...
- Cell cycle regulation in mouse heart during embryonic and postnatal stagesAiko Ikenishi
School of Life Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, Yonago, 683 8503, Japan
Dev Growth Differ 54:731-8. 2012..The data obtained should provide a basis for the analysis of cell cycle regulation in cardiomyocytes during embryonic and postnatal stages...
- Rapamycin inhibition of interleukin-2-dependent p33cdk2 and p34cdc2 kinase activation in T lymphocytesW G Morice
Department of Immunology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905
J Biol Chem 268:22737-45. 1993..The inhibitory effects of RAP on the activation of cyclin E- and cyclin A-associated cyclin-dependent kinases suggest that one or both events participate in the regulation of T cell entry into S-phase...
- Human homologue of Drosophila lats, LATS1, negatively regulate growth by inducing G(2)/M arrest or apoptosisX Yang
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Genetics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06536 0812, USA
Oncogene 20:6516-23. 2001..The mammalian LATS1 protein was previously shown to bind to CDC2, suggesting that LATS1 may modulate G(2)/M cell cycle progression by affecting CDC2 activity...
- Genetic analyses using a mouse cell cycle mutant identifies magoh as a novel gene involved in Cdk regulationMakoto Inaki
Genome and Drug Research Center, Tokyo University of Science, 2641 Yamazaki, Noda, Chiba 278 8510, Japan
Genes Cells 16:166-78. 2011..We show that, in addition to ccnb1 and cks2, magoh is also a dosage suppressor of the mouse temperature-sensitive cdc2 mutant, and synthetic enhancement of the cdc2 ts phenotype by RNA interference (RNAi) of magoh is observed in a ..
- PTOV1 is associated with UCH-L1 and in response to estrogen stimuli during the mouse oocyte developmentYu Wei Yao
Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Histochem Cell Biol 136:205-15. 2011..In addition, UCH-L1 was shown to be associated with CDK1, which participated in the regulation of cell cycle and oocyte maturation...
- MARF1 regulates essential oogenic processes in miceYou Qiang Su
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA
Science 335:1496-9. 2012..Therefore MARF1, by suppressing levels of specific transcripts, is an essential regulator of important oogenic processes leading to female fertility and the development of healthy offspring...
- From ubiquitin-proteasomal degradation to CDK1 inactivation: requirements for the first polar body extrusion in mouse oocytesYael Pomerantz
Department of Biological Regulation, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
FASEB J 26:4495-505. 2012..first polar body (PBI), depends on proteasomal degradation of cyclin B1 and securin and the subsequent respective CDK1 inactivation and chromosome segregation...
- The role of the IGF1 receptor in the regulation of cdc2 mRNA levels in fibroblastsE Surmacz
Jefferson Cancer Institute, Thomas Jefferson University, Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107
Exp Cell Res 199:275-8. 1992The levels of cdc2 mRNA increase when quiescent cells are stimulated by growth factors. In BALB/c 3T3, both platelet-derived growth factor and insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) are required to increase cdc2 mRNA levels...
- A deficiency in the mechanism for p34cdc2 protein kinase activation in mouse embryos arrested at 2-cell stageF Aoki
Department of Animal Breeding, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Tokyo, Japan
Dev Biol 154:66-72. 1992..These results suggest that 2-cell-blocked embryos contain enough p34cdc2 to induce mitotic events but the protein remains in a latent form...
- Cloning of the mouse homologue of the yeast cell cycle control gene cdc2N K Spurr
Imperial Cancer Research Fund, Clare Hall Laboratories, Blanche Lane, Potters Bar, UK
DNA Seq 1:49-54. 1990The cdc2 cell cycle control genes of yeast and man encode 34 kDa protein kinases. Using the human CDC2 gene as a DNA probe we have isolated cDNA clones corresponding to the mouse cdc2 gene...
- Phosphorylation of RNA polymerase by the murine homologue of the cell-cycle control protein cdc2L J Cisek
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205
Nature 339:679-84. 1989..A component of this kinase is cdc2, the product of a cell-cycle control gene previously shown to be a component of M-phase-promoting factor and M-..
- Expression of CDK5 (PSSALRE kinase), a neural cdc2-related protein kinase, in the mature and developing mouse central and peripheral nervous systemsH Ino
Department of Anatomy, Chiba University School of Medicine, Japan
Brain Res 661:196-206. 1994CDK5 is a cdc2-related protein kinase that is known to be highly expressed in mature brain. In this study, we obtained a mouse CDK5 cDNA by screening an adult mouse cDNA library...
- Regulation of cyclin and cyclin-dependent kinase gene expression during lens differentiation requires the retinoblastoma proteinL Fromm
Department of Cell Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Oncogene 12:69-75. 1996..In the normal lens, our experiments using in-situ hybridization reveal that the expression of cyclin A, cyclin B1, cdc2 and cdk2 is restricted to the proliferative epithelial cells, with no expression in the differentiating fiber cells...
- An accumulation of p34cdc2 at the end of mouse oocyte growth correlates with the acquisition of meiotic competenceC de Vant'ery
D epartement de Gyn ecologie et Obst etrique, H opital Cantonal Universitaire de Gen eve, Switzerland
Dev Biol 174:335-44. 1996..subthreshold concentration of p34cdc2 and/or lack of an activator or presence of an inhibitor, it is bypassed by okadaic acid. Downstream of this point meiosis progresses up to metaphase 1, even though p34cdc2 concentration remains low...
- The NIMA-related kinase 2, Nek2, is expressed in specific stages of the meiotic cell cycle and associates with meiotic chromosomesK Rhee
Department of Genetics and Development, The Center for Reproductive Sciences, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
Development 124:2167-77. 1997The Aspergillus nimA gene encodes a Ser/Thr protein kinase which is required for mitosis, in addition to Cdc2, and which has been suggested to have a role in chromosomal condensation...
- A novel cdc2-related protein kinase expressed in the nervous systemM A Lazzaro
Centre for Research in Neuroscience, McGill University and Montreal General Hospital Research Institute, Quebec, Canada
J Neurochem 69:348-64. 1997We report the cloning and characterization of a cDNA encoding a cdc2-related protein kinase, named PFTAIRE, that is expressed primarily in the postnatal and adult nervous system...
- HSP70-2 is required for CDC2 kinase activity in meiosis I of mouse spermatocytesD Zhu
Laboratory of Reproductive and Developmental Toxicology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Development 124:3007-14. 1997Cyclin B-dependent CDC2 kinase activity has a key role in triggering the G2/M-phase transition during the mitotic and meiotic cell cycles. The Hsp70-2 gene is expressed only in spermatogenic cells at a significant level...
- Inactivation of a c-Myb/estrogen receptor fusion protein in transformed primary cells leads to granulocyte/macrophage differentiation and down regulation of c-kit but not c-myc or cdc2A Hogg
Hanson Centre for Cancer Research, Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science, Adelaide, South Australia
Oncogene 15:2885-98. 1997..The expression of the c-myc, c-kit, cdc2 and bcl-2 genes, which are putatively regulated by Myb, was investigated in ERMYB cells grown in the presence or ..
- The identification and characterization of expression of Pftaire-1, a novel Cdk family member, suggest its function in the mouse testis and nervous systemV Besset
Department of Genetics and Development, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
Mol Reprod Dev 50:18-29. 1998....
- Cyclin A1 is required for meiosis in the male mouseD Liu
Integrated Program in Cellular, Molecular and Biophysical Studies, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
Nat Genet 20:377-80. 1998..in Ccna1-/- males was associated with increased germ cell apoptosis, desynapsis abnormalities and reduction of Cdc2 kinase activation at the end of meiotic prophase...
- Characterization of the murine cdc2 geneD Jun
Department of Microbiology, College of Natural Sciences, Kyungpook National University, Taegu, Korea
Mol Cells 8:731-40. 1998A 1204 bp full-length cDNA encoding murine cdc2 was isolated and used as a probe to obtain four overlapping cdc2 genomic clones which span the entire cdc2 sequence...
- A new mouse insertional mutation that causes sensorineural deafness and vestibular defectsK N Alagramam
Department of Pediatrics, Rainbow Babies and Children s Hospital, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Genetics 152:1691-9. 1999..The mutant locus was mapped to a region on mouse chromosome 10, where other spontaneous, recessive mutations causing deafness in mice have been mapped...
- Mutually regulated expression of Pax6 and Six3 and its implications for the Pax6 haploinsufficient lens phenotypeGuy Goudreau
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Max Planck Institute of Biophysical Chemistry, Am Fassberg, 37077 Gottingen, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:8719-24. 2002..Our findings thus provide a mechanism implicating gene regulatory interactions between Pax6 and Six3 in the tissue-specific defects found in Pax6 heterozygous mice...
- GADD45b and GADD45g are cdc2/cyclinB1 kinase inhibitors with a role in S and G2/M cell cycle checkpoints induced by genotoxic stressMariappan Vairapandi
Fels Institute for Cancer Research and Molecular Biology, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19140, USA
J Cell Physiol 192:327-38. 2002..Recent evidence has implicated Gadd45a in inhibition of cdc2/cyclinB1 kinase and in G2/M cell cycle arrest...
- DNA damage-induced G2/M checkpoint in SV40 large T antigen-immortalized embryonic fibroblast cells requires SHP-2 tyrosine phosphataseLiangping Yuan
Department of Hematopoiesis, Jerome H Holland Laboratory for the Biomedical Sciences, American Red Cross, Rockville, Maryland 20855, USA
J Biol Chem 278:42812-20. 2003..These results together provide the first evidence that SHP-2 tyrosine phosphatase enhances the DNA damage G2/M checkpoint in SV40 large T antigen immortalized murine embryonic fibroblast cells...
- Mutant MyoD lacking Cdc2 phosphorylation sites delays M-phase entryLionel A J Tintignac
Laboratoire de génétique oncologique, Institut Gustave Roussy, 94805 Villejuif, France
Mol Cell Biol 24:1809-21. 2004..the G(2)/M transition by controlling the expression of p21(Waf1/Cip1) (p21), which is believed to regulate cyclin B-Cdc2 kinase activity in G(2)...
- Cyclin A2 mediates cardiomyocyte mitosis in the postmitotic myocardiumHina W Chaudhry
Department of Medicine, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Biol Chem 279:35858-66. 2004..These results reveal a previously unrecognized critical role for cyclin A2 in mediating cardiomyocyte mitosis, a role that may significantly impact upon clinical treatment of damaged myocardium...
- Protein kinase A regulates cell cycle progression of mouse fertilized eggs by means of MPFBingzhi Yu
Department of Biochemical and Molecular Biology, China Medical University, Shenyang, Liaoning, People s Republic of China
Dev Dyn 232:98-105. 2005..Western blot analysis showed that Cdc2 remained phosphorylated in cAMP microinjected embryos by the time when control embryos were at metaphase and showed ..
- The multifunctional nuclear protein p54nrb is multiphosphorylated in mitosis and interacts with the mitotic regulator Pin1Ariane Proteau
CREFSIP and Département de médecine, Laval University, Pavillon C E Marchand, Room 4263 Laval University, Que, Canada, G1K 7P4
J Mol Biol 346:1163-72. 2005..protein kinase inhibitor roscovitine and immunodepletion studies with an anti-cyclin B1 antibody established that Cdk1 was responsible for the phosphorylation of the carboxy-terminal extremity of p54nrb whereas a different kinase ..
- Ovol1 regulates meiotic pachytene progression during spermatogenesis by repressing Id2 expressionBaoan Li
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Development 132:1463-73. 2005..Taken together, our studies demonstrate a role for Ovol1 in regulating pachytene progression of male germ cells, and identify Id2 as a Ovol1 target...
- Expression of cell cycle-related proteins in developing and adult mouse hippocampusStefanie Schmetsdorf
Department of Neuroanatomy, Paul Flechsig Institute for Brain Research, University of Leipzig, Jahnallee 59, 04109 Leipzig, Germany
Int J Dev Neurosci 23:101-12. 2005..Thus, they may have supplementary functions in differentiated neurons that might be associated with neuronal plasticity...
- PKB/AKT is involved in resumption of meiosis in mouse oocytesJaroslav Kalous
Institute of Animal Physiology and Genetics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Rumburska 89, 277 21 Libechov, Czech Republic
Biol Cell 98:111-23. 2006In fully grown mouse oocytes, a decrease in cAMP concentration precedes and is linked to CDK1 (cyclin-dependent kinase 1) activation. The molecular mechanism for this coupling, however, is not defined...
- Genomewide production of multipurpose alleles for the functional analysis of the mouse genomeFrank Schnütgen
Department of Molecular Hematology, University of Frankfurt Medical School, 60590 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:7221-6. 2005..The trapped ES cell lines, which can be ordered from the German Gene Trap Consortium, are freely available to the scientific community...
- Cell-cycle-dependent subcellular localization of cyclin B1, phosphorylated cyclin B1 and p34cdc2 during oocyte meiotic maturation and fertilization in mouseLi Jun Huo
State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Biology, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Zygote 13:45-53. 2005....
- Cdc2-cyclin E complexes regulate the G1/S phase transitionEiman Aleem
Mouse Cancer Genetics Program, National Cancer Institute, NCI Frederick, Bldg 560 22 56, 1050 Boyles Street, Frederick, MD 21702 1201, USA
Nat Cell Biol 7:831-6. 2005..observed elevated levels of S phase and mitosis in tissues of p27(-/-) Cdk2(-/-) mice concomitantly with elevated Cdc2 activity in p27(-/-) Cdk2(-/-) extracts...
- Differential regulation of CDP/Cux p110 by cyclin A/Cdk2 and cyclin A/Cdk1Marianne Santaguida
Molecular Oncology Group, McGill University Health Center, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3A 1A1, Canada
J Biol Chem 280:32712-21. 2005Previous experiments with peptide fusion proteins suggested that cyclin A/Cdk1 and Cdk2 might exhibit similar yet distinct phosphorylation specificities. Using a physiological substrate, CDP/Cux, our study confirms this notion...
- Distinct roles for the mammalian A-type cyclins during oogenesisJenny Liao Persson
Department of Genetics and Development, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York 10032, USA
Reproduction 130:411-22. 2005..5 to post-natal and adults. Readily detectable expression of the cyclin-dependent kinases Cdk1 and Cdk2, two common partners for the A-type cyclins, was observed in granulosa cells and oocytes at all stages of ..
- Phosphorylation by Cdk1 induces Plk1-mediated vimentin phosphorylation during mitosisTomoya Yamaguchi
Division of Biochemistry, Aichi Cancer Center Research Institute, Aichi 464 8681, Japan
J Cell Biol 171:431-6. 2005..b>Cdk1 also phosphorylates vimentin from prometaphase to metaphase, but its significance has remained unknown...
- Inhibition of CDC2/Cyclin B1 in response to selenium-induced oxidative stress during spermatogenesis: potential role of Cdc25c and p21Naveen Kaushal
Department of Biophysics, Panjab University, Chandigarh, 160014, India
Mol Cell Biochem 298:139-50. 2007..Various cell cycle regulators control and coordinate the process of cell cycle. Because of the crucial involvement of CDC2, Cyclin B1, Cdc25c, and p21 in cell cycle regulation, the present study was aimed to investigate the possibility ..
- Death-effector domain-containing protein DEDD is an inhibitor of mitotic Cdk1/cyclin B1Satoko Arai
Division of Molecular Biomedicine for Pathogenesis, Center for Disease Biology and Integrative Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1, Hongo, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:2289-94. 2007..Here we identified that DEDD, which also possesses the DED domain, acts as a novel inhibitor of the mitotic Cdk1/cyclin B1 complex...
- Polo-like kinase 1 may regulate G2/M transition of mouse fertilized eggs by means of inhibiting the phosphorylation of Tyr 15 of Cdc2Zhe Zhang
Department of Biochemical and Molecular Biology, China Medical University, Shenyang, Liaoning, China
Mol Reprod Dev 74:1247-54. 2007..At the meantime, the phosphorylation of Tyr 15 of Cdc2 was inhibited at M phase...
- Histone H1 and cdk1 kinase activities in early embryos of four mouse strains after X-irradiationSarah Baatout
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Institute for Health, Environment and Safety, Belgian Nuclear Research Center, SCK CEN, Mol, Belgium
In Vivo 21:571-82. 2007The cdk1/cyclin B1 complex is a universal regulator known to be responsible for driving the cell-cycle from the G2- to the M-phase...
- Dynamic expression of the RNA-binding protein Sam68 during mouse pre-implantation developmentMaria Paola Paronetto
Department of Public Health and Cell Biology, Section of Anatomy, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Via Montpellier 1, 00133 Rome, Italy
Gene Expr Patterns 8:311-22. 2008..These results indicate that Sam68 is involved in translational regulation of maternal mRNAs in the zygote and in the early signaling events triggered by fertilization...
- Activation of FOXO1 by Cdk1 in cycling cells and postmitotic neuronsZengqiang Yuan
Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, 77 Avenue Louis Pasteur, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Science 319:1665-8. 2008Activation of cyclin-dependent kinase 1 (Cdk1) has been linked to cell death of postmitotic neurons in brain development and disease. We found that Cdk1 phosphorylated the transcription factor FOXO1 at Ser249 in vitro and in vivo...
- Heat stress induces Cdc2 protein decrease prior to mouse spermatogenic cell apoptosisYanjun Zhang
Life Science College, Shandong University, 27 Shandanan Street, Jinan, Shandong 250100, P R China
Acta Histochem 110:276-84. 2008Both mitosis and meiosis are driven by M-phase promoting factor (MPF), a complex with Cdc2 and Cyclin B...
- Transient suppression of nuclear Cdc2 activity in response to ionizing radiationMin Jung Kim
Laboratory of Molecular Biochemistry, Department of Chemistry, Hanyang University, Seoul 133 791, Korea
Oncol Rep 19:1323-9. 2008Suppression of Cdc2 activity is essential for DNA damage-induced G2 arrest. In the present study, we elucidated regulatory mechanism of Cdc2 activity during radiation-induced transient G2 arrest...
- Cdc2 and Mos regulate Emi2 stability to promote the meiosis I-meiosis II transitionWanli Tang
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Mol Biol Cell 19:3536-43. 2008..Emi2 degradation in MI depends not on Ca(2+)/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II (CaMKII), but on Cdc2-mediated phosphorylation of multiple sites within Emi2...
- CDC2A (CDK1)-mediated phosphorylation of MSY2 triggers maternal mRNA degradation during mouse oocyte maturationSergey Medvedev
Department of Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Dev Biol 321:205-15. 2008..We report that CDC2A (CDK1)-mediated phosphorylation of MSY2 triggers this transition...
- The death effector domain-containing DEDD supports S6K1 activity via preventing Cdk1-dependent inhibitory phosphorylationNobuya Kurabe
Division of Molecular Biomedicine for Pathogenesis, Center for Disease Biology and Integrative Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Biol Chem 284:5050-5. 2009..Recently, we identified that the death effector domain-containing DEDD impedes mitotic progression by inhibiting Cdk1 (cyclin-dependent kinase 1) and thus maintains an increase of cell size during the mitotic phase...
- Mitochondrial degeneration and not apoptosis is the primary cause of embryonic lethality in ceramide transfer protein mutant miceXin Wang
Laboratory of Cell and Developmental Signaling, National Cancer Institute at Frederick, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
J Cell Biol 184:143-58. 2009..Thus, global compromise of ER and mitochondrial integrity caused by ceramide accumulation in CERT mutant mice primarily affects organogenesis rather than causing cell death via apoptotic pathways...
- Cyclin A-Cdk1 regulates the origin firing program in mammalian cellsYuko Katsuno
Department of Cell Biology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Nagoya City University, 1 Kawasumi, Mizuho cho, Mizuho ku, Nagoya 467 8601, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:3184-9. 2009..We demonstrate here the essential role of cyclin A2-Cdk1 in the regulation of late origin firing...
- Prediction of paclitaxel sensitivity by CDK1 and CDK2 activity in human breast cancer cellsSatoshi Nakayama
Central Research Laboratories, Sysmex Corporation, 4 4 4, Takatsukadai, Nishi ku, Kobe, Japan
Breast Cancer Res 11:R12. 2009..We hypothesized that cyclin-dependent kinase (CDK) 1 activity and CDK2 activity in cancer cells, which reflect the activation state of the spindle assembly checkpoint and the growth state, respectively, predict sensitivity to paclitaxel...
- Linker histones stimulate HSPA2 ATPase activity through NASP binding and inhibit CDC2/Cyclin B1 complex formation during meiosis in the mouseOleg M Alekseev
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology and the Laboratories for Reproductive Biology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Biol Reprod 81:739-48. 2009In mammalian spermatocytes, cell division cycle protein 2 (CDC2)/cyclin B1 and the chaperone heat shock protein A2 (HSPA2) are required for the G2-->M transition in prophase I...
- Cyclin A2-cyclin-dependent kinase 2 cooperates with the PLK1-SCFbeta-TrCP1-EMI1-anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome axis to promote genome reduplication in the absence of mitosisHoi Tang Ma
Department of Biochemistry, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Clear Water Bay, Hong Kong
Mol Cell Biol 29:6500-14. 2009..Inhibition of cyclin-dependent kinase 1 (CDK1) with the specific inhibitor RO3306 is sufficient to trigger multiple rounds of genome reduplication...
- Characterization of p70 S6 kinase 1 in early development of mouse embryosXiao Yan Xu
Department of Pathophysiology, College of Basic Medicine, China Medical University, Shenyang, Liaoning Province, PR China
Dev Dyn 238:3025-34. 2009..It is proposed that mTORC1 may be involved in the control of MPF by regulating S6K1 during the early development of mouse embryos...
- The Mediator complex protein Med31 is required for embryonic growth and cell proliferation during mammalian developmentMichael D Risley
University of Manchester, Faculty of Life Sciences, Manchester, UK
Dev Biol 342:146-56. 2010..from mutant embryos have a severe proliferation defect, as well as reduced levels of the cell cycle protein Cdc2. Med31 mutants have normal limb bud patterning but defective or delayed chondrogenesis due to a lack of Sox9 and ..
- Cdk1 activity is required for mitotic activation of aurora A during G2/M transition of human cellsRobert D Van Horn
Lilly Research Laboratories, Lilly Corporate Center, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285, USA
J Biol Chem 285:21849-57. 2010..a chemical biology approach using selective small molecule kinase inhibitors to dissect the relationship between Cdk1 and Aurora A kinases during G(2)/M transition...
- An IGF1/insulin receptor substrate-1 pathway stimulates a mitotic kinase (cdk1) in the uterine epithelium during the proliferative response to estradiolMichael P Walker
Laboratory of Molecular Carcinogenesis, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Mail Drop D4 01, PO Box 12233, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
J Endocrinol 207:225-35. 2010..on earlier studies, it is also possible that an IGF1/IRS-1/PI3K/AKT pathway regulates posttranslational changes in cdk1. This model may provide insights as to how a growth factor pathway can mediate hormone action on cell proliferation.
- Phosphorylation of p62 by cdk1 controls the timely transit of cells through mitosis and tumor cell proliferationJuan F Linares
Department of Cancer and Cell Biology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Vontz Center for Molecular Studies, 3125 Eden Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
Mol Cell Biol 31:105-17. 2011..Here we show that cdk1 phosphorylates p62 in vitro and in vivo at T269 and S272, which is necessary for the maintenance of appropriate ..
- Cdk1 is required for the self-renewal of mouse embryonic stem cellsWei Wei Zhang
College of Life Sciences, Capital Normal University, Beijing, China
J Cell Biochem 112:942-8. 2011Cyclin-dependent kinase 1 (Cdk1) is indispensible for the early development of the embryo. However, its role in maintaining the undifferentiated state of the embryonic stem (ES) cells remains unknown...
- TLS and TLS Fusion Proteins in LeukemiaLiu Yang; Fiscal Year: 2005..It is envisioned that successful completion of this project will unveil potential therapeutic targets in the treatment of human leukemias characterized by the t(16;21) translocation. ..
- The Role of Cyclin A in Cardiac DevelopmentHINA CHAUDHRY; Fiscal Year: 2006..seeks to characterize molecular events that occur downstream of cyclin A binding to its kinase partners, cdk2 and cdc2. This is based on the hypothesis that cardiomyocyte cell cycle exit is coordinated by a cascade of inhibition ..
- CHONDROGENESIS AND HISTONE MODIFICATION ENZYMESLiu Yang; Fiscal Year: 2007....