Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cd3e
Description: CD3 antigen, epsilon polypeptide
Alias: AI504783, CD3, CD3epsilon, T3e, T-cell surface antigen T3/Leu-4 epsilon chain, T-cell surface glycoprotein CD3 epsilon chain
- Altered T cell development in mice with a targeted mutation of the CD3-epsilon geneM Malissen
Centre d Immunologie INSERM CNRS de Marseille Luminy, France
EMBO J 14:4641-53. 1995To determine which CD3 components are required for early T cell development, we generated mice with a targeted mutation of the CD3-epsilon gene and characterized their T cell populations relative to those found in CD3-zeta/eta-and ..
- Stepwise development of thymic microenvironments in vivo is regulated by thymocyte subsetsW van Ewijk
Department of Immunology, Erasmus University Rotterdam, PO Box 1738, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Development 127:1583-91. 2000..We now show, using three types of immunodeficient mice, i.e. CD3(epsilon) transgenic mice, RAG(null) mice and RAG(null)-bone-marrow-transplanted CD3(epsilon) transgenic mice, that ..
- Deletion of the LIME adaptor protein minimally affects T and B cell development and functionClaude Gregoire
Centre d immunologie de Marseille Luminy, Universite de la Mediterranee, Marseille, France
Eur J Immunol 37:3259-69. 2007....
- The proline-rich sequence of CD3epsilon controls T cell antigen receptor expression on and signaling potency in preselection CD4+CD8+ thymocytesMichael Mingueneau
Centre d immunologie de Marseille Luminy, Universite de la Mediterrannee, Case 906, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U631, and Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique UMR6102, 13288 Marseille Cedex 9, France
Nat Immunol 9:522-32. 2008..by T cell antigen receptors (TCRs) is thought to 'unmask' a proline-rich sequence (PRS) present in the CD3epsilon cytosolic segment, which allows it to trigger T cell activation...
- CD4 help regulates expression of crucial genes involved in CD8 T cell memory and sensitivity to regulatory elementsLaetitia Rapetti
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 591, Universite Paris Descartes, Institut Necker, Paris, France
J Immunol 181:299-308. 2008..Therefore, these results characterize the multiple effects of CD4 help on CD8 memory differentiation and provide important insights for the understanding of protective memory responses...
- Disruption of extracellular interactions impairs T cell receptor-CD3 complex stability and signalingMichael S Kuhns
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Immunity 26:357-69. 2007..are critical for the assembly of the complex, the location of extracellular contacts between the TCR and CD3 subunits and their contributions to stability and signal transduction have not been defined...
- TCR alpha-CD3 delta epsilon association is the initial step in alpha beta dimer formation in murine T cells and is limiting in immature CD4+ CD8+ thymocytesK P Kearse
Experimental Immunology Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Immunity 2:391-9. 1995..We demonstrate that TCR assembly proceeds by initial association of TCR alpha with CD3 delta epsilon proteins and by association of TCR beta with CD3 gamma epsilon proteins to form alpha delta epsilon ..
- Mechanisms contributing to T cell receptor signaling and assembly revealed by the solution structure of an ectodomain fragment of the CD3 epsilon gamma heterodimerZ J Sun
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell 105:913-23. 2001..of genetically diverse disulfide-linked alpha and beta chains in noncovalent association with the invariant CD3 subunits. CD3 epsilon and CD3 gamma are integral components of both the TCR and pre-TCR...
- The strength of persistent antigenic stimulation modulates adaptive tolerance in peripheral CD4+ T cellsNevil J Singh
Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Immunology, NIAID NIH, Building 4, Room 111, 4 Center Drive MSC 0420, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Exp Med 198:1107-17. 2003....
- Adaptive tolerance of CD4+ T cells in vivo: multiple thresholds in response to a constant level of antigen presentationC Tanchot
Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Immunology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Immunol 167:2030-9. 2001..Both the readjustment in sensitivity and the reversal without Ag convincingly demonstrate for the first time a truly adaptive tolerance process in CD4+ T cells in vivo...
- CD3 epsilon-mediated signals rescue the development of CD4+CD8+ thymocytes in RAG-2-/- mice in the absence of TCR beta chain expressionY Shinkai
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Boston, MA
Int Immunol 6:995-1001. 1994..The TCR beta chain is expressed on the surface of DP thymocytes in association with CD3 gamma, delta and epsilon chains, suggesting a potential role for CD3 components in this signaling process...
- A spontaneously arising mutation in the DLAARN motif of murine ZAP-70 abrogates kinase activity and arrests thymocyte developmentD L Wiest
Experimental Immunology Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Immunity 6:663-71. 1997..The developmental arrest is due to the inability of CD4+ CD8+ thymocytes to propagate TCR signals in the absence of ZAP-70 kinase activity despite tyrosine phosphorylation of TCR-associated ZAP-70 molecules...
- Altered thymic positive selection and intracellular signals in Cbl-deficient miceM Naramura
Laboratory of Immunology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:15547-52. 1998..Second, Cbl-deficient thymocytes expressed CD3 and CD4 molecules at higher levels, which consequently may increase the avidity of TCR/major histocompatibility ..
- Functional tolerance of CD8+ T cells induced by muscle-specific antigen expressionSebastien Calbo
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 905, University of Rouen, and Department of Immunology, Rouen University Hospital, Rouen, France
J Immunol 181:408-17. 2008..These observations may be helpful for understanding the breakage of tolerance in autoimmune muscle diseases...
- T cell development in mice lacking all T cell receptor zeta family members (Zeta, eta, and FcepsilonRIgamma)E W Shores
Division of Hematologic Products, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
J Exp Med 187:1093-101. 1998..A possible function for the differential expression of zeta family proteins may be to impart distinctive signaling properties to TCR complexes expressed on specific T cell populations...
- Specific requirement for CD3epsilon in T cell developmentJ B DeJarnette
Laboratory of Mammalian Genes and Development, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:14909-14. 1998..In contrast, mature T cells are absent from CD3epsilon-/- mice, and thymocyte development is arrested at the early CD4(-)CD8(-) stage...
- A mouse carrying genetic defect in the choice between T and B lymphocytesY Tokoro
Department of Immunology, University of Tsukuba, Tennodai, Japan
J Immunol 161:4591-8. 1998Transgenic mice with human CD3epsilon gene have been shown to exhibit early arrest of T cell development in the thymus...
- The CD3epsilon proline-rich sequence, and its interaction with Nck, is not required for T cell development and functionAndrea L Szymczak
Department of Immunology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
J Immunol 175:270-5. 2005The CD3epsilon proline-rich sequence (PRS) binds to the cytosolic adaptor molecule Nck after TCR ligation. It has been proposed that this interaction is essential for immunological synapse formation and T cell activation...
- Regulated costimulation in the thymus is critical for T cell development: dysregulated CD28 costimulation can bypass the pre-TCR checkpointJoy A Williams
Experimental Immunology Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Immunol 175:4199-207. 2005..of the requirement for TCRbeta expression manifest in wild-type thymocytes, occurring even in Rag- or CD3epsilon- knockouts...
- Essential role for ZAP-70 in both positive and negative selection of thymocytesI Negishi
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Nature 376:435-8. 1995..ZAP-70 is a protein tyrosine kinase (PTK) that is associated with the TCR signalling subunits (CD3 and zeta) and is expressed in T cells and natural killer cells...
- The proline-rich sequence of CD3epsilon as an amplifier of low-avidity TCR signalingPankaj Tailor
Julia McFarlane Diabetes Research Centre and Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Immunol 181:243-55. 2008Engagement of peptide-MHC by the TCR induces a conformational change in CD3epsilon that exposes a proline-rich sequence (PRS) and recruits the cytoskeletal adaptor Nck...
- T cell-independent somatic hypermutation in murine B cells with an immature phenotypeChangchuin Mao
Department of Pathology and Program in Immunology, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Immunity 20:133-44. 2004..Mutation frequency was not diminished in the absence of T cells. Our results support the idea that somatic hypermutation can occur in murine immature B cells and may represent a mechanism for enlarging the V gene repertoire...
- Over-expression of CD3 epsilon transgenes blocks T lymphocyte developmentB Wang
Division of Immunology, Beth Israel Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Int Immunol 7:435-48. 1995We have reported previously that mice carrying > 30 copies of the human CD3 epsilon transgene completely lose their T lymphocytes and NK cells (36)...
- Restoration of early thymocyte differentiation in T-cell receptor beta-chain-deficient mutant mice by transmembrane signaling through CD3 epsilonC N Levelt
Max Planck Institut fur Immunbiologie, Freiburg, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 90:11401-5. 1993Thymic repertoire selection requires the expression of the alpha beta CD3 T-cell receptor (TCR) together with the coreceptors CD4 and CD8...
- The CD3-gammadeltaepsilon and CD3-zeta/eta modules are each essential for allelic exclusion at the T cell receptor beta locus but are both dispensable for the initiation of V to (D)J recombination at the T cell receptor-beta, -gamma, and -delta lociL Ardouin
Centre d Immunologie Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique de Marseille Luminy, Case 906, 13288 Marseille Cedex 9, France
J Exp Med 187:105-16. 1998The pre-T cell receptor (TCR) associates with CD3-transducing subunits and triggers the selective expansion and maturation of T cell precursors expressing a TCR-beta chain...
- The development and fate of follicular helper T cells defined by an IL-21 reporter mouseKatja Lüthje
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Parkville, Australia
Nat Immunol 13:491-8. 2012..Thus, we demonstrated that TFH cells were not terminally differentiated but instead retained the flexibility to be recruited into other helper T cell subsets and nonlymphoid tissues...
- T cell receptors are structures capable of initiating signaling in the absence of large conformational rearrangementsRicardo A Fernandes
Nuffield Department of Clinical Medicine and Medical Research Council Human Immunology Unit, The University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford OX3 9DU, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 287:13324-35. 2012..The crystal structure of murine CD3ε complexed with the mitogenic anti-CD3ε antibody 2C11 enabled the first direct structural comparisons of antibody-..
- Barx1, a new mouse homeodomain transcription factor expressed in cranio-facial ectomesenchyme and the stomachJ P Tissier-Seta
Laboratoire de Génétique et Physiologie du Développement CNRS Université Aix Marseille II, France
Mech Dev 51:3-15. 1995..5. These results thus direct a search for its function to a number of inductive epithelial-mesenchymal interactions during craniofacial development and to stomach organogenesis...
- N-terminal negatively charged residues in CD3varepsilon chains as a phylogenetically conserved trait potentially yielding isoforms with different isoelectric points: analysis of human CD3varepsilon chainsRaquel Bello
Departamento de Fisiopatología Celular y Molecular, Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas, CSIC, Ramiro de Maeztu, 9, E 28040 Madrid, Spain
Immunol Lett 126:8-15. 2009..Thus, as previously observed in the mouse, the relative abundance of CD3varepsilon chain species might regulate TCR/CD3 structure and function, including the strength of the interactions between CD3 dimers and the TCR clonotypic ..
- Effects of increasing IL-7 availability on lymphocytes during and after lymphopenia-induced proliferationNabil Bosco
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité 548, Département de Réponse et Dynamique Cellulaire, Commissariat à l Energie Atomique G, Grenoble, France
J Immunol 175:162-70. 2005..Taken together, these results provide new insights into the pleiotropic effects of IL-7 on lymphopenia-induced T cell proliferation...
- Selective expression of the 21-kilodalton tyrosine-phosphorylated form of TCR zeta promotes the emergence of T cells with autoreactive potentialLisa A Pitcher
Center for Immunology and Department of Microbiology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
J Immunol 174:6071-9. 2005..the p21 and p23 to T cell negative selection in the HY TCR-transgenic system using ITAM-substituted TCR zeta and CD3 epsilon transgenic mice...
- Dynamics of CD3gammaepsilon and CD3deltaepsilon dimer expression during murine T cell developmentRenee M Laird
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY 13210, United States
Mol Immunol 47:582-9. 2009..All three isoforms are multimeric complexes, which are dependent on invariant CD3 dimers (CD3gammaepsilon and CD3deltaepsilon) and TCRzetazeta dimers for their assembly, stable surface expression ..
- High incidence of proviral integrations in the Hoxa locus in a new model of E2a-PBX1-induced B-cell leukemiaJanet Bijl
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics of Stem Cells, Institute for Research in Immunology and Cancer, Montreal, Quebec H3C 3J7, Canada
Genes Dev 19:224-33. 2005..model using E2a-PBX1 transgenic mice, which lack mature and precursor T-cells as a result of engineered loss of CD3epsilon expression (CD3epsilon(-/-))...
- Loss of Runx3 function in leukocytes is associated with spontaneously developed colitis and gastric mucosal hyperplasiaOri Brenner
Departments of Molecular Genetics and Veterinary Resources, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:16016-21. 2004..Several susceptibility loci were identified on different human chromosomes including the chromosomal region 1p36 where RUNX3 resides. It is thus tempting to speculate that mutations in RUNX3 may constitute an IBD risk factor in humans...
- Polymorphisms of the T cell receptor CD3delta and CD3epsilon chains affect anti-CD3 antibody binding and T cell activationLasse Boding
Department of International Health, Immunology and Microbiology, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Blegdamsvej 3C, DK 2200 Copenhagen, Denmark
Mol Immunol 47:2450-7. 2010..These polymorphisms result in amino acid substitutions in the ectodomains of both the CD3delta and CD3epsilon chains in 129 mice compared to C57BL/6 mice...
- BAFF binding to T cell-expressed BAFF-R costimulates T cell proliferation and alloresponsesQunrui Ye
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Joseph Stokes Jr Research Institute and Biesecker Pediatric Liver Center, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia and the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Eur J Immunol 34:2750-9. 2004..Taken together, these data indicate the BAFF/BAFF-R pathway contributes to both T and B cell responses and may be an attractive target for control of acute and chronic allograft rejection...
- CD45-null transgenic mice reveal a positive regulatory role for CD45 in early thymocyte development, in the selection of CD4+CD8+ thymocytes, and B cell maturationK F Byth
Department of Pathology, Cambridge University, United Kingdom
J Exp Med 183:1707-18. 1996..We conclude that CD45 is not required at any stage during the generation of mature peripheral B cells, however its loss reveals a previously unrecognized role for CD45 in the regulation of certain subpopulations of B cells...
- Regulation of pT alpha gene expression by a dosage of E2A, HEB, and SCLMathieu Tremblay
Clinical Research Institute of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec H2W 1R7, Canada
J Biol Chem 278:12680-7. 2003..Taken together, our observations suggest that the dosage of E2A, HEB, and SCL determines pT alpha gene expression in immature T cells...
- Heterogeneity of natural Foxp3+ T cells: a committed regulatory T-cell lineage and an uncommitted minor population retaining plasticityNoriko Komatsu
Research Unit for Immune Homeostasis, RIKEN Research Center for Allergy and Immunology, Yokohama 230 0045, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:1903-8. 2009..These results demonstrate that natural Foxp3(+) T cells are a heterogeneous population consisting of a committed T(reg) lineage and an uncommitted subpopulation with developmental plasticity...
- Loss of N-terminal charged residues of mouse CD3 epsilon chains generates isoforms modulating antigen T cell receptor-mediated signals and T cell receptor-CD3 interactionsRaquel Bello
Departamento de Fisiopatología Celular y Molecular, Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, E 28040 Madrid, Spain
J Biol Chem 282:22324-34. 2007The antigen T cell receptor (TCR)-CD3 complexes present on the cell surface of CD4(+) T lymphocytes and T cell lines express CD3 epsilon chain isoforms with different isoelectric points (pI), with important structural and functional ..
- Genetic polymorphisms of the non-obese diabetic (NOD) mouseP J McClive
Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Immunol Cell Biol 72:137-42. 1994..The expression of uncommon alleles of these antigens suggests candidates whose role in the diabetogenic process can be tested...
- FcRL6, a new ITIM-bearing receptor on cytolytic cells, is broadly expressed by lymphocytes following HIV-1 infectionTimothy J Wilson
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
Blood 109:3786-93. 2007....
- Cutting edge: Uniqueness of lymphoid chemokine requirement for the initiation and maturation of nasopharynx-associated lymphoid tissue organogenesisSatoshi Fukuyama
Division of Mucosal Immunology, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, The Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
J Immunol 177:4276-80. 2006b>CD3(-)CD4(+)CD45(+) inducer cells are required for the initiation of mucosa-associated organogenesis of both nasopharynx-associated lymphoid tissues (NALT) and Peyer's patches (PP) in the aerodigestive tract...
- CD8+ T cells are effector cells of contact dermatitis to common skin allergens in miceMarc Vocanson
IFR 128 Biosciences Lyon Gerland, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U503, Lyon Cedex, France
J Invest Dermatol 126:815-20. 2006..In conclusion, our data demonstrate a dominant role of CD8+ T cells as initiators of ACD to weak haptens, and suggest that CD8+ T cells may represent potential targets for preventing or treating ACD...
- Selective upregulation of immune regulatory and effector cytokine synthesis by intestinal intraepithelial lymphocytes following CD43 costimulationDina Montufar-Solis
Department of Diagnostic Sciences, Dental Branch, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 338:1158-63. 2005..In the absence of stimulation in vitro, IELs produced low levels of CCL5 only. Upon CD3 stimulation, the activity of seven of twenty-two analytes was elevated relative to unstimulated cultures, including ..
- TCR signaling inhibits glucocorticoid-induced apoptosis in murine thymocytes depending on the stage of developmentMiriam Erlacher
Division of Experimental Pathophysiology and Immunology, Biocenter, Innsbruck Medical University, Austria
Eur J Immunol 35:3287-96. 2005..Both glucocorticoids (GC) and anti-TCR/CD28 (or anti-CD3/CD28) mAb induced apoptosis in total thymocytes...
- Age-related defects in CD4+ T cell activation reversed by glycoprotein endopeptidaseGonzalo G Garcia
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan School of Medicine, Ann Arbor, USA
Eur J Immunol 33:3464-72. 2003..These data support a model in which O-glycosylated forms of T cell surface molecules, including CD43, are largely responsible for age-related defects in TCR signaling and function...
- Porcine CD3 epsilon: its characterization, expression and involvement in activation of porcine T lymphocytesP A Kirkham
Department of Immunology, Institute for Animal Health, Pirbright, Surrey, UK
Immunology 87:616-23. 1996The cloning, characterization and expression of porcine CD3 epsilon and establishment of its role in T-cell activation using an anti-porcine CD3 epsilon monoclonal antibody, as described here, provides a first step towards a greater ..
- Adenosine inhibits activation-induced T cell expression of CD2 and CD28 co-stimulatory molecules: role of interleukin-2 and cyclic AMP signaling pathwaysJared J Butler
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, Sir Charles Tupper Medical Building, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3H 1X5, Canada
J Cell Biochem 89:975-91. 2003..Mouse T cells activated with anti-CD3 antibody in the presence of adenosine with or without coformycin (to prevent adenosine breakdown by adenosine ..
- Complementary effects of TNF and lymphotoxin on the formation of germinal center and follicular dendritic cellsY Wang
Department of Pathology, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Immunol 166:330-7. 2001..Thus, the development and maintenance of these lymphoid structures depend on a delicate interaction between TNF and LT from different subsets of lymphocytes...
- Molecular organization of the human CD3 gene family on chromosome 11q23G A Evans
Molecular Genetics Laboratory, Salk Institute for Biological Studies, San Diego, CA 92138
Immunogenetics 28:365-73. 1988The genes encoding three invariant components of the human T-cell antigen receptor, the CD3 delta, gamma, and epsilon chains, are located on human chromosome 11 at band q23...
- CD3epsilon homologues in the chondrostean fish Acipenser ruthenusB Y Alabyev
Institute of Cytology and Genetics, Novosibirsk, Russia
Immunogenetics 51:1012-20. 2000b>CD3epsilon is an essential component of the T-cell receptor (TCR) complex for antigen...
- Thymocytes and RelB-dependent medullary epithelial cells provide growth-promoting and organization signals, respectively, to thymic medullary stromal cellsM Naspetti
Centre d Immunologie INSERM CNRS, Marseille Luminy, France
Eur J Immunol 27:1392-7. 1997..These antibodies were used to probe the development of medulla in wild-type or mutant thymuses. In CD3 epsilon-deficient mice where thymocyte maturation is arrested at the CD4- CD8- stage, few scattered 95+ and 29+ ..
- Diverse mRNA expression patterns of the mouse calpain genes Capn5, Capn6 and Capn11 during developmentT N Dear
Max Planck Institute for Immunobiology, Stuebeweg 51, D 79108, Freiburg, Germany
Mech Dev 89:201-9. 1999..Capn11 mRNA is restricted exclusively to spermatocytes and only during the later stages of meiosis...
- Expression of a CD3 epsilon transgene in CD3 epsilon(null) mice does not restore CD3 gamma and delta expression but efficiently rescues T cell development from a subpopulation of prothymocytesN Wang
Division of Immunology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Int Immunol 10:1777-88. 1998..of CD3 epsilon-deficient mice termed CD3 epsilon(delta P/delta P) (epsilon(delta P)), in which the promoter of CD3E was disrupted, and subsequently reconstituted these mice with a CD3 epsilon transgene...
- A new 12-kilodalton dimer associated with pre-TCR complex and clonotype-independent CD3 complex on immature thymocytesK Takase
Center for Biomedical Science, and Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Chiba University School of Medicine, Chuo Ku, Japan
J Immunol 159:741-7. 1997We have characterized the pre-TCR/CD3 complex and the clonotype-independent CD3 (CIC) complex expressed on the cell surface of the immature cell line KKF which we previously identified as the cell line expressing only TCR beta-chain ..
- Genetic mapping of mouse T3d and T3e between Apoa1 and NcamR D Miller
Division of Molecular Biology, Medical Biological Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037
Immunogenetics 30:511-4. 1989
- Inactivation of Notch1 impairs VDJbeta rearrangement and allows pre-TCR-independent survival of early alpha beta Lineage ThymocytesAnita Wolfer
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Lausanne Branch, University of Lausanne, 1066, Epalinges, Switzerland
Immunity 16:869-79. 2002..Collectively, our data demonstrate that Notch1 controls several nonredundant functions necessary for alpha beta lineage development...
- The requirement for pre-TCR during thymic differentiation enforces a developmental pause that is essential for V-DJβ rearrangementKaren S Hathcock
Experimental Immunology Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e20639. 2011..However, the requirement for pre-TCR signals and the exclusion of alternative stimuli such as CD28 enforce a developmental "pause" in early DN3 cells that is essential for productive TCRβ rearrangement to occur...
- Basal and antigen-induced exposure of the proline-rich sequence in CD3εJavier De la Cruz
Department of Immunology, College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Immunol 186:2282-90. 2011The CD3ε cytoplasmic tail contains a conserved proline-rich sequence (PRS) that influences TCR-CD3 expression and signaling. Although the PRS can bind the SH3...
- Identification of the transgenic integration site in immunodeficient tgε26 human CD3ε transgenic miceIzumi Ohigashi
Division of Experimental Immunology, Institute for Genomic Research, University of Tokushima, Tokushima, Japan
PLoS ONE 5:e14391. 2010A strain of human CD3ε transgenic mice, tgε26, exhibits severe immunodeficiency associated with early arrest of T cell development...
- The ontogeny of B cells in the thymus of normal, CD3 epsilon knockout (KO), RAG-2 KO and IL-7 transgenic miceRhodri Ceredig
Laboratoire d Immunochimie, U548 INSERM, Commissariat a l Energie Atomique Grenoble, Departement de Biologie Moleculaire et Structurale, Universite Joseph Fourier, 17 rue des Martyrs, 38054 Grenoble, France
Int Immunol 14:87-99. 2002..In CD3 epsilon gene-deleted mice, the phenotypic progression and number of thymic B cells remains unaltered, showing that ..
- Cutting edge: Thymic NK cells develop independently from T cell precursorsVera S G Ribeiro
Unité d Immunité Innée, Institut Pasteur, Inserm U668, Paris, France
J Immunol 185:4993-7. 2010..We further demonstrate that thymic NK cells develop independently of the Notch signaling pathway, supporting the idea that thymic NK cells represent bona fide NK cells that can develop independently of all T cell precursors...
- Induction of T helper type 2 immunity by a point mutation in the LAT adaptorEnrique Aguado
Centre d immunologie de Marseille Luminy, INSERM and CNRS Université de la Méditerranée, Parc Scientifique de Luminy, 13288 Marseille Cedex 9, France
Science 296:2036-40. 2002..This paradoxical phenotype establishes an unanticipated inhibitory function for LAT that is critical for the differentiation and homeostasis of TH cells...
- Deletion of the mouse T-cell receptor beta gene enhancer blocks alphabeta T-cell developmentG Bouvier
Centre d immunologie de Marseille Luminy, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:7877-81. 1996..These data formally establish the critical role played by Ebeta in cis-activation of the TCR beta locus for V(D)J recombination during alphabeta T-cell development...
- MicroRNAs enriched in hematopoietic stem cells differentially regulate long-term hematopoietic outputRyan M O'Connell
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:14235-40. 2010..Our study identifies an evolutionarily conserved subset of miRNAs that is expressed in HSCs and functions to modulate hematopoietic output...
- Impaired antibody response to group B streptococcal type III capsular polysaccharide in C3- and complement receptor 2-deficient miceOlga Pozdnyakova
Department of Pathology, Center for Blood Research, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 170:84-90. 2003..The normal immune response in wild-type mice may require localization of polysaccharide to marginal zone B cells with subsequent transfer of the Ag to follicular dendritic cells...
- A role for CD40 expression on CD8+ T cells in the generation of CD8+ T cell memoryChristine Bourgeois
INSERM U345, Institut Necker, 156 rue de Vaugirard, F 75730 Paris Cedex 15, France
Science 297:2060-3. 2002..These results suggest that, like B cells, CD8+ T cells receive CD4 help directly through CD40 and that this interaction is fundamental for CD8+ T cell memory generation...
- Therapeutic effects of tumor reactive CD4+ cells generated from tumor-primed lymph nodes using anti-CD3/anti-CD28 monoclonal antibodiesQiao Li
The Division of Surgical Oncology, University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ann Arbor 48109 0666, USA
J Immunother 25:304-13. 2002..we conducted in vitro and in vivo immune function analysis of tumor-draining lymph node (TDLN) cells after anti-CD3/anti-CD28 activation versus anti-CD3 activation alone in a murine tumor model...
- The cytoplasmic tail of the T cell receptor CD3 epsilon subunit contains a phospholipid-binding motif that regulates T cell functionsLaura M DeFord-Watts
Department of Immunology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
J Immunol 183:1055-64. 2009The CD3 epsilon subunit of the TCR complex contains two defined signaling domains, a proline-rich sequence and an ITAM. We identified a third signaling sequence in CD3 epsilon, termed the basic-rich stretch (BRS)...
- Expression of fully assembled TCR-CD3 complex on double positive thymocytes: synergistic role for the PRS and ER retention motifs in the intra-cytoplasmic tail of CD3epsilonJean Francois Brodeur
Lymphocyte Development Laboratory, Institut de Recherches Cliniques de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H2W 1R7
Int Immunol 21:1317-27. 2009..In the present report, we demonstrate that the intra-cytoplasmic (IC) domain of CD3epsilon plays a critical role in regulating TCR expression on DP thymocytes...
- Characterization and expression of the murine CD3-epsilon geneH Clevers
Laboratory of Molecular Immunology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 85:8623-7. 1988..consists of a variable disulfide-bridged hetero-dimer (TCR-alpha/beta or -gamma/delta) associated with invariant CD3 proteins (CD3-gamma, -delta, -epsilon, and -zeta)...
- Essential role for Bclaf1 in lung development and immune system functionJ Peter McPherson
Department of Pharmacology, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Cell Death Differ 16:331-9. 2009..Our findings show a critical role for Bclaf1 in developmental processes independent of apoptosis...
- Normal development and function of natural killer cells in CD3 epsilon delta 5/delta 5 mutant miceV Renard
Centre d Immunologie, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique de Marseille Luminy, Faculté de Luminy, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92:7545-9. 1995The CD3 epsilon polypeptide contributes to the cell surface display as well as to the signal transduction properties of the T-cell antigen receptor complex...
- Scalable signaling mediated by T cell antigen receptor-CD3 ITAMs ensures effective negative selection and prevents autoimmunityJeff Holst
Department of Immunology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105 2794, USA
Nat Immunol 9:658-66. 2008The T cell antigen receptor (TCR)-CD3 complex is unique in having ten cytoplasmic immunoreceptor tyrosine-based activation motifs (ITAMs). The physiological importance of this high TCR ITAM number is unclear...
- IL-12 enhances antibody responses to T-independent polysaccharide vaccines in the absence of T and NK cellsR M Buchanan
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Medical College of Ohio, Toledo 43614 5806, USA
J Immunol 161:5525-33. 1998..The ability of IL-12 to dramatically enhance TI Ab responses suggests that IL-12 will be useful as a powerful vaccine adjuvant to induce protective immune responses against encapsulated pathogens...
- Enhancement of CD3-mediated thymocyte apoptosis by the cross-linkage of heat-stable antigenY Hitsumoto
Department of Clinical Laboratory Medicine, Ehime University School of Medicine, Japan
Immunology 89:200-4. 1996..Immobilized R13 enhanced the CD3-mediated DNA fragmentation and killing of thymocytes but not the dexamethasone-induced or phorbol myristate acetate-..
- Phosphorylation of the N-terminal and C-terminal CD3-epsilon-ITAM tyrosines is differentially regulated in T cellsMaria Guirado
Instituto de Parasitologia y Biomedicina, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Granada, 18001, Spain
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 291:574-81. 2002Tyrosine phosphorylation of immunoreceptor tyrosine-based activation motifs (ITAMs) within CD3 chains is crucial for the recruitment of protein tyrosine kinases and effector molecules into the T cell receptor...
- Ablation of TrkA function in the immune system causes B cell abnormalitiesVincenzo Coppola
Neural Development Group, Mouse Cancer Genetics Program, NCI, NIH, Frederick, MD 21702 1201, USA
Development 131:5185-95. 2004..Furthermore, they demonstrate that many of the dramatic effects previously reported by pharmacological or immuno-depletion approaches do not reflect physiological developmental roles of TrkA in the immune system...
- Signaling by the kinase MINK is essential in the negative selection of autoreactive thymocytesNami McCarty
Department of Cancer Immunology and AIDS, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nat Immunol 6:65-72. 2005....
- Negative regulation of lymphocyte activation by the adaptor protein LAXMinghua Zhu
Department of Immunology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Immunol 174:5612-9. 2005..Our data demonstrate that LAX functions as a negative regulator in lymphocyte signaling...
- Competition controls the rate of transition between the peripheral pools of CD4+CD25- and CD4+CD25+ T cellsAfonso R M Almeida
Lymphocyte Population Biology Unit, URA CNRS 1961, Institut Pasteur, 28 rue du Dr Roux, 75015 Paris, France
Int Immunol 18:1607-13. 2006..Our results attest for the role of competition in the contribution of different T-cell subsets for the regeneration of the peripheral CD4+ T-cell pool during lymphopenia...
- p16INK4A tumor suppressor gene expression and CD3epsilon deficiency but not pre-TCR deficiency inhibit TAL1-linked T-lineage leukemogenesisMagali Fasseu
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U462, Institut Universitaire d Hematologie, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Blood 110:2610-9. 2007..We also show that the CD3epsilon-mediated signal transduction pathway is essential for this transformation process, since the ..
- Stat5 is required for IL-2-induced cell cycle progression of peripheral T cellsR Moriggl
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, and Department of Biochemistry, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Immunity 10:249-59. 1999..These phenotypes are not seen in mice lacking Stat5a or Stat5b alone. The results demonstrate that the Stat5 proteins, redundantly, are essential mediators of IL-2 signaling in T cells...
- Self-recognition is crucial for maintaining the peripheral CD4+ T-cell pool in a nonlymphopenic environmentBruno Martin
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U561, Saint Vincent de Paul Hospital, Paris, France
Blood 108:270-7. 2006....
- Chromosomal localization of uroplakin genes of cattle and miceA M Ryan
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, Texas A and M University, College Station 77843
Mamm Genome 4:656-61. 1993..Our results also suggest likely positions for two human uroplakin genes and should facilitate further analysis of their possible involvement in disease...
- Biochemical analysis of the Xenopus laevis TCR/CD3 complex supports the "stepwise evolution" modelT W Göbel
Institute for Animal Physiology, Munich, Germany
Eur J Immunol 30:2775-81. 2000..Removal of N-linked carbohydrates yielded CD3 proteins of 19 kDa and 16.5 kDa, most likely representing the CD3epsilon and CD3gamma/delta homologues, respectively...
- Lck dependence of signaling pathways activated by gamma-irradiation and CD3 epsilon engagement in RAG-1(-/-)-immature thymocytesG Wu
Wellesley Hospital Research Institute, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Int Immunol 8:1159-64. 1996..Here we demonstrate that gamma-irradiation activates an Lck-dependent signaling process in immature thymocytes similar to that initiated physiologically by the pre-TCR complex...
- Peripheral CD8+CD25+ T lymphocytes from MHC class II-deficient mice exhibit regulatory activityBoris Bienvenu
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U561, Hopital Saint Vincent de Paul, Paris, France
J Immunol 175:246-53. 2005..TNFR family-related gene, CTLA-4 and Foxp3, produce IL-10, and inhibit CD25(-) T cell responses to anti-CD3 stimulation through cell contacts with similar efficiency to CD4(+)CD25(+) T cells...
- Deletion of the Ig kappa light chain intronic enhancer/matrix attachment region impairs but does not abolish V kappa J kappa rearrangementY Xu
Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02139, USA
Immunity 4:377-85. 1996..In addition, little V kappa J kappa rearrangement could be detected in B cells derived from E kappa NI ES cells, demonstrating that an inserted PGK-neo(r) gene dominantly suppresses V kappa J kappa rearrangement...
- TCRA gene rearrangement in immature thymocytes in absence of CD3, pre-TCR, and TCR signalingS J Mancini
Laboratoire d Immunochimie, Commissariat a l Energie Atomique Grenoble, Departement de Biologie Moleculaire et Structurale, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U548, Universite Joseph Fourier, Grenoble, France
J Immunol 167:4485-93. 2001..massively rearranged only after productively rearranged TCRB genes are expressed in association with pTalpha and CD3 complex molecules within a pre-TCR...