Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ccr6
Description: chemokine (C-C motif) receptor 6
Alias: CC-CKR-6, CCR-6, Cmkbr6, KY411, C-C chemokine receptor type 6
- CCR6 expression distinguishes mouse myeloid and lymphoid dendritic cell subsets: demonstration using a CCR6 EGFP knock-in mouseTorsten Kucharzik
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Eur J Immunol 32:104-12. 2002..To determine how CCR6 influences cell trafficking, a mutant allele of the mouse CCR6 gene was produced that includes an enhanced green ..
- Defensin-related peptide 1 (Defr1) is allelic to Defb8 and chemoattracts immature DC and CD4+ T cells independently of CCR6Karen Taylor
MRC Human Genetics Unit, Institute of Genetics and Molecular Medicine Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Eur J Immunol 39:1353-60. 2009..Beta-defensins have previously been shown to attract iDC through CC receptor 6 (CCR6) but neither Defr1 or its related peptides nor Defb8, chemoattract cells overexpressing CCR6...
- Cloning and characterization of a novel murine beta chemokine receptor, D6. Comparison to three other related macrophage inflammatory protein-1alpha receptors, CCR-1, CCR-3, and CCR-5R J Nibbs
Cancer Research Campaign Laboratories, The Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Garscube Estate, Switchback Road, Bearsden, Glasgow G61 1BD, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 272:12495-504. 1997....
- Epidermal CCR6+ γδ T cells are major producers of IL-22 and IL-17 in a murine model of psoriasiform dermatitisTomotaka Mabuchi
Department of Dermatology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
J Immunol 187:5026-31. 2011..dermatitis in mice, we demonstrate that IL-22, IL-17A, and the IL-23R were highly enriched in a population of CCR6(+), TCR γδ-low expressing (GDL) T cells that accumulated in the epidermis after IL-23 injections...
- CCR6 is required for epidermal trafficking of γδ-T cells in an IL-23-induced model of psoriasiform dermatitisTomotaka Mabuchi
Department of Dermatology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, USA
J Invest Dermatol 133:164-71. 2013A subset of CC chemokine receptor-6(+) (CCR6(+)), γδ-low (GDL) T cells that express Th17 cytokines in mouse skin participates in IL-23-induced psoriasiform dermatitis...
- Tumor-associated macrophages recruit CCR6+ regulatory T cells and promote the development of colorectal cancer via enhancing CCL20 production in miceJinlin Liu
Shanghai Institute of Immunology, Institute of Medical Sciences, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
PLoS ONE 6:e19495. 2011..FoxP3(+) regulatory T (Treg)-cells dominantly infiltrate CRC. However, the underlying molecular mechanism in which TAMs may contribute to the trafficking of Treg-cells to the tumor mass remains unknown...
- Plasmin plays an essential role in amplification of psoriasiform skin inflammation in miceQun Li
Department of Hypertension of Shanghai Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Institute of Hypertension and Institute of Health Sciences, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine and Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China
PLoS ONE 6:e16483. 2011..Although increased levels of plasminogen activators have been found in psoriatic lesions, the role of plasmin converted from plasminogen by plasminogen activators in pathogenesis of psoriasis has not been investigated...
- CCR6-dependent recruitment of blood phagocytes is necessary for rapid CD4 T cell responses to local bacterial infectionRajesh Ravindran
Center for Infectious Diseases and Microbiology Translational Research, Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:12075-80. 2007The contribution of CCR6 and phagocyte recruitment to the initiation of T cell responses to a local pathogen is unclear. CD4 T cell activation to an injected soluble antigen occurred rapidly and was completely CCR6-independent...
- The chemokine receptor CCR6 is an important component of the innate immune responseHaitao Wen
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Eur J Immunol 37:2487-98. 2007In our initial studies we found that naïve CCR6-deficient (CCR6(-/-)) C57BL/6 mice possessed significantly lower number of both F4/80(+) macrophages and dendritic cells (DC), but higher number of B cells in the peritoneal cavity, as ..
- CCR6 marks regulatory T cells as a colon-tropic, IL-10-producing phenotypeKazuya Kitamura
Mucosal Immunobiology Section, Laboratory of Molecular Immunology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Immunol 185:3295-304. 2010Expression of CCR6 and its ligand, CCL20, are increased in the colon of humans with inflammatory bowel diseases and mice with experimental colitis; however, their role in disease pathogenesis remains obscure...
- Preferential recruitment of CCR6-expressing Th17 cells to inflamed joints via CCL20 in rheumatoid arthritis and its animal modelKeiji Hirota
Department of Experimental Pathology, Institute for Frontier Medical Sciences, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
J Exp Med 204:2803-12. 2007..Th17 cells induced in vivo in normal mice via homeostatic proliferation similarly express CCR6, whereas those inducible in vitro by transforming growth factor beta and IL-6 additionally need IL-1 and ..
- CCL20/CCR6 blockade enhances immunity to RSV by impairing recruitment of DCLara E Kallal
Department of Molecular and Cellular Pathology, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Eur J Immunol 40:1042-52. 2010..Chemokine receptor 6 (CCR6) is found on immature DC and effector/memory T cells, and binds a single ligand, CCL20, with high affinity...
- Specific binding and chemotactic activity of mBD4 and its functional orthologue hBD2 to CCR6-expressing cellsJohann Röhrl
Institute of Immunology, University of Regensburg, Regensburg D 93042, Germany
J Biol Chem 285:7028-34. 2010..innate inflammatory and systemic adaptive immune responses, which are in part mediated by the CC-chemokine receptor CCR6. Here we report the expression of recombinant mBD4 and its human orthologue hBD2 fused to the constant domain of ..
- CCR6 and NK1.1 distinguish between IL-17A and IFN-gamma-producing gammadelta effector T cellsJan D Haas
Hannover Medical School, Institute for Immunology, Hannover, Germany
Eur J Immunol 39:3488-97. 2009..gammadelta T cells of the adult thymus are segregated into two lineages by the mutually exclusive expression of CCR6 and NK1.1. Only CCR6+ gammadelta T cells produced IL-17A, while NK1...
- CCR6 is required for IL-23-induced psoriasis-like inflammation in miceMichael N Hedrick
Inflammation Biology Section, Laboratory of Molecular Immunology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Clin Invest 119:2317-29. 2009..Th17 cells produce IL-22 and display CCR6, the CCL20 receptor; CCR6+ T cells and CCL20 are abundant in psoriatic skin...
- Mice deficient for CCR6 fail to control chronic experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitisAdam Elhofy
Department of Pathology, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago IL 60611, USA
J Neuroimmunol 213:91-9. 2009..In the present study, we investigated the role of the CCL20 receptor, CCR6, in chronic EAE...
- Tracing functional antigen-specific CCR6 Th17 cells after vaccinationJohann Pötzl
Institute of Immunology, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
PLoS ONE 3:e2951. 2008..CC-chemokine receptor 6 (CCR6) is a trait of tissue-homing effector T cells and has recently been described as a receptor on T helper type 17 (..
- CCR6 regulates EAE pathogenesis by controlling regulatory CD4+ T-cell recruitment to target tissuesRicardo Villares
Department of Immunology and Oncology, Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia CSIC, Madrid, Spain
Eur J Immunol 39:1671-81. 2009..We studied CCR6 function in EAE, a CD4(+) T-cell-mediated CNS disease characterized by mononuclear infiltration and demyelination...
- Lymphoid tissue genesis induced by commensals through NOD1 regulates intestinal homeostasisDjahida Bouskra
Institut Pasteur, Laboratory of Lymphoid Tissue Development, CNRS, URA1961
Nature 456:507-10. 2008..receptor in epithelial cells, and beta-defensin 3- and CCL20-mediated signalling through the chemokine receptor CCR6. Maturation of ILFs into large B-cell clusters requires subsequent detection of bacteria by toll-like receptors...
- CCR6 regulates the migration of inflammatory and regulatory T cellsTomohide Yamazaki
Department of Immunology, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Immunol 181:8391-401. 2008..In this study, we report that these two T cell subsets both express CCR6. CCR6 expression in Th17 cells is regulated by TGF-beta and requires two nuclear receptors, RORalpha and RORgamma...
- The roles of CCR6 in migration of Th17 cells and regulation of effector T-cell balance in the gutC Wang
Laboratory of Immunology and Hematopoiesis, Department of Comparative Pathobiology, Purdue Cancer Center, Bindley Bioscience Center, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, USA
Mucosal Immunol 2:173-83. 2009..We report that Th17 cells preferentially migrate to the intestine and associated lymphoid tissues, and CCR6 is the homing receptor important for Th17 cell migration to certain tissue microenvironments of the intestine such ..
- Inhibition of CCR6 function reduces the severity of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis via effects on the priming phase of the immune responseAdrian Liston
School of Molecular and Biomedical Science, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
J Immunol 182:3121-30. 2009..The chemokine ligand/receptor pairing CCL20/CCR6 is interesting because these molecules display characteristics of both homeostatic and activation functions...
- C-C chemokine receptor 6-regulated entry of TH-17 cells into the CNS through the choroid plexus is required for the initiation of EAEAndrea Reboldi
Institute for Research in Biomedicine, Bellinzona, Switzerland
Nat Immunol 10:514-23. 2009..Here we found that mice lacking CCR6, a chemokine receptor characteristic of T(H)-17 cells, developed T(H)-17 responses but were highly resistant to the ..
- Molecular cloning, functional characterization and mRNA expression analysis of the murine chemokine receptor CCR6 and its specific ligand MIP-3alphaR Varona
Departamento de Immunología y Onocología, Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Cantoblanco, Spain
FEBS Lett 440:188-94. 1998We have cloned the murine CCR6 receptor and its ligand, the beta-chemokine mMIP-3alpha. Calcium mobilization assays performed with mCCR6 transfectants showed significant responses upon addition of mMIP-3alpha...
- CCR6 mediates dendritic cell localization, lymphocyte homeostasis, and immune responses in mucosal tissueD N Cook
Department of Immunology, Schering Plough Research Institute, Kenilworth, New Jersey 07033, USA
Immunity 12:495-503. 2000..Here, we demonstrate that in mice lacking the chemokine receptor CCR6, dendritic cells expressing CD11c and CD11b are absent from the subepithelial dome of Peyer's patches...
- CCR6-mediated dendritic cell activation of pathogen-specific T cells in Peyer's patchesRosa Maria Salazar-Gonzalez
Department of Medicine, GI Division and Center for Infectious Diseases and Microbiology Translational Research, University of Minnesota Medical School, McGuire Translational Research Facility, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Immunity 24:623-32. 2006..This DC subset is characterized by the expression of the chemokine receptor CCR6 and is found only in PPs...
- Dendritic cells rapidly recruited into epithelial tissues via CCR6/CCL20 are responsible for CD8+ T cell crosspriming in vivoMarie Le Borgne
INSERM U404 Immunité et Vaccination, IFR128 Biosciences Lyon Gerland, F 69365 Lyon, France
Immunity 24:191-201. 2006..Gr1+ monocytes, precedes the sequential accumulation of CD11c+ MHC class II+ DCs in dermis and epithelium via a CCR6/CCL20-dependent mechanism...
- Langerhans cells arise from monocytes in vivoFlorent Ginhoux
Department of Gene and Cell Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
Nat Immunol 7:265-73. 2006..These results identify Gr-1(hi) monocytes as the direct precursors for LCs in vivo and establish the importance of the CSF-1 receptor in this process...
- CCR6-deficient mice have impaired leukocyte homeostasis and altered contact hypersensitivity and delayed-type hypersensitivity responsesR Varona
Departamento de Inmunologia y Oncologia, Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Cantoblanco, Madrid, Spain
J Clin Invest 107:R37-45. 2001b>CCR6 expression in dendritic, T, and B cells suggests that this beta-chemokine receptor may regulate the migration and recruitment of antigen-presenting and immunocompetent cells during inflammatory and immunological responses...
- Requirement for the chemokine receptor CCR6 in allergic pulmonary inflammationN W Lukacs
Department of Immunology, Schering Plough Research Institute, Kenilworth, NJ 07033, USA
J Exp Med 194:551-5. 2001..To determine the biologic relevance of this expression, mice lacking CCR6, the only known receptor for MIP-3alpha, were studied for their response to CA...
- CCL9 is secreted by the follicle-associated epithelium and recruits dome region Peyer's patch CD11b+ dendritic cellsXinyan Zhao
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health and Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
J Immunol 171:2797-803. 2003..distributed in the subepithelial dome regions of the Peyer's patches, and mice deficient in the receptor for CCL20, CCR6, have been reported to be devoid of the CD11b(+) DCs in the dome regions...
- CCR6 has a non-redundant role in the development of inflammatory bowel diseaseRosa Varona
Departamento de Inmunologia y Oncologia, Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia CSIC, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Eur J Immunol 33:2937-46. 2003..of intestinal mucosa, as deduced from the defects in intestinal leukocyte homeostasis shown by mice lacking CCR6, the CCL20 receptor. We studied the response of CCR6-deficient mice in two models of inflammatory bowel disease...
- CCR6 expression defines regulatory effector/memory-like cells within the CD25(+)CD4+ T-cell subsetMarkus Kleinewietfeld
Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Robert Rossle Str 10, 13125 Berlin, Germany
Blood 105:2877-86. 2005..In this study we show that the chemokine receptor CCR6 is expressed on a distinct subset of mouse Treg cells...
- Impaired lung dendritic cell activation in CCR2 knockout miceBo Chin Chiu
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, USA
Am J Pathol 165:1199-209. 2004..To determine the role of chemokines in DC mobilization, we applied this analysis to CCR1, CCR2, CCR5, and CCR6 chemokine receptor knockout mice...
- Protective immunity and delayed type hypersensitivity reaction are uncoupled in experimental Leishmania major infection of CCR6-negative miceAnja Lechner
Nachwuchsgruppe 1 des Interdisziplinären Zentrums für Klinische Forschung am Nikolaus Fiebiger Zentrum der Universität Erlangen Nürnberg, Erlangen, Germany
Microbes Infect 9:291-9. 2007The chemokine receptor CCR6 is expressed on naïve B cells, dendritic cell and T-cell subpopulations and is involved in cell navigation during organogenesis and recruitment in response to inflammatory stimuli...
- Identification and characterization of latency-associated peptide-expressing γδ T cellsRafael M Rezende
Ann Romney Center for Neurologic Diseases, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nat Commun 6:8726. 2015..Identification of TCRγδ+LAP+ regulatory cells provides an avenue for understanding immune regulation and biologic processes linked to intestinal function and disease. ..
- The C-C chemokine receptor 6 (CCR6) is crucial for Th2-driven allergic conjunctivitisSo Hyang Chung
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Seoul St Mary s Hospital, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea Catholic Institute of Visual Science, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea Electronic address
Clin Immunol 161:110-9. 2015..Although CCL20-CCR6 axis has been reported to play a proinflammatory role in several murine models of autoimmune diseases including ..
- Expression of the chemokine decoy receptor D6 mediates dendritic cell function and promotes corneal allograft rejectionAmir R Hajrasouliha
Schepens Eye Research Institute, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
Mol Vis 19:2517-25. 2013..To identify the role of chemokine receptor 6 (D6) expression by dendritic cells (DCs) and its role in corneal transplant immunity...
- Effects of chemokine receptor signalling on cognition-like, emotion-like and sociability behaviours of CCR6 and CCR7 knockout miceE J Jaehne
Discipline of Psychiatry, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
Behav Brain Res 261:31-9. 2014..We have compared the cognition-like behaviour (learning and spatial memory) of CCR6(-/-) and CCR7(-/-) mice with wild type (WT) C57BL/6 mice, in the Barnes maze, as well as a range of other ..
- Potential roles of CCR5(+) CCR6(+) dendritic cells induced by nasal ovalbumin plus Flt3 ligand expressing adenovirus for mucosal IgA responsesYoshiko Fukuyama
Departments of Pediatric Dentistry and Microbiology, The Immunobiology Vaccine Center, The Institute of Oral Health Research, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e60453. 2013We assessed the role of CCR5(+)/CCR6(+)/CD11b(+)/CD11c(+) dendritic cells (DCs) for induction of ovalbumin (OVA)-specific antibody (Ab) responses following mucosal immunization...
- Respiratory syncytial virus infection modifies and accelerates pulmonary disease via DC activation and migrationSihyug Jang
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Leukoc Biol 94:5-15. 2013..With the use of CCR6-/- mice that have a primary defect in the recruitment of mDC subsets, reduced exacerbation of disease was observed ..
- Regulatory T cells are strong promoters of acute ischemic stroke in mice by inducing dysfunction of the cerebral microvasculatureChristoph Kleinschnitz
Department of Neurology, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
Blood 121:679-91. 2013..6 Tesla. In contrast, established immunoregulatory characteristics of Tregs had no functional relevance. We define herein a novel and unexpected role of Tregs in a primary nonimmunologic disease state...
- γδ T Cells Support Pancreatic Oncogenesis by Restraining αβ T Cell ActivationDonnele Daley
S Arthur Localio Laboratory, Department of Surgery, New York University School of Medicine, 430 East 29th Street, New York, NY 10016, USA Department of Cell Biology, New York University School of Medicine, 430 East 29th Street, New York, NY 10016, USA
Cell 166:1485-1499.e15. 2016..We describe γδT cells as central regulators of effector T cell activation in cancer via novel cross-talk...
- Requirement for CD28 in Effector Regulatory T Cell Differentiation, CCR6 Induction, and Skin HomingRuan Zhang
Center for Transplantation Sciences, Department of Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02129
J Immunol 195:4154-61. 2015..Although these mice have normal numbers of Tregs, these cells have lower levels of CTLA-4, PD-1, and CCR6, and the animals develop systemic autoimmunity characterized by prominent skin inflammation...
- Leukocyte attraction by CCL20 and its receptor CCR6 in humans and mice with pneumococcal meningitisMatthias Klein
Department of Neurology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
PLoS ONE 9:e93057. 2014..Here we studied the role of CCL20 and its receptor CCR6 in pneumococcal meningitis...
- Chemokine receptors CCR6 and CXCR3 are necessary for CD4(+) T cell mediated ocular surface disease in experimental dry eye diseaseTerry G Coursey
Ocular Surface Center, Dept of Ophthalmology, Cullen Eye Institute, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e78508. 2013..Here, we demonstrate that the chemokine receptors, CCR6 and CXCR3, which are expressed on Th17 and Th1 cells, respectively, are required for the pathogenesis of dry eye ..
- Chemokine receptor CCR6-dependent accumulation of γδ T cells in injured liver restricts hepatic inflammation and fibrosisLinda Hammerich
Department of Medicine III, RWTH University Hospital Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Hepatology 59:630-42. 2014..We hypothesized a contribution of chemokine receptor CCR6 and its ligand, CCL20, which may regulate migration of T-helper (Th)17, regulatory, and gamma-delta (γδ) T cells...
- CCR6 is transiently upregulated on B cells after activation and modulates the germinal center reaction in the mouseFlorian Wiede
Comparative Genomics Center, James Cook University, Townsville, Queensland, Australia
Immunol Cell Biol 91:335-9. 2013The CC-chemokine receptor 6 (CCR6) is expressed constitutively at an intermediate level on naïve B cells and is upregulated after activation on pregerminal center (GC) B cells...
- Human beta-defensin 2 and 3 and their mouse orthologs induce chemotaxis through interaction with CCR2Johann Röhrl
Laboratory of Molecular Immunoregulation, Cancer and Inflammation Program, Division of Basic Science, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
J Immunol 184:6688-94. 2010..family members to chemoattract immature dendritic cells and CD45RO+ CD4+ T cells through chemokine receptor CCR6. However, because beta-defensins also chemoattract macrophages and monocytes, which do not express CCR6, efforts ..
- The importance of CCR4 and CCR6 in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitisKota Moriguchi
Division of Neurology, Department of Internal Medicine 3, National Defense Medical College, Tokorozawa, Japan
J Neuroimmunol 257:53-8. 2013..We examined the role of CCR6 and CCR4 in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE) by using CCR6(-/-)CCR4(-/-) double knockout (DKO) and ..
- Luminal bacteria recruit CD103+ dendritic cells into the intestinal epithelium to sample bacterial antigens for presentationJulia Farache
Department of Immunology, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Immunity 38:581-95. 2013..Intestinal CD103+ DCs are therefore equipped with unique mechanisms to independently complete the processes of uptake, transportation, and presentation of bacterial antigens...
- Chemokines play a critical role in the cross-regulation of Th1 and Th17 immune responses in murine crescentic glomerulonephritisHans Joachim Paust
III Medizinische Klinik, Universitatsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Kidney Int 82:72-83. 2012..stage, Th1 cell-derived IFN-γ was found to inhibit local chemokine CCL20 expression, acting through its receptor CCR6 on Th17 cells, thereby limiting the renal Th17 immune response...
- Mouse β-defensin 14 (Defb14) promotes tumor growth by inducing angiogenesis in a CCR6-dependent mannerJohann Röhrl
Department of Immunology, University of Regensburg, 93053 Regensburg, Germany
J Immunol 188:4931-9. 2012..promote local innate inflammatory and systemic adaptive immune responses, mediated in part by the interaction with CCR6. We found that mouse β-defensin 14 (mBD14, Defb14), a newly identified member of the mouse β-defensin superfamily,..
- Stress-induced production of chemokines by hair follicles regulates the trafficking of dendritic cells in skinKeisuke Nagao
Department of Dermatology, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Nat Immunol 13:744-52. 2012..Gr-1(hi) monocyte-derived precursors of LCs whose epidermal entry was dependent on the chemokine receptors CCR2 and CCR6, whereas the chemokine receptor CCR8 inhibited the recruitment of LCs...
- CD8- dendritic cells and macrophages cross-present poly(D,L-lactate-co-glycolate) acid microsphere-encapsulated antigen in vivoChristopher Schliehe
Division of Immunology, Department of Biology, Constance University, 78457 Konstanz, Germany
J Immunol 187:2112-21. 2011..Moreover, immune responses in BATF3 knockout mice lacking CD8(+) DCs were normal. The results presented in this work strongly suggest that in vivo cross-priming of PLGA MS-encapsulated Ag is performed by CD8(-) DCs and MΦs...
- CXCR3-dependent recruitment and CCR6-mediated positioning of Th-17 cells in the inflamed liverYe Htun Oo
Centre for Liver Research and NIHR Biomedical Research Unit in Liver Disease, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, United Kingdom
J Hepatol 57:1044-51. 2012..IL-17 secreting CD4 (Th17) and CD8 (Tc17) T cells have been implicated in immune-mediated liver diseases, but the molecular basis for their recruitment and positioning within the liver is unknown...
- An early reduction in Treg cells correlates with enhanced local inflammation in cutaneous leishmaniasis in CCR6-deficient miceThomas Barth
Institute of Immunology, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e44499. 2012..The chemokine receptor CCR6 is shared by anti-inflammatory regulatory T cells and pro-inflammatory Th17 cells...
- Th9 cells promote antitumor immune responses in vivoYong Lu
Department of Lymphoma and Myeloma, Division of Cancer Medicine, and Center for Cancer Immunology Research, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Clin Invest 122:4160-71. 2012..Th9 cells also elicited strong host antitumor CD8+ CTL responses by promoting Ccl20/Ccr6-dependent recruitment of DCs to the tumor tissues...
- Two distinct types of Langerhans cells populate the skin during steady state and inflammationKristin Seré
Institute for Biomedical Engineering, Department of Cell Biology, Medical Faculty, RWTH Aachen University, 52074 Aachen, Germany
Immunity 37:905-16. 2012..Our data demonstrate the presence of two types of LCs that develop through different pathways in inflammation and steady state...
- IL-17A secretion by CD8+ T cells supports Th17-mediated autoimmune encephalomyelitisMagdalena Huber
Institute for Medical Microbiology and Hygiene, University of Marburg, Marburg, Germany
J Clin Invest 123:247-60. 2013..Our results reveal that Tc17 cells contribute to the initiation of CNS autoimmunity in mice and humans by supporting Th17 cell pathogenicity...
- Programmed downregulation of CCR6 is important for establishment of epidermal γδT cells by regulating their thymic egress and epidermal locationShaomin Hu
Department of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences, Center for Molecular Immunology and Infectious Disease, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
J Immunol 190:3267-75. 2013..We report in this study that the temporally and spatially regulated downregulation of chemokine receptor CCR6 on fetal thymic Vγ3(+) epidermal γδT precursors is involved in their thymic egress and proper localization in ..
- CCR6 regulates the function of alloreactive and regulatory CD4+ T cells during acute graft-versus-host diseaseRosa Varona
Departamento de Inmunologia y Oncologia, Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia CSIC, Darwin 3, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Cantoblanco, E 28049, Madrid, Spain
Leuk Lymphoma 47:1469-76. 2006The chemokine receptor CCR6 is expressed by CD4+ T cell effector/memory and regulatory effector/memory (TREM) subsets...
- A Cxcl12-CXCR4 chemokine signaling pathway defines the initial trajectory of mammalian motor axonsIvo Lieberam
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, New York, New York 10032, USA
Neuron 47:667-79. 2005..In its absence, these neurons adopt a dMN-like trajectory, despite preservation of their vMN transcriptional identity. Thus, the status of Cxcr4 signaling helps to determine the initial axonal trajectory of mammalian motor neurons...
- Lymphoid precursors in intestinal cryptopatches express CCR6 and undergo dysregulated development in the absence of CCR6Andreas Lugering
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Immunol 171:2208-15. 2003..We found that mice deficient in CCR6 exhibited a 2.7-fold increase in the number of alphabeta TCR IEL, but little or no expansion of gammadelta TCR IEL...
- Cigarette smoke-induced pulmonary inflammation and emphysema are attenuated in CCR6-deficient miceKen R Bracke
Department of Respiratory Diseases, Ghent University Hospital 7K12IE, De Pintelaan 185, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
J Immunol 177:4350-9. 2006..The chemokine receptor CCR6 and its ligand MIP-3alpha/CCL20 may be involved in the recruitment of these inflammatory cells...
- Absence of CCR6 inhibits CD4+ regulatory T-cell development and M-cell formation inside Peyer's patchesAndreas Lugering
Department of Medicine B, University of Munster, Albert Schweitzer Strasse 33, D 48129 Munster, Germany
Am J Pathol 166:1647-54. 2005..FAE) covering intestinal Peyer's patches (PPs) and is the only known chemokine ligand for the chemokine receptor CCR6. Although CCR6-deficient mice are known to have a perturbed intestinal immune system, little is known about the ..
- CCR6 regulates CD4+ T-cell-mediated acute graft-versus-host disease responsesRosa Varona
Departamento de Inmunologia y Oncologia, Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia CSIC, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Cantoblanco, Madrid, Spain
Blood 106:18-26. 2005We studied the role of chemokine receptor CCR6 in acute graft-versus-host disease (GvHD), a pathology in which activated, host antigen-specific donor T cells selectively damage tissues such as skin, liver, and gut...
- Attenuation of allergen-induced responses in CCR6-/- mice is dependent upon altered pulmonary T lymphocyte activationSteven K Lundy
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Immunol 174:2054-60. 2005We have established a defect in CCR6-/- mice in response to a cockroach allergen airway challenge characterized by decreased IL-5 production, reduced CD4+ T and B cells as well as decreased eosinophil accumulation...
- Airway infiltration of CD4+ CCR6+ Th17 type cells associated with chronic cigarette smoke induced airspace enlargementOliver J Harrison
Respiratory Center of Excellence for Drug Discovery, GlaxoSmithKline, King of Prussia, PA, USA
Immunol Lett 121:13-21. 2008..Th17 subset demonstrated that the majority of cells with this effector phenotype express the chemokine receptor CCR6. Together these data identify a novel T cell subset associated with pulmonary inflammation as a result of cigarette ..
- Eye mucosa: an efficient vaccine delivery route for inducing protective immunityKyoung Yul Seo
Institute for Vision Research, Department of Ophthalmology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Immunol 185:3610-9. 2010..On the basis of these findings, we propose that the eyedrop route is an alternative to mucosal routes for administering vaccines...
- Gr1(+) inflammatory monocytes are required for mucosal resistance to the pathogen Toxoplasma gondiiIldiko R Dunay
Department of Molecular Microbiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Immunity 29:306-17. 2008..Collectively, these findings illustrate the critical importance of inflammatory monocytes as a first line of defense in controlling intestinal pathogens...
- SOCS1 regulates CCR7 expression and migration of CD4+ T cells into peripheral tissuesCheng Rong Yu
Laboratory of Immunology, Molecular Immunology Section, National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Immunol 181:1190-8. 2008..b>CCR6 and CXCR3 are also up-regulated on SOCS1-deficient T cells and in situ analysis of the cornea or retina further ..
- A functional role for CCR6 on proallergic T cells in the gastrointestinal tractAna Belen Blazquez
Jaffe Food Allergy Institute, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
Gastroenterology 138:275-84.e1-4. 2010..T cells expressing T helper cell (Th) 2 cytokines are critical for experimental food allergy, and we hypothesized that CCL20 is involved in the localization of these cells to the gut...
- In vivo equilibrium of proinflammatory IL-17+ and regulatory IL-10+ Foxp3+ RORgamma t+ T cellsMatthias Lochner
Laboratory of Lymphoid Tissue Development, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique URA1961, Institut Pasteur, Paris 75724, France
J Exp Med 205:1381-93. 2008....
- Resistance of chemokine receptor 6-deficient mice to Yersinia enterocolitica infection: evidence of defective M-cell formation in vivoSabine Westphal
Department of Medicine B, University of Muenster, Albert Schweitzer Strasse 33, D 48149 Muenster, Germany
Am J Pathol 172:671-80. 2008M cells, specialized cells within Peyer's patches (PPs), are reduced in number in chemokine receptor 6 (CCR6)-deficient mice...
- Blood-derived dermal langerin+ dendritic cells survey the skin in the steady stateFlorent Ginhoux
Department of Gene and Cell Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Exp Med 204:3133-46. 2007..We propose that this is an important and previously unappreciated element of immunosurveillance that needs to be taken into account in the design of novel vaccine strategies...
- CCR6 identifies lymphoid tissue inducer cells within cryptopatchesA Lugering
Department of Medicine B, University of Munster, Munster, Germany
Clin Exp Immunol 160:440-9. 2010The chemokine receptor CCR6 is expressed by dendritic cells, B and T cells predominantly within the organized structures of the gut-associated lymphatic tissue...
- CCR6 recruits regulatory T cells and Th17 cells to the kidney in glomerulonephritisJan Eric Turner
Ill Medizinische Klinik, Hamburg, Germany
J Am Soc Nephrol 21:974-85. 2010..renal FoxP3+CD4+ regulatory T cells (Tregs) and IL-17-producing CD4+ T (Th17) cells express the chemokine receptor CCR6, whereas IFNgamma-producing Th1 cells are CCR6-...
- CCR6 and CCL20: partners in intestinal immunity and lymphorganogenesisIfor R Williams
Department of Pathology, Emory University School of Medicine, Whitehead 105D, 615 Michael Street, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1072:52-61. 2006The CCR6 chemokine receptor is expressed by most B cells and subsets of T cells and dendritic cells (DCs) found in the gut mucosal immune system...
- Essential role of CCR6 in directing activated T cells to the skin during contact hypersensitivityTimothy J Paradis
Department of Immunology, Pfizer Global Research and Development, Groton, Connecticut 06340, USA
J Invest Dermatol 128:628-33. 2008b>CCR6 is expressed in a number of dermatological inflammatory diseases. Here, we report that mice sensitized with the hapten oxazolone had increased numbers of CCR6+ T cells in the draining lymph nodes...
- Cysteine-cysteinyl chemokine receptor 6 mediates invariant natural killer T cell airway recruitment and innate stage resistance during mycobacterial infectionValerie R Stolberg
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School Ann Arbor, Ann Arbor, Mich, USA
J Innate Immun 3:99-108. 2011This study examined the contribution of cysteine-cysteinyl chemokine receptor 6 (CCR6) to the innate pulmonary antimycobacterial immune response...
- Chemokine receptor CCR2 but not CCR5 or CCR6 mediates the increase in pulmonary dendritic cells during allergic airway inflammationLander J Robays
Department of Respiratory Diseases, Ghent University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
J Immunol 178:5305-11. 2007..Using this approach, we show that CCR2, but not CCR5 or CCR6, directly controls the accumulation of DCs into allergic lungs...
- IL-22 is produced by γC-independent CD25+ CCR6+ innate murine spleen cells upon inflammatory stimuli and contributes to LPS-induced lethalityLaure Dumoutier
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Brussels Branch, Belgium
Eur J Immunol 41:1075-85. 2011..gene (Rag2)-deficient mice, and correspond to a discrete innate lymphoid cell population expressing CD25, CCR6 and IL-7R...
- CCR6hiCD11c(int) B cells promote M-cell differentiation in Peyer's patchMasashi Ebisawa
Laboratory for Epithelial Immunobiology, Research Center for Allergy and Immunology, RIKEN, Yokohama, Kanagawa 230 0045, Japan
Int Immunol 23:261-9. 2011..We found that a unique B-cell subset characterized by CCR6(hi)CD11c(int) resided in the subepithelial dome (SED) in mouse PP...
- Cigarette smoking alters epithelial apoptosis and immune composition in murine GALTStephanie Verschuere
Department of Pathology, Ghent University, Belgium
Lab Invest 91:1056-67. 2011..Several chemokines are implicated in the pathogenesis, among which is the CCL20-CCR6 pathway...
- CC chemokine receptor 6 expression by B lymphocytes is essential for the development of isolated lymphoid folliclesKeely G McDonald
Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Am J Pathol 170:1229-40. 2007..Because CC chemokine receptor 6 (CCR6) deficiency affects the generation of mucosal immune responses, we evaluated a potential role for CCR6 in the ..
- Chemokine receptor requirements for epidermal T-cell traffickingNoah J Tubo
Department of Dermatology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Pathol 178:2496-503. 2011Inflamed skin contains CD4 T-cell subsets that express chemokine receptors CCR4, CCR6, and/or CCR10. Prior attempts to reveal the distinct role(s) of each receptor in T-cell trafficking to skin have not produced a coherent story...
- Mouse and human lung fibroblasts regulate dendritic cell trafficking, airway inflammation, and fibrosis through integrin αvβ8-mediated activation of TGF-βHideya Kitamura
Department of Pathology, UCSF, San Francisco, California, USA
J Clin Invest 121:2863-75. 2011..Our data therefore indicate that fibroblasts have a crucial role in regulating both fibrotic and immune responses in the lung...
- Genetic deletion of chemokine receptor Ccr6 decreases atherogenesis in ApoE-deficient miceWuzhou Wan
Laboratory of Molecular Immunology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Circ Res 109:374-81. 2011The chemokine receptor Ccr6 is a G-protein-coupled receptor expressed on various types of leukocytes identified in mouse atherosclerotic lesions...
- CCR6/CCR10-mediated plasmacytoid dendritic cell recruitment to inflamed epithelia after instruction in lymphoid tissuesVanja Sisirak
Universite de Lyon, France
Blood 118:5130-40. 2011..Here, we report that, unlike blood pDCs, a subset of tonsil pDCs express functional CCR6 and CCR10, and their respective ligands CCL20 and CCL27are detected in inflamed epithelia contacting blood ..
- CCR2 and CCR6, but not endothelial selectins, mediate the accumulation of immature dendritic cells within the lungs of mice in response to particulate antigenJohn J Osterholzer
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Section, Medical Service, Department of Veterans Affairs Health System, 2215 Fuller Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
J Immunol 175:874-83. 2005..gene-targeted mice lacking either both endothelial selectins (CD62E and CD62P), or the chemokine receptors CCR2 or CCR6. DC, defined as non-autofluorescent, MHC class II(+)CD11c(mod) cells, were detected in blood, enzyme-digested ..
- T helper 17 cells promote cytotoxic T cell activation in tumor immunityNatalia Martin-Orozco
Department of Immunology, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Immunity 31:787-98. 2009..Moreover, Th17 cells promoted CCL20 chemokine production by tumor tissues, and tumor-bearing CCR6-deficient mice did not respond to Th17 cell therapy...
- Molecular characterization of CCR6: involvement of multiple domains in ligand binding and receptor signalingLi Shaung Ai
Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
J Biomed Sci 11:818-28. 2004The CC chemokine receptor 6 (CCR6) is selectively expressed on memory T cells, B cells, and dendritic cells and appears to be involved in the initiation of a memory immune response. The only chemokine ligand for CCR6 is CCL20/MIP-3alpha...