Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ccr4
Description: chemokine (C-C motif) receptor 4
Alias: C-C CKR-4, CHEMR1, Cmkbr4, LESTR, Sdf1r, C-C chemokine receptor type 4, chemokine (C-C) receptor 4, fusin, leukocyte-expressed seven-transmembrane-domain receptor
- Epicutaneous challenge of orally immunized mice redirects antigen-specific gut-homing T cells to the skinMichiko K Oyoshi
Division of Immunology, Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Clin Invest 121:2210-20. 2011..To address this question, we orally immunized WT mice and mice lacking the skin-homing chemokine receptor Ccr4 (Ccr4-/- mice) with OVA and then challenged them epicutaneously with antigen...
- A role for CCR4 in development of mature circulating cutaneous T helper memory cell populationsEspen S Baekkevold
Children s Hospital, Joint Program in Transfusion Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Exp Med 201:1045-51. 2005Expression of the chemokine receptor CCR4 is strongly associated with trafficking of specialized cutaneous memory T helper (Th) lymphocytes to the skin...
- Immunosuppressive effects of CCL17 on pulmonary antifungal responses during pulmonary invasive aspergillosisKristin J Carpenter
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Room 5216B, Med Sci I, 1301 Catherine Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0602, USA
Infect Immun 73:7198-207. 2005Aspergillus fumigatus-sensitized CCR4-deficient (CCR4-/-) mice exhibit an accelerated clearance of conidia during fungal asthma...
- CCR4 is a key modulator of innate immune responsesTraci L Ness
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan, 109 Zina Pitcher Place, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Immunol 177:7531-9. 2006b>CCR4 is recognized as a key receptor in Th2-associated immune processes, although very little is known about its role in innate immunity...
- Cutting Edge: Chemokine receptor CCR4 is necessary for antigen-driven cutaneous accumulation of CD4 T cells under physiological conditionsJames J Campbell
Department of Dermatology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 221 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 178:3358-62. 2007Dual expression of chemokine receptor CCR4 and E-selectin ligand is characteristic of skin-tropic CD4 T cells from blood, lymphoid organs, and the skin itself...
- CCR4-dependent regulatory T cell function in inflammatory bowel diseaseQian Yuan
Division of Rheumatology, Allergy and Immunology, Center for Immunology and Inflammatory Diseases, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Exp Med 204:1327-34. 2007..We examined the role of the chemokine receptor CCR4 in in vivo trafficking and suppressive function of T reg cells in a mouse adoptive transfer model of IBD...
- Altering the distribution of Foxp3(+) regulatory T cells results in tissue-specific inflammatory diseaseBlythe D Sather
Benaroya Research Institute, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
J Exp Med 204:1335-47. 2007..throughout all nonlymphoid tissues tested, and are particularly prevalent in the skin, where they express a unique CCR4(+)CD103(hi) phenotype...
- iNKT cells require CCR4 to localize to the airways and to induce airway hyperreactivityEverett H Meyer
Division of Immunology, Karp Laboratories, Children s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 179:4661-71. 2007..Using several models of asthma, we demonstrated that iNKT cells required the chemokine receptor CCR4 for pulmonary localization and for the induction of AHR...
- Chemokine receptor requirements for epidermal T-cell traffickingNoah J Tubo
Department of Dermatology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Pathol 178:2496-503. 2011Inflamed skin contains CD4 T-cell subsets that express chemokine receptors CCR4, CCR6, and/or CCR10. Prior attempts to reveal the distinct role(s) of each receptor in T-cell trafficking to skin have not produced a coherent story...
- CCR4 participation in Th type 1 (mycobacterial) and Th type 2 (schistosomal) anamnestic pulmonary granulomatous responsesChristine M Freeman
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
J Immunol 177:4149-58. 2006b>CCR4 is purported to be a Th type 2 (Th2) cell-biased receptor but its functional role is unclear...
- Detrimental role of CC chemokine receptor 4 in murine polymicrobial sepsisTobias Traeger
Department of Surgery, Ernst Moritz Arndt Universitat Greifswald, Greifswald, Germany
Infect Immun 76:5285-93. 2008CC chemokine receptor 4 (CCR4) and its two ligands, CCL17 and CCL22, are critically involved in different immune processes...
- CC chemokine receptor 4 contributes to innate NK and chronic stage T helper cell recall responses during Mycobacterium bovis infectionValerie R Stolberg
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105, USA
Am J Pathol 178:233-44. 2011Cysteine-cysteinyl chemokine receptor 4 (CCR4) is expressed by a variety of T-cell subsets and leukocytes...
- Contribution of CCR4 and CCR8 to antigen-specific T(H)2 cell trafficking in allergic pulmonary inflammationZamaneh Mikhak
Center for Immunology and Inflammatory Diseases, Division of Rheumatology, Allergy and Immunology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 123:67-73.e3. 2009..Although CCR4 and CCR8 are preferentially expressed on T(H)2 cells and CCR4, CCR8, and CXCR3 ligands are increased in asthma, the ..
- Alternative cross-priming through CCL17-CCR4-mediated attraction of CTLs toward NKT cell-licensed DCsVerena Semmling
Institute of Molecular Medicine and Experimental Immunology, Friedrich Wilhelms Universität, Bonn, Germany
Nat Immunol 11:313-20. 2010..CD8alpha(+) DCs to produce the chemokine CCL17, which attracted naive CTLs expressing the chemokine receptor CCR4. In contrast, DCs licensed by helper T cells recruited CTLs using CCR5 ligands...
- Embryonic trafficking of gammadelta T cells to skin is dependent on E/P selectin ligands and CCR4Xiaodong Jiang
Department of Dermatology, Harvard Skin Disease Research Center, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:7443-8. 2010..To test the role of chemokine receptors in DETC skin homing, we examined skin from CCR4(-/-) and CCR10(-/-) mice, respectively...
- Requirement of CCL17 for CCR7- and CXCR4-dependent migration of cutaneous dendritic cellsSusanne Stutte
Molecular Immunology, Leibniz Institut fuer Umweltmedizinische Forschung, Dusseldorf, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:8736-41. 2010..The beta-chemokine CCL17, a ligand of CCR4, is inducibly expressed in a subset of DCs and is strongly up-regulated in atopic diseases...
- Absence of CCR4 exacerbates skin inflammation in an oxazolone-induced contact hypersensitivity modelSari Lehtimäki
Unit of Excellence for Immunotoxicology, Finnish Institute of Occupational Health, Helsinki, Finland
J Invest Dermatol 130:2743-51. 2010Chemokine receptor CCR4 is expressed by Th2 cells and is involved in the recruitment of inflammatory cells into the skin...
- Differential requirement for CCR4 in the maintenance but not establishment of the invariant Vγ5(+) dendritic epidermal T-cell poolKyoko Nakamura
Medical Research Council Centre for Immune Regulation, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 8:e74019. 2013..However, this process occurs independently of Aire's influences on intrathymic chemokines, and in the absence of CCR4 and CCR7 expression by DETC progenitors...
- A key role for CC chemokine receptor 4 in lipopolysaccharide-induced endotoxic shockY Chvatchko
Serono Pharmaceutical Research Institute, 1228 Plan les Ouates Geneva, Switzerland
J Exp Med 191:1755-64. 2000..Recent studies have shown that CCR4 is the major chemokine receptor expressed by T helper type 2 (Th2) polarized cells...
- Characterization of chemokines and chemokine receptors in two murine models of inflammatory bowel disease: IL-10-/- mice and Rag-2-/- mice reconstituted with CD4+CD45RBhigh T cellsH Scheerens
Department of Immunology, DNAX Research Institute, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Eur J Immunol 31:1465-74. 2001..MIG, RANTES, lymphotactin, MIP-3alpha, TCA-3, TARC, MIP-3beta, LIX, MCP-1 and MIP-1beta and the receptors CCR4, CCR6 and CCR2 were significantly increased in chronically inflamed colons of IL-10-/- mice when compared with ..
- Recruitment of Foxp3+ T regulatory cells mediating allograft tolerance depends on the CCR4 chemokine receptorIris Lee
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Joseph Stokes Jr Research Institute and Biesecker Pediatric Liver Center, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia and University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Exp Med 201:1037-44. 2005..Analysis of multiple chemokine pathways showed that tolerance was accompanied by intragraft up-regulation of CCR4 and one of its ligands, macrophage-derived chemokine (CCL22), and that tolerance induction could not be achieved in ..
- Airway hyperresponsiveness, but not airway remodeling, is attenuated during chronic pulmonary allergic responses to Aspergillus in CCR4-/- miceJane M Schuh
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0602, USA
FASEB J 16:1313-5. 2002The role of CC chemokine receptor 4 (CCR4) during the development and maintenance of Th2-type allergic airway disease is controversial...
- Molecular cloning of murine CC CKR-4 and high affinity binding of chemokines to murine and human CC CKR-4A Hoogewerf
Glaxo Institute for Molecular Biology, Geneva, Switzerland
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 218:337-43. 1996..This first report of direct binding of chemokines to CC CKR-4 demonstrates that the highly homologous human and murine receptors have similar binding characteristics and tissue distribution...
- Targeted reduction of CCR4⁺ cells is sufficient to suppress allergic airway inflammationAkifumi Honjo
Department of Respiratory Medicine and Rheumatology, Institute of Health Biosciences, The University of Tokushima Graduate School, 3 18 15 Kuramoto cho, Tokushima 770 8503, Japan Electronic address
Respir Investig 51:241-9. 2013Bronchial asthma is characterized by allergic airway inflammation involving C-C chemokine receptor type 4 (CCR4)-positive Th2 cells. As such, we hypothesize that the disease can be alleviated by targeted-elimination of CCR4⁺ cells...
- CCR4 and CXCR3 play different roles in the migration of T cells to inflammation in skin, arthritic joints, and lymph nodesNadia A Al-Banna
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Canada
Eur J Immunol 44:1633-43. 2014b>CCR4 and CXCR3 are expressed on several T-cell subsets in inflamed tissues, yet their role in tissue-specific recruitment is unclear...
- The chemokine-like factor 1 induces asthmatic pathological change by activating nuclear factor-κB signaling pathwayGang Li
Department of Pharmacology, College of Pharmacy, The Inner Mongolian Medical University, Jinshan Development Zone, Hohhot, Inner Mongolian 010110, China State Key Laboratory of Bioactive Substances and Functions of Natural Medicines, Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Peking Union Medical College, 1 Xiannongtan Street, Xicheng District, Beijing 100050, China Electronic address
Int Immunopharmacol 20:81-8. 2014..The HEK293-CCR4 cell line, which expressed CCR4 stably, was established and screened...
- Differential requirement for CCR4 and CCR7 during the development of innate and adaptive αβT cells in the adult thymusJennifer E Cowan
Medical Research Council Centre for Immune Regulation, Institute for Biomedical Research, University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2TT, United Kingdom
J Immunol 193:1204-12. 2014..this study, we show that combining a panel of thymocyte maturation markers with cell surface analysis of CCR7 and CCR4 identifies distinct stages in the development of multiple αβT cell lineages in the thymus...
- Engagement of two distinct binding domains on CCL17 is required for signaling through CCR4 and establishment of localized inflammatory conditions in the lungSandra Santulli-Marotto
Janssen Research and Development, Spring House, Pennsylvania, United States of America Department of Pathology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e81465. 2013CCL17 (TARC) function can be completely abolished by mAbs that block either one of two distinct sites required for CCR4 signaling...
- Identification of Ccr4-not complex components as regulators of transition from partial to genuine induced pluripotent stem cellsMasayoshi Kamon
1 Division of Developmental Biology, Research Center for Genomic Medicine, Saitama Medical University, Yamane Hidaka, Saitama, Japan
Stem Cells Dev 23:2170-9. 2014..This screening led to identification of Cnot2, one of the core components of the Ccr4-Not complex...
- IL-4/CCL22/CCR4 axis controls regulatory T-cell migration that suppresses inflammatory bone loss in murine experimental periodontitisAna Claudia Araujo-Pires
Department of Biological Sciences, School of Dentistry of Bauru, São Paulo University FOB USP, Bauru, SP, Brazil
J Bone Miner Res 30:412-22. 2015..Tregs extracted from the lesions preferentially express CCR4 and CCR8, whereas Th2 cells express CCR3, CCR4, and CCR8...
- CCR4 promotes medullary entry and thymocyte-dendritic cell interactions required for central toleranceZicheng Hu
Department of Molecular Biosciences, Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712
J Exp Med 212:1947-65. 2015..Mechanisms promoting thymocyte medullary entry and interactions with APCs are incompletely understood. CCR4 is poised to contribute to central tolerance due to its expression by post-positive selection thymocytes, and ..
- NFκB1 is essential to prevent the development of multiorgan autoimmunity by limiting IL-6 production in follicular B cellsElisha de Valle
Burnet Institute, Melbourne, VIC 3004, Australia Immunology, Central Clinical School, Monash University, Melbourne, VIC 3004, Australia
J Exp Med 213:621-41. 2016..Collectively, our findings identify a previously unrecognized role for NFκB1 in preventing multiorgan autoimmunity through its negative regulation of Il-6 gene expression in Fo B cells...
- CCL2 Produced by the Glioma Microenvironment Is Essential for the Recruitment of Regulatory T Cells and Myeloid-Derived Suppressor CellsAlan L Chang
Department of Neurological Surgery, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois Committee on Cancer Biology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
Cancer Res 76:5671-5682. 2016..and microglia within the glioma microenvironment produce CCL2, a chemokine that is critical for recruiting both CCR4+ Treg and CCR2+Ly-6C+ monocytic MDSCs in this disease setting...
- The importance of CCR4 and CCR6 in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitisKota Moriguchi
Division of Neurology, Department of Internal Medicine 3, National Defense Medical College, Tokorozawa, Japan
J Neuroimmunol 257:53-8. 2013..We examined the role of CCR6 and CCR4 in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE) by using CCR6(-/-)CCR4(-/-) double knockout (DKO) and single ..
- CCR4 dependent migration of Foxp3+ Treg cells to skin grafts and draining lymph nodes is implicated in enhanced graft survival in CD200tg recipientsKai Yu
Transplant Research Division, University Health Network, Toronto, ON, Canada
Immunol Lett 141:116-22. 2011..analysis we showed this enhanced graft survival is associated with increased expression of Foxp3, GITR, CTLA-4 and CCR4 mRNA, all genes related to T(reg) cell induction/function, and of Gata3, IL-4, IL-5, IL-13, and somewhat ..
- CC chemokine receptor 4 is required for experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis by regulating GM-CSF and IL-23 production in dendritic cellsKarola Poppensieker
Institute of Molecular Psychiatry, University of Bonn, 53127 Bonn, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:3897-902. 2012..This study demonstrates that expression of CC chemokine receptor 4 (CCR4) by DCs is required for EAE induction...
- Regulatory T cells migrate to airways via CCR4 and attenuate the severity of airway allergic inflammationLucas Faustino
Department of Immunology, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP 05508 900, Brazil
J Immunol 190:2614-21. 2013..that regulatory T (Treg) cells that accumulate in the airways of allergic mice upregulate CC-chemokine receptor 4 (CCR4) expression. These Treg cells suppressed in vitro Th2 cell proliferation but not type 2 cytokine production...
- Role of CCL-2, CCR-2 and CCR-4 in cerulein-induced acute pancreatitis and pancreatitis-associated lung injuryJean Louis Frossard
Service of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Geneva University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
J Clin Pathol 64:387-93. 2011..To address the role of CCL-2, CCR-2 and CCR-4 that attracts leucocytes cells in inflamed tissues, pancreatitis was induced by administering supramaximal doses of cerulein in mice that do not express CCL-2, CCR-2 or CCR-4...
- Early acceptance of renal allografts in mice is dependent on foxp3(+) cellsMasahiro Miyajima
Transplantation Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Am J Pathol 178:1635-45. 2011..containing numerous CD3(+)Foxp3(+) cells, CD4(+) cells, dedritic cells, and B cells, which was independent of CCR4. The lymphoid sheaths disintegrate after Foxp3 depletion, accompanied by widespread CD8 interstitial mononuclear ..
- CCR4 contributes to the pathogenesis of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis by regulating inflammatory macrophage functionEileen A Forde
Department of Pathology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, United States
J Neuroimmunol 236:17-26. 2011..Expression of CCR4 and its ligand CCL22 has been observed in ongoing disease...
- CCL17-expressing dendritic cells drive atherosclerosis by restraining regulatory T cell homeostasis in miceChristian Weber
Institute for Cardiovascular Prevention, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
J Clin Invest 121:2898-910. 2011..Our data identify DC-derived CCL17 as a central regulator of Treg homeostasis, implicate DCs and their effector functions in atherogenesis, and suggest that CCL17 might be a target for vascular therapy...
- Mouse CCL8, a CCR8 agonist, promotes atopic dermatitis by recruiting IL-5+ T(H)2 cellsSabina A Islam
Center for Immunology and Inflammatory Diseases, Division of Rheumatology, Allergy and Immunology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Immunol 12:167-77. 2011..Ccr8- and Ccl8-deficient mice had markedly less eosinophilic inflammation than wild-type or Ccr4-deficient mice in a model of chronic atopic dermatitis...
- Role of the chemokine receptors CCR1, CCR2 and CCR4 in the pathogenesis of experimental dengue infection in miceRodrigo Guabiraba
Immunopharmacology, Departamento de Bioquimica e Imunologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
PLoS ONE 5:e15680. 2010..We evaluated the role of CC chemokine receptors CCR1, CCR2 and CCR4 in an experimental model of DENV-2 infection in mice...
- Intradermal administration of thymic stromal lymphopoietin induces a T cell- and eosinophil-dependent systemic Th2 inflammatory responseHeidi K Jessup
Inflammation Research, Amgen, Seattle, WA 98119, USA
J Immunol 181:4311-9. 2008..TSLP-induced responses were significantly, but not completely reduced in IL-4- and IL-13-deficient mice. These results shed light on the pathways and cell types involved in TSLP-induced inflammation...
- Ccl22/MDC, is a prostaglandin dependent pyrogen, acting in the anterior hypothalamus to induce hyperthermia via activation of brown adipose tissueOlivia Osborn
The Harold L Dorris Neurological Research Institute, Department of Molecular and Integrative Neurosciences, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Cytokine 53:311-9. 2011CC Chemokine ligand 22 (Ccl22) is a selective, high affinity ligand at the CC chemokine receptor 4 (Ccr4)...
- CCR4-deficient mice show prolonged graft survival in a chronic cardiac transplant rejection modelNorbert Hüser
Department of Surgery, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Eur J Immunol 35:128-38. 2005..This study investigates the role of chemokine receptor 4 (CCR4) in acute and chronic cardiac allograft rejection in mice...
- Cloning of the mouse fusin gene, homologue to a human HIV-1 co-factorM Heesen
Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 157:5455-60. 1996..Recently, a human protein termed "fusin" with characteristics of a seven-transmembrane-spanning receptor was found to be a co-factor required for the ..
- Molecular cloning and characterization of a murine pre-B-cell growth-stimulating factor/stromal cell-derived factor 1 receptor, a murine homolog of the human immunodeficiency virus 1 entry coreceptor fusinT Nagasawa
Department of Immunology, Osaka Medical Center for Maternal and Child Health, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:14726-9. 1996..The deduced amino acid sequence has 90% identity with that of a HUMSTSR/fusin, a human immunodeficiency virus 1 (HIV-1) entry coreceptor...
- Alternate splicing of mouse fusin/CXC chemokine receptor-4: stromal cell-derived factor-1alpha is a ligand for both CXC chemokine receptor-4 isoformsM Heesen
Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 158:3561-4. 1997Inspection of the intron splice junction of the mouse chemokine receptor fusin/CXC chemokine receptor R-4 (CXCR-4) revealed a potential in-frame alternative splice site in the region encoding the N-terminal ectodomain of the receptor...
- Cloning and characterization of a novel murine beta chemokine receptor, D6. Comparison to three other related macrophage inflammatory protein-1alpha receptors, CCR-1, CCR-3, and CCR-5R J Nibbs
Cancer Research Campaign Laboratories, The Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Garscube Estate, Switchback Road, Bearsden, Glasgow G61 1BD, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 272:12495-504. 1997....
- Molecular cloning and characterization of a cDNA, CHEMR1, encoding a chemokine receptor with a homology to the human C-C chemokine receptor, CCR-4B S Youn
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, and Walther Oncology Center, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202 5120, USA
Blood 89:4448-60. 1997..These are known to bind to seven-transmembrane-domain containing receptors. A cDNA clone, CHEMR1, resembling the typical G protein-coupled receptor, was isolated from a mouse cytotoxic T-lymphocyte (CTL) library...
- Murine CXCR-4 is a functional coreceptor for T-cell-tropic and dual-tropic strains of human immunodeficiency virus type 1P D Bieniasz
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Virol 71:7097-100. 1997..Overall, these data suggest that the reported lack of susceptibility of hCD4+ murine cells to HIV-1 infection in vitro is, at least in part, due to a lack of mCXCR-4 expression rather than a lack of coreceptor function...
- Embryonic expression and function of the chemokine SDF-1 and its receptor, CXCR4K E McGrath
Department of Pediatrics and Cancer Center, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York, 14642, USA
Dev Biol 213:442-56. 1999..5 and E8.5). Other chemokine receptor messages (CCR1, CCR4, CCR5, CCR2, and CXCR2) were found in E12...
- The identification, characterization, and distribution of guinea pig CCR4 and epitope mapping of a blocking antibodyLouise A Jopling
Leukocyte Biology Section, Biomedical Sciences Division, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, Exhibition Road, London SW7 2AZ, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 277:6864-73. 2002Th2 lymphocytes play a central role in the control and maintenance of allergic inflammation. The chemokine receptor CCR4 is preferentially expressed on the surface of Th2 lymphocytes polarised in vitro...
- Chromosomal mapping of the host resistance locus to rodent malaria (Plasmodium yoelii) infection in miceT Ohno
Institute for Laboratory Animal Research, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, 65 Tsurumai Cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
Immunogenetics 53:736-40. 2001..Elucidation of the function of this gene will provide valuable insights into the mechanism of host defense against malaria parasite infection...
- CCR4-bearing T cells participate in autoimmune diabetesSoon H Kim
Department of Immunology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Clin Invest 110:1675-86. 2002..In the present study we demonstrate that CCR4 expression marks a pathogenic population of autoimmune T cells...
- Targeting CLA/E-selectin interactions prevents CCR4-mediated recruitment of human Th2 memory cells to human skin in vivoTilo Biedermann
Novartis Research Institute, Vienna, Austria
Eur J Immunol 32:3171-80. 2002..skin lesions of AD patients, selectively migrate to human skin grafts transplanted onto SCID mice in response to CCR4 but not CCR3, CCR8 or CXCR3 ligands...
- Skin inflammation arising from cutaneous regulatory T cell deficiency leads to impaired viral immune responsesEva Jasmin Freyschmidt
Division of Immunology, Department of Medicine, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 185:1295-302. 2010..To focus on the consequences of Treg deficiency confined to the skin, we generated mixed CCR4(KO) FoxP3(KO) bone marrow (CCR4/FoxP3) chimeras in which skin, but not other tissues or central lymphoid organs, ..
- Directed migration of neural stem cells to sites of CNS injury by the stromal cell-derived factor 1alpha/CXC chemokine receptor 4 pathwayJaime Imitola
Center for Neurologic Diseases, Department of Neurology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:18117-22. 2004..CXCR4 expression within germinal zones suggests that NSC homing after injury and migration during development may invoke similar mechanisms...
- A Cxcl12-CXCR4 chemokine signaling pathway defines the initial trajectory of mammalian motor axonsIvo Lieberam
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, New York, New York 10032, USA
Neuron 47:667-79. 2005..In its absence, these neurons adopt a dMN-like trajectory, despite preservation of their vMN transcriptional identity. Thus, the status of Cxcr4 signaling helps to determine the initial axonal trajectory of mammalian motor neurons...
- The SDF-1/CXCR4 pathway and the development of the cerebellar systemTim O Vilz
Anatomisches Institut, Anatomie und Zellbiologie, Rheinische Friedrich Wilhelms Universitat, Bonn, Germany
Eur J Neurosci 22:1831-9. 2005..Moreover, they fail to express plexin D1, suggesting that SDF-1/CXCR4 signalling may also impinge on axon guidance critical to the orderly formation of granule cell mossy fibre afferents...
- Role of astrocytes and chemokine systems in acute TNFalpha induced demyelinating syndrome: CCR2-dependent signals promote astrocyte activation and survival via NF-kappaB and AktMarlon P Quinones
South Texas Veterans Health Care System, Audie L Murphy Division, San Antonio, TX, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 37:96-109. 2008..On the other hand, receptors like CCR3 and CCR4 were not elevated...
- Expression of chemokine receptor CCR4 and its ligands (CCL17 and CCL22) in murine contact hypersensitivityMayumi Kusumoto
Department of Environmental Medicine, Kagoshima University School of Medicine, and Department of Medicine, Kagoshima Seikyo Hospital, Japan
J Interferon Cytokine Res 27:901-10. 2007Chemokine receptor CCR4 and its ligands (CCL17 and CCL22) are important for the recruitment of memory T cells into the skin in various cutaneous immune diseases...
- A novel mechanism for CCR4 in the regulation of macrophage activation in bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosisGlenda Trujillo
Immunology Program, Department of Pathology, University of Michigan, 4071 BSRB, 109 Zina Pitcher Pl, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2200, USA
Am J Pathol 172:1209-21. 2008..The objective of this study was to examine the role of CC chemokine receptor 4 (CCR4) in macrophage polarization during pulmonary oxidative injury in wild-type [WT (CCR4(+/+))] and CCR4-deficient (..
- In silico identified CCR4 antagonists target regulatory T cells and exert adjuvant activity in vaccinationJagadeesh Bayry
The Edward Jenner Institute for Vaccine Research, University of Oxford, Compton, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:10221-6. 2008..As proof-of-principle we chose to target the interaction of the chemokines CCL22 and CCL17 with their receptor CCR4. CCR4 was posited as an adjuvant target based on its expression on CD4(+)CD25(+) regulatory T cells (Tregs), which ..
- CC chemokine receptor 4 modulates Toll-like receptor 9-mediated innate immunity and signalingMakoto Ishii
Immunology Program, Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2200, USA
Eur J Immunol 38:2290-302. 2008The present study addressed the modulatory role of CC chemokine receptor 4 (CCR4) in Toll-like receptor (TLR) 9-mediated innate immunity and explored the underlying molecular mechanisms...
- Increased Foxp3(+) CD4(+) regulatory T cells with intact suppressive activity but altered cellular localization in murine lupusJun Abe
Department of Molecular Preventive Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Pathol 173:1682-92. 2008..Taken together, we conclude that T(reg) cells in BWF1 mice are not predisposed to functional incompetence but rather are present in a highly activated state...
- Regulatory T cells sequentially migrate from inflamed tissues to draining lymph nodes to suppress the alloimmune responseNan Zhang
Department of Gene and Cell Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA
Immunity 30:458-69. 2009..This process was dependent on the chemokine receptors CCR2, CCR4, and CCR5 and P- and E-selectin ligands...
- Constitutive expression of IDO by dendritic cells of mesenteric lymph nodes: functional involvement of the CTLA-4/B7 and CCL22/CCR4 interactionsToshiharu Onodera
Laboratory of Immunodynamics, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Japan
J Immunol 183:5608-14. 2009..We also found that the MLN DCs produced CCL22, which can attract Tregs via CCR4, and that the phagocytosis of autologous apoptotic cells induced CCL22 expression in CCL22 mRNA-negative DCs...
- The BTG2 protein is a general activator of mRNA deadenylationFabienne Mauxion
CNRS, Equipe Labellisée La Ligue, Centre de Genetique Moleculaire, UPR 2167, Gif sur Yvette, France
EMBO J 27:1039-48. 2008..is required for efficient deadenylation in mammalian cells and that the deadenylase activities of both Caf1 and its Ccr4 partner are required for Btg2-induced poly(A) degradation...
- The Role of CCR4 in Skin Lymphocyte Homing and ImmunityJames J Campbell; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Expression patterns of the chemokine receptor CCR4 and its ligand CCL17 in humans suggests that interaction between these two molecules may contribute to skin-specific T lymphocyte homing and ..