Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ccnd2
Description: cyclin D2
Alias: 2600016F06Rik, AI256817, BF642806, C86853, Vin-1, Vin1, cD2, G1/S-specific cyclin-D2
Publications132 found, 100 shown here
- Genomic organization, chromosomal localization, and independent expression of human cyclin D genesT Inaba
Department of Hematology Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105
Genomics 13:565-74. 1992..The human cyclin D1 gene (approved gene symbol, CCND1) was assigned to chromosome band 11q13, cyclin D2 (CCND2) to chromosome band 12p13, and cyclin D3 (CCND3) to chromosome band 6p21...
- Molecular cloning and chromosomal mapping of CCND genes encoding human D-type cyclinsY Xiong
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, New York 11724
Genomics 13:575-84. 1992..We now report the molecular cloning of two additional human D-type cyclin genes, CCND2 (cyclin D2) and CCND3 (cyclin D3)...
- Colony-stimulating factor 1 regulates novel cyclins during the G1 phase of the cell cycleH Matsushime
Department of Tumor Cell Biology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105
Cell 65:701-13. 1991..The timing of p36CYL expression, its rapid turnover in the absence of CSF-1, and its phosphorylation and transient binding to a cdc2-related polypeptide suggest that CYL genes may function during S phase commitment...
- Myogenic and morphogenetic defects in the heart tubes of murine embryos lacking the homeo box gene Nkx2-5I Lyons
Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Parkville, Australia
Genes Dev 9:1654-66. 1995..The data demonstrate that Nkx2-5 is essential for normal heart morphogenesis, myogenesis, and function. Furthermore, this gene is a component of a genetic pathway required for myogenic specialization of the ventricles...
- Cyclin D2 is an FSH-responsive gene involved in gonadal cell proliferation and oncogenesisP Sicinski
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research and Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02142, USA
Nature 384:470-4. 1996..The hypoplasia seen in cyclin D2(-/-) ovaries and testes prompted us to examine human cancers deriving from corresponding tissues. We find that some human ovarian and testicular tumours contain high levels of cyclin D2 messenger RNA...
- Increased expression of cyclin D2 during multiple states of growth arrest in primary and established cellsM Meyyappan
Departments of Medical Science, Southern Alberta Cancer Research Center, Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2N 4N1
Mol Cell Biol 18:3163-72. 1998....
- G1-phase regulators, cyclin D1, cyclin D2, and cyclin D3: up-regulation at gastrulation and dynamic expression during neurulationF Wianny
Laboratoire de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, UMR 49 CNRS, LA INRA 913, Ecole Normale Superieure de Lyon, France
Dev Dyn 212:49-62. 1998..In the hindbrain, cyclin D1 and D2 show distinct segment-specific restricted expression and this pattern is conserved between mouse and chick. These results strongly suggest that D-type cyclins act as developmental regulators...
- Cerebellar histogenesis is disturbed in mice lacking cyclin D2J M Huard
Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology and Development, Department of Neurology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Development 126:1927-35. 1999..These results suggest that cyclin D2 is required in cerebellum not only for proliferation of the granule cell precursors but also for proper differentiation of granule and stellate interneurons...
- Cyclin D3 compensates for loss of cyclin D2 in mouse B-lymphocytes activated via the antigen receptor and CD40E W Lam
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research and Section of Virology and Cell Biology, Imperial College School of Medicine at St Mary s, Norfolk Place, London W2 1PG, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 275:3479-84. 2000....
- Cyclin D2 is essential for BCR-mediated proliferation and CD5 B cell developmentN Solvason
Department of Immunology, DNAX Research Institute, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Int Immunol 12:631-8. 2000....
- Gris1, a new common integration site in Graffi murine leukemia virus-induced leukemias: overexpression of a truncated cyclin D2 due to alternative splicingCatherine Denicourt
Laboratoire de Biologie Moleculaire, Departement des Sciences Biologiques, Universite du Quebec a Montreal, Canada
J Virol 77:37-44. 2003..1-kb transcript from the cyclin D2 gene that encodes a truncated cyclin D2 of 17 kDa. The expression of this 1.1-kb transcript is specific to tumors in which Gris1 is rearranged but is also detected at low levels in normal tissue...
- Development of mice expressing a single D-type cyclinMaria A Ciemerych
Department of Cancer Biology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Genes Dev 16:3277-89. 2002..Hence, the requirement for a particular cyclin in a given tissue is likely caused by specific transcription factors, rather than by unique properties of cyclins...
- Mouse development and cell proliferation in the absence of D-cyclinsKatarzyna Kozar
Department of Cancer Biology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell 118:477-91. 2004..Lastly, we found that cells lacking D-cyclins display reduced susceptibility to the oncogenic transformation. Our results reveal the presence of alternative mechanisms that allow cell cycle progression in a cyclin D-independent fashion...
- GATA4 is a dosage-sensitive regulator of cardiac morphogenesisWilliam T Pu
Department of Cardiology, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Dev Biol 275:235-44. 2004..These data demonstrate that multiple aspects of embryonic cardiac morphogenesis and function are exquisitely sensitive to small changes in GATA4 expression levels...
- Beta cell replication is the primary mechanism for maintaining postnatal beta cell massSenta Georgia
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern California, Developmental Biology Program, Saban Research Institute, Children s Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90027, USA
J Clin Invest 114:963-8. 2004....
- The critical role of cyclin D2 in adult neurogenesisAnna Kowalczyk
Department of Molecular and Cellular Neurobiology, Nencki Institute, 02 093 Warsaw, Poland
J Cell Biol 167:209-13. 2004..We describe herein that adult mice mutated in the cell cycle regulatory gene Ccnd2, encoding cyclin D2, lack newly born neurons in both of these brain structures...
- Targeted expression of cyclin D2 results in cardiomyocyte DNA synthesis and infarct regression in transgenic miceKishore B S Pasumarthi
Wells Center for Pediatric Research and Krannert Institute of Cardiology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Ind 46202 5225, USA
Circ Res 96:110-8. 2005..These data suggested that modulation of D-type cyclins could be exploited to promote regenerative growth in injured hearts...
- Cyclins D2 and D1 are essential for postnatal pancreatic beta-cell growthJake A Kushner
Division of Endocrinology, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 3615 Civic Center Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:3752-62. 2005..Thus, cyclins D2 and D1 were essential for beta-cell expansion in adult mice. Strategies to tightly regulate D-type cyclin activity in beta cells could prevent or cure diabetes...
- Morphogenesis of the right ventricle requires myocardial expression of Gata4Elisabeth M Zeisberg
Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Clin Invest 115:1522-31. 2005..Our results demonstrate a general role of myocardial Gata4 in regulating cardiomyocyte proliferation and a specific, stage-dependent role in regulating the morphogenesis of the RV and the atrioventricular canal...
- A unique function for cyclin D3 in early B cell developmentA Byron Cooper
Department of Medicine, Section of Rheumatology, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Nat Immunol 7:489-97. 2006..Here, analysis of Ccnd1(-/-), Ccnd2(-/-), Ccnd3(-/-) and Ccnd2(-/-)Ccnd3(-/-) mice showed that cyclin D3 was uniquely required for the development of ..
- Differences in cyclin D2 and D1 protein expression distinguish forebrain progenitor subsetsSara B Glickstein
Laboratory of Neurogenetics and Development, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Cereb Cortex 17:632-42. 2007..Among the cell cycle proteins, understanding of the relative roles of the G1-phase active cyclins D2 and D1 (cD2 and cD1) has been hampered by lack of data regarding their expression patterns...
- Hypertrophic growth in cardiac myocytes is mediated by Myc through a Cyclin D2-dependent pathwayWeiguang Zhong
The Cardiovascular Research Laboratories, Department of Medicine, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA
EMBO J 25:3869-79. 2006..These data suggest that Myc is required for a normal hypertrophic response and that its growth-promoting effects are also mediated through a CycD2-dependent pathway...
- Can the cardiomyocyte cell cycle be reprogrammed?Katrina A Bicknell
School of Pharmacy, University of Reading, PO Box 226 Whiteknights, Reading Berkshire RG6 6AP, UK
J Mol Cell Cardiol 42:706-21. 2007..The validity of therapeutic strategies that aim to reinstate the proliferative potential of cardiomyocytes to improve myocardial repair following injury will be discussed...
- Cyclin D2 translocates p27 out of the nucleus and promotes its degradation at the G0-G1 transitionEtsuo Susaki
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 27:4626-40. 2007..These results indicate that cyclin D2 translocates p27 from the nucleus into the cytoplasm for its KPC-dependent degradation at the G(0)-G(1) transition...
- Human and mouse cyclin D2 splice variants: transforming activity and subcellular localizationC Denicourt
Laboratoire de Biologie Moleculaire, Departement des Sciences Biologiques, Universite du Quebec a Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Oncogene 27:1253-62. 2008..Interestingly, the presence of a similar, alternatively spliced cyclin D2 mRNA was also detected in some human brain tumors...
- Cardiomyocyte cell cycle activation improves cardiac function after myocardial infarctionRutger J Hassink
Department of Cardiology, University Medical Center, Heidelberglaan 100, 3584 CX, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Cardiovasc Res 78:18-25. 2008..Here, we investigated the effects of this cell cycle activation on cardiac function following myocardial infarction (MI)...
- GATA4 is a direct transcriptional activator of cyclin D2 and Cdk4 and is required for cardiomyocyte proliferation in anterior heart field-derived myocardiumAnabel Rojas
Genentech Hall, 600 16th Street, Mail Code 2240, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94158 2517, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:5420-31. 2008..These findings establish Cyclin D2 and Cdk4 as direct transcriptional targets of GATA4 and support a model in which GATA4 controls cardiomyocyte proliferation by coordinately regulating numerous cell cycle genes...
- A splice variant of cyclin D2 regulates cardiomyocyte cell cycle through a novel protein aggregation pathwayQian Sun
Department of Pharmacology, Sir Charles Tupper Medical Building, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS, B3H 1X5 Canada
J Cell Sci 122:1563-73. 2009..We show that D2SV-induced cell cycle exit can be rescued by overexpression of D-type and B-type cyclins. We suggest that protein aggregation may be a major block for cardiomyocyte cell cycle reactivation...
- New hippocampal neurons are not obligatory for memory formation; cyclin D2 knockout mice with no adult brain neurogenesis show learningPiotr Jaholkowski
Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology, Nencki Institute, Warsaw, Poland
Learn Mem 16:439-51. 2009..Our results suggest that adult brain neurogenesis is not obligatory in learning, including the kinds of learning where the role of adult neurogenesis has previously been strongly suggested...
- Cyclin D2 protein stability is regulated in pancreatic beta-cellsLu Mei He
Division of Endocrinology and Diabetes, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Mol Endocrinol 23:1865-75. 2009....
- Cyclin D2 is critical for intermediate progenitor cell proliferation in the embryonic cortexSara B Glickstein
Department of Neurology and Neuroscience, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Neurosci 29:9614-24. 2009Expression of cyclins D1 (cD1) and D2 (cD2) in ventricular zone and subventricular zone (SVZ), respectively, suggests that a switch to cD2 could be a requisite step in the generation of cortical intermediate progenitor cells (IPCs)...
- Transcriptional role of cyclin D1 in development revealed by a genetic-proteomic screenFrédéric Bienvenu
Department of Cancer Biology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 463:374-8. 2010..Our approach, which we term 'genetic-proteomic', can be used to study the in vivo function of essentially any protein...
- Developmental expression of the cyclin D2 splice variant in postnatal Purkinje cells of the mouse cerebellumKosuke Kajitani
Department of Psychiatry, Sir Charles Tupper Medical Building, Dalhousie University, 5850 College Street, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3H 1X5, Canada
Neurosci Lett 477:100-4. 2010....
- A function for cyclin D1 in DNA repair uncovered by protein interactome analyses in human cancersSiwanon Jirawatnotai
Department of Cancer Biology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Nature 474:230-4. 2011....
- Lack of cyclin D2 impairing adult brain neurogenesis alters hippocampal-dependent behavioral tasks without reducing learning abilityPaulina Jedynak
Laboratory of Neurobiology, Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology, Polish Academy of Sciences, 3 Pasteur St, 02 093 Warsaw, Poland
Behav Brain Res 227:159-66. 2012..In our studies, we employed cyclin D2 gene knockout (cD2 KO) mice showing impaired neurogenesis as well as decreased hippocampal size...
- Cyclin D2 rescues size and function of GATA4 haplo-insufficient heartsAbir Yamak
Laboratory of Cardiac Development and Differentiation, Department of Biochemistry, Microbiology, and Immunology, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario K1N 6N5, Canada
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 303:H1057-66. 2012..Search for GATA4 targets/effectors revealed cyclin D(2) (CD2), a member of the D-type cyclins (D(1), D(2), and D(3)) that play a vital role in cell growth and differentiation ..
- Cyclin D2 knockout mice with depleted adult neurogenesis learn Barnes maze taskAnja Urbach
Hans Berger Department of Neurology, Jena University Hospital, Jena, Germany
Behav Neurosci 127:1-8. 2013..In this work, however, we demonstrate adult cyclin D2 knockout (cD2 KO) mice, which lack adult hippocampal neurogenesis, are able to learn a spatial version of the Barnes maze...
- Impaired long-term memory retention: common denominator for acutely or genetically reduced hippocampal neurogenesis in adult miceNada M B Ben Abdallah
Department of Molecular Neurology, University Hospital Erlangen, Germany
Behav Brain Res 252:275-86. 2013..In contrast, spatial long-term memory retention is consistently altered after both approaches suggesting a plausible implication of hippocampal neurogenesis in this cognitive process...
- Elimination of cyclin D1 in vertebrate cells leads to an altered cell cycle phenotype, which is rescued by overexpression of murine cyclins D1, D2, or D3 but not by a mutant cyclin D1J M Lahti
Department of Tumor Cell Biology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
J Biol Chem 272:10859-69. 1997..Thus, there may be distinct differences in cyclin D1 complexes and/or its target(s) in proliferating and apoptotic DT40 lymphoma B-cells...
- Akt induces beta-cell proliferation by regulating cyclin D1, cyclin D2, and p21 levels and cyclin-dependent kinase-4 activitySzabolcs Fatrai
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Lipid Research, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Diabetes 55:318-25. 2006..These data also indicate that alteration in levels of these cell cycle components could affect the maintenance of beta-cell mass in basal states and the adaptation of beta-cells to pathological states resulting in diabetes...
- Canonical Wnt signaling functions in second heart field to promote right ventricular growthDi Ai
Institute of Biosciences and Technology, Texas A and M System Health Science Center, 2121 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:9319-24. 2007..Our findings reveal that Wnt signaling plays a major positive role in promoting growth and diversification of SHF precursors into right ventricular and interventricular myocardium...
- MN20, a D2 cyclin, is transiently expressed in selected neural populations during embryogenesisM E Ross
Department of Neurology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455, USA
J Neurosci 16:210-9. 1996....
- Cooperation between the Cdk inhibitors p27(KIP1) and p57(KIP2) in the control of tissue growth and developmentP Zhang
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461 USA
Genes Dev 12:3162-7. 1998..These studies demonstrate that p27(KIP1) and p57(KIP2) are critical terminal effectors of signal transduction pathways that control cell differentiation...
- Requirement of tissue-selective TBP-associated factor TAFII105 in ovarian developmentR N Freiman
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720 3204, USA
Science 293:2084-7. 2001....
- N-myc is essential during neurogenesis for the rapid expansion of progenitor cell populations and the inhibition of neuronal differentiationPaul S Knoepfler
Division of Basic Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
Genes Dev 16:2699-712. 2002..Its effects on proliferation and differentiation appear due, at least in part, to down-regulation of a specific subset of cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors...
- Early embryonic death in mice lacking the beta-catenin-binding protein DuplinMasaaki Nishiyama
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 24:8386-94. 2004..These results suggest that Duplin plays an indispensable role, likely by a mechanism independent of inhibition of Wnt signaling, in mouse embryonic growth and differentiation at an early developmental stage...
- Cyclin-dependent kinase 5 is essential for neuronal cell cycle arrest and differentiationSamantha Cicero
Department of Pharmacology, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Neurosci 25:9658-68. 2005..These data indicate that Cdk5 is necessary for both neuronal differentiation and cell cycle inhibition...
- Unique mechanisms of growth regulation and tumor suppression upon Apc inactivation in the pancreasAlessandra Strom
Department of Genetic Medicine and Development, University of Geneva Faculty of Medicine, 1 rue Michel Servet, CH 1211 Geneva 4, Switzerland
Development 134:2719-25. 2007..This provides new insights into the mechanisms of tumor pathogenesis and tumor suppression in the pancreas...
- Smoothened controls cyclin D2 expression and regulates the generation of intermediate progenitors in the developing cortexMunekazu Komada
Division of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, Department of Morphological and Physiological Sciences, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Fukui, 23 Matsuokashimoaizuki, Eiheiji, Fukui 910 1193, Japan
Neurosci Lett 547:87-91. 2013..Our data suggest that Smoothened signaling, acting through cyclin D2, is critical for the proper development and maturation of the neocortex...
- FGF2 and insulin signaling converge to regulate cyclin D expression in multipotent neural stem cellsAdedamola Adepoju
National Institute for Neurological Disorders and Stroke, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland, USA University of Massachusetts School of Medicine, Amherst, Massachusetts, USA
Stem Cells 32:770-8. 2014....
- Cyclin D2 is a GATA4 cofactor in cardiogenesisAbir Yamak
Laboratory of Cardiac Development and Differentiation, Department of Biochemistry, Microbiology, and Immunology, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON, Canada, K1N 6N5
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:1415-20. 2014..Together, our data uncover a role for CycD2 as a cardiogenic coactivator of GATA4 and suggest a paradigm for cell-specific effects of cyclin Ds. ..
- Fuz regulates craniofacial development through tissue specific responses to signaling factorsZichao Zhang
Institute of Biosciences and Technology, Texas A and M Health Science Center, Houston, Texas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e24608. 2011..These data demonstrate a new model for coordination of Hh and Wnt signaling and reveal a Fuz-dependent negative feedback loop controlling Wnt/β-catenin signaling...
- Jmjd5, an H3K36me2 histone demethylase, modulates embryonic cell proliferation through the regulation of Cdkn1a expressionAkihiko Ishimura
Division of Functional Genomics, Cancer Research Institute, Kanazawa University, Kakuma machi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa 920 1192, Japan
Development 139:749-59. 2012..Taken together, these results suggest that Jmjd5 physiologically moderates embryonic cell proliferation through the epigenetic control of Cdkn1a expression...
- Age-dependent kinetics of dentate gyrus neurogenesis in the absence of cyclin D2Anne Ansorg
Hans Berger Department of Neurology, Jena University Hospital, Erlanger Allee 101, 07747 Jena, Germany
BMC Neurosci 13:46. 2012..Among them, D-type cyclins control the exit from the G1 phase of the cell cycle. Cyclin D2 (cD2) has been shown to be required for the generation of new neurons in the neurogenic niches of the adult brain...
- Therapeutic targeting of the cyclin D3:CDK4/6 complex in T cell leukemiaCatherine M Sawai
Department of Pathology and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Cancer Cell 22:452-65. 2012..These studies identify unique functions for cyclin D3:CDK4/6 complexes and suggest potential therapeutic protocols for this devastating blood tumor...
- Cloning of a D-type cyclin from murine erythroleukemia cellsH Kiyokawa
DeWitt Wallace Research Laboratory, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 89:2444-7. 1992..5-kilobase CYL2 transcript changes its expression during the cell cycle with a broad peak through G1 and S phases and a decrease in G2/M phases. The present findings suggest that CYL2 plays a role in the G1 to S phase progression...
- Identification of a novel gene, Vin-1, in murine leukemia virus-induced T-cell leukemias by provirus insertional mutagenesisP J Tremblay
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Institut de Recherches Cliniques de Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Virol 66:1344-53. 1992..Vin-1 was found to be well conserved among mammalian species and was mapped to mouse chromosome 6, between raf and K-ras-2. Vin-1 appears to be a novel gene which may be involved in tumor development...
- Lens-specific expression of PDGF-A alters lens growth and developmentL W Reneker
Department of Cell Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, 77030, USA
Dev Biol 180:554-65. 1996..Elevated levels of PDGF-A enhance proliferation, but also appear to induce some aspects of the fiber cell differentiation pathway...
- Functions of c-Jun in liver and heart developmentR Eferl
Department of Pathology, University of Graz, A 8036 Graz, Austria
J Cell Biol 145:1049-61. 1999....
- CDK-independent activities of D type cyclinsR Bernards
Division of Molecular Carcinogenesis, Center for Biomedical Genetics, Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Biochim Biophys Acta 1424:M17-22. 1999
- Cyclin D2 overexpression in transgenic mice induces thymic and epidermal hyperplasia whereas cyclin D3 expression results only in epidermal hyperplasiaM L Rodriguez-Puebla
University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Science Park Research Division, Smithville, Texas 78957, USA
Am J Pathol 157:1039-50. 2000..However, overexpression of each D-type cyclin produces a distinct phenotype in thymic epithelial cells...
- Involvement of the D-type cyclins in germ cell proliferation and differentiation in the mouseT L Beumer
Department of Cell Biology, University Medical Center Utrecht, 3584 CX, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Biol Reprod 63:1893-8. 2000..In spermatogonia, cyclins D(1) and D(3) seem to be involved in cell cycle regulation, whereas cyclin D(2) likely has a role in spermatogonial differentiation...
- Zic2 controls cerebellar development in cooperation with Zic1Jun Aruga
Laboratory for Developmental Neurobiology, RIKEN Brain Science Institute, Wako Shi, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
J Neurosci 22:218-25. 2002..These results indicate that Zic1 and Zic2 may have very similar functions in the regulation of cerebellar development...
- STAT3 down-regulates the expression of cyclin D during liver developmentTakaaki Matsui
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, University of Tokyo, 1 1 1 Yayoi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0032, Japan
J Biol Chem 277:36167-73. 2002..Thus, STAT3-mediated down-regulation of cyclin D expression is rather specific to fetal hepatocytes that are undergoing maturation processes including a reduction of their proliferation potential...
- Microarray analysis of knockout mice identifies cyclin D2 as a possible mediator for the action of thyroid hormone during the postnatal development of the cerebellumAnne Lise Poguet
Laboratoire de Biologie Moléculaire et Cellulaire de l Ecole Normale Supérieure de Lyon UMR CNRS 5665 LA INRA913, 46 Allée d ltalie 69364 Lyon CEDEX07France
Dev Biol 254:188-99. 2003....
- BCR targets cyclin D2 via Btk and the p85alpha subunit of PI3-K to induce cell cycle progression in primary mouse B cellsJanet Glassford
Cancer Research UK Labs and Section of Cancer Cell Biology, Department of Cancer Medicine, Imperial College School of Medicine at Hammersmith Hospital, Londom, UK
Oncogene 22:2248-59. 2003..Our present results lead us to propose a model in which the B-cell signalosome targets cyclin D2 via the Ca(2+) and PKC-dependent signalling cascades to mediate cell-cycle progression in response to BCR engagement...
- 4-1BB enhances CD8+ T cell expansion by regulating cell cycle progression through changes in expression of cyclins D and E and cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p27kip1Hyeon Woo Lee
Immunomodulation Research Center, University of Ulsan, Ulsan, Korea
Eur J Immunol 33:2133-41. 2003..Our results suggest a role for cyclin D2, D3, and E, and p27(kip1) proteins in the 4-1BB-mediated cell cycle progression of CD8(+) T cells in vivo...
- Cyclin D2 controls B cell progenitor numbersAzim Mohamedali
Leukaemia Sciences, Guy s, King s, St Thomas School of Medicine, Rayne Institute, 123 Coldharbour Lane, London SE5 9RS, UK
J Leukoc Biol 74:1139-43. 2003..We conclude that cyclin D2 is rate-limiting for the production of B lymphoid progenitor cells whose proliferation does not depend on BCR signaling...
- PITX2 is required for normal development of neurons in the mouse subthalamic nucleus and midbrainDonna M Martin
Department of Pediatrics and Communicable Diseases, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Dev Biol 267:93-108. 2004..Our results suggest a role for Pitx2 in regulating regionally specific terminal neuronal differentiation in the developing ventrolateral thalamus and midbrain...
- Snail blocks the cell cycle and confers resistance to cell deathSonia Vega
Instituto Cajal, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cieutificas, 28002 Madrid, Spain
Genes Dev 18:1131-43. 2004....
- Essential role of Plzf in maintenance of spermatogonial stem cellsJose A Costoya
Cancer Biology and Genetics Program, Department of Pathology Sloan Kettering Institute, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Nat Genet 36:653-9. 2004..These results identify Plzf as a spermatogonia-specific transcription factor in the testis that is required to regulate self-renewal and maintenance of the stem cell pool...
- Cyclin A2 mediates cardiomyocyte mitosis in the postmitotic myocardiumHina W Chaudhry
Department of Medicine, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Biol Chem 279:35858-66. 2004..These results reveal a previously unrecognized critical role for cyclin A2 in mediating cardiomyocyte mitosis, a role that may significantly impact upon clinical treatment of damaged myocardium...
- Nmyc plays an essential role during lung development as a dosage-sensitive regulator of progenitor cell proliferation and differentiationTadashi Okubo
Department of Cell Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Development 132:1363-74. 2005..We propose a model in which Nmyc is essential in the developing lung for maintaining a distal population of undifferentiated, proliferating progenitor cells...
- Gene knockouts that cause female infertility: search for novel contraceptive targetsRajesh K Naz
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The West Virginia University, School of Medicine, Health Science Center, Morgantown, WV 26506 9186, USA
Front Biosci 10:2447-59. 2005..These molecules will provide novel targets of contraception including contraceptive vaccine development...
- Cyclin D1-dependent kinase activity in murine development and mammary tumorigenesisMark W Landis
Molecular Oncology Research Institute and Department of Radiation Oncology, Tufts New England Medical Center, 750 Washington Street 5609, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Cancer Cell 9:13-22. 2006..These results demonstrate a differential requirement for cyclin D1-CDK4/6 kinase activity in development versus tumorigenesis and strongly support cyclin D1-dependent kinase activity as a specific therapeutic target in breast cancer...
- The GATA2 transcription factor negatively regulates the proliferation of neuronal progenitorsAbeer El Wakil
UMR CNRS 7000, Cytosquelette et Développement, Faculté de Médecine Pitié Salpêtrière, Paris, France
Development 133:2155-65. 2006..Hence, our data have provided evidence for the ability of Gata2 to inhibit the proliferation of neural progenitors, and they further suggest that, in this regard, Gata2 can operate independently of neuronal differentiation...
- The roof plate regulates cerebellar cell-type specification and proliferationVictor V Chizhikov
Department of Human Genetics, University of Chicago, 920 E 58th Street, CLSC 319 Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Development 133:2793-804. 2006..Thus, in addition to the isthmus, the roof plate represents an important signaling center controlling multiple aspects of cerebellar patterning...
- Essential role for cyclin D3 in granulocyte colony-stimulating factor-driven expansion of neutrophil granulocytesEwa Sicinska
Department of Cancer Biology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:8052-60. 2006..Collectively, these results demonstrate that cyclin D3 is an essential cell cycle recipient of G-CSF signaling, and they provide a molecular link of how G-CSF-dependent signaling triggers cell proliferation...
- Cyclin D2 and cyclin D3 play opposite roles in mouse skin carcinogenesisP Rojas
Department of Carcinogenesis, Science Park Research Division, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Smithville, TX, USA
Oncogene 26:1723-30. 2007..We conclude that cyclin D3 and cyclin D2 play opposite roles in mouse skin tumor development and that the suppressive activity of cyclin D3 is associated with cyclin D2 downregulation...
- Hes1 is required for pituitary growth and melanotrope specificationLori T Raetzman
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 0618, USA
Dev Biol 304:455-66. 2007..These results demonstrate that Notch signaling plays multiple roles in pituitary development, influencing precursor number, organ size, cell differentiation and ultimately cell fate...
- GSK-3beta mediates in the progesterone inhibition of estrogen induced cyclin D2 nuclear localization and cell proliferation in cyclin D1-/- mouse uterine epitheliumYuxiang Wang
School of Life Science and National Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering, Fudan University, Shanghai 200433, PR China
FEBS Lett 581:3069-75. 2007..Our results indicate that GSK-3beta is a major target of E(2) and P(4) in regulation of cyclin D2 localization in the mouse uterine epithelium...
- COUP-TFI coordinates cortical patterning, neurogenesis, and laminar fate and modulates MAPK/ERK, AKT, and beta-catenin signalingAndrea Faedo
Nina Ireland Laboratory of Developmental Neurobiology, Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Cereb Cortex 18:2117-31. 2008..We suggest that COUP-TFI controls these processes by repressing Mapk/Erk, Akt, and beta-catenin signaling...
- Crucial roles of D-type cyclins in the early stage of adipocyte differentiationTomoaki Hishida
Department of Molecular Biology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Nagoya City University, 3 1 Tanabe dori, Mizuho ku, Nagoya, Aichi 467 8603, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 370:289-94. 2008..Each of the D-type cyclins seems to play a crucial role in adipocyte differentiation by regulating MCE...
- Brain area-specific effect of TGF-beta signaling on Wnt-dependent neural stem cell expansionSven Falk
Institute of Cell Biology, ETH Honggerberg, CH 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Cell Stem Cell 2:472-83. 2008..Thus, TGF-beta signaling controls the size of a specific brain area, the dorsal midbrain, by antagonizing canonical Wnt signaling and negatively regulating self-renewal of neuroepithelial stem cells...
- Cyclin D1 in excitatory neurons of the adult brain enhances kainate-induced neurotoxicityHajira B Koeller
Graduate Program in Neuroscience, Department of Neurology and Neuroscience, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 1300 York Avenue, Box 239, New York, NY 10065, USA
Neurobiol Dis 31:230-41. 2008..These findings suggest that basal cD1 expression may render hippocampal circuits more susceptible to particular epileptogenic agents and excitotoxic cell death, though cD1 is not a direct precipitant in apoptosis...
- Sonic hedgehog signaling regulates reciprocal epithelial-mesenchymal interactions controlling palatal outgrowthYu Lan
Center for Oral Biology and Department of Biomedical Genetics, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Development 136:1387-96. 2009..palatal mesenchyme to regulate palatal mesenchyme cell proliferation through maintenance of cyclin D1 (Ccnd1) and Ccnd2 expression...
- The notch target gene HES1 regulates cell cycle inhibitor expression in the developing pituitaryPamela Monahan
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
Endocrinology 150:4386-94. 2009....
- Cell cycle regulation in the inner ear sensory epithelia: role of cyclin D1 and cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitorsHeidi Laine
Institute of Biotechnology, University of Helsinki, 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Dev Biol 337:134-46. 2010..Thus, cyclin D1 critically contributes to the proliferative plasticity of supporting cells. These data suggest that targeted cyclin D1 induction in supporting cells might be an avenue for proliferative regeneration in the inner ear...
- c-Abl tyrosine kinase regulates cardiac growth and developmentZhaozhu Qiu
Department of Microbiology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:1136-41. 2010..Genes involved in cardiac stress and remodeling and cell cycle regulation are also up-regulated in the mutant hearts. These findings reveal an essential role for c-Abl in mammalian heart growth and development...
- Targeted deletion of Capn4 in cells of the chondrocyte lineage impairs chondrocyte proliferation and differentiationAki Kashiwagi
50 Blossom Street, Thier 10, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Mol Cell Biol 30:2799-810. 2010..Collectively, our findings suggest that the calpain small subunit is essential for proper chondrocyte functions in embryonic growth plates...
- Novel role for the intraflagellar transport protein CMG-1 in regulating the transcription of cyclin-D2, E-cadherin and integrin-alpha family genes in mouse spermatocyte-derived cellsKen Ichiro Ohbayashi
The Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Medical Science, Setagaya Ku, Japan
Genes Cells 15:699-710. 2010..Based on these data, we propose that CMG-1 serves as a transcriptional regulator of proliferation and adhesion-associated genes in early stage male germ-line cells in the testis...
- Hopx and Hdac2 interact to modulate Gata4 acetylation and embryonic cardiac myocyte proliferationChinmay M Trivedi
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Dev Cell 19:450-9. 2010..These results suggest that Gata4 is a nonhistone target of Hdac2-mediated deacetylation and that Hdac2, Hopx, and Gata4 coordinately regulate cardiac myocyte proliferation during embryonic development...
- Loss of COUP-TFI alters the balance between caudal ganglionic eminence- and medial ganglionic eminence-derived cortical interneurons and results in resistance to epilepsySimona Lodato
Telethon Institute of Genetics and Medicine, Developmental Disorders Program, and European School of Molecular Medicine, 80131 Naples, Italy
J Neurosci 31:4650-62. 2011....
- The Cdk4-E2f1 pathway regulates early pancreas development by targeting Pdx1+ progenitors and Ngn3+ endocrine precursorsSo Yoon Kim
Regenerative Biology Section, Diabetes, Endocrinology, and Obesity Branch, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Development 138:1903-12. 2011....
- Glucose regulates cyclin D2 expression in quiescent and replicating pancreatic β-cells through glycolysis and calcium channelsSeth J Salpeter
Department of Developmental Biology and Cancer Research, The Institute for Medical Research Israel Canada, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Endocrinology 152:2589-98. 2011..These data challenge the standard model for regulation of cyclin D2 during the cell division cycle and suggest cyclin D2 as a molecular link between glucose levels and β-cell replication...
- Expression of Rb, E2F1, cdc2, and D, and B cyclins in developing spinal cordJ Zhao
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins 80523, USA
Neurosci Lett 190:49-52. 1995..These observations suggest that Rb and E2F1 may be involved in the early stages of neuronal differentiation in addition to the cell cycle regulation...
- The C-terminal domain of Mad-like signal transducers is sufficient for biological activity in the Xenopus embryo and transcriptional activationG Meersseman
Department of Cell Growth, Differentiation and Development, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology VIB, Leuven, Belgium
Mech Dev 61:127-40. 1997..We also mapped the MusMLP gene to a region on mouse chromosome 13 that corresponds to a region on human chromosome 5q that contains cancer-related genes...
- A developmentally regulated switch directs regenerative growth of Schwann cells through cyclin D1H A Kim
Department of Cancer Biology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Children s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Neuron 26:405-16. 2000..Even axonal regrowth into the distal zone of a nerve crush injury is not markedly impaired in cyclin D1-/- mice...
- Deletion of the p27Kip1 gene restores normal development in cyclin D1-deficient miceY Geng
Department of Cancer Biology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:194-9. 2001..Here we report that ablation of p27(Kip1) restores essentially normal development in cyclin D1-deficient mice. Our results provide genetic evidence that p27(Kip1) functions downstream of cyclin D1...
- Cyclin D2 and p27 are tissue-specific regulators of tumorigenesis in inhibin alpha knockout miceKathleen H Burns
Department of Pathology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Mol Endocrinol 17:2053-69. 2003....
- Mice with a targeted mutation of patched2 are viable but develop alopecia and epidermal hyperplasiaErica Nieuwenhuis
Program in Developmental Biology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto Medical Discovery Towers, MARS Building, East Tower, Room 13 314, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1L7, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 26:6609-22. 2006..While functional compensation by Ptc1 might account for the lack of a strong mutant phenotype in Ptc2-deficient mice, our results suggest that normal Ptc2 function is required for adult skin homeostasis...
- ASYMMETRICALLY EXPRESSED GENES IN DEVELOPING CEREBRUMDaniel Geschwind; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- HAND GENES IN CARDIAC DEVELOPMENTWilliam Pu; Fiscal Year: 2004..This experience, and the information generated in this plan, will launch the applicant's career as an independent investigator. ..
- A Genomewide Search for Autism Susceptibilty LociDaniel Geschwind; Fiscal Year: 2006..All phenotypic and genotype data will be made accessible via the Internet on a rolling basis, further enhancing the value of this resource to the community. ..
- The Role of Cyclin A in Cardiac DevelopmentHINA CHAUDHRY; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Pitx2 Function in Developing Mouse Brain NeuronsDonna M Martin; Fiscal Year: 2010..These results will help guide future experiments aimed at directing neural stem cell differentiation toward specific neuronal cell subtypes. ..
- Novel Genetic Risk Factors for Alzheimer's Disease (AD) & Frontotemporal DementiaDaniel Geschwind; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- THE GENETICS OF IDIOPATHIC BASAL GANGLIA CALCIFICATIONDaniel Geschwind; Fiscal Year: 2004..Physical mapping and candidate screening for mutations will be pursued as the region is narrowed to identify the IBGC gene. A genome scan will be performed in families who are not linked to the chr.14 locus. ..
- Chemoprevention in Mice after Tobacco Smoke ExposureHanspeter Witschi; Fiscal Year: 2004..Eventually, these preclinical studies in an animal model of "former smokers" will help to evaluate the potential usefulness and also possible dosage regimens of chemopreventive agents characterized by their suppressing action. ..
- ROLE OF CYCLINS D2 AND D3 IN LYPHIOD CELL PROLIFERATIONPiotr Sicinski; Fiscal Year: 2004..2) To determine the consequence of combined ablation of cyclins D2 and D3 for lymphoid development. (3) To determine the role for cyclins D2 and D3 in lymphoid malignancies. ..
- Role of Pitx2 in the Mammalian Central Nervous SystemDonna Martin; Fiscal Year: 2005..5-14.5) mouse diencephalon, 2) Develop and analyze mice with Pitx2 loss of function, and 3) Develop and analyze transgenic mice with CNS-specific Pitx2 gain of function. ..
- Identification of targets of FoxP2 in the brainDaniel Geschwind; Fiscal Year: 2006..This proposal has a strong screening component in an area where no molecular mechanisms have been identified and fits well within the R21 framework. ..
- Immunobiological Role of Fertilization Antigen(FA-1)RAJESH NAZ; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..