Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ccna1
Description: cyclin A1
- Molecular interaction map of the mammalian cell cycle control and DNA repair systemsK W Kohn
Laboratory of Molecular Pharmacology, Division of Basic Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Mol Biol Cell 10:2703-34. 1999..The map shows how multiprotein complexes could assemble and function at gene promoter sites and at sites of DNA damage. It also portrays the richness of connections between the p53-Mdm2 subsystem and other parts of the network...
- Cyclin A is redundant in fibroblasts but essential in hematopoietic and embryonic stem cellsIlona Kalaszczynska
Department of Cancer Biology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell 138:352-65. 2009..Mammalian cells encode two A-type cyclins, testis-specific cyclin A1 and ubiquitously expressed cyclin A2...
- Ribosomal protein S6 gene haploinsufficiency is associated with activation of a p53-dependent checkpoint during gastrulationLinda Panic
Department of Molecular Medicine and Biotechnology, School of Medicine, University of Rijeka, Brace Branchetta 20, 51000, Rijeka, Croatia
Mol Cell Biol 26:8880-91. 2006..Thus, a p53-dependent checkpoint is activated during gastrulation in response to ribosome insufficiency to prevent improper execution of the developmental program...
- Cyclin A1-deficient mice lack histone H3 serine 10 phosphorylation and exhibit altered aurora B dynamics in late prophase of male meiosisHelen D Nickerson
Department of Genetics and Development, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
Dev Biol 306:725-35. 2007Male mice lacking cyclin A1 protein are sterile. Their sterility results from an arrest in the meiotic cell cycle of spermatocytes, which we now identify as occurring at late diplotene, immediately before diakinesis...
- Distinct roles for the mammalian A-type cyclins during oogenesisJenny Liao Persson
Department of Genetics and Development, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York 10032, USA
Reproduction 130:411-22. 2005There are two A-type cyclins in higher vertebrates, cyclin A1 and A2. Targeted mutagenesis has shown that cyclin A2 is essential for early embryonic development while cyclin A1 is required only for male meiosis...
- The cyclin A1-CDK2 complex regulates DNA double-strand break repairCarsten Muller-Tidow
Dept of Medicine, Hematology Oncology, University of Munster, Domagkstr 3, 48129 Munster, Germany
Mol Cell Biol 24:8917-28. 2004Vertebrates express two A-type cyclins; both associate with and activate the CDK2 protein kinase. Cyclin A1 is required in the male germ line, but its molecular functions are incompletely understood...
- Distinct regions of the mouse cyclin A1 gene, Ccna1, confer male germ-cell specific expression and enhancer functionKaren M Lele
The Institute of Human Nutrition, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
Biol Reprod 71:1340-7. 2004The gene encoding mouse cyclin A1, Ccna1, is expressed at highest levels in late pachytene-diplotene spermatocytes, where it is required for meiotic cell division...
- Cyclin A1 regulates WT1 expression in acute myeloid leukemia cellsUtz Krug
Department of Medicine, Hematology and Oncology, University Hospital of Munster, 48129 Munster, Germany
Int J Oncol 34:129-36. 2009b>Cyclin A1 is a cell cycle protein that is expressed in testes, brain and CD34-positive hematopoietic progenitor cells. Cyclin A1 is overexpressed in a variety of myeloid leukemic cell lines and in myeloid leukemic blasts...
- Posttranscriptional regulation of cyclin A1 and cyclin A2 during mouse oocyte meiotic maturation and preimplantation developmentD Fuchimoto
Department of Animal Breeding, Graduate School of Life and Agricultural Science, University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Biol Reprod 65:986-93. 2001..The molecular basis for this transition, however, is poorly understood. Although cyclin A1 is proposed to regulate M phase in the meiotic cell cycle, and cyclin A2 is proposed to regulate S and M phases ..
- Sp1 transcription factor and GATA1 cis-acting elements modulate testis-specific expression of mouse cyclin A1Sunil K Panigrahi
Department of Genetics and Development, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e47862. 2012b>Cyclin A1 is a male germ cell-specific cell cycle regulator that is essential for spermatogenesis...
- A distinct cyclin A is expressed in germ cells in the mouseC Sweeney
University of Cambridge, Department of Biochemistry, UK
Development 122:53-64. 1996..In the adult mouse, the expression of cyclin A1, which has greatest sequence identity with Xenopus cyclin A1, is restricted to germ cells...
- Cyclin A1 is required for meiosis in the male mouseD Liu
Integrated Program in Cellular, Molecular and Biophysical Studies, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
Nat Genet 20:377-80. 1998The mammalian A-type cyclin family consists of two members, cyclin A1 (encoded by Ccna1) and cyclin A2 (encoded by Ccna2). Cyclin A2 promotes both G1/S and G2/M transitions, and targeted deletion of Ccna2 in mouse is embryonic lethal3...
- Regulation of meiosis during mammalian spermatogenesis: the A-type cyclins and their associated cyclin-dependent kinases are differentially expressed in the germ-cell lineageS E Ravnik
Department of Cell Biology and Biochemistry, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, Texas, 79430, USA
Dev Biol 207:408-18. 1999..A-type cyclins during meiosis in the male, we have examined the developmental and cellular distribution of the cyclin A1 and cyclin A2 proteins, as well as their candidate cyclin-dependent kinase partners, Cdk1 and Cdk2, in the ..
- Deletions of Retinoblastoma 1 (Rb1) and Its Repressing Target S Phase Kinase-associated protein 2 (Skp2) Are Synthetic Lethal in Mouse EmbryogenesisHongling Zhao
From the Department of Developmental and Molecular Biology, and Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, and Medicine, the Albert Einstein Comprehensive Cancer Center and Liver Research Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461
J Biol Chem 291:10201-9. 2016..These findings establish that Rb1 and Skp2 deletions are synthetic lethal and suggest how this lethal relationship might be circumvented, which could help design better therapies for pRb-deficient cancer. ..
- Tudor domain containing 12 (TDRD12) is essential for secondary PIWI interacting RNA biogenesis in miceRadha Raman Pandey
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Grenoble Outstation and Unit for Virus Host Cell Interactions, Université Grenoble Alpes, European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, 38042 Grenoble, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:16492-7. 2013..Cell-culture studies with the insect ortholog of TDRD12 suggest a role for the multidomain protein in mediating complex formation with other participants during secondary piRNA biogenesis. ..
- The goya mouse mutant reveals distinct newly identified roles for MAP3K1 in the development and survival of cochlear sensory hair cellsAndrew Parker
MRC Mammalian Genetics Unit, MRC Harwell, Oxford, OX11 0RD, UK
Dis Model Mech 8:1555-68. 2015..In addition, MAP3K1 is revealed as a new candidate gene for human sensorineural hearing loss. ..
- Novel INK4 proteins, p19 and p18, are specific inhibitors of the cyclin D-dependent kinases CDK4 and CDK6H Hirai
Department of Tumor Cell Biology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Mol Cell Biol 15:2672-81. 1995..However, introduction of a vector encoding p19 into mouse NIH 3T3 cells leads to constitutive p19 synthesis, inhibits cyclin D1-CDK4 activity in vivo, and induces G1 phase arrest...
- LEF1 is a critical epithelial survival factor during tooth morphogenesisTomoyo Sasaki
Center for Craniofacial Molecular Biology, School of Dentistry, University of Southern California, 2250 Alcazar Street, CSA 103, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Dev Biol 278:130-43. 2005..Inhibition of apoptotic activity by FGF4 rescues the tooth development in the Lef1 null mutant. Our studies suggest that LEF1 is a critical survival factor for the dental epithelial cells during tooth morphogenesis...
- Cyclin A1 regulates the interactions between mouse haematopoietic stem and progenitor cells and their nichesRegina Miftakhova
a Division of Experimental Cancer Research Department of Translational Medicine Clinical Research Center Lund University Malmö, Sweden
Cell Cycle 14:1948-60. 2015..In the present study, we show that the cell cycle regulator cyclin A1 in association with vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1 (VEGFR1), is required for HSPC and their ..
- RPLP1, a crucial ribosomal protein for embryonic development of the nervous systemLaura Perucho
Leibniz Institute for Age Research Fritz Lipmann Institute FLI, Jena, Germany
PLoS ONE 9:e99956. 2014..Altogether, we demonstrated that the translation "fine-tuning" exerted by Rplp1 is essential for embryonic and brain development and for proper cell proliferation...
- A mutation in the nuclear pore complex gene Tmem48 causes gametogenesis defects in skeletal fusions with sterility (sks) miceKouyou Akiyama
From the Graduate School of Environmental and Life Science and
J Biol Chem 288:31830-41. 2013..Our finding suggested that the nuclear pore complex plays an important role in mammalian gametogenesis and skeletal development. ..
- Cerebellar cortical lamination and foliation require cyclin A2José Javier Otero
The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Department of Pathology, Division of Neuropathology, 4169 Graves Hall, 333 W 10th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA University of California, San Francisco Department of Pathology, Division of Neuropathology, USA Electronic address
Dev Biol 385:328-39. 2014..Here, we tested requirements for cyclin A1 and cyclin A2 function in cerebellar development...
- Osteosclerosis owing to Notch gain of function is solely Rbpj-dependentJianning Tao
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Bone Miner Res 25:2175-83. 2010..As such, it identifies Rbpj as a specific target for manipulating Notch signaling in a cell-autonomous fashion in osteoblasts in bone diseases where Notch may be dysregulated...
- Cell cycle promoting activity of JunB through cyclin A activationSven Andrecht
Division for Signal Transduction and Growth Control, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Biol Chem 277:35961-8. 2002..Thus, cyclin A is a direct transcriptional target of JunB driving cell proliferation...
- Inactivation of Icmt inhibits transformation by oncogenic K-Ras and B-RafMartin O Bergo
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, San Francisco, California 94141 9100, USA
J Clin Invest 113:539-50. 2004..These studies identify Icmt as a potential target for reducing the growth of K-Ras- and B-Raf-induced malignancies...
- Mevalonate promotes the growth of tumors derived from human cancer cells in vivo and stimulates proliferation in vitro with enhanced cyclin-dependent kinase-2 activityRobin E Duncan
Departments of Nutritional Sciences and Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5S 3E2, Canada
J Biol Chem 279:33079-84. 2004....
- Jmjd5, an H3K36me2 histone demethylase, modulates embryonic cell proliferation through the regulation of Cdkn1a expressionAkihiko Ishimura
Division of Functional Genomics, Cancer Research Institute, Kanazawa University, Kakuma machi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa 920 1192, Japan
Development 139:749-59. 2012..Taken together, these results suggest that Jmjd5 physiologically moderates embryonic cell proliferation through the epigenetic control of Cdkn1a expression...
- ATP-dependent activation of p21WAF1/CIP1-associated Cdk2 by Cdc6Qiuming Kan
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Graduate School and Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:4757-62. 2008..These results reveal the never anticipated function of Cdc6 and redefine its role in the control of S-phase progression in mammalian cells...
- Cell cycle regulation in mouse heart during embryonic and postnatal stagesAiko Ikenishi
School of Life Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, Yonago, 683 8503, Japan
Dev Growth Differ 54:731-8. 2012..The data obtained should provide a basis for the analysis of cell cycle regulation in cardiomyocytes during embryonic and postnatal stages...
- Cancer-associated variant expression and interaction of CIZ1 with cyclin A1 in differentiating male germ cellsErin A Greaves
Leeds Institute of Genetics, Health and Therapeutics LIGHT, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
J Cell Sci 125:2466-77. 2012..Furthermore, we show that in these post-replicative cells, CIZ1 interacts with germ-cell-specific cyclin A1, which has been implicated in the repair of DNA double-strand breaks...
- Gtsf1/Cue110, a gene encoding a protein with two copies of a CHHC Zn-finger motif, is involved in spermatogenesis and retrotransposon suppression in murine testesTakuji Yoshimura
Supply Center of Inbred Animals of Osaka University, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Dev Biol 335:216-27. 2009..These observations indicate that Gtsf1/Cue110 is required for spermatogenesis and involved in retrotransposon suppression in male germ cells...
- Mice deficient in Dmrt7 show infertility with spermatogenic arrest at pachytene stageMasaki Kawamata
Department of Molecular Biology, Graduate School of Agriculture, Tohoku University, Sendai 981 8555, Japan
FEBS Lett 580:6442-6. 2006..Absence of spermatids in a histological analysis, decreased expression of Ccna1 mRNA and the accumulation of SCP3-positive spermatocytes showed the arrest of spermatogenesis at the pachytene ..
- Mip/LIN-9 regulates the expression of B-Myb and the induction of cyclin A, cyclin B, and CDK1Mark Pilkinton
Department of Pharmacology, University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Biol Chem 282:168-75. 2007..These data support the concept that Mip/LIN-9 is required for the expression of B-Myb, and both proteins collaborate in the control of the cell cycle progression via the regulation of S phase and mitotic cyclins...
- Phosphorylation of the cyclic AMP response element binding protein mediates transforming growth factor beta-induced downregulation of cyclin A in vascular smooth muscle cellsKentaro Kamiya
Department of Surgery, Weill Cornell Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 1002, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:3489-98. 2007..Taken together, our data indicate that phosphorylation of CREB stimulated by TGFbeta is a critical step leading to the inhibition of cyclin A expression and, thus, VSMC proliferation...
- Induction of apoptosis involving multiple pathways is a primary response to cyclin A1-deficiency in male meiosisGlicella Salazar
Department of Genetics and Development, Institute of Human Nutrition, Center for Reproductive Sciences, Columbia University Medical Center, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY10032, USA
Dev Dyn 234:114-23. 2005The meiotic arrest in male mice null for the cyclin A1 gene (Ccna1) was associated with apoptosis of spermatocytes...
- Analysis of the genetic interactions between Cyclin A1, Atm and p53 during spermatogenesisNicole Baumer
Department of Medicine, Hematology and Oncology, University of Munster, Domagkstr 3, D 48129 Munster, Germany
Asian J Androl 9:739-50. 2007..To analyze the functional interactions of Cyclin with p53 and Atm in spermatogenesis and DNA double-strand break repair...
- A study of the proliferating activity in lens epithelium and the identification of tissue-type stem cellsNaoki Yamamoto
Laboratory of Molecular Biology and Histochemistry, Fujita Health University Joint Research Laboratory, Aichi, Japan
Med Mol Morphol 41:83-91. 2008..Considering together with results of the reactivation pattern of genes, we considered that the location of tissue-type stem cells in lens epithelium (LE) as immediately anterior to the germinative zone...
- Inactivation of insulin-like factor 6 disrupts the progression of spermatogenesis at late meiotic prophaseOzanna Burnicka-Turek
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Gottingen, D 37073 Gottingen, Germany
Endocrinology 150:4348-57. 2009..These results demonstrate that INSL6 is required for the progression of spermatogenesis...
- Function of cyclins in regulating the mitotic and meiotic cell cycles in male germ cellsDebra J Wolgemuth
Departments of Genetics and Development and Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Institute of Human Nutrition, The Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York 10032, USA
Cell Cycle 7:3509-13. 2008..A novel, meiosis-specific function has been shown for one of the A-type cyclins, cyclin A1. Embryonic lethality has obviated understanding of the germline functions of cyclin A2 and cyclin B1, while yet ..
- Ciz1 cooperates with cyclin-A-CDK2 to activate mammalian DNA replication in vitroNikki A Copeland
Department of Biology, University of York, Heslington, York YO10 5YW, UK
J Cell Sci 123:1108-15. 2010....
- Expression of Six1 homeobox gene during development of the mouse submandibular salivary glandE L McCoy
Program in Molecular Biology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, CO, USA
Oral Dis 15:407-13. 2009..5 (E18.5) to postnatal day 28. Additionally, we examine the role of Six1 during SSG development using Six1-deficient mice...
- E2F-3B is a physiological target of cyclin AYiwen He
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of South Florida, College of Medicine, Tampa 33612, USA
J Biol Chem 277:23493-9. 2002..Finally, in synchronized cells, we observe down-regulation of E2F-3B protein expression coincident with the up-regulation of cyclin A. We conclude that E2F-3B is a physiological target of cyclin A...
- Regulation of cyclin and cyclin-dependent kinase gene expression during lens differentiation requires the retinoblastoma proteinL Fromm
Department of Cell Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Oncogene 12:69-75. 1996..These results indicate that the regulated expression of multiple cell cycle regulatory genes during lens fiber cell differentiation requires the presence of pRb...
- Timing of the expression of enamel gene products during mouse tooth developmentM Zeichner-David
Center for Craniofacial Molecular Biology, University of Southern California School of Dentistry, Los Angeles 90033, USA
Int J Dev Biol 41:27-38. 1997..It might also suggest a possible different role for tuftelin than nucleator of hydroxyapatite crystals...
- Expression of myc-family, myc-interacting, and myc-target genes during preimplantation mouse developmentA D Domashenko
Fels Institute for Cancer Research and Molecular Biology, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19140, USA
Mol Reprod Dev 47:57-65. 1997....
- C/EBPalpha regulates formation of S-phase-specific E2F-p107 complexes in livers of newborn miceN A Timchenko
Department of Pathology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Mol Cell Biol 19:2936-45. 1999..The disruption of E2F-p107 complexes correlates with C/EBPalpha-mediated growth arrest of hepatocytes in newborn animals...
- Anchorage-dependent expression of cyclin A in primary cells requires a negative DNA regulatory element and a functional RbA Philips
Institut de Genetique Moleculaire, CNRS, UMR 5535, Montpellier, France
Oncogene 18:1819-25. 1999....
- Loss of Cul1 results in early embryonic lethality and dysregulation of cyclin EM J Dealy
Department of Biology, University of California, San Diego, California 92093 0366, USA
Nat Genet 23:245-8. 1999..We show that Cul1 is required for early mouse development and that Cul1 mutants fail to regulate the abundance of the G1 cyclin, cyclin E (encoded by Ccne), during embryogenesis...
- A role for cyclin A1 in the activation of MPF and G2-M transition during meiosis of male germ cells in miceD Liu
The Integrated Program in Cellular, Molecular and Biophysical Studies, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
Dev Biol 224:388-400. 2000..We have shown that in mice, targeted disruption of an A-type cyclin gene, cyclin A1, results in a block of spermatogenesis prior to the entry into metaphase I...
- Altered myelopoiesis and the development of acute myeloid leukemia in transgenic mice overexpressing cyclin A1C Liao
Department of Genetics and Development, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:6853-8. 2001A mammalian A-type cyclin, cyclin A1, is highly expressed in testes of both human and mouse and targeted mutagenesis in the mouse has revealed the unique requirement for cyclin A1 in the progression of male germ cells through the meiotic ..
- A CDK-independent function of mammalian Cks1: targeting of SCF(Skp2) to the CDK inhibitor p27Kip1C Spruck
The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Mol Cell 7:639-50. 2001..CKS1-/- mice are abnormally small, and cells derived from them proliferate poorly, particularly under limiting mitogen conditions, possibly due to elevated levels of p27Kip1...
- Cables enhances cdk2 tyrosine 15 phosphorylation by Wee1, inhibits cell growth, and is lost in many human colon and squamous cancersC L Wu
Department of Pathology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston 02114, USA
Cancer Res 61:7325-32. 2001..The data provide evidence for a Cables-mediated interplay between cdk2 and Wee1 that leads to inhibition of cell growth. Conversely, loss of Cables may cause uncontrolled cell growth and enhance tumor formation...
- Mouse emi1 has an essential function in mitotic progression during early embryogenesisHo Lee
Department of Biological Sciences, Biomedical Research Center, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, 373 1 Guseoung dong, Yuseong Gu, Daejeon 305 701, South Korea
Mol Cell Biol 26:5373-81. 2006..Our results collectively suggest that the late prophase checkpoint function of Emi1 is essential for accurate mitotic progression and embryonic viability...
- Exploration of the cell-cycle genes found within the RIKEN FANTOM2 data setAlistair R R Forrest
The Institute for Molecular Bioscience, University of Queensland, Queensland Q4072, Australia
Genome Res 13:1366-75. 2003..We identified 1415 genes with possible cell-cycle roles, and 1758 potential paralogs. We comment on the genes identified in this screen and evaluate the merits of each approach...
- Cranial neural crest-derived mesenchymal proliferation is regulated by Msx1-mediated p19(INK4d) expression during odontogenesisJun Han
School of Dentistry, University of Southern California, 2250 Alcazar Street, CSA 103, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Dev Biol 261:183-96. 2003..Genetic mutation of Msx1 may alternatively instruct the fate of these progenitor cells during craniofacial development...
- Mili, a mammalian member of piwi family gene, is essential for spermatogenesisSatomi Kuramochi-Miyagawa
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, 3 1 Yamada oka, Suita Shi, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Development 131:839-49. 2004..These data indicate that MILI is essential for the differentiation of spermatocytes...
- Cyclin A1 protein shows haplo-insufficiency for normal fertility in male miceTiffany van der Meer
Department of Physiology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 3EG, UK
Reproduction 127:503-11. 2004..The cyclin A1 gene (Ccna1) is expressed during meiosis and is required for spermatogenesis...
- The Six1 homeoprotein stimulates tumorigenesis by reactivation of cyclin A1Ricardo D Coletta
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:6478-83. 2004..Here we show that the tissue-restricted cyclin A1 is a transcriptional target of the Six1 homeoprotein...
- Patterns of expression of cyclins A, B1, D, E and cdk 2 in preimplantation mouse embryosRonald R Waclaw
Department of Biology, Ball State University, Muncie, Indiana, USA
Zygote 12:19-30. 2004..Cdk 2 was present at consistent levels during G1 and S phases of all three cell cycles declining slightly in G2...
- Mouse development and cell proliferation in the absence of D-cyclinsKatarzyna Kozar
Department of Cancer Biology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell 118:477-91. 2004..Lastly, we found that cells lacking D-cyclins display reduced susceptibility to the oncogenic transformation. Our results reveal the presence of alternative mechanisms that allow cell cycle progression in a cyclin D-independent fashion...
- Expression of cell cycle-related proteins in developing and adult mouse hippocampusStefanie Schmetsdorf
Department of Neuroanatomy, Paul Flechsig Institute for Brain Research, University of Leipzig, Jahnallee 59, 04109 Leipzig, Germany
Int J Dev Neurosci 23:101-12. 2005..Thus, they may have supplementary functions in differentiated neurons that might be associated with neuronal plasticity...
- Cell cycle in mouse developmentMaria A Ciemerych
Department of Embryology, Institute of Zoology, Faculty of Biology, Warsaw University, Miecznikowa 1, 02 096 Warsaw, Poland
Oncogene 24:2877-98. 2005..Our text is meant to provide examples of the recent experiments, rather than to supply an extensive and complete list...
- Cyclin-dependent kinase 5 is essential for neuronal cell cycle arrest and differentiationSamantha Cicero
Department of Pharmacology, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Neurosci 25:9658-68. 2005..These data indicate that Cdk5 is necessary for both neuronal differentiation and cell cycle inhibition...
- The proline-histidine-rich CDK2/CDK4 interaction region of C/EBPalpha is dispensable for C/EBPalpha-mediated growth regulation in vivoBo Torben Porse
Section for Gene Therapy Research, Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Copenhagen University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Mol Cell Biol 26:1028-37. 2006..Surprisingly, control experiments performed in C/EBPalpha null fetal livers yielded similar results...
- Ectopic expression of C/EBPalpha in the lung epithelium disrupts late lung developmentTove Berg
Division for Respiratory Medicine, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institute, Lung Research Laboratory L4 01, Karolinska University Hospital Solna, Stockholm SE171 76, Sweden
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 291:L683-93. 2006..In conclusion, our results show a role for C/EBPalpha in lung development and suggest a function in the later stages of lung branching morphogenesis...
- Defective neurogenesis in citron kinase knockout mice by altered cytokinesis and massive apoptosisF Di Cunto
Department of Genetics, Biology and Biochemistry, University of Torino, Italy
Neuron 28:115-27. 2000..Our results indicate that Citron-K is essential for cytokinesis in vivo but only in specific neuronal precursors. Moreover, they suggest a novel molecular mechanism for a subset of human malformative syndromes of the CNS...
- The Role of Cyclin A1 in Acute Myeloid LeukemiaDEBRA WOLGEMUTH; Fiscal Year: 2006..Interestingly, in the transgenic mouse model and in human NB4 cells, the localization of cyclin A1 is predominantly cytoplasmic, distinct from its nuclear localization in germ cells...
- C/EBP alpha in Aging LiverNikolai Timchenko; Fiscal Year: 2009..Based on data obtained in this project, we are planning to start developing a strategy to correct liver proliferation in elderly. ..