Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cbr1
Description: carbonyl reductase 1
Alias: AW261796, Cbr, carbonyl reductase [NADPH] 1, 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase, Carbonyl reductase [NADPH] 1 (NADPH-dependent carbonyl reductase 1), NADPH-dependent carbonyl reductase 1, prostaglandin 9-ketoreductase, prostaglandin-E(2) 9-reductase
- Carbonyl reductase 1 is an essential regulator of skeletal muscle differentiation and regenerationSangbin Lim
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Medicine, Kyung Hee University, Seoul 130 701, Republic of Korea
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 45:1784-93. 2013..Carbonyl reductase 1 (CBR1) reduces highly reactive lipid aldehydes and catalyzes a variety of endogenous and xenobiotic carbonyl compounds...
- Localization of four human chromosome 21 genes--SOD1, ETS2, IFNAR, and CBR--to two different chromosomes in the marsupial species Macropus eugeniiS Brookes
Molecular Embryology and Birth Defects Laboratory, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Cytogenet Cell Genet 61:25-8. 1992..SOD1), the protooncogene ETS2, the interferon alpha/beta receptor gene (IFNAR), and the carbonyl reductase gene (CBR)--in the tammar, Macropus eugenii...
- High-resolution mapping of D16led-1, Gart, Gas-4, Cbr, Pcp-4, and Erg on distal mouse chromosome 16A E Mjaatvedt
Department of Physiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205
Genomics 17:382-6. 1993..The map order, including previously mapped reference markers, is (cen)-D16H21S16-D16Led-1-App-Sod-1-Gart-Gas-4-Cbr++ +-wv-Pcp-4-Erg-Ets-2. This gene order recapitulates the order of the genes on human chromosome 21 where known...
- Cloning a cDNA for carbonyl reductase (Cbr) from mouse cerebellum: murine genes that express cbr map to chromosomes 16 and 11J Wei
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana, 46202, USA
Genomics 34:147-8. 1996
- Assessment of a mutation in the H5 domain of Girk2 as a candidate for the weaver mutationA E Mjaatvedt
Department of Physiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Genome Res 5:453-63. 1995..This suggests that if the Girk2 mutation is responsible for the wv phenotype, it does not act by altering these electrical properties of developing GCs...
- Involvement of two basic residues (Lys-17 and Arg-39) of mouse lung carbonyl reductase in NADP(H)-binding and fatty acid activation: site-directed mutagenesis and kinetic analysesM Nakanishi
Department of Applied Chemistry, Faculty of Engineering, Gifu University
J Biochem 120:257-63. 1996....
- The murine Dyrk protein maps to chromosome 16, localizes to the nucleus, and can form multimersW J Song
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor 48109, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 231:640-4. 1997....
- Physical and comparative mapping of distal mouse chromosome 16. 5 p5D E Cabin
Department of Physiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205 USA
Genome Res 8:940-50. 1998..Comparison of this physical map with that of the corresponding region on Chr. 21 shows conservation not only of gene order but of size in the 3 Mb from Cbr1 to Ets2; distal to Ets2, the human map is expanded.
- Cloning and bacterial expression of monomeric short-chain dehydrogenase/reductase (carbonyl reductase) from CHO-K1 cellsT Terada
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Osaka University, Japan
Eur J Biochem 267:6849-57. 2000..RT-PCR of Chinese hamster tissues suggest that CHO-CR is highly expressed in kidney, testis, brain, heart, liver, uterus and ovary. Southern blotting analysis indicated the complexity of the Chinese hamster carbonyl reductase gene...
- On the cause of mental retardation in Down syndrome: extrapolation from full and segmental trisomy 16 mouse modelsZ Galdzicki
Section on Brain Physiology and Metabolism, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Brain Res Brain Res Rev 35:115-45. 2001..Changes in timing and synaptic interaction between neurons during development can lead to less than optimal functioning of neural circuitry and signaling then and in later life...
- A chromosome 21 critical region does not cause specific Down syndrome phenotypesL E Olson
Department of Physiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Science 306:687-90. 2004..The DSCR genes were not sufficient and were largely not necessary to produce the facial phenotype. These results refute specific predictions of the prevailing hypothesis of gene action in DS...
- Mouse models of cognitive disorders in trisomy 21: a reviewZohra Seregaza
Génomique fonctionnelle, Pathologies, Comportements, P3M, UMR 6196, CNRS Université de la Méditerranée, Marseille, France
Behav Genet 36:387-404. 2006..This review confirms the crucial but not exclusive contribution of the D21S17-ETS2 region encompassing 16 genes to cognitive disorders...
- Carbonyl reductase 1 protects pancreatic β-cells against oxidative stress-induced apoptosis in glucotoxicity and glucolipotoxicityM A Rashid
Medical Science and Engineering Research Center for Bioreaction to Reactive Oxygen Species and Biomedical Science Institute BK 21, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Medicine, Kyung Hee University, Seoul 130 701, Korea
Free Radic Biol Med 49:1522-33. 2010Carbonyl reductase 1 (CBR1) plays an important role in the detoxification of reactive lipid aldehydes. Oxidative stress has been implicated in the pathogenesis of pancreatic β-cell failure...