Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: cathepsin M
Description: cathepsin M
Alias: 1600027J17Rik, AI324100, Catm, cathepsin M, Cat M
- Placental cathepsin M is alternatively spliced and exclusively expressed in the spongiotrophoblast layerSalima Bode
Institut für Molekulare Medizin und Zellforschung, Albert Ludwigs Universitat Freiburg, Stefan Meier Str 17, D 79104 Freiburg, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1731:160-7. 2005b>Cathepsin M and cathepsin-3 are cysteine peptidases expressed exclusively in the murine placenta. Their expression increases continuously from 11.5 dpc until the end of gestation...
- Transient reduction of placental angiogenesis in PAI-1-deficient miceSoraya Labied
Laboratory of Tumour and Development Biology, University of Liege, Tour de Pathologie B23, Groupe Interdisciplinaire de Génoprotéomique Appliquée Cancer GIGA Cancer, Liege, Belgium
Physiol Genomics 43:188-98. 2011..Altogether our data provide evidence for a transient impaired placental morphology in PAI-1-deficient mice that is then normalized, leading to normal embryonic development...
- The genome-defence gene Tex19.1 suppresses LINE-1 retrotransposons in the placenta and prevents intra-uterine growth retardation in miceJudith Reichmann
MRC Human Genetics Unit, MRC Institute of Genetics and Molecular Medicine, Western General Hospital, Universityof Edinburgh, Crewe Road, Edinburgh, UK
Hum Mol Genet 22:1791-806. 2013....
- Mouse cathepsin M, a placenta-specific lysosomal cysteine protease related to cathepsins L and PK Sol-Church
Laboratory of Enzymology, Department of Research, Alfred I duPont Hospital for Children, P O Box 269, Wilmington, DE, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1491:289-94. 2000..complete nucleotide sequence of a novel cathepsin cDNA derived from mouse placenta was determined and is termed cathepsin M. The predicted protein of 333 amino acid is a member of the family C1A proteases and is related to mouse ..
- Evolution of placentally expressed cathepsinsKatia Sol-Church
Laboratory of Clinical Biochemistry, Alfred I duPont Hospital for Children, P O Box 269, Wilmington, DE 19899, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 293:23-9. 2002..Species-specific gene duplications have given rise to variants of cathepsin M in mice, and cathepsin Q in rats...
- Cathepsin gene expression in mouse placenta during the latter half of pregnancyMichiyo Ishida
Laboratory of Functional Anatomy, Department of Life Sciences, Faculty of Agriculture, Meiji University, Tama ku, Kawasaki, Japan
J Reprod Dev 50:515-23. 2004..Among subtracted cDNAs cathepsin M, Q and R in PECs were specifically identified on days 14 and 16 pregnancy...
- Identification and characterization of a dense cluster of placenta-specific cysteine peptidase genes and related genes on mouse chromosome 13Jan Deussing
Institut für Molekulare Medizin und Zellforschung, Albert Ludwigs Universitat Freiburg, Hugstetter Strasse 55, Freiburg, 79106, FRG
Genomics 79:225-40. 2002..The specific expression pattern and high expression level suggest an essential role of cathepsin J-like peptidases and related genes in formation and development of the murine placenta...