Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Car2
Description: carbonic anhydrase 2
Alias: AI131712, CAII, Ca2, Car-2, Ltw-5, Lvtw-5, carbonic anhydrase 2, CA-II, carbonate dehydratase II, carbonic anhydrase II
- Ocular retardation mouse caused by Chx10 homeobox null allele: impaired retinal progenitor proliferation and bipolar cell differentiationM Burmeister
Mental Health Research Institute, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 0720, USA
Nat Genet 12:376-84. 1996..off..
- The AXB and BXA set of recombinant inbred mouse strainsJ D Marshall
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609 1500
Mamm Genome 3:669-80. 1992..Thus, the AXB and BXA set of RI strains will be useful in the genetic analysis of several complex diseases...
- Mapping of the mouse 86-kDa heat-shock protein expressed gene (Hsp86-1) on chromosome 12 and related genes on chromosomes 3, 4, 9, and 11S K Moore
Laboratory of Cell Biology, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Genomics 10:1019-29. 1991..An HSP86-related locus specific to NFS/N and C58/J mice, designated Hsp86-ps3, was mapped on Chromosome 9. Also, an HSP86-related locus that was unique to NFS/N mice, designated Hsp86-ps4, was mapped to Chromosome 4...
- A locus for circadian period of locomotor activity on mouse proximal chromosome 3Kari L Kernek
Program in Medical Neurobiology, Department of Psychiatry, Institute of Psychiatric Research, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Chronobiol Int 21:343-52. 2004..activity is a characteristic of a congenic strain of mice carrying a nonsense mutation in exon 5 of the carbonic anhydrase II gene, car2...
- Putative anion transporter-1 (Pat-1, Slc26a6) contributes to intracellular pH regulation during H+-dipeptide transport in duodenal villous epitheliumJanet E Simpson
Dalton Cardiovascular Research Center, Univ of Missouri Columbia, 65211, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 298:G683-91. 2010..Pat-1 interacts with carbonic anhydrase II (CAII), and studies using CAII(-) intestine or the pharmacological inhibitor methazolamide on WT intestine ..
- Phenotypic characteristics of bone in carbonic anhydrase II-deficient miceDavid S Margolis
Orthopaedic Research Lab, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
Calcif Tissue Int 82:66-76. 2008b>Carbonic anhydrase II (CAII)-deficient mice were created to study the syndrome of CAII deficiency in humans including osteopetrosis, renal tubular acidosis, and cerebral calcification...
- Characterization of CA XIII, a novel member of the carbonic anhydrase isozyme familyJonna Lehtonen
Institute of Medical Technology, University of Tampere, Tampere, Finland
J Biol Chem 279:2719-27. 2004..In conclusion, the predicted amino acid sequence, structural model, distribution, and activity data suggest that CA XIII represents a novel enzyme, which may play important physiological roles in several organs...
- N-ethyl-N-nitrosourea-induced null mutation at the mouse Car-2 locus: an animal model for human carbonic anhydrase II deficiency syndromeS E Lewis
Research Triangle Institute, NC 27709
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 85:1962-6. 1988..progeny of male mice treated with N-ethyl-N-nitrosourea revealed a mouse that lacked the paternal carbonic anhydrase II (CA II)...
- Carbonic anhydrase isozyme-II-deficient mice lack the duodenal bicarbonate secretory response to prostaglandin E2Mari Leppilampi
Institute of Medical Technology, University of Tampere and Tampere University Hospital, FI 33520 Tampere, Finland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:15247-52. 2005..b>CA II- and IX-deficient mice and different combinations of their heterozygous and WT counterparts were studied...
- Co-expression of pendrin, vacuolar H+-ATPase alpha4-subunit and carbonic anhydrase II in epithelial cells of the murine endolymphatic sacHongwei Dou
Center for Hearing and Deafness Research, Department of Pediatric Otolaryngology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
J Histochem Cytochem 52:1377-84. 2004..Pendrin- and vH+-ATPase-positive cells also expressed cytoplasmic CA II. Co-expression of pendrin, vH+-ATPase, and CA II in the same subgroup of ES cells suggests that this specific type ..
- Lactate flux in astrocytes is enhanced by a non-catalytic action of carbonic anhydrase IIMalin H Stridh
Division of General Zoology, Department of Biology, University of Kaiserslautern, PO Box 3049, D 67653 Kaiserslautern, Germany
J Physiol 590:2333-51. 2012..In the present study, we report that carbonic anhydrase 2 (CAII) enhances both influx and efflux of lactate in mouse cerebellar astrocytes...
- Definition of mouse chromosome 1 and 3 gene linkage groups that are conserved on human chromosome 1: evidence that a conserved linkage group spans the centromere of human chromosome 1W S Moseley
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710
Genomics 5:899-905. 1989..These studies provide a model for examination of specific evolutionary events...
- Carbonic anhydrase gene expression in CA II-deficient (Car2-/-) and CA IX-deficient (Car9-/-) micePeiwen Pan
Institute of Medical Technology, University of Tampere and Tampere University Hospital, Biokatu 6, 33520 Tampere, Finland
J Physiol 571:319-27. 2006..isozymes (CA) I, II, III, IV, IX, XII, XIII and XIV in the brain, kidney, stomach and colon of the wild-type, CA II-deficient (Car2-/-), and CA IX deficient (Car9-/-) mice...
- Analysis of the tissue-specific expression, developmental regulation, and linkage relationships of a rodent gene encoding heart fatty acid binding proteinR O Heuckeroth
J Biol Chem 262:9709-17. 1987..abstract truncated at 400 words)..
- Expression of discoidin domain receptor 1 during mouse brain development follows the progress of myelinationN Franco-Pons
Unitat de Psiquiatria i Psicologia Mèdica, Facultat de Medicina i Ciencies de la Salut, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, and Departament de Formació i Investigació, Hospital Psiquiatric Universitari Institut Pere Mata, Reus, Spain
Neuroscience 140:463-75. 2006....
- Comparative ontogeny, processing, and segmental distribution of the renal chloride channel, ClC-5Francois Jouret
Division of Nephrology and Laboratory of Developmental Genetics, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Kidney Int 65:198-208. 2004..However, the ontogeny of ClC-5, and its processing and segmental distribution with respect to related proteins during nephrogenesis remain unknown...
- Double knockout of carbonic anhydrase II (CAII) and Na(+)-Cl(-) cotransporter (NCC) causes salt wasting and volume depletionJie Xu
Research Services, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Cell Physiol Biochem 32:173-83. 2013..b>Carbonic anhydrase II (CAII, CA2 or CAR2) plays an important role in acid-base transport and salt reabsorption in the proximal ..
- Expression patterns and subcellular localization of carbonic anhydrases are developmentally regulated during tooth formationClaes Göran Reibring
Department of Oral Biochemistry, Sahlgrenska Academy at the University of Gothenburg, Goteborg, Sweden
PLoS ONE 9:e96007. 2014..The most salient findings include expression of CAII/Car2 not only in maturation-stage ameloblasts (MA) but also in the papillary layer, dental papilla mesenchyme, ..
- Carbonic anhydrase II gene expression in mouse pancreatic duct cellsS Githens
Department of Biological Sciences, University of New Orleans, Louisiana
Pancreas 7:556-61. 1992..This requires that the CA II gene be expressed in mouse pancreatic duct cells and not in other pancreatic cells, as has already been shown to ..
- Normal Fertility Requires the Expression of Carbonic Anhydrases II and IV in SpermPetra M Wandernoth
From the Institute of Anatomy, University Hospital, University Duisburg Essen, Hufelandstrase 55, 45122 Essen, Germany
J Biol Chem 290:29202-16. 2015..We show that two CA isoforms, CAII and CAIV, are distributed along the epididymal epithelium and appear with the onset of puberty...
- Polymorphic gene for human carbonic anhydrase II: a molecular disease marker located on chromosome 8P J Venta
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 80:4437-40. 1983..A panel of 28 mouse-human somatic cell hybrids of known karyotype was screened for the presence of the human carbonic anhydrase II (CA II) gene, which encodes one of the three well-characterized, genetically distinct carbonic anhydrase ..
- Carbonic anhydrase enzymes regulate mast cell-mediated inflammationEverett K Henry
Center for Immunity and Inflammation, New Jersey Medical School, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Newark, NJ 07103 Department of Medicine, New Jersey Medical School, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Newark, NJ 07103
J Exp Med 213:1663-73. 2016....
- Expression, assay, and structure of the extracellular domain of murine carbonic anhydrase XIV: implications for selective inhibition of membrane-associated isozymesDouglas A Whittington
Roy and Diana Vagelos Laboratories, Department of Chemistry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 279:7223-8. 2004....
- Correction of renal tubular acidosis in carbonic anhydrase II-deficient mice with gene therapyL W Lai
Department of Medicine, University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, Tucson, Arizona 85724, USA
J Clin Invest 101:1320-5. 1998b>Carbonic anhydrase II (CAII) deficiency in humans is associated with a syndrome of renal tubular acidosis, osteopetrosis, and cerebral calcification...
- Expression and role of laminin-1 in mouse pancreatic organogenesisC A Crisera
Children s Mercy Hospital, Kansas City, Missouri 64108 4698, USA
Diabetes 49:936-44. 2000..Immunohistochemistry, however, showed that pancreatic duct cell-specific differentiation (carbonic anhydrase II) without ductal morphogenesis was still present, despite the blockage of duct morphogenesis by the anti-..
- Inactivation of Notch signaling in the renal collecting duct causes nephrogenic diabetes insipidus in miceHyun Woo Jeong
Department of Biological Sciences, Seoul National University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
J Clin Invest 119:3290-300. 2009..Our data demonstrate that Notch signaling is required for the development of the mammalian renal collecting duct and principal cell differentiation and indicate that pathway dysregulation may contribute to distal renal tubular disorders...
- Carbonic anhydrase 2 deficiency leads to increased pyelonephritis susceptibilityDavid S Hains
Division of Nephrology, Le Bonheur Children s Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 307:F869-80. 2014b>Carbonic anhydrase 2 regulates acid-base homeostasis, and recent findings have indicated a correlation between cellular control of acid-base status and the innate defense of the kidney...
- Ephrin-B2 governs morphogenesis of endolymphatic sac and duct epithelia in the mouse inner earSteven Raft
Section on Sensory Cell Regeneration and Development, National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA Electronic address
Dev Biol 390:51-67. 2014..We propose that developmental dysplasias described here are a gene dose-sensitive cause of the vestibular dysfunction observed in EphB-Efnb2 signaling-deficient mice. ..
- Chromosomal location of Evi-1, a common site of ecotropic viral integration in AKXD murine myeloid tumorsM L Mucenski
NCI Frederick Cancer Research Facility, BRI Basic Research Program, Maryland 21701
Oncogene Res 2:219-33. 1988..These results suggest that Evi-1 represents a new locus involved in myeloid disease...
- A systematic survey of carbonic anhydrase mRNA expression during mammalian inner ear developmentLing Wu
Department of Anatomy, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Dev Dyn 242:269-80. 2013..To understand the specific roles of CA isozymes in the inner ear, a systematic survey was conducted to reveal temporal and spatial expression patterns of all 16 CA isozymes during inner ear development...
- Mechanisms of p53 activation and physiological relevance in the developing kidneyKaram Aboudehen
Department of Pediatrics, Tulane University School of Medicine, 1430 Tulane Ave, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 302:F928-40. 2012..We speculate that the stress/hypoxia of the embryonic microenvironment may provide the stimulus for p53 activation in the developing kidney...
- Carbonic anhydrase II regulates differentiation of ameloblasts via intracellular pH-dependent JNK signaling pathwayXiaogu Wang
Department of Biochemistry, School of Dentistry, Showa University, Tokyo, Japan
J Cell Physiol 225:709-19. 2010..We found that the expression level of carbonic anhydrase II (CAII) is strongly up-regulated in parallel with differentiation of enamel epithelium tissues, while the ..
- Novel transcripts of carbonic anhydrase II in mouse and human testisP Mezquita
Laboratori de Genètica Molecular, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, Facultat de Medicina, Universitat de Barcelona, Spain
Mol Hum Reprod 5:199-205. 1999..b>Carbonic anhydrase II, catalysing the synthesis of bicarbonate within spermatozoa, must play a significant role in these ..
- Estrogen action and male fertility: roles of the sodium/hydrogen exchanger-3 and fluid reabsorption in reproductive tract functionQ Zhou
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL 61802, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:14132-7. 2001..Immunohistochemical staining for NHE3, carbonic anhydrase II (CAII), and aquaporin-I (AQP1) was decreased in ER alpha knockout (alpha ERKO) efferent ductules...
- Regulation of the sodium bicarbonate cotransporter kNBC1 function: role of Asp(986), Asp(988) and kNBC1-carbonic anhydrase II bindingEitan Gross
Department of Urology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
J Physiol 544:679-85. 2002..A homologous motif (D887ADD) in the carboxy-terminus of the anion exchanger AE1 binds to carbonic anhydrase II (CAII)...
- Using evolutionary rates to investigate protein functional divergence and conservation. A case study of the carbonic anhydrasesBjarne Knudsen
Bioinformatics Research Center, University of Aarhus, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Genetics 164:1261-9. 2003..As illustrated by the CAs, these LRTs, in combination with other biological evidence, offer a powerful and cost-effective approach for testing hypotheses, making predictions, and designing experiments in protein functional studies...
- Global analysis of genes differentially expressed in branching and non-branching regions of the mouse embryonic lungJINING LU
Pulmonary Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Dev Biol 273:418-35. 2004..Our data suggest that these genes may regulate focal developmental events specific of each of these regions during respiratory tract formation...
- Carbonic anhydrases in the mouse harderian glandPei wen Pan
Institute of Medical Technology, University of Tampere, Biokatu 6, 33520 Tampere, Finland
J Mol Histol 41:411-7. 2010..Car5b and Car13 showed the highest signals. Car4, Car6, and Car12 showed moderate expression levels, whereas Car2, Car3, Car7, and Car15 mRNAs were barely within the detection limits...
- Ubiquitous and kidney-specific subunits of vacuolar H+-ATPase are differentially expressed during nephrogenesisFrancois Jouret
Division of Nephrology, Universite Catholique de Louvain, 10 Avenue Hippocrate, Brussels, Belgium B 1200
J Am Soc Nephrol 16:3235-46. 2005..They provide new insights into the complex regulation of V-ATPase subunits, the maturation of IC along the nephron, and the pathophysiology of hereditary dRTA...
- An olfactory subsystem that detects carbon disulfide and mediates food-related social learningSteven D Munger
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Curr Biol 20:1438-44. 2010..guanylyl cyclase GC-D, the cyclic nucleotide-gated channel subunit CNGA3, and the carbonic anhydrase isoform CAII (GC-D(+) OSNs) is required for the acquisition of socially transmitted food preferences (STFPs) in mice...
- Expression and functional analysis of genes deregulated in mouse placental overgrowth models: Car2 and Ncam1Umashankar Singh
Department of Development and Genetics, Evolutionary Biology Center, Uppsala University, Sweden
Dev Dyn 234:1034-45. 2005..In the present study, we focused on two genes, Car2 and Ncam1, which both exhibited increased expression in interspecies and cloned hyperplastic placentas...
- Duodenal acidity "sensing" but not epithelial HCO3- supply is critically dependent on carbonic anhydrase II expressionMarkus Sjöblom
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Endocrinology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover 30625, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:13094-9. 2009..The results suggest that CA II is important for duodenocyte acidification by low luminal pH and for eliciting the acid-mediated HCO(3)(-) ..
- A single copy of carbonic anhydrase 2 restores wild-type circadian period to carbonic anhydrase II-deficient miceKari L Kernek
Program in Medical Neurobiology, Department of Psychiatry, Institute of Psychiatric Research, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, 46202, USA
Behav Genet 36:301-8. 2006b>Carbonic anhydrase II (CA-II)-deficient mice have long circadian periods compared to their siblings with normal CA-II levels...
- Timing and expression pattern of carbonic anhydrase II in pancreasAkari Inada
Section of Islet Transplantation and Cell Biology, Joslin Diabetes Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Dev Dyn 235:1571-7. 2006..search for genetic markers for assessing the role of duct cells in pancreas growth, we examined whether carbonic anhydrase II (CAII) has ductal cell specificity...
- Sjögren's syndrome-like disease of C57BL/6.NOD-Aec1 Aec2 mice: gender differences in keratoconjunctivitis sicca defined by a cross-over in the chromosome 3 Aec1 locusC Nguyen
Department of Oral Biology, College of Dentistry, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Scand J Immunol 64:295-307. 2006..These data suggest SjS-like disease in the NOD mouse shows gender-specific regulation determined by autosomal genes...
- Identification of an inflammation-inducible serum protein recognized by anti-disialic acid antibodies as carbonic anhydrase IIZenta Yasukawa
Laboratory of Animal Cell Function, Bioscience and Biotechnology Center, Nagoya University, Nagoya 464 8601, Japan
J Biochem 141:429-41. 2007..The 32-kDa protein was identified as carbonic anhydrase II (CA-II), based on matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry analyses of ..
- A systematic quantification of carbonic anhydrase transcripts in the mouse digestive systemPei wen Pan
Institute of Medical Technology, University of Tampere and Tampere University Hospital, 33520, Tampere, Finland
BMC Mol Biol 8:22. 2007..In the present study, we systematically examined the mRNA expression levels of all known CA isozymes by quantitative real-time PCR in eight tissues of the digestive system of male and female mice...
- Detection of near-atmospheric concentrations of CO2 by an olfactory subsystem in the mouseJi Hu
National Institute of Biological Sciences, Beijing, 102206, China
Science 317:953-7. 2007..038%). We demonstrated the expression of carbonic anhydrase type II (CAII), an enzyme that catabolizes CO2, in a subset of mouse olfactory neurons that express guanylyl cyclase D (GC-D+ ..
- Enhanced formation of a HCO3- transport metabolon in exocrine cells of Nhe1-/- miceMireya Gonzalez-Begne
Center for Oral Biology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Biol Chem 282:35125-32. 2007..Indeed, the parotid glands of Nhe1(-/-) mice expressed higher levels of carbonic anhydrase 2 (Car2) polypeptide...
- Increased levels of carbonic anhydrase II in the developing Down syndrome brainSonia Palminiello
San Raffaele Pisana, Rome and San Raffaele Cassino, Italy
Brain Res 1190:193-205. 2008By using a proteomic approach, we found increased levels of carbonic anhydrase II (CA II) in the brain of Ts65Dn mice, a mouse model for Down syndrome (DS)...
- Impaired placental trophoblast lineage differentiation in Alkbh1(-/-) miceZishu Pan
Department of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, California 92697, USA
Dev Dyn 237:316-27. 2008..Our study demonstrates Alkbh1 performs important functions in placental trophoblast lineage differentiation and participates in mechanisms of transcriptional regulation...
- Transcription arrest relief by S-II/TFIIS during gene expression in erythroblast differentiationMakiko Nagata
Department of Developmental Biochemistry, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Genes Cells 14:371-80. 2009..These results suggest that S-II is involved in transcription of the Bcl-x and beta(major)-globin gene during erythroblast differentiation, by relieving transcription arrest or affecting histone modification on chromatin template...
- Analysis of the mouse Amy locus in recombinant inbred mouse strainsP R Paul
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Roswell Park Memorial Institute, Buffalo, New York 14263
Biochem Genet 25:569-79. 1987..Previously reported differences for strains YBR and CE have been confirmed. New segregation data for carbonic anhydrase, a locus near the proximal end of mouse chromosome 3, are presented...
- Resistance of hippocampal synaptic transmission to hypoxia in carbonic anhydrase II-deficient miceL Velisek
Department of Neurology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Brain Res 671:245-53. 1995Mutant Car2n/Car2n mice deficient in carbonic anhydrase II (CA II; a major brain CA isozyme) suffer from systemic acidosis and are more resistant to experimental seizures than their normal littermates (+/+ or +/Car2n)...
- Intraocular pressure in genetically distinct mice: an update and strain surveyO V Savinova
The Jackson Laboratory, 600 Main Street, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA
BMC Genet 2:12. 2001....
- Esterase-26 (ES-26): characterization and genetic location on chromosome 3 of an eserine-sensitive esterase of the house mouse (Mus musculus)O H von Deimling
Biochem Genet 22:1119-26. 1984..The enzyme was shown to be controlled by the presumed structural locus Es-26, located on chromosome 3. From a four-point cross, the gene order Car-2--6.2 +/- 2.7--Es-16--21.0 +/- 4.5--Es-26--13.6 +/- 3.8--Amy-1 was established...
- Novel carbonic anhydrase (Car-2) allele in Spanish miceJ B Whitney
Biochem Genet 22:913-22. 1984....
- The nucleotide sequence and derived amino acid sequence of cDNA coding for mouse carbonic anhydrase IIP J Curtis
Gene 25:325-32. 1983....
- Organization of the mouse and human carbonic anhydrase II genesP J Venta
Ann N Y Acad Sci 429:309-23. 1984
- Cloning of mouse carbonic anhydrase mRNA and its induction in mouse erythroleukemic cellsP J Curtis
J Biol Chem 258:4459-63. 1983..Hybridization analysis of poly(A+) RNA from uninduced and induced mouse erythroleukemic cells labeled for short and long time periods indicated that induction results in an increase of carbonic anhydrase mRNA in newly synthesized RNA...
- Cocoa: a new mouse model for platelet storage pool deficiencyE K Novak
Roswell Park Memorial Institute, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Buffalo, New York 14263
Br J Haematol 69:371-8. 1988..Cocoa may be a model for cases of human Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome in which functions of melanosomes and platelet dense granules, but not lysosomes, are involved...
- Structure and exon to protein domain relationships of the mouse carbonic anhydrase II geneP J Venta
J Biol Chem 260:12130-5. 1985..is seen between the regions coded by exons and the functional or secondary structural domains of the mouse CA II molecule...
- Effects of carbonic anhydrase II (CAII) deficiency on CNS structure and function in the myelin-deficient CAII-deficient double mutant mouseW Cammer
Department of Neurology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Neurosci Res 40:451-7. 1995In the choroid plexus carbonic anhydrase II (CAII) supports the transport of bicarbonate ions, sodium ions, and water from blood to the CSF, and in the myelin sheath CAII supports compaction of myelin by stimulating cotransport of ions ..
- Genetic analysis of nonhistone chromosomal protein inheritance in recombinant inbred mouse strains using two-dimensional electrophoresisL S Ramagli
Department of Molecular Pathology, University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030
Biochem Genet 28:123-36. 1990..These 16 NHCP genetic marker inheritance differences detected in RIs add to the 23 previously established genetic marker differences between the progenitors...
- Identification of a locus on mouse chromosome 3 involved in differential susceptibility to Theiler's murine encephalomyelitis virus-induced demyelinating diseaseR W Melvold
Department of Microbiology Immunology, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois 60611
J Virol 64:686-90. 1990....
- Biochemical and genetic characterization of esterase-27 (ES-27), the major plasma cholinesterase of the house mouse (Mus musculus)O H von Deimling
Abteilung für Chemische Pathologie, Universitat Freiburg, Bundesrepublik Deutschland
Genet Res 57:61-70. 1991..From a three-point cross (AKR/Han, A/Wy) and a five-point cross (AKR/Han, SEG/1), the gene order on chromosome 3 was concluded to be centromere-Car-2-Es-26-Es-27-Amy-1-Adh-1...
- Physical mapping of the human carbonic anhydrase gene cluster on chromosome 8N Lowe
Department of Biochemistry, University College London, United Kingdom
Genomics 10:882-8. 1991A cluster of genes encoding the three cytoplasmic carbonic anhydrase isozymes CAI, CAII, and CAIII lie on the long arm of chromosome 8 (8q22) in humans. These genes have been mapped using pulsed-field gel electrophoresis...
- Nucleotide sequence of a cDNA encoding rat brain carbonic anhydrase II and its deduced amino acid sequenceC A Stolle
Department of Medicine, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick 08903
Gene 109:265-7. 1991A carbonic anhydrase II (CAII)-encoding cDNA clone was isolated from a rat brain lambda gt11 library. The 1459-bp cDNA codes for 260 amino acids with sequence similarity to mouse and human CAII and hybridizes to a single 1.7-kb mRNA.
- Molecular biology of P-glycoproteinM M Cornwell
Cancer Treat Res 57:37-56. 1991..Finally, differential expression of mdr genes encoding P-glycoprotein isoforms with distinct properties appears to be a possible mechanism for generating diversity in MDR rodent cells...
- Evolution of mammalian carbonic anhydrase loci by tanden duplication: close linkage of Car-1 and Car-2 to the centromere region of chromosome 3 of the mouseE M Eicher
Biochem Genet 14:651-60. 1976Electrophoretic variants of two carbonic anhydrase enzymes CAR-1 (CA I) and Car-2 (CA II), have been found in the laboratory mouse, Mus musculus...
- Genes on chromosome 3 of the mouseM T Davisson
J Hered 67:155-6. 1976..The Robertsonian translocation Rb(1.3) 1Bnr was used as a marker for the centromere of Chromosome 3. The loci map is as follows: centromere-2.5cM-(Car-1, Car-2)-26cM-my...
- Acid-base effects on electrolyte transport in CA II-deficient mouse colonD S Goldfarb
Nephrology Section, Veterans Affairs Medical Center and New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10010, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 278:G409-15. 2000..carbonic anhydrase (CA) in colonic electrolyte transport, we studied Car-2(0) mice, mutants deficient in cytosolic CA II. Ion fluxes were measured under short-circuit conditions in an Ussing chamber...
- Use of two-dimensional electrophoresis to identify and map new mouse genesR W Elliott
Genetics 91:295-308. 1979..These eight genes will be useful reference markers in future crosses designed to map new genes...
- Different susceptibility of mice to immune-mediated cholangitis induced by immunization with carbonic anhydrase IIY Ueno
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Lab Invest 78:629-37. 1998b>Carbonic anhydrase II (CA-II), an enzyme that catalyzes hydration of carbon dioxide to bicarbonate and hydrogen ions, is located exclusively in cholangiocytes in the liver...
- Respiratory acidosis in carbonic anhydrase II-deficient miceY H Lien
Department of Medicine, University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, Tucson 85724, USA
Am J Physiol 274:L301-4. 1998..the role of carbonic anhydrase (CA) II on pulmonary CO2 exchange, we analyzed arterial blood gases from CA II-deficient and normal control mice. CA II-deficient mice had a low arterial blood pH (7.18 +/- 0...
- Expression of carbonic anhydrase IV in carbonic anhydrase II-deficient miceL P Brion
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Am J Physiol 273:F234-45. 1997..This study was designed to assess CA IV expression in a model of CMA in the mouse, i.e., congenital deficiency in CA II [CA(II)D]...
- Carbonic anhydrase II expression pattern in mouse embryonic and fetal heartM Vuillemin
Institute of Histology and Embryology, Lausanne, Switzerland
Anat Embryol (Berl) 195:267-77. 1997b>Carbonic anhydrase II localization was studied in mouse embryonic and fetal hearts for better understanding of the functions of this enzyme during cardiac organogenesis...
- Carbonic anhydrase II and carbonic anhydrase-related protein in the cerebellar cortex of normal and lurcher miceA Nogradi
Department of Ophthalmology, Albert Szent Gyorgyi Medical University, Szeged, Hungary
Brain Res Dev Brain Res 98:91-101. 1997The developmental profiles of carbonic anhydrase II (CA-II) and a carbonic anhydrase related protein (CARP) were studied in rat and mouse cerebella...
- Depletion of intercalated cells from collecting ducts of carbonic anhydrase II-deficient (CAR2 null) miceS Breton
Renal Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, USA
Am J Physiol 269:F761-74. 1995The kidneys of mice (CAR2-null mice) that are genetically devoid of carbonic anhydrase type II (CAII) were screened by immunocytochemistry with antibodies that distinguish intercalated and principal cells...
- Reduced susceptibility to seizures in carbonic anhydrase II deficient mutant miceL Velisek
Department of Neurology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461
Epilepsy Res 14:115-21. 1993The seizure susceptibility of carbonic anhydrase II (CA) deficient mice and their normal littermates was determined and compared...
- Corticotropin-releasing hormone (Crh) maps to mouse chromosome 3L T Knapp
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor 48109 1618
Mamm Genome 4:615-7. 1993
- Glial cell abnormalities in the CNS of the carbonic anhydrase II deficient mutant mouseW Cammer
Department of Neurology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461
J Neurol Sci 118:1-9. 1993The Car-2n/Car-2n mutant mouse is entirely lacking in carbonic anhydrase II (CA), which is normally found in myelin and glial cells in the CNS...
- Membrane-associated CA activity in the eye of the CA II-deficient mouseY Ridderstrale
Department of Animal Physiology, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 35:2577-84. 1994..such histochemical data are difficult to evaluate because of interference from cytoplasmic CA isozymes, of which CA II is predominant...
- Assignment of five loci from human chromosome 8q onto sheep chromosome 9T E Broad
Gene Mapping Unit, AgResearch Grasslands Research Centre, Palmerston North, New Zealand
Cytogenet Cell Genet 68:102-6. 1995Using a chromosomally characterized minipanel of sheep x hamster cell hybrids, five new loci, including carbonic anhydrase II (CA2), calbindin 1 (28 kDa) (CALB1), corticotropin releasing hormone (CRH), cytochrome P450 11B subfamily XIB (..
- Multilocus genomic mapping with intracisternal A-particle proviral oligonucleotide probes hybridized to mouse DNA in dried agarose gelsK K Lueders
Laboratory of Biochemistry, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Electrophoresis 16:179-85. 1995....
- DNA polymorphism in cytokine genes based on length variation in simple-sequence tandem repeatsC O Jacob
Institute of Immunology and Biological Sciences, Syntex Research, Palo Alto, CA 94303
Immunogenetics 38:251-7. 1993..Advantages of short tandemly repeated sequences as genetic markers are discussed in comparison with RFLPs...
- Genotyping new BXD recombinant inbred mouse strains and comparison of BXD and consensus mapsB A Taylor
The Jackson Laboratory, 600 Main Street, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609, USA
Mamm Genome 10:335-48. 1999..Alternatively, recombinant genotypes could be selected against during inbreeding owing to allelic interactions affecting fitness. The latter interpretation implies that relatively strong intrachromosomal epistasis is common...
- Genetic analysis of protein variations in Mus musculus using two-dimensional electrophoresisR R Racine
Biochem Genet 18:185-97. 1980..Out of the 100 loci screened, we have found nine loci showing interstrain differences. We have found also that differences in the protein pattern as seen on two-dimensional gels are small among subspecies of Mus musculus...
- Decreased expression of Slc26a4 (Pendrin) and Slc26a7 in the kidneys of carbonic anhydrase II-deficient miceXuming Sun
Department of Medicine, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0585, USA
Cell Physiol Biochem 21:95-108. 2008Intercalated cells (ICs) of the kidney collecting duct are rich in carbonic anhydrase II (CAII), which facilitates proton and bicarbonate transport...
- Mapping of mouse carbonic anhydrase-3, Car-3: another locus in the homologous region of mouse chromosome 3 and human chromosome 8C Beechey
MRC Radiobiology Unit, Chilton, Didcot, Oxon, United Kingdom
Genomics 6:692-6. 1990....
- Glial-cell cultures from brains of carbonic anhydrase II-deficient mutant mice: delay in oligodendrocyte maturationW Cammer
Department of Neurology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Neurochem Res 23:407-12. 1998b>Carbonic anhydrase II (CAII) is a multifunctional enzyme found in oligodendrocytes and astrocytes in normal mouse brains...
- Contractile properties of skeletal muscle fibre bundles from mice deficient in carbonic anhydrase IIMatthew D Beekley
Zentrum Physiologie, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, 30623 Hannover, Germany
Pflugers Arch 452:453-63. 2006..contractile properties of extensor digitorum longus (EDL) and soleus (SOL) fibre bundles from mice deficient in CA II (CAD) to litter mate controls (LM)...
- CHARACTERIZING SPECIALIZED CHEMOSENSORY NEURONSSTEVEN MUNGER; Fiscal Year: 2002..In addition, GC-D transgenic mice will be used to examine the ability of neonates to attach to nipples and suckle. ..
- Chemosensory receptors and the basis of specificitySTEVEN MUNGER; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..