Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Capzb
Description: capping protein (actin filament) muscle Z-line, beta
Alias: 1700120C01Rik, AI325129, CPB1, CPB2, CPbeat2, CPbeta1, CPbeta2, Cappb1, F-actin-capping protein subunit beta, capZ beta, capping protein beta 1
- Capzb2 interacts with beta-tubulin to regulate growth cone morphology and neurite outgrowthDavid A Davis
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
PLoS Biol 7:e1000208. 2009..Together, these data suggest that Capzb2 plays an important role in growth cone formation and neurite outgrowth and that the underlying mechanism may involve direct interaction between Capzb2 and microtubules...
- CP beta3, a novel isoform of an actin-binding protein, is a component of the cytoskeletal calyx of the mammalian sperm headM von Bülow
Division of Cell Biology, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Federal Republic of Germany
Exp Cell Res 233:216-24. 1997....
- Differential localization and sequence analysis of capping protein beta-subunit isoforms of vertebratesD A Schafer
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110
J Cell Biol 127:453-65. 1994..Thus, vertebrates have developed isoforms of capping protein that associate with distinct actin-filament arrays...
- Lamellipodial versus filopodial mode of the actin nanomachinery: pivotal role of the filament barbed endMarisan R Mejillano
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, 303 E Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Cell 118:363-73. 2004....
- Actin-capping protein promotes microtubule stability by antagonizing the actin activity of mDia1Francesca Bartolini
Department of Pathology and Cell Biology, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Mol Biol Cell 23:4032-40. 2012....
- Cyclic mechanical strain of myocytes modifies CapZβ1 post translationally via PKCεYing Hsi Lin
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, College of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, MC 901, 835 S Wolcott, Chicago, IL, 60612, USA
J Muscle Res Cell Motil 36:329-37. 2015..A hypothetical model is presented proposing that one destination of the mechanotransduction signaling pathways might be for PTMs of CapZ thereby regulating actin capping and filament assembly. ..
- CKIP-1 regulates mammalian and zebrafish myoblast fusionDominique Baas
Equipe Différenciation Neuromusculaire, Laboratoire de Biologie Moleculaire de la Cellule, CNRS UMR 5239 ENS Lyon, Universite de Lyon, IFR128 Biosciences Lyon Gerland, 46 allee d Italie, 69364 Lyon Cedex 07, France
J Cell Sci 125:3790-800. 2012..These results establish CKIP-1 as a regulator of cortical actin that recruits the Arp2/3 complex at the plasma membrane essential for muscle precursor elongation and fusion...
- Capping protein regulatory cycle driven by CARMIL and V-1 may promote actin network assembly at protruding edgesIkuko Fujiwara
Cell Biology and Physiology Center and
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:E1970-9. 2014..In vivo, therefore, CARMIL should promote Arp2/3-dependent actin network assembly at the leading edge by promoting barbed-end capping there. ..
- Capping protein is essential for cell migration in vivo and for filopodial morphology and dynamicsShamim A Sinnar
Division of Biological Sciences, University of California, San Diego, and Sanford Consortium for Regenerative Medicine, La Jolla, CA 92037
Mol Biol Cell 25:2152-60. 2014..Our results support an expansion of the potential roles that CP plays in cell motility by implicating CP in filopodia as well as in lamellipodia, both of which are important for locomotion in many types of migrating cells. ..
- Actin-capping proteins play essential roles in the asymmetric division of maturing mouse oocytesYu Jin Jo
Department of Animal Sciences, Chungbuk National University, Cheong Ju, Chungchungbuk do, 361 763, Republic of Korea
J Cell Sci 128:160-70. 2015..Taken together, these findings show that capping protein is an essential component of the actin cytoskeleton machinery that plays crucial roles in oocyte maturation, presumably by controlling the cytoplasmic actin mesh density. ..
- Nebulette knockout mice have normal cardiac function, but show Z-line widening and up-regulation of cardiac stress markersGiuseppina Mastrototaro
Humanitas Clinical and Research Center, Via Manzoni 113, 20089 Rozzano, Milan, Italy University of Milano Bicocca, Milan, Italy
Cardiovasc Res 107:216-25. 2015..However, the role of nebulette in vivo has remained elusive. To provide insights into the function of nebulette in vivo, we generated and studied nebulette-deficient (nebl(-) (/-)) mice...
- Dual regulation of mammalian myosin VI motor functionM Yoshimura
Department of Physiology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 55 Lake Ave, Worcester, MA 01655 0127, USA
J Biol Chem 276:39600-7. 2001..The present results revealed the dual regulation of myosin VI by phosphorylation and Ca(2+) binding to calmodulin light chain...
- Association of the leukocyte plasma membrane with the actin cytoskeleton through coiled coil-mediated trimeric coronin 1 moleculesJohn Gatfield
Biozentrum, University of Basel, CH 4056 Basel, Switzerland
Mol Biol Cell 16:2786-98. 2005..The capacity of coronin 1 to link the leukocyte cytoskeleton to the plasma membrane may serve to integrate outside-inside signaling with modulation of the cytoskeleton...
- The phosphorylation of CapZ-interacting protein (CapZIP) by stress-activated protein kinases triggers its dissociation from CapZClaire E Eyers
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, MSI WTB complex, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland, UK
Biochem J 389:127-35. 2005..Osmotic shock or anisomycin triggered the dissociation of CapZIP from CapZ in Jurkat cells, suggesting that phosphorylation of CapZIP may regulate the ability of CapZ to remodel actin filament assembly in vivo...
- Increased expression of TrkB and Capzb2 accompanies preserved cognitive status in early Alzheimer disease pathologyPatricia F Kao
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 71:654-64. 2012..In subsequent stages of AD, the higher levels of TrkB and Capzb2 expression achieved may not be sufficient to prevent cognitive decline...
- Reduced cardiac CapZ protein protects hearts against acute ischemia-reperfusion injury and enhances preconditioningFeng Hua Yang
Cardiovascular Research Group, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Guelph, ON, Canada N1G 2W1
J Mol Cell Cardiol 52:761-72. 2012..The cardioprotected phenotype of CapZ transgenic mice is associated with an altered translocation of PKC-isoforms to cardiac myofilaments...
- Targeted deletion of alpha-adducin results in absent beta- and gamma-adducin, compensated hemolytic anemia, and lethal hydrocephalus in miceRaymond F Robledo
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, ME, USA
Blood 112:4298-307. 2008..These data indicate that adducin plays a role in RBC membrane stability and in cerebrospinal fluid homeostasis...
- The interaction of capping protein with the barbed end of the actin filamentTaekyung Kim
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Mol Biol 404:794-802. 2010..These studies provide us with new molecular insight into how CP binds to the actin filament...
- BAG3 and Hsc70 interact with actin capping protein CapZ to maintain myofibrillar integrity under mechanical stressAkinori Hishiya
Boston Biomedical Research Institute, Watertown, MA 02472, USA
Circ Res 107:1220-31. 2010..However, the detailed disease mechanism is not yet fully understood...
- A missense mutation in the Capza3 gene and disruption of F-actin organization in spermatids of repro32 infertile male miceChristopher B Geyer
Laboratories of Reproductive and Developmental Toxicology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, 111 T W Alexander Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Dev Biol 330:142-52. 2009..CAPZA3 protein localization was altered in spermatids concurrent with altered localization of a unique CAPZB variant isoform and disruption of the filamentous actin (F-actin) network...
- Single molecule kinetic analysis of actin filament capping. Polyphosphoinositides do not dissociate capping proteinsJeffrey R Kuhn
Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
J Biol Chem 282:28014-24. 2007..PPIs binding to this site might interfere sterically with capping, but this site would be inaccessible when CP is bound to the end of a filament...
- Failure of MBNL1-dependent post-natal splicing transitions in myotonic dystrophyXiaoyan Lin
Department of Neuroscience, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Hum Mol Genet 15:2087-97. 2006..Sequestration of MBNL1, and failure to maintain these splicing transitions, has a pivotal role in the pathogenesis of muscle disease in DM...
- Actin capping protein: an essential element in protein kinase signaling to the myofilamentsW Glen Pyle
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Ill 60612, USA
Circ Res 90:1299-306. 2002....
- Interactions with PIP2, ADP-actin monomers, and capping protein regulate the activity and localization of yeast twinfilinS Palmgren
Program in Cellular Biotechnology, Institute of Biotechnology, FIN 00014 University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
J Cell Biol 155:251-60. 2001..Based on these results, we propose a model for the biological role of twinfilin as a protein that localizes actin monomers to the sites of rapid filament assembly in cells...
- Mapping of the mouse actin capping protein beta subunit geneM C Hart
Winona State University, Winona, MN 55987, USA
BMC Genomics 1:1. 2000..Vertebrates have three isoforms of CPbeta produced by alternatively splicing from one gene; lower organisms have one gene and one isoform...
- Vertebrate isoforms of actin capping protein beta have distinct functions In vivoM C Hart
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Cell Biol 147:1287-98. 1999..These mice showed both myofibril disruption and intercalated disc remodeling, as predicted. Therefore, CPbeta1 and CPbeta2 each have a distinct function that cannot be provided by the other isoform...
- Complete cDNAs for CDC42 from chicken cochlea and mouse liverT W Gong
Kresge Hearing Research Institute, Department of Otolaryngology Head Neck Surgery, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0648, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1352:282-92. 1997..Cdc42l1 was mapped to distal mouse Chromosome 4, near Cappb1. Cdc42l2 mapped more proximal on Chromosome 4, whereas Cdc42l3 mapped to the X Chromosome.
- Genomic organization and chromosomal location of murine Cdc42P W Marks
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Genomics 38:13-8. 1996..Using single-strand conformation polymorphism analysis of a mouse backcross panel, the gene encoding cdc42 has been localized to distal chromosome 4...