Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Btk
Description: Bruton agammaglobulinemia tyrosine kinase
Alias: AI528679, xid, tyrosine-protein kinase BTK, ATK, B-cell progenitor kinase, BPK, Bruton's tyrosine kinase, Tyrosine-protein kinase BTK (Brutons tyrosine kinase) (Agammaglobulinaemia tyrosine kinase) (ATK) (B cell progenitor kinase) (BPK) (Kinase EMB), X-linked immune deficiency, agammaglobulinaemia tyrosine kinase, agammaglobulinemia tyrosine kinase, bruton tyrosine kinase, kinase EMB
Publications127 found, 100 shown here
- BCR engagement induces Fas resistance in primary B cells in the absence of functional Bruton's tyrosine kinaseJoseph R Tumang
Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston University Medical Center, Boston, MA 02118, USA
J Immunol 168:2712-9. 2002..The signaling mediator, Bruton's tyrosine kinase (Btk), is required for certain sIg-triggered responses, and Btk is reported to directly bind Fas and block Fas-mediated ..
- Xid-like immunodeficiency in mice with disruption of the p85alpha subunit of phosphoinositide 3-kinaseH Suzuki
Department of Immunology, Keio University School of Medicine, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Science 283:390-2. 1999..These phenotypes are nearly identical to those of Btk-/- or xid (X-linked immunodeficiency) mice...
- The absence of SLP65 and Btk blocks B cell development at the preB cell receptor-positive stageH Jumaa
Molecular Immunology, Biologie III, University of Freiburg and Max Planck Institute for Immunobiology, Freiburg, Germany
Eur J Immunol 31:2164-9. 2001..A strikingly similar phenotype is observed in Btk-deficient mice...
- Involvement of SLP-65 and Btk in tumor suppression and malignant transformation of pre-B cellsRudi W Hendriks
Department of Immunology, Erasmus MC Rotterdam, P O Box 1738, NL 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Semin Immunol 18:67-76. 2006..In the mouse, the downstream signaling molecules SLP-65 and Btk cooperate to limit proliferation and induce differentiation of pre-B cells, thereby acting as tumor suppressors to ..
- The interaction of the xid and me genesC L Scribner
J Immunol 138:3611-7. 1987..me) mutation has been bred onto the NFS background and combined with the X-linked immunodeficiency (xid) mutation to investigate the effect of the xid-induced B cell maturational block on the widespread immune ..
- Ability of the xid gene to prevent autoimmunity in (NZB X NZW)F1 mice during the course of their natural history, after polyclonal stimulation, or following immunization with DNAB J Steinberg
J Clin Invest 70:587-97. 1982..By a series of matings, congenic (NZB X NZW)F1 . xid/xid mice were prepared...
- The pleckstrin homology domain of Bruton tyrosine kinase interacts with protein kinase CL Yao
Division of Immunobiology, La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology, CA 92037
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91:9175-9. 1994b>Bruton tyrosine kinase (EC 2.7.1...
- Defective B cell development and function in Btk-deficient miceW N Khan
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Childrens Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Immunity 3:283-99. 1995Mutations in the Bruton's tyrosine kinase (Btk) gene have been linked to severe early B cell developmental blocks in human X-linked agammaglobulinemia (XLA), and to milder B cell activation deficiencies in murine X-linked immune ..
- Impaired expansion of mouse B cell progenitors lacking BtkJ D Kerner
Department of Immunology, University of Washington, Seattle 98195, USA
Immunity 3:301-12. 1995Mutations in the gene encoding the protein tyrosine kinase Btk are associated with the human B cell immunodeficiency X-linked agammaglobulinemia (XLA)...
- Colocalization of X-linked agammaglobulinemia and X-linked immunodeficiency genesJ D Thomas
Laboratory of Immunology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892
Science 261:355-8. 1993..A backcross of 1114 progeny revealed the colocalization of xid with Bruton's agammaglobulinemia tyrosine kinase (btk) gene, which is implicated in the human immune deficiency, X-linked agammaglobulinemia...
- Mutation of unique region of Bruton's tyrosine kinase in immunodeficient XID miceD J Rawlings
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, University of California, Los Angeles 90024
Science 261:358-61. 1993The cytoplasmic tyrosine kinase, Bruton's tyrosine kinase (Btk, formerly bpk or atk), is crucial for B cell development...
- The gene involved in X-linked agammaglobulinaemia is a member of the src family of protein-tyrosine kinasesD Vetrie
Division of Medical and Molecular Genetics, UMDS, Guy s Hospital, London, UK
Nature 361:226-33. 1993..The gene is a member of the src family of proto-oncogenes which encode protein-tyrosine kinases. This is, to our knowledge, the first evidence that mutations in a src-related gene are involved in human genetic disease...
- Deficient expression of a B cell cytoplasmic tyrosine kinase in human X-linked agammaglobulinemiaS Tsukada
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, Los Angeles 90024
Cell 72:279-90. 1993We describe a novel cytoplasmic tyrosine kinase, termed BPK (B cell progenitor kinase), which is expressed in all stages of the B lineage and in myeloid cells...
- Structure and expression of novel protein-tyrosine kinases, Emb and Emt, in hematopoietic cellsN Yamada
Division of Immunobiology, La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology, California 92037
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 192:231-40. 1993..6-kb mRNA in mast cells, myeloid cells and T lymphocytes. The evidence for in vitro tyrosine kinase activity of Emb and Emt proteins is also provided...
- The xid mutation diminishes memory B cell generation but does not affect somatic hypermutation and selectionA Ridderstad
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Victoria, Australia
J Immunol 157:3357-65. 1996..we examine the relationship between primary and secondary T cell-dependent immune responses using the response of xid mice to the hapten (4-hydroxy-3-nitrophenyl)acetyl (NP) as an experimental model...
- Mutation of the pleckstrin homology domain of Bruton's tyrosine kinase in immunodeficiency impaired inositol 1,3,4,5-tetrakisphosphate binding capacityM Fukuda
Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, Tsukuba Life Science Center, The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research RIKEN, 3 1 1 Koyadai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305, Japan
J Biol Chem 271:30303-6. 1996Bruton's tyrosine kinase (Btk), a cytoplasmic protein-tyrosine kinase, plays a pivotal role in B cell activation and development...
- BAP-135, a target for Bruton's tyrosine kinase in response to B cell receptor engagementW Yang
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:604-9. 1997Bruton's tyrosine kinase (Btk) is essential for B cell activation, but downstream targets of Btk have not been defined...
- Involvement of Bruton's tyrosine kinase in FcepsilonRI-dependent mast cell degranulation and cytokine productionD Hata
Division of Allergy, La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology, San Diego, California 92121, USA
J Exp Med 187:1235-47. 1998We investigated the role of Bruton's tyrosine kinase (Btk) in FcepsilonRI-dependent activation of mouse mast cells, using xid and btk null mutant mice...
- Independent and opposing roles for Btk and lyn in B and myeloid signaling pathwaysA B Satterthwaite
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, University of California Los Angeles 90095, USA
J Exp Med 188:833-44. 1998Transphosphorylation by Src family kinases is required for the activation of Bruton's tyrosine kinase (Btk)...
- Impaired B cell development and proliferation in absence of phosphoinositide 3-kinase p85alphaD A Fruman
Division of Signal Transduction, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Science 283:393-7. 1999..In contrast, T cell development and proliferation was normal. This phenotype is similar to defects observed in mice lacking the tyrosine kinase Btk.
- Bruton's tyrosine kinase deficiency in macrophages inhibits nitric oxide generation leading to enhancement of IL-12 inductionS Mukhopadhyay
National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi, India
J Immunol 163:1786-92. 1999..Our data thus suggest that Bruton's tyrosine kinase participates in signaling for iNOS induction via IFN regulatory factor-1 in macrophages and that NO is an inhibitor of IL-12 induction...
- Bruton's tyrosine kinase links the B cell receptor to nuclear factor kappaB activationU D Bajpai
Department of Pathology and Program in Immunology, Tufts University School of Medicine and Sackler School of Graduate Biomedical Sciences, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
J Exp Med 191:1735-44. 2000..but not CD40-mediated NF-kappaB/Rel nuclear translocation and DNA binding in B cells from X-linked immunodeficient (xid) mice that harbor an R28C mutation in btk, a mutation that produces a functionally inactive kinase...
- Bruton's tyrosine kinase is required for activation of IkappaB kinase and nuclear factor kappaB in response to B cell receptor engagementJ B Petro
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 0146, USA
J Exp Med 191:1745-54. 2000..cause the B cell deficiency diseases X-linked agammaglobulinemia (XLA) in humans and X-linked immunodeficiency (xid) in mice...
- Severe B cell deficiency in mice lacking the tec kinase family members Tec and BtkW Ellmeier
Molecular Pathogenesis Program, Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine
J Exp Med 192:1611-24. 2000..The ability of Tec to compensate for Btk may also explain phenotypic differences in X-linked immunodeficiency (xid) mice compared with human X-linked agammaglobulinemia (XLA) patients.
- Bruton's tyrosine kinase regulates the activation of gene rearrangements at the lambda light chain locus in precursor B cells in the mouseG M Dingjan
Department of Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, Erasmus University Rotterdam, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Exp Med 193:1169-78. 2001Bruton's tyrosine kinase (Btk) is a nonreceptor tyrosine kinase involved in precursor B (pre-B) cell receptor signaling...
- Impaired precursor B cell differentiation in Bruton's tyrosine kinase-deficient miceSabine Middendorp
Department of Immunology, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Immunol 168:2695-703. 2002Bruton's tyrosine kinase (Btk) is a cytoplasmic signaling molecule that is crucial for precursor (pre-B) cell differentiation in humans...
- Macrophage effector functions controlled by Bruton's tyrosine kinase are more crucial than the cytokine balance of T cell responses for microfilarial clearanceSangita Mukhopadhyay
National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi, India
J Immunol 168:2914-21. 2002Macrophages from X-linked immunodeficient (xid) mice lacking functional Bruton's tyrosine kinase (Btk) show poor NO induction and enhanced IL-12 induction, and contribute to delayed clearance of injected microfilaria (mf) in vivo...
- Differentially regulated expression and function of CD22 in activated B-1 and B-2 lymphocytesFrédéric Lajaunias
Department of Pathology, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
J Immunol 168:6078-83. 2002..These data indicate that the expression and function of CD22 are differentially regulated in B-1 and conventional B-2 cells, which are apparently implicated in innate and adaptive immunity, respectively...
- Bruton's tyrosine kinase cooperates with the B cell linker protein SLP-65 as a tumor suppressor in Pre-B cellsRogier Kersseboom
Department of Immunology, Erasmus MC Rotterdam, PO Box 1738, NL 3000 DR Rotterdam, Netherlands
J Exp Med 198:91-8. 2003..of the pre-B cell receptor (pre-BCR) leads to activation of the adaptor molecule SLP-65 and the cytoplasmic kinase Btk. Mice deficient for one of these signaling proteins have an incomplete block in B cell development at the stage of ..
- Pleiotropic consequences of Bruton tyrosine kinase deficiency in myeloid lineages lead to poor inflammatory responsesAnita Mangla
Anna George, or Satyajit Rath, National Institute of Immunology, Aruna Asaf Ali Road, New Delhi 110067, India
Blood 104:1191-7. 2004b>Bruton tyrosine kinase (Btk), a non-receptor-associated tyrosine kinase of the Tec family, appears to participate in many myeloid cell functions...
- Interleukin-10 secreted by B-1 cells modulates the phagocytic activity of murine macrophages in vitroAna Flavia Popi
Discipline of Immunology, Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Parasitology, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Brazil
Immunology 113:348-54. 2004..Our results show that peritoneal macrophages from Xid mice, a mouse strain deprived of B-1 cells, have higher phagocytic indexes for zymozan particles when compared with ..
- Regulation of dendritic cell maturation and function by Bruton's tyrosine kinase via IL-10 and Stat3Yuko Kawakami
Divisions of Cell Biology and Molecular Immunology, La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology, 10355 Science Center Drive, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:153-8. 2006b>Btk plays crucial roles in the differentiation and activation of B and myeloid cells. Despite drastic reductions of other Ig isotypes, paradoxically high IgE responses have been known in btk mutant mice...
- The B cell receptor promotes B cell activation and proliferation through a non-ITAM tyrosine in the Igalpha cytoplasmic domainHeide Christine K Patterson
The CBR Institute for Biomedical Research, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Immunity 25:55-65. 2006..These results suggest that Igalpha non-ITAM tyrosine 204 promotes a distinct cellular response, namely T-independent B cell proliferation and differentiation via phosphorylation of the adaptor BLNK...
- Bruton's tyrosine kinase is required for TLR-induced IL-10 productionNathan W Schmidt
Department of Pediatrics, H B Wells Center for Pediatric Research and Walther Oncology Center, Indiana University School of Medicine, and Walther Cancer Institute, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Immunol 177:7203-10. 2006Bruton's tyrosine kinase (Btk) is a critical signaling mediator downstream of the B cell Ag receptor...
- Class switch recombination and somatic hypermutation in early mouse B cells are mediated by B cell and Toll-like receptorsJin Hwan Han
Program in Immunology and Department of Pathology, Sackler School of Graduate Biomedical Sciences and Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Immunity 27:64-75. 2007..Early AID expression can increase the preimmune repertoire of developing B cells, may provide an innate population of IgG- and IgA-expressing cells, and could be involved in receptor editing of self-reactive immature B cells...
- Defective Toll-like receptor 9-mediated cytokine production in B cells from Bruton's tyrosine kinase-deficient miceMaroof Hasan
Clinical Research Center, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Karolinska Institute, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Immunology 123:239-49. 2008Bruton's tyrosine kinase (Btk), a member of the Tec family of tyrosine kinases, plays an important role in the differentiation and activation of B cells. Mutations affecting Btk cause immunodeficiency in both humans and mice...
- Bruton's tyrosine kinase separately regulates NFkappaB p65RelA activation and cytokine interleukin (IL)-10/IL-12 production in TLR9-stimulated B CellsKoon Guan Lee
Laboratory of Immunology, Bioprocessing Technology Institute, Agency for Science, Technology, and Research, Singapore, Singapore
J Biol Chem 283:11189-98. 2008..B lymphocytes express both B cell receptor and Toll-like receptors (TLR). We show here that Bruton's tyrosine kinase (Btk), a critical component in B cell receptor signaling, is also involved in TLR9 signaling in B cells...
- Essential roles for the Tec family kinases Tec and Btk in M-CSF receptor signaling pathways that regulate macrophage survivalMartin Melcher
Institute of Immunology, Center for Physiology, Pathophysiology and Immunology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
J Immunol 180:8048-56. 2008..Compared with wild-type bone marrow-derived macrophage (BMM) cultures, Tec(-/-)Btk(-/-) BMM cultures displayed increased cell death that correlated with a severe drop in macrophage numbers...
- Dual functions of Bruton's tyrosine kinase and Tec kinase during Fcgamma receptor-induced signaling and phagocytosisJenny Jongstra-Bilen
Toronto General Research Institute, University Health Network, Department of Immunology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Immunol 181:288-98. 2008..We demonstrate in this study that Bruton's tyrosine kinase (Btk) and Tec, the only Tec kinases expressed by RAW 264.7 cells, are activated throughout phagocytosis...
- Btk regulates B cell receptor-mediated antigen processing and presentation by controlling actin cytoskeleton dynamics in B cellsShruti Sharma
Department of Cell Biology and Molecular Genetics, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742, USA
J Immunol 182:329-39. 2009..In this study, we identify Bruton's tyrosine kinase (Btk) as a linker connecting BCR signaling to actin dynamics and the Ag transport pathway...
- Tyrosine kinase Btk regulates E-selectin-mediated integrin activation and neutrophil recruitment by controlling phospholipase C (PLC) gamma2 and PI3Kgamma pathwaysHelena Mueller
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University of Munster, 48149 Munster, Germany
Blood 115:3118-27. 2010..The Tec family kinase Bruton tyrosine kinase (Btk) is required for activating both pathways, generating inositol-3,4,5-trisphosphate (IP(3)), and ..
- The Bruton tyrosine kinase inhibitor PCI-32765 blocks B-cell activation and is efficacious in models of autoimmune disease and B-cell malignancyLee A Honigberg
Pharmacyclics, Sunnyvale, CA 94085 4521, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:13075-80. 2010..The Bruton tyrosine kinase (Btk) is specifically required for BCR signaling as demonstrated by human and mouse mutations that disrupt ..
- Intracellular MHC class II molecules promote TLR-triggered innate immune responses by maintaining activation of the kinase BtkXingguang Liu
National Key Laboratory of Medical Immunology and Institute of Immunology, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
Nat Immunol 12:416-24. 2011..Intracellular MHC class II molecules interacted with the tyrosine kinase Btk via the costimulatory molecule CD40 and maintained Btk activation, but cell surface MHC class II molecules did not...
- Bruton's tyrosine kinase is required for TLR-dependent heme oxygenase-1 gene activation via Nrf2 in macrophagesVijith Vijayan
Institute for Anatomy and Cell Biology II, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Giessen 35390, Germany
J Immunol 187:817-27. 2011..In the current study, it is demonstrated that Bruton's tyrosine kinase (Btk), the gene of which is mutated in the human immunodeficiency X-linked agammaglobulinemia, is involved in the ..
- Btk levels set the threshold for B-cell activation and negative selection of autoreactive B cells in miceLaurens P Kil
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Blood 119:3744-56. 2012..the B-cell receptor (BCR), B cells up-regulate protein expression of the key downstream signaling molecule Bruton tyrosine kinase (Btk), but the effects of Btk up-regulation on B-cell function are unknown...
- Bruton's tyrosine kinase phosphorylates Toll-like receptor 3 to initiate antiviral responseKoon Guan Lee
Immunology Group, Bioprocessing Technology Institute, Agency for Science, Technology and Research ASTAR, Republic of Singapore 138668
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:5791-6. 2012..We show here that Bruton's tyrosine kinase (BTK)-deficient macrophages failed to secrete inflammatory cytokines and IFN-β upon TLR3 stimulation and were impaired ..
- Dual phosphorylation of Btk by Akt/protein kinase b provides docking for 14-3-3ζ, regulates shuttling, and attenuates both tonic and induced signaling in B cellsDara K Mohammad
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Clinical Research Center, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska Hospital Huddinge, Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden
Mol Cell Biol 33:3214-26. 2013Bruton's tyrosine kinase (Btk) is crucial for B-lymphocyte activation and development. Mutations in the Btk gene cause X-linked agammaglobulinemia (XLA) in humans and X-linked immunodeficiency (Xid) in mice...
- Bruton's Tyrosine Kinase (BTK) and Vav1 contribute to Dectin1-dependent phagocytosis of Candida albicans in macrophagesKarin Strijbis
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 9:e1003446. 2013..We identify two new interacting proteins of Dectin-1 in macrophages, Bruton's Tyrosine Kinase (BTK) and Vav1. BTK and Vav1 are recruited to phagocytic cups containing C...
- Demonstration of B-cell maturation in X-linked immunodeficient mice by simultaneous three-colour immunofluorescenceR R Hardy
Nature 306:270-2. 1983CBA/N mice carrying the X-linked immune deficiency gene (xid) have fewer splenic B cells than normal CBA mice and are unresponsive to a certain class of antigens...
- Accelerated emigration of B lymphocytes in the Xid mouseA Cariappa
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02129, USA
J Immunol 162:4417-23. 1999..A specific maintenance defect was noted in fraction I (IgDhighIgMlow) B cells in Xid mice (which harbor a mutation in Btk)...
- X-linked B-lymphocyte immune defect in CBA/HN mice. I. Studies of the function and composition of spleen cellsI Scher
J Exp Med 141:788-803. 1975..The possible nature of this defect and the similarity of the immune defect in these mice to certain human X-linked immunodeficiency diseases are discussed...
- Early arrest of B cell development in nude, X-linked immune-deficient miceD Karagogeos
Eur J Immunol 16:1125-30. 1986Mice simultaneously expressing the nude and xid mutations have a severe deficit of both mature T and B cells. We now report studies designed to determine at which point in B cell differentiation development is arrested...
- Development of B lymphocytes in mice heterozygous for the X-linked immunodeficiency (xid) mutation. xid inhibits development of all splenic and lymph node B cells at a stage subsequent to their initial formation in bone marrowL M Forrester
J Exp Med 165:949-58. 1987CBA/N mice were crossed with CBA/Ca-Pgk-1a to produce female F1 hybrids that were heterozygous for both xid and the phosphoglycerate kinase 1 (PGK-1) allozymes...
- Physiology of B cells in mice with X-linked immunodeficiency. I. Size, migratory properties, and turnover of the B cell poolJ Sprent
J Immunol 134:1442-8. 1985In terms of certain immune functions and density of surface IgM, B cells from xid mice are often viewed as the equivalent of the immature (Lyb-5-) B cell subset of normal adult mice...
- B lymphocyte production in the bone marrow of mice with X-linked immunodeficiency (xid)G K Reid
J Immunol 135:2299-302. 1985CBA/N mice carry an X-linked recessive immunodeficiency (xid) gene manifested by the absence of a B lymphocyte subpopulation, but the manner in which the xid gene exerts its effect on B lymphocyte development is unknown...
- Are xid B lymphocytes representative of any normal B cell population. A commentaryD E Mosier
Medical Biology Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037
J Mol Cell Immunol 2:70. 1985
- The CBA/N mouse strain: an experimental model illustrating the influence of the X-chromosome on immunityI Scher
Adv Immunol 33:1-71. 1982
- Physiology of B cells in mice with X-linked immunodeficiency (xid). III. Disappearance of xid B cells in double bone marrow chimerasJ Sprent
J Exp Med 160:711-23. 1984Evidence is presented that B cells from mice with X-linked immunodeficiency (xid) differentiate at a slower rate than normal B cells...
- B cells from CBA/N mice do not proliferate following ligation of CD40J Hasbold
National Institute for Medical Research, London, GB
Eur J Immunol 24:152-7. 1994The CBA/N mouse carries the X-linked immunodeficiency xid, resulting in defective B cell development...
- Defective IL-5-receptor-mediated signaling in B cells of X-linked immunodeficient miceM Koike
Department of Immunology, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Japan
Int Immunol 7:21-30. 1995..X-linked immunodeficient (XID) mice do not respond to thymus-independent type II antigens, and have an abnormal response to a variety of ..
- CD38 unresponsiveness of xid B cells implicates Bruton's tyrosine kinase (btk) as a regular of CD38 induced signal transductionL Santos-Argumedo
DNAX Research Institute, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Int Immunol 7:163-70. 1995..We show here that B lymphocytes from unstimulated X-linked immunodeficient (xid) mice are unresponsive to CD38 stimulation, both in terms of proliferative response and surface antigen modulation...
- Inactivation of Btk by insertion of lacZ reveals defects in B cell development only past the pre-B cell stageR W Hendriks
Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, Faculty of Medicine, Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands
EMBO J 15:4862-72. 1996Bruton's tyrosine kinase (Btk) is a cytoplasmic protein kinase that is defective in X-linked agammaglobulinaemia in man and in X-linked immunodeficiency in the mouse...
- Profound reduction of mature B cell numbers, reactivities and serum Ig levels in mice which simultaneously carry the XID and CD40 deficiency genesY Oka
Basel Institute for Immunology, Switzerland
Int Immunol 8:1675-85. 1996..They could be selected and/or stimulated at the transition from immature to mature B cells: in btk controlled or in CD40 controlled ways.
- Impaired B cell maturation in mice lacking Bruton's tyrosine kinase (Btk) and CD40W N Khan
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Boston, MA, USA
Int Immunol 9:395-405. 1997Mutations in Bruton's tyrosine kinase (Btk) gene, in mice, result in reduced numbers and responses of peripheral B cells...
- Bruton's tyrosine kinase regulates apoptosis and JNK/SAPK kinase activityY Kawakami
Division of Allergy, La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:3938-42. 1997Mast cells derived from Bruton's tyrosine kinase (Btk)-defective xid or btk null mice showed greater expansion in culture containing interleukin-3 (IL-3) than those from wild-type (wt) mice...
- xid affects events leading to B cell cycle entryK Brorson
Office of Therapeutics Research and Review, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Immunol 159:135-43. 1997X-linked agammaglobulinemia patients and X-linked immunodeficient (xid) mice possess mutations in the Bruton's tyrosine kinase (Btk kinase) gene and display defects in B cell development and activation by sIg cross-linking...
- Btk dosage determines sensitivity to B cell antigen receptor cross-linkingA B Satterthwaite
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, University of California, Los Angeles 90095, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:13152-7. 1997..result in the B cell immunodeficiencies X-linked agammaglobulinemia (XLA) in humans and X-linked immunodeficiency (xid) in mice. Btk is a critical component of signaling pathways regulating B cell development and function...
- A re-evaluation of the effects of X-linked immunodeficiency (xid) mutation on B cell differentiation and function in the mouseG G Klaus
Division of Cellular Immunology, National Institute for Medical Research, London, GB
Eur J Immunol 27:2749-56. 1997CBA/N (xid) mice have a point mutation in Bruton's tyrosine kinase (btk), which results in their failure to respond to T-independent type 2 (TI-2) antigens, and to several B cell mitogens [most notably anti-immunoglobulin (Ig)] in vitro...
- Transgene expression of bcl-xL permits anti-immunoglobulin (Ig)-induced proliferation in xid B cellsN Solvason
Department of Immunology, DNAX Research Institute, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
J Exp Med 187:1081-91. 1998Mutations in the tyrosine kinase, Btk, result in a mild immunodeficiency in mice (xid)...
- Defective degranulation and calcium mobilization of bone-marrow derived mast cells from Xid and Btk-deficient miceR Setoguchi
Department of Immunology, Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, Japan
Immunol Lett 64:109-18. 1998..regulation of adhesion and degranulation by using bone marrow-derived mast cells from X-linked immunodeficiency (Xid) and Btk-deficient mice...
- Bruton's tyrosine-kinase-deficient murine B lymphocytes fail to enter S phase when stimulated with anti-immunoglobulin plus interleukin-4J Forssell
Department of Applied Cell and Molecular Biology, Umea University, Sweden
Scand J Immunol 49:155-61. 1999One of the earliest recognized defects of B cells carrying the xid mutation in the gene encoding for Bruton's tyrosine kinase (Btk) was their inability to proliferate in response to anti-immunoglobulin plus interleukin (IL)-4 stimulation...
- Splice variants of the mouse Tec gene are differentially expressed in vivoA L Merkel
Department of Biochemistry, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
Cytogenet Cell Genet 84:132-9. 1999..6 kb 5' to the gene for Txk, a Tec family member. Comparison of mouse and human Btk, human TXK, and mouse Tec genomic structures shows a high level of conservation of exon/intron boundaries...
- Early arrest in B cell development in transgenic mice that express the E41K Bruton's tyrosine kinase mutant under the control of the CD19 promoter regionA Maas
Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, Faculty of Medicine, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Immunol 162:6526-33. 1999Bruton's tyrosine kinase (Btk) is a nonreceptor protein kinase that is defective in X-linked agammaglobulinemia in humans and in X-linked immunodeficiency in mice...
- Bruton's tyrosine kinase is required for signaling the CD79b-mediated pro-B to pre-B cell transitionT Kouro
Department of Immunology, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokanedai Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Int Immunol 13:485-93. 2001..Bruton's tyrosine kinase (BTK) plays important roles in B cell development...
- PI3K and Btk differentially regulate B cell antigen receptor-mediated signal transductionHarumi Suzuki
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Nat Immunol 4:280-6. 2003Phosphoinositide-3 kinase (PI3K) is thought to activate the tyrosine kinase Btk. However, through analysis of PI3K-/- and Btk-/- mice, B cell antigen receptor (BCR)-induced activation of Btk in mouse B cells was found to be unaffected by ..
- Sixty-nine kilobases of contiguous human genomic sequence containing the alpha-galactosidase A and Bruton's tyrosine kinase lociJ C Oeltjen
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Mamm Genome 6:334-8. 1995..Upon cloning of the XLA gene, Bruton's tyrosine kinase (btk), both Fabry disease and XLA were mapped within the same 50- to 70-kb interval...
- Mice with the xid B cell defect are less susceptible to developing Staphylococcus aureus-induced arthritisY X Zhao
Department of Clinical Immunology, University of Goteborg, Sweden
J Immunol 155:2067-76. 1995..in the development of experimental Staphylococcus aureus-induced arthritis, we used X-linked immunodeficiency (xid) mice that carry a Bruton's tyrosine kinase mutation affecting the function of B cells. NFR/N...
- Influence of the mouse Bcg, Tbc-1 and xid genes on resistance and immune responses to tuberculosis infection and efficacy of bacille Calmette-Guérin (BCG) vaccinationB V Nikonenko
Experimental Immunogenetics Laboratory, Central Institute for Tuberculosis, Moscow, Russia
Clin Exp Immunol 104:37-43. 1996We have studied the role of three mouse distinct non-H-2 genes (Bcg, Tbc-1, xid) in several phenomena of antituberculosis immunity and resistance...
- Functional interaction of caveolin-1 with Bruton's tyrosine kinase and BmxLeonardo Vargas
Clinical Research Center, Karolinska Institute, Huddinge University Hospital, SE 141 86 Huddinge, Sweden
J Biol Chem 277:9351-7. 2002Bruton's tyrosine kinase (Btk), a member of the Tec family of protein-tyrosine kinases, has been shown to be crucial for B cell development, differentiation, and signaling...
- CD38 induces differentiation of immature transitional 2 B lymphocytes in the spleenJuan C Rodríguez-Alba
Departamento de Biomedicina Molecular, Centro de Investigacion y de Estudios Avanzados, and Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Mexico City, Mexico
Blood 111:3644-52. 2008..Finally, CD38 stimulation of T2 B lymphocytes obtained from Btk-, Lyn-, or Fyn-deficient mice showed a defective differentiation; similarly, drugs interfering with PI3K or ERK ..
- Btk regulates localization, in vivo activation, and class switching of anti-DNA B cellsKristina E Halcomb
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, TX 75390, United States
Mol Immunol 46:233-41. 2008..The Tec kinase Btk is necessary for the production of anti-DNA antibodies in several murine models of SLE...
- Btk-dependent Rac activation and actin rearrangement following FcepsilonRI aggregation promotes enhanced chemotactic responses of mast cellsHye Sun Kuehn
Laboratory of Allergic Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, 10 Center Drive MSC 1881, Bethesda, MD 20892 1881, USA
J Cell Sci 123:2576-85. 2010..with enhanced activation of phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K), and downstream activation of the tyrosine protein kinase Btk, with subsequent enhanced phospholipase (PL)Cγ-mediated Ca(2+) mobilization, Rac activation and F-..
- Lymphoblastic lymphoma in a colony of N:NIH(S)-bg-nu-xid miceK S Waggie
Veterinary Resources Program, National Center for Research Resources, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892
Lab Anim Sci 42:375-7. 1992During a 1-year period, 28 animals from a breeding colony of N:NIH(S)-bg-nu-xid mice were discovered to have rapidly enlarging subcutaneous swellings in the ventral, cervical, and axillary regions...
- Expression of Mls determinants in mice exhibiting the severe combined immunodeficiency (scid) mutation or X-linked immunodeficiency (xid) defectJ L Roberts
Experimental Immunology Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892
J Immunol 149:1577-82. 1992..no detectable Ig+ B cells or TCR+ T cells, as well as animals that expressed the X-linked immunodeficiency (xid) defect and lacked a subset of mature B cells...
- The NIH-3 immunodeficient mouse is a model for Lyme borreliosis myositis and carditisD L Defosse
Department of Microbiology, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis 55455
Am J Pathol 141:3-10. 1992Experimental infection of immunodeficient NIH-3 (N:NIH-bg-nu-xid) mice with Borrelia burgdorferi was found to result in multisystem histopathologic lesions...
- Restoration of in vitro responsiveness of xid B cells to TNP-Ficoll by 8-mercaptoguanosineA Ahmad
J Immunol 136:1223-6. 1986..that this immune adjuvant restores the immune responsiveness of B cells from mice with the x-linked immune defect (xid), which are nonresponsive to the type 2 antigen TNP-Ficoll...
- Expression of an X-linked gene family (XLR) in late-stage B cells and its alteration by the xid mutationD I Cohen
Nature 314:372-4. 1985One of the most extensively studied X-linked immunodeficiency disorder is the xid mutation of the mouse strain CBA/N...
- Abrogation of murine lupus by the xid gene is associated with reduced responsiveness of B cells to T-cell-helper signalsT M Fieser
Cell Immunol 87:708-13. 1984Introduction of the xid genetic mutation into strains of mice (NZB, MRL/1, BXSB), which are normally susceptible to a lupus-like disorder, significantly delays the onset of disease and reduces the polyclonal B-cell activation ..
- The role of Bruton's tyrosine kinase in B-cell development and function in mice and manW N Khan
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 764:27-38. 1995
- Genomic organization of mouse and human Bruton's agammaglobulinemia tyrosine kinase (Btk) lociP Sideras
Unit of Applied Cell and Molecular Biology, Umea University, Sweden
J Immunol 153:5607-17. 1994b>Btk is a cytoplasmic protein tyrosine kinase (PTK) that has been directly implicated in the pathogenesis of X-linked agammaglobulinaemia (XLA) in humans and X-linked immunodeficiency (Xid) in mice...
- Induction of phosphocholine-specific antibodies in X-linked immune deficient mice: in vivo protection against a Streptococcus pneumoniae challengeJ J Kenny
Biological Carcinogenesis Development Program, National Cancer Institute Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, MD 21702 1201
Int Immunol 6:561-8. 1994X-linked immune deficient (XID) mice are susceptible to infection with Streptococcus pneumoniae because they fail to mount an immune response to the immunodominant phosphocholine (PC) epitope on the bacterial cell wall...
- Production of anti-phosphorylcholine antibodies of the T15 idiotype in CBA/N xid mice: investigation of the defect using a T15 immunoglobulin transgeneP L Lim
Clinical Immunology Unit, Chinese University of Hong Kong
Mol Immunol 31:351-9. 1994A notable defect in CBA/N xid mice is their relative inability to make antibodies to phosphorylcholine (PC), particularly those of the T15 idiotype which predominate in the anti-PC responses of immunologically normal mice...
- Role of x-linked immunodeficiency (xid) and NK activity in rejection of human tumor xenotransplants in nude miceK Maruo
Central Institute for Experimental Animals, Kanagawa, Japan
APMIS 101:345-52. 1993..mice strains tested were classified as follows by expression of the beige gene and the x-linked immunodeficiency (xid) gene: 1) high NK nude (C57BL/6N, nu/nu), 2) low NK nude (C57BL/6 bg/bg nu/nu), 3) high NK nude with B-cell defect (..
- CD38 ligation induces tyrosine phosphorylation of Bruton tyrosine kinase and enhanced expression of interleukin 5-receptor alpha chain: synergistic effects with interleukin 5Y Kikuchi
Department of Immunology, University of Tokyo, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92:11814-8. 1995..anti-mouse CD38 monoclonal antibody, induced proliferation, IgM secretion, and tyrosine phosphorylation of Bruton tyrosine kinase in B cells from wild-type mice...
- Large-scale comparative sequence analysis of the human and murine Bruton's tyrosine kinase loci reveals conserved regulatory domainsJ C Oeltjen
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Genome Res 7:315-29. 1997..We compared 93 kb of human sequence to 89 kb of mouse sequence in the Bruton's tyrosine kinase (BTK) region...
- Chromosomal mapping of five highly conserved murine homologues of the Drosophila RING finger gene seven-in-absentiaA J Holloway
Trescowthick Research Laboratories, Peter MacCallum Cancer Institute, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Genomics 41:160-8. 1997..By comparing the complexity of the Siah genes in these two mammalian species we have gained further insight into which members of this murine multigene family are likely to be functional...
- Characterization of the pleckstrin homology domain of Btk as an inositol polyphosphate and phosphoinositide binding domainT Kojima
Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, Tsukuba Life Science Center, The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research RIKEN, Ibaraki, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 236:333-9. 1997..in this domain which cause either human X-linked agammaglobulinemia (XLA) or murine X-linked immunodeficiency (Xid) also dramatically reduce the Ins(1,3,4,5)P4 binding activity...
- Mapping of the gene for vascular endothelial growth factor-D in mouse and man to the X chromosomeN A Jenkins
ABL Basic Research Program, NCI Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, MD 21702, USA
Chromosome Res 5:502-5. 1997
- B-1 cell development: evidence for an uncommitted immunoglobulin (Ig)M+ B cell precursor in B-1 cell differentiationS H Clarke
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Exp Med 187:1325-34. 1998..xid mice lack functional Bruton's tyrosine kinase (Btk), a component of the B cell receptor signal transduction pathway, and are deficient in B-1 cell development...
- Enhanced human tumor cell transplantability in a new congenic immunodeficient mouse; KSN-BNXY Ishigaki
Department of Radiation Biology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kanazawa University, Japan
Folia Microbiol (Praha) 43:493-4. 1998We introduced two mutant genes (beige; bg that induces the deficiency of natural killer (NK) activity and xid that decreases the production of immunoglobulin) into KSN nude mice with high reproductive performances...
- Cloning, tissue expression, and chromosomal location of the mouse insulin receptor substrate 4 geneV R Fantin
Department of Biochemistry, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, USA
Endocrinology 140:1329-37. 1999..As the mouse genes for IRS-1 and -2 are on chromosomes 1 and 8, respectively, each IRS gene resides on a different chromosome...
- Functions of Transmembrane and Soluble Fas ligandAnn Marshak Rothstein; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will help to assess the feasibility of clinical applications of forced FasL expression and they should further reveal the significance of FasL expression by non-lymphoid tissues. ..
- B CELL HYPERACTIVITY IN AUTOIMMUNITYAnn Marshak Rothstein; Fiscal Year: 2010..A better understanding of the events that contribute to the initial activation of these autoreactive B cells will be critical to the development of more effective and less toxic therapies. ..
- Pre-BCR expression level regulates cellular functionsStephen Clarke; Fiscal Year: 2002..In the final aim whether the basis for the inability of 8/GO Tg mice to generate immature B cells is due to a pre-BCR or BCR deficiency will be determined. ..
- Anti-Sm B-1 Cell Differentiation and FunctionStephen Clarke; Fiscal Year: 2003..In the final aim, the fate of B cells that normally differentiate to B-l will be determined in autoimmune MRL/lpr mice using a Tg model system of B-l differentiation. ..
- REGULATION OF HORMONE SENSITIVE LIPASEFREDRIC KRAEMER; Fiscal Year: 2003..The experiments outlined in this proposal will provide a comprehensive examination of the function and mechanisms of action of HSL in adipose tissue. ..
- Role of arginine deficiency in pathogenesis of lupusMinoru Satoh; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- ROLE OF EOSINOPHILS IN IMMUNITY TO S STERCORALISDavid Abraham; Fiscal Year: 2005..stercoralis and in addition we will determine the role of these cells in the transition from the innate to the adaptive immune response to this infection. ..
- PI3K Signaling in Single Lymphocytes Analyzed by LMSDavid Fruman; Fiscal Year: 2005..Our second aim is to apply this technology to address the role of the PI3K regulatory isoform p85alpha in activation of different downstream signaling molecules. ..
- Phosphoinositide 3-Kinase Function in LymphocytesDavid Fruman; Fiscal Year: 2006..p85alpha-deficient mice exhibit B cell defects similar to those seen in mice lacking Btk, BLNK or PLCgamma2...
- Anti-Sm B Cell RegulationStephen Clarke; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, we will test the hypothesis that the unusual pattern of CD 19 expression affects tolerance and activation. ..
- Initiation of Contact and Asthmatic HypersensitivityPhilip Askenase; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- B1B lymphocytes generate T cell-independent memoryKISHORE ALUGUPALLI; Fiscal Year: 2009..Understanding the basis for the longevity of the Tl protective responses conferred by B1b cells will provide novel approaches to generate effective vaccines against pathogens expressing Tl antigens. ..
- Mechanisms How Adipocytes Affect Bone in Aging MiceFredric B Kraemer; Fiscal Year: 2010....