Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Axin2
Description: axin 2
Alias: Axi1, Axil, Conductin, axin-2, axin-like protein, axis inhibition protein 2
Publications139 found, 100 shown here
- Cloning of the human homolog of conductin (AXIN2), a gene mapping to chromosome 17q23-q24M Mai
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Genomics 55:341-4. 1999b>Conductin or Axil, an Axin homolog, plays an important role in the regulation of beta-catenin stability in the Wnt signaling pathway. To facilitate the molecular analysis of the human gene, we isolated the human homolog, AXIN2...
- Mutations in AXIN2 cause familial tooth agenesis and predispose to colorectal cancerLaura Lammi
Institute of Dentistry, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Am J Hum Genet 74:1043-50. 2004..and predisposition to cancer are caused by a nonsense mutation, Arg656Stop, in the Wnt-signaling regulator AXIN2. In addition, we identified a de novo frameshift mutation 1994-1995insG in AXIN2 in an unrelated young patient ..
- Receptor tyrosine kinase-like orphan receptor 2 (ROR2) and Indian hedgehog regulate digit outgrowth mediated by the phalanx-forming regionFlorian Witte
Development and Disease Group, Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics, 14195 Berlin, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:14211-6. 2010....
- Glycogen synthase kinase-3 is an in vivo regulator of hematopoietic stem cell repopulationJennifer J Trowbridge
Krembil Centre for Stem Cell Biology, Robarts Research Institute, 100 Perth Drive, London, Ontario, Canada, N6A 5K8
Nat Med 12:89-98. 2006..Our study establishes GSK-3 as a specific in vivo modulator of HSC activity, and suggests that administration of GSK-3 inhibitors may provide a clinical means to directly enhance the repopulating capacity of transplanted HSCs...
- Functional interaction of an axin homolog, conductin, with beta-catenin, APC, and GSK3betaJ Behrens
Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Robert Rossle Strasse 10, 13122 Berlin, Germany
Science 280:596-9. 1998Control of stability of beta-catenin is central in the wnt signaling pathway. Here, the protein conductin was found to form a complex with both beta-catenin and the tumor suppressor gene product adenomatous polyposis coli (APC)...
- Wnt/beta-catenin/Tcf signaling induces the transcription of Axin2, a negative regulator of the signaling pathwayEek Hoon Jho
Department of Genetics and Development, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:1172-83. 2002Axin2/Conductin/Axil and its ortholog Axin are negative regulators of the Wnt signaling pathway, which promote the phosphorylation and degradation of beta-catenin...
- Negative feedback loop of Wnt signaling through upregulation of conductin/axin2 in colorectal and liver tumorsBarbara Lustig
Max Delbrueck Center for Molecular Medicine, D 13092 Berlin, Germany
Mol Cell Biol 22:1184-93. 2002..Wnt signaling is controlled by the negative regulator conductin/axin2/axil, which induces degradation of beta-catenin by functional interaction with the tumor suppressor APC ..
- Wnt3a plays a major role in the segmentation clock controlling somitogenesisAlexander Aulehla
Abteilung Entwicklungsbiologie, Max Planck Institut fur Immunbiologie, Stubeweg 51, D 79108, Freiburg, Germany
Dev Cell 4:395-406. 2003..Here, we establish a novel link between Wnt/beta-catenin signaling and the segmentation clock. Axin2, a negative regulator of the Wnt pathway, is directly controlled by Wnt/beta-catenin and shows oscillating ..
- beta-Catenin signals regulate cell growth and the balance between progenitor cell expansion and differentiation in the nervous systemDietmar Zechner
Max Delbrück Center of Molecular Medicine, Robert Rossle Str 10, 13125, Berlin, Germany
Dev Biol 258:406-18. 2003..beta-Catenin signals are thus essential for the maintenance of proliferation of neuronal progenitors, controlling the size of the progenitor pool, and impinging on the decision of neuronal progenitors to proliferate or to differentiate...
- Instability of Hes7 protein is crucial for the somite segmentation clockHiromi Hirata
Institute for Virus Research, Kyoto University, Shogoin Kawahara, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Nat Genet 36:750-4. 2004..We simulated this effect mathematically using a direct autorepression model. Thus, instability of Hes7 is essential for sustained oscillation and for its function as a segmentation clock...
- The role of Axin2 in calvarial morphogenesis and craniosynostosisHsiao Man Ivy Yu
Center for Oral Biology, Department of Biomedical Genetics, Abs Institute of Biomedical Sciences, School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Rochester, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Development 132:1995-2005. 2005Axin1 and its homolog Axin2/conductin/Axil are negative regulators of the canonical Wnt pathway that suppress signal transduction by promoting degradation of beta-catenin...
- Mouse axin and axin2/conductin proteins are functionally equivalent in vivoIan V Chia
Department of Genetics and Development, Columbia University Medical Center, 701 W 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:4371-6. 2005..The related protein Axin2/Conductin, although less extensively studied, is thought to perform similar functions...
- Wnt3a links left-right determination with segmentation and anteroposterior axis elongationMasa aki Nakaya
Cancer and Developmental Biology Laboratory, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute Frederick, NIH Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Development 132:5425-36. 2005..Thus, Wnt3a links the segmentation clock and AP axis elongation with key left-determining events, suggesting that Wnt3a is an integral component of the trunk organizer...
- Dact1 presomitic mesoderm expression oscillates in phase with Axin2 in the somitogenesis clock of miceRowena Suriben
Department of Psychiatry and Graduate Programs in Developmental Biology and Neuroscience, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
Dev Dyn 235:3177-83. 2006..functions and with the "clock and wavefront" model of signal regulation during somitogenesis, the oscillation of Dact1 occurs in phase with the Wnt signaling component Axin2, and out of phase with the Notch signaling component Lfng.
- Wnt3a/beta-catenin signaling controls posterior body development by coordinating mesoderm formation and segmentationWilliam C Dunty
Cancer and Developmental Biology Laboratory, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute Frederick, NIH, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Development 135:85-94. 2008..Thus, Wnt3a regulates somitogenesis by activating a network of interacting target genes that promote mesodermal fates, activate the segmentation clock, and position boundary determination genes in the anterior PSM...
- Activation of beta-catenin signaling by Rspo1 controls differentiation of the mammalian ovaryAnne Amandine Chassot
INSERM, U636, F 06108 Nice, France
Hum Mol Genet 17:1264-77. 2008..Thus, a balance between Sox9 and beta-catenin activation determines the fate of the gonad, with Rspo1 acting as a crucial regulator of canonical beta-catenin signaling required for female development...
- Targeted disruption of the Wnt regulator Kremen induces limb defects and high bone densityKristina Ellwanger
Division of Molecular Embryology, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Mol Cell Biol 28:4875-82. 2008..Our study provides the first genetic evidence for a functional interaction of Kremen proteins with Dkk1 as negative regulators of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling and reveals that Kremen proteins are not universally required for Dkk1 function...
- Wnt and FGF signals interact to coordinate growth with cell fate specification during limb developmentDerk ten Berge
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Developmental Biology, Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Development 135:3247-57. 2008....
- Cyclical expression of the Notch/Wnt regulator Nrarp requires modulation by Dll3 in somitogenesisWilliam Sewell
School of Life Sciences, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 85287, USA
Dev Biol 329:400-9. 2009..5 dpc) somitogenesis. Nrarp displays a distinct pattern of cycling phases when compared to Lfng and Axin2 (a Wnt pathway gene) at 9.5 dpc but appears to be in phase with Lfng by 10.5 dpc...
- Inactivation of Chibby affects function of motile airway ciliaVera A Voronina
Department of Pharmacology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, USA
J Cell Biol 185:225-33. 2009..As the phenotypes of Cby(-/-) mice bear striking similarities to primary ciliary dyskinesia, Cby(-/-) mice may prove to be a useful model for this condition...
- Reciprocal requirements for EDA/EDAR/NF-kappaB and Wnt/beta-catenin signaling pathways in hair follicle inductionYuhang Zhang
Departments of Dermatology and Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Dev Cell 17:49-61. 2009..These data reveal a complex interplay and interdependence of Wnt/beta-catenin and EDA/EDAR/NF-kappaB signaling pathways in initiation and maintenance of primary hair follicle placodes...
- Notch is a critical component of the mouse somitogenesis oscillator and is essential for the formation of the somitesZoltan Ferjentsik
Division of Cell and Developmental Biology, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom
PLoS Genet 5:e1000662. 2009..We propose that, at least in the mouse embryo, Notch activity is absolutely essential for the formation of a segmented body axis...
- beta-Catenin promotes respiratory progenitor identity in mouse foregutKelley S Harris-Johnson
Laboratory of Genetics and Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:16287-92. 2009..Our findings reveal an early role for beta-Catenin in the establishment of respiratory progenitors in mouse foregut endoderm...
- Reciprocal regulation of Wnt and Gpr177/mouse Wntless is required for embryonic axis formationJiang Fu
Department of Biomedical Genetics, Center for Oral Biology, James P Wilmot Cancer Center, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 611, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:18598-603. 2009..A reciprocal regulation of Wnt and Gpr177 is essential for the patterning of the anterior-posterior axis during mammalian development...
- Pea3 transcription factors and wnt1-induced mouse mammary neoplasiaRebecca Baker
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, New York, USA
PLoS ONE 5:e8854. 2010..which was visualized using both beta-catenin immunohistochemistry and the beta-catenin/TCF-responsive reporter Axin2(NLSlacZ)...
- Transient development of ovotestes in XX Sox9 transgenic miceElodie P Gregoire
INSERM, U636, F 06108 Nice, France
Dev Biol 349:65-77. 2011..Finally, ovarian cells of the XX Wt1:Sox9 ovotestis undergo apoptosis during late embryogenesis leading to complete female-to-male sex reversal of the transgenic mice at birth...
- β-catenin/cyclin D1 mediated development of suture mesenchyme in calvarial morphogenesisAnthony J Mirando
Department of Biomedical Genetics, Center for Oral Biology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
BMC Dev Biol 10:116. 2010Mouse genetic study has demonstrated that Axin2 is essential for calvarial development and disease. Haploid deficiency of β-catenin alleviates the calvarial phenotype caused by Axin2 deficiency...
- Paneth cells constitute the niche for Lgr5 stem cells in intestinal cryptsToshiro Sato
Hubrecht Institute, KNAW and University Medical Center Utrecht, Uppsalalaan 8, 3584CT Utrecht, The Netherlands
Nature 469:415-8. 2011..In colon crypts, CD24(+) cells residing between Lgr5 stem cells may represent the Paneth cell equivalents. We conclude that Lgr5 stem cells compete for essential niche signals provided by a specialized daughter cell, the Paneth cell...
- Dynamic expression of Lgr5, a Wnt target gene, in the developing and mature mouse cochleaRenjie Chai
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Stanford University, CA 94305, USA
J Assoc Res Otolaryngol 12:455-69. 2011..The expression pattern of Lgr5 contrasts with another Wnt target gene, Axin2, a feedback inhibitor of the Wnt pathway...
- Differentiation generates paracrine cell pairs that maintain basaloid mouse mammary tumors: proof of conceptSoyoung Kim
McArdle Laboratory for Cancer Research, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
PLoS ONE 6:e19310. 2011....
- Axin2 as regulatory and therapeutic target in newborn brain injury and remyelinationStephen P J Fancy
Department of Pediatrics and Neurosurgery, Eli and Edythe Broad Institute for Stem Cell Research and Regeneration Medicine and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
Nat Neurosci 14:1009-16. 2011..We found that AXIN2 was expressed in immature oligodendrocyte progenitor cells (OLPs) in white matter lesions of human newborns with ..
- Contrasting expression of canonical Wnt signaling reporters TOPGAL, BATGAL and Axin2(LacZ) during murine lung development and repairDenise Al Alam
Developmental Biology and Regenerative Medicine Program, Saban Research Institute of Children s Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e23139. 2011..early progenitor cell fates: investigation has been enhanced by canonical Wnt reporter mice, TOPGAL, BATGAL and Axin2(LacZ)...
- Canonical wnt signaling regulates hematopoiesis in a dosage-dependent fashionTiago C Luis
Department of Immunology, Erasmus University Medical Center, The Netherlands
Cell Stem Cell 9:345-56. 2011..Differential, lineage-specific optimal Wnt dosages provide a unifying concept that explains the differences reported among inducible gain-of-function approaches, leading to either HSC expansion or depletion of the HSC pool...
- In vitro expansion of single Lgr5+ liver stem cells induced by Wnt-driven regenerationMeritxell Huch
Hubrecht Institute for Developmental Biology and Stem Cell Research, University Medical Centre Utrecht, Netherlands
Nature 494:247-50. 2013..These findings indicate that previous observations concerning Lgr5(+) stem cells in actively self-renewing tissues can also be extended to damage-induced stem cells in a tissue with a low rate of spontaneous proliferation...
- Retinoic acid controls the bilateral symmetry of somite formation in the mouse embryoJulien Vermot
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS INSERM ULP College de France, BP 10142, 67404 Illkirch Cedex, Strasbourg, France
Science 308:563-6. 2005..These data implicate retinoic acid as an endogenous signal that maintains the bilateral synchrony of mesoderm segmentation, and therefore controls bilateral symmetry, in vertebrate embryos...
- Dissecting Wnt/beta-catenin signaling during gastrulation using RNA interference in mouse embryosHeiko Lickert
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto M5G 1X5, Canada
Development 132:2599-609. 2005..This functional genomic approach allows the rapid identification of functionally important components of embryonic development from large datasets of putative targets...
- Oscillations of the snail genes in the presomitic mesoderm coordinate segmental patterning and morphogenesis in vertebrate somitogenesisJacqueline Kim Dale
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Stowers Institute for Medical Research, 1000 East 50 th Street, Kansas City, Missouri 64110, USA
Dev Cell 10:355-66. 2006..Thus, Snail genes define a class of cyclic genes that coordinate segmentation and PSM morphogenesis...
- Impaired neural development caused by inducible expression of Axin in transgenic miceHsiao Man Ivy Yu
Department of Biomedical Genetics, Center for Oral Biology, Abs Institute of Biomedical Sciences, School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Rochester, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 611, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Mech Dev 124:146-56. 2007..The ubiquitously expressed Axin1 plays an important role in formation of the embryonic neural axis, while Axin2 is essential for craniofacial skeletogenesis...
- A dynamic gradient of Wnt signaling controls initiation of neurogenesis in the mammalian cortex and cellular specification in the hippocampusOndrej Machon
Section for Cellular and Genetic Therapy, Institute of Microbiology, Center of Molecular Biology and Neuroscience, The National Hospital, N 1349 Oslo, Norway
Dev Biol 311:223-37. 2007..This suggests that the dose of canonical Wnt signaling determines cellular fate in the developing cortex and hippocampus, and that recession of Wnt signaling acts as a morphogenetic gradient regulating neurogenesis in the cortex...
- A beta-catenin gradient links the clock and wavefront systems in mouse embryo segmentationAlexander Aulehla
Stowers Institute for Medical Research, Kansas City, MO 64110, USA
Nat Cell Biol 10:186-93. 2008..This gradient of nuclear beta-catenin defines the size of the oscillatory field and controls key aspects of PSM maturation and segment formation, emphasizing the central role of Wnt signalling in this process...
- Noncyclic Notch activity in the presomitic mesoderm demonstrates uncoupling of somite compartmentalization and boundary formationJuliane Feller
Institute for Molecular Biology, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Hanover, Germany
Genes Dev 22:2166-71. 2008..Expression in the PSM of Hes7, Lfng, and Spry2 was no longer cyclic, whereas Axin2 was expressed dynamically...
- Lrp4 modulates extracellular integration of cell signaling pathways in developmentAtsushi Ohazama
Department of Craniofacial Development, Dental Institute, King s College London, Guy s Hospital, London, UK
PLoS ONE 3:e4092. 2008..Thus in this context Wise acts as an extracellular signaling molecule linking two signaling pathways. We further show that a downstream mediator of this integration is the Shh signaling pathway...
- Axin2 regulates chondrocyte maturation and axial skeletal developmentDebbie Y Dao
Department of Orthopaedics, Center for Musculoskeletal Research, University of Rochester School of Medicine, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Orthop Res 28:89-95. 2010Axis inhibition proteins 1 and 2 (Axin1 and Axin2) are scaffolding proteins that modulate at least two signaling pathways that are crucial in skeletogenesis: the Wnt/beta-catenin and TGF-beta signaling pathways...
- Activation status of Wnt/ß-catenin signaling in normal and neoplastic breast tissues: relationship to HER2/neu expression in human and mouseSara Khalil
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e33421. 2012..02). Furthermore, cytoplasmic ß-catenin was detected in HER2/neu-induced mouse mammary tumors. The Axin2(NLSlacZ) mouse strain, a previously validated reporter of mammary Wnt/ß-catenin signaling, was utilized to define ..
- Craniosynostosis caused by Axin2 deficiency is mediated through distinct functions of beta-catenin in proliferation and differentiationBo Liu
Department of Biomedical Genetics, Center for Oral Biology, Abs Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Dev Biol 301:298-308. 2007Targeted disruption of Axin2 in mice induces skeletal defects, a phenotype resembling craniosynostosis in humans. Premature fusion of cranial sutures, caused by deficiency in intramembranous ossification, occurs at early postnatal stages...
- The balance of WNT and FGF signaling influences mesenchymal stem cell fate during skeletal developmentTakamitsu Maruyama
Department of Biomedical Genetics, Center for Oral Biology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Sci Signal 3:ra40. 2010..Simultaneous knockout of Axin2, a negative regulator of the WNT-beta-catenin pathway, and decreased activity of fibroblast growth factor (FGF) ..
- Differential activation of canonical Wnt signaling determines cranial sutures fate: a novel mechanism for sagittal suture craniosynostosisBjorn Behr
Children s Surgical Research Program, Department of Surgery, Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA
Dev Biol 344:922-40. 2010..We propose that regulation of canonical Wnt signaling is of crucial importance during the physiological patterning of PF and SAG sutures. Importantly, dysregulation of this pathway may lead to craniosynostosis...
- Wnt proteins are self-renewal factors for mammary stem cells and promote their long-term expansion in cultureYi Arial Zeng
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Developmental Biology, Stanford University, School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5323, USA
Cell Stem Cell 6:568-77. 2010..In addition, stem cells mutant for the negative-feedback regulator Axin2 and therefore sensitized to Wnt signals have a competitive advantage in mammary gland reconstitution assays...
- Early embryonic death in mice lacking the beta-catenin-binding protein DuplinMasaaki Nishiyama
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 24:8386-94. 2004..Expression of beta-catenin target genes, including those for T (brachyury), Axin2, and cyclin D1, was not increased in Duplin(-/-) embryos, suggesting that the developmental defect is not simply ..
- Pathological responses to oncogenic Hedgehog signaling in skin are dependent on canonical Wnt/beta3-catenin signalingSteven Hoseong Yang
Department of Dermatology and Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Michigan Medical School, 1500 East Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Nat Genet 40:1130-5. 2008....
- Dynamic patterning at the pylorus: formation of an epithelial intestine-stomach boundary in late fetal lifeXing Li
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 2200, USA
Dev Dyn 238:3205-17. 2009..Finally, we define a unique expression domain at the pylorus itself and detect novel pylorus-specific patterns for the transcription factor Gata3 and the secreted protein nephrocan...
- Differential activity of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling in the embryonic mouse thalamusKrista K Bluske
Department of Neuroscience, and Graduate Program in Neuroscience, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Dev Dyn 238:3297-309. 2009..We examined Wnt/beta-catenin activity in embryonic mouse thalamus and found that a Wnt target gene Axin2 and reporter activity of BAT-gal transgenic mice show similar, differential patterns within the thalamic ..
- Left-right function of dmrt2 genes is not conserved between zebrafish and mouseRaquel Lourenço
Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de Lisboa, Instituto de Medicina Molecular e Instituto de Histologia e Biologia do Desenvolvimento, Lisboa, Portugal
PLoS ONE 5:e14438. 2010..However, nothing was known about its role during left-right patterning in the lateral plate mesoderm or in the symmetric synchronization of somite formation...
- Embryonic stem cells require Wnt proteins to prevent differentiation to epiblast stem cellsDerk ten Berge
Erasmus MC Stem Cell Institute, Department of Cell Biology, Erasmus Medical Center, P O Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Nat Cell Biol 13:1070-5. 2011..Our results not only demonstrate that Wnt signals regulate the naive-to-primed pluripotency transition, but also identify Wnt as an essential and limiting ESC self-renewal factor...
- RSPO1/β-catenin signaling pathway regulates oogonia differentiation and entry into meiosis in the mouse fetal ovaryAnne Amandine Chassot
INSERM, U636, Nice, France
PLoS ONE 6:e25641. 2011..Our results demonstrate that RSPO1/β-catenin signaling is involved in meiosis in fetal germ cells and contributes to the cellular decision of germ cells to differentiate into oocyte or sperm...
- Conditional Aurora A deficiency differentially affects early mouse embryo patterningYeonsoo Yoon
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Dev Biol 371:77-85. 2012..Our results reveal new ways to induce apoptosis and to ablate cells in a tissue-specific manner in vivo. Moreover, they show that epiblast-ablated embryos can be used to test the potency of stem cells...
- Wnt3 function in the epiblast is required for the maintenance but not the initiation of gastrulation in miceGiovane G Tortelote
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 55 Lake Ave North S7 228, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Dev Biol 374:164-73. 2013..5. At the molecular level, we provide evidence that Wnt3 regulates its own expression and that of other primitive streak markers via activation of the canonical Wnt signaling pathway...
- Gli3 is required in Emx1+ progenitors for the development of the corpus callosumEleni Maria Amaniti
Centre for Integrative Physiology, University of Edinburgh, Hugh Robson Building, George Square, Edinburgh EH8 9XD, United Kingdom
Dev Biol 376:113-24. 2013..Collectively, these data demonstrate a crucial role for Gli3 in cortical progenitors to control CC formation and indicate how defects in CSB formation affect the positioning of callosal guidepost cells...
- Parallel states of pathological Wnt signaling in neonatal brain injury and colon cancerStephen P J Fancy
1 Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco UCSF, San Francisco, California, USA 2 Department of Neurology, UCSF, San Francisco, California, USA 3 Eli and Edythe Broad Institute for Stem Cell Research and Regeneration Medicine and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, UCSF, San Francisco, California, USA 4
Nat Neurosci 17:506-12. 2014..These findings suggest a state of pathological high-activity Wnt signaling in human disease tissues that lack predisposing genetic mutation. ..
- The Meckel-Gruber syndrome protein TMEM67 controls basal body positioning and epithelial branching morphogenesis in mice via the non-canonical Wnt pathwayZakia A Abdelhamed
Ciliopathy Research Group, Section of Ophthalmology and Neurosciences, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Leeds, Leeds LS9 7TF, UK Department of Anatomy and Embryology, Faculty of Medicine, Al Azhar University, Cairo 11844, Egypt
Dis Model Mech 8:527-41. 2015..Downstream therapeutic targeting of the Wnt5a-TMEM67-ROR2 axis might, therefore, reduce or prevent pulmonary hypoplasia in ciliopathies and other congenital conditions. ..
- Endodermal Wnt signaling is required for tracheal cartilage formationJohn Snowball
The Perinatal Institute Division of Neonatology, Perinatal and Pulmonary Biology, Cincinnati Children s Medical Center Research Foundation, USA
Dev Biol 405:56-70. 2015..Wnt/β-catenin activity, indicated by Axin2 LacZ reporter, was decreased in tracheal mesenchyme of Wls(f/f);Shh(Cre/+) embryos...
- Targeting of the pulmonary capillary vascular niche promotes lung alveolar repair and ameliorates fibrosisZhongwei Cao
Ansary Stem Cell Institute, Weill Cornell Medicine, New York, New York, USA
Nat Med 22:154-62. 2016..Thus, targeting of a maladapted hematopoietic-vascular niche, in which macrophages, PCECs and perivascular fibroblasts interact, may help to develop therapy to spur lung regeneration and alleviate fibrosis. ..
- Heterogeneity in readouts of canonical wnt pathway activity within intestinal cryptsNing Li
Department of Biomedical Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Dev Dyn 245:822-33. 2016....
- rBMP represses Wnt signaling and influences skeletal progenitor cell fate specification during bone repairSteve Minear
Department of Surgery, Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Stanford School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Bone Miner Res 25:1196-207. 2010..These mechanistic insights may be particularly useful for optimizing the reparative potential of rBMPs while simultaneously minimizing their adverse outcomes...
- Fuz regulates craniofacial development through tissue specific responses to signaling factorsZichao Zhang
Institute of Biosciences and Technology, Texas A and M Health Science Center, Houston, Texas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e24608. 2011..These data demonstrate a new model for coordination of Hh and Wnt signaling and reveal a Fuz-dependent negative feedback loop controlling Wnt/β-catenin signaling...
- Wnt5a can both activate and repress Wnt/β-catenin signaling during mouse embryonic developmentRenée van Amerongen
Department of Developmental Biology and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Lorry I Lokey Stem Cell Research Building, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Dev Biol 369:101-14. 2012....
- Wnt signaling though beta-catenin is required for prostate lineage specificationBrian W Simons
Department of Molecular and Comparative Pathobiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Dev Biol 371:246-55. 2012..Deletion of beta-catenin in the adult prostate did not significantly affect organ homeostasis. Collectively, these data establish that beta-catenin and Wnt signaling play key roles in prostate lineage specification and bud outgrowth...
- Tcf7l1 prepares epiblast cells in the gastrulating mouse embryo for lineage specificationJackson A Hoffman
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
Development 140:1665-75. 2013..We suggest that the role of Tcf7l1 in mammals is to inhibit the GRN to ensure the coordination of lineage specification with the dynamic cellular events occurring during gastrulation...
- Fgf9 from dermal γδ T cells induces hair follicle neogenesis after woundingDenise Gay
Department of Dermatology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Nat Med 19:916-23. 2013..These findings highlight the essential relationship between the immune system and tissue regeneration. The importance of Fgf9 in hair follicle regeneration suggests that it could be used therapeutically in humans. ..
- Role of GSK-3β in the osteogenic differentiation of palatal mesenchymeEmily R Nelson
Hagey Laboratory for Pediatric Regenerative Medicine, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Division, Department of Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e25847. 2011..Using GSK-3ß null mouse embryos, we examine the potential coordinate roles of Wnt and Hedgehog signaling on palatal ossification...
- Low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein-5 binds to Axin and regulates the canonical Wnt signaling pathwayJ Mao
Department of Genetics and Developmental Biology, University of Connecticut, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
Mol Cell 7:801-9. 2001..In addition, the LRP-5 sequences involved in interactions with Axin are required for LEF-1 activation. Thus, we conclude that the binding of Axin to LRP-5 is an important part of the Wnt signal transduction pathway...
- Genetic interaction between Wnt/beta-catenin and BMP receptor signaling during formation of the AER and the dorsal-ventral axis in the limbNatalia Soshnikova
Max Delbrück Centrum for Molecular Medicine, Robert Rossle Strasse 10, 13125Berlin, Germany
Genes Dev 17:1963-8. 2003..Thus, AER formation and dorsal-ventral patterning of limbs are tightly controlled by an intricate interplay between Wnt/beta-catenin and BMP receptor signaling...
- Genetic elimination of Suppressor of fused reveals an essential repressor function in the mammalian Hedgehog signaling pathwayJessica Svärd
Department of Biosciences at Novum, Karolinska Institutet, SE 141 57 Huddinge, Sweden
Dev Cell 10:187-97. 2006..Our data demonstrate that, in striking contrast to Drosophila, in mammals, Sufu has a central role, and its loss of function leads to potent ligand-independent activation of the Hh pathway...
- Bmp and Wnt/beta-catenin signals control expression of the transcription factor Olig3 and the specification of spinal cord neuronsDietmar Zechner
Max Delbrück Center of Molecular Medicine, Robert Rossle Strasse 10, 13125 Berlin, Germany
Dev Biol 303:181-90. 2007..We conclude that Wnt/beta-catenin and BMP signals coordinately control the specification of dorsal neurons in the spinal cord...
- Lack of the murine homeobox gene Hesx1 leads to a posterior transformation of the anterior forebrainCynthia L Andoniadou
Neural Development Unit, UCL Institute of Child Health, 30 Guilford Street, WC1N 1EH, London, UK
Development 134:1499-508. 2007..However, conditional expression of Hesx1 within the AFB can rescue the forebrain defects observed in the Hesx1 mutants. The results presented here provide new insights into the function of Hesx1 in forebrain formation...
- Identification of oscillatory genes in somitogenesis from functional genomic analysis of a human mesenchymal stem cell modelDilusha A William
Division of Human Genetics and Orthopaedic Surgery, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 3615 Civic Center Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Dev Biol 305:172-86. 2007..Our results demonstrate that human and mouse in vitro models can recapitulate oscillatory expression observed in embryo and that a number of genes in multiple developmental pathways display dynamic expression in vitro...
- Mouse R-spondin2 is required for apical ectodermal ridge maintenance in the hindlimbJu Suk Nam
Center for Molecular Medicine, Maine Medical Center Research Institute, 81 Research Drive, Scarborough, ME 04074, USA
Dev Biol 311:124-35. 2007..Consistent with the ligand role of R-spondins in the Wnt/beta-catenin signaling pathway, expression of Axin2 and Sp8, targets for beta-catenin signaling, within AER was greatly reduced in Rspo2(-/-) embryos...
- Axin1 and Axin2 are regulated by TGF- and mediate cross-talk between TGF- and Wnt signaling pathwaysDebbie Y Dao
Department of Orthopaedics, Center for Musculoskeletal Research University of Rochester School of Medicine, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1116:82-99. 2007..Axin1 and Axin2 are functionally equivalent and have been shown to inhibit Wnt/beta-catenin signaling and stimulate TGF-beta ..
- Wnt-mediated self-renewal of neural stem/progenitor cellsM Yashar S Kalani
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Developmental Biology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:16970-5. 2008....
- Analysis of mouse models carrying the I26T and R160C substitutions in the transcriptional repressor HESX1 as models for septo-optic dysplasia and hypopituitarismEzat Sajedi
Neural Development Unit, Institute of Child Health, University College London, London, UK
Dis Model Mech 1:241-54. 2008..Together, these results suggest that the I26T mutation yields a hypomorphic allele, whereas R160C produces a null allele and, consequently, a more severe phenotype in both mice and humans...
- Effect of retinoic acid signaling on Wnt/beta-catenin and FGF signaling during body axis extensionXianling Zhao
Burnham Institute for Medical Research, Development and Aging Program, 10901 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Gene Expr Patterns 9:430-5. 2009..by Sprouty2 and Pea3 expression, and an expansion of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling detected by expression of Axin2, Tbx6, Cdx2, and Cdx4...
- Hand2 regulates chondrogenesis in vitro and in vivoMakoto Abe
Department of Oral Anatomy and Developmental Biology, Osaka University Graduate School of Dentistry, 1 8 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Bone 46:1359-68. 2010....
- Conditional mutation of Pkd2 causes cystogenesis and upregulates beta-cateninIngyu Kim
Division of Genetic Medicine, Department of Medicine and Cell and Developmental Biology, Vanderbilt University, 2215 Garland Avenue, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 20:2556-69. 2009..They also significantly upregulated beta-catenin, axin2, and cMyc...
- Retinoic acid signaling in perioptic mesenchyme represses Wnt signaling via induction of Pitx2 and Dkk2Sandeep Kumar
Burnham Institute for Medical Research, Development and Aging Program, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Dev Biol 340:67-74. 2010..b>Axin2, an endogenous readout of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling, was up-regulated in cornea and perioptic mesenchyme of RA ..
- Characterization and in vivo pharmacological rescue of a Wnt2-Gata6 pathway required for cardiac inflow tract developmentYing Tian
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Dev Cell 18:275-87. 2010..These data reveal a molecular pathway regulating the posterior cardiac mesoderm and demonstrate that cardiovascular defects caused by loss of Wnt signaling can be rescued pharmacologically in vivo...
- Macrophage Wnt7b is critical for kidney repair and regenerationShuei Liong Lin
Laboratory of Inflammation Research, Renal Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:4194-9. 2010....
- Conductin/axin2 and Wnt signalling regulates centrosome cohesionMichel V Hadjihannas
Nikolaus Fiebiger Center for Molecular Medicine, University Erlangen Nurnberg, Glueckstrasse 6, Erlangen 91054, Germany
EMBO Rep 11:317-24. 2010..Here, we report a mechanism linking Wnt/beta-catenin signalling to centrosome separation. We show that conductin/axin2, a negative regulator of beta-catenin, localizes at the centrosomes by binding to the centriole-associated ..
- beta-Catenin regulates intercellular signalling networks and cell-type specific transcription in the developing mouse midbrain-rhombomere 1 regionDmitri Chilov
Institute of Biotechnology, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
PLoS ONE 5:e10881. 2010..These results highlight the role of beta-catenin in establishment of neuroectodermal signalling centers, promoting region-specific gene expression and regulation of cell fate determination...
- The Wnt/beta-catenin pathway modulates vascular remodeling and specification by upregulating Dll4/Notch signalingMonica Corada
IFOM, The FIRC Institute of Molecular Oncology Foundation, 20139 Milan, Italy
Dev Cell 18:938-49. 2010..We propose that early and sustained beta-catenin signaling prevents correct endothelial cell differentiation, altering vascular remodeling and arteriovenous specification...
- Pinin modulates expression of an intestinal homeobox gene, Cdx2, and plays an essential role for small intestinal morphogenesisJeong Hoon Joo
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL, USA
Dev Biol 345:191-203. 2010..Taken together, our results suggest that Pnn is essential for tight regulation of Wnt signaling and Cdx2 expression during small intestinal development...
- Altered lung morphogenesis, epithelial cell differentiation and mechanics in mice deficient in the Wnt/β-catenin antagonist ChibbyDamon Love
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, SUNY at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e13600. 2010..Moreover, we demonstrate that Cby is a direct downstream target for the master ciliogenesis transcription factor Foxj1. Collectively, our results demonstrate that Cby facilitates proper postnatal lung development and function...
- Combinatorial regulation of optic cup progenitor cell fate by SOX2 and PAX6Danielle Matsushima
UNC Neuroscience Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Development 138:443-54. 2011..Collectively, these results demonstrate that precise regulation of the ratio of SOX2 to PAX6 is necessary to ensure accurate progenitor cell specification, and place SOX2 as a decisive factor of neural competence in the retina...
- Wnt5a regulates growth, patterning, and odontoblast differentiation of developing mouse toothMinkui Lin
Department of Periodontology, Affiliated Stomatological Hospital, Fujian Medical University, Fuzhou, Fujian, China
Dev Dyn 240:432-40. 2011..These defects are associated with upregulated Axin2 and Shh expression in the dental epithelium and reduced levels of cell proliferation in the dental epithelium and ..
- Wnt/β-catenin signaling is disrupted in the extra-toes (Gli3(Xt/Xt) ) mutant from early stages of forebrain development, concomitant with anterior neural plate patterning defectsVassiliki Fotaki
Genes and Development Group, Centre for Integrative Physiology, School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH8 9XD, United Kingdom
J Comp Neurol 519:1640-57. 2011..Our data reveal that Gli3 is required at the neural plate stage to regulate Wnt expression and Wnt/β-catenin signaling in the presumptive forebrain and confirm its previously proposed role in patterning the anterior neural plate...
- SMAD4-mediated WNT signaling controls the fate of cranial neural crest cells during tooth morphogenesisJingyuan Li
Center for Craniofacial Molecular Biology, Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry, University of Southern California, 2250 Alcazar Street, CSA 103, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Development 138:1977-89. 2011..Taken together, our study demonstrates that SMAD4 plays a crucial role in regulating the interplay between TGFβ/BMP and WNT signaling to ensure the proper CNC cell fate decision during organogenesis...
- Lgr4-deficient mice showed premature differentiation of ureteric bud with reduced expression of Wnt effector Lef1 and Gata3Yasuaki Mohri
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Dev Dyn 240:1626-34. 2011..We demonstrate here that Lgr4 has a novel function for maintaining the UB in an undifferentiated state...
- Disrupted dorsal neural tube BMP signaling in the cilia mutant Arl13b hnn stems from abnormal Shh signalingVanessa L Horner
Department of Human Genetics, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Dev Biol 355:43-54. 2011..We demonstrate that Arl13b is required non-autonomously for BMP signaling and Wnt ligand expression, indicating that the abnormal Shh signaling environment in Arl13b(hnn) embryos indirectly causes dorsal defects...
- The inductive role of Wnt-β-Catenin signaling in the formation of oral apparatusCongxing Lin
Division of Dermatology, Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 S Euclid Avenue, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Dev Biol 356:40-50. 2011..We provide genetic evidence that disruption of either signaling pathway results in severe microglossia. Altogether, we demonstrate a dynamic role for Wnt-β-Catenin signaling in the development of the oral apparatus...
- Coordination of epithelial branching and salivary gland lumen formation by Wnt and FGF signalsNisha Patel
Department of Craniofacial Development, Dental Institute, King s College London, Guy s Hospital, London Bridge, London, UK
Dev Biol 358:156-67. 2011..Using the Axin2(lacZ) reporter mice, we find Wnt/β-catenin signaling activity first in the mesenchyme and later, at the time of ..
- Impaired stria vascularis integrity upon loss of E-cadherin in basal cellsMark Oliver Trowe
Institut fur Molekularbiologie, OE5250, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Carl Neuberg Str 1, D 30625 Hannover, Germany
Dev Biol 359:95-107. 2011....
- Beta-catenin regulates Cripto- and Wnt3-dependent gene expression programs in mouse axis and mesoderm formationMarkus Morkel
Max Delbrueck Center for Molecular Medicine, Robert Roessle Strasse 10, 13125 Berlin, Germany
Development 130:6283-94. 2003..Our data assign a key role to beta-catenin upstream of two distinct gene expression programs during anteroposterior axis and mesoderm formation...
- Is non-canonical Wnt signaling required in cardiac neural crest cells?Ethan David Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2008..This.information may lead to new detection or treatment strategies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..