Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Arc
Description: activity regulated cytoskeletal-associated protein
Alias: Arc3.1, C86064, arg3.1, mArc, activity-regulated cytoskeleton-associated protein, ARC/ARG3.1, activity-regulated gene 3.1 protein homolog, arc
- Arc/Arg3.1 mediates homeostatic synaptic scaling of AMPA receptorsJason D Shepherd
Department of Neuroscience, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Neuron 52:475-84. 2006..Here, we demonstrate that Arc/Arg3...
- Activation of intracellular metabotropic glutamate receptor 5 in striatal neurons leads to up-regulation of genes associated with sustained synaptic transmission including Arc/Arg3.1 proteinVikas Kumar
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 287:5412-25. 2012..up-regulates genes involved in synaptic plasticity including activity-regulated cytoskeletal-associated protein (Arc/Arg3.1)...
- Convulsant doses of a dopamine D1 receptor agonist result in Erk-dependent increases in Zif268 and Arc/Arg3.1 expression in mouse dentate gyrusGiuseppe Gangarossa
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
PLoS ONE 6:e19415. 2011..SKF 81297 was also able to enhance the levels of Zif268 and Arc/Arg3.1, two immediate early genes involved in transcriptional regulation and synaptic plasticity...
- Arc/Arg3.1 is essential for the consolidation of synaptic plasticity and memoriesNiels Plath
Molecular Neurobiology, Department of Biology Chemistry Pharmacy, Freie Universitat Berlin, 14195 Berlin, Germany
Neuron 52:437-44. 2006b>Arc/Arg3.1 is robustly induced by plasticity-producing stimulation and specifically targeted to stimulated synaptic areas. To investigate the role of Arc/Arg3.1 in synaptic plasticity and learning and memory, we generated Arc/Arg3...
- The Angelman Syndrome protein Ube3A regulates synapse development by ubiquitinating arcPaul L Greer
Department of Neurobiology, Harvard Medical School, 220 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell 140:704-16. 2010..Ube3A transcription and that Ube3A then regulates excitatory synapse development by controlling the degradation of Arc, a synaptic protein that promotes the internalization of the AMPA subtype of glutamate receptors...
- Activity-induced Notch signaling in neurons requires Arc/Arg3.1 and is essential for synaptic plasticity in hippocampal networksLavinia Alberi
Institute for Cell Engineering, Neuroregeneration Program, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Neuron 69:437-44. 2011..In addition, neuronal Notch signaling is positively regulated by Arc/Arg3.1, an activity-induced gene required for synaptic plasticity. In Arc/Arg3...
- Independent effects of intra- and extracellular Abeta on learning-related gene expressionBettina M Wegenast-Braun
Department of Cellular Neurology, Hertie Institute for Clinical Brain Research, Graduate School of Cellular and Molecular Neuroscience, University of Tubingen, Germany
Am J Pathol 175:271-82. 2009..of different forms of Abeta on cognitive decline by analyzing the behavioral induction of the learning-related gene Arc/Arg3.1 in three different transgenic mouse models of cerebral amyloidosis (APPPS1, APPDutch, and APP23)...
- Targeted tandem affinity purification of PSD-95 recovers core postsynaptic complexes and schizophrenia susceptibility proteinsEsperanza Fernandez
Genes to Cognition Programme, The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Cambridge, UK
Mol Syst Biol 5:269. 2009..This targeted TAP tagging strategy is generally applicable to mammalian proteomics and systems biology approaches to disease...
- Synaptic activity-responsive element in the Arc/Arg3.1 promoter essential for synapse-to-nucleus signaling in activated neuronsTakashi Kawashima
Department of Neurochemistry, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:316-21. 2009The neuronal immediate early gene Arc/Arg-3.1 is widely used as one of the most reliable molecular markers for intense synaptic activity in vivo...
- Arc-dependent synapse-specific homeostatic plasticityJean Claude Beique
The Solomon Snyder Department of Neuroscience, Johns Hopkins University, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:816-21. 2011..synapse-specific homeostatic plasticity, similar to global synaptic plasticity, requires the immediate early gene Arc. Together, our results document an extra level of regulation of synaptic function that bears important ..
- Arc regulates spine morphology and maintains network stability in vivoCarol L Peebles
Gladstone Institute of Neurological Disease and the Keck Program in Striatal Physiology, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:18173-8. 2010..This plasticity involves trafficking of AMPA receptors (AMPAR) and alteration of spine morphology. Arc, a gene induced by synaptic activity, mediates the endocytosis of AMPA receptors and is required for both long-term ..
- Elongation factor 2 and fragile X mental retardation protein control the dynamic translation of Arc/Arg3.1 essential for mGluR-LTDSungjin Park
Department of Neuroscience, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 20205, USA
Neuron 59:70-83. 2008..Here, we demonstrate that Arc/Arg3...
- A specific requirement of Arc/Arg3.1 for visual experience-induced homeostatic synaptic plasticity in mouse primary visual cortexMing Gao
Department of Biology, College of Chemical and Life Sciences, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland 20742, USA
J Neurosci 30:7168-78. 2010..neural activity rapidly upregulates mRNAs of immediate early genes involved in synaptic plasticity, one of which is Arc (activity-regulated cytoskeleton protein or Arg3.1). Cell biological studies indicate that Arc/Arg3...
- In vivo two-photon imaging reveals a role of arc in enhancing orientation specificity in visual cortexKuan Hong Wang
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Cell 126:389-402. 2006..the mechanisms in mice, we replaced the coding part of the neural activity-regulated immediate early gene Arc with a GFP gene and repeatedly monitored visual experience-induced GFP expression in adult primary visual cortex by ..
- The neuroplasticity-associated arc gene is a direct transcriptional target of early growth response (Egr) transcription factorsLin Li
Ward 7 110, Department of Pathology, W127, Northwestern University, 393 E Chicago Ave, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:10286-300. 2005..we show that Egr1 and Egr3 directly regulate the plasticity-associated activity-regulated cytoskeletal-related (Arc) gene, a synaptic activity-induced effector molecule which is also required for L-LTP and hippocampus-dependent ..
- Vulnerability of dentate granule cells to disruption of arc expression in human amyloid precursor protein transgenic miceJorge J Palop
Gladstone Institute of Neurological Disease, University of California, San Francisco, California 94158, USA
J Neurosci 25:9686-93. 2005Activity-induced expression of Arc is necessary for maintenance of long-term potentiation and for memory consolidation...
- Arc/Arg3.1 regulates an endosomal pathway essential for activity-dependent β-amyloid generationJing Wu
Solomon H Snyder Department of Neuroscience, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Cell 147:615-28. 2011..Here, we report that the immediate early gene Arc is required for activity-dependent generation of Aβ...
- Inverse synaptic tagging of inactive synapses via dynamic interaction of Arc/Arg3.1 with CaMKIIβHiroyuki Okuno
Department of Neurochemistry, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Japan
Cell 149:886-98. 2012The Arc/Arg3.1 gene product is rapidly upregulated by strong synaptic activity and critically contributes to weakening synapses by promoting AMPA-R endocytosis...
- Arg3.1/Arc mRNA induction by Ca2+ and cAMP requires protein kinase A and mitogen-activated protein kinase/extracellular regulated kinase activationR Waltereit
Institut fuer Neurale Signalverarbeitung, Zentrum fur Molekulare Neurobiologie Hamburg, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
J Neurosci 21:5484-93. 2001..More recently, arg3.1/arc became of interest, because after synaptic stimulation, arg3...
- Ndfip1 is required for the development of pyramidal neuron dendrites and spines in the neocortexVicki E Hammond
Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health and
Cereb Cortex 24:3289-300. 2014..density (PSD) fractions from Ndfip1 KO cortical and hippocampal neurons showed that the postsynaptic proteins (Arc and PSD-95) were reduced compared with wild-type controls...
- SRF phosphorylation by glycogen synthase kinase-3 promotes axon growth in hippocampal neuronsCong L Li
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology and Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110
J Neurosci 34:4027-42. 2014..Thus, our findings reveal a novel phosphorylation and activation of SRF by GSK-3 that is critical for SRF-dependent axon growth in mammalian central neurons. ..
- Fear extinction requires Arc/Arg3.1 expression in the basolateral amygdalaKousuke Onoue
Laboratory of Chemical Pharmacology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Mol Brain 7:30. 2014..b>Arc (also known as Arg3.1) is implicated in synaptic and experience-dependent plasticity...
- Postsynaptic GABAB receptor activity regulates excitatory neuronal architecture and spatial memoryMiho Terunuma
Department of Neuroscience, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, Department of Neuroscience, Physiology and Pharmacology, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom, Department of Cancer Biology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, and Innovative Medicines, AstraZeneca, Mereside, Alderley Park, Cheshire SK10 4TG, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 34:804-16. 2014..Enhanced GABABR activity reduced the expression of immediate-early gene-encoded protein Arc/Arg3.1, effectors that are critical for long-lasting memory...
- Involvement of hippocampal Arc in amnesia and its recovery by alcoholic extract of Ashwagandha leavesAkash Gautam
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Laboratory, Department of Zoology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi 221005, India Electronic address
Neurobiol Learn Mem 106:177-84. 2013b>Arc (Activity-regulated cytoskeletal-associated protein) is a member of the immediate-early gene (IEG) family protein...
- Elevated Arc/Arg 3.1 protein expression in the basolateral amygdala following auditory trace-cued fear conditioningLily S Chau
Psychology Department, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 603 East Daniel Street, Champaign, IL 61820, USA Electronic address
Neurobiol Learn Mem 106:127-33. 2013..The present study used Arc expression as an activity marker to determine the amygdala's involvement in trace fear associative learning and to ..
- Reduced basal and novelty-induced levels of activity-regulated cytoskeleton associated protein (Arc) and c-Fos mRNA in the cerebral cortex and hippocampus of APPswe/PS1ΔE9 transgenic miceDitte Z Christensen
Neurobiology Research Unit, Copenhagen University Hospital, Rigshospitalet, Denmark
Neurochem Int 63:54-60. 2013Activity-regulated cytoskeletal-associated protein (Arc) and c-Fos are immediate early gene (IEG) products induced by novelty in the hippocampus and involved in the consolidation of synaptic plasticity and long-term memory...
- Arc/Arg3.1 is a postsynaptic mediator of activity-dependent synapse elimination in the developing cerebellumTakayasu Mikuni
Department of Neurophysiology, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Neuron 78:1024-35. 2013..Here, we report that the immediate early gene Arc/Arg3...
- Hippocampal memory traces are differentially modulated by experience, time, and adult neurogenesisChristine A Denny
Department of Biological Sciences, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY 10032, USA Department of Neuroscience and Psychiatry, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY 10032, USA Division of Integrative Neuroscience, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY 10032, USA
Neuron 83:189-201. 2014..These studies suggest that distinct memory traces are located in the DG and in CA3 but that the strength of the memory is related to reactivation in CA3...
- Waves of c-Fos and Arc Proteins Expression in Neuronal Populations of the Hippocampus in Response to a Single Episode of New ExperienceO I Ivashkina
National Research Center Kurchatov Institute, Moscow, Russia
Bull Exp Biol Med 160:729-32. 2016Accumulation of c-Fos and Arc proteins in neurons in different regions of the hippocampus after single trial of contextual fear conditioning was studied by using immunohistochemical staining...
- Metabotropic Glutamate Receptors Induce a Form of LTP Controlled by Translation and Arc Signaling in the HippocampusHui Wang
Mind Brain Institute, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21218
J Neurosci 36:1723-9. 2016..plasticity, depends crucially on protein synthesis controlled by fragile X mental retardation protein and on Arc signaling...
- Motor Learning Consolidates Arc-Expressing Neuronal Ensembles in Secondary Motor CortexVania Yu Cao
Unit on Neural Circuits and Adaptive Behaviors, Clinical and Translational Neuroscience Branch, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA Department of Neuroscience, Brown University National Institutes of Health Graduate Partnerships Program, Providence, RI 02912, USA
Neuron 86:1385-92. 2015..We tracked the endogenous promoter activity of the neuronal activity-regulated gene Arc in individual M2 neurons during rotarod learning by in vivo two-photon imaging of a knockin reporter...
- Learning-induced arg 3.1/arc mRNA expression in the mouse brainMonique Montag-Sallaz
Neurogenetics Research Group, Leibniz Institute for Neurobiology, D 39118 Magdeburg, Germany
Learn Mem 10:99-107. 2003The effector immediate-early gene (IEG) arg 3.1, also called arc, encodes a protein interacting with the neuronal cytoskeleton. The selective localization of arg 3.1/arc mRNA in activated dendritic segments suggests that the arg 3...
- Structural basis of arc binding to synaptic proteins: implications for cognitive diseaseWenchi Zhang
Solomon H Snyder Department of Neuroscience, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Neuron 86:490-500. 2015b>Arc is a cellular immediate-early gene (IEG) that functions at excitatory synapses and is required for learning and memory...
- Arc expression identifies the lateral amygdala fear memory traceL A Gouty-Colomer
Department of Psychiatry, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Mol Psychiatry 21:364-75. 2016..Using a fluorescence-based Arc reporter, we were able to visually identify the distinct subset of lateral amygdala (LA) neurons activated during ..
- Hypercholesterolemia and neurodegeneration. Comparison of hippocampal phenotypes in LDLr knockout and APPswe/PS1dE9 miceMiren Ettcheto
Unitat de Farmacologia i Farmacognòsia Facultat de Farmàcia, Institut de Biomedicina IBUB, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain Biomedical Research Networking Center in Neurodegenerative Diseases CIBERNED, Madrid, Spain
Exp Gerontol 65:69-78. 2015..memory process, such as FBJ osteosarcoma oncogene (Fos) and the activity regulated cytoskeletal-associated protein (Arc) gene, are increased in the hippocampus of LDLr -/- mice...
- Enhancement of dynamin polymerization and GTPase activity by Arc/Arg3.1Christopher E Byers
Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, United States
Biochim Biophys Acta 1850:1310-8. 2015The Activity-regulated cytoskeleton-associated protein, Arc, is an immediate-early gene product implicated in various forms of synaptic plasticity...
- Functional, morphological, and apoptotic alterations in skeletal muscle of ARC deficient miceAndrew S Mitchell
Department of Kinesiology, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, ON, N2L3G1, Canada
Apoptosis 20:310-26. 2015..Apoptosis repressor with caspase recruitment domain (ARC) is a potent anti-apoptotic protein that is highly expressed in skeletal muscle; however, its role in this tissue ..
- Long-delayed expression of the immediate early gene Arc/Arg3.1 refines neuronal circuits to perpetuate fear memoryDaisuke Nakayama
Laboratory of Chemical Pharmacology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan, and
J Neurosci 35:819-30. 2015..Here, we find that mouse hippocampal CA1 neurons exhibit biphasic Arc (also known as Arg3...
- Comparative analysis of developmentally regulated expressions of Gadd45a, Gadd45b, and Gadd45g in the mouse and marmoset cerebral cortexE Matsunaga
Laboratory for Symbolic Cognitive Development, RIKEN Brain Science Institute, Hirosawa 2 1, Wako 351 0198, Japan Electronic address
Neuroscience 284:566-80. 2015..Thus, these results suggest the possibility that differential Gadd45 expression affects neurons, contributing cortical evolution and diversity. ..
- Platelet-derived growth factor-mediated induction of the synaptic plasticity gene Arc/Arg3.1Fuwang Peng
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Neuroscience, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 5880, USA
J Biol Chem 285:21615-24. 2010..In the present study we demonstrated that in the rat hippocampal neurons PDGF regulated the expression of Arc/Arg3.1 gene that has been implicated in both synapse plasticity and long term potentiation...
- Phasic dopamine neuron activity elicits unique mesofrontal plasticity in adolescenceSurjeet Mastwal
Unit on Neural Circuits and Adaptive Behaviors, Genes Cognition and Psychosis Program, and
J Neurosci 34:9484-96. 2014....
- A role for dendritic mGluR5-mediated local translation of Arc/Arg3.1 in MEF2-dependent synapse eliminationJulia R Wilkerson
Department of Neuroscience, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Cell Rep 7:1589-600. 2014..that mGluR5 is necessary for synapse elimination to stimulate dendritic translation of the MEF2 target gene Arc/Arg3.1...
- Orchestrated experience-driven Arc responses are disrupted in a mouse model of Alzheimer's diseaseNikita Rudinskiy
Alzheimer s Disease Research Laboratory, Department of Neurology, MassGeneral Institute for Neurodegenerative Disease, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Neurosci 15:1422-9. 2012Experience-induced expression of immediate-early gene Arc (also known as Arg3.1) is known to be important for consolidation of memory...
- Off-line Arc transcription in active ensembles during fear memory retrievalYoshiko Yamasaki
Laboratory of Chemical Pharmacology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Eur J Neurosci 36:3451-7. 2012..b>Arc/Arg3.1 (Arc) expression is regulated by neural activity and is a critical protein for memory reconsolidation...
- Early life stress-induced histone acetylations correlate with activation of the synaptic plasticity genes Arc and Egr1 in the mouse hippocampusLan Xie
Research Group Structural Plasticity, Institute of Biology, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, Magdeburg, Germany
J Neurochem 125:457-64. 2013..day 14-16 was applied as ELS and two immediate early genes underlying experience-induced synaptic plasticity, Arc and early growth response 1 (Egr1) were analyzed...
- Impairment of TrkB-PSD-95 signaling in Angelman syndromeCong Cao
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Physiology, and Biotechnology, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, United States of America
PLoS Biol 11:e1001478. 2013..of proteins implicated in synaptic plasticity, such as the activity-regulated cytoskeletal-associated protein (Arc/Arg3.1)...
- Arc in the nucleus regulates PML-dependent GluA1 transcription and homeostatic plasticityErica Korb
Gladstone Institutes of Neurological Disease, San Francisco, California, USA
Nat Neurosci 16:874-83. 2013The activity-regulated cytoskeletal protein Arc (also known as Arg3.1) is required for long-term memory formation and synaptic plasticity...
- Permanent genetic access to transiently active neurons via TRAP: targeted recombination in active populationsCasey J Guenthner
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Neuron 78:773-84. 2013..recombinase CreER(T2) is expressed in an activity-dependent manner from the loci of the immediate early genes Arc and Fos...
- Arc/Arg3.1 mRNA expression reveals a subcellular trace of prior sound exposure in adult primary auditory cortexT N Ivanova
Department of Biology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Neuroscience 181:117-26. 2011..early gene (IEG) with documented roles in synaptic plasticity and memory consolidation in the hippocampus: Arc/Arg3.1...
- Transcriptional induction and translational inhibition of Arc and Cugbp2 in mice hippocampus after transient global ischemia under normothermic conditionNoboru Otsuka
Laboratory of Molecular Pharmacology, Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Kakuma machi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa 920 1192, Japan
Brain Res 1287:136-45. 2009..Two genes, Activity-regulated cytoskeleton-associated protein (Arc) and CUG-binding protein-2 (Cugbp2), showed remarkable and persistent increases in their expression levels in ..
- Activity-regulated, cytoskeleton-associated protein (Arc) is essential for visceral endoderm organization during early embryogenesisD Liu
Friedrich Miescher Institute, P O Box 2543, 4002, Basel, Switzerland
Mech Dev 92:207-15. 2000Activity-regulated, cytoskeleton-associated protein (Arc) was first identified as an immediate-early gene regulated by synaptic activity. We have studied its functional role in vivo using a gene-targeting approach...
- Developmental association of the synaptic activity-regulated protein arc with the mouse acrosomal organelle and the sperm tailBernhard Maier
Department of Neuroscience Center for Research in Contraceptive and Reproductive Health, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22903, USA
Biol Reprod 68:67-76. 2003In neurons, arc (activity regulated, cytoskeleton associated) is an immediate early gene (IEG) that is rapidly and transiently induced by excitatory stimulation...
- The activity-regulated cytoskeleton-associated (Arc) gene is a new light-inducible early gene in the mouse suprachiasmatic nucleusM Nishimura
Department of Brain Sciences, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe 650 0017, Japan
Neuroscience 116:1141-7. 2003..appears in suprachiasmatic nucleus clock cells, and here, we report the expression of a new immediate-early gene Arc (activity-regulated cytoskeleton-associated gene) in mice...
- Rapid induction of Arc is observed in the granule cell dendrites in the accessory olfactory bulb after matingMasato Matsuoka
Division of Neurobiology and Anatomy, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata, 1 757 Asahimachidori, Niigata 951 8510, Japan
Brain Res 975:189-95. 2003The activity-regulated cytoskeleton-associated protein (Arc), encoded by the immediate early gene arc, is enriched in the brain and is hypothesized to play a role in the activity-dependent neuronal plasticity in the hippocampus...
- Altered processing of novel information in N-CAM-deficient miceM Montag-Sallaz
Department of Neurobiology, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology ETH, Hoenggerberg, CH 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Neuroreport 14:1343-6. 2003..1/arc in N-CAM-deficient mice after presentation of saccharin as novel or familiar and water as neutral gustatory ..
- Constitutive activation of the G-protein subunit Galphas within forebrain neurons causes PKA-dependent alterations in fear conditioning and cortical Arc mRNA expressionMichele P Kelly
Department of Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Learn Mem 15:75-83. 2008..and if these memory deficits are associated with PKA-dependent alterations in neuronal activity as mapped by Arc mRNA expression...
- Protection of cardiomyocytes from ischemic/hypoxic cell death via Drbp1 and pMe2GlyDH in cardio-specific ARC transgenic miceJong Ok Pyo
Creative Research Initiative Acceleration Research, Seoul National University, Shillim Dong, Seoul 151 747, Korea
J Biol Chem 283:30707-14. 2008..To examine the function of apoptosis repressor with a caspase recruitment domain (ARC) in the ischemic/hypoxic damage of cardiomyocytes, we generated cardio-specific ARC transgenic mice using a mouse ..
- Depression-prone mice with reduced glucocorticoid receptor expression display an altered stress-dependent regulation of brain-derived neurotrophic factor and activity-regulated cytoskeleton-associated proteinR Molteni
Center of Neuropharmacology, Department of Pharmacological Sciences, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
J Psychopharmacol 24:595-603. 2010..neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and the immediate-early gene activity-regulated cytoskeletal-associated protein (Arc), two closely related molecules that can contribute to neuroplastic and morphological changes observed in ..
- Induction of c-Fos, Zif268, and Arc from acute bouts of voluntary wheel running in new and pre-existing adult mouse hippocampal granule neuronsP J Clark
Department of Psychology, The Beckman Institute, 405 N Mathews Avenue, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Neuroscience 184:16-27. 2011..The purpose of this study was three-fold: (1) to determine if Arc and Zif268 expression are also induced from wheel running in both pre-existing and newly formed neurons (2) to ..
- Loss of Arc renders the visual cortex impervious to the effects of sensory experience or deprivationCortina L McCurry
Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Neurosci 13:450-7. 2010..We found that visual cortex lacking Arc is impervious to the effects of deprivation or experience...
- Regulation of markers of synaptic function in mouse models of depression: chronic mild stress and decreased expression of VGLUT1Natalia Elizalde
Department of Pharmacology, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
J Neurochem 114:1302-14. 2010..plasticity markers (VGLUT1, synapsin 1, sinaptophysin, rab3A and activity regulated cytoskeletal protein - Arc) but a long-lasting decrease of the brain derived neurotrophic factor as well as depressive-like behaviour...
- Nociceptive stimulation induces expression of Arc/Arg3.1 in the spinal cord with a preference for neurons containing enkephalinMehdi Hossaini
Dept, of Neuroscience, Erasmus University Medical Center, PO Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Mol Pain 6:43. 2010..The immediate early gene Arc/Arg3...
- SRF binding to SRE 6.9 in the Arc promoter is essential for LTD in cultured Purkinje cellsConstance Smith-Hicks
Solomon H Snyder Department of Neuroscience, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Nat Neurosci 13:1082-9. 2010..the late phase of LTD in mouse cultured cerebellar Purkinje cells, as did deletion of the immediate early gene Arc. Using neuronal bacterial artificial chromosome (BAC) transfection, we found that, in Arc-/- cells transfected with ..
- Persistent neural activity regulates Arc/Arg3.1 transcription in the dentate gyrusTakeshi Toyoda
Laboratory of Chemical Pharmacology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Science, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Neurosci Res 88:3060-6. 2010The activity-regulated cytoskeleton-associated gene (Arc, also known as Arg3.1) is an effector immediate-early gene rapidly induced by strong neural activity...
- α7 nicotinic receptor agonism mitigates phencyclidine-induced changes in synaptophysin and Arc gene expression in the mouse prefrontal cortexMorten S Thomsen
Neurobiology Research Unit, Copenhagen University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Neurochem Int 57:756-61. 2010..This effect is accompanied by a normalization of the PCP-induced increase in Arc mRNA expression in the same regions...
- Genetic and physical maps of the stargazer locus on mouse chromosome 15V A Letts
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609, USA
Genomics 43:62-8. 1997..A physical contig of YACs, BACs, and P1s stretching 1.1 Mb from D15Mit30 to the somatostatin receptor 3 gene is reported, and the DNA interval including the stargazer locus has been narrowed to 150 kb...
- Preferential Arc transcription at rest in the active ensemble during associative learningKoichi Hashikawa
Laboratory of Chemical Pharmacology Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Neurobiol Learn Mem 95:498-504. 2011..activity during rest triggers transcription of immediate early genes such as activity regulated cytoskeletal gene (Arc)...