Gene Symbol: Appl2
Description: adaptor protein, phosphotyrosine interaction, PH domain and leucine zipper containing 2
Alias: Dip3b, DCC-interacting protein 13-beta, DIP13 beta, Dip3 beta, adapter protein containing PH domain, PTB domain and leucine zipper motif 2, dip13-beta
- The adaptor protein APPL2 inhibits insulin-stimulated glucose uptake by interacting with TBC1D1 in skeletal muscleKenneth K Y Cheng
State Key Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong Department of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Diabetes 63:3748-58. 2014..However, the physiological functions of APPL2, a close homolog of APPL1, in regulating glucose metabolism remain elusive...
- Absence of Appl2 sensitizes endotoxin shock through activation of PI3K/Akt pathwayLiufeng Mao
Key Laboratory of Regenerative Biology, Guangzhou Institute of Biomedicine and Health, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Guangzhou, 510530 China
Cell Biosci 4:60. 2014..adaptor protein containing pleckstrin homology domain, phosphotyrosine domain, and leucine zipper motif 1) and Appl2 are highly homologous and involved in several signaling pathways...
- Rab31 and APPL2 enhance FcγR-mediated phagocytosis through PI3K/Akt signaling in macrophagesJeremy C Yeo
Institute for Molecular Bioscience, University of Queensland, Brisbane QLD 4072, Australia
Mol Biol Cell 26:952-65. 2015..During early phagocytosis, we find that Rab31 recruits the signaling adaptor APPL2. siRNA depletion of either Rab31 or APPL2 reduces FcγR-mediated phagocytosis...
- Appl1 and Appl2 are Expendable for Mouse Development But Are Essential for HGF-Induced Akt Activation and Migration in Mouse Embryonic FibroblastsYinfei Tan
Cancer Biology Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
J Cell Physiol 231:1142-50. 2016Although Appl1 and Appl2 have been implicated in multiple cellular activities, we and others have found that Appl1 is dispensable for mouse embryonic development, suggesting that Appl2 can substitute for Appl1 during development...
- APPL1 binds to adiponectin receptors and mediates adiponectin signalling and functionXuming Mao
Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
Nat Cell Biol 8:516-23. 2006..These results demonstrate a key function for APPL1 in adiponectin signalling and provide a molecular mechanism for the insulin sensitizing function of adiponectin...
- Yin-Yang regulation of adiponectin signaling by APPL isoforms in muscle cellsChanghua Wang
Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas 78229 3900, USA
J Biol Chem 284:31608-15. 2009..Here we report that APPL2, an isoform of APPL1 that forms a dimer with APPL1, can interacts with both AdipoR1 and AdipoR2 and acts as a ..
- Appl1 is dispensable for mouse development, and loss of Appl1 has growth factor-selective effects on Akt signaling in murine embryonic fibroblastsYinfei Tan
Cancer Genetics and Signaling Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
J Biol Chem 285:6377-89. 2010..To rule out a possible redundant role played by the related Appl2, we used small interfering RNA to knock down Appl2 expression in Appl1(-/-) MEFs...
- Appl1 is dispensable for Akt signaling in vivo and mouse T-cell developmentYinfei Tan
Cancer Biology Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Genesis 48:531-9. 2010..Collectively, our findings indicate that Appl1 is dispensable for Akt signaling in vivo and T-cell differentiation...