Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Anpep
Description: alanyl (membrane) aminopeptidase
Alias: AP-M, AP-N, Apn, Cd13, P150, aminopeptidase N, alanyl aminopeptidase, aminopeptidase M, aminopeptidase N/CD13, membrane protein p161, microsomal aminopeptidase
- Endothelial cells are progenitors of cardiac pericytes and vascular smooth muscle cellsQi Chen
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Biomedicine, Department of Tissue Morphogenesis, Faculty of Medicine, University of Munster, D 48149 Munster, Germany
Nat Commun 7:12422. 2016..Our findings identify a novel and unexpected population of progenitors for coronary mural cells with potential relevance for heart function and disease conditions. ..
- Tubedown-1 in remodeling of the developing vitreal vasculature in vivo and regulation of capillary outgrowth in vitroH Paradis
Division of Basic Medical Sciences, Department of Medicine, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St John s NF, A1B 3V6, Canada
Dev Biol 249:140-55. 2002..Moreover, vitreal vessels of TGF-beta2(-/-) mice lack expression of pericyte markers (CD13, alpha smooth muscle actin) and show ultrastructural changes consistent with pericyte degeneration...
- CD13 is essential for inflammatory trafficking and infarct healing following permanent coronary artery occlusion in miceFlavia E Pereira
Center for Vascular Biology MC3501, University of Connecticut Health Center, 263 Farmington Ave, Farmington, CT 06030 3501, USA
Cardiovasc Res 100:74-83. 2013To determine the role of CD13 as an adhesion molecule in trafficking of inflammatory cells to the site of injury in vivo and its function in wound healing following myocardial infarction induced by permanent coronary artery occlusion.
- Tyrosine phosphorylation of CD13 regulates inflammatory cell-cell adhesion and monocyte traffickingJaganathan Subramani
Center for Vascular Biology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030
J Immunol 191:3905-12. 2013b>CD13 is a large cell surface peptidase expressed on the monocytes and activated endothelial cells that is important for homing to and resolving the damaged tissue at sites of injury...
- CD13-positive bone marrow-derived myeloid cells promote angiogenesis, tumor growth, and metastasisEleonora Dondossola
David H Koch Center, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:20717-22. 2013..We have recently demonstrated that CD13 (aminopeptidase N) expressed by nonmalignant host cells of unspecified types regulate tumor blood vessel development...
- CD13 regulates anchorage and differentiation of the skeletal muscle satellite stem cell population in ischemic injuryM Mamunur Rahman
Center for Vascular Biology and University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut, USA
Stem Cells 32:1564-77. 2014b>CD13 is a multifunctional cell surface molecule that regulates inflammatory and angiogenic mechanisms in vitro, but its contribution to these processes in vivo or potential roles in stem cell biology remains unexplored...
- Molecular mechanisms regulating CD13-mediated adhesionMallika Ghosh
Center for Vascular Biology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT, USA
Immunology 142:636-47. 2014CD13/Aminopeptidase N is a transmembrane metalloproteinase that is expressed in many tissues where it regulates various cellular functions...
- Mfsd2a is critical for the formation and function of the blood-brain barrierAyal Ben-Zvi
Department of Neurobiology, Harvard Medical School, 220 Longwood Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 509:507-11. 2014..These findings identify Mfsd2a as a key regulator of BBB function that may act by suppressing transcytosis in CNS endothelial cells. Furthermore, our findings may aid in efforts to develop therapeutic approaches for CNS drug delivery. ..
- The pro-inflammatory cytokine 14-3-3ε is a ligand of CD13 in cartilageMeriam Nefla
UMR_S938, CDR Saint Antoine INSERM University Pierre and Marie Curie Paris VI, Sorbonne Universités, 7 quai St Bernard, Paris 75252, Cedex 5, France Inflammation Immunopathology Biotherapy Department DHU i2B, a184 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, Paris 75012, France
J Cell Sci 128:3250-62. 2015..The aim of this study was to investigate the involvement of CD13 (also known as aminopeptidase N, APN) in the chondrocyte response to 14-3-3ε...
- Identification of alanyl aminopeptidase (CD13) as a surface marker for isolation of mature gastric zymogenic chief cellsBenjamin D Moore
Division of Gastroenterology, Departments of Medicine, Pathology, and Immunology, and Developmental Biology, Washington University, St Louis, Missouri
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 309:G955-64. 2015..Here, we identify alanyl aminopeptidase (CD13) as a specific surface marker of zymogenic chief cells (ZCs) in the gastric epithelium...
- Identification and mapping of a common proviral integration site Fli-1 in erythroleukemia cells induced by Friend murine leukemia virusY Ben-David
Division of Molecular and Developmental Biology, Mount Sinai Hospital Research Institute, Toronto, ON, Canada
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 87:1332-6. 1990..DNA and RNA analysis suggests, however, that Fli-1 is different from ets-1. Thus, Fli-1 appears to define a distinct locus specifically involved in the induction of erythroid leukemias by F-MuLV...
- CD13/aminopeptidase N is a negative regulator of mast cell activationJulia S Zotz
Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Immunology, University Hospital, Rheinisch Westfälische Technische Hochschule RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
FASEB J 30:2225-35. 2016..S., Wölbing, F., Lassnig, C., Kauffmann, M., Schulte, U., Kolb, A., Whitelaw, B., Müller, M., Biedermann, T., Huber, M. CD13/aminopeptidase N is a negative regulator of mast cell activation.
- Slc20a2 deficiency results in fetal growth restriction and placental calcification associated with thickened basement membranes and novel CD13 and lamininα1 expressing cellsMary C Wallingford
University of Washington, Department of Bioengineering, 3720 15th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98195, USA Electronic address
Reprod Biol 16:13-26. 2016..vascular structure, increased basement membrane deposition, abundant calcification, and accumulation of novel CD13 and lamininα1 positive cells...
- CD13 restricts TLR4 endocytic signal transduction in inflammationMallika Ghosh
Center for Vascular Biology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030
J Immunol 194:4466-76. 2015..We showed that CD13 negatively modulates receptor-mediated Ag uptake in dendritic cells to control T cell activation in adaptive ..
- CD13 regulates dendritic cell cross-presentation and T cell responses by inhibiting receptor-mediated antigen uptakeMallika Ghosh
University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
J Immunol 188:5489-99. 2012..In this study, we found that the myeloid cell surface peptidase CD13 is highly and specifically expressed on the subset of DCs responsible for cross-presentation, the CD8(+) murine ..
- Aminopeptidase N/CD13 induces angiogenesis through interaction with a pro-angiogenic protein, galectin-3Eunju Yang
Chemical Genomics Laboratory, Department of Biotechnology, College of Engineering, Yonsei University, 134 Shinchon dong, Seodaemun gu, Seoul 120 749, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 363:336-41. 2007b>Aminopeptidase N/CD13 is an endothelial cell surface ectoenzyme involved in one of the initial steps of angiogenesis. However, little is known how APN induces angiogenesis in endothelial cells...
- Wnt signaling specifies and patterns intestinal endodermRichard I Sherwood
Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 77 Avenue Louis Pasteur, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mech Dev 128:387-400. 2011..These findings shed light on the mechanism of embryonic intestinal induction and provide a method to manipulate intestinal development from embryonic stem cells...
- Cooperative effects of aminopeptidase N (CD13) expressed by nonmalignant and cancer cells within the tumor microenvironmentLiliana Guzman-Rojas
David H Koch Center, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:1637-42. 2012..The metalloprotease aminopeptidase N (APN; CD13) is often overexpressed in tumor cells and has been implicated in angiogenesis and cancer ..
- Intestinal peptidases form functional complexes with the neutral amino acid transporter B(0)AT1Stephen J Fairweather
Research School of Biology, Australian National University, Canberra, ACT 0200, Australia
Biochem J 446:135-48. 2012..of intestinal brush-border membrane proteins revealed that B(0)AT1 forms complexes with two peptidases, APN (aminopeptidase N/CD13) and ACE2 (angiotensin-converting enzyme 2)...
- Essential role for thymosin β4 in regulating vascular smooth muscle cell development and vessel wall stabilityAlex Rossdeutsch
Molecular Medicine Unit, UCL Institute of Child Health, UCL, London, UK
Circ Res 111:e89-102. 2012..There is currently a lack of insight into developmental insults that may define the molecular and cellular characteristics of initiating and perpetrating factors in adult aneurismal disease...
- Mammary gland development is delayed in mice deficient for aminopeptidase NAndreas F Kolb
Metabolic Health Division, Rowett Institute of Nutrition and Health, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, AB21 9SB, Scotland, UK
Transgenic Res 22:425-34. 2013..We have analysed the role of the cell surface protease aminopeptidase N (Anpep, APN, CD13) during these processes using Anpep deficient and Anpep over-expressing mice...
- Enhanced expression of CD13 in vessels of inflammatory and neoplastic tissuesPaola Di Matteo
Molmed SpA, Milan, Italy
J Histochem Cytochem 59:47-59. 2011Aminopeptidase-N (CD13) is an important target of tumor vasculature-targeting drugs...
- Myeloid CD34+CD13+ precursor cells transdifferentiate into chondrocyte-like cells in atherosclerotic intimal calcificationLars Christian Doehring
Medizinische Klinik II, Universitaetsklinikum Schleswig Holstein, Campus Luebeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, 23538 Luebeck, Germany
Am J Pathol 177:473-80. 2010..stem cells contribute to the phenotype, stem cell marker CD34 and myeloid progenitor-associated antigen CD13 were analyzed. CD34(+) was detectable in 86.9 +/- 8.1% and CD13(+) evidence in 54.2 +/- 7...
- CD13 is dispensable for normal hematopoiesis and myeloid cell functions in the mouseBeata Winnicka
Center for Vascular Biology, Department of Immunology, University of Connecticut Health Center, 263 Farmington Ave, Farmington, CT 06030 3501, USA
J Leukoc Biol 88:347-59. 2010The robust and consistent expression of the CD13 cell surface marker on very early as well as differentiated myeloid hematopoietic cells has prompted numerous investigations seeking to define roles for CD13 in myeloid cells...
- Dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DP IV, CD26) and aminopeptidase N (APN, CD13) as regulators of T cell function and targets of immunotherapy in CNS inflammationAliza Biton
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, POB 12272, 91120 Jerusalem, Israel
Adv Exp Med Biol 575:177-86. 2006
- CD13 is a novel mediator of monocytic/endothelial cell adhesionPaola Mina-Osorio
Center for Vascular Biology, Department of Cell Biology, University of Connecticut Health Center, 263 Farmington Ave, Farmington, CT 06030 3501, USA
J Leukoc Biol 84:448-59. 2008..The transmembrane molecule CD13 is expressed on monocytes and endothelial cells and has been shown to mediate homotypic cell adhesion, which may ..
- Impaired angiogenesis in aminopeptidase N-null miceRoberto Rangel
Department of Genitourinary Medical Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:4588-93. 2007b>Aminopeptidase N (APN, CD13; EC 188.8.131.52) is a transmembrane metalloprotease with several functions, depending on the cell type and tissue environment...
- Conserved linkage within a 4-cM region of mouse chromosome 9 and human chromosome 11T K Antonucci
Genetics 107:463-75. 1984..Evidence is presented for the homology of this chromosome region with the ESA4 - UPS - APO-AI region on the long arm of human chromosome 11...
- Esterase 13, a new mouse esterase locus with recessive expression and its genetic location on chromosome 9J E Womack
Biochem Genet 16:1107-12. 1978..Es-13 was mapped on Chr 9 by recombinant inbred lines and by conventional backcrossing experiments. Backcross data produced the following gene order and map distances: Lap-1 (31.6 +/- 7.5 cM) Es-13 (2.6 +/- 2.6 cM) Mod-1...
- Genetic variation of an intestinal leucine arylaminopeptidase (Lap-1) in the mouse and its location on chromosome 9J E Womack
Biochem Genet 13:511-8. 1975..The Lap-1 to d map distance was estimated to be 21.3 +/- 4.6 cM from backcross data and 8.1 +/- 4.8 cM from recombinant inbred lines...
- Structure and chromosome assignment of the murine p36 (calpactin I heavy chain) geneP Amiguet
Department of Immunology, Research Institute of Scripps Clinic, La Jolla, California 92037
Biochemistry 29:1226-32. 1990..The p36 gene is at least 22 kb in length and has a coding sequence of approximately 1 kb, representing only 4.5% of the gene.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Genetic analysis of nonhistone chromosomal protein inheritance in recombinant inbred mouse strains using two-dimensional electrophoresisL S Ramagli
Department of Molecular Pathology, University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030
Biochem Genet 28:123-36. 1990..These 16 NHCP genetic marker inheritance differences detected in RIs add to the 23 previously established genetic marker differences between the progenitors...
- Intestinal leucine aminopeptidase and alkaline phosphatase: genetic regulation and development in miceM F Finlay
Benedict College, Columbia, South Carolina 29204
Biochem Genet 28:267-81. 1990..In interstrain crosses, banded/diffuse, migration rate, and neuraminidase sensitivity were inherited as independent autosomal traits, with indications of variable penetrance and genetic interaction...
- Genetic mapping of mouse T3d and T3e between Apoa1 and NcamR D Miller
Division of Molecular Biology, Medical Biological Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037
Immunogenetics 30:511-4. 1989
- Human myeloid plasma membrane glycoprotein CD13 (gp150) is identical to aminopeptidase NA T Look
Department of Hematology Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38101
J Clin Invest 83:1299-307. 1989..Sequence comparisons with known enzymes of this class revealed that CD13 is identical to aminopeptidase N, a membrane-bound glycoprotein thought to be involved in the metabolism of regulatory peptides by diverse ..
- The structural genes encoding P450scc and P450arom are closely linked on mouse chromosome 9G L Youngblood
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 0278
Endocrinology 125:2784-6. 1989..The information presented in this report, along with other studies, indicate conservation between homologous human and mouse chromosomal regions and suggest that human P450SCC will be found to be closely linked with human P450arom...
- Chromosomal location of the gene encoding the neural cell adhesion molecule (N-CAM) in the mouseP D'Eustachio
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 82:7631-5. 1985..The Ncam locus provides an important reference point for mapping the genes for additional cell adhesion molecules as well as genes for other molecules involved in neural development and function...
- Regional linkage analysis of the dioxin-inducible P-450 gene family on mouse chromosome 9C E Hildebrand
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 130:396-406. 1985....
- Genetic control of lipid transport in mice. II. Genes controlling structure of high density lipoproteinsA J Lusis
J Biol Chem 258:5071-8. 1983..Thus, the mouse provides a useful model system for examining the genetic control of mammalian HDL structure and regulation...
- cNGR: a novel homing sequence for CD13/APN targeted molecular imaging of murine cardiac angiogenesis in vivoAlexandra Buehler
CARIM, University of Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 26:2681-7. 2006Previously, the peptide sequence cNGR has been shown to home specifically to CD13/APN (aminopeptidase N) on tumor endothelium...
- Ly-15: a new murine lymphocyte alloantigenic locusT A Potter
Transplantation 31:339-42. 1981..1. A monoclonal antibody to the Ly-15.2 specificity is also described. The Ly-15 specificities were found on thymus, on lymph node and spleen cells, and on liver, but were absent from kidney, brain, and red blood cells...
- A serum protein polymorphism determinant on chromosome 9 of Mus musculusE M Eicher
Mol Gen Genet 177:571-6. 1980..Because the genotype of SEP-1 can be determined for individual mice without killing them, Sep-1 is a very useful gene in linkage studies and experimental biology...
- Analysis of recombinant inbred lines derived from "autoimmune" (NZB) and "high leukemia" (C58) strains: independent multigenic systems control B cell hyperactivity, retrovirus expression, and autoimmunityS K Datta
J Immunol 129:1539-44. 1982....
- A mouse aminopeptidase N is a marker for antigen-presenting cells and appears to be co-expressed with major histocompatibility complex class II moleculesA S Hansen
Institute of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Eur J Immunol 23:2358-64. 1993To analyze the expression of mouse aminopeptidase N (APN) on the cells of the immune system a panel of rat monoclonal antibodies against mouse intestinal APN was generated...
- Chromosomal localization of uroplakin genes of cattle and miceA M Ryan
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, Texas A and M University, College Station 77843
Mamm Genome 4:656-61. 1993..Our results also suggest likely positions for two human uroplakin genes and should facilitate further analysis of their possible involvement in disease...
- T cell responses affected by aminopeptidase N (CD13)-mediated trimming of major histocompatibility complex class II-bound peptidesS L Larsen
Department of Experimental Immunology, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
J Exp Med 184:183-9. 1996..Specific antibodies further identified the exopeptidase Aminopeptidase N (APN, CD13) as one of the enzymes involved in the observed cell-surface antigen processing...
- p161, a murine membrane protein expressed on mast cells and some macrophages, is mouse CD13/aminopeptidase NH Chen
Laboratory of Immunology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Immunol 157:2593-600. 1996..The sequences of the resultant peptides indicated that p161 is homologous with rat and human CD13/aminopeptidase N. Using oligonucleotide primers derived from rat CD13 cDNA, a mouse cDNA was obtained...
- Study of asparagine 353 in aminopeptidase A: characterization of a novel motif (GXMEN) implicated in exopeptidase specificity of monozinc aminopeptidasesX Iturrioz
INSERM Unité 36 Collège de France, 11 place Marcelin Berthelot, 75005 Paris, France
Biochemistry 40:14440-8. 2001..In conclusion, Asn-353 of the GXMEN motif, together with Glu-352, contributes to the exopeptidase specificity of APA and plays an equivalent role to Asn-144 in CPA...
- Proteomic analysis of microglia-derived exosomes: metabolic role of the aminopeptidase CD13 in neuropeptide catabolismIlaria Potolicchio
Department of Pathology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York, NY 10461, USA
J Immunol 175:2237-43. 2005..Additionally, microglia-derived exosomes expressed the aminopeptidase CD13 and the lactate transporter MCT-1...
- Location of the gene for theta antigen in the mouse. III. The position of Thy-1 relative to Lap-1 and Mpi-1T C Douglas
J Hered 70:250-4. 1979..The overall map for this portion of chromosome 9 as determined by these crosses is: Lap-1--5--Thy-1--7--Mpi-1--14--Mod-1...
- Typing recombinant inbred mouse strains for microsatellite markersB A Taylor
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609
Mamm Genome 4:239-42. 1993..Microsatellite variants were selected that were located in chromosomal regions previously lacking markers. These markers extend the regions swept in these RI strains...