Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Aldh1a7
Description: aldehyde dehydrogenase family 1, subfamily A7
Alias: AI987940, Ahd2-like, Aldh-pb, Aldh1a4, Aldhpb, aldehyde dehydrogenase, cytosolic 1, ALDH class 1, ALDH-E1, ALHDII, Aldehyde dehydrogenase 1 (phenobarbitol inducible), aldehyde dehydrogenase family 1 member A7, aldehyde dehydrogenase family 1, subfamily A4, aldehyde dehydrogenase phenobarbital-inducible, aldh1a7
- Molecular analysis of two closely related mouse aldehyde dehydrogenase genes: identification of a role for Aldh1, but not Aldh-pb, in the biosynthesis of retinoic acidL C Hsu
Department of Biochemical Genetics, Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Biochem J 339:387-95. 1999..Thus our results indicate that Aldh1 can function in retinoic acid synthesis under physiological conditions, but that the closely related Aldh-pb does not share this property...
- The recently identified modifier of murine metastable epialleles, Rearranged L-Myc Fusion, is involved in maintaining epigenetic marks at CpG island shores and enhancersSarah K Harten
BMC Biol 13:21. 2015..To identify other loci affected by the absence of Rlf, we have now analysed 12 whole genome bisulphite sequencing datasets across three different embryonic tissues/stages from mice wild-type or null for Rlf...
- A paradoxical teratogenic mechanism for retinoic acidLeo M Y Lee
School of Biomedical Sciences, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:13668-73. 2012..This previously undescribed and unsuspected mechanism provides insight into the molecular pathway of retinoic acid-induced teratogenesis...
- ALDH1B1 is a potential stem/progenitor marker for multiple pancreas progenitor poolsMarilia Ioannou
Developmental Biology Laboratory, Biomedical Research Foundation of the Academy of Athens, Athens 11527, Greece
Dev Biol 374:153-63. 2013....
- Complementary domains of retinoic acid production and degradation in the early chick embryoE C Swindell
Department of Biochemistry, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, 77030, USA
Dev Biol 216:282-96. 1999..Localized regions of RA synthesis and degradation mediated by these two enzymes may therefore provide a mechanism to regulate RA homeostasis spatially in vertebrate embryos...
- External genitalia formation: role of fibroblast growth factor, retinoic acid signaling, and distal urethral epitheliumY Ogino
Center for Animal Resources and Development, Kumamoto University, Japan
Ann N Y Acad Sci 948:13-31. 2001..In RA-treated embryos, Fgf8 expression was still detected in the distal GT regions. Possible regulatory roles of the FGF and RA signaling systems in external genitalia formation are discussed...
- The so-called "testis-specific aldehyde dehydrogenase" corresponds to type 2 retinaldehyde dehydrogenase in the mouseI Piotr Maly
Institute of Anatomy, University of Basel, Pestalozzistrasse 20, Switzerland
Histochem Cell Biol 119:169-74. 2003..The tissue distribution as well as substrate specificity and isoelectric points indicate that the "testis-specific aldehyde dehydrogenase" corresponds to mouse type 2 retinaldehyde dehydrogenase...
- Pygo1 and Pygo2 roles in Wnt signaling in mammalian kidney developmentKristopher R Schwab
Division of Developmental Biology, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
BMC Biol 5:15. 2007..To better understand the functions of Pygopus-mediated canonical Wnt signaling in kidney development, targeted mutations were made in the two mammalian orthologs, Pygo1 and Pygo2...
- Host airway proteins interact with Staphylococcus aureus during early pneumoniaChristy L Ventura
Division of Infectious Diseases, Center for Childhood Infections and Prematurity Research, Seattle Children s Hospital Research Institute, 1900 9th Ave, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Infect Immun 76:888-98. 2008..aureus in vivo. The data presented here provide novel insights into the host-pathogen interactions that occur when S. aureus enters the airway...
- Male-specific expression of Aldh1a1 in mouse and chicken fetal testes: implications for retinoid balance in gonad developmentJosephine Bowles
Division of Molecular Genetics and Development, Institute for Molecular Biosciences, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Dev Dyn 238:2073-80. 2009..Our data suggest that low levels of RA may be required for early developmental events in the testis, or that Aldh1a1 expression in the fetus may prefigure a later requirement for ALDH1A1 in regulating spermatogenesis postnatally...
- Wt1 and retinoic acid signaling in the subcoelomic mesenchyme control the development of the pleuropericardial membranes and the sinus hornsJulia Norden
Institut fur Molekularbiologie, OE5250, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Carl Neuberg Str 1, D 30625 Hannover, Germany
Circ Res 106:1212-20. 2010..The systemic venous return myocardium (sinus node and sinus horns) forms only late in cardiogenesis from a pool of pericardial mesenchymal precursor cells...
- Aldehyde dehydrogenase 1a1 is dispensable for stem cell function in the mouse hematopoietic and nervous systemsBoaz P Levi
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Internal Medicine, and Center for Stem Cell Biology, Life Sciences Institute, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2216, USA
Blood 113:1670-80. 2009..Finally, Aldh1a1 deficiency did not affect the function of stem cells from the adult central or peripheral nervous systems. Aldh1a1 is not a critical regulator of adult stem cell function or Aldefluor staining in mice...