Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Adrb2
Description: adrenergic receptor, beta 2
Alias: Adrb-2, Badm, Gpcr7, beta-2 adrenergic receptor, beta 2-AR, beta-2 adrenoceptor, beta-2 adrenoreceptor
Publications134 found, 100 shown here
- Beta -Arrestin 1 down-regulation after insulin treatment is associated with supersensitization of beta 2 adrenergic receptor Galpha s signaling in 3T3-L1 adipocytesChristopher J Hupfeld
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla 92093, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:161-6. 2003....
- Down-regulation of beta2-adrenergic receptor expression by exercise training increases IL-12 production by macrophages following LPS stimulationChoh Ei Itoh
Department of Molecular Predictive Medicine and Sport Science, School of Medicine, Kyorin University, Mitaka, Tokyo 181 8611, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 322:979-84. 2004....
- Agonist dose-dependent phosphorylation by protein kinase A and G protein-coupled receptor kinase regulates beta2 adrenoceptor coupling to G(i) proteins in cardiomyocytesRuijie Liu
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
J Biol Chem 284:32279-87. 2009....
- Paradoxical attenuation of β2-AR function in airway smooth muscle by Gi-mediated counterregulation in transgenic mice overexpressing type 5 adenylyl cyclaseWayne C H Wang
Dept of Medicine, Univ of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 300:L472-8. 2011..ERK1/2 inhibition had no effect on the phenotype. Thus perturbing the ratio of β(2)-AR to AC in ASM by increasing AC fails to improve (and actually decreases) β-agonist efficacy due to counterregulatory events...
- Direct control of peripheral lipid deposition by CNS GLP-1 receptor signaling is mediated by the sympathetic nervous system and blunted in diet-induced obesityRuben Nogueiras
Department of Psychiatry, Obesity Research Centre, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45226, USA
J Neurosci 29:5916-25. 2009..Importantly, the CNS GLP-1 system loses the capacity to modulate adipocyte metabolism in obese states, suggesting an obesity-induced adipocyte resistance to CNS GLP-1...
- Targeted disruption of the mouse beta1-adrenergic receptor gene: developmental and cardiovascular effectsD K Rohrer
Department of Pediatrics, Stanford University, CA 94305, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:7375-80. 1996..These findings occur despite persistent cardiac beta 2-AR expression, demonstrating the importance of beta 1-ARs for proper mouse development and cardiac function, while highlighting functional differences between beta-AR subtypes...
- Targeted disruption of the beta2 adrenergic receptor geneA J Chruscinski
Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Biol Chem 274:16694-700. 1999..In summary, the primary physiologic consequences of the beta2-AR gene disruption are observed only during the stress of exercise and are the result of alterations in both vascular tone and energy metabolism...
- Cardiovascular and metabolic alterations in mice lacking both beta1- and beta2-adrenergic receptorsD K Rohrer
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Roche Bioscience, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
J Biol Chem 274:16701-8. 1999....
- Beta-adrenergic receptor subtype-specific signaling in cardiac myocytes from beta(1) and beta(2) adrenoceptor knockout miceE Devic
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Stanford University Medical School, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Mol Pharmacol 60:577-83. 2001..These studies show that all three beta AR subtypes are expressed in neonatal cardiac myocytes, and the beta(1)AR and beta(2)AR couple to distinct signaling pathways...
- Differential distribution of beta-adrenergic receptor subtypes in blood vessels of knockout mice lacking beta(1)- or beta(2)-adrenergic receptorsA Chruscinski
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA
Mol Pharmacol 60:955-62. 2001....
- Caveolar localization dictates physiologic signaling of beta 2-adrenoceptors in neonatal cardiac myocytesYang Xiang
Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Stanford Medical Center, Palo Alto, CA 94305, USA
J Biol Chem 277:34280-6. 2002..These observations suggest that beta(2)ARs are normally restricted to caveolae in myocyte membranes and that this localization is essential for physiologic signaling of this receptor subtype...
- Beta(1)/beta(2)/beta(3)-adrenoceptor knockout mice are obese and cold-sensitive but have normal lipolytic responses to fastingMaria Jimenez
Departement de Biochimie Medicale, Centre Medical Universitaire, 1, rue Michel Servet, 1211 Geneve 4, Switzerland
FEBS Lett 530:37-40. 2002..Hence, beta-adrenergic signalling is essential for the resistance to obesity and cold, but not for the lipolytic response to fasting...
- The PDZ-binding motif of the beta2-adrenoceptor is essential for physiologic signaling and trafficking in cardiac myocytesYang Xiang
Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA 94305, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:10776-81. 2003....
- Upregulation of alveolar epithelial active Na+ transport is dependent on beta2-adrenergic receptor signalingGokhan M Mutlu
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Ill, USA
Circ Res 94:1091-100. 2004..These findings indicate that betaAR signaling may not be necessary for basal AFC, and that beta2AR is essential for the adaptive physiological response needed to clear excess fluid from the alveolar airspace of normal and injured lungs...
- Leptin regulation of bone resorption by the sympathetic nervous system and CARTFlorent Elefteriou
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Nature 434:514-20. 2005..Sympathetic signalling via beta2-adrenergic receptors (Adrb2) present on osteoblasts controls bone formation downstream of leptin...
- Differential cardioprotective/cardiotoxic effects mediated by beta-adrenergic receptor subtypesDaniel Bernstein
Dept of Pediatrics, 750 Welch Rd, Suite 305, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 289:H2441-9. 2005....
- Effect of targeted deletions of beta1- and beta2-adrenergic-receptor subtypes on heart rate variabilityPhillip M Ecker
Dept of Pediatrics, Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 290:H192-9. 2006..These results demonstrate the differential role of beta-AR subtypes in regulating autonomic signaling...
- Beta2 adrenergic receptor activation stimulates pro-inflammatory cytokine production in macrophages via PKA- and NF-kappaB-independent mechanismsKai Soo Tan
The Comprehensive Center for Inflammatory Disorders, School of Dentistry, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Cell Signal 19:251-60. 2007....
- Organization of beta-adrenoceptor signaling compartments by sympathetic innervation of cardiac myocytesOlga G Shcherbakova
Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 95305, USA
J Cell Biol 176:521-33. 2007....
- Norepinephrine- and epinephrine-induced distinct beta2-adrenoceptor signaling is dictated by GRK2 phosphorylation in cardiomyocytesYongyu Wang
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Illinois 61822, USA
J Biol Chem 283:1799-807. 2008..This study not only helps us understand the endogenous agonist-dependent beta(2)AR signaling in animal heart but also offers an example of how G protein-coupled receptor signaling may be finely regulated by GRK in physiological settings...
- Signaling from beta1- and beta2-adrenergic receptors is defined by differential interactions with PDE4Wito Richter
Division of Reproductive Biology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5317, USA
EMBO J 27:384-93. 2008....
- Knockout of beta(1)- and beta(2)-adrenoceptors attenuates pressure overload-induced cardiac hypertrophy and fibrosisH Kiriazis
Department of Experimental Cardiology, Baker Heart Research Institute, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Br J Pharmacol 153:684-92. 2008..We investigated the effect of beta-adrenoceptors on cardiac hypertrophic growth using beta(1)- and beta(2)-adrenoreceptor knockout and wild-type (WT) mice...
- Haematopoietic stem cell release is regulated by circadian oscillationsSimon Mendez-Ferrer
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Department of Medicine and Department of Gene and Cell Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
Nature 452:442-7. 2008..These data indicate that a circadian, neurally driven release of HSC during the animal's resting period may promote the regeneration of the stem cell niche and possibly other tissues...
- The sympathetic tone mediates leptin's inhibition of insulin secretion by modulating osteocalcin bioactivityEiichi Hinoi
Department of Genetics and Development, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Cell Biol 183:1235-42. 2008..By showing that leptin inhibits insulin secretion by decreasing osteocalcin bioactivity, this study illustrates the importance of the relationship existing between fat and skeleton for the regulation of glucose homeostasis...
- Beta2-adrenoceptor signaling is required for the development of an asthma phenotype in a murine modelLong P Nguyen
Department of Pharmacological and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Houston, Science and Research Building 2, Houston, TX 77204, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:2435-40. 2009....
- Dynamic protein kinase a activities induced by beta-adrenoceptors dictate signaling propagation for substrate phosphorylation and myocyte contractionDagoberto Soto
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 407 S Goodwin Ave, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Circ Res 104:770-9. 2009..Together, our data have revealed insights into kinetics of PKA activities in signaling propagation under neurohormonal stimulation...
- Beta1-adrenergic receptors stimulate cardiac contractility and CaMKII activation in vivo and enhance cardiac dysfunction following myocardial infarctionByungSu Yoo
Departments of Medicine, Cell Biology and Molecular Genetics, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 297:H1377-86. 2009..Moreover, it appears that beta(1)AR signaling is detrimental to cardiac function following MI, possibly through activation of CaMKII...
- Differential association of phosphodiesterase 4D isoforms with beta2-adrenoceptor in cardiac myocytesVania De Arcangelis
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
J Biol Chem 284:33824-32. 2009..Our data underscore the complex regulation of intracellular cAMP by beta(2)AR-associated phosphodiesterase enzymes to enforce the specificity of the receptor signaling for physiological responses...
- Beta2-adrenergic receptor redistribution in heart failure changes cAMP compartmentationViacheslav O Nikolaev
Department of Cardiac Medicine, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London, Dovehouse Street, London SW3 6LY, UK
Science 327:1653-7. 2010..Thus, the redistribution of beta(2)ARs in heart failure changes compartmentation of cAMP and might contribute to the failing myocardial phenotype...
- Total beta-adrenoceptor deficiency results in cardiac hypotrophy and negative inotropyS Lee
Department III of Internal Medicine, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Physiol Res 59:679-89. 2010..The decreased SERCA 2a activity following beta-adrenoceptor deficiency may be partly compensated by an increased myofibrillar calcium-sensitivity...
- Bone marrow CD169+ macrophages promote the retention of hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells in the mesenchymal stem cell nicheAndrew Chow
Department of Gene and Cell Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Exp Med 208:261-71. 2011..Thus, strategies that target BM MΦ hold the potential to augment stem cell yields in patients that mobilize HSCs/progenitors poorly...
- β-adrenergic receptor-stimulated lipolysis requires the RAB7-mediated autolysosomal lipid degradationAnalyn Lizaso
Taiwan International Graduate Program Graduate Institute of Life Science National Defense Medical Center and Academia Sinica Laboratory of Molecular Pathology Institute of Molecular Biology, Academia Sinica Taipei, Taiwan
Autophagy 9:1228-43. 2013..By convention, activation of cytosolic lipases via the β-adrenergic receptor (ADRB2)-cAMP signaling pathway is the only molecular mechanism considered to liberate fatty acids from triglycerides ..
- β2-adrenergic receptor knockout mice exhibit A diabetic retinopathy phenotypeYoude Jiang
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e70555. 2013..Since the effects occurred in vivo under normal glucose conditions, we postulate that aspects of the diabetic retinopathy phenotype might be triggered by loss of β2-adrenergic receptor signaling. ..
- β1-adrenergic receptor stimulation by agonist Compound 49b restores insulin receptor signal transduction in vivoYoude Jiang
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN
Mol Vis 20:872-80. 2014..Determine whether Compound 49b treatment ameliorates retinal changes due to the lack of β2-adrenergic receptor signaling...
- Linkage map of seven polymorphic markers on rat chromosome 18E F Remmers
Arthritis and Rheumatism Branch, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Mamm Genome 4:265-70. 1993..SSLPs) associated with five genes: transthyretin (TTR), trypsin inhibitor-like protein (TILP), beta 2 adrenergic receptor (ADRB2), olfactory neuron-specific G protein (OLF), and gap junction protein (GJA1)...
- Cardiac function in genetically engineered mice with altered adrenergic receptor signalingH A Rockman
Department of Medicine, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla 92093, USA
Am J Physiol 272:H1553-9. 1997..The purpose of this review is to summarize current knowledge about the regulation of cardiovascular homeostasis involving signaling pathways through stimulation of adrenergic receptors...
- Mutation of the RIIbeta subunit of protein kinase A prevents diet-induced insulin resistance and dyslipidemia in miceS A Schreyer
Department of Pathobiology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Diabetes 50:2555-62. 2001..Taken together, these data demonstrate that loss of RIIbeta protects mice from diet-induced obesity, insulin resistance, and dyslipidemia...
- Selective regulation of mature IgG1 transcription by CD86 and beta 2-adrenergic receptor stimulationJoseph R Podojil
Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology, and Medical Genetics, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Immunol 170:5143-51. 2003..These results provide the first evidence that CD86 and/or beta(2)AR stimulation on a CD40 ligand/IL-4-activated B cell increases the level of IgG1 protein produced per cell by increasing the rate of mature IgG1 transcription...
- Activation of beta2-adrenergic receptor stimulates gamma-secretase activity and accelerates amyloid plaque formationYanxiang Ni
Laboratory of Molecular Cell Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
Nat Med 12:1390-6. 2006..Thus, beta(2)-AR activation can stimulate gamma-secretase activity and amyloid plaque formation, which suggests that abnormal activation of beta(2)-AR might contribute to Abeta accumulation in Alzheimer disease pathogenesis...
- Adrenergic regulation of AMP-activated protein kinase in brown adipose tissue in vivoThomas Pulinilkunnil
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Biol Chem 286:8798-809. 2011..Furthermore, AMPK α Ser(485/491) phosphorylation may be a novel mechanism to inhibit AMPK activity in vivo and alter its biological effects...
- Stress-induced epinephrine levels compromise murine dermal fibroblast activity through β-adrenoceptorsBruna Romana-Souza
Department of Histology and Embryology, Rio de Janeiro State University, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Exp Dermatol 20:413-9. 2011..In conclusion, high levels of epinephrine directly compromise the activity of neonatal mouse skin fibroblasts through the activation of β1-, β2- and β3-adrenoceptors, but not through α1- and α2-adrenoceptors...
- A stress response pathway regulates DNA damage through β2-adrenoreceptors and β-arrestin-1Makoto R Hara
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Nature 477:349-53. 2011..Our results highlight the emerging role of ARRB1 as an E3-ligase adaptor in the nucleus, and reveal how DNA damage may accumulate in response to chronic stress...
- Cell type-specific β2-adrenergic receptor clusters identified using photoactivated localization microscopy are not lipid raft related, but depend on actin cytoskeleton integrityMarco Scarselli
Laboratory of Nanoscale Biology, Institute of Bioengineering, School of Engineering, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne EPFL, CH 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 287:16768-80. 2012....
- Lack of β2-AR improves exercise capacity and skeletal muscle oxidative phenotype in miceV A Voltarelli
School of Physical Education and Sport, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Scand J Med Sci Sports 22:e125-32. 2012..Altogether, these data provide evidence that disruption of β(2)-AR improves oxidative metabolism in skeletal muscle of β(2) KO mice and this is associated with increased exercise capacity...
- Pharmacological blockade of a β(2)AR-β-arrestin-1 signaling cascade prevents the accumulation of DNA damage in a behavioral stress modelMakoto R Hara
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Cell Cycle 12:219-24. 2013..These data suggest that the β(2)AR-β-arrestin-1 signaling pathway may represent an attractive therapeutic target to prevent some of the negative consequences of stress in the treatment of stress-related disorders...
- Deletion of the β2-adrenergic receptor prevents the development of cardiomyopathy in miceGiovanni Fajardo
Department of Pediatrics, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 63:155-64. 2013..Similar effects were seen after TAC. Unlike previous models where β2-ARs were found to be cardioprotective, in these two models, β2-AR signaling appears to be deleterious, potentially through negative regulation of Ca(2+) dynamics. ..
- Leptin engages a hypothalamic neurocircuitry to permit survival in the absence of insulinTeppei Fujikawa
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hypothalamic Research, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Cell Metab 18:431-44. 2013..Collectively, our data elucidate a hypothalamic-dependent pathway enabling life without insulin and hence pave the way for developing better treatments for diseases of insulin deficiency. ..
- Convergence of G protein-coupled receptor and S-nitrosylation signaling determines the outcome to cardiac ischemic injuryZ Maggie Huang
1Center for Translational Medicine, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Sci Signal 6:ra95. 2013..Our findings suggest new insights into the mechanism of action of classic drugs used to treat heart failure and new therapeutic approaches to ischemic heart disease. ..
- Expression of β1- and β2-adrenoceptors in different subtypes of interneurons in the medial prefrontal cortex of miceY Liu
Institute of Neurobiology and State Key Laboratory of Medical Neurobiology, Institutes of Brain Science, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
Neuroscience 257:149-57. 2014..SST-ir interneurons are more likely to express β2-AR compared with the other subtypes of interneurons. The present results are of significance for understanding the role of β-ARs in prefrontal cortical functions. ..
- Adrenergic β2 receptor activation stimulates anti-inflammatory properties of dendritic cells in vitroLaurens E Nijhuis
Tytgat Institute for Gastro Intestinal and Liver Research, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 9:e85086. 2014..These effects were independent of IL10-R activation, TGFβ release, or retinoic acid (RA) secretion. Hence, adrenergic receptor β2 activation modulates DC function resulting in skewing towards anti-inflammatory T cell phenotypes. ..
- Isoproterenol induces vascular oxidative stress and endothelial dysfunction via a Giα-coupled β2-adrenoceptor signaling pathwayAna P Davel
Department of Structural and Functional Biology, Institute of Biology, State University of Campinas UNICAMP, Campinas, SP, Brazil Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
PLoS ONE 9:e91877. 2014..It is associated with oxidative stress and altered vasoconstrictor tone. This study investigated the β-adrenoceptor subtype and the signaling pathways implicated in the vascular effects of β-adrenoceptor overactivation...
- Genetic suppression of β2-adrenergic receptors ameliorates tau pathology in a mouse model of tauopathiesElena V Wisely
Department of Physiology and The Barshop Institute for Longevity and Aging Studies, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX, USA
Hum Mol Genet 23:4024-34. 2014..Furthermore, these data suggest that a detailed pharmacological modulation of β2ARs could be exploited to develop better therapeutic strategies for AD and other tauopathies. ..
- Inactivation of the adrenergic receptor β2 disrupts glucose homeostasis in miceGustavo W Fernandes
Presbyterian University Mackenzie Biological ScienceCCBS, Sao Paulo, SP, BrazilInstitute of Science Biomedical Morpho Functional SciencesAv Prof Lineu Prestes, Sao Paulo, SP 04310 000, BrazilDepartment of Cell and Developmental BiologyInstitute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, BrazilDepartment of AnatomyInstitute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Av Prof Lineu Prestes, 2415, Sao Paulo, SP 05508 000, BrazilSanta Casa AFIP and PathologySchool of Medical Sciences, Sao Paulo, SP, BrazilSchool of Physical Education and SportUniversity of São Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, BrazilFederal University of ABC Human and Natural Sciences CenterRua Catequese, 242, Santo Andre, SP 09090 400, BrazilDivision of EndocrinologyDiabetes and Metabolism, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida, USACiências Biológicas e da SaúdeUniversidade Presbiteriana Mackenzie PPGDD CCBS, Rua da Consolação, 930 prédio 16, 1 andar, Sao Paulo, SP 01302 907, Brazil
J Endocrinol 221:381-90. 2014..Feeding on a high-fat diet worsens the metabolic imbalance, with significant fasting hyperglycemia but similar liver structure and lipid profile to the WT controls. ..
- Etanercept restores normal insulin signal transduction in β2-adrenergic receptor knockout miceYoude Jiang
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN, USA
J Neuroinflammation 11:137. 2014..In this study, we hypothesized that inhibition of TNFα in β2KO mice would increase normal insulin signaling, leading to improved retinal function...
- Disruption of type 5 adenylyl cyclase prevents β-adrenergic receptor cardiomyopathy: a novel approach to β-adrenergic receptor blockadeLin Yan
Departments of Cell Biology and Molecular Medicine and Medicine and the Cardiovascular Research Institute, Rutgers University New Jersey Medical School, Newark, New Jersey
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 307:H1521-8. 2014....
- Cardiac pressure overload hypertrophy is differentially regulated by β-adrenergic receptor subtypesMingming Zhao
Department of Pediatrics, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94304, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 301:H1461-70. 2011..Angiogenesis is not a prerequisite for compensated cardiac hypertrophy...
- β-arrestin2 mediates β-2 adrenergic receptor signaling inducing prostate cancer cell progressionPenghui Zhang
Clinical Laboratory Center, Children s Hospital, Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing, PR China
Oncol Rep 26:1471-7. 2011..This study demonstrates that βArr2 is involved in prostate carcinogenesis induced by stress and provides potential therapeutic targets for cancer...
- β-Adrenergic receptor-PI3K signaling crosstalk in mouse heart: elucidation of immediate downstream signaling cascadesWeizhi Zhang
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, The Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, China
PLoS ONE 6:e26581. 2011....
- Role of β-adrenergic receptors in the anti-obesity and anti-diabetic effects of zinc-α2-glycoprotien (ZAG)Steven Thomas Russell
Nutritional Biomedicine, School of Health Sciences, Aston University, Birmingham B4 7ET, UK
Biochim Biophys Acta 1821:590-9. 2012..The goal of the current study is to determine whether the β-adrenoreceptor (β-AR) plays a role in the anti-obesity and anti-diabetic effects of zinc-α2-glycoprotein (ZAG)...
- Redundant catecholamine signaling consolidates fear memory via phospholipase CMing Ouyang
Department of Pharmacology and Neuroscience Graduate Group, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6084, USA
J Neurosci 32:1932-41. 2012..The results support recent evidence indicating that blocking β-adrenergic receptors alone shortly after trauma may not be sufficient to prevent PTSD...
- β2AR antagonists and β2AR gene deletion both promote skin wound repair processesChristine E Pullar
Deparment of Cell Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Leicester, Leicester, UK
J Invest Dermatol 132:2076-84. 2012..2AR antagonism promoted wound repair processes in the early stages of wound repair, revealing a possible new avenue for therapeutic intervention...
- Acute activation of β2-adrenergic receptor regulates focal adhesions through βArrestin2- and p115RhoGEF protein-mediated activation of RhoAXiaojie Ma
Department of Urology and Prostate Disease Center, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
J Biol Chem 287:18925-36. 2012..These results suggest that βArrestin2 may serve as a convergence point for non-G(12/13) and non-G(q) protein-coupled receptors to activate RhoA...
- Palmitoylation regulates intracellular trafficking of β2 adrenergic receptor/arrestin/phosphodiesterase 4D complexes in cardiomyocytesRuijie Liu
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Illinois, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e42658. 2012..Our data reveal a novel function of palmitoylation in shaping subcellular cAMP-PKA signaling in cardiomyocytes via modulating the recruitment of β arrestin 2-PDE4D complexes to the agonist-stimulated β(2)AR...
- Cardiac sympathetic neurons provide trophic signal to the heart via β2-adrenoceptor-dependent regulation of proteolysisTania Zaglia
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Padova, Viale G Colombo 3, Padova 35121, Italy
Cardiovasc Res 97:240-50. 2013..Whether continuous input from the SNs is required for the maintenance of the cardiomyocyte size has not been determined thus far...
- Decrease in heart adrenoceptor gene expression and receptor number as compensatory tool for preserved heart function and biological rhythm in M(2) KO animalsJan Benes
Institute of Physiology, 1st Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Albertov 5, 128 00, Prague, Czech Republic
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 385:1161-73. 2012..As possible mechanisms of almost normal cardiac function, the decreases of both β(1)- and β(2)-adrenoceptor gene expression and receptor binding should be considered...
- Total beta-adrenoceptor knockout slows conduction and reduces inducible arrhythmias in the mouse heartFlorian Stöckigt
Department of Medicine Cardiology, University Hospital of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e49203. 2012..TKO represents a unique mouse model mimicking total unselective medical β-blocker therapy in men. Electrophysiological characteristics of TKO have not yet been investigated in an animal model...
- Molecular and functional characteristics of β3-adrenoceptors in late pregnant mouse uterus: a comparison with β2-adrenoceptorsSubhashree Parida
Division of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar, Bareilly 243122, UP, India
Eur J Pharmacol 700:74-9. 2013..The predominance of β(2)- over β(3)-adrenoceptor expression may explain variable potency amongst the β-adrenoceptor agonists...
- β-Adrenergic regulation of cardiac progenitor cell death versus survival and proliferationMohsin Khan
San Diego Heart Research Institute, San Diego State University, San Diego, CA 92182, USA
Circ Res 112:476-86. 2013..Endogenous cardiac progenitor cell (CPC) activation may partially offset cardiomyocyte losses, but consequences of long-term β-adrenergic drive on CPC survival and proliferation are unknown...
- Beta2-adrenergic receptor signaling in CD4+ Foxp3+ regulatory T cells enhances their suppressive function in a PKA-dependent mannerMárcia G Guereschi
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Parasitology, Paulista Medical School, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Eur J Immunol 43:1001-12. 2013..Our data suggest that sympathetic fibers are able to regulate Treg-cell suppressive activity in a positive manner through B2AR signaling...
- A multipoint genetic linkage map of mouse chromosome 18K R Johnson
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609
Genomics 13:1143-9. 1992..An additional previously unmapped gene, Drd-1, predicted to be on mouse Chr 18 based on its human chromosomal location, was mapped to the middle region of mouse Chr 13...
- Chromosomal organization of adrenergic receptor genesT L Yang-Feng
Department of Human Genetics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 87:1516-20. 1990..The AR genes thus provide a paradigm for understanding the evolution of such structurally conserved yet functionally divergent families of receptor molecules...
- Human brain-specific L-proline transporter: molecular cloning, functional expression, and chromosomal localization of the gene in human and mouse genomesS Shafqat
Department of Pharmacology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Mol Pharmacol 48:219-29. 1995..These findings warrant the consideration of a synaptic regulatory role for this transporter and its presumed natural substrate, L-proline, in the mammalian central nervous system...
- Enhanced myocardial function in transgenic mice overexpressing the beta 2-adrenergic receptorC A Milano
Department of Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710
Science 264:582-6. 1994..Because chronic heart failure in humans is accompanied by a reduction in the number of myocardial beta-adrenergic receptors and in inotropic responsiveness, these results suggest a potential gene therapy approach to this disease state...
- Physiological consequences of beta-adrenergic receptor disruptionD K Rohrer
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Roche Bioscience, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
J Mol Med (Berl) 76:764-72. 1998....
- A putative beta2-adrenoceptor from the rainbow trout (Oncorhynuchus mykiss). Molecular characterization and pharmacologyJ G Nickerson
Department of Biology, University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Eur J Biochem 268:6465-72. 2001....
- betaAR signaling required for diet-induced thermogenesis and obesity resistanceEric S Bachman
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, 99 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Science 297:843-5. 2002..These findings establish that betaARs are necessary for diet-induced thermogenesis and that this efferent pathway plays a critical role in the body's defense against diet-induced obesity...
- G protein-coupled receptors form stable complexes with inwardly rectifying potassium channels and adenylyl cyclaseNatalie Lavine
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Medical Science, University of Toronto, Ontario M5T 1R8, Canada
J Biol Chem 277:46010-9. 2002..The observation that several G protein-coupled receptors form stable complexes with their effectors suggests that this arrangement might be a general feature of G protein-coupled signal transduction...
- Lower risk of postinfarct rupture in mouse heart overexpressing beta 2-adrenergic receptors: importance of collagen contentXiao Ming Gao
Baker Medical Research Institute, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 40:632-40. 2002....
- Erythrocyte G protein-coupled receptor signaling in malarial infectionTravis Harrison
Department of Pathology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, 303 Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Science 301:1734-6. 2003..berghei infections in an in vivo mouse model. Thus, signaling via the erythrocyte beta2-adrenergic receptor and Galphas may regulate malarial infection across parasite species...
- PKC-alpha regulates cardiac contractility and propensity toward heart failureJulian C Braz
Department of Pediatrics, University of Cincinnati, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229 3039, USA
Nat Med 10:248-54. 2004..Thus, PKC-alpha functions as a nodal integrator of cardiac contractility by sensing intracellular Ca(2+) and signal transduction events, which can profoundly affect propensity toward heart failure...
- Distinct roles for Src tyrosine kinase in beta2-adrenergic receptor signaling to MAPK and in receptor internalizationJianyun Huang
Department of Physiology, Cornell University Weill Medical College, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Biol Chem 279:21637-42. 2004..In other words, our finding suggests that receptor internalization is not required for beta2-adrenergic receptor signaling to the MAPK pathway in MEF cells...
- Expression of beta adrenergic receptors in mouse oocytes and preimplantation embryosStefan Cikos
Institute of Animal Physiology, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Soltesovej 4, Kosice, Slovakia
Mol Reprod Dev 71:145-53. 2005..Thus, our results indicate that beta adrenergic receptors are expressed in mouse oocytes and preimplantation embryos and that ligands for the receptors can affect the mouse embryo even in the very early stages of development...
- The role of beta-adrenergic receptor signaling in cardioprotectionHaiyan Tong
Department of Pathology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
FASEB J 19:983-5. 2005..These data show an important role for beta2-AR in cardioprotection and support the novel hypothesis that preconditioning involves switching of beta2-AR coupling from Gs to Gi...
- Norepinephrine induces lipolysis in beta1/beta2/beta3-adrenoceptor knockout miceGeneviève Tavernier
Unité de Recherches sur les Obésités, INSERM UPS U586, Institut Louis Bugnard IFR31, CHU Rangueil, Batiment L3, BP 84225, 31432 Toulouse Cedex 4, France
Mol Pharmacol 68:793-9. 2005..We conclude that the residual lipolytic effect observed in beta-less mice can be attributed to an unknown Gs-protein-coupled receptor with low affinity for catecholamines...
- Heterodimerization of beta1- and beta2-adrenergic receptor subtypes optimizes beta-adrenergic modulation of cardiac contractilityWei Zhong Zhu
Laboratory of Cardiovascular Science, Gerontology Research Center, National Institute on Aging, NIH, 5600 Nathan Shock Dr, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Circ Res 97:244-51. 2005....
- beta2-Adrenoceptor blockade partially restores ex vivo TNF production following hemorrhagic shockKarim Asehnoune
AP HP, Univ Paris Sud, Hopital Bicetre, Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, EA3540, F 94275 Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Cytokine 34:212-8. 2006..Finally, this study demonstrates that beta(2)-adrenoceptor ligands play an important role in blood leukocyte deactivation to LPS after hemorrhagic shock...
- Respiratory syncytial virus induces insensitivity to beta-adrenergic agonists in mouse lung epithelium in vivoIan C Davis
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35205 3703, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 293:L281-9. 2007....
- An increase in murine skeletal muscle peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma coactivator-1alpha (PGC-1alpha) mRNA in response to exercise is mediated by beta-adrenergic receptor activationShinji Miura
Nutritional Science Program, National Institute of Health and Nutrition, 1 23 1, Toyama, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 162 8636, Japan
Endocrinology 148:3441-8. 2007..These data indicate that up-regulation of PGC-1alpha expression in skeletal muscle by exercise is mediated, at least in part, by beta-ARs activation. Among ARs, beta2-AR may mediate an increase in PGC-1alpha by exercise...
- The beta2 adrenergic receptor regulates morphine tolerance and physical dependenceDe Yong Liang
Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, Stanford University, Department of Anesthesiology, 3801 Miranda Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Behav Brain Res 181:118-26. 2007..Therefore, beta2-AR antagonists show some promise as agents to enhance chronic opioid analgesic therapy...
- Central control of bone remodeling by neuromedin UShingo Sato
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Graduate School, 21st Century Center of Excellence Program, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 1 5 45 Yushima, Tokyo 113 8519, Japan
Nat Med 13:1234-40. 2007..Given the existence of inhibitors and activators of NMU action, our results may influence the treatment of diseases involving low bone mass, such as osteoporosis...
- Integrative genomics analysis reveals silencing of beta-adrenergic signaling by polycomb in prostate cancerJindan Yu
Department of Pathology, Michigan Center for Translational Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Cancer Cell 12:419-31. 2007..One of the candidates identified was ADRB2 (Adrenergic Receptor, Beta-2), a critical mediator of beta-adrenergic signaling...
- Vagal tone dominates autonomic control of mouse heart rate at thermoneutralityS J Swoap
Dept of Biomedical Sciences, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL 32306 4300, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 294:H1581-8. 2008..These experiments conclusively demonstrate that in the absence of cold stress, regulation of vagal tone and modulation of intrinsic rate are important determinants of HR control in the mouse...
- Endogenous beta-adrenergic receptors inhibit lipopolysaccharide-induced pulmonary cytokine release and coagulationIda A J Giebelen
Center for Infection and Immunity Amsterdam CINIMA, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 39:373-9. 2008..This study suggests that beta-adrenergic receptors, which are widely expressed in the lungs, serve as negative regulators of pulmonary cytokine release and coagulation induced by LPS and less so during LTA-induced pulmonary inflammation...
- Mfsd2a encodes a novel major facilitator superfamily domain-containing protein highly induced in brown adipose tissue during fasting and adaptive thermogenesisMartin Angers
Cell Biology Section, LRB, Division of Intramural Research, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, 111 T W Alexander Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Biochem J 416:347-55. 2008..The observed induction of Mfsd2a expression in cultured BAT cells by dibutyryl-cAMP is in agreement with this conclusion. The present study suggests that Mfsd2a plays a role in adaptive thermogenesis...
- Functional expression of beta2 adrenergic receptors responsible for protection against oxidative stress through promotion of glutathione synthesis after Nrf2 upregulation in undifferentiated mesenchymal C3H10T1/2 stem cellsYoshifumi Takahata
Laboratory of Molecular Pharmacology, Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Japan
J Cell Physiol 218:268-75. 2009....
- Beta2-adrenoreceptor ligands regulate osteoclast differentiation in vitro by direct and indirect mechanismsSarah J Aitken
Rheumatic Diseases Unit, University of Edinburgh, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK
Arch Biochem Biophys 482:96-103. 2009....
- Folic acid supplementation modifies beta-adrenoceptor-mediated in vitro lipolysis of obese/diabetic (+db/+db) miceTsz Yan Lam
Li Ka Shing Institute of Health Sciences, University of Hong Kong, Shatin, N T, Hong Kong, PR China
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 234:1047-55. 2009..We demonstrate that lipolysis elicited by beta-AR (beta(2)- and beta(3)-ARs) agonists was blunted in +db/+db mice. Folic acid consumption has significant modulatory effects on beta-ARs protein expression and lipolysis...
- Mechanisms involved in 3',5'-cyclic adenosine monophosphate-mediated inhibition of the ubiquitin-proteasome system in skeletal muscleDawit A P Gonçalves
Departments of Physiology and Biochemistry and Immunology, School of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, 14049 900 Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
Endocrinology 150:5395-404. 2009....
- Clenbuterol and formoterol decrease force production in isolated intact mouse skeletal muscle fiber bundles through a beta2-adrenoceptor-independent mechanismCecilia McCormick
Biomedical and Clinical Sciences Research Institute, School of Medicine, Health Policy and Practice, Univ of East Anglia, Norwich NR4 7TJ, UK
J Appl Physiol (1985) 109:1716-27. 2010....
- FRET-based direct detection of dynamic protein kinase A activity on the sarcoplasmic reticulum in cardiomyocytesShubai Liu
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 404:581-6. 2011..Together, this new PKA activity biosensor provides a useful tool to directly visualize the dynamic regulation of PKA activity on the SR in cardiomyocytes under various physiological and clinical conditions...
- Role of β-adrenoceptors in glucose uptake in astrocytes using β-adrenoceptor knockout miceStephanie L Catus
Department of Pharmacology, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Br J Pharmacol 162:1700-15. 2011..The aims of the present study are to identify which β-adrenoceptor subtypes are present in mouse astrocytes, the signal transduction mechanisms involved and whether β-adrenoceptor stimulation regulates glucose uptake...
- When Belief Becomes False Memory: A Processing AccountDaniel Bernstein; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposed work will help clarify the relationship between belief and memory, thereby delineating some of the mechanisms responsible for false memory. ..
- Microcomputed Tomography Device (Scanco UCT40)Mary Bouxsein; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- High Resolution Ultrasound Biomicroscopy SystemDaniel Bernstein; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Training Program in Integrative ImmunobiologyVirginia Sanders; Fiscal Year: 2007..In summary, we will provide a multidisciplinary training environment unlike any other for studying the basic science and clinical applications of the immune system in health and disease. ..
- REGULATION OF PTH ACTIVITY IN BONE BY BETA-ARRESTINMary Bouxsein; Fiscal Year: 2008..Information gained from the proposed studies will be instrumental for developing new PTH1R ligands with improved signaling and biologic activity profiles for treatment of osteoporosis and other metabolic bone disorders. ..
- ROLE OF BETA-RECEPTOR SIGNALING IN CARDIOMYOPATHYDaniel Bernstein; Fiscal Year: 2010..However, our data suggest that the intricacies of b-AR subtype signaling, the temporal dependence of this signaling, and the multiple pathways of potential crosstalk, are quite a bit more complex. ..